2016, Volume 148, Issue C
- 1-11 Crop selection under price and yield fluctuation: Analysis of agro-economic time series from South Korea
by Lee, Heera & Bogner, Christina & Lee, Saem & Koellner, Thomas
- 12-27 Social and economic impacts of subsidy policies on rural development in the Poyang Lake Region, China: Insights from an agent-based model
by Tian, Qing & Holland, John H. & Brown, Daniel G.
- 28-37 Effect of winter feeding systems on farm greenhouse gas emissions
by Alemu, A.W. & Doce, R.R. & Dick, A.C. & Basarab, J.A. & Kröbel, R. & Haugen-Kozyra, K. & Baron, V.S.
- 38-43 Participatory impact assessment: Bridging the gap between scientists' theory and farmers' practice
by Schindler, Jana & Graef, Frieder & König, Hannes Jochen
- 44-57 Greening and producing: An economic assessment framework for integrating trees in cropping systems
by Van Vooren, Laura & Reubens, Bert & Broekx, Steven & Pardon, Paul & Reheul, Dirk & van Winsen, Frankwin & Verheyen, Kris & Wauters, Erwin & Lauwers, Ludwig
- 58-70 Waking the Sleeping Giant: Agricultural intensification, extensification or stagnation in Mali's Guinea Savannah
by Ollenburger, Mary H. & Descheemaeker, Katrien & Crane, Todd A. & Sanogo, Ousmane M. & Giller, Ken E.
- 71-74 Soil sensing: A new paradigm for agriculture
by Viscarra Rossel, Raphael A. & Bouma, Johan
- 75-85 A simulation-based approach for evaluating the effects of farm type, management, and rainfall on the water footprint of sheep grazing systems in a semi-arid environment
by Toro-Mujica, Paula & Aguilar, Claudio & Vera, Raúl & Cornejo, Karen
- 86-94 CMFDM: A methodology to guide the design of a conceptual model of farmers' decision-making processes
by Robert, Marion & Dury, Jérôme & Thomas, Alban & Therond, Olivier & Sekhar, Muddu & Badiger, Shrini & Ruiz, Laurent & Bergez, Jacques-Eric
- 95-104 A life cycle assessment of the effect of intensification on the environmental impacts and resource use of grass-based sheep farming
by O'Brien, D. & Bohan, A. & McHugh, N. & Shalloo, L.
- 105-113 A participative network of organic and conventional crop farms in the Seine Basin (France) for evaluating nitrate leaching and yield performance
by Benoit, Marie & Garnier, Josette & Beaudoin, Nicolas & Billen, Gilles
- 114-123 Resource allocation in pastoral dairy production systems: Evaluating exact and genetic algorithms approaches
by Notte, Gastón & Pedemonte, Martín & Cancela, Héctor & Chilibroste, Pablo
- 124-134 Description and validation of the Teagasc Lamb Production Model
by Bohan, A. & Shalloo, L. & Malcolm, B. & Ho, C.K.M. & Creighton, P. & Boland, T.M. & McHugh, N.
- 135-148 Modelling the sensitivity of agricultural systems to climate change and extreme climatic events
by Harrison, Matthew T. & Cullen, Brendan R. & Rawnsley, Richard P.
- 149-158 Spatial and temporal dimensions of agricultural land use changes, 2001–2012, East-Central Iowa
by Ren, Jie & Campbell, James B. & Shao, Yang
- 159-168 Accounting for interannual variability in agricultural intensification: The potential of crop selection in Sub-Saharan Africa
by Bodin, P. & Olin, S. & Pugh, T.A.M. & Arneth, A.
- 169-177 Environmental efficiency of olive oil production by small and micro-scale farmers in northern Jordan: Life cycle assessment
by El Hanandeh, Ali & Gharaibeh, Mamoun A.
- 178-187 Simplifying the prediction of phenology with the DSSAT-CROPGRO-soybean model based on relative maturity group and determinacy
by Salmerón, Montserrat & Purcell, Larry C.
2016, Volume 147, Issue C
- 1-9 Effectiveness of agronomic practices in dealing with climate change impacts in the Australian cotton industry — A simulation study
by Luo, Qunying & Bange, Michael & Braunack, Michael & Johnston, David
- 10-23 Effect of sowing date distributions on simulation of maize yields at regional scale – A case study in Central Ghana, West Africa
by Srivastava, Amit Kumar & Mboh, Cho Miltin & Gaiser, Thomas & Webber, Heidi & Ewert, Frank
- 24-37 Modeling European ruminant production systems: Facing the challenges of climate change
by Kipling, Richard P. & Bannink, André & Bellocchi, Gianni & Dalgaard, Tommy & Fox, Naomi J. & Hutchings, Nicholas J. & Kjeldsen, Chris & Lacetera, Nicola & Sinabell, Franz & Topp, Cairistiona F.E. & van Oijen, Marcel & Virkajärvi, Perttu & Scollan, Nigel D.
- 38-50 Considering change: Evaluating four years of participatory experimentation with farmers in Tigray (Ethiopia) highlighting both functional and human–social aspects
by Kraaijvanger, Richard & Veldkamp, Tom & Almekinders, Conny
- 51-64 A methodology to assess the impact of climate variability and change on water resources, food security and economic welfare
by Gohar, Abdelaziz A. & Cashman, Adrian
- 65-75 Winners and losers from climate change in agriculture: Insights from a case study in the Mediterranean basin
by Dono, Gabriele & Cortignani, Raffaele & Dell'Unto, Davide & Deligios, Paola & Doro, Luca & Lacetera, Nicola & Mula, Laura & Pasqui, Massimiliano & Quaresima, Sara & Vitali, Andrea & Roggero, Pier Paolo
- 76-86 The value of seasonal forecasts for irrigated, supplementary irrigated, and rainfed wheat cropping systems in northwest Mexico
by Ramírez-Rodrigues, Melissa A. & Alderman, Phillip D. & Stefanova, Lydia & Cossani, C. Mariano & Flores, Dagoberto & Asseng, Senthold
- 87-97 Co-design and assessment of cropping systems for developing crop-livestock integration at the territory level
by Moraine, Marc & Grimaldi, Juliette & Murgue, Clément & Duru, Michel & Therond, Olivier
- 98-110 Evaluating climate adaptation strategies on agricultural production in the Siminehrud catchment and inflow into Lake Urmia, Iran using SWAT within an OECD framework
by Rezaei Zaman, Mostafa & Morid, Saeed & Delavar, Majid
- 111-122 Towards better metrics and policymaking for seed system development: Insights from Asia's seed industry
by Spielman, David J. & Kennedy, Adam
- 123-131 Improving livestock production efficiencies presents a major opportunity to reduce sectoral greenhouse gas emissions
by Hyland, J.J. & Styles, D. & Jones, D.L. & Williams, A.P.
