Contact information of Elsevier
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help
correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:intman. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/601266/description#description .
2020, Volume 26, Issue 2
- S1075425317304301 Between a rock and a hard place: Internal- and external institutional fit of MNE subsidiary political strategy in contexts of institutional upheaval
by Schnyder, Gerhard & Sallai, Dorottya
- S1075425318300917 The effect of informal and formal institutions on foreign market entry selection and performance
by Fuentelsaz, Lucio & Garrido, Elisabet & Maicas, Juan P.
- S1075425318301662 Consequences of expatriate top manager replacement on foreign subsidiary performance
by Bebenroth, Ralf & Froese, Fabian J.
- S1075425318304836 Do third-party certifications work in a weak institutional environment?
by Lamin, Anna & Livanis, Grigorios
- S1075425318304976 Causal attribution for peer performance and international joint venture divestment
by Hui, Kent N. & Hult, G. Tomas M. & Ketchen, David J.
- S1075425319300249 Culture and cross-functional coopetition: The interplay of organizational and national culture
by Knein, Ernesto & Greven, Andrea & Bendig, David & Brettel, Malte
- S1075425319300729 Institutional agency by MNEs: A review and future research agenda
by Saka-Helmhout, Ayse
- S1075425319300833 Foreign language skill, anxiety, cultural intelligence and individual task performance in global virtual teams: A cognitive perspective
by Presbitero, Alfred
- S1075425319302753 Enhancing the learning advantages of newness: The role of internal social capital in the international performance of young entrepreneurial firms
by Bai, Wensong & Liu, Runqian & Zhou, Lianxi
- S107542531830200X Management research in the Arab World: What is now and what is next?
by Elbanna, Said & Abdelzaher, Dina M. & Ramadan, Nora
2020, Volume 26, Issue 1
- S1075425317302223 Crossing Cultural Boundaries Using the Internet: Toward Building a Model of Swift Trust Formation in Global Virtual Teams
by Zakaria, Norhayati & Mohd Yusof, Shafiz Affendi
- S1075425317302624 Internet and SMEs' internationalization: The role of platform and website
by Jean, Ruey-Jer “Bryan” & Kim, Daekwan
- S1075425317302727 International Digital Competence
by Cahen, Fernanda & Borini, Felipe Mendes
- S1075425317303964 Performance implications of MNE subsidiary federation: Evidence from India
by Sewak, Mayank & Sharma, Anurag
- S1075425318303156 Multinational firms' pace of expansion within host countries: How high rates of pro-market reform hamper the local exploitation of foreign expansion knowledge
by Putzhammer, Moritz & Slangen, Arjen & Puck, Jonas & Lindner, Thomas
- S1075425318303648 Overcoming blind spots in global sourcing research: Exploiting the cross-sections between supply chain management and international business
by Wieland, Andreas & Bals, Lydia & Mol, Michael J. & Handfield, Robert B.
- S1075425319300468 Role of overseas ethnic and non-ethnic ties and firm activity in the home country in the internationalization of returnee entrepreneurial firms
by Li, Haiyan
- S107542531830379X How does crisis management in China differ from the West?: A review of the literature and directions for future research
by Wang, Yijing & Laufer, Daniel
- S107542531830437X Forgotten travelers: Adjustment and career implications of international business travel for expatriates
by Dimitrova, Mihaela & Chia, Sherwin Ignatius & Shaffer, Margaret A. & Tay-Lee, Cheryl
2019, Volume 25, Issue 4
- v:25:y:2019:i:4:s107542531730491x Impact of subsidiaries' cross-border knowledge tacitness shared and social capital on MNCs' explorative and exploitative innovation capability
by Sheng, Margaret L. & Hartmann, Nathaniel N.
