The integration of China and India into the world economy: a comparison
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- GAULIER, Guillaume & LEMOINE, Francoise & UNAL-KESENCI, Deniz, 2007.
"China's emergence and the reorganisation of trade flows in Asia,"
China Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 209-243.
- Guillaume Gaulier & Françoise Lemoine & Deniz Ünal, 2006. "China’s Emergence and the Reorganisation of Trade Flows in Asia," Working Papers 2006-05, CEPII research center.
- Lionel Fontagné & Guillaume Gaulier & Soledad Zignago, 2008.
"Specialization across varieties and North-South competition,"
CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 23, pages 51-91, January.
- Lionel Fontagné & Guillaume Gaulier & Soledad Zignago, 2007. "Specialisation across Varieties within Products and North-South Competition," Working Papers 2007-06, CEPII research center.
- Lionel Fontagné & Guillaume Gaulier & Soledad Zignago, 2008. "Specialization across varieties and North-South competition," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-00270494, HAL.
- Kochhar, Kalpana & Kumar, Utsav & Rajan, Raghuram & Subramanian, Arvind & Tokatlidis, Ioannis, 2006.
"India's pattern of development: What happened, what follows?,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 53(5), pages 981-1019, July.
- Kalpana Kochhar & Utsav Kumar & Raghuram Rajan & Arvind Subramanian, 2006. "India's Patterns of Development: What Happened, What Follows," NBER Working Papers 12023, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Arvind Subramanian & Raghuram Rajan & Ioannis Tokatlidis & Kalpana Kochhar & Utsav Kumar, 2006. "India's Pattern of Development; What Happened, What Follows?," IMF Working Papers 06/22, International Monetary Fund.
- Sean Dougherty & Richard Herd & Thomas Chalaux & Abdul Erumban, 2008. "India's Growth Pattern and Obstacles to Higher Growth," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 623, OECD Publishing.
- Jérôme Héricourt & Sandra Poncet, 2007.
"FDI and credit constraints : firm level evidence in China,"
Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne
bla07009, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
- Jérôme Héricourt & Sandra Poncet, 2007. "FDI and credit constraints : firm level evidence in China," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00144621, HAL.
- Jérôme Héricourt, 2007. "FDI and Credit Constraints: Firm Level Evidence in China," Working Papers 2007-11, CEPII research center.
- Françoise Lemoine & Deniz Ünal-Kesenci, 2007. "China and India in International Trade: from Laggards to Leaders?," Working Papers 2007-19, CEPII research center.
- Françoise Lemoine & Sophie Chauvin, 2005. "L’économie indienne : changements structurels et perspectives à long-terme," Working Papers 2005-04, CEPII research center.
- Michele Alessandrini & Bassam Fattouh & Pasquale Scaramozzino, 2007. "The changing pattern of foreign trade specialization in Indian manufacturing," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 23(2), pages 270-291, Summer.
- Sukti Dasgupta & Ajit Singh, 2006. "Manufacturing, Services and Premature De-Industrialisation in Developing Countries: A Kaldorian Empirical Analysis," Working Papers wp327, Centre for Business Research, University of Cambridge.
- Cécile Denis & Kieran Mc Morrow & Werner Röger, 2006. "Globalisation : trends, issues and macro implications for the EU," European Economy - Economic Papers 2008 - 2015 254, Directorate General Economic and Financial Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Poonam Gupta & James P. F. Gordon, 2004. "Understanding India’s Services Revolution," IMF Working Papers 04/171, International Monetary Fund.
- Betina Dimaranan & Elena Ianchovichina & Will Martin, 2009.
"How will growth in China and India affect the world economy?,"
Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv),
Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 145(3), pages 551-571, October.
- Dimaranan, Betina & Ianchovichina, Elena & Martin, William J., 2007. "China, India, and the future of the world economy : fierce competition or shared growth?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4304, The World Bank.
- Guillaume Gaulier & Françoise Lemoine & Deniz Ünal-Kesenci, 2005. "China’s Integration in East Asia: Production Sharing, FDI & High-Tech Trade," Working Papers 2005-09, CEPII research center.
- Ajit Singh & Sukti Dasgupta, 2005.
"Will services be the new engine of economic growth in India?,"
wp310, Centre for Business Research, University of Cambridge.
- Ajit Singh & Sukti Dasgupta, 2016. "Will Services be the New Engine of Economic Growth in India?," Working Papers id:11176, eSocialSciences.
- L. Alan Winters & Shahid Yusuf, 2007. "Dancing with the Giants: China, India, and the Global Economy," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6632.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Françoise Lemoine, 2010. "Past Successes and New Challenges: China's Foreign Trade at a Turning Point," China & World Economy, Institute of World Economics and Politics, Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, vol. 18(3), pages 1-23.
- Robert Kappel, 2010. "On the Economics of Regional Powers: Comparing China, India, Brazil, and South Africa," GIGA Working Paper Series 145, GIGA German Institute of Global and Area Studies.
- Heshmati, Almas & Kumbhakar, Subal C., 2010.
"Technical Change and Total Factor Productivity Growth: The Case of Chinese Provinces,"
IZA Discussion Papers
4784, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Almas Heshmati & Subal C. Kumbhakar, 2010. "Technical Change and Total Factor Productivity Growth: The Case of Chinese Provinces," TEMEP Discussion Papers 201054, Seoul National University; Technology Management, Economics, and Policy Program (TEMEP), revised Feb 2010.
- repec:uto:dipeco:201432 is not listed on IDEAS
- Françoise Lemoine, 2013. "From foreign trade to international investment: a new step in China’s integration with the world economy," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 46(1), pages 25-43, March.
- Christian Elleby & Wusheng Yu & Qian Yu, 2018. "The Chinese Export Displacement Effect Revisited," IFRO Working Paper 2018/02, University of Copenhagen, Department of Food and Resource Economics.
- Vittorio Valli & Donatella Saccone, 2015. "Structural Change, Globalization and Economic Growth in China and India," European Journal of Comparative Economics, Cattaneo University (LIUC), vol. 12(2), pages 133-163, December.
- Robert Kappel, 2010. "Verschiebung der globalen Machtverhältnisse durch den Aufstieg von Regionalen Führungsmächten: China, Indien, Brasilien und Südafrika," GIGA Working Paper Series 146, GIGA German Institute of Global and Area Studies.
- Enrico Marelli & Marcello Signorelli, 2011. "China and India: Openness, Trade and Effects on Economic Growth," European Journal of Comparative Economics, Cattaneo University (LIUC), vol. 8(1), pages 129-154, June.
- Amighini, Alessia A., 2012. "China and India in the international fragmentation of automobile production," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 325-341.
- Beretta, Silvio & Targetti Lenti, Renata, 2011. "“India in the Outsourcing/Offshoring Process: A Western Perspective” - L’India nel processo di outsourcing/offshoring: un punto di vista occidentale," Economia Internazionale / International Economics, Camera di Commercio Industria Artigianato Agricoltura di Genova, vol. 64(3), pages 269-296.
More about this item
KeywordsChina; India; foreign trade; technology;
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
- F15 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Economic Integration
- O33 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Technological Change: Choices and Consequences; Diffusion Processes
- O53 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Asia including Middle East
- O57 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Comparative Studies of Countries
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:liu:liucej:v:6:y:2009:i:1:p:131-155. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Piero Cavaleri). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/liuccit.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.