2016, Volume 146, Issue C
- 1-10 Status of mineral nitrogen fertilization and net mitigation potential of the state fertilization recommendation in Chinese cropland
by Zhang, Guo & Wang, Xiaoke & Sun, Binfeng & Zhao, Hong & Lu, Fei & Zhang, Lu
- 11-19 Exploring genotype, management, and environmental variables influencing grain yield of late-sown maize in central Argentina
by Gambin, Brenda L. & Coyos, Tomás & Di Mauro, Guido & Borrás, Lucas & Garibaldi, Lucas A.
- 20-29 Increasing energy and protein use efficiency improves opportunities to decrease land use, water use, and greenhouse gas emissions from dairy production
by White, Robin R.
- 30-43 Revised VegSyst model to calculate dry matter production, critical N uptake and ETc of several vegetable species grown in Mediterranean greenhouses
by Gallardo, M. & Fernández, M.D. & Giménez, C. & Padilla, F.M. & Thompson, R.B.
- 44-54 Livestock wealth and social capital as insurance against climate risk: A case study of Samburu County in Kenya
by Ng’ang’a, Stanley Karanja & Bulte, Erwin H. & Giller, Ken E. & Ndiwa, Nicholas N. & Kifugo, Shem C. & McIntire, John M. & Herrero, Mario & Rufino, Mariana C.
- 55-69 Cost-efficiency of animal welfare in broiler production systems: A pilot study using the Welfare Quality® assessment protocol
by Gocsik, Éva & Brooshooft, Suzanne D. & de Jong, Ingrid C. & Saatkamp, Helmut W.
- 70-79 Environmental and economic performance of beef farming systems with different feeding strategies in southern Brazil
by Pashaei Kamali, Farahnaz & van der Linden, Aart & Meuwissen, Miranda P.M. & Malafaia, Guilherme Cunha & Oude Lansink, Alfons G.J.M. & de Boer, Imke J.M.
- 80-90 Smallholder farmers' motivations for using Conservation Agriculture and the roles of yield, labour and soil fertility in decision making
by Lalani, Baqir & Dorward, Peter & Holloway, Garth & Wauters, Erwin
- 91-102 Analysing reduced tillage practices within a bio-economic modelling framework
by Townsend, Toby J. & Ramsden, Stephen J. & Wilson, Paul
- 103-110 Imperfect forecasts and decision making in agriculture
by Kusunose, Yoko & Mahmood, Rezaul
- 111-119 Exploring yield gaps in smallholder oil palm production systems in eastern Sumatra, Indonesia
by Euler, Michael & Hoffmann, Munir P. & Fathoni, Zakky & Schwarze, Stefan
- 120-128 A longitudinal analysis of some Australian broadacre farms' greenhouse gas emissions, farming systems and efficiency of production
by Kingwell, Ross & Marie Jeanne, Rose & Hailu, Atakelty
- 129-141 Assessing the capacity of Australian broadacre mixed farmers to adapt to climate change: Identifying constraints and opportunities
by Brown, Peter R. & Bridle, Kerry L. & Crimp, Steven J.
- 142-155 Impact of climate changes on existing crop-livestock farming systems
by Ghahramani, Afshin & Moore, Andrew D.
2016, Volume 145, Issue C
- 1-12 Global warming potential and abatement costs of different peatland management options: A case study for the Pre-alpine Hill and Moorland in Germany
by Krimly, Tatjana & Angenendt, Elisabeth & Bahrs, Enno & Dabbert, Stephan
- 13-23 Using seasonal stochastic dynamic programming to identify optimal management decisions that achieve maximum economic sustainable yields from grasslands under climate risk
by Behrendt, Karl & Cacho, Oscar & Scott, James M. & Jones, Randall
- 24-38 Classification and valuation of soil ecosystem services
by Jónsson, Jón Örvar G. & Davíðsdóttir, Brynhildur
- 39-50 Climate change impacts on farm production, landscape appearance, and the environment: Policy scenario results from an integrated field-farm-landscape model in Austria
by Schönhart, Martin & Schauppenlehner, Thomas & Kuttner, Michael & Kirchner, Mathias & Schmid, Erwin
- 51-63 Simulating cultivar variations in potato yields for contrasting environments
by Kleinwechter, Ulrich & Gastelo, Manuel & Ritchie, Joe & Nelson, Gerald & Asseng, Senthold
- 64-75 Meat and milk production scenarios and the associated land footprint in Kenya
by Bosire, Caroline K. & Krol, Maarten S. & Mekonnen, Mesfin M. & Ogutu, Joseph O. & de Leeuw, Jan & Lannerstad, Mats & Hoekstra, Arjen Y.
- 76-82 An ecological footprint approach to environmental–economic evaluation of farm results
by Blasi, E. & Passeri, N. & Franco, S. & Galli, A.
- 83-89 Modelling soil organic carbon in Danish agricultural soils suggests low potential for future carbon sequestration
by Taghizadeh-Toosi, Arezoo & Olesen, Jørgen E.