- v:25:y:2019:i:4:s1075425317303484 Does proactivity matter? the importance of initiative selling tactics for headquarters acceptance of subsidiary initiatives
by Gorgijevski, Alexander & Holmström Lind, Christine & Lagerström, Katarina
- v:25:y:2019:i:4:s1075425318302631 The Determinants of the Boundary-spanning Functions of Japanese Self-initiated Expatriates in Japanese Subsidiaries in China: Individual Skills and Human Resource Management
by Furusawa, Masayuki & Brewster, Chris
- v:25:y:2019:i:4:s1075425317304684 Do remittances to emerging countries improve their economic development? Understanding the contingent role of culture
by Piteli, Eleni E.N. & Buckley, Peter J. & Kafouros, Mario
- v:25:y:2019:i:4:s1075425318300413 An audit of received international business corruption literature for logic, consistency, completeness of coverage
by Kouznetsov, Alex & Kim, Sarah & Wright, Chris
- v:25:y:2019:i:4:s1075425318304939 Institutional voids, international learning effort and internationalization of emerging market new ventures
by Adomako, Samuel & Amankwah-Amoah, Joseph & Dankwah, George Obeng & Danso, Albert & Donbesuur, Francis
- v:25:y:2019:i:4:s1075425317304878 Diverse effects of diversity: Disaggregating effects of diversity in global virtual teams
by Taras, Vas & Baack, Daniel & Caprar, Dan & Dow, Douglas & Froese, Fabian & Jimenez, Alfredo & Magnusson, Peter
- v:25:y:2019:i:4:s1075425318301868 The effects of international diversification on the link between product diversification and performance in a boom and bust cycle: Evidence from Spanish firms (1994–2014)
by Zúñiga-Vicente, José Ángel & Benito-Osorio, Diana & Guerras-Martín, Luis Ángel & Colino, Alberto
- v:25:y:2019:i:4:s1075425318302539 Role of Leaders as Agents of Negotiation for Counterbalancing Cultural Dissonance in the Middle East and North Africa Region
by Karacay, Gaye & Bayraktar, Secil & Kabasakal, Hayat & Dastmalchian, Ali
2019, Volume 25, Issue 3
- 1-1 Subnational FDI Legitimacy and Foreign Subsidiary Survival
by Peng, George Z. & Beamish, Paul W.
- 1-1 Cultural Intelligence and Institutional Success: The Mediating Role of Relationship Quality
by Sharma, Revti Raman
- 1-1 Diaspora Ownership and Homeland Firms' Internationalization
by Rabbiosi, Larissa & Gregorič, Aleksandra & Stucchi, Tamara
- 1-1 Does state ownership really matter? The dynamic alignment of China's resource environment and firm internationalization strategies
by Ren, Monica & Manning, Stephan & Vavilov, Stanislav
- 1-1 A real options model of market entry: Endogenous uncertainty and exogenous uncertainty
by Sears, Joshua B.
- 1-1 Intra- and inter-regional diversification, subsidiary value chain activities and expatriate utilization
by Lee, Jong Min
- 1-1 False foe? When and how code switching practices can support knowledge sharing in multinational corporations
by Ahmad, Farhan & Barner-Rasmussen, Wilhelm
- 1-1 Geographically Dispersed Technological Capability Building and MNC Innovative Performance: The Role of Intra-firm Flows of Newly Absorbed Knowledge
by Zhang, Feng & Jiang, Guohua & Cantwell, John A.
- 1-1 Managing “forced” technology transfer in emerging markets: The case of China
by Prud'homme, Dan & von Zedtwitz, Max
2019, Volume 25, Issue 2
- 1-1 Outbound Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) Motivation and Domestic Employment by Multinational Enterprises (MNEs)
by Hong, Eunsuk & Lee, In Hyeock (Ian) & Makino, Shige
- 1-1 A Multi-country Study of Factors Influencing Expatriate Career Intentions
by Joardar, Arpita & Weisang, Guillaume
- 1-1 Isolated Foreign Subsidiary's Initiative in Knowledge Transfer Within the MNE
by Nadayama, Naoto
- 1-1 Multinational Enterprises and the Provision of Collective Goods in Developing Countries under Formal and Informal Institutional Voids. The Case of Electricity in Sub-Saharan Africa
by Garrone, Paola & Piscitello, Lucia & D'Amelio, Matilde
- 1-1 Coordination Mechanisms and Overseas Knowledge Acquisition for Chinese Suppliers: The Contingent Impact of Production Mode and Contractual Governance
by Wang, Lei & Huo, Dong & Motohashi, Kazuyuki
- 1-1 MNEs' Agency Within Institutional Contexts: A Study of Walmart's Post-acquisition Practices in Mexico, Germany, and Japan
by Tsui-Auch, Lai Si & Chow, Dawn
- 1-1 Intra-firm Subsidiary Grouping and MNC Subsidiary Performance in China
by Xu, Junqian & Huang, Dan & Pan, Yigang
- 1-1 Overcoming the Liability of Foreignness through Lobbying: an Examination of Franchise Systems
by Kline, William A. & Brown, Richard S.
2019, Volume 25, Issue 1
- 3-18 Defining and Measuring the Institutional Context of National Intellectual Property Systems in a post-TRIPS world
by Papageorgiadis, Nikolaos & McDonald, Frank
- 19-36 The Processes of New Product Development Recentralization towards a Transnational Emphasis in Multinational Corporations
by Liu, Yang
- 37-50 Subsidiary Entrepreneurship and Entrepreneurial Opportunity: An Institutional Perspective
by Clark, Kim & Ramachandran, Indu
- 51-65 Multinational Enterprises: Leveraging a Corporate International Entrepreneurship Lens for New Insights Into Subsidiary Initiatives
by Ahsan, Mujtaba & Fernhaber, Stephanie A.
