Can Free Trade Guarantee Gains from Trade?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Giovanni Maggi & Andrés Rodríguez-Clare, 2007.
"A Political-Economy Theory of Trade Agreements,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 97(4), pages 1374-1406, September.
- Maggi, Giovanni & Rodriguez-Clare, Andres, 2005. "A Political-Economy Theory of Trade Agreements," CEPR Discussion Papers 5321, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Giovanni Maggi & Andres Rodriguez-Clare, 2005. "A Political-Economy Theory of Trade Agreements," NBER Working Papers 11716, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mesquita Moreira, Mauricio, 2007.
"Fear of China: Is There a Future for Manufacturing in Latin America?,"
Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 355-376, March.
- Mauricio Mesquita Moreira, 2004. "Fear of China: Is there a future for manufacturing in Latin America?," Development and Comp Systems 0412008, EconWPA.
- Mauricio Mesquita Moreira, 2006. "Fear of China : is there a future for manufacturing in Latin America ?," INTAL Working Papers 1278, Inter-American Development Bank, INTAL.
- Mauricio Mesquita Moreira, 2004. "Fear of China: Is There a Future for Manufacturing in Latin America?," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 3434, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Moreno Brid, Juan Carlos & Rivas Valdivia, Juan Carlos & Santamaría, Jesús, 2005. "Mexico: economic growth, exports and industrial performance after NAFTA," Estudios y Perspectivas – Sede Subregional de la CEPAL en México 42, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL).
- Baybars Karacaovali, 2011.
"Productivity Matters For Trade Policy: Theory And Evidence,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 52(1), pages 33-62, February.
- Karacaovali, Baybars, 2006. "Productivity matters for trade policy : theory and evidence," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3925, The World Bank.
- Baybars Karacaovali, 2008. "Productivity Matters for Trade Policy: Theory and Evidence," Fordham Economics Discussion Paper Series dp2008-14, Fordham University, Department of Economics.
- Lee Branstetter & Nicholas Lardy, 2006. "China's Embrace of Globalization," NBER Working Papers 12373, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pennelope Pacheco-Lopez & Anthony P. Thirlwall, 2004.
"Trade liberalisation in Mexico: rhetoric and reality,"
Banca Nazionale del Lavoro Quarterly Review,
Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 57(229), pages 141-167.
- Pennelope Pacheco-Lopez & Anthony P. Thirlwall, 2004. "Trade liberalisation in Mexico: rhetoric and reality," BNL Quarterly Review, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 57(229), pages 141-167.
- Penelope Pacheco-López & A.P. Thirlwall, 2004. "Trade Liberalisation in Mexico: Rhetoric and Reality," Studies in Economics 0403, School of Economics, University of Kent.
- A. P. Thirlwall, 2003. "Trade, the Balance of Payments and Exchange Rate Policy in Developing Countries," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 2957, April.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E., 2003. "Whither reform? Towards a new agenda for Latin America," Revista CEPAL, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL), August.
- Anthony P. Thirlwall, 2011.
"Balance of payments constrained growth models: history and overview,"
PSL Quarterly Review,
Economia civile, vol. 64(259), pages 307-351.
- A. P. Thirlwall, 2011. "Balance of Payments Constrained Growth Models: History and Overview," Studies in Economics 1111, School of Economics, University of Kent.
- José Gabriel Palma, 2005. "The seven main "stylized facts" of the Mexican economy since trade liberalization and NAFTA," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 14(6), pages 941-991, December.
- Eswar S Prasad, 2004. "China's Growth and Integration into the World Economy; Prospects and Challenges," IMF Occasional Papers 232, International Monetary Fund.
- Giles, John & Park, Albert & Zhang, Juwei, 2005. "What is China's true unemployment rate?," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 149-170.
- Robert Rowthorn & Ramana Ramaswamy, 1999. "Growth, Trade, and Deindustrialization," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 46(1), pages 1-2.
- F. Gerard Adams & Byron Gangnes & Yochanan Shachmurove, 2006.
"Why is China so Competitive? Measuring and Explaining China's Competitiveness,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(2), pages 95-122, February.
- F. Gerard Adams & Byron Gangnes & Yochanan Shachmurove, 2004. "Why Is China So Competitive? Measuring and Explaining China’s Competitiveness," Working Papers 07-2004, Singapore Management University, School of Economics.
- F. Gerard Adams & Byron Gangnes & Yochanan Shachmurove, 2004. "Why Is China So Competitive? Measuring and Explaining China’s Competitiveness," Working Papers 200406, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Economics.
- A. P. Thirlwall, 2001. "The Relation between the Warranted Growth Rate, the Natural Rate, and the Balance of Payments Equilibrium Growth Rate," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 24(1), pages 81-88, September.
- Peter K. Schott, 2008. "The relative sophistication of Chinese exports," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 23, pages 5-49, January.
- S.M. Shafaeddin, 2005. "Trade Liberalization And Economic Reform In Developing Countries: Structural Change Or De-Industrialization?," UNCTAD Discussion Papers 179, United Nations Conference on Trade and Development.
- Dasgupta, Sukti & Singh, Ajit, 2006. "Manufacturing, Services and Premature Deindustrialization in Developing Countries: A Kaldorian Analysis," WIDER Working Paper Series 049, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Egger, Peter & Larch, Mario & Pfaffermayr, Michael, 2007.
"On the welfare effects of trade and investment liberalization,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 51(3), pages 669-694, April.
- EGGER Peter & LARCH Mario & PFAFFERMAYR Michael, "undated". "On the Welfare Effects of Trade and Investment Liberalization," EcoMod2003 330700047, EcoMod.
- Geske Dijkstra, A., 2000. "Trade Liberalization and Industrial Development in Latin America," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(9), pages 1567-1582, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hasan, Arsalan, 2010. "Costs and benefits of trade liberalization," MPRA Paper 25657, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Muhammad Arshad Khan & Ayaz Ahmed, 2012. "Modelling Trade, Investment, Growth and Liberalisation: Case Study of Pakistan," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 51(4), pages 187-208.
- Hadili, Abduraawf & Raab, Roman & Wenzelburger, Jan, 2016. "Trade Liberalization in Arab Maghreb Union Countries," MPRA Paper 71123, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
Keywordsfree trade; trade gains; industrialization; government intervention; China; Mexico;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:unu:wpaper:rp2008-97. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mauricio Roa Grisales). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/widerfi.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.