Services in Developing Economies: A new chance for catching-up?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ghani, Ejaz (ed.), 2010. "The Service Revolution in South Asia," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198065111.
- Ute Pieper, 2003. "Sectoral regularities of productivity growth in developing countries--a Kaldorian interpretation," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 27(6), pages 831-850, November.
- Barry Eichengreen & Poonam Gupta, 2013.
"The two waves of service-sector growth,"
Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 65(1), pages 96-123, January.
- Barry Eichengreen & Poonam Gupta, 2009. "The Two Waves of Service-Sector Growth," Working Papers id:1934, eSocialSciences.
- Barry Eichengreen & Poonam Gupta, 2009. "The Two Waves of Service-Sector Growth," Development Economics Working Papers 22914, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Barry Eichengreen & Poonam Gupta, 2009. "The Two Waves of Service Sector Growth," NBER Working Papers 14968, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ghani, Ejaz & Kharas, Homi, 2010. "The Service Revolution," World Bank - Economic Premise, The World Bank, issue 14, pages 1-5, May.
- McMillan, Margaret & Rodrik, Dani & Verduzco-Gallo, Íñigo, 2014. "Globalization, Structural Change, and Productivity Growth, with an Update on Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 11-32.
- Maroto-Sánchez, Andrés & Cuadrado-Roura, Juan R., 2009. "Is growth of services an obstacle to productivity growth? A comparative analysis," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 254-265, December.
- Kiminori Matsuyama, 2009. "Structural Change in an Interdependent World: A Global View of Manufacturing Decline," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 7(2-3), pages 478-486, 04-05.
- Dani Rodrik, 2016.
Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 21(1), pages 1-33, March.
- Pavitt, Keith, 1984. "Sectoral patterns of technical change: Towards a taxonomy and a theory," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 13(6), pages 343-373, December.
- Heather Wells & Anthony Thirlwall, 2003. "Testing Kaldor's Growth Laws across the Countries of Africa," African Development Review, African Development Bank, vol. 15(2‐3), pages 89-105.
- John S. L. McCombie, 1983. "Kaldor's Laws in Retrospect," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 5(3), pages 414-429, April.
- Margaret S. McMillan & Dani Rodrik, 2011.
"Globalization, Structural Change and Productivity Growth,"
NBER Working Papers
17143, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- McMillan, Margaret & Rodrik, Dani, 2012. "Globalization, structural change, and productivity growth:," IFPRI discussion papers 1160, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Dixon, R & Thirlwall, A P, 1975. "A Model of Regional Growth-Rate Differences on Kaldorian Lines," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 27(2), pages 201-214, July.
- Kaldor, Nicholas, 1970. "The Case for Regional Policies," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 17(3), pages 337-348, November.
- Dale W. Jorgenson & Marcel P. Timmer, 2011.
"Structural Change in Advanced Nations: A New Set of Stylised Facts,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 113(1), pages 1-29, March.
- Jorgenson, D.W. & Timmer, Marcel, 2010. "Structural Change in Advanced Nations: A New Set of Stylised Facts," GGDC Research Memorandum GD-115, Groningen Growth and Development Centre, University of Groningen.
- Bairam, Erkin I, 1987. "The Verdoorn Law, Returns to Scale and Industrial Growth: A Review of the Literature," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(48), pages 20-42, June.
- Jordi Pons-Novell & Elisabet Viladecans-Marsal, 1999. "Kaldor's Laws and Spatial Dependence: Evidence for the European Regions," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(5), pages 443-451.
- Marcel P. Timmer & Gaaitzen J. de Vries, 2009. "Structural change and growth accelerations in Asia and Latin America: a new sectoral data set," Cliometrica, Journal of Historical Economics and Econometric History, Association Française de Cliométrie (AFC), vol. 3(2), pages 165-190, June.
- José Antonio Ocampo, 2005. "Beyond Reforms : Structural Dynamics and Macroeconomic Vulnerability," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 7378, Juni.
- McCombie, J S L, 1985. "Increasing Returns and the Manufacturing Industries: Some Empirical Issues," The Manchester School of Economic & Social Studies, University of Manchester, vol. 53(1), pages 55-75, March.
- Cimoli, Mario & Porcile, Gabriel & Primi, Annalisa & Vergara, Sebastián, 2005. "Cambio estructural, heterogeneidad productiva y tecnología en América Latina," Documentos de Proyectos 2800, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL).
- Stoneman, P, 1976. "Kaldor's Law and British Economic Growth 1800-1970," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 093, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Sukti Dasgupta & Ajit Singh, 2006. "Manufacturing, Services and Premature De-Industrialisation in Developing Countries: A Kaldorian Empirical Analysis," Working Papers wp327, Centre for Business Research, University of Cambridge.
- International Monetary Fund, 2007. "Asia Rising; A Sectoral Perspective," IMF Working Papers 07/130, International Monetary Fund.
- Yongbok Jeon, 2006. "Manufacturing, Increasing Returns and Economic Development in China, 1979-2004: A Kaldorian Approach," Working Paper Series, Department of Economics, University of Utah 2006_08, University of Utah, Department of Economics.