- 66-80 Effects of Firm-specific and Country-specific Advantages on Relative Acquisition Size in Service Sector Cross-Border Acquisitions: An Empirical Examination
by Basuil, Dynah A. & Datta, Deepak K.
- 81-100 How Opportunistic Culture Affects Financial Performance in Outsourcing Relationships: A Meta-Analysis
by Dahlgrün, Philipp W. & Bausch, Andreas
- 101-120 An Effectual–Causal View of Managerial Decisions in the Internationalization of Indian MNEs
by Dash, Rupanwita & Ranjan, Kumar Rakesh
- 121-139 Internationalization Orientation in SMEs: The Mediating Role of Technological Innovation
by Bagheri, Mahshid & Mitchelmore, Siwan & Bamiatzi, Vassiliki & Nikolopoulos, Konstantinos
2018, Volume 24, Issue 4
- 303-316 Ownership Strategy and Foreign Affiliate Performance in Multinational Family Business Groups: A Double-edged Sword
by Chung, Hsi-Mei & Dahms, Sven
- 317-332 Subnational Institutions and Location Choice of Emerging Market Firms
by Yang, Jie
- 333-347 Regulatory Institutional Distance and MNCs' Subsidiary Performance: Climbing up Vs. Climbing Down the Institutional Ladder
by Konara, Palitha & Shirodkar, Vikrant
- 348-368 Supplier Strategies and Routines for Capability Development: Implications for Upgrading
by Sinkovics, Noemi & Hoque, Samia Ferdous & Sinkovics, Rudolf R.
- 369-385 Engaging Stakeholders Through Corporate Political Activity: Insights From MNE Nonmarket Strategy in an Emerging African Market
by Mbalyohere, Charles & Lawton, Thomas C.
- 386-403 Augmenting Local Managerial Capacity Through Knowledge Collectivities: The Case of Volvo Car China
by Yakob, Ramsin
- 404-416 Entry Timing in Foreign Markets: A Meta-analytic Review and Critique
by Dykes, Bernadine J. & Kolev, Kalin D.
2018, Volume 24, Issue 3
- 199-203 Global Crisis Management – Current Research and Future Directions
by Coombs, W. Timothy & Laufer, Daniel
- 204-214 Culture and Crisis Communication: Nestle India's Maggi Noodles Case
by Dhanesh, Ganga S. & Sriramesh, Krishnamurthy
- 215-221 The Moderating Role of Power Distance on the Reaction of Consumers to the CEO as a Spokesperson During a Product Harm Crisis: Insights From China and South Korea
by Laufer, Daniel & Garrett, Tony C. & Ning, Bo
- 222-237 Effect of Perceived Crisis Response on Consumers' Behavioral Intentions During a Company Scandal – An Intercultural Perspective
by Bowen, Melanie & Freidank, Jan & Wannow, Stefanie & Cavallone, Mauro
- 239-256 Top Management Team Internationalization and Firm-level Internationalization: The Moderating Effects of Home-region Institutional Diversity and Firm Global Focus
by Pisani, Niccolò & Muller, Alan & Bogăţan, Paula
- 257-270 Disentangling resource and mode escalation in the context of emerging markets. Evidence from a sample of manufacturing SMEs
by Akbar, Yusaf & Balboni, Bernardo & Bortoluzzi, Guido & Dikova, Desislava & Tracogna, Andrea
- 271-283 Exploitation Strategy and Performance of Contract Manufacturing Exporters: The Mediating Roles of Exploration Strategy and Marketing Capability
by Sharma, Revti Raman & Nguyen, Thao Kim & Crick, Dave
- 284-299 Adapting a Lean Production Program to National Institutions in Latin America: Danone in Argentina and Brazil
by Friel, Daniel & Pinot de Villechenon, Florence
2018, Volume 24, Issue 2
- 87-92 Global Innovation Networks – Organizations and People
by Cano-Kollmann, Marcelo & Hannigan, T.J. & Mudambi, Ram
- 93-107 Headquarter Services in the Global Integration of Production
by Ibarra-Caton, Marilyn & Mataloni, Raymond J.
