Industrial Policy Changes and Firm-Level Technological Capability Development: Evidence from Northern Brazil
No abstract is available for this item.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Moreira, Mauricio Mesquita & Correa, Paulo Guilherme, 1998. "A first look at the impacts of trade liberalization on Brazilian manufacturing industry," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(10), pages 1859-1874, October.
- Nelson, Richard R. & Pack, Howard, 1998.
"The Asian miracle and modern growth theory,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
1881, The World Bank.
- Montobbio Fabio & Rampa Francesco, 2002.
"The impact of technology and structural change on export performance on nine developing coutries,"
Economics and Quantitative Methods
qf0219, Department of Economics, University of Insubria.
- Montobbio, Fabio & Rampa, Francesco, 2005. "The impact of technology and structural change on export performance in nine developing countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 527-547, April.
- Winter, Sidney G, 1988. "On Coase, Competence, and the Corporation," Journal of Law, Economics and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 4(1), pages 163-80, Spring.
- Edwards, Sebastian, 1998.
"Openness, Productivity and Growth: What Do We Really Know?,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 108(447), pages 383-98, March.
- Sebastian Edwards, 1997. "Openness, Productivity and Growth: What Do We Really Know?," NBER Working Papers 5978, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mario Cimoli & Jorge Katz, 2003. "Structural reforms, technological gaps and economic development: a Latin American perspective," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 12(2), pages 387-411, April.
- A. Meltzer & Peter Ordeshook & Thomas Romer, 1982. "Introduction," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 39(1), pages 1-3, January.
- Dosi, Giovanni, 1988. "Sources, Procedures, and Microeconomic Effects of Innovation," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 26(3), pages 1120-71, September.
- Kannebley, Sergio Jr. & Porto, Geciane S. & Pazello, Elaine Toldo, 2005. "Characteristics of Brazilian innovative firms: An empirical analysis based on PINTEC--industrial research on technological innovation," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 872-893, August.
- Rajah Rasiah & Geoffrey Gachino, 2005.
"Are Foreign Firms More Productive and Export- and Technology-intensive than Local Firms in Kenyan Manufacturing?,"
Oxford Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(2), pages 211-227.
- Rasiah, Rajah & Gachino, Geoffrey, 2004. "Are Foreign Firms More Productive, and Export and Technology Intensive, than Local Firms in Kenyan Manufacturing?," UNU-INTECH Discussion Paper Series 10, United Nations University - INTECH.
- Mark J. Roberts & James R. Tybout, 1991.
"Size Rationalization and Trade Exposure in Developing Countries,"
in: Empirical Studies of Commercial Policy, pages 169-200
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Roberts, Mark J. & Tybout, James R., 1991. "Size rationalization and trade exposure in developing countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 594, The World Bank.
- Roberts, M.J. & Tybout, J.R., 1990. "Size Rationalization And Trade Exposure In Developing Countries," Papers 5-90-2, Pennsylvania State - Department of Economics.
- Crespi, G., 2006. "Productivity And Firm Heterogeneity In Chile," PRUS Working Papers 36, Poverty Research Unit at Sussex, University of Sussex.
- Tybout, James R. & Westbrook, M. Daniel, 1995. "Trade liberalization and the dimensions of efficiency change in Mexican manufacturing industries," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(1-2), pages 53-78, August.
- Lall, Sanjaya, 1992. "Technological capabilities and industrialization," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 165-186, February.
- Katz, Jorge, 2000. "Structural Change and Labor Productivity Growth in Latin American Manufacturing Industries 1970-96," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(9), pages 1583-1596, September.
- Reinhardt, Nola & Peres, Wilson, 2000. "Latin America's New Economic Model: Micro Responses and Economic Restructuring," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(9), pages 1543-1566, September.
- Armijo, Leslie Elliott, 2005. "Mass democracy: The real reason that Brazil ended inflation?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(12), pages 2013-2027, December.
- Pedro Cavalcanti Ferreira & JosÈ Luiz Rossi, 2003. "New Evidence from Brazil on Trade Liberalization and Productivity Growth," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 44(4), pages 1383-1405, November.
- Larry Westphal, 2002. "Technology Strategies For Economic Development In A Fast Changing Global Economy," Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(4-5), pages 275-320.
- Bell, Martin & Albu, Michael, 1999. "Knowledge Systems and Technological Dynamism in Industrial Clusters in Developing Countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(9), pages 1715-1734, September.
- Jorge Katz, 2004. "Market-oriented reforms, globalization and the recent transformation of Latin American innovation systems," Oxford Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(3), pages 375-387.
- Costa, Ionara & de Queiroz, Sergio Robles Reis, 2002. "Foreign direct investment and technological capabilities in Brazilian industry," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(8-9), pages 1431-1443, December.
- Norlela Ariffin & Paulo Figueiredo, 2004. "Internationalization of innovative capabilities: counter-evidence from the electronics industry in Malaysia and Brazil," Oxford Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(4), pages 559-583.
- Dahlman, Carl J. & Ross-Larson, Bruce & Westphal, Larry E., 1987. "Managing technological development: Lessons from the newly industrializing countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 15(6), pages 759-775, June.
- Narula,Rajneesh, 2002. "Switching from import substitution to the ‘New Economic Model’ in Latin America: A case of not learning from Asia," Research Memorandum 042, Maastricht University, Maastricht Economic Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Braga, Helson & Willmore, Larry, 1991. "Technological Imports and Technological Effort: An Analysis of Their Determinants in Brazilian Firms," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 39(4), pages 421-32, June.
- Richard R. Nelson, 2007. "The changing institutional requirements for technological and economic catch up," International Journal of Technological Learning, Innovation and Development, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 1(1), pages 4-12.
- Pavitt, Keith, 1984. "Sectoral patterns of technical change: Towards a taxonomy and a theory," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 13(6), pages 343-373, December.
- Hay, Donald A, 2001. "The Post-1990 Brazilian Trade Liberalisation and the Performance of Large Manufacturing Firms: Productivity, Market Share and Profits," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 111(473), pages 620-41, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:36:y:2008:i:1:p:55-88. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.