Industrial Policy Changes and Firm-Level Technological Capability Development: Evidence from Northern Brazil
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Tybout, James R. & Westbrook, M. Daniel, 1995. "Trade liberalization and the dimensions of efficiency change in Mexican manufacturing industries," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(1-2), pages 53-78, August.
- Rajah Rasiah & Geoffrey Gachino, 2005.
"Are Foreign Firms More Productive and Export- and Technology-intensive than Local Firms in Kenyan Manufacturing?,"
Oxford Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(2), pages 211-227.
- Rasiah, Rajah & Gachino, Geoffrey, 2004. "Are Foreign Firms More Productive, and Export and Technology Intensive, than Local Firms in Kenyan Manufacturing?," UNU-INTECH Discussion Paper Series 10, United Nations University - INTECH.
- Winter, Sidney G, 1988. "On Coase, Competence, and the Corporation," Journal of Law, Economics and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 4(1), pages 163-80, Spring.
- Sebastian Edwards, 1997.
"Openness, Productivity and Growth: What Do We Really Know?,"
NBER Working Papers
5978, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Edwards, Sebastian, 1998. "Openness, Productivity and Growth: What Do We Really Know?," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 108(447), pages 383-98, March.
- Crespi, G., 2006. "Productivity And Firm Heterogeneity In Chile," PRUS Working Papers 36, Poverty Research Unit at Sussex, University of Sussex.
- Richard R. Nelson, 2007. "The changing institutional requirements for technological and economic catch up," International Journal of Technological Learning, Innovation and Development, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 1(1), pages 4-12.
- Jorge Katz, 2004. "Market-oriented reforms, globalization and the recent transformation of Latin American innovation systems," Oxford Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(3), pages 375-387.
- Nelson, Richard R. & Pack, Howard, 1998.
"The Asian miracle and modern growth theory,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
1881, The World Bank.
- Montobbio, Fabio & Rampa, Francesco, 2005.
"The impact of technology and structural change on export performance in nine developing countries,"
Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 527-547, April.
- Montobbio Fabio & Rampa Francesco, 2002. "The impact of technology and structural change on export performance on nine developing coutries," Economics and Quantitative Methods qf0219, Department of Economics, University of Insubria.
- Roberts, M.J. & Tybout, J.R., 1990.
"Size Rationalization And Trade Exposure In Developing Countries,"
5-90-2, Pennsylvania State - Department of Economics.
- Mark J. Roberts & James R. Tybout, 1991. "Size Rationalization and Trade Exposure in Developing Countries," NBER Chapters, in: Empirical Studies of Commercial Policy, pages 169-200 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Roberts, Mark J. & Tybout, James R., 1991. "Size rationalization and trade exposure in developing countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 594, The World Bank.
- Katz, Jorge, 2000. "Structural Change and Labor Productivity Growth in Latin American Manufacturing Industries 1970-96," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(9), pages 1583-1596, September.
- Braga, Helson & Willmore, Larry, 1991. "Technological Imports and Technological Effort: An Analysis of Their Determinants in Brazilian Firms," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 39(4), pages 421-32, June.
- Hay, Donald A, 2001.
"The Post-1990 Brazilian Trade Liberalisation and the Performance of Large Manufacturing Firms: Productivity, Market Share and Profits,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 111(473), pages 620-41, July.
- Donald A. Hay, 2015. "The Post 1990 Brazilian Trade Liberalization and the Performance of Large Manufacturing Firms: Productivity, Market Share and Profits," Discussion Papers 0070, Instituto de Pesquisa Econômica Aplicada - IPEA.
- Dahlman, Carl J. & Ross-Larson, Bruce & Westphal, Larry E., 1987. "Managing technological development: Lessons from the newly industrializing countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 15(6), pages 759-775, June.
- Norlela Ariffin & Paulo Figueiredo, 2004. "Internationalization of innovative capabilities: counter-evidence from the electronics industry in Malaysia and Brazil," Oxford Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(4), pages 559-583.
- Dosi, Giovanni, 1988. "Sources, Procedures, and Microeconomic Effects of Innovation," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 26(3), pages 1120-71, September.
- Armijo, Leslie Elliott, 2005. "Mass democracy: The real reason that Brazil ended inflation?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(12), pages 2013-2027, December.
- A. Meltzer & Peter Ordeshook & Thomas Romer, 1982. "Introduction," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 39(1), pages 1-3, January.
- Reinhardt, Nola & Peres, Wilson, 2000. "Latin America's New Economic Model: Micro Responses and Economic Restructuring," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(9), pages 1543-1566, September.
- Mario Cimoli & Jorge Katz, 2003. "Structural reforms, technological gaps and economic development: a Latin American perspective," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 12(2), pages 387-411, April.
- Kannebley, Sergio Jr. & Porto, Geciane S. & Pazello, Elaine Toldo, 2005. "Characteristics of Brazilian innovative firms: An empirical analysis based on PINTEC--industrial research on technological innovation," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 872-893, August.
- Pavitt, Keith, 1984. "Sectoral patterns of technical change: Towards a taxonomy and a theory," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 13(6), pages 343-373, December.
- Costa, Ionara & de Queiroz, Sergio Robles Reis, 2002. "Foreign direct investment and technological capabilities in Brazilian industry," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(8-9), pages 1431-1443, December.
- Narula,Rajneesh, 2002. "Switching from import substitution to the ‘New Economic Model’ in Latin America: A case of not learning from Asia," Research Memorandum 042, Maastricht University, Maastricht Economic Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Moreira, Mauricio Mesquita & Correa, Paulo Guilherme, 1998. "A first look at the impacts of trade liberalization on Brazilian manufacturing industry," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(10), pages 1859-1874, October.
- Pedro Cavalcanti Ferreira & JosÈ Luiz Rossi, 2003. "New Evidence from Brazil on Trade Liberalization and Productivity Growth," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 44(4), pages 1383-1405, November.
- Lall, Sanjaya, 1992. "Technological capabilities and industrialization," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 165-186, February.
- Bell, Martin & Albu, Michael, 1999. "Knowledge Systems and Technological Dynamism in Industrial Clusters in Developing Countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(9), pages 1715-1734, September.
- Larry Westphal, 2002. "Technology Strategies For Economic Development In A Fast Changing Global Economy," Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(4-5), pages 275-320.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:36:y:2008:i:1:p:55-88. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.