- 108-122 Functional Upgrading and Value Capture of Multinational Subsidiaries
by Burger, Anže & Jindra, Björn & Marek, Philipp & Rojec, Matija
- 123-136 Countering Overseas Power in Global Value Chains: Information Asymmetries and Subcontracting in the Plastics Industry
by Murphree, Michael & Anderson, John (Andy)
- 137-152 Local and Global Knowledge Complementarity: R&D Collaborations and Innovation of Foreign and Domestic Firms
by Un, C. Annique & Rodríguez, Alicia
- 153-164 Small Firm Boundary-spanning via Bridging Ties: Achieving International Connectivity via Cross-border Inter-cluster Alliances
by Goerzen, Anthony
- 165-178 Policies to Attract R&D-related FDI in Small Emerging Countries: Aligning Incentives With Local Linkages and Absorptive Capacities in Chile
by Guimón, José & Chaminade, Cristina & Maggi, Claudio & Salazar-Elena, Juan Carlos
- 179-194 Catch-up as a Survival Strategy in the Solar Power Industry
by Awate, Snehal & Ajith, V. & Ajwani-Ramchandani, Raji
2018, Volume 24, Issue 1
- 1-15 Antecedents and Outcomes of Political Tie Intensity: Institutional and Strategic Fit Perspectives
by White, George O. & Fainshmidt, Stav & Rajwani, Tazeeb
- 16-32 Intercultural Knowledge Sharing Between Expatriates and Host-country Nationals in Vietnam: A Practice-based Study of Communicative Relations and Power Dynamics
by Heizmann, Helena & Fee, Anthony & Gray, Sidney J.
- 33-51 Informal Institutions and Internet-based Equity Crowdfunding
by Kshetri, Nir
- 52-64 The Sharing Economy Globalization Phenomenon: A Research Agenda
by Parente, Ronaldo C. & Geleilate, José-Mauricio G. & Rong, Ke
- 65-83 The Role of Internal and External Complexity in Global Factory Performance: An NKC Application
by Celo, Sokol & Nebus, James & Wang, I. Kim
2017, Volume 23, Issue 4
- 341-349 Working Across Boundaries: Current and Future Perspectives on Global Virtual Teams
by Jimenez, Alfredo & Boehe, Dirk M. & Taras, Vasyl & Caprar, Dan V.
- 350-366 Emergent Patterns of Switching Behaviors and Intercultural Communication Styles of Global Virtual Teams During Distributed Decision Making
by Zakaria, Norhayati
- 367-381 Influence of Social Identity on Negative Perceptions in Global Virtual Teams
by Vahtera, Pekka & Buckley, Peter J. & Aliyev, Murod & Clegg, Jeremy & Cross, Adam R.
- 382-398 The Role of Brokers and Social Identities in the Development of Capabilities in Global Virtual Teams
by Mattarelli, Elisa & Tagliaventi, Maria Rita & Carli, Giacomo & Gupta, Amar
- 399-411 Building Bridges in Global Virtual Teams: The Role of Multicultural Brokers in Overcoming the Negative Effects of Identity Threats on Knowledge Sharing Across Subgroups
by Eisenberg, Julia & Mattarelli, Elisa
2017, Volume 23, Issue 3
- 227-241 Agent and Task Complexity in Multilateral Alliances: The Safeguarding Role of Equity Governance
by Li, Dan & Eden, Lorraine & Josefy, Matthew
- 242-254 Internationalization of Developing Country Firms into Developed Countries: The Role of Host Country Knowledge-Based Assets and IPR Protection in FDI Location Choice
by Yoo, Dasun & Reimann, Felix
- 255-267 When Do Distance Effects Become Empirically Observable? An Investigation in the Context of Headquarters Value Creation for Subsidiaries
by Beugelsdijk, Sjoerd & Nell, Phillip C. & Ambos, Björn
- 268-278 The Moderating Influence of Competitive Intensity on the Relationship between CEOs' Regulatory Foci and SME Internationalization
by Adomako, Samuel & Opoku, Robert A. & Frimpong, Kwabena
- 279-291 Fast and Furious or Slow and Cautious? The Joint Impact of Age at Internationalization, Speed, and Risk Diversity on the Survival of Exporting Firms
by Meschi, Pierre-Xavier & Ricard, Antonin & Tapia Moore, Ernesto
- 292-305 The Performance of MNE Subsidiaries in China: Does It Matter to Be Close to the Political or Business Hub?
by Teng, Lefa & Huang, Dan & Pan, Yigang
- 306-325 Trojan Horses or Local Allies: Host-country National Managers in Developing Market Subsidiaries
by Muellner, Jakob & Klopf, Patricia & Nell, Phillip C.
