Sectoral Adjustment of Employment: The Impact of Outsourcing and Trade at the Micro Level
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Egger, Peter & Pfaffermayr, Michael & Weber, Andrea, 2003. "Sectoral Adjustment of Employment: The Impact of Outsourcing and Trade at the Micro Level," Economics Series 145, Institute for Advanced Studies.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jose Manuel Campa & Linda S. Goldberg, 2001.
"Employment Versus Wage Adjustment And The U.S. Dollar,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 83(3), pages 477-489, August.
- Jose Manuel Campa & Linda S. Goldberg, 1998. "Employment versus wage adjustment and the U.S. dollar," Staff Reports 56, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- José Manuel Campa & Linda S. Goldberg, 1999. "Employment versus Wage Adjustment and the U.S. Dollar," Working Papers 99-07, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Jose Manuel Campa & Linda S. Goldberg, 1998. "Employment versus Wage Adjustment and the US Dollar," NBER Working Papers 6749, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert C. Feenstra & Gordon H. Hanson, 1999. "The Impact of Outsourcing and High-Technology Capital on Wages: Estimates For the United States, 1979–1990," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 114(3), pages 907-940.
- Steven J. Davis & John C. Haltiwanger & Scott Schuh, 1998. "Job Creation and Destruction," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262540932, March.
- Burgess, Simon M & Knetter, Michael M, 1998.
"An International Comparison of Employment Adjustment to Exchange Rate Fluctuations,"
Review of International Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 6(1), pages 151-163, February.
- Simon Burgess & Michael M. Knetter, 1996. "An International Comparison of Employment Adjustment to Exchange Rate Fluctuations," NBER Working Papers 5861, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Helmut Hofer & Peter Huber, 2003.
"Wage and Mobility Effects of Trade and Migration on the Austrian Labour Market,"
Springer;Austrian Institute for Economic Research;Austrian Economic Association, vol. 30(2), pages 107-125, June.
- Hofer, Helmut & Huber, Peter, 2001. "Wage and Mobility Effects of Trade and Migration on the Austrian Labour Market," Economics Series 97, Institute for Advanced Studies.
- Pierre-Olivier Gourinchas, 1999.
"Exchange Rates and Jobs: What Do We Learn from Job Flows?,"
NBER Chapters,in: NBER Macroeconomics Annual 1998, volume 13, pages 153-222
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pierre-Olivier Gourinchas, 1998. "Exchange Rates and Jobs: What Do We Learn from Job Flows?," NBER Working Papers 6864, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chamberlain, Gary, 1984. "Panel data," Handbook of Econometrics,in: Z. Griliches† & M. D. Intriligator (ed.), Handbook of Econometrics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 22, pages 1247-1318 Elsevier.
- Klein, Michael W. & Schuh, Scott & Triest, Robert K., 2003.
"Job creation, job destruction, and the real exchange rate,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 59(2), pages 239-265, March.
- Michael W. Klein & Scott Schuh & Robert K. Triest, 1999. "Job creation, job destruction, and the real exchange rate," Working Papers 99-11, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Michael W. Klein & Scott Schuh & Robert K. Triest, 2000. "Job Creation, Job Destruction, and the Real Exchange Rate," NBER Working Papers 7466, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Paul Krugman, 1995. "Growing World Trade: Causes and Consequences," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 26(1, 25th A), pages 327-377.
- Linda S. Goldberg & Joseph Tracy, 2001. "Exchange rates and wages," Staff Reports 116, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Arndt, Sven W., 1997. "Globalization and the open economy," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 71-79.
- Joseph Tracy & Linda Goldberg & Stephanie Aaronson, 1999. "Exchange Rates and Employment Instability: Evidence from Matched CPS Data," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(2), pages 204-210, May.
- Lori G. Kletzer, 2002. "Imports, Exports, and Jobs: What Does Trade Mean for Employment and Job Loss?," Books from Upjohn Press, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research, number iej, November.
- Michael W. Klein & Scott Schuh & Robert K. Triest, 2003. "Job Creation, Job Destruction, and International Competition," Books from Upjohn Press, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research, number jcjd, November.
- Robert C. Feenstra, 2000. "The Impact of International Trade on Wages," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number feen00-1, July.
