Can Free Trade Guarantee Gains from Trade?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Giles, John & Park, Albert & Zhang, Juwei, 2005. "What is China's true unemployment rate?," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 149-170.
- Robert Rowthorn & Ramana Ramaswamy, 1999. "Growth, Trade, and Deindustrialization," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 46(1), pages 1-2.
- Mesquita Moreira, Mauricio, 2007.
"Fear of China: Is There a Future for Manufacturing in Latin America?,"
Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 355-376, March.
- Mauricio Mesquita Moreira, 2004. "Fear of China: Is there a future for manufacturing in Latin America?," Development and Comp Systems 0412008, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mauricio Mesquita Moreira, 2006. "Fear of China : is there a future for manufacturing in Latin America ?," INTAL Working Papers 1278, Inter-American Development Bank, INTAL.
- Mauricio Mesquita Moreira, 2004. "Fear of China: Is There a Future for Manufacturing in Latin America?," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 3434, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Giovanni Maggi & Andrés Rodríguez-Clare, 2007.
"A Political-Economy Theory of Trade Agreements,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 97(4), pages 1374-1406, September.
- Maggi, Giovanni & Rodriguez-Clare, Andres, 2005. "A Political-Economy Theory of Trade Agreements," CEPR Discussion Papers 5321, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Giovanni Maggi & Andres Rodriguez-Clare, 2005. "A Political-Economy Theory of Trade Agreements," NBER Working Papers 11716, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- F. Gerard Adams & Byron Gangnes & Yochanan Shachmurove, 2006.
"Why is China so Competitive? Measuring and Explaining China's Competitiveness,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(2), pages 95-122, February.
- F. Gerard Adams & Byron Gangnes & Yochanan Shachmurove, 2004. "Why Is China So Competitive? Measuring and Explaining China’s Competitiveness," Working Papers 07-2004, Singapore Management University, School of Economics.
- F. Gerard Adams & Byron Gangnes & Yochanan Shachmurove, 2004. "Why Is China So Competitive? Measuring and Explaining China’s Competitiveness," Working Papers 200406, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Economics.
- Anthony P. Thirlwall, 2011.
"Balance of payments constrained growth models: history and overview,"
PSL Quarterly Review,
Economia civile, vol. 64(259), pages 307-351.
- A. P. Thirlwall, 2011. "Balance of Payments Constrained Growth Models: History and Overview," Studies in Economics 1111, School of Economics, University of Kent.
- A. P. Thirlwall, 2001. "The Relation between the Warranted Growth Rate, the Natural Rate, and the Balance of Payments Equilibrium Growth Rate," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 24(1), pages 81-88, September.
- Peter K. Schott, 2008. "The relative sophistication of Chinese exports," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 23, pages 5-49, January.
- Baybars Karacaovali, 2011.
"Productivity Matters For Trade Policy: Theory And Evidence,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 52(1), pages 33-62, February.
- Karacaovali, Baybars, 2006. "Productivity matters for trade policy : theory and evidence," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3925, The World Bank.
- Baybars Karacaovali, 2008. "Productivity Matters for Trade Policy: Theory and Evidence," Fordham Economics Discussion Paper Series dp2008-14, Fordham University, Department of Economics.
- Moreno Brid, Juan Carlos & Rivas Valdivia, Juan Carlos & Santamaría, Jesús, 2005. "Mexico: economic growth, exports and industrial performance after NAFTA," Estudios y Perspectivas – Sede Subregional de la CEPAL en México 42, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL).
- S.M. Shafaeddin, 2005. "Trade Liberalization And Economic Reform In Developing Countries: Structural Change Or De-Industrialization?," UNCTAD Discussion Papers 179, United Nations Conference on Trade and Development.
- Dasgupta, Sukti & Singh, Ajit, 2006. "Manufacturing, Services and Premature Deindustrialization in Developing Countries: A Kaldorian Analysis," WIDER Working Paper Series 049, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Lee Branstetter & Nicholas Lardy, 2006. "China's Embrace of Globalization," NBER Working Papers 12373, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pennelope Pacheco-Lopez & Anthony P. Thirlwall, 2004.
"Trade liberalisation in Mexico: rhetoric and reality,"
Banca Nazionale del Lavoro Quarterly Review,
Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 57(229), pages 141-167.
- Pennelope Pacheco-Lopez & Anthony P. Thirlwall, 2004. "Trade liberalisation in Mexico: rhetoric and reality," BNL Quarterly Review, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 57(229), pages 141-167.
- Penelope Pacheco-López & A.P. Thirlwall, 2004. "Trade Liberalisation in Mexico: Rhetoric and Reality," Studies in Economics 0403, School of Economics, University of Kent.
- A. P. Thirlwall, 2003. "Trade, the Balance of Payments and Exchange Rate Policy in Developing Countries," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 2957.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E., 2003. "Whither reform? Towards a new agenda for Latin America," Revista CEPAL, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL), August.
- Egger, Peter & Larch, Mario & Pfaffermayr, Michael, 2007.
"On the welfare effects of trade and investment liberalization,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 51(3), pages 669-694, April.
- EGGER Peter & LARCH Mario & PFAFFERMAYR Michael, "undated". "On the Welfare Effects of Trade and Investment Liberalization," EcoMod2003 330700047, EcoMod.
- José Gabriel Palma, 2005. "The seven main "stylized facts" of the Mexican economy since trade liberalization and NAFTA," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 14(6), pages 941-991, December.
- Geske Dijkstra, A., 2000. "Trade Liberalization and Industrial Development in Latin America," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(9), pages 1567-1582, September.
- Eswar S Prasad, 2004. "China's Growth and Integration into the World Economy; Prospects and Challenges," IMF Occasional Papers 232, International Monetary Fund.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hasan, Arsalan, 2010. "Costs and benefits of trade liberalization," MPRA Paper 25657, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Muhammad Arshad Khan & Ayaz Ahmed, 2012. "Modelling Trade, Investment, Growth and Liberalisation: Case Study of Pakistan," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 51(4), pages 187-208.
- Hadili, Abduraawf & Raab, Roman & Wenzelburger, Jan, 2016. "Trade Liberalization in Arab Maghreb Union Countries," MPRA Paper 71123, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
Keywordsfree trade; trade gains; industrialization; government intervention; China; Mexico;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:unu:wpaper:rp2008-97. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mauricio Roa Grisales). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/widerfi.html .