Infrastructure and cluster development
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Masaki Nakabayashi, 2006. "Flexibility and diversity: the putting-out system in the silk fablic industry of Kiryu, Japan," Discussion Papers in Economics and Business 06-10, Osaka University, Graduate School of Economics.
- Robert G. King & Ross Levine, 1993. "Finance and Growth: Schumpeter Might Be Right," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 108(3), pages 717-737.
- Masahisa Fujita & Paul Krugman & Anthony J. Venables, 2001. "The Spatial Economy: Cities, Regions, and International Trade," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262561476, December.
- McKenzie, David J & Woodruff, Christopher, 2006.
"Do Entry Costs Provide an Empirical Basis for Poverty Traps? Evidence from Mexican Microenterprises,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 55(1), pages 3-42, October.
- David J. McKenzie & Christopher Woodruff, 2006. "Do Entry Costs Provide an Empirical Basis for Poverty Traps? Evidence from Mexican Microenterprises," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 55, pages 3-42.
- Anas, Alex, 2001. "By Alex Anas. Forthcoming in Regional Science and Urban Economics. The Spatial Economy: Cities, Regions, and International Trade, Masahisa Fujita, Paul Krugman and Anthony J. Venables, MIT Press, Camb," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 601-615, September.
- Rajan, Raghuram G & Zingales, Luigi, 1998.
"Financial Dependence and Growth,"
American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 88(3), pages 559-586, June.
- Raghuram G. Rajan & Luigi Zingales, "undated". "Financial Dependence and Growth," CRSP working papers 344, Center for Research in Security Prices, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago.
- Raghuram G. Rajan & Luigi Zingales, 1996. "Financial Dependence and Growth," NBER Working Papers 5758, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bell, Martin & Albu, Michael, 1999. "Knowledge Systems and Technological Dynamism in Industrial Clusters in Developing Countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(9), pages 1715-1734, September.
- Banerjee, Abhijit V & Newman, Andrew F, 1993.
"Occupational Choice and the Process of Development,"
Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 101(2), pages 274-298, April.
- Abhijit V. Banerjee & Andrew F. Newman, 1990. "Occupational Choice and the Process of Development," Discussion Papers 911, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Haggblade, Steven & Hazell, Peter B. R. & Reardon, Thomas, 2009. "Transforming the rural nonfarm economy: Opportunities and threats in the developing world," Issue briefs 58, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Jianqing Ruan & Xiaobo Zhang, 2009.
"Finance and Cluster-Based Industrial Development in China,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 58(1), pages 143-164, October.
- Ruan, Jianqing & Zhang, Xiaobo, 2008. "Finance and cluster-based industrial development in China:," IFPRI discussion papers 768, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Huang, Zuhui & Zhang, Xiaobo & Zhu, Yunwei, 2008.
"The role of clustering in rural industrialization: A case study of the footwear industry in Wenzhou,"
China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 409-420, September.
- Huang, Zuhui & Zhang, Xiaobo & Zhu, Yunwei, 2007. "The role of clustering in rural industrialization: A Case Study of the Footwear Industry in Wenzhou," IFPRI discussion papers 705, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Meyer-Stamer, Jorg, 1998. "Path dependence in regional development: Persistence and change in three industrial clusters in Santa Catarina, Brazil," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(8), pages 1495-1511, August.
- Schmitz, Hubert & Nadvi, Khalid, 1999. "Clustering and Industrialization: Introduction," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(9), pages 1503-1514, September.
- weijland, Hermine, 1999. "Microenterprise Clusters in Rural Indonesia: Industrial Seedbed and Policy Target," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(9), pages 1515-1530, September.
- Marcel Fafchamps, 2004. "Market Institutions in Sub-Saharan Africa: Theory and Evidence," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262062364, December.
- Meghana Ayyagari & Asli Demirgüç-Kunt & Vojislav Maksimovic, 2008.
"How Important Are Financing Constraints? The Role of Finance in the Business Environment,"
World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 22(3), pages 483-516, November.
- Ayyagari, Meghana & Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Maksimovic, Vojislav, 2006. "How important are financing constraints ? The role of finance in the business environment," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3820, The World Bank.
- Keijiro Otsuka, 2006. "Cluster‐Based Industrial Development: A View From East Asia," The Japanese Economic Review, Japanese Economic Association, vol. 57(3), pages 361-376, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ali, Merima & Peerlings, Jack, 2011.
"Value Added of Cluster Membership for Micro Enterprises of the Handloom Sector in Ethiopia,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 363-374, March.
- Ali, Merima & Peerlings, Jack H.M., 2009. "Value added of Cluster Membership for Micro Enterprises of the Handloom Sector in Ethiopia," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 49922, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Babur Wasim Arif & Tetsushi Sonobe, 2012.
"Virtual Incubation in Industrial Clusters: A Case Study in Pakistan,"
Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(3), pages 377-392, March.
- Babur Wasim Arif & Tetsushi Sonobe, 2011. "Virtual Incubation in Industrial Clusters: A Case Study in Pakistan," GRIPS Discussion Papers 11-08, National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies.
- Ferri Kuswantoro & M. Mohd Rosli & Radiah Abdul Kader, 2012. "Innovation In Distribution Channel(S) & Cost Efficiency On Small & Medium Enterprise Scales’ Performance In Indonesia," Journal of Global Entrepreneurship, Global Research Agency, vol. 3(1), pages 42-67, July.
- Masaki Nakabayashi, 2017.
"Honesty, Diligence and Skill: Risk Sharing and Specialization in the Kiryu Silk Weaving Cluster, Japan,"
Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 21(4), pages 1401-1424, November.
- NAKABAYASHI, Masaki, 2013. "Honesty, Diligence, and Skill: Risk Sharing and Specialization in the Kiryu Silk Weaving Cluster, Japan," ISS Discussion Paper Series (series F) f166, Institute of Social Science, The University of Tokyo, revised 09 Jan 2014.
- Ali, Merima & Peerlings, Jack & Zhang, Xiaobo, 2010. "Clustering as an organizational response to capital market inefficiency: Evidence from handloom enterprises in Ethiopia," IFPRI discussion papers 1045, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
More about this item
KeywordsDevelopment strategies; handloom weavers; industrial clustering; productivity;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-GEO-2010-07-17 (Economic Geography)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fpr:ifprid:980. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ifprius.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.