La Chine : Prochain Leader Economique De L’Asie Orientale ?
Despite China’s growing importance in international economic relations, it cannot be considered yet as the economic leader of East Asia. Its dynamism should be relativized by its development level: China remains a country that lags behind its neighbour, Japan, whose role in this area is still considerable. If China has changed the regional division of work by becoming the export platform to third countries, a gravity model analysing the bilateral trade flows of East Asian countries highlights that China’s participation in it corresponds at best to its economic size.
Volume (Year): 28 (2008)
Issue (Month): ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://regionetdeveloppement.org/|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Laszlo Matyas, 1997. "Proper Econometric Specification of the Gravity Model," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 20(3), pages 363-368, 05.
- Guillaume Gaulier & Françoise Lemoine & Deniz Ünal-Kesenci, 2005. "China’s Integration in East Asia: Production Sharing, FDI & High-Tech Trade," Working Papers 2005-09, CEPII research center.
- Bertrand Blancheton, 2004. "Ouverture commerciale, croissance et développement : malentendus et ambiguïtés des débats", "Le concept de développement en débat"," Post-Print hal-00245986, HAL.
- Peter Egger & Michael Pfaffermayr, 2003. "The proper panel econometric specification of the gravity equation: A three-way model with bilateral interaction effects," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 28(3), pages 571-580, July.
- Michael Ehrmann & Leonardo Gambacorta & Jorge Martínez-Pagés & Patrick Sevestre & Andreas Worms, 2001.
"Financial Systems and the Role of Banks in Monetary Policy Transmission in the Euro Area,"
0118, Banco de España;Working Papers Homepage.
- Sevestre, Patrick & Martinez-Pages, Jorge & Gambacorta, Leonardo & Ehrmann, Michael & Worms, Andreas, 2001. "Financial systems and the role of banks in monetary policy transmission in the euro area," Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies 2001,18, Deutsche Bundesbank, Research Centre.
- Ehrmann, Michael & Gambacorta, Leonardo & Martinéz Pagés, Jorge & Sevestre, Patrick & Worms, Andreas, 2001. "Financial systems and the role of banks in monetary policy transmission in the euro area," Working Paper Series 0105, European Central Bank.
- Michael Ehrmann & Leonardo Gambacorta & Jorge Martï¿½nez-Pagï¿½s & Patrick Sevestre & Andreas Worms, 2001. "Fynancial Systems and the Role of Banks in Monetary Policy Transmission in the Euro area," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 432, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- James E. Anderson & Eric van Wincoop, 2001.
"Gravity with Gravitas: A Solution to the Border Puzzle,"
NBER Working Papers
8079, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James E. Anderson & Eric van Wincoop, 2003. "Gravity with Gravitas: A Solution to the Border Puzzle," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 93(1), pages 170-192, March.
- James E. Anderson & Eric van Wincoop, 2000. "Gravity with Gravitas: A Solution to the Border Puzzle," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 485, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Prema-Chandra Athukorala, 2008. "China's integration into global production networks and its implications for export-led growth strategy in other countries in the region," Departmental Working Papers 2008-04, The Australian National University, Arndt-Corden Department of Economics.
- Soledad Zignago & Thierry Mayer, 2005.
"Market Access in Global and Regional Trade,"
Sciences Po publications
2005-02, Sciences Po.
- de Sousa, J. & Mayer, T. & Zignago, S., 2011. "Market access in global and regional trade," Working papers 358, Banque de France.
- De Sousa, José & Mayer, Thierry & Zignago, Soledad, 2012. "Market Access in Global and Regional Trade," CEPREMAP Working Papers (Docweb) 1201, CEPREMAP.
- Thierry Mayer & Soledad Zignago, 2005. "Market Access in Global and Regional Trade," Working Papers 2005-02, CEPII research center.
- de Sousa, José & Mayer, Thierry & Zignago, Soledad, 2012. "Market Access in Global and Regional Trade," CEPR Discussion Papers 9085, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- De Sousa, Jose & Mayer, Thierry & Zignago, Soledad, 2011. "Market access in global and regional trade," MPRA Paper 35602, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Soloaga, Isidro & Alan Wintersb, L., 2001.
"Regionalism in the nineties: what effect on trade?,"
The North American Journal of Economics and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 1-29, March.
- Soloaga, Isidro & Winters, L. Alan, 1999. "Regionalism in the Nineties: What Effect on Trade?," CEPR Discussion Papers 2183, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Souleymane COULIBALY, 2006. "Evaluating the Trade and Welfare Effects of Developing RTAs," Cahiers de Recherches Economiques du Département d'Econométrie et d'Economie politique (DEEP) 06.03, Université de Lausanne, Faculté des HEC, DEEP.
- I-Hui Cheng & Howard J. Wall, 2004.
"Controlling for heterogeneity in gravity models of trade and integration,"
1999-010, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- I-Hui Cheng & Howard J. Wall, 2005. "Controlling for heterogeneity in gravity models of trade and integration," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Jan, pages 49-63.
- Guillaume Gaulier & Françoise Lemoine & Deniz Ünal, 2006.
"China’s Emergence and the Reorganisation of Trade Flows in Asia,"
2006-05, CEPII research center.
- GAULIER, Guillaume & LEMOINE, Francoise & UNAL-KESENCI, Deniz, 2007. "China's emergence and the reorganisation of trade flows in Asia," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 209-243.
- Françoise Lemoine & Deniz Ünal-Kesenci, 2002. "China in the International Segmentation of Production Processes," Working Papers 2002-02, CEPII research center.
- Maurice Catin & Christophe Van Huffel, 2004. "Ouverture économique et inégalités régionales de développement en Chine : le rôle des institutions," Mondes en développement, De Boeck Université, vol. 128(4), pages 7-23.
- Guillaume Gaulier & Sébastien Jean & Deniz Ünal-Kesenci, 2004. "Regionalism and the Regionalisation of International Trade," Working Papers 2004-16, CEPII research center.
- Jugurnath, Bhavish & Stewart, Mark & Brooks, Robert, 2007. "Asia/Pacific Regional Trade Agreements: An empirical study," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(6), pages 974-987, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tou:journl:v:28:y:2008:p:151-180. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christophe Van Huffel)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.