Manufacturing, Services and Premature De-Industrialisation in Developing Countries: A Kaldorian Empirical Analysis
This paper uses a Kaldorian framework to examine the evidence of deindustrialisation in developing countries at low levels of income, the jobless growth in these economies and the fast expansion of the informal sector. The questions are specifically examined for the Indian economy using state level data, but the analysis has a wider application for economic policy in developing countries.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ute Pieper, 2003. "Sectoral regularities of productivity growth in developing countries--a Kaldorian interpretation," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 27(6), pages 831-850, November.
- Pesaran, M. Hashem & Smith, Ron, 1995.
"Estimating long-run relationships from dynamic heterogeneous panels,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 79-113, July.
- Pesaran, M.H. & Smith, R., 1992. "Estimating Long-Run Relationships From Dynamic Heterogeneous Panels," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 9215, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Ajit Singh, 2008. "The Past, Present and Future of Industrial Policy in India: Adapting to the Changing Domestic and International Environment," Working Papers wp376, Centre for Business Research, University of Cambridge.
- Robert Rowthorn & Ken Coutts, 2004. "De-industrialisation and the balance of payments in advanced economies," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 28(5), pages 767-790, September.
- Robert Rowthorn & Ken Coutts, 2004. "De-Industrialization And The Blance Of Payments In Advanced Economies," UNCTAD Discussion Papers 170, United Nations Conference on Trade and Development.
- A. P. Thirlwall, 2002. "The Nature of Economic Growth," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 2579.
- S.M. Shafaeddin, 2005. "Trade Liberalization And Economic Reform In Developing Countries: Structural Change Or De-Industrialization?," UNCTAD Discussion Papers 179, United Nations Conference on Trade and Development.
- Ajit Singh & Sukti Dasgupta, 2005. "Will services be the new engine of economic growth in India?," Working Papers wp310, Centre for Business Research, University of Cambridge.
- Ajit Singh & Sukti Dasgupta, 2016. "Will Services be the New Engine of Economic Growth in India?," Working Papers id:11176, eSocialSciences.
- Alice H. Amsden & Wan-wen Chu, 2003. "Beyond Late Development: Taiwan's Upgrading Policies," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262011980, July.
- Singh, Ajit, 1977. "UK Industry and the World Economy: A Case of De-industrialisation?," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 1(2), pages 113-136, June. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)