- 90-98 Reducing greenhouse gas emissions from a wheat–maize rotation system while still maintaining productivity
by Li, Jianzheng & Wang, Enli & Wang, Yingchun & Xing, Hongtao & Wang, Daolong & Wang, Ligang & Gao, Chunyu
- 99-105 Participatory Innovation: Lessons from breeding cooperatives
by Borgen, Svein Ole & Aarset, Bernt
- 106-115 Environmental benefits of canola production in 2010 compared to 1990: A life cycle perspective
by MacWilliam, Susan & Sanscartier, David & Lemke, Reynald & Wismer, Monique & Baron, Vern
- 116-126 An assessment of the energy footprint of dairy farms in Missouri and Emilia-Romagna
by Pagani, Marco & Vittuari, Matteo & Johnson, Thomas G. & De Menna, Fabio
- 127-138 Examining the effects of absorptive capacity and social capital on the adoption of agricultural innovations: A Canadian Prairie case study
by Micheels, Eric T. & Nolan, James F.
- 139-149 Doubled-up legume rotations improve soil fertility and maintain productivity under variable conditions in maize-based cropping systems in Malawi
by Smith, Alex & Snapp, Sieglinde & Dimes, John & Gwenambira, Chiwimbo & Chikowo, Regis
- 150-164 Food shortages are associated with droughts, floods, frosts and ENSO in Papua New Guinea
by Cobon, David H. & Ewai, Maureen & Inape, Kasis & Bourke, R. Michael
- 165-176 Sustainable intensification of agricultural systems in the Central African Highlands: The need for institutional innovation
by Schut, Marc & van Asten, Piet & Okafor, Chris & Hicintuka, Cyrille & Mapatano, Sylvain & Nabahungu, Nsharwasi Léon & Kagabo, Desire & Muchunguzi, Perez & Njukwe, Emmanuel & Dontsop-Nguezet, Paul M. & Sartas, Murat & Vanlauwe, Bernard
2016, Volume 144, Issue C
- 1-8 Assessing the diversity of values and goals amongst Brazilian commercial-scale progressive beef farmers using Q-methodology
by Pereira, Mariana A. & Fairweather, John R. & Woodford, Keith B. & Nuthall, Peter L.
- 9-21 Exploring the challenges with soil data in regional land use analysis
by Hendriks, C.M.J. & Stoorvogel, J.J. & Claessens, L.
- 22-32 Alternative options for sustainable intensification of smallholder dairy farms in North-West Michoacán, Mexico
by Cortez-Arriola, José & Groot, Jeroen C.J. & Rossing, Walter A.H. & Scholberg, Johannes M.S. & Améndola Massiotti, Ricardo D. & Tittonell, Pablo
- 33-45 Economic assessment of conservation agriculture options in mixed crop-livestock systems in Brazil using farm modelling
by Alary, V. & Corbeels, M. & Affholder, F. & Alvarez, S. & Soria, A. & Valadares Xavier, J.H. & da Silva, F.A.M. & Scopel, E.
- 46-57 An efficient irrigation water allocation model under uncertainty
by Li, Mo & Guo, Ping & Singh, Vijay P.
- 58-64 Actual provision as an alternative criterion to improve the efficiency of payments for ecosystem services for C sequestration in semiarid vineyards
by Galati, Antonino & Crescimanno, Maria & Gristina, Luciano & Keesstra, Saskia & Novara, Agata
- 65-76 Dynamic economic modelling of crop rotations with farm management practices under future pest pressure
by Liu, Xing & Lehtonen, Heikki & Purola, Tuomo & Pavlova, Yulia & Rötter, Reimund & Palosuo, Taru
- 77-86 Exploring climate change impacts and adaptations of extensive pastoral agriculture systems by combining biophysical simulation and farm system models
by Lieffering, Mark & Newton, Paul C.D. & Vibart, Ronaldo & Li, Frank Y.
- 87-100 A multi-level analysis of China's phosphorus flows to identify options for improved management in agriculture
by Li, Guohua & van Ittersum, Martin K. & Leffelaar, Peter A. & Sattari, Sheida Z. & Li, Haigang & Huang, Gaoqiang & Zhang, Fusuo
- 101-112 Intensification, nitrogen use and recovery in grazing-based dairy systems
by Stott, Kerry J. & Gourley, Cameron J.P.
- 113-121 Economic value of mitigating Actinobacillus pleuropneumoniae infections in pig fattening herds
by Stygar, Anna H. & Niemi, Jarkko K. & Oliviero, Claudio & Laurila, Tapio & Heinonen, Mari
- 122-132 Why Danish pig farms have far more land and pigs than Dutch farms? Implications for feed supply, manure recycling and production costs
by Willems, Jaap & van Grinsven, Hans J.M. & Jacobsen, Brian H. & Jensen, Tenna & Dalgaard, Tommy & Westhoek, Henk & Kristensen, Ib Sillebak
- 133-143 Environmental impacts of cow-calf beef systems with contrasted grassland management and animal production strategies in the Massif Central, France
by Morel, Kevin & Farrié, Jean-Pierre & Renon, Julien & Manneville, Vincent & Agabriel, Jacques & Devun, Jean
- 144-155 Integrated assessment of agro-ecological systems: The case study of the “Alta Murgia” National park in Italy
by Moretti, Michele & De Boni, Annalisa & Roma, Rocco & Fracchiolla, Mariano & Van Passel, Steven
2016, Volume 143, Issue C
- 1-13 Pesticide use and cooperative management of natural enemy habitat in a framed field experiment
by Bell, Andrew & Zhang, Wei & Nou, Keosothea
- 14-21 Assessing rice productivity and adaptation strategies for Southeast Asia under climate change through multi-scale crop modeling
by Chun, Jong Ahn & Li, Sanai & Wang, Qingguo & Lee, Woo-Seop & Lee, Eun-Jeong & Horstmann, Nina & Park, Hojeong & Veasna, Touch & Vanndy, Lim & Pros, Khok & Vang, Seng
- 22-37 The impacts of expansion and degradation on Australian cropping yields—An integrated historical perspective
by Turner, Graham M. & Dunlop, Michael & Candy, Seona
- 38-48 Spatial resolution effects on crop yield forecasts: An application to rainfed wheat yield in north Greece with CERES-Wheat
by Mavromatis, T.
