Trade Liberalization, The Exchange Rate And Job And Worker Flows In Brazil
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Eduardo Pontual Ribeiro & Carlos H. Corseuil, 2004. "Trade Liberalization, the Exchange Rate and Job and Worker Flows in Brazil," Econometric Society 2004 Latin American Meetings 296, Econometric Society.
References listed on IDEAS
- Steven J. Davis & John Haltiwanger, 1992.
"Gross Job Creation, Gross Job Destruction, and Employment Reallocation,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 107(3), pages 819-863.
- Steve J. Davis & John Haltiwanger, 1990. "Gross Job Creation, Gross Job Destruction and Employment Reallocation," Working Papers 90-4, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Steve J. Davis & John Haltiwanger, 1991. "Gross Job Creation, Gross Job Destruction and Employment Reallocation," NBER Working Papers 3728, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Steve J. Davis & John Haltiwanger, 1991. "Gross job creation, gross job destruction and employment reallocation," Working Paper Series, Macroeconomic Issues 91-5, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Sergei Soares & Luciana M. Santos Servo & Jorge Saba Arbache, 2001. "O que (não) Sabemos sobre a Relação entre Abertura Comercial e Mercado de Trabalho no Brasil," Anais do XXIX Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 29th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 048, ANPEC - AssociaÃ§Ã£o Nacional dos Centros de PÃ³s-GraduaÃ§Ã£o em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Daniel S. Hamermesh & Wolter H. J. Hassink & Jan C. Van Ours, 1996.
"Job Turnover and Labor Turnover: A taxinomy of Employment Dynamics,"
Annals of Economics and Statistics,
GENES, issue 41-42, pages 21-40.
- Hamermesh, D.S. & Hassink, W.H.J. & van Ours, J.C., 1996. "Job turnover and labor turnover : A taxonomy of employment dynamics," Other publications TiSEM 1f3fab1f-b02a-485a-bb8f-f, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Pierre-Olivier Gourinchas, 1999.
"Exchange Rates and Jobs: What Do We Learn from Job Flows?,"
NBER Chapters,in: NBER Macroeconomics Annual 1998, volume 13, pages 153-222
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pierre-Olivier Gourinchas, 1998. "Exchange Rates and Jobs: What Do We Learn from Job Flows?," NBER Working Papers 6864, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pedro Portugal & Olivier Blanchard, 2001. "What Hides Behind an Unemployment Rate: Comparing Portuguese and U.S. Labor Markets," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(1), pages 187-207, March.
- Steven J. Davis & John C. Haltiwanger & Scott Schuh, 1998. "Job Creation and Destruction," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262540932, January.
- Mortensen, Dale T. & Pissarides, Christopher A., 1999.
"Job reallocation, employment fluctuations and unemployment,"
Handbook of Macroeconomics,in: J. B. Taylor & M. Woodford (ed.), Handbook of Macroeconomics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 18, pages 1171-1228
- Dale T. Mortensen & Christopher A. Pissarides, 1999. "Job Reallocation, Employment Fluctuations and Unemployment," CEP Discussion Papers dp0421, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- John Haltiwanger, 2000. "Aggregate Growth: What Have We Learned from Microeconomic Evidence?," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 267, OECD Publishing.
- Boeri, Tito, 1996. "Is Job Turnover Countercyclical?," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 14(4), pages 603-625, October.
- Klein, Michael W. & Schuh, Scott & Triest, Robert K., 2003.
"Job creation, job destruction, and the real exchange rate,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 59(2), pages 239-265, March.
- Michael W. Klein & Scott Schuh & Robert K. Triest, 1999. "Job creation, job destruction, and the real exchange rate," Working Papers 99-11, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Michael W. Klein & Scott Schuh & Robert K. Triest, 2000. "Job Creation, Job Destruction, and the Real Exchange Rate," NBER Working Papers 7466, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Amann, Edmund & Baer, Werner, 2000. "The Illusion of Stability: The Brazilian Economy Under Cardoso," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(10), pages 1805-1819, October.
- Moreira, Mauricio Mesquita & Correa, Paulo Guilherme, 1998. "A first look at the impacts of trade liberalization on Brazilian manufacturing industry," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(10), pages 1859-1874, October.
- Fajnzylber, Pablo & Maloney, William F. & Ribeiro, Eduardo, 2001. "Firm entry and exit, labor demand, and trade reform : evidence from Chile and Colombia," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2659, The World Bank.
- Ana L. Revenga, 1992. "Exporting Jobs?The Impact of Import Competition on Employment and Wages in U. S. Manufacturing," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 107(1), pages 255-284.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mohamed Ali Marouani & Rim Mouelhi, 2014.
"Employment Growth, Productivity and Jobs reallocations in Tunisia: A Microdata Analysis,"
DT/2014/13, DIAL (Développement, Institutions et Mondialisation).
- Mohamed Ali Marouani & Rim Mouelhi, 2015. "Employment Growth, Productivity and Jobs reallocations in Tunisia: A Microdata Analysis," Working Papers 20150002, Université Paris 1 Panthéon Sorbonne, UMR Développement et Sociétés.
- Ligia Melo & Carlos Ballesteros, 2014. "The impact of external factors on job creation and destruction in the Colombian manufacturing sector," Lecturas de Economía, Universidad de Antioquia, Departamento de Economía, issue 81, pages 155-186, Julio - D.
- Almeida, Rita K. & Poole, Jennifer P., 2017.
"Trade and labor reallocation with heterogeneous enforcement of labor regulations,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 126(C), pages 154-166.
- Almeida, Rita K. & Poole, Jennifer P., 2013. "Trade and Labor Reallocation with Heterogeneous Enforcement of Labor Regulations," IZA Discussion Papers 7358, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Demir, Firat, 2010.
"Exchange Rate Volatility and Employment Growth in Developing Countries: Evidence from Turkey,"
Elsevier, vol. 38(8), pages 1127-1140, August.
- Demir, Firat, 2010. "Exchange Rate Volatility and Employment Growth in Developing Countries: Evidence from Turkey," MPRA Paper 24477, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Melo, Ligia & Ballesteros, Carlos, 2014. "Impacto de los factores externos sobre la creación y destrucción de empleo en el sector manufacturero colombiano," REVISTA LECTURAS DE ECONOMÍA, UNIVERSIDAD DE ANTIOQUIA - CIE, issue 81, pages 155-186, April.
- Martin-Barroso, David & Nuñez-Serrano, Juan Andres & Turrion, Jaime & Velazquez, Francisco J., 2011. "The European Map of Job Flows," MPRA Paper 33602, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2011.
More about this item
- J23 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Demand
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-12-12 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:anp:en2004:153. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rodrigo Zadra Armond). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/anpecea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.