2015, Volume 132, Issue C
- 1-11 RAAIS: Rapid Appraisal of Agricultural Innovation Systems (Part I). A diagnostic tool for integrated analysis of complex problems and innovation capacity
by Schut, Marc & Klerkx, Laurens & Rodenburg, Jonne & Kayeke, Juma & Hinnou, Léonard C. & Raboanarielina, Cara M. & Adegbola, Patrice Y. & van Ast, Aad & Bastiaans, Lammert
- 12-24 RAAIS: Rapid Appraisal of Agricultural Innovation Systems (Part II). Integrated analysis of parasitic weed problems in rice in Tanzania
by Schut, Marc & Rodenburg, Jonne & Klerkx, Laurens & Kayeke, Juma & van Ast, Aad & Bastiaans, Lammert
- 25-34 Can animal genetics and flock management be used to reduce greenhouse gas emissions but also maintain productivity of wool-producing enterprises?
by Alcock, Douglas J. & Harrison, Matthew T. & Rawnsley, Richard P. & Eckard, Richard J.
- 35-39 Tillage systems effects on soil carbon stock and physical fractions of soil organic matter
by Pinheiro, Érika Flávia Machado & de Campos, David Vilas Boas & de Carvalho Balieiro, Fabiano & dos Anjos, Lúcia Helena Cunha & Pereira, Marcos Gervasio
- 40-51 Environmental consequences of adaptation to climate change in Swiss agriculture: An analysis at farm level
by Tendall, Danielle M. & Gaillard, Gérard
- 52-61 A conceptual framework to support adaptation of farming systems – Development and application with Forage Rummy
by Martin, G.
- 62-72 Identifying management strategies to improve sustainability and household income for herders on the desert steppe in Inner Mongolia, China
by Li, Zhiguo & Han, Guodong & Zhao, Mengli & Wang, Jing & Wang, Zhongwu & Kemp, David R. & Michalk, David L. & Wilkes, Andreas & Behrendt, Karl & Wang, Hong & Langford, Colin
- 73-84 A review of post-war changes in rice farming and biodiversity in Japan
by Katayama, Naoki & Baba, Yuki G. & Kusumoto, Yoshinobu & Tanaka, Koichi
- 93-106 Land health surveillance and response: A framework for evidence-informed land management
by Shepherd, Keith D. & Shepherd, Gemma & Walsh, Markus G.
- 107-120 An analysis of Northern Ireland farmers' experiences of using a target-driven beef heifer growth management plan and development of an empirical model leading to the launch of a decision support tool to promote first calving of beef heifers at 24 months
by Titterington, F.M. & Morrison, S.J. & Lively, F.O. & Wylie, A.R.G. & Gordon, A.W. & Browne, M.R.
- 121-132 Economic impacts of nitrogen and phosphorus use efficiency on nineteen intensive grass-based dairy farms in the South of Ireland
by Mihailescu, E. & Ryan, W. & Murphy, P.N.C. & Casey, I.A. & Humphreys, J.
- 133-144 Climate change impacts on phenology and yields of five broadacre crops at four climatologically distinct locations in Australia
by Anwar, Muhuddin Rajin & Liu, De Li & Farquharson, Robert & Macadam, Ian & Abadi, Amir & Finlayson, John & Wang, Bin & Ramilan, Thiagarajah
- 145-156 The impacts of differentiated markets on the relationship between dairy processors and smallholder farmers in the Peruvian Andes
by Fuentes Navarro, E. & Faure, G. & Cortijo, E. & De Nys, E. & Bogue, J. & Gómez, C. & Mercado, W. & Gamboa, C. & Le Gal, P.-Y.
- 157-166 On-farm impact of the System of Rice Intensification (SRI): Evidence and knowledge gaps
by Berkhout, Ezra & Glover, Dominic & Kuyvenhoven, Arie
- 167-173 Integrating irrigation management for improved grain yield of winter wheat and rhizosphere AM fungal diversity in a semi-arid cropping system
by Liu, Run Jin & Sheng, Ping Ping & Hui, Hai Bin & Lin, Qi & Chen, Ying Long
2014, Volume 131, Issue C
- 1-10 Simulating potential growth and yield of oil palm (Elaeis guineensis) with PALMSIM: Model description, evaluation and application
by Hoffmann, M.P. & Castaneda Vera, A. & van Wijk, M.T. & Giller, K.E. & Oberthür, T. & Donough, C. & Whitbread, A.M.
