The Importance of Manufacturing in Economic Development: Has This Changed?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Barry Eichengreen & Poonam Gupta, 2013.
"The two waves of service-sector growth,"
Oxford Economic Papers,
Oxford University Press, vol. 65(1), pages 96-123, January.
- Barry Eichengreen & Poonam Gupta, 2009. "The Two Waves of Service-Sector Growth," Working Papers id:1934, eSocialSciences.
- Barry Eichengreen & Poonam Gupta, 2009. "The Two Waves of Service-Sector Growth," Development Economics Working Papers 22914, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Barry Eichengreen & Poonam Gupta, 2009. "The Two Waves of Service Sector Growth," NBER Working Papers 14968, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Perkins, Dwight H. & Syrquin, Moshe, 1989. "Large countries: The influence of size," Handbook of Development Economics,in: Hollis Chenery & T.N. Srinivasan (ed.), Handbook of Development Economics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 32, pages 1691-1753 Elsevier.
- McMillan, Margaret & Rodrik, Dani & Verduzco-Gallo, Íñigo, 2014. "Globalization, Structural Change, and Productivity Growth, with an Update on Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 11-32.
- Mary Amiti, 1999. "Specialization patterns in Europe," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 135(4), pages 573-593, December.
- Chakravarty, Sangeeta & Mitra, Arup, 2009. "Is industry still the engine of growth? An econometric study of the organized sector employment in India," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 22-35.
- Dani Rodrik, 2016.
Journal of Economic Growth,
Springer, vol. 21(1), pages 1-33, March.
- Vinish Kathuria & Rajesh Raj Natarajan, 2013. "Is Manufacturing an Engine of Growth in India in the Post-Nineties?," Journal of South Asian Development, , vol. 8(3), pages 385-408, December.
- repec:mes:postke:v:35:y:2012:i:1:p:79-92 is not listed on IDEAS
- Adrian Wood & Jörg Mayer, 2011.
"Has China de-industrialised other developing countries?,"
Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv),
Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 147(2), pages 325-350, June.
- Adrian Wood (ODID), Joerg Mayer (UNCTAD), "undated". "Has China de-industrialised other developing countries?," QEH Working Papers qehwps175, Queen Elizabeth House, University of Oxford.
- Cowell, Frank, 2011. "Measuring Inequality," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, edition 3, number 9780199594047.
- S. Necmi, 1999. "Kaldor's growth analysis revisited," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(5), pages 653-660.
- Armstrong, Harvey & Read, Robert, 1995. "Western European micro-states and EU autonomous regions: The advantages of size and sovereignty," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(7), pages 1229-1245, July.
- Szirmai, Adam & Verspagen, Bart, 2015.
"Manufacturing and economic growth in developing countries, 1950–2005,"
Structural Change and Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 46-59.
- Szirmai, Adam & Verspagen, Bart, 2011. "Manufacturing and Economic Growth in Developing Countries, 1950-2005," MERIT Working Papers 069, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Silberston, Aubrey, 1972. "Economies of Scale in Theory and Practice," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 82(325), pages 369-391, Supplemen.
- Ghani, Ejaz & O'Connell, Stephen D., 2014. "Can service be a growth escalator in low-income countries ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6971, The World Bank.
- Su, Dan & Yao, Yang, 2016. "Manufacturing as the Key Engine of Economic Growth for Middle-Income Economies," ADBI Working Papers 573, Asian Development Bank Institute.
- Dasgupta, Sukti & Singh, Ajit, 2006. "Manufacturing, Services and Premature Deindustrialization in Developing Countries: A Kaldorian Analysis," WIDER Working Paper Series 049, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Kenneth J. Arrow, 1962. "The Economic Implications of Learning by Doing," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 29(3), pages 155-173.
- Marconi, Nelson & Reis, Cristina Fróes de Borja & Araújo, Eliane Cristina de, 2016. "Manufacturing and economic development: The actuality of Kaldor's first and second laws," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 75-89.
- Dani Rodrik, 2013. "Unconditional Convergence in Manufacturing," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 128(1), pages 165-204.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:bla:apacel:v:31:y:2017:i:2:p:19-29 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:cmj:networ:y:2017:i:9:p:39-45 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wolfgang Britz & Roberto Roson, 2018. "Exploring Long Run Structural Change with a Dynamic General Equilibrium Model," Working Papers 2018: 12, Department of Economics, University of Venice "Ca' Foscari".
- Roman Stöllinger, 2017. "Global Value Chains and Structural Upgrading," wiiw Working Papers 138, The Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies, wiiw.
- repec:cmj:seapas:y:2017:i:14:p:221-230 is not listed on IDEAS
- Roberto Roson, 2017. "Understanding the Global Dynamics of Sectoral Labor Productivity," Working Papers 2017:15, Department of Economics, University of Venice "Ca' Foscari".
More about this item
Keywordsmanufacturing; structural change; economic development; concentration;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:93:y:2017:i:c:p:293-315. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.