The Impact of Real Exchange Rate Shocks on Manufacturing Workers: An Autopsy from the MORG
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Roine, Jesper & Vlachos, Jonas & Waldenström, Daniel, 2009.
"The long-run determinants of inequality: What can we learn from top income data?,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 93(7-8), pages 974-988, August.
- Roine, Jesper & Vlachos, Jonas & Waldenström, Daniel, 2007. "The Long-run Determinants of Inequality: What Can We Learn from Top Income Data?," Working Paper Series 721, Research Institute of Industrial Economics, revised 01 Apr 2009.
- Campbell, Douglas L., 2016.
"Measurement matters: Productivity-adjusted weighted average relative price indices,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 45-81.
- Douglas L. Campbell, 2015. "Measurement Matters: Productivity-Adjusted Weighted Average Relative Price Indices," Working Papers w0216, Center for Economic and Financial Research (CEFIR).
- John H. Rogers & Chiara Scotti & Jonathan H. Wright, 2014. "Evaluating asset-market effects of unconventional monetary policy: a multi-country review," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 29(80), pages 749-799, October.
- Nicolas Berman & Philippe Martin & Thierry Mayer, 2012. "How do Different Exporters React to Exchange Rate Changes?," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 127(1), pages 437-492.
- Edward E. Leamer, 1994. "Trade, Wages and Revolving Door Ideas," NBER Working Papers 4716, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rogers, John H. & Scotti, Chiara & Wright, Jonathan H., 2014. "Evaluating Asset-Market Effects of Unconventional Monetary Policy: A Cross-Country Comparison," International Finance Discussion Papers 1101, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Pierre-Olivier Gourinchas, 1999.
"Exchange Rates and Jobs: What Do We Learn from Job Flows?,"
NBER Chapters,in: NBER Macroeconomics Annual 1998, volume 13, pages 153-222
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pierre-Olivier Gourinchas, 1998. "Exchange Rates and Jobs: What Do We Learn from Job Flows?," NBER Working Papers 6864, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Douglas L. Campbell & Lester Lusher, 2016. "Trade Shocks, Taxes, and Inequality," Working Papers w0220, Center for Economic and Financial Research (CEFIR).
- Robert Z. Lawrence, 2008.
"Blue-Collar Blues: Is Trade to Blame for Rising US Income Inequality?,"
Peterson Institute Press: Policy Analyses in International Economics,
Peterson Institute for International Economics, number pa85, January.
- Robert Z. Lawrence, 2008. "Blue-Collar Blues: Is Trade to Blame for Rising US Income Inequality?," Peterson Institute Press: All Books, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number pa85.
- Douglas L. Campbell, 2014.
"Through the Looking Glass: A WARPed View of Real Exchange Rate History,"
w0210, Center for Economic and Financial Research (CEFIR).
- Campbell, Douglas L & Pyun, Ju Hyun, 2014. "Through the Looking Glass: A WARPed View of Real Exchange Rate History," MPRA Paper 55870, University Library of Munich, Germany.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- Ben Bernanke, in Denial? "When Growth is Not Enough"
by Doug Campbell in Douglas L. Campbell on 2017-07-09 13:14:00
- Is US Manufacturing Really Great Again?
by Doug Campbell in Douglas L. Campbell on 2017-05-09 23:36:00
More about this item
KeywordsReal Exchange Rates; Labor Market Impact of Trade Shocks; Inequality; American Manufacturing;
- F10 - International Economics - - Trade - - - General
- F16 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade and Labor Market Interactions
- F41 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Open Economy Macroeconomics
- N60 - Economic History - - Manufacturing and Construction - - - General, International, or Comparative
- L60 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2017-01-01 (All new papers)
- NEP-INT-2017-01-01 (International Trade)
- NEP-OPM-2017-01-01 (Open Economy Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cfr:cefirw:w0223. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Julia Babich). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cefirru.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.