- 11-22 The ‘One cow per poor family’ programme: Current and potential fodder availability within smallholder farming systems in southwest Rwanda
by Klapwijk, C.J. & Bucagu, C. & van Wijk, M.T. & Udo, H.M.J. & Vanlauwe, B. & Munyanziza, E. & Giller, K.E.
- 23-33 Increasing ewe genetic fecundity improves whole-farm production and reduces greenhouse gas emissions intensities
by Harrison, Matthew T. & Jackson, Tom & Cullen, Brendan R. & Rawnsley, Richard P. & Ho, Christie & Cummins, Leo & Eckard, Richard J.
- 34-44 Minimum tillage adoption among commercial smallholder cotton farmers in Zambia, 2002 to 2011
by Grabowski, Philip P. & Haggblade, Steven & Kabwe, Stephen & Tembo, Gelson
- 45-55 Narrowing the rice yield gap in East and Southern Africa: Using and adapting existing technologies
by Nhamo, Nhamo & Rodenburg, Jonne & Zenna, Negussie & Makombe, Godswill & Luzi-Kihupi, Ashura
- 56-63 Effects of modernization and medium term perspectives on water and energy use in irrigation districts
by Fernández García, I. & Rodríguez Díaz, J.A. & Camacho Poyato, E. & Montesinos, P. & Berbel, J.
- 64-76 Integrated assessment of biodiesel policies aimed at family farms in Brazil
by Leite, João Guilherme Dal Belo & Silva, João Vasco & van Ittersum, Martin K.
- 77-86 Location specific climate change scenario and its impact on rice and wheat in Central Indian Punjab
by Jalota, S.K. & Vashisht, B.B. & Kaur, Harsimran & Kaur, Samanpreet & Kaur, Prabhjyot
- 87-93 Farmland fragmentation due to anthropogenic activity in rapidly developing region
by Su, Shiliang & Hu, Yi’na & Luo, Fanghan & Mai, Gengchen & Wang, Yaping
- 94-104 Varying pasture growth and commodity prices change the value of traits in sheep breeding objectives
by Rose, G. & Mulder, H.A. & Thompson, A.N. & van der Werf, J.H.J. & van Arendonk, J.A.M.
- 105-115 Potential of life cycle assessment to support environmental decision making at commercial dairy farms
by Meul, Marijke & Van Middelaar, Corina E. & de Boer, Imke J.M. & Van Passel, Steven & Fremaut, Dirk & Haesaert, Geert
- 116-122 Determining the optimal harvest cycle for copaíba (Copaifera spp.) oleoresin production
by Klauberg, Carine & Vidal, Edson & Rodriguez, Luiz C.E. & Diaz-Balteiro, Luis
2014, Volume 130, Issue C
- 1-12 Optimizing diet and pasture management to improve sustainability of U.S. beef production
by White, Robin R. & Brady, Michael & Capper, Judith L. & Johnson, Kristen A.
- 13-22 Management of harvested C in smallholder mixed farming in Ethiopia
by Rimhanen, Karoliina & Kahiluoto, Helena
- 23-34 Impacts of climate change and variability on cattle production in southern Ethiopia: Perceptions and empirical evidence
by Megersa, Bekele & Markemann, André & Angassa, Ayana & Ogutu, Joseph O. & Piepho, Hans-Peter & Valle Zaráte, Anne
- 35-43 Feed conversions, ration compositions, and land use efficiencies of major livestock products in U.S. agricultural systems
by Peters, Christian J. & Picardy, Jamie A. & Darrouzet-Nardi, Amelia & Griffin, Timothy S.
- 44-54 Attitudes and behaviour of adopters of technological innovations in agricultural tractors: A case study in Italian agricultural system
by Cavallo, Eugenio & Ferrari, Ester & Bollani, Luigi & Coccia, Mario
- 55-66 The farm to biorefinery continuum: A techno-economic and LCA analysis of ethanol production from sweet sorghum juice
by Caffrey, Kevin R. & Veal, Matthew W. & Chinn, Mari S.