- Thomas R. Michl, 1985. "International Comparisons of Productivity Growth: Verdoorn’s Law Revisited," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(4), pages 474-492, July.
- repec:dgr:rugggd:gd-149 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jesus Felipe, 1998. "The Role of the Manufacturing Sector in Southeast Asian Development: A Test of Kaldor’s First Law," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(3), pages 463-485, March.
- Kox, Henk L.M. & Rubalcaba, Luis, 2007.
"Analysing the contribution of business services to European economic growth,"
2003, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Henk Kox & Luis Rubalcaba, 2007. "Analysing the Contribution of Business Services to European Economic Growth," Bruges European Economic Research Papers 9, European Economic Studies Department, College of Europe.
- Mario Cimoli & Jorge Katz, 2003. "Structural reforms, technological gaps and economic development: a Latin American perspective," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 12(2), pages 387-411, April.
- A. P. Thirlwall, 2013. "Economic Growth in an Open Developing Economy," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 15208.
- Kenneth J. Arrow, 1962. "The Economic Implications of Learning by Doing," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 29(3), pages 155-173.
- Young, Allyn A., 1928. "Increasing Returns and Economic Progress," History of Economic Thought Articles, McMaster University Archive for the History of Economic Thought, vol. 38, pages 527-542.
- Kaldor, Nicholas, 1975. "Economic Growth and the Verdoorn Law-A Comment on Mr. Rowthorn's Article," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 85(340), pages 891-896, December.
- Tregenna, Fiona, 2011. "Manufacturing Productivity, Deindustrialization, and Reindustrialization," WIDER Working Paper Series 057, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Fiona Tregenna, 2011. "Manufacturing Productivity, Deindustrialization, and Reindustrialization," WIDER Working Paper Series wp-2011-057, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- repec:idb:brikps:59518 is not listed on IDEAS
- Rob Vos & Roberto Frenkel & José Antonio Ocampo & José Gabriel Palma & Manuel Marfán & Jaime Ros & Lance Taylor & Nelson Correa & Mario Cimoli, 2005. "Beyond Reforms: Structural Dynamics and Macroeconomic Vulnerability," IDB Publications (Books), Inter-American Development Bank, number 59518 edited by José Antonio Ocampo, February.
- Faridah Djellal & FaÏz Gallouj, 2008. "Measuring and Improving Productivity in Services: Issues, Strategies and Challenges," Post-Print hal-01111758, HAL.
- Rowthorn, R E, 1975. "What Remains of Kaldor's Law?," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 85(337), pages 10-19, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Enrique Gilles & Marcel Vaillant, 2016. "Incorporation of services in natural resource-intensive goods: description and measurement of the phenomenon," Documentos de Trabajo EAN 015105, Universidad EAN.
- Maria Savona, 2018. "Industrial policy for a Europeanindustrial renaissance. A few reflections," SPRU Working Paper Series 2018-07, SPRU - Science Policy Research Unit, University of Sussex Business School.
- Yahya Z. ALSHEHHI & Jozsef POPP, 2017. "Sectoral Analysis: Growth Accounting Of Tertiary Industries," SEA - Practical Application of Science, Romanian Foundation for Business Intelligence, Editorial Department, issue 14, pages 221-230, August.
- Emily Cox, 2015. "Opening the Black Box of Energy Security: A Study of Conceptions of Electricity Security in the UK," SPRU Working Paper Series 2015-37, SPRU - Science Policy Research Unit, University of Sussex Business School.
- Valeriy V. Mironov & Liudmila D. Konovalova, 2019. "Structural changes and economic growth in the world economy and Russia," Russian Journal of Economics, ARPHA Platform, vol. 5(1), pages 1-26, April.
- Aleksandra Kordalska & Magdalena Olczyk, 2018.
"CEE Trade in Services: Value-Added Versus Gross Terms Approaches,"
Eastern European Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 56(4), pages 269-291, July.
- Aleksandra Kordalska & Magdalena Olczyk, 2018. "Cee Trade In Services: Value Added Versus Gross Terms Approaches," GUT FME Working Paper Series A 48, Faculty of Management and Economics, Gdansk University of Technology.
- Yuti Ariani Fatimah & Saurabh Arora, 2016. "Nonhumans in the Practice of Development: Material Agency and Friction in a Small-Scale Energy Program in Indonesia," SPRU Working Paper Series 2016-04, SPRU - Science Policy Research Unit, University of Sussex Business School.
- Enrique Gilles & Marcel Vaillant, 2016. "Incorporation of services in Natural Resource-Intensive goods: description and measurement," Documentos de Trabajo EAN 015163, Universidad EAN.
More about this item
Keywordsstructural change; growth; development; productivity; Kaldor;
- L16 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Industrial Organization and Macroeconomics; Macroeconomic Industrial Structure
- O14 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Industrialization; Manufacturing and Service Industries; Choice of Technology
- O47 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Empirical Studies of Economic Growth; Aggregate Productivity; Cross-Country Output Convergence
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-DEV-2015-12-01 (Development)
- NEP-EFF-2015-12-01 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-PKE-2015-12-01 (Post Keynesian Economics)
- NEP-SEA-2015-12-01 (South East Asia)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sru:ssewps:2015-32. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (University of Sussex Business School Communications Team). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/spessuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.