- 49-60 Assessment of the effects of shelterbelts on crop yields at the regional scale in Northeast China
by Zheng, Xiao & Zhu, Jiaojun & Xing, Zefeng
- 61-75 Evaluation of the agricultural production systems simulator simulating Lucerne and annual ryegrass dry matter yield in the Argentine Pampas and south-eastern Australia
by Ojeda, J.J. & Pembleton, K.G. & Islam, M.R. & Agnusdei, M.G. & Garcia, S.C.
- 76-85 Canadian farm-level soil carbon change assessment by merging the greenhouse gas model Holos with the Introductory Carbon Balance Model (ICBM)
by Kröbel, R. & Bolinder, M.A. & Janzen, H.H. & Little, S.M. & Vandenbygaart, A.J. & Kätterer, T.
- 86-96 Impact of the intensification of beef production in Brazil on greenhouse gas emissions and land use
by Cardoso, Abmael S. & Berndt, Alexandre & Leytem, April & Alves, Bruno J.R. & de Carvalho, Isabel das N.O. & de Barros Soares, Luis Henrique & Urquiaga, Segundo & Boddey, Robert M.
- 97-105 Pooling and the yardstick effect of cooperatives
by Liang, Qiao & Hendrikse, George
- 106-113 Closing system-wide yield gaps to increase food production and mitigate GHGs among mixed crop–livestock smallholders in Sub-Saharan Africa
by Henderson, B. & Godde, C. & Medina-Hidalgo, D. & van Wijk, M. & Silvestri, S. & Douxchamps, S. & Stephenson, E. & Power, B. & Rigolot, C. & Cacho, O. & Herrero, M.
- 114-125 Is there a future for organic production in high ecological value ecosystems?
by Horrillo, A. & Escribano, M. & Mesias, F.J. & Elghannam, A. & Gaspar, P.
- 126-135 Influence of drought and irrigation on sugarcane yields in different agroecoregions in Mexico
by Santillán-Fernández, A. & Santoyo-Cortés, V.H. & García-Chávez, L.R. & Covarrubias-Gutiérrez, I. & Merino, A.
- 136-146 Evaluating the role of behavioral factors and practical constraints in the performance of an agent-based model of farmer decision making
by Malawska, Anna & Topping, Christopher John
- 147-158 Participatory integrated assessment of scenarios for organic farming at different scales in Camargue, France
by Delmotte, Sylvestre & Barbier, Jean-Marc & Mouret, Jean-Claude & Le Page, Christophe & Wery, Jacques & Chauvelon, Phillipe & Sandoz, Alain & Lopez Ridaura, Santiago
- 159-168 System of Rice Intensification provides environmental and economic gains but at the expense of social sustainability — A multidisciplinary analysis in India
by Gathorne-Hardy, Alfred & Reddy, D. Narasimha & Venkatanarayana, M. & Harriss-White, Barbara
- 169-182 The changing role of bio-physical and socio-economic drivers in determining livestock distributions: A historical perspective from Kazakhstan
by Robinson, S. & Kerven, C. & Behnke, R. & Kushenov, K. & Milner-Gulland, E.J.
- 183-194 Modeling economic-environmental decision making for agricultural land use in Argentinean Pampas
by Cabrini, Silvina M. & Calcaterra, Carlos P.
- 195-202 Straw export in continuous winter wheat and the ability of oil radish catch crops and early sowing of wheat to offset soil C and N losses: A simulation study
by Peltre, C. & Nielsen, M. & Christensen, B.T. & Hansen, E.M. & Thomsen, I.K. & Bruun, S.
- 205-216 Perceiving to learn or learning to perceive? Understanding farmers' perceptions and adaptation to climate uncertainties
by Nguyen, Thi Phuoc Lai & Seddaiu, Giovanna & Virdis, Salvatore Gonario Pasquale & Tidore, Camillo & Pasqui, Massimiliano & Roggero, Pier Paolo
- 217-224 Improving interdisciplinary collaboration in bio-economic modelling for agricultural systems
by Kragt, M.E. & Pannell, D.J. & McVittie, A. & Stott, A.W. & Vosough Ahmadi, B. & Wilson, P.
2016, Volume 142, Issue C
- 1-8 Phosphorus management on Irish dairy farms post controls introduced under the EU Nitrates Directive
by Buckley, Cathal & Wall, David P. & Moran, Brian & O'Neill, Stephen & Murphy, Paul N.C.
- 9-22 Ex-ante analysis of opportunities for the sustainable intensification of maize production in Mozambique
by Roxburgh, Caspar W. & Rodriguez, Daniel
- 23-32 Producing oat drink or cow's milk on a Swedish farm — Environmental impacts considering the service of grazing, the opportunity cost of land and the demand for beef and protein
by Röös, Elin & Patel, Mikaela & Spångberg, Johanna
- 33-40 The Harrington Seed Destructor: Its role and value in farming systems facing the challenge of herbicide-resistant weeds
by Jacobs, A. & Kingwell, R.
- 41-50 Ambient climate and soil effects on the headspace under clear mulch film
by Lisson, S.N. & Tarbath, M. & Corkrey, R. & Pinkard, E.A. & Laycock, B. & Howden, S.M. & Botwright Acuña, T. & Makin, A.
- 51-69 Field-scale modeling of tree–crop interactions: Challenges and development needs
by Luedeling, Eike & Smethurst, Philip J. & Baudron, Frédéric & Bayala, Jules & Huth, Neil I. & van Noordwijk, Meine & Ong, Chin K. & Mulia, Rachmat & Lusiana, Betha & Muthuri, Catherine & Sinclair, Fergus L.