- 67-76 Synergies between cover crops and corn stover removal
by Pratt, Michelle R. & Tyner, Wallace E. & Muth, David J. & Kladivko, Eileen J.
- 77-88 Evaluation of the profitability of a new precision fungicide application system for strawberry production
by Vorotnikova, Ekaterina & Borisova, Tatiana & VanSickle, John J.
- 89-104 Virtual experiments using a participatory model to explore interactions between climatic variability and management decisions in extensive grazing systems in the basaltic region of Uruguay
by Dieguez Cameroni, F.J. & Terra, R. & Tabarez, S. & Bommel, P. & Corral, J. & Bartaburu, D. & Pereira, M. & Montes, E. & Duarte, E. & Morales Grosskopf, H.
- 105-115 Determinants of parasitic weed infestation in rainfed lowland rice in Benin
by N’cho, Simon Akahoua & Mourits, Monique & Rodenburg, Jonne & Demont, Matty & Oude Lansink, Alfons
- 116-125 A GIS-based agricultural land-use allocation model coupling increase and decrease in land demand
by Pilehforooshha, Parastoo & Karimi, Mohammad & Taleai, Mohammad
2014, Volume 128, Issue C
- 1-12 Integrated analysis of land use changes and their impacts on agrarian livelihoods in the western highlands of Kenya
by Mutoko, Morgan C. & Hein, Lars & Bartholomeus, Harm
- 13-24 From transfer to translation: Using systemic understandings of technology to understand drip irrigation uptake
by Garb, Yaakov & Friedlander, Lonia
- 25-34 Does investment in irrigation technology necessarily generate rebound effects? A simulation analysis based on an agro-economic model
by Berbel, J. & Mateos, L.
- 35-43 Analyzing diversification possibilities on specialized tobacco farms in Argentina using a bio-economic farm model
by Chavez, M.D. & Berentsen, P.B.M. & Oude Lansink, A.G.J.M.
- 44-54 Livelihood strategies and the role of livestock in the processes of adaptation to drought in the Coastal Zone of Western Desert (Egypt)
by Alary, V. & Messad, S. & Aboul-Naga, A. & Osman, M.A. & Daoud, I. & Bonnet, P. & Juanes, X. & Tourrand, J.F.
- 55-65 Livestock farmer perceptions of successful collaborative arrangements for manure exchange: A study in Denmark
by Asai, Masayasu & Langer, Vibeke & Frederiksen, Pia & Jacobsen, Brian H.
- 66-78 Emergy analysis of grain production systems on large-scale farms in the North China Plain based on LCA
by Wang, Xiaolong & Chen, Yuanquan & Sui, Peng & Gao, Wangsheng & Qin, Feng & Zhang, Jiansheng & Wu, Xia
2014, Volume 127, Issue C
- 1-8 Integration of forage, beef, and hog production systems in Western Canada: An economic assessment
by Brewin, Derek G. & Undi, Michael & Kulshreshtha, Suren & Wittenberg, Karin & Tenuta, Mario & Ominski, Kimberly H.
- 9-18 Effects of regional variation in climate and SOC decay on global warming potential and eutrophication attributable to cereal production in Norway
by Korsaeth, Audun & Henriksen, Trond Maukon & Roer, Anne-Grete & Hammer Strømman, Anders
- 19-27 Feeding high concentrations of corn dried distillers’ grains decreases methane, but increases nitrous oxide emissions from beef cattle production
by Hünerberg, Martin & Little, Shannan M. & Beauchemin, Karen A. & McGinn, Sean M. & O’Connor, Don & Okine, Erasmus K. & Harstad, Odd M. & Kröbel, Roland & McAllister, Tim A.
- 28-40 Merging remote sensing data and national agricultural statistics to model change in irrigated agriculture
by Brown, Jesslyn F. & Pervez, Md Shahriar
- 41-52 SyNE: An improved indicator to assess nitrogen efficiency of farming systems
by Godinot, O. & Carof, M. & Vertès, F. & Leterme, P.
