Path dependence in regional development: Persistence and change in three industrial clusters in Santa Catarina, Brazil
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Schmitz, Hubert, 1995. "Small shoemakers and fordist giants: Tale of a supercluster," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 9-28, January.
- Poon, Auliana, 1990. "Flexible specialization and small size: The case of Caribbean tourism," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 109-123, January.
- Denzau, Arthur T & North, Douglass C, 1994. "Shared Mental Models: Ideologies and Institutions," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(1), pages 3-31.
- Liebowitz, S J & Margolis, Stephen E, 1990. "The Fable of the Keys," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 33(1), pages 1-25, April.
- David, Paul A, 1985. "Clio and the Economics of QWERTY," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(2), pages 332-337, May.
- Russo, Margherita, 1985. "Technical change and the industrial district: The role of interfirm relations in the growth and transformation of ceramic tile production in Italy," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 14(6), pages 329-343, December.
- Rudiger Dornbusch, 1997. "Brazil's Incomplete Stabilization and Reform," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 28(1), pages 367-404.
- Stone, Andrew & Levy, Brian & Paredes, Ricardo, 1992. "Public institutions and private transactions : the legal and regulatory environment for business private transactions in Brazil and Chile," Policy Research Working Paper Series 891, The World Bank.
- Jorg Meyer-Stamer, 1997. "New patterns of governance for industrial change: Perspectives for Brazil," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(3), pages 364-391.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ozlem Ozkanli & Erkan Erdil & Erdal Akdeve, 2008. "Innovation And Relationships In Industrial Districts: The Case Of Turkey," STPS Working Papers 0801, STPS - Science and Technology Policy Studies Center, Middle East Technical University, revised Aug 2008.
- Andrea Morrison & Carlo Pietrobelli & Roberta Rabellotti, 2008.
"Global Value Chains and Technological Capabilities: A Framework to Study Learning and Innovation in Developing Countries,"
Oxford Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(1), pages 39-58.
- Andrea Morrison & Carlo Pietrobelli & Roberta Rabellotti, 2007. "Global Value Chains and Technological Capabilities: A Framework to Study Learning and Innovation in Developing Countries," Working Papers 117, SEMEQ Department - Faculty of Economics - University of Eastern Piedmont.
- Yoguel, Gabriel & Borello, José Antonio & Erbes, Analía, 2009. "Argentina: how to study and act upon local innovation systems," Revista CEPAL, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL), December.
- Thomas, Jayan Jose, 2005. "Kerala's industrial backwardness: a case of path dependence in industrialization?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 763-783, May.
- Qi Guo & Canfei He, 2015. "Evolution of Production Space and Regional Industrial Structures in China," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 1521, Utrecht University, Department of Human Geography and Spatial Planning, Group Economic Geography, revised Jul 2015.
- repec:ris:invreg:0360 is not listed on IDEAS
- Peter Knorringa & Khalid Nadvi, 2016. "Rising Power Clusters and the Challenges of Local and Global Standards," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 133(1), pages 55-72, January.
- Huanmei Li & Graciela Zubielqui & Allan O’Connor, 2015. "Entrepreneurial networking capacity of cluster firms: a social network perspective on how shared resources enhance firm performance," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 45(3), pages 523-541, October.
- Bell, Martin & Albu, Michael, 1999. "Knowledge Systems and Technological Dynamism in Industrial Clusters in Developing Countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(9), pages 1715-1734, September.
- Morosini, Piero, 2004. "Industrial Clusters, Knowledge Integration and Performance," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 305-326, February.
- Ayele, Gezahegn & Moorman, Lisa & Wamisho, Kassu & Zhang, Xiaobo, 2010. "Infrastructure and cluster development," IFPRI discussion papers 980, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Andrea Morrison & Carlo Pietrobelli & Roberta Rabellotti, 2006. "Global Value Chains and Technological Capabilities: A Framework to Study Industrial Innovation in Developing Countries," KITeS Working Papers 192, KITeS, Centre for Knowledge, Internationalization and Technology Studies, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy, revised Dec 2006.
- Rakesh Basant, 2002. "Knowledge Flows and Industrial Clusters: An Analytical Review of Literature," Economics Study Area Working Papers 40, East-West Center, Economics Study Area.
- Hoffmann, Valmir Emil & Lopes, Gisele Silveira Coelho & Medeiros, Janann Joslin, 2014. "Knowledge transfer among the small businesses of a Brazilian cluster," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 67(5), pages 856-864.
- Keshab Das, 2007. "Industrial Clusters in India: Perspectives and Issues for Research," Working Papers id:1028, eSocialSciences.
- Erkan Erdil & Dilek Cetin, 2008. "Innovation and Relationships in an Organized Indutrial District: Ankara Sincan Industrial District," STPS Working Papers 0802, STPS - Science and Technology Policy Studies Center, Middle East Technical University, revised Aug 2008.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:26:y:1998:i:8:p:1495-1511. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.