Knowledge Systems and Technological Dynamism in Industrial Clusters in Developing Countries
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Lall, Sanjaya, 1992. "Technological capabilities and industrialization," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 165-186, February.
- Samuel Hollander, 1965. "The Sources of Increased Efficiency: A Study of DuPont Rayon Plants," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 026258235x.
- Meyer-Stamer, Jorg, 1998. "Path dependence in regional development: Persistence and change in three industrial clusters in Santa Catarina, Brazil," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(8), pages 1495-1511, August.
- Michael Hobday, 1995. "Innovation In East Asia," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 226.
- Carl J. Dahlman & Fernando Valadares Fonseca, 1987. "From Technological Dependence to Technological Development: The Case of the USIMINAS Steel Plant in Brazil," Palgrave Macmillan Books, in: Jorge M. Katz (ed.), Technology Generation in Latin American Manufacturing Industries, chapter 6, pages 154-182, Palgrave Macmillan.
- Schmitz, Hubert, 1995. "Small shoemakers and fordist giants: Tale of a supercluster," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 9-28, January.
- Dahlman, Carl J. & Ross-Larson, Bruce & Westphal, Larry E., 1987. "Managing technological development: Lessons from the newly industrializing countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 15(6), pages 759-775, June.
- Humphrey, John, 1995. "Industrial reorganization in developing countries: From models to trajectories," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 149-162, January.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Liang-Chih Chen, 2011. "Technological Learning and Capability Building in LMT Industries in Newly Industrializing Countries: Selected Examples from Taiwan," Chapters, in: Paul L. Robertson & David Jacobson (ed.), Knowledge Transfer and Technology Diffusion, chapter 11, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Andrea Morrison & Carlo Pietrobelli & Roberta Rabellotti, 2006. "Global Value Chains and Technological Capabilities: A Framework to Study Industrial Innovation in Developing Countries," KITeS Working Papers 192, KITeS, Centre for Knowledge, Internationalization and Technology Studies, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy, revised Dec 2006.
- Figueiredo, Paulo N., 2008. "Industrial Policy Changes and Firm-Level Technological Capability Development: Evidence from Northern Brazil," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 55-88, January.
- Andrea Morrison & Carlo Pietrobelli & Roberta Rabellotti, 2008.
"Global Value Chains and Technological Capabilities: A Framework to Study Learning and Innovation in Developing Countries,"
Oxford Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(1), pages 39-58.
- Andrea Morrison & Carlo Pietrobelli & Roberta Rabellotti, 2007. "Global Value Chains and Technological Capabilities: A Framework to Study Learning and Innovation in Developing Countries," Working Papers 117, SEMEQ Department - Faculty of Economics - University of Eastern Piedmont.
- Lall, Sanjaya & Teubal, Morris, 1998. ""Market-stimulating" technology policies in developing countries: A framework with examples from East Asia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(8), pages 1369-1385, August.
- Hansen, Ulrich Elmer & Lema, Rasmus, 2019. "The co-evolution of learning mechanisms and technological capabilities: Lessons from energy technologies in emerging economies," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 140(C), pages 241-257.
- Ivarsson, Inge & Alvstam, Claes Goran, 2005. "Technology transfer from TNCs to local suppliers in developing countries: A study of AB Volvo's truck and bus plants in Brazil, China, India, and Mexico," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(8), pages 1325-1344, August.
- Marchese, Marco. & Sakamoto, Akiko., 2008. "Skills development for industrial clusters : a preliminary review: background paper to the Internal Workshop, 22-23 November, 2005, ILO, Geneva," ILO Working Papers 994132353402676, International Labour Organization.
- repec:ilo:ilowps:413235 is not listed on IDEAS
- Inge Ivarsson & Claes Göran Alvstam, 2004. "International Technology Transfer to Local Suppliers by Volvo Trucks in India," Tijdschrift voor Economische en Sociale Geografie, Royal Dutch Geographical Society KNAG, vol. 95(1), pages 27-43, February.