- 53-60 Generating global crop distribution maps: From census to grid
by You, Liangzhi & Wood, Stanley & Wood-Sichra, Ulrike & Wu, Wenbin
- 61-69 The impact of field size and energy cost on the profitability of supplemental corn irrigation
by Boyer, Christopher N. & Larson, James A. & Roberts, Roland K. & McClure, Angela T. & Tyler, Donald D.
- 70-80 Long-term implications of water erosion in olive-growing areas in southern Spain arising from a model-based integrated assessment at hillside scale
by Ibáñez, Javier & Martínez-Valderrama, Jaime & Taguas, Encarnación V. & Gómez, José A.
- 81-89 An evaluation of the statistical methods for testing the performance of crop models with observed data
by Yang, J.M. & Yang, J.Y. & Liu, S. & Hoogenboom, G.
- 90-96 Analysis of conservation agriculture preferences for researchers, extension agents, and tribal farmers in Nepal using Analytic Hierarchy Process
by Reed, Brinton & Chan-Halbrendt, Catherine & Tamang, B.B. & Chaudhary, Narendra
- 97-114 Farm-level multifunctionality associated with farming techniques in olive growing: An integrated modeling approach
by Carmona-Torres, Carmen & Parra-López, Carlos & Hinojosa-Rodríguez, Ascensión & Sayadi, Samir
- 115-125 Functions and limitations of farmer cooperatives as innovation intermediaries: Findings from China
by Yang, Huan & Klerkx, Laurens & Leeuwis, Cees
- 126-138 Productivity and efficiency impacts of conservation tillage in northwest Indo-Gangetic Plains
by Krishna, Vijesh V. & Veettil, Prakashan C.
- 139-149 A model for crop yield and water footprint assessment: Study of maize in the Po valley
by Nana, E. & Corbari, C. & Bocchiola, D.
- 150-160 Modelling ex-ante the economic and environmental impacts of Genetically Modified Herbicide Tolerant maize cultivation in Europe
by Tillie, Pascal & Dillen, Koen & Rodríguez-Cerezo, Emilio
- 161-177 What role can crop models play in supporting climate change adaptation decisions to enhance food security in Sub-Saharan Africa?
by Webber, Heidi & Gaiser, Thomas & Ewert, Frank
- 178-188 Optimization model of agricultural production system in grain farms under risk, in Sorriso, Brazil
by Osaki, Mauro & Batalha, Mário Otavio
2014, Volume 126, Issue C
- 3-14 Livelihood strategies, resilience and transformability in African agroecosystems
by Tittonell, Pablo
- 15-24 Resource use efficiency and farm productivity gaps of smallholder dairy farming in North-west Michoacán, Mexico
by Cortez-Arriola, José & Groot, Jeroen C.J. & Améndola Massiotti, Ricardo D. & Scholberg, Johannes M.S. & Valentina Mariscal Aguayo, D. & Tittonell, Pablo & Rossing, Walter A.H.
- 25-37 Whole-farm nitrogen cycling and intensification of crop-livestock systems in the highlands of Madagascar: An application of network analysis
by Alvarez, S. & Rufino, M.C. & Vayssières, J. & Salgado, P. & Tittonell, P. & Tillard, E. & Bocquier, F.
- 38-49 Heterogeneity and the trade-off between ecological and productive functions of agro-landscapes: A model of cattle–bird interactions in a grassland agroecosystem
by Sabatier, Rodolphe & Doyen, Luc & Tichit, Muriel
- 50-61 A participatory whole farm modelling approach to understand impacts and increase preparedness to climate change in Australia
by Rodriguez, Daniel & Cox, Howard & deVoil, Peter & Power, Brendan
- 62-75 Gaming for smallholder participation in the design of more sustainable agricultural landscapes
by Speelman, E.N. & García-Barrios, L.E. & Groot, J.C.J. & Tittonell, P.
- 76-86 Co-innovation of family farm systems: A systems approach to sustainable agriculture
by Dogliotti, S. & García, M.C. & Peluffo, S. & Dieste, J.P. & Pedemonte, A.J. & Bacigalupe, G.F. & Scarlato, M. & Alliaume, F. & Alvarez, J. & Chiappe, M. & Rossing, W.A.H.
