Employment, job turnover, and trade in producer services: UK firm-level evidence
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Alex Hijzen & Mauro Pisu & Richard Upward & Peter Wright, "undated". "Employment, Job Turnover and the Trade in Producer Services: Firm-level Evidence," Discussion Papers 07/37, University of Nottingham, GEP.
References listed on IDEAS
- James Markusen, 2005.
"Modeling the Offshoring of White-Collar Services: From Comparative Advantage to the New Theories of Trade and FDI,"
NBER Working Papers
11827, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Markusen, James R., 2005. "Modeling the Offshoring of White-Collar Services: From Comparative Advantage to the New Theories of Trade and FDI," CEPR Discussion Papers 5408, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Biscourp, Pierre & Kramarz, Francis, 2007.
"Employment, skill structure and international trade: Firm-level evidence for France,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 22-51, May.
- Pierre Biscourp & Francis Kramarz, 2004. "Employment, Skill Structure and International Trade : Firm-level Evidence for France," Working Papers 2004-28, Center for Research in Economics and Statistics.
- Steven J. Davis & John Haltiwanger, 1992.
"Gross Job Creation, Gross Job Destruction, and Employment Reallocation,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 107(3), pages 819-863.
- Steve J. Davis & John Haltiwanger, 1990. "Gross Job Creation, Gross Job Destruction and Employment Reallocation," Working Papers 90-4, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Steve J. Davis & John Haltiwanger, 1991. "Gross Job Creation, Gross Job Destruction and Employment Reallocation," NBER Working Papers 3728, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Steve J. Davis & John Haltiwanger, 1991. "Gross job creation, gross job destruction and employment reallocation," Working Paper Series, Macroeconomic Issues 91-5, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Megan MacGarvie, 2006. "Do Firms Learn from International Trade?," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 88(1), pages 46-60, February.
- Ronald W. Jones, 2000. "A Framework for Fragmentation," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 00-056/2, Tinbergen Institute.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Joseph Francois & Bernard Hoekman, 2010.
"Services Trade and Policy,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 48(3), pages 642-692, September.
- Francois, Joseph & Hoekman, Bernard, 2009. "Services Trade and Policy," CEPR Discussion Papers 7616, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Joseph F. Francois & Bernard Hoekman, 2009. "Services Trade and Policy," Economics working papers 2009-03, Department of Economics, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
- Joseph F. Francois & B. Hoekman, 2009. "Services Trade and Policy," wiiw Working Papers 60, The Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies, wiiw.
- Ingo Geishecker & Holger Görg, 2013.
"Services offshoring and wages: evidence from micro data,"
Oxford Economic Papers,
Oxford University Press, vol. 65(1), pages 124-146, January.
- Ingo Geishecker & Holger Görg, "undated". "Services Offshoring and Wages: Evidence from Micro Data," Discussion Papers 08/22, University of Nottingham, GEP.
- Geishecker, Ingo & Görg, Holger, 2011. "Services offshoring and wages: Evidence from micro data," CEPR Discussion Papers 8628, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Geishecker, Ingo & Görg, Holger, 2008. "Services Offshoring and Wages: Evidence from Micro Data," IZA Discussion Papers 3593, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Rosario Crinò, 2012.
"Service Offshoring and the Skill Composition of Labour Demand,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics,
Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 74(1), pages 20-57, February.
- Rosario Crinò, 2010. "Service Offshoring and the Skill Composition of Labor Demand," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 802.10, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Breinlich, Holger & Criscuolo, Chiara, 2011.
"International trade in services: A portrait of importers and exporters,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 84(2), pages 188-206, July.
- Breinlich, Holger & Criscuolo, Chiara, 2010. "International Trade in Services: A Portrait of Importers and Exporters," CEPR Discussion Papers 7837, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Holger Breinlich & Chiara Criscuolo, 2008. "Service Traders in the UK," CEP Discussion Papers dp0901, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Görg, Holger & Jabbour, Liza, 2015. "Availability of business services and outward investment: Evidence from French firms," Kiel Working Papers 2008, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Elisa Borghi & Rosario Crinò, 2013. "Service offshoring and wages: worker-level evidence from Italy," LIUC Papers in Economics 264, Cattaneo University (LIUC).
- Jože Damijan & Stefanie A. Haller & Ville Kaitila & Črt Kostevc & Mika Maliranta & Emmanuel Milet & Daniel Mirza & Matija Rojec, 2015.
"The Performance of Trading Firms in the Services Sectors – Comparable Evidence from Four EU Countries,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(12), pages 1809-1849, December.
- Damijan, Joe & Haller, Stefanie A. & Kaitila, Ville & Maliranta, Mika & Milet, Emmanuel & Rojec, Matija & Mirza, Daniel, 2012. "The performance of trading firms in the services sectors Comparable evidence from four EU countries," Discussion Papers 1284, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Joze P.Damijan & Stefanie A. Haller & Ville Kaitila & Mika Malirante & Emmanuel Milet & Matija Rojec, 2012. "The performance of trading firms in the services sectors – Comparable evidence from four EU countries," LICOS Discussion Papers 31712, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Linda Andersson & Patrik Karpaty & Selen Savsin, 2016. "Firm-level effects of offshoring of materials and services on relative labor demand," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 152(2), pages 321-350, May.
- Carmine Ornaghi & Ilke Van Beveren & Stijn vanormelingen,, 2017.
"The impact of service and goods offshoring on employment : Firm-level evidence,"
Working Paper Research
319, National Bank of Belgium.
- Carmine Ornaghi & Ilke Van Beveren & Stijn Vanormelingen, 2017. "The impact of service and goods offshoring on employment: firm-level evidence," Working Papers 1704, Council on Economic Policies.
- repec:taf:intecj:v:31:y:2017:i:2:p:245-296 is not listed on IDEAS
- Pedro S. Martins, 2016. "Employment Resilience through Services Exports? Evidence from Matched Employer-Employee Data," Working Papers 79, Queen Mary, University of London, School of Business and Management, Centre for Globalisation Research.
- Alexander Hijzen & Peter Wright, 2010. "Migration, trade and wages," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 23(4), pages 1189-1211, September.
- Rosario Crinò, "undated".
"Service Offshoring and White-Collar Employment,"
391, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Rosario Crinò, 2009. "Service Offshoring and White-Collar Employment," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 775.09, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Rosario CrinÃ², 2007. "Service Offshoring and White-Collar Employment," CESifo Working Paper Series 2040, CESifo Group Munich.
- repec:bla:worlde:v:40:y:2017:i:2:p:240-274 is not listed on IDEAS
- Geishecker, Ingo & Riedl, Maximilian & Frijters, Paul, 2012. "Offshoring and job loss fears: An econometric analysis of individual perceptions," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(5), pages 738-747.
- Martin Borowiecki & Bernhard Dachs & Doris Hanzl-Weiss & Steffen Kinkel & Johannes Pöschl & Magdolna Sass & Thomas Christian Schmall & Robert Stehrer & Andrea Szalavetz, 2012. "Global Value Chains and the EU Industry," wiiw Research Reports 383, The Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies, wiiw.
- Davide Castellani & Maria Mancusi & Grazia Santangelo & Antonello Zanfei, 2015. "Special section: Offshoring, immigration and the labour market: a micro-level perspective," Economia e Politica Industriale: Journal of Industrial and Business Economics, Springer;Associazione Amici di Economia e Politica Industriale, vol. 42(2), pages 157-162, June.
- Daniel Baumgarten, 2015. "International trade and worker flows: empirical evidence for Germany," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 151(3), pages 589-608, August.
More about this item
- F16 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade and Labor Market Interactions
- F2 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business
- J23 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Demand
- J63 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Turnover; Vacancies; Layoffs
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cje:issued:v:44:y:2011:i:3:p:1020-1043. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Prof. Werner Antweiler). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ceaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.