- 70-83 Scenarios for Australian agricultural production and land use to 2050
by Grundy, Michael J. & Bryan, Brett A. & Nolan, Martin & Battaglia, Michael & Hatfield-Dodds, Steve & Connor, Jeffery D. & Keating, Brian A.
- 84-98 Evaluation of the economic feasibility of water harvesting for irrigation in a large semi-arid tropical catchment in northern Australia
by Petheram, C. & McKellar, L. & Holz, L. & Poulton, P. & Podger, S. & Yeates, S.
- 99-111 Carbon footprint of heliciculture: A case study from an Italian experimental farm
by Forte, Annachiara & Zucaro, Amalia & De Vico, Gionata & Fierro, Angelo
- 112-121 Designing a three-dimensional performance measurement system (SMD3D) for the wine industry: A Chilean example
by Valenzuela, Lionel & Maturana, Sergio
- 122-130 Farmers as agents in innovation systems. Empowering farmers for innovation through communities of practice
by Dolinska, Aleksandra & d'Aquino, Patrick
2015, Volume 141, Issue C
- 1-13 Cooperative agricultural production to exploit individual heterogeneity under a delivery target: The case of cotton in Uzbekistan
by Djanibekov, Nodir & Djanibekov, Utkur & Sommer, Rolf & Petrick, Martin
- 14-23 Trade-offs between profit, production, and environmental footprint on pasture-based dairy farms in the Waikato region of New Zealand
by Doole, Graeme J. & Romera, Alvaro J.
- 24-35 Analysing yield trends in the South African sugar industry
by Jones, M.R. & Singels, A.
- 36-47 Impacts of animal genetic gain on the profitability of three different grassland farming systems producing red meat
by Thompson, B.R. & Stevens, D.R. & Bywater, A.C. & Rendel, J.M. & Cox, N.R.
- 48-57 A spatial micro-econometric approach to estimating climate change impacts on wine firm performance: A case study from Moldavia region, Romania
by De Salvo, Maria & Begalli, Diego & Capitello, Roberta & Signorello, Giovanni
- 58-68 Costs and benefits of ammonia and particulate matter abatement in German agriculture including interactions with greenhouse gas emissions
by Wagner, Susanne & Angenendt, Elisabeth & Beletskaya, Olga & Zeddies, Jürgen
- 69-78 Understanding socio-economic and policy constraints to dairy development in Ethiopia: A coupled functional-structural innovation systems analysis
by Kebebe, E. & Duncan, AJ & Klerkx, L. & de Boer, I.J.M. & Oosting, S.J.
- 79-93 How land allocation and technology innovation affect the sustainability of agriculture in Argentina Pampas: An expanded life cycle analysis
by Rótolo, G.C. & Montico, S. & Francis, C.A. & Ulgiati, S.
- 94-106 Improving operational maize yield forecasting in Hungary
by Bussay, Attila & van der Velde, Marijn & Fumagalli, Davide & Seguini, Lorenzo
- 107-112 Which farm characteristics influence work satisfaction? An analysis of two agricultural systems
by Besser, T. & Mann, S.
- 113-120 Optimizing yield distribution under biological and economic constraints: Florida strawberries as a model for perishable commodities
by Wu, Feng & Guan, Zhengfei & Whitaker, Vance
- 121-125 Taken as a given: Evaluating the accuracy of remotely sensed crop data in the USA
by Larsen, Ashley E. & Hendrickson, Brandon T. & Dedeic, Nicholas & MacDonald, Andrew J.
- 126-137 Resource use and benefits of mixed farming approach in arecanut ecosystem in India
by S., Sujatha & Bhat, Ravi
- 138-148 Faba beans for biorefinery feedstock or feed? Greenhouse gas and energy balances of different applications
by Karlsson, Hanna & Ahlgren, Serina & Strid, Ingrid & Hansson, Per-Anders
- 149-159 Combining participatory approaches and an agent-based model for better planning shrimp aquaculture
by Joffre, Olivier M. & Bosma, Roel H. & Ligtenberg, Arend & Tri, Van Pham Dang & Ha, Tran Thi Phung & Bregt, Arnold K.
- 160-173 Sustainable agricultural development in a rural area in the Netherlands? Assessing impacts of climate and socio-economic change at farm and landscape level
by Reidsma, Pytrik & Bakker, Martha M. & Kanellopoulos, Argyris & Alam, Shah J. & Paas, Wim & Kros, Johannes & de Vries, Wim
2015, Volume 140, Issue C
- 1-10 Comparison of the DNDC, LandscapeDNDC and IAP-N-GAS models for simulating nitrous oxide and nitric oxide emissions from the winter wheat–summer maize rotation system
by Zhang, Wei & Liu, Chunyan & Zheng, Xunhua & Zhou, Zaixing & Cui, Feng & Zhu, Bo & Haas, Edwin & Klatt, Steffen & Butterbach-Bahl, Klaus & Kiese, Ralf
- 11-18 Environmental and economic impacts of agri-environmental schemes designed in French West Indies to enhance soil C sequestration and reduce pollution risks. A modelling approach
by Blazy, Jean-Marc & Barlagne, Carla & Sierra, Jorge
- 19-25 Assessing sustainability of winter wheat production under climate change scenarios in a humid climate — An integrated modelling framework
by El Chami, D. & Daccache, A.
- 26-39 MOSAICA: A multi-scale bioeconomic model for the design and ex ante assessment of cropping system mosaics
by Chopin, Pierre & Doré, Thierry & Guindé, Loïc & Blazy, Jean-Marc
- 40-47 Whole-farm phosphorus loss from grazing-based dairy farms
by Vadas, Peter A. & Mark Powell, J. & Brink, Geoff E. & Busch, Dennis L. & Good, Laura W.