2014, Volume 125, Issue C
- 1-11 A decision framework for management of conflicting production and biodiversity goals for a commercially valuable invasive species
by Grechi, Isabelle & Chadès, Iadine & Buckley, Yvonne M. & Friedel, Margaret H. & Grice, Anthony C. & Possingham, Hugh P. & van Klinken, Rieks D. & Martin, Tara G.
- 12-22 A framework for evaluating ecosystem services provided by cover crops in agroecosystems
by Schipanski, Meagan E. & Barbercheck, Mary & Douglas, Margaret R. & Finney, Denise M. & Haider, Kristin & Kaye, Jason P. & Kemanian, Armen R. & Mortensen, David A. & Ryan, Matthew R. & Tooker, John & White, Charlie
- 23-32 Identifying risk-efficient strategies using stochastic frontier analysis and simulation: An application to irrigated cropping in Australia
by Power, Brendan & Cacho, Oscar J
- 33-41 WaterFootprint on AgroClimate: A dynamic, web-based tool for comparing agricultural systems
by Dourte, Daniel R. & Fraisse, Clyde W. & Uryasev, Oxana
- 42-49 Production viability and farmers’ willingness to adopt Jatropha curcas L. as a biofuel source in traditional agroecosystems in Totonacapan, Mexico
by Vera Castillo, Y.B. & Pritchard, H.W. & Frija, A. & Chellattan Veettil, P. & Cuevas Sanchez, J.A. & Van Damme, P. & Van Huylenbroeck, G.
- 50-53 Commentary: A critical assessment of the policy endorsement for holistic management
by Briske, David D. & Ash, Andrew J. & Derner, Justin D. & Huntsinger, Lynn
- 54-62 Comparison of nitrogen balances and efficiencies in rice cum prawn vs. rice cum fish cultures in Mymensingh, North-Eastern Bangladesh
by Mirhaj, M. & Razzak, M.A. & Wahab, M.A.
- 63-73 Hatching new ideas about herb pastures: Learning together in a community of New Zealand farmers and agricultural scientists
by Sewell, A.M. & Gray, D.I. & Blair, H.T. & Kemp, P.D. & Kenyon, P.R. & Morris, S.T. & Wood, B.A.
- 74-81 Theory and reality of integrated rice–duck farming in Asian developing countries: A systematic review and SWOT analysis
by Suh, Jungho
2014, Volume 124, Issue C
- 1-11 Embedded risk management in dryland sheep systems II. Risk analysis
by Gicheha, M.G. & Edwards, G.R. & Bell, S.T. & Burtt, E.S. & Bywater, A.C.
- 12-20 Embedded risk management in dryland sheep systems I. Field results and development of a destocking algorithm
by Gicheha, M.G. & Edwards, G.R. & Bell, S.T. & Bywater, A.C.
- 21-31 Productivity and efficiency analysis of maize under conservation agriculture in Zimbabwe
by Ndlovu, Patrick V. & Mazvimavi, Kizito & An, Henry & Murendo, Conrad
- 32-38 The process of expansion in commercial banana cropping in tropical China: A case study at a Dai village, Mengla County
by Zhang, Le & Kono, Yasuyuki & Kobayashi, Shigeo
- 39-50 Simulating crop rotation strategies with a spatiotemporal lattice model to improve legislation for the management of the maize pest Diabrotica virgifera virgifera
by Szalai, Márk & Kiss, József & Kövér, Szilvia & Toepfer, Stefan
- 51-59 In-farm diversity stabilizes return on capital in Argentine agro-ecosystems
by Pacín, Fernando & Oesterheld, Martín
- 60-69 Returning Organic Residues to Agricultural Land (RORAL) – Fuelling the Follow-the-Technology approach
by Wassenaar, T. & Doelsch, E. & Feder, F. & Guerrin, F. & Paillat, J.-M. & Thuriès, L. & Saint Macary, H.
- 70-82 Simulation of regional nitrous oxide emissions from German agricultural mineral soils: A linkage between an agro-economic model and an empirical emission model
by Henseler, Martin & Dechow, Rene
2014, Volume 123, Issue C
- 1-11 Sustainable rice production in African inland valleys: Seizing regional potentials through local approaches
by Rodenburg, Jonne & Zwart, Sander J. & Kiepe, Paul & Narteh, Lawrence T. & Dogbe, Wilson & Wopereis, Marco C.S.
