Trade Liberalization and Industrial Development in Latin America
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- C. Pietrobelli, 1994.
"Trade liberalisation and industrial response: the case of Chile (1974-1987),"
BNL Quarterly Review,
Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 47(191), pages 431-468.
- C. Pietrobelli, 1994. "Trade liberalisation and industrial response: the case of Chile (1974-1987)," Banca Nazionale del Lavoro Quarterly Review, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 47(191), pages 431-468.
- Buitelaar, Rudolf & Van Dijck, Pitou, 1997. "Manufactured exports from small Latin American economies: the challenges ahead," Revista CEPAL, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL), April.
- Ocampo, Jose Antonio & Taylor, Lance, 1998.
"Trade Liberalisation in Developing Economies: Modest Benefits but Problems with Productivity Growth, Macro Prices, and Income Distribution,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 108(450), pages 1523-1546, September.
- José Antonio Ocampo & Lance Taylor, 1998. "Trade Liberalization in Developing Economies: Modest Benefits but Problems with Productivity Growth, Macro Prices, and Income Distribution," SCEPA working paper series. SCEPA's main areas of research are macroeconomic policy, inequality and poverty, and globalization. 1998-05, Schwartz Center for Economic Policy Analysis (SCEPA), The New School.
- Lall, Sanjaya, 1995. "Structural adjustment and African industry," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(12), pages 2019-2031, December.
- Kaplinsky, Raphael, 1993. "Export Processing Zones in the Dominican Republic: Transforming manufactures into commodities," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 21(11), pages 1851-1865, November.
- Tybout, James & de Melo, Jamie & Corbo, Vittorio, 1991.
"The effects of trade reforms on scale and technical efficiency : New evidence from Chile,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(3-4), pages 231-250, November.
- Tybout, James & de Melo, Jaime & Corbo, Vittorio, 1990. "The effects of trade reforms on scale and technical efficiency : new evidence from Chile," Policy Research Working Paper Series 481, The World Bank.
- Carvalho, Ruy de Quadros & Costa, Ionara & Consoni, Flávia Luciane & Costa, Janaína Pamplona da & Queiroz, Sérgio Robles Reis de, 1997. "Trade openness and structural change in the Brazilian motor industry," Revista CEPAL, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL), December.
- Richard M. Auty & Rhys Jenkins, 1995. "Does trade liberalization lead to productivity increases? A case study of Bolivian manufacturing," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 7(4), pages 577-597, July.
- Moreira, Mauricio Mesquita & Correa, Paulo Guilherme, 1998. "A first look at the impacts of trade liberalization on Brazilian manufacturing industry," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(10), pages 1859-1874, October.
- Krueger, Anne O, 1998. "Why Trade Liberalisation Is Good for Growth," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 108(450), pages 1513-1522, September.
- John Weiss, 1992. "Trade liberalization in Mexico in the 1980s: Concepts, measures and short-run effects," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 128(4), pages 711-726, December.
- Dijkstra, A. Geske, 1996. "The impact of structural adjustment programs on manufacturing: Lessons from Nicaragua," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 535-547, March.
- Agosin, Manuel R. & Ffrench-Davis, Ricardo, 1993. "Trade liberalization in Latin America," Revista CEPAL, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL), August.
- Rodrik, Rani, 1995. "Trade and industrial policy reform," Handbook of Development Economics,in: Hollis Chenery & T.N. Srinivasan (ed.), Handbook of Development Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 45, pages 2925-2982 Elsevier.
- G. K. Helleiner, 1996. "Why Small Countries Worry: Neglected Issues in Current Analyses of the Benefits and Costs for Small Countries of Integrating with Large Ones," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 19(6), pages 759-764, November.
- Greenaway, David & Morgan, Wyn & Wright, Peter W, 1998. "Trade Reform, Adjustment and Growth: What Does the Evidence Tell Us?," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 108(450), pages 1547-1561, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Oetzel, Jennifer M. & Banerjee, Sudeshna Ghosh, 2008. "A case of the tortoise versus the hare? Deregulation process, timing, and firm performance in emerging markets," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 54-77, February.
- Fullerton, Thomas M., Jr. & Sawyer, W. Charles & Sprinkle, Richard L., 2010.
"Intra-industry trade in Latin America and the Caribbean,"
34854, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2011.
- Thomas Fullerton & W. Charles Sawyer & Richard Sprinkle, 2011. "Intra-Industry Trade in Latin America and the Caribbean," Working Papers 201103, Texas Christian University, Department of Economics.
- S.M. Shafaeddin, 2005. "Trade Liberalization And Economic Reform In Developing Countries: Structural Change Or De-Industrialization?," UNCTAD Discussion Papers 179, United Nations Conference on Trade and Development.
- Cruz, Moritz, 2008. "Can Free Trade Guarantee Gains from Trade?," WIDER Working Paper Series 097, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Thierry Deffarges, 2002. "Nouveau régime commercial et inégalités salariales en Amérique latine," Revue Tiers Monde, Programme National Persée, vol. 43(169), pages 113-136.
- Victor Kummritz, 2015. "Global Value Chains: Benefiting the Domestic Economy?," IHEID Working Papers 02-2015, Economics Section, The Graduate Institute of International Studies.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:28:y:2000:i:9:p:1567-1582. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.