Land consolidation as technical change: Economic impacts in rural Vietnam
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- C. Peter Timmer, 2014.
"Food Security in Asia and the Pacific: The Rapidly Changing Role of Rice,"
Asia and the Pacific Policy Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 1(1), pages 73-90, January.
- Peter Timmer, 2014. "Food Security in Asia and the Pacific: The Rapidly Changing Role of Rice," Asia and the Pacific Policy Studies 201406, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Tan, Shuhao & Heerink, Nico & Kruseman, Gideon & Qu, Futian, 2008. "Do fragmented landholdings have higher production costs? Evidence from rice farmers in Northeastern Jiangxi province, P.R. China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 347-358, September.
- Blarel, Benoit, et al, 1992. "The Economics of Farm Fragmentation: Evidence from Ghana and Rwanda," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 6(2), pages 233-254, May.
- Van Hung, Pham & MacAulay, T. Gordon & Marsh, Sally P., 2007. "The economics of land fragmentation in the north of Vietnam," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 51(2), pages 1-17.
- Martin Ravallion & Dominique van de Walle, 2008. "Land in Transition : Reform and Poverty in Rural Vietnam," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6433, Juni.
- Benjamin, Dwayne, 1995. "Can unobserved land quality explain the inverse productivity relationship?," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 51-84, February.
- Tom Kompas & Tuong Nhu Che & Hoa Thi Minh Nguyen & Ha Quang Nguyen, 2012.
"Productivity, Net Returns, and Efficiency: Land and Market Reform in Vietnamese Rice Production,"
Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 88(3), pages 478-495.
- Tom Kompas & Tuong Nhu Che & Ha Quang Nguyen & Hoa Thi Minh Nguyen, 2009. "Productivity, Net Returns and Efficiency: Land and Market Reform in Vietnamese Rice Production," International and Development Economics Working Papers idec09-02, International and Development Economics.
- Cragg, John G, 1971. "Some Statistical Models for Limited Dependent Variables with Application to the Demand for Durable Goods," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 39(5), pages 829-844, September.
- Wooldridge, Jeffrey M., 1995. "Selection corrections for panel data models under conditional mean independence assumptions," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 115-132, July.
- Nicholas Minot & Francesco Goletti, 1998. "Export Liberalization and Household Welfare: The Case of Rice in Vietnam," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 80(4), pages 738-749.
- Rahman, Sanzidur, 2009.
"Whether crop diversification is a desired strategy for agricultural growth in Bangladesh?,"
Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 340-349, August.
- Rahman, Sanzidur, 2008. "Whether crop diversification is a desired strategy for agricultural growth in Bangladesh," 82nd Annual Conference, March 31 - April 2, 2008, Royal Agricultural College, Cirencester, UK 36867, Agricultural Economics Society.
- Nguyen, Huy Quynh, 2017. "Analyzing the economies of crop diversification in rural Vietnam using an input distance function," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 153(C), pages 148-156.
- Dominique Van De Walle & Dorothyjean Cratty, 2004.
"Is the emerging non‐farm market economy the route out of poverty in Vietnam?,"
The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 12(2), pages 237-274, June.
- Van der Walle, Dominique & Cratty, Dorothyjean, 2003. "Is the emerging nonfarm market economy the route out of poverty in Vietnam?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2950, The World Bank.
- Marsh, Sally P. & MacAulay, T. Gordon & Van Hung, Pham (ed.), 2006. "Agricultural Development and Land Policy in Vietnam," Monographs, Australian Centre for International Agricultural Research, number 114071, Autumn.
- Keijiro Otsuka & Yanyan Liu & Futoshi Yamauchi, 2013.
"Factor Endowments, Wage Growth, and Changing Food Self-Sufficiency: Evidence from Country-Level Panel Data,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 95(5), pages 1252-1258.
- Otsuka, Keijiro & Liu, Yanyan & Yamauchi, Futoshi, 2013. "Factor endowments, wage growth, and changing food self-sufficiency: Evidence from country-level panel data," IFPRI discussion papers 1246, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Klaus Deininger & Songqing Jin, 2008.
"Land Sales and Rental Markets in Transition: Evidence from Rural Vietnam,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 70(1), pages 67-101, February.
- Deininger, Klaus & Songqing Jin, 2003. "Land sales and rental markets in transition - evidence from rural Viet Nam," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3013, The World Bank.
- Deininger, Klaus W. & Jin, Songqing, 2005. "Land Sales and Rental Markets in Transition: Evidence from Rural Vietnam," 2005 Annual meeting, July 24-27, Providence, RI 19359, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Guang Wan & Enjiang Cheng, 2001. "Effects of land fragmentation and returns to scale in the Chinese farming sector," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(2), pages 183-194.
- Lau, Lawrence J & Yotopoulos, Pan A, 1971. "A Test for Relative Efficiency and Application to Indian Agriculture," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 61(1), pages 94-109, March.
- Benedito Cunguara & Augustine Langyintuo & Ika Darnhofer, 2011. "The role of nonfarm income in coping with the effects of drought in southern Mozambique," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 42(6), pages 701-713, November.
- Kien T. Le, 2010. "Separation Hypothesis Tests in the Agricultural Household Model," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 92(5), pages 1420-1431.
- Lai, Wangyang & Roe, Brian & Liu, Yumei, 2015. "Estimating the Effect of Land Fragmentation on Machinery Use and Crop Production," 2015 AAEA & WAEA Joint Annual Meeting, July 26-28, San Francisco, California 205280, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Oldenburg, Philip, 1990. "Land consolidation as land reform, in India," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 183-195, February.
- Matshe, Innocent & Young, Trevor, 2004. "Off-farm labour allocation decisions in small-scale rural households in Zimbabwe," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 30(3), pages 175-186, May.
- Jolliffe, Dean, 2004. "The impact of education in rural Ghana: examining household labor allocation and returns on and off the farm," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 73(1), pages 287-314, February.
- Pham Van Hung & T. Gordon MacAulay & Sally P. Marsh, 2007. "The economics of land fragmentation in the north of Vietnam ," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 51(2), pages 195-211, June.
- Patrick Hitayezu & Julius Juma Okello & Christopher Obel-Gor, 2014. "Farm households' participation in rural non-farm employment in post-war Rwanda: Drivers and policy implications," Development Southern Africa, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(3), pages 452-474, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Xin Deng & Zhongcheng Yan & Dingde Xu & Yanbin Qi, 2020. "Land Registration, Adjustment Experience, and Agricultural Machinery Adoption: Empirical Analysis from Rural China," Land, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(3), pages 1-14, March.
- Guo, Beibei & Fang, Yelin & Jin, Xiaobin & zhou, Yinkang, 2020. "Monitoring the effects of land consolidation on the ecological environmental quality based on remote sensing: A case study of Chaohu Lake Basin, China," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 95(C).
More about this item
KeywordsLand consolidation; Factor-biased technical change; Rural diversification; Machinery use; Rice output;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:127:y:2020:i:c:s0305750x19303997. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.