- Jan Fagerberg & Bengt-Åke Lundvall & Martin Srholec, 2018.
"Global Value Chains, National Innovation Systems and Economic Development,"
The European Journal of Development Research, Palgrave Macmillan;European Association of Development Research and Training Institutes (EADI), vol. 30(3), pages 533-556, July.
- Fagerberg, Jan & Lundvall, Bengt-Åke & Srholec, Martin, 2017. "Global value chains, national innovation systems and economic development," Papers in Innovation Studies 2017/15, Lund University, CIRCLE - Centre for Innovation Research.
- Jan Fagerberg & Bengt-Åke Lundvall & Martin Srholec, 2017. "Global value chains, national innovation systems and economic development," Working Papers on Innovation Studies 20171012, Centre for Technology, Innovation and Culture, University of Oslo.
- Tarighi, Sina & Shavvalpour, Saeed, 2021. "Technological development of E&P companies in developing countries: An integrative approach to define and prioritize customized elements of technological capability in EOR," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 72(C).
- da Rocha, Angela & Kury, Beatriz & Tomassini, Rodrigo & Velloso, Luciana, 2017. "Strategic Responses to Environmental Turbulence: A Study of Four Brazilian Exporting Clusters," INVESTIGACIONES REGIONALES - Journal of REGIONAL RESEARCH, Asociación Española de Ciencia Regional, issue 39, pages 155-174.
- Sanjaya Lall, 1996. "Understanding Technology Development," Palgrave Macmillan Books, in: Learning from the Asian Tigers, chapter 2, pages 27-58, Palgrave Macmillan.
- Tirta Mursitama, 2006. "Creating relational rents: The effect of business groups on affiliated firms’ performance in Indonesia," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 23(4), pages 537-557, December.
- Vijay Vyas, 2005. "Imitation, Incremental Innovation and Climb Down," Journal of Entrepreneurship and Innovation in Emerging Economies, Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India, vol. 14(2), pages 103-116, September.
- Figueiredo, Paulo N., 2016. "Evolution of the short-fiber technological trajectory in Brazil's pulp and paper industry: The role of firm-level innovative capability-building and indigenous institutions," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 1-14.
- Tulus Tambunnan, 2007. "Trade and Investment Liberalization Effects on SME Development: A literature Review and a Case Study of Indonesia," ARTNeT Working Papers 42, United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP).
- repec:ilo:ilowps:369852 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kesidou, Effie & Szirmai, Adam, 2008. "Local Knowledge Spillovers, Innovation and Economic Performance in Developing Countries: A discussion of alternative specifications," MERIT Working Papers 2008-033, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Cusmano, Lucia & Morrison, Andrea & Rabellotti, Roberta, 2010.
"Catching up Trajectories in the Wine Sector: A Comparative Study of Chile, Italy, and South Africa,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 38(11), pages 1588-1602, November.
- Cusmano, Lucia & Morrison, Andrea & Rabellotti, Roberta, 2009. "Catching-Up Trajectories In The Wine Sector: A Comparative Study Of Chile, Italy And South Africa," Working Papers 48299, American Association of Wine Economists.
- Lucia Cusmano & Andrea Morrison & Roberta Rabellotti, 2009. "Catching-up Trajectories in the Wine Sector: A Comparative Study on Chile, Italy and South Africa," KITeS Working Papers 007, KITeS, Centre for Knowledge, Internationalization and Technology Studies, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy, revised Mar 2009.
- Freeman, Christopher & Soete, Luc, 2009.
"Developing science, technology and innovation indicators: What we can learn from the past,"
Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 583-589, May.
- Soete, Luc & Freeman, Chris, 2007. "Developing science, technology and innovation indicators: what we can learn from the past," MERIT Working Papers 2007-001, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:27:y:1999:i:9:p:1715-1734. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.