- 326-339 Emerging Market Multinational Companies and Internationalization: The Role of Home Country Urbanization
by Estrin, Saul & Nielsen, Bo B. & Nielsen, Sabina
2017, Volume 23, Issue 1
- 1-15 Syndication and Foreignness: Venture Capital Investments in Emerging and Developed Markets
by Wang, Pengfei
- 16-31 Innovative Projects Between MNE Subsidiaries and Local Partners in China: Exploring Locations and Inter-organizational Trust
by Du, Juana & Williams, Christopher
- 32-42 Psychic distance and ownership in acquisitions: Direction matters
by Chikhouni, Abdulrahman & Edwards, Gwyneth & Farashahi, Mehdi
- 43-55 Assets of Foreignness: A Theoretical Integration and Agenda for Future Research
by Mallon, Mark R. & Fainshmidt, Stav
- 56-71 Analysing the Role of International Drivers for Eco-innovators
by Peñasco, Cristina & del Río, Pablo & Romero-Jordán, Desiderio
- 72-86 The Role of Cluster Presence and Quality Certification in Internationalization and Performance of Offshore Service Providers
by Upadhyayula, Rajesh S. & Dhandapani, Karthik & Karna, Amit
- 87-106 Transnational Diaspora and Civil Society Actors Driving MNE Internationalisation: The Case of Grameenphone in Bangladesh
by Rana, Mohammad B. & Elo, Maria
2016, Volume 22, Issue 4
- 297-315 Toward a Better Understanding of the Association Between Strategic Planning and Entrepreneurial Orientation — The Moderating Role of National Culture
by Bachmann, Jan-Thomas & Engelen, Andreas & Schwens, Christian
- 316-332 Imbalance and Isolation: How Team Configurations Affect Global Knowledge Sharing
by Ambos, Tina C. & Ambos, Björn & Eich, Katharina J. & Puck, Jonas
- 333-350 Emerging Market MNEs: Qualitative Review and Theoretical Directions
by Luo, Yadong & Zhang, Huan
- 351-364 The human factor: Investments in employee human capital, productivity, and SME internationalization
by Onkelinx, Jonas & Manolova, Tatiana S. & Edelman, Linda F.
- 365-379 Does Gender Matter in the Export Performance of International New Ventures? Mediation Effects of Firm-specific and Country-specific Advantages
by Lee, In Hyeock & Paik, Yongsun & Uygur, Ugur
- 380-402 Home Country Institutional Effects on the Multinationality–Performance Relationship: A Comparison Between Emerging and Developed Market Multinationals
by Geleilate, José-Mauricio G. & Magnusson, Peter & Parente, Ronaldo C. & Alvarado-Vargas, Marcelo J.
- 403-415 Legitimation Strategies for Clean Technology Entrepreneurs Facing Institutional Voids in Emerging Economies
by de Lange, Deborah E.
2016, Volume 22, Issue 3
- 211-221 Globalization of Capital Markets: Implications for Firm Strategies
by Filatotchev, Igor & Bell, R. Greg & Rasheed, Abdul A.
- 222-233 Location Decisions and the Liability of Foreignness: Spillover Effects Between Factor Market and Capital Market Strategies
by Lindorfer, Robert & d'Arcy, Anne & Puck, Jonas
- 234-248 Cost of Capital in an International Context: Institutional Distance, Quality, and Dynamics
by Lindner, Thomas & Muellner, Jakob & Puck, Jonas
- 249-264 Sovereign Wealth Funds' Internationalization Strategies: The Use of Investment Vehicles
by Murtinu, Samuele & Scalera, Vittoria G.
- 265-279 A strategic perspective of cross-listing by emerging market firms: Evidence from Indonesia, Mexico, Poland and South Africa
by Temouri, Yama & Driffield, Nigel & Bhaumik, Sumon Kumar
- 280-293 The Evolution of Initial Co-investment Syndications in an Emerging Venture Capital Market
by Khavul, Susanna & Deeds, David
2016, Volume 22, Issue 2
- 101-114 International Franchise Expansion: The Role of Institutions and Transaction Costs
by Hoffman, Richard C. & Munemo, Jonathan & Watson, Sharon
- 115-130 Shared Governance: Institutional Investors as a Counterbalance to the State in State Owned Multinationals
by He, Xiaoming & Eden, Lorraine & Hitt, Michael A.
- 131-146 Experience and FDI Risk-taking: A Microfoundational Reconceptualization
by Buckley, Peter J. & Chen, Liang & Clegg, L. Jeremy & Voss, Hinrich
- 147-167 Location Advantages, Governance Quality, Stock Market Development and Firm Characteristics as Antecedents of African M&As
by Tunyi, Abongeh A. & Ntim, Collins G.
- 168-185 Partner Conflicts in International Joint Ventures: A Minority Owner Perspective
by Westman, Christoffer & Thorgren, Sara
- 186-206 Do your Findings Depend on your Data(base)? A Comparative Analysis and Replication Study Using the Three Most Widely Used Databases in International Business Research
by McGuire, Jean B. & James, Barclay E. & Papadopoulos, Andrew
2016, Volume 22, Issue 1
- 1-16 Strategic guanxi orientation: How to manage distribution channels in China?
by Murray, Janet Y. & Fu, Frank Q.