- 12-21 Site-specific, real-time temperatures improve the accuracy of weed emergence predictions in direct-seeded rice systems
by Lundy, M.E. & Hill, J.E. & van Kessel, C. & Owen, D.A. & Pedroso, R.M. & Boddy, L.G. & Fischer, A.J. & Linquist, B.A.
- 22-33 Success of diagnostic approach to rainfed, wheat-based cropping systems in Western Australia
by Sharma, Darshan L. & Anderson, Walter K.
- 34-42 Modelling interactions between farm-level structural adjustment and a regional economy: A case of the Australian rice industry
by Mushtaq, Shahbaz & Cockfield, Geoff & White, Neil & Jakeman, Guy
- 43-53 Life cycle and economic assessment of Western Canadian pulse systems: The inclusion of pulses in crop rotations
by MacWilliam, S. & Wismer, M. & Kulshreshtha, S.
- 54-61 A diagnostic appraisal of the sorghum farming system and breeding priorities in Striga infested agro-ecologies of Ethiopia
by Gebretsadik, Rebeka & Shimelis, H. & Laing, M.D. & Tongoona, P. & Mandefro, N.
- 62-70 Maize–mucuna rotation: An alternative technology to improve water productivity in smallholder farming systems
by Masikati, P. & Manschadi, A. & van Rooyen, A. & Hargreaves, J.
- 71-83 A hybrid fuzzy-stochastic programming method for water trading within an agricultural system
by Li, Y.P. & Liu, J. & Huang, G.H.
- 84-96 Is rainfed agriculture really a pathway from poverty?
by Harris, David & Orr, Alastair
- 97-107 The carbon footprint of lamb: Sources of variation and opportunities for mitigation
by Jones, A.K. & Jones, D.L. & Cross, P.
- 108-119 Ex-ante assessment of soil conservation methods in the uplands of Vietnam: An agent-based modeling approach
by Quang, Dang Viet & Schreinemachers, Pepijn & Berger, Thomas
- 120-127 Application of artificial neural networks for prediction of output energy and GHG emissions in potato production in Iran
by Khoshnevisan, Benyamin & Rafiee, Shahin & Omid, Mahmoud & Mousazadeh, Hossein & Rajaeifar, Mohammad Ali
2013, Volume 122, Issue C
- 1-10 A whole-farm profitability analysis of organic and conventional cropping systems
by Delbridge, Timothy A. & Fernholz, Carmen & King, Robert P. & Lazarus, William
- 11-21 EIS Pesticides: An environmental information system to characterize agricultural activities and calculate agro-environmental indicators at embedded watershed scales
by Vernier, Françoise & Miralles, André & Pinet, François & Carluer, Nadia & Gouy, Véronique & Molla, Guilhem & Petit, Kevin
- 22-32 Adoption of improved potato varieties in Ethiopia: The role of agricultural knowledge and innovation system and smallholder farmers’ quality assessment
by Abebe, Gumataw K. & Bijman, Jos & Pascucci, Stefano & Omta, Onno
- 33-41 Detailed description of grazing systems using nonlinear optimisation methods: A model of a pasture-based New Zealand dairy farm
by Doole, Graeme J. & Romera, Alvaro J.
- 42-52 Cognitive mapping: A method to elucidate and present farmers’ risk perception
by van Winsen, Frankwin & de Mey, Yann & Lauwers, Ludwig & Van Passel, Steven & Vancauteren, Mark & Wauters, Erwin
- 53-59 Simultaneous modelling of the determinants of the partial inputs productivity in the municipality of Banikoara, Northern Benin
by Kokoye, Sènakpon E. Haroll & Yabi, Jacob A. & Tovignan, Silvère D. & Yegbemey, Rosaine N. & Nuppenau, Ernst-August
- 60-72 Modeling the environmental behavior and performance of livestock farmers in China: An ABM approach
by Zheng, Chaohui & Liu, Yi & Bluemling, Bettina & Chen, Jining & Mol, Arthur P.J.