- 48-55 Developing a nationally appropriate mitigation measure from the greenhouse gas GHG abatement potential from livestock production in the Brazilian Cerrado
by de Oliveira Silva, Rafael & Barioni, Luis G. & Albertini, Tiago Zanett & Eory, Vera & Topp, Cairistiona F.E. & Fernandes, Fernando A. & Moran, Dominic
- 56-73 Combined analysis of climate, technological and price changes on future arable farming systems in Europe
by Wolf, Joost & Kanellopoulos, Argyris & Kros, Johannes & Webber, Heidi & Zhao, Gang & Britz, Wolfgang & Reinds, Gert Jan & Ewert, Frank & de Vries, Wim
- 74-86 A recipe for co-management of forest and livestock — Results of bio-economic model at a village level in Iran
by Soltani, Arezoo & Sankhayan, Prem L. & Hofstad, Ole
2015, Volume 139, Issue C
- 1-16 An economic theory-based explanatory model of agricultural land-use patterns: The Netherlands as a case study
by Diogo, V. & Koomen, E. & Kuhlman, T.
- 17-28 Tradeoffs between production and perennial vegetation in dairy farming systems vary among counties in the northeastern U.S
by Franklin Egan, J. & Hafla, Aimee & Goslee, Sarah
- 29-37 Integrated manure management to reduce environmental impact: I. Structured design of strategies
by De Vries, J.W. & Hoogmoed, W.B. & Groenestein, C.M. & Schröder, J.J. & Sukkel, W. & De Boer, I.J.M. & Groot Koerkamp, P.W.G.
- 38-49 Generating transformative agency among horticultural producers: An activity-theoretical approach to transforming Integrated Pest Management
by Vänninen, Irene & Pereira-Querol, Marco & Engeström, Yrjö
- 50-65 Boosting the productivity and profitability of northern Australian beef enterprises: Exploring innovation options using simulation modelling and systems analysis
by Ash, Andrew & Hunt, Leigh & McDonald, Cam & Scanlan, Joe & Bell, Lindsay & Cowley, Robyn & Watson, Ian & McIvor, John & MacLeod, Neil
- 66-75 Occasional mouldboard ploughing slows evolution of resistance and reduces long-term weed populations in no-till systems
by Renton, Michael & Flower, Ken C.
- 76-81 Management flexibility of a grassland agroecosystem: A modeling approach based on viability theory
by Sabatier, R. & Oates, L.G. & Jackson, R.D.
- 82-92 Nitrogen soil surface balance of organic vs conventional cash crop farming in the Seine watershed
by Anglade, J. & Billen, G. & Garnier, J. & Makridis, T. & Puech, T. & Tittel, C.
- 93-99 Representative soil profiles for the Harmonized World Soil Database at different spatial resolutions for agricultural modelling applications
by Jones, Peter G. & Thornton, Philip K.
- 100-109 A framework for quantitative analysis of livestock systems using theoretical concepts of production ecology
by van der Linden, Aart & Oosting, Simon J. & van de Ven, Gerrie W.J. & de Boer, Imke J.M. & van Ittersum, Martin K.
- 110-121 Social seed networks: Identifying central farmers for equitable seed access
by Ricciardi, Vincent
- 122-143 Economic evaluation of irrigated forage production in a beef cattle operation in the semi-arid tropics of northern Australia
by Monjardino, M. & MacLeod, N. & McKellar, L. & Prestwidge, D.
- 144-152 Support system for decision making in the management of the greenhouse environmental based on growth model for sweet pepper
by Sánchez-Molina, J.A. & Pérez, N. & Rodríguez, F. & Guzmán, J.L. & López, J.C.
- 153-165 How to avoid unsustainable side effects of managing climate risk in drylands — The supplementary feeding controversy
by Müller, Birgit & Schulze, Jule & Kreuer, David & Linstädter, Anja & Frank, Karin
- 166-179 Untangling crop management and environmental influences on wheat yield variability in Bangladesh: An application of non-parametric approaches
by Krupnik, Timothy J. & Ahmed, Zia Uddin & Timsina, Jagadish & Yasmin, Samina & Hossain, Farhad & Al Mamun, Abdullah & Mridha, Aminul Islam & McDonald, Andrew J.
- 180-195 Environmental implications of using ‘underutilised agricultural land’ for future bioenergy crop production
by Miyake, Saori & Smith, Carl & Peterson, Ann & McAlpine, Clive & Renouf, Marguerite & Waters, David
- 196-209 Farm biogas production in organic agriculture: System implications
by Siegmeier, Torsten & Blumenstein, Benjamin & Möller, Detlev
- 210-222 Understanding farm trajectories and development pathways: Two decades of change in southern Mali
by Falconnier, Gatien N. & Descheemaeker, Katrien & Van Mourik, Thomas A. & Sanogo, Ousmane M. & Giller, Ken E.
- 223-237 Impact of potential climate change on crop yield and water footprint of rice in the Po valley of Italy
by Bocchiola, D.
- 238-249 Carbon dioxide emission reduction by heating poultry houses from renewable energy sources in Central Europe
by Kapica, Jacek & Pawlak, Halina & Ścibisz, Marek
- 250-259 Biomass supply and nutrient runoff abatement under alternative biofuel feedstock production subsidies
by Zhou, Xia “Vivian” & Clark, Christopher D. & Lambert, Dayton M. & English, Burton C. & Larson, James A. & Boyer, Christopher N.
- 260-270 Simulated impacts of climate change on water use and yield of irrigated sugarcane in South Africa
by Jones, M.R. & Singels, A. & Ruane, A.C.
- 271-281 Distributional consequences of upstream tree plantations on downstream water users in a Public–Private Benefit Framework
by Nordblom, T.L. & Hume, I.H. & Finlayson, J.D. & Pannell, D.J. & Holland, J.E. & McClintock, A.J.