- 17-28 Embeddedness, Ownership Mode and Dynamics, and the Performance of MNE Subsidiaries
by Oehmichen, Jana & Puck, Jonas
- 29-43 Is the Importance of Location Factors Different Depending on the Degree of Development of the Country?
by Ramírez-Alesón, Marisa & Fleta-Asín, Jorge
- 48-62 Biculturalism, Team Performance, and Cultural-faultline Bridges
by Dau, Luis Alfonso
- 63-83 Using Cultural Archetypes in Cross-cultural Management Studies
by Richter, Nicole Franziska & Hauff, Sven & Schlaegel, Christopher & Gudergan, Siegfried & Ringle, Christian M. & Gunkel, Marjaana
- 84-99 Lost in Translation or Lost in Your Neighbor's Yard: The Moderating Role of Leverage and Protection Mechanisms for the MNC Subsidiary Technology Sourcing–Performance Relationship
by Hsu, Sean Tsu-Hsiang & Iriyama, Akie & Prescott, John E.
2015, Volume 21, Issue 4
- 261-266 Demand-side Perspectives in International Business: Themes and Future Directions
by Siqueira, Ana Cristina O. & Priem, Richard L. & Parente, Ronaldo C.
- 267-276 Cross-national Distance and FDI: The Moderating Role of Host Country Local Demand
by Bailey, Nicholas & Li, Sali
- 277-292 Demand Heterogeneity, Learning Diversity and Innovation in an Emerging Economy
by Xie, Zhenzhen & Li, Jiatao
- 293-308 Nurturing business ecosystems for growth in a foreign market: Incubating, identifying and integrating stakeholders
by Rong, Ke & Wu, Jinxi & Shi, Yongjiang & Guo, Liang
- 309-321 Entrepreneurial Imagination and a Demand and Supply-side Perspective on the MNE and Cross-border Organization
by Jones, Geoffrey & Pitelis, Christos
2015, Volume 21, Issue 3
- 169-181 The Roles of Subsidiary Boards in Multinational Enterprises
by Du, Yan & Deloof, Marc & Jorissen, Ann
- 182-199 MNC structure, complexity, and performance: Insights from NK methodology
by Celo, Sokol & Nebus, James & Kim Wang, I.
- 200-210 Overcoming the Liability of Foreignness in International Retailing: A Consumer Perspective
by Maruyama, Masayoshi & Wu, Lihui
- 215-219 Turning the Spotlight on Service Multinationals: New Theoretical Insights and Empirical Evidence
by Kundu, Sumit K. & Lahiri, Somnath
- 220-234 Regional and product diversification and the performance of retail multinationals
by Oh, Chang Hoon & Sohl, Timo & Rugman, Alan M.
- 235-248 It Takes Two to Tango: Signaling Behavioral Intent in Service Multinationals' Foreign Entry Strategies
by Stevens, Charles E. & Makarius, Erin E. & Mukherjee, Debmalya
- 249-259 Customer Interaction Uncertainty, Knowledge, and Service Firm Internationalization
by Meyer, Chris R. & Skaggs, Bruce C. & Nair, Sudhir & Cohen, David G.
2015, Volume 21, Issue 2
- 83-99 The relationship between product and geographic diversification: A fine-grained analysis of its different patterns
by Ref, Ohad
- 100-116 Success of Crowd-based Online Technology in Fundraising: An Institutional Perspective
by Kshetri, Nir
- 117-134 Offshoring Intermediate Manufacturing: Boost or Hindrance to Firm Innovation?
by Valle, Sandra & García, Francisco & Avella, Lucía
- 135-149 Legal Family and Infrastructure Voids as Drivers of Regulated Physical Infrastructure Firms' Exposure to Governmental Discretion
by Fernández-Méndez, Laura & García-Canal, Esteban & Guillén, Mauro F.
- 150-165 The Impact of Captive Innovation Offshoring on the Effectiveness of Organizational Adaptation
by Baier, Elisabeth & Rammer, Christian & Schubert, Torben
2015, Volume 21, Issue 1
- 1-17 R&D Investment in the Global Paper Products Industry: A Behavioral Theory of the Firm and National Culture Perspective
by Lewellyn, Krista B. & Bao, Shuji ‘Rosey’
- 18-30 The Simultaneous Influence of National Culture and Market Turbulence on Entrepreneurial Orientation: A Nine-country Study
by Engelen, Andreas & Schmidt, Susanne & Buchsteiner, Michael
- 31-48 The French Paradox: Implications for Variations in Global Convergence
by Aïssaoui, Rachida & Fabian, Frances
- 49-62 Corporate Language Proficiency and Reverse Knowledge Transfer in Multinational Corporations: Interactive Effects of Communication Media Richness and Commitment to Headquarters
by Peltokorpi, Vesa
- 63-77 Expatriate Social Networks in Terrorism-Endangered Countries: An Empirical Analysis in Afghanistan, India, Pakistan, and Saudi Arabia
by Bader, Benjamin & Schuster, Tassilo
2014, Volume 20, Issue 4
- 379-389 Host-country Headquarters of U.S. Firms in China: An Empirical Study
by Pan, Yigang & Teng, Lefa & Yu, Mingyang & Lu, Xiongwen & Huang, Dan
- 390-405 Innovation in Emerging Markets: The Role of Management Consulting Firms
by Back, Yujin & Praveen Parboteeah, K. & Nam, Dae-il
- 406-420 Does Syndication With Local Venture Capitalists Moderate the Effects of Geographical and Institutional Distance?