- 73-78 Life cycle assessment of the potential carbon credit from no- and reduced-tillage winter wheat-based cropping systems in Eastern Washington State
by Zaher, U. & Stöckle, C. & Painter, K. & Higgins, S.
2013, Volume 121, Issue C
- 1-8 The ENSO effect on peanut yield as influenced by planting date and soil type
by Woli, Prem & Paz, Joel O. & Hoogenboom, Gerrit & Garcia y Garcia, Axel & Fraisse, Clyde W.
- 9-22 Evaluation of a feeding strategy to reduce greenhouse gas emissions from dairy farming: The level of analysis matters
by Van Middelaar, C.E. & Berentsen, P.B.M. & Dijkstra, J. & De Boer, I.J.M.
- 23-32 Cover crops effect on farm benefits and nitrate leaching: Linking economic and environmental analysis
by Gabriel, José Luis & Garrido, Alberto & Quemada, Miguel
- 33-42 Comparing the environmental impacts of alternative protein crops in poultry diets: The consequences of uncertainty
by Leinonen, Ilkka & Williams, Adrian G. & Waller, Anthony H. & Kyriazakis, Ilias
- 43-52 The effects of natural disasters on farm household income and expenditures: A study on rice farmers in Bangladesh
by Mottaleb, Khondoker Abdul & Mohanty, Samarendu & Hoang, Hoa Thi Khanh & Rejesus, Roderick M.
- 53-62 Simulation analysis of factors affecting sorghum yield at selected sites in eastern and southern Africa, with emphasis on increasing temperatures
by Turner, Neil C. & Rao, K.P.C.
- 63-72 Feasibility and competitiveness of intensive smallholder dairy farming in Brazil in comparison with soya and sugarcane: Case study of the Balde Cheio Programme
by Novo, André Monteiro & Slingerland, Maja & Jansen, Kees & Kanellopoulos, Argyris & Giller, Ken E.
- 73-80 Environmental efficiency, productivity and public funds: The case of the Italian agricultural industry
by Falavigna, Greta & Manello, Alessandro & Pavone, Sara
- 81-95 Family farmers and biodiesel production: Systems thinking and multi-level decisions in Northern Minas Gerais, Brazil
by Florin, Madeleine J. & van Ittersum, Martin K. & van de Ven, Gerrie W.J.
- 96-105 Tradeoffs in crop residue utilization in mixed crop–livestock systems and implications for conservation agriculture
by Jaleta, Moti & Kassie, Menale & Shiferaw, Bekele
- 106-116 A survey-based exploration of land-system dynamics in an agricultural region of Northeast China
by Yu, Qiangyi & Wu, Wenbin & Verburg, Peter H. & van Vliet, Jasper & Yang, Peng & Zhou, Qingbo & Tang, Huajun
- 117-129 Operational planning of herbicide-based weed management
by Lodovichi, Mariela V. & Blanco, Aníbal M. & Chantre, Guillermo R. & Bandoni, J. Alberto & Sabbatini, Mario R. & Vigna, Mario & López, Ricardo & Gigón, Ramón
- 130-134 Typology and physical–chemical characterization of bovine milk produced with different productions strategies
by Gabbi, A.M. & McManus, C.M. & Silva, A.V. & Marques, L.T. & Zanela, M.B. & Stumpf, M.P. & Fischer, V.
2013, Volume 120, Issue C
- 2-9 Life cycle assessment of phosphorus use efficient wheat grown in Australia
by Ridoutt, Bradley G. & Wang, Enli & Sanguansri, Peerasak & Luo, Zhongkui
- 10-19 A simple regional downscaling approach for spatially distributing land use types for agricultural land
by Gärtner, Dominique & Keller, Armin & Schulin, Rainer
- 20-26 Farmers’ perceptions of the quality of extension services provided by non-governmental organisations in two municipalities in the Central Region of Ghana
by Buadi, Donus K. & Anaman, Kwabena A. & Kwarteng, Joseph A.
- 27-37 A typological characterization of dairy Assaf breed sheep farms at NW of Spain based on structural factor
by Riveiro, J.A. & Mantecón, A.R. & Álvarez, C.J. & Lavín, P.
