A first look at the impacts of trade liberalization on Brazilian manufacturing industry
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Garcia, Marcio G. P. & Barcinski, Alexandre, 1998.
"Capital Flows to Brazil in the Nineties: Macroeconomic Aspects and the Effectiveness of Capital Controls,"
The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 38(3, Part 1), pages 319-357.
- Marcio G. P. Garcia & Alexandre Barcinski, 1996. "Capital flows to Brazil in the nineties: Macroeconomic aspects and the effectiveness of capital controls," Textos para discussão 357, Department of Economics PUC-Rio (Brazil).
- Jeffrey D. Sachs, 1987. "Trade and Exchange Rate Policies in Growth-Oriented Adjustment Programs," NBER Working Papers 2226, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Figueiredo, Paulo N., 2008. "Industrial Policy Changes and Firm-Level Technological Capability Development: Evidence from Northern Brazil," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 55-88, January.
- Berhanu Abegaz & Arnab K. Basu, 2011. "The Elusive Productivity Effect of Trade Liberalization in the Manufacturing Industries of Emerging Economies," Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(1), pages 5-27, January.
- Krishna, Pravin & Poole, Jennifer P. & Senses, Mine Zeynep, 2014.
"Wage Effects of Trade Reform with Endogenous Worker Mobility,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 93(2), pages 239-252.
- Pravin Krishna & Jennifer P. Poole & Mine Zeynep Senses, 2011. "Wage Effects of Trade Reform with Endogenous Worker Mobility," NBER Working Papers 17256, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Eduardo Pontual Ribeiro & Carlos H. Corseuil & Daniel Santos & Paulo Furtado & Brunu Amorim & Luciana Servo & André Souza, 2004.
"Trade Liberalization, The Exchange Rate And Job And Worker Flows In Brazil,"
Anais do XXXII Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 32nd Brazilian Economics Meeting]
153, ANPEC - AssociaÃ§Ã£o Nacional dos Centros de PÃ³s-GraduaÃ§Ã£o em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Eduardo Pontual Ribeiro & Carlos H. Corseuil, 2004. "Trade Liberalization, the Exchange Rate and Job and Worker Flows in Brazil," Econometric Society 2004 Latin American Meetings 296, Econometric Society.
- Shafaeddin, Mehdi, 2006. "Does trade openness helps or hinders industrialization?," MPRA Paper 4371, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- André Nassif & Carmem Feijó & Eliane Araújo, 2015.
"Structural change and economic development: is Brazil catching up or falling behind?,"
Cambridge Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 39(5), pages 1307-1332.
- André Nassif & Carmem Feijó & Eliane Araújo, 2013. "Structural Change And Economic Development: Is Brazil Catching Up Or Falling Behind?," UNCTAD Discussion Papers 211, United Nations Conference on Trade and Development.
- André Nassif & Carmem Feijó & Eliane Araújo, 2014. "Structural Change And Economicdevelopment: Is Brazil Catching Up Or Falling Behind?," Anais do XL Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 40th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 091, ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Green, Francis & Dickerson, Andy & Saba Arbache, Jorge, 2001.
"A Picture of Wage Inequality and the Allocation of Labor Through a Period of Trade Liberalization: The Case of Brazil,"
Elsevier, vol. 29(11), pages 1923-1939, November.
- Francis Green & Andy Dickerson & Jorge Saba Arbache, 2000. "A Picture of Wage Inequality and the Allocation of Labour Through a Period of Trade Liberalisation: The Case of Brazil," Studies in Economics 0013, School of Economics, University of Kent.
- World Bank, 2002. "Brazil : The New Growth Agenda, Volume 1. Policy Briefing," World Bank Other Operational Studies 15289, The World Bank.
- Franco, Eliane & Ray, Sangeeta & Ray, Pradeep Kanta, 2011. "Patterns of Innovation Practices of Multinational-affiliates in Emerging Economies: Evidences from Brazil and India," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(7), pages 1249-1260, July.
- Almeida, Rita K. & Poole, Jennifer P., 2017.
"Trade and labor reallocation with heterogeneous enforcement of labor regulations,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 126(C), pages 154-166.
- Almeida, Rita K. & Poole, Jennifer P., 2013. "Trade and Labor Reallocation with Heterogeneous Enforcement of Labor Regulations," IZA Discussion Papers 7358, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Geske Dijkstra, A., 2000. "Trade Liberalization and Industrial Development in Latin America," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(9), pages 1567-1582, September.
- Berhanu Abegaz & Arnab K. Basu, 2011.
"The Elusive Productivity Effect of Trade Liberalization in the Manufacturing Industries of Emerging Economies,"
Emerging Markets Finance and Trade,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(1), pages 5-27, January.
- Abegaz, Berhanu & Basu, Arnab K., 2010. "The Elusive Productivity Effect of Trade Liberalization in the Manufacturing Industries of Emerging Economies," Discussion Papers 94717, University of Bonn, Center for Development Research (ZEF).
- Regis Bonelli, 2015. "Labor Productivity in Brazil during the 1990s," Discussion Papers 0117, Instituto de Pesquisa Econômica Aplicada - IPEA.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:26:y:1998:i:10:p:1859-1874. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.