by Tykvová, Tereza & Schertler, Andrea
- 421-435 Temporal and Spatial Constructs in Service Firms' Internationalization Patterns: The Determinants of the Accelerated Growth of Emerging MNEs
by Satta, Giovanni & Parola, Francesco & Persico, Luca
- 436-463 A Weighted, Mahalanobian, and Asymmetrical Approach to Calculating National Cultural Distance
by Yeganeh, Hamid
- 464-477 Open-Innovation Effectiveness: When does the Macro Design of Alliance Portfolios Matter?
by Rogbeer, Shalini & Almahendra, Rangga & Ambos, Björn
2014, Volume 20, Issue 3
- 279-289 Unfavorable Market Conditions, Institutional and Financial Development, and Exits of Foreign Subsidiaries
by Song, Sangcheol
- 290-311 Multinational Organizations as Rule-following Bureaucracies — The Example of Catholic Orders
by Rost, Katja & Graetzer, Gitte
- 312-326 Building and Leveraging Interpersonal Trust Within and Across MNE Subsidiaries: A Social Exchange Perspective
by Lai, Christine & Singh, Barjinder & Alshwer, Abdullah A. & Shaffer, Margaret A.
- 327-344 Employer Attractiveness in Latin America: The Association Among Foreignness, Internationalization and Talent Recruitment
by Newburry, William & Gardberg, Naomi A. & Sanchez, Juan I.
- 345-358 The Impact of Vicarious Experience on Foreign Location Strategy
by Jiang, Guoliang F. & Holburn, Guy L.F. & Beamish, Paul W.
- 359-374 The Smirk of Emerging Market Firms: A Modification of the Dunning's Typology of Internationalization Motivations
by Moghaddam, Kaveh & Sethi, Deepak & Weber, Thomas & Wu, Jun
2014, Volume 20, Issue 2
- 91-106 Cross-national differences in firms undertaking innovation initiatives: An application of institutional anomie theory
by Nam, Dae-il & Parboteeah, K. Praveen & Cullen, John B. & Johnson, Jean L.
- 107-123 Innovative Knowledge Transfer Patterns of Group-Affiliated Companies: The effects on the Performance of Foreign Subsidiaries
by Lee, Jeoung Yul & Park, Young-Ryeol & Ghauri, Pervez N. & Park, Byung Il
- 124-136 Top Management's Transformational Leader Behaviors and Innovation Orientation: A Cross-Cultural Perspective in Eight Countries
by Engelen, Andreas & Schmidt, Susanne & Strenger, Lis & Brettel, Malte
- 137-152 Entry and access to competencies abroad: Emerging market firms versus advanced market firms
by De Beule, Filip & Elia, Stefano & Piscitello, Lucia
- 153-187 The Choice of Governance Modes of International Franchise Firms — Development of an Integrative Model
by Jell-Ojobor, Maria & Windsperger, Josef
- 188-200 Legal Distance, Cognitive Distance, and Conflict Resolution in International Business Intellectual Property Disputes
by Fainshmidt, Stav & White, George O. & Cangioni, Carole
- 201-218 From Rocking the Boat to Wagging the Dog: A Literature Review of Subsidiary Initiative Research and Integrative Framework
by Schmid, Stefan & Dzedek, Lars R. & Lehrer, Mark
- 219-236 A Meta-analysis of Factors Leading to Management Control in International Joint Ventures
by Liu, Xiaoyu & Vredenburg, Harrie & Steel, Piers
- 237-255 Successful integration of target firms in international acquisitions: A comparative study in the Medical Technology industry
by Wei, Tian & Clegg, Jeremy
- 256-274 Culture's Influence on Emotional Intelligence: An Empirical Study of Nine Countries
by Gunkel, Marjaana & Schlägel, Christopher & Engle, Robert L.
2014, Volume 20, Issue 1
- 1-7 The Concept of Distance in International Management Research
by Ambos, Björn & Håkanson, Lars
- 8-24 Putting the “psychic” Back in Psychic Distance: Awareness, Perceptions, and Understanding as Dimensions of Psychic Distance
by Nebus, James & Chai, Kah Hin
- 25-37 Not All Differences Are the Same: Dual Roles of Status and Cultural Distance in Sociocultural Integration in Cross-border M&As
by Yildiz, H. Emre
- 38-54 Added Psychic Distance Stimuli and MNE Performance
by Hutzschenreuter, Thomas & Kleindienst, Ingo & Lange, Sandra
- 55-72 The Role of Language in Knowledge Transfer to Geographically Dispersed Manufacturing Operations
by Schomaker, Margaret Spring & Zaheer, Srilata
- 73-86 Home–Host Country Distance in Offshore Governance Choices
by Gooris, Julien & Peeters, Carine
2013, Volume 19, Issue 4
- 315-323 The organizational design of offshoring: Taking stock and moving forward
by Jensen, Peter D. Ørberg & Larsen, Marcus M. & Pedersen, Torben
- 324-332 Does Distance Hinder Coordination? Identifying and Bridging Boundaries of Offshored Work
by Ceci, Federica & Prencipe, Andrea
- 333-346 Effects of Partnership Quality, Talent Management, and Global Mindset on Performance of Offshore IT Service Providers in India
by Raman, Revti & Chadee, Doren & Roxas, Banjo & Michailova, Snejina
- 347-361 Global Software Development: Commitment, Trust and Cultural Sensitivity in Strategic Partnerships
by Søderberg, Anne-Marie & Krishna, S. & Bjørn, Pernille
- 362-376 Knowledge Transfer and Knowledge Building at Offshored Technical Support Centers
by Chen, Jihong & McQueen, Robert J. & Sun, Peter Y.T.
- 377-389 Creating value through offshore outsourcing: An integrative framework
by Mukherjee, Debmalya & Gaur, Ajai S. & Datta, Avimanyu
- 390-406 A Systematic Review of Literature on Offshoring of Value Chain Activities
by Schmeisser, Bjoern
2013, Volume 19, Issue 2
- 103-117 Decoupling management and technological innovations: Resolving the individualism–collectivism controversy
by Černe, Matej & Jaklič, Marko & Škerlavaj, Miha
- 118-137 Internationalization and Performance of Firms in China: Moderating Effects of Governance Structure and the Degree of Centralized Control
by Xiao, Simon Shufeng & Jeong, Insik & Moon, Jon Jungbien & Chung, Chris Changwha & Chung, Jaiho
- 138-151 How do CEOs matter? The moderating effects of CEO compensation and tenure on equity ownership in international joint ventures
by Hou, Wanrong & Li, Sali & Priem, Richard L.
- 152-162 Expatriate Managers, Product Relatedness, and IJV Performance: A Resource and Knowledge-based Perspective
by Dutta, Dev K. & Beamish, Paul W.
- 163-175 An Empirical Investigation of Terrorism-induced Stress on Expatriate Attitudes and Performance
by Bader, Benjamin & Berg, Nicola
- 176-194 Heterogeneous firm response to organized crime: Evidence from FDI in Mexico
by Ramos, Miguel A. & Ashby, Nathan J.
- 195-202 Case study methodology: causal explanation, contextualization, and theorizing
by Tsang, Eric W.K.
2012, Volume 18, Issue 4
- 305-321 The Impact of Rule of Law on Market Value Creation for Local Alliance Partners in BRIC Countries
by Li, Dan & Miller, Stewart R. & Eden, Lorraine & Hitt, Michael A.
- 322-334 Liabilities of Foreignness Revisited: A Review of Contemporary Studies and Recommendations for Future Research
by Denk, Nikola & Kaufmann, Lutz & Roesch, Jan-Frederik
- 335-351 Make-or-Break Decisions in Choosing Foreign Direct Investment Locations
by Alcantara, Lailani Laynesa & Mitsuhashi, Hitoshi
- 352-365 Similarity in Cross-border Mergers and Acquisitions: Imitation, Uncertainty and Experience among Chinese Firms, 1985–2006
by Yang, Monica & Hyland, MaryAnne
- 366-378 Learning Through Imports in the Internationalization Process
by Grosse, Robert & Fonseca, Alejandro
- 379-392 The board mechanism and entry mode choice
by Lai, Jung-Ho & Chen, Li-Yu & Chang, Shao-Chi
2012, Volume 18, Issue 2
- 115-131 FDI legitimacy and MNC subsidiary control: From legitimation to competition
by Peng, George Z.
- 132-146 Firm-specific advantages, inward FDI origins, and performance of multinational enterprises
by Lee, In Hyeock & Rugman, Alan M.
- 147-159 Entrepreneurial Readiness and Firm Growth: An Integrated Etic and Emic Approach
by Lau, Victor P. & Dimitrova, Mihaela N. & Shaffer, Margaret A. & Davidkov, Tzvetan & Yordanova, Desislava I.
- 160-179 Does cultural assimilation affect organizational decision-making on quality-related incidents? — A company's post-M&A experience
by Ito, Satoshi & Fujimura, Shuzo & Tamiya, Toshihiko
- 180-195 How international is corporate environmental responsibility? A literature review
by Holtbrügge, Dirk & Dögl, Corinna