- 38-48 Sustainability of holistic and conventional cattle ranching in the seasonally dry tropics of Chiapas, Mexico
by Ferguson, Bruce G. & Diemont, Stewart A.W. & Alfaro-Arguello, Rigoberto & Martin, Jay F. & Nahed-Toral, José & Álvarez-Solís, David & Pinto-Ruíz, René
- 49-60 Farmer perception of suitable conditions for slurry application compared with decision support system recommendations
by Kerebel, A. & Cassidy, R. & Jordan, P. & Holden, N.M.
- 61-75 Pan-European crop modelling with EPIC: Implementation, up-scaling and regional crop yield validation
by Balkovič, Juraj & van der Velde, Marijn & Schmid, Erwin & Skalský, Rastislav & Khabarov, Nikolay & Obersteiner, Michael & Stürmer, Bernhard & Xiong, Wei
- 76-84 Opportunistic Mediterranean agriculture – Using ephemeral pasture legumes to utilize summer rainfall
by Nicol, Dion L. & Finlayson, John & Colmer, Timothy D. & Ryan, Megan H.
2013, Volume 119, Issue C
- 1-9 Intensification of coffee systems can increase the effectiveness of REDD mechanisms
by Noponen, Martin R.A. & Haggar, Jeremy P. & Edwards-Jones, Gareth & Healey, John R.
- 10-21 Interactions between land use change, regional development, and climate change in the Poyang Lake district from 1985 to 2035
by Yan, Dan & Schneider, Uwe A. & Schmid, Erwin & Huang, He Qing & Pan, Lihu & Dilly, Oliver
- 22-34 Modeling maize yield responses to improvement in nutrient, water and cultivar inputs in sub-Saharan Africa
by Folberth, Christian & Yang, Hong & Gaiser, Thomas & Abbaspour, Karim C. & Schulin, Rainer
- 35-42 Dilemma in participatory selection of varieties
by Misiko, M.
- 44-57 Influence of climate change on short term management of field crops – A modelling approach
by Aurbacher, Joachim & Parker, Phillip S. & Calberto Sánchez, Germán A. & Steinbach, Jennifer & Reinmuth, Evelyn & Ingwersen, Joachim & Dabbert, Stephan
2013, Volume 118, Issue C
- 1-13 Evaluation of effects of cotton policy changes on land and water use in Uzbekistan: Application of a bio-economic farm model at the level of a water users association
by Djanibekov, Nodir & Sommer, Rolf & Djanibekov, Utkur
- 14-22 Implications of a shift in irrigation technology on resource use efficiency: A Syrian case
by Yigezu, Yigezu A. & Ahmed, Mohamed A. & Shideed, Kamil & Aw-Hassan, Aden & El-Shater, Tamer & Al-Atwan, Samman
- 23-32 The impact of climate change on permanent crops in an Alpine region: A Ricardian analysis
by De Salvo, Maria & Raffaelli, Roberta & Moser, Riccarda
- 33-40 Economically optimal crop sequences using risk-adjusted network flows: Modeling cotton crop rotations in the southeastern United States
by Salassi, Michael E. & Deliberto, Michael A. & Guidry, Kurt M.
- 41-51 CASIMOD’N: An agro-hydrological distributed model of catchment-scale nitrogen dynamics integrating farming system decisions
by Moreau, Pierre & Ruiz, Laurent & Vertès, Françoise & Baratte, Christine & Delaby, Luc & Faverdin, Philippe & Gascuel-Odoux, Chantal & Piquemal, Benoit & Ramat, Eric & Salmon-Monviola, Jordy & Durand, Patrick
- 52-64 Combining a typology and a conceptual model of cropping system to explore the diversity of relationships between ecosystem services: The case of erosion control in coffee-based agroforestry systems in Costa Rica
by Meylan, Louise & Merot, Anne & Gary, Christian & Rapidel, Bruno
- 65-77 Unravelling the role of innovation platforms in supporting co-evolution of innovation: Contributions and tensions in a smallholder dairy development programme
by Kilelu, Catherine W. & Klerkx, Laurens & Leeuwis, Cees
- 