- Vivarelli, Marco & Evangelista, Rinaldo & Pianta, Mario, 1996. "Innovation and employment in Italian manufacturing industry," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(7), pages 1013-1026, October.
- Grossman, Gene M., 1986.
"Imports as a cause of injury: The case of the U.S. steel industry,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 20(3-4), pages 201-223, May.
- Gene M. Grossman, 1984. "Imports as a Cause of Injury: The Case of the U.S. Steel Industry," NBER Working Papers 1494, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bo E. Honoré & Ekaterini Kyriazidou, 2000. "Panel Data Discrete Choice Models with Lagged Dependent Variables," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 68(4), pages 839-874, July.
- Kohler, Wilhelm, 2001. "A specific-factors view on outsourcing," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 31-53, March.
- Magnac, Thierry, 2000. "Subsidised Training and Youth Employment: Distinguishing Unobserved Heterogeneity from State Dependence in Labour Market Histories," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 110(466), pages 805-837, October.
- Aiginger, Karl & Winter-Ebmer, Rudolf & Zweimüller, Josef, 1995. "East European Trade and the Austrian Labour Market," CEPR Discussion Papers 1168, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Michael W. Klein & Scott Schuh & Robert K. Triest, 2002. "Job creation, job destruction, and international competition: a literature review," Working Papers 02-7, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Ana L. Revenga, 1992. "Exporting Jobs?The Impact of Import Competition on Employment and Wages in U. S. Manufacturing," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 107(1), pages 255-284.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rosario Crinò, 2007. "Offshoring, Multinationals and Labor Market: A Review of the Empirical Literature," KITeS Working Papers 196, KITeS, Centre for Knowledge, Internationalization and Technology Studies, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy, revised Jan 2007.
- Cadarso, Maria Angeles & Gomez, Nuria & Lopez, Luis Antonio & Tobarra, Maria Angeles, 2008. "The EU enlargement and the impact of outsourcing on industrial employment in Spain, 1993-2003," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 95-108, March.
- Geishecker, Ingo, 2006. "The impact of international outsourcing on individual employment security: a micro level analysis," Discussion Papers 2006/17, Free University Berlin, School of Business & Economics.
- Egger, Hartmut & Egger, Peter, 2005. "Labor market effects of outsourcing under industrial interdependence," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 349-363.
- Hongbo CAI & Hao CHEN & Xinhe LIU, 2012. "Offshoring And Employment Structure: Evidence From China," Journal of Applied Economic Sciences, Spiru Haret University, Faculty of Financial Management and Accounting Craiova, vol. 7(1(19)/ Sp), pages 35-47.
- Agnese, Pablo, 2009.
"Japan and her dealings with offshoring: An empirical analysis with aggregate data,"
IESE Research Papers
D/793, IESE Business School.
- Agnese, Pablo, 2011. "Japan and Her Dealings with Offshoring: An Empirical Analysis with Aggregate Data," IZA Discussion Papers 5517, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Agnese, Pablo, 2009. "Japan and her dealings with offshoring: An empirical analysis with aggregate data," MPRA Paper 16505, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:wfo:wstudy:26623 is not listed on IDEAS
- Yiping Zhu, 2008. "Globalisation, Employment, and Wage Rate: What Does Literature Tell Us?," IMK Working Paper 07-2008, IMK at the Hans Boeckler Foundation, Macroeconomic Policy Institute.
- Gorg, Holger & Hanley, Aoife, 2005. "Labour demand effects of international outsourcing: Evidence from plant-level data," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 365-376.
- Henk L.M. Kox, 2004. "The contribution of business services to aggregate productivity growth," Industrial Organization 0402005, EconWPA.
- Böckerman, Petri & Riihimäki, Elisa, 2009. "International outsourcing and labour demand: Evidence from Finnish firm-level data," MPRA Paper 16903, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
Keywordsdynamic discrete choice; outsourcing; labor market turnover; fixed effects panel estimation;
- F16 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade and Labor Market Interactions
- J63 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Turnover; Vacancies; Layoffs
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- C25 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Discrete Regression and Qualitative Choice Models; Discrete Regressors; Proportions; Probabilities
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2003-11-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-DCM-2003-11-16 (Discrete Choice Models)
- NEP-LAB-2003-11-16 (Labour Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp921. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.