Trade liberalisation and industrial response: the case of Chile (1974-1987)
Since 1974 Chile has experienced a radical and thorough process of restructuring. An examination is undertaken of the impact of the liberalisation of international transactions on the industrial sector in Chile during the period 1974 to 1987. Particular attention is focused on the way this affected responses from companies.
Volume (Year): 47 (1994)
Issue (Month): 191 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.economiacivile.it|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.economiacivile.it|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Corbo, Vittorio & Solimano, Andres, 1991. "Chile's experience with stabilization, revisited," Policy Research Working Paper Series 579, The World Bank.
- Balassa, Bela, 1989. "Outward orientation," Handbook of Development Economics, in: Hollis Chenery & T.N. Srinivasan (ed.), Handbook of Development Economics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 31, pages 1645-1689 Elsevier.
- Joseph E. Stiglitz, 1991. "Government, Financial Markets, and Economic Development," NBER Working Papers 3669, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pack, Howard & Westphal, Larry E., 1986. "Industrial strategy and technological change : Theory versus reality," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 87-128, June.
- Lall, Sanjaya, 1992. "Technological capabilities and industrialization," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 165-186, February.
- Tybout, James & de Melo, Jaime & Corbo, Vittorio, 1990.
"The effects of trade reforms on scale and technical efficiency : new evidence from Chile,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
481, The World Bank.
- Tybout, James & de Melo, Jamie & Corbo, Vittorio, 1991. "The effects of trade reforms on scale and technical efficiency : New evidence from Chile," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(3-4), pages 231-250, November.
- Corbo, Vittorio & de Melo, Jaime & Tybout, James, 1986. "What Went Wrong with the Recent Reforms in the Southern Cone," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 34(3), pages 607-40, April.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1989. "Markets, Market Failures, and Development," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(2), pages 197-203, May.
- Ffrench-Davis, Ricardo, 1983. "The monetarist experiment in Chile: A critical survey," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 11(11), pages 905-926, November.
- Tybout, James R., 1991. "Researching the trade - productivity link : new directions," Policy Research Working Paper Series 638, The World Bank.
- Yotopoulos, Pan A., 1989. "The (rip) tide of privatization: Lessons from Chile," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 17(5), pages 683-702, May.
- Cohen, Wesley M & Levinthal, Daniel A, 1989. "Innovation and Learning: The Two Faces of R&D," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 99(397), pages 569-96, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:psl:bnlqrr:1994:44. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Carlo D'Ippoliti)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.