2015, Volume 138, Issue C
- 1-9 Assessing the SIMDualKc model for estimating evapotranspiration of hot pepper grown in a solar greenhouse in Northwest China
by Qiu, Rangjian & Du, Taisheng & Kang, Shaozhong & Chen, Renqiang & Wu, Laosheng
- 10-17 Economics of nutrient management systems for compliance with phosphorus regulations: Method and case study
by Mann, Janelle & Grant, Charles
- 18-30 Coordination of perishable crop production using auction mechanisms
by Mason, A. Nicholas & Villalobos, J. Rene
- 31-37 Using a team survey to improve team communication for enhanced delivery of agro-climate decision support tools
by Prokopy, Linda S. & Hart, Chad E. & Massey, Raymond & Widhalm, Melissa & Klink, Jenna & Andresen, Jeffrey & Angel, James & Blewett, Thomas & Doering, Otto C. & Elmore, Roger & Gramig, Benjamin M. & Guinan, Patrick & Hall, Beth L. & Jain, Atul & Knutson, Cody L. & Lemos, Maria Carmen & Morton, Lois Wright & Niyogi, Dev & Power, Rebecca & Shulski, Martha D. & Song, Carol X. & Takle, Eugene S. & Todey, Dennis
- 38-45 Environmental impact of Agaricus bisporus mycelium production
by Leiva, F.J. & Saenz-Díez, J.C. & Martínez, E. & Jiménez, E. & Blanco, J.
- 46-54 Management opportunities for boosting productivity of cool-temperate dairy farms under climate change
by Phelan, David C. & Harrison, Matthew T. & Kemmerer, Ernst P. & Parsons, David
- 55-65 Analysis of animal monitoring technologies in Germany from an innovation system perspective
by Busse, M. & Schwerdtner, W. & Siebert, R. & Doernberg, A. & Kuntosch, A. & König, B. & Bokelmann, W.
- 66-76 Modeling crop rotation in agricultural LCAs — Challenges and potential solutions
by Brankatschk, Gerhard & Finkbeiner, Matthias
- 77-87 Economic feasibility of sugar and ethanol production in Brazil under alternative future prices outlook
by Rezende, Marcelo L. & Richardson, James W.
- 88-99 Integrated manure management to reduce environmental impact: II. Environmental impact assessment of strategies
by De Vries, J.W. & Groenestein, C.M. & Schröder, J.J. & Hoogmoed, W.B. & Sukkel, W. & Groot Koerkamp, P.W.G. & De Boer, I.J.M.
- 100-115 Assessment of functional forms of crop yield loss models of invasive plant species applied in decision support tools and bioeconomic modelling
by Dhakal, Bhubaneswor & Scanlan, Joe
2015, Volume 137, Issue C
- 1-11 Optimizing ration formulation as a strategy for greenhouse gas mitigation in intensive dairy production systems
by Hawkins, James & Weersink, Alfons & Wagner-Riddle, Claudia & Fox, Glenn
- 12-23 Modelling farmer decision-making to anticipate tradeoffs between provisioning ecosystem services and biodiversity
by Guillem, E.E. & Murray-Rust, D. & Robinson, D.T. & Barnes, A. & Rounsevell, M.D.A.
- 24-38 Production potential of Lentil (Lens culinaris Medik.) in East Africa
by Ghanem, Michel Edmond & Marrou, Hélène & Biradar, Chandrashekhar & Sinclair, Thomas R.
- 39-50 Applying a transdisciplinary process to define a research agenda in a smallholder irrigated farming system in South Africa
by Musvoto, Constansia & Mason, Nathaniel & Jovanovic, Nebo & Froebrich, Jochen & Tshovhote, Jane & Nemakhavhani, Mpho & Khabe, Themba
- 51-63 Simulation study of the impact of changed cropping practices in conventional and GM maize on weeds and associated biodiversity
by Bürger, Jana & Darmency, Henri & Granger, Sylvie & Guyot, Sébastien H.M. & Messéan, Antoine & Colbach, Nathalie
- 64-75 Quantification of greenhouse gas emissions for carbon neutral farming in the Southeastern USA
by Torres, Carlos M.M. Eleto & Kohmann, Marta M. & Fraisse, Clyde W.
- 76-88 A systematic approach for assessing spatially and temporally differentiated opportunity costs of biodiversity conservation measures in grasslands
by Mewes, Melanie & Drechsler, Martin & Johst, Karin & Sturm, Astrid & Wätzold, Frank
- 89-100 Higher energy concentration traits in perennial ryegrass (Lolium perenne L.) may increase profitability and improve energy conversion on dairy farms
by Ludemann, C.I. & Eckard, R.J. & Cullen, B.R. & Jacobs, J.L. & Malcolm, B. & Smith, K.F.
- 101-107 Closing the technological gap of animal and crop production through technical assistance
by Pacín, Fernando & Oesterheld, Martín
- 108-118 Farmer risk-aversion limits closure of yield and profit gaps: A study of nitrogen management in the southern Australian wheatbelt
by Monjardino, M. & McBeath, T. & Ouzman, J. & Llewellyn, R. & Jones, B.
- 119-125 The net contribution of dairy production to human food supply: The case of Austrian dairy farms
by Ertl, Paul & Klocker, Hannes & Hörtenhuber, Stefan & Knaus, Wilhelm & Zollitsch, Werner
- 126-138 Stochastic uncertainty and sensitivities of nitrogen flows on dairy farms in The Netherlands
by Oenema, Jouke & Burgers, Saskia & van Keulen, Herman & van Ittersum, Martin
- 139-153 A comparison of farming practices and performance for wheat production in Haryana, India
by Coventry, D.R. & Poswal, R.S. & Yadav, Ashok & Riar, Amritbir Singh & Zhou, Yi & Kumar, Anuj & Chand, Ramesh & Chhokar, R.S. & Sharma, R.K. & Yadav, V.K. & Gupta, R.K. & Mehta, Anil & Cummins, J.A.
- 154-165 Motivations and attitudes influence farmers' willingness to participate in biodiversity conservation contracts
by Greiner, Romy
- 166-179 Improving crop production for food security and improved livelihoods on the East India Plateau. I. Rainfall-related risks with rice and opportunities for improved cropping systems
by Cornish, Peter S. & Karmakar, Dinabandhu & Kumar, Ashok & Das, Sudipta & Croke, Barry
- 180-190 Improving crop production for food security and improved livelihoods on the East India Plateau II. Crop options, alternative cropping systems and capacity building
by Cornish, Peter S. & Choudhury, Avijit & Kumar, Ashok & Das, Sudipta & Kumbakhar, Kuntalika & Norrish, Shane & Kumar, Shivendra
- 191-205 Quantifying crop water stress factors from soil water measurements in a limited irrigation experiment
by Saseendran, S.A. & Trout, T.J. & Ahuja, L.R. & Ma, L. & McMaster, G.S. & Nielsen, D.C. & Andales, A.A. & Chávez, J.L. & Ham, J.
- 206-219 Soil improvement and mitigation of greenhouse gas emissions for integrated crop–livestock systems: Case study assessment in the Pantanal savanna highland, Brazil
by Buller, Luz Selene & Bergier, Ivan & Ortega, Enrique & Moraes, Anibal & Bayma-Silva, Gustavo & Zanetti, Marilia Ribeiro
- 220-226 Whole-farm economic and risk effects of conservation agriculture in a crop-livestock system in western China
by Komarek, Adam M. & Li, LingLing & Bellotti, William D.
- 227-235 Quantifying production losses due to drought and submergence of rainfed rice at the household level using remotely sensed MODIS data
by Mottaleb, Khondoker Abdul & Gumma, Murali K. & Mishra, Ashok K. & Mohanty, Samarendu
2015, Volume 136, Issue C
- 1-13 Using agro-environmental models to design a sustainable benchmark for the sustainable value method
by Merante, Paolo & Van Passel, Steven & Pacini, Cesare
- 14-29 Possible implications of dietary changes on nutrient fluxes, environment and land use in Austria
by Thaler, S. & Zessner, M. & Weigl, M. & Rechberger, H. & Schilling, K. & Kroiss, H.
- 30-38 Impacts of agricultural water interventions on farm income: An example from the Kothapally watershed, India
by Karlberg, L. & Garg, K.K. & Barron, J. & Wani, S.P.
- 39-45 Organic agriculture values and practices in Portugal and Italy
by Dinis, Isabel & Ortolani, Livia & Bocci, Riccardo & Brites, Cláudia
- 46-60 Eco-efficient production of spring barley in a changed climate: A Life Cycle Assessment including primary data from future climate scenarios
by Niero, Monia & Ingvordsen, Cathrine H. & Peltonen-Sainio, Pirjo & Jalli, Marja & Lyngkjær, Michael F. & Hauschild, Michael Z. & Jørgensen, Rikke B.
- 61-69 Organic versus conventional systems in viticulture: Comparative effects on spiders and carabids in vineyards and adjacent forests
by Caprio, Enrico & Nervo, Beatrice & Isaia, Marco & Allegro, Gianni & Rolando, Antonio
- 70-78 Increasing the cost-effectiveness of EU agri-environment policy measures through evaluation of farm and field-level environmental and economic performance
by Pacini, G. Cesare & Merante, Paolo & Lazzerini, Giulio & Van Passel, Steven
- 79-84 Science for food, climate protection and welfare: An economic analysis of plant breeding research in Germany
by Lotze-Campen, Hermann & von Witzke, Harald & Noleppa, Steffen & Schwarz, Gerald
- 85-95 The profitability of harvesting grass silages at early maturity stages: An analysis of dairy farming systems in Norway
by Flaten, O. & Bakken, A.K. & Randby, Å.T.
- 96-105 Toward sustainable coffee production in Vietnam: More coffee with less water
by Amarasinghe, Upali A. & Hoanh, Chu Thai & D'haeze, Dave & Hung, Tran Quoc
- 106-113 Substitution of corn silage with sorghum silages in lactating cow diets: In vivo methane emission and global warming potential of milk production
by Colombini, Stefania & Zucali, Maddalena & Rapetti, Luca & Crovetto, G. Matteo & Sandrucci, Anna & Bava, Luciana
- 114-124 Dry sowing increases farm level wheat yields but not production risks in a Mediterranean environment
by Fletcher, Andrew L. & Robertson, Michael J. & Abrecht, Doug G. & Sharma, Darshan L. & Holzworth, Dean P.
- 125-137 Effects of technical interventions on flexibility of farming systems in Burkina Faso: Lessons for the design of innovations in West Africa
by Andrieu, Nadine & Descheemaeker, Katrien & Sanou, Thierry & Chia, Eduardo
- 138-146 Improving greenhouse gas emissions intensities of subtropical and tropical beef farming systems using Leucaena leucocephala
by Harrison, Matthew T. & McSweeney, Chris & Tomkins, Nigel W. & Eckard, Richard J.
2015, Volume 135, Issue C
- 1-9 Managing greenhouse gas emissions in two major dairy regions of New Zealand: A system-level evaluation
by Adler, Alfredo A. & Doole, Graeme J. & Romera, Alvaro J. & Beukes, Pierre C.
- 10-19 Dynamic changes in spatial competition for the nitrogen fertilizer industry in the United States
by Wilson, William W. & Shakya, Sumadhur & Dahl, Bruce
- 20-30 An analysis of the socio-economic factors influencing the adoption of conservation agriculture as a climate change mitigation activity in Australian dryland grain production
by Rochecouste, Jean-Francois & Dargusch, Paul & Cameron, Donald & Smith, Carl
- 31-47 Parameter and uncertainty estimation for maize, peanut and cotton using the SALUS crop model
by Dzotsi, K.A. & Basso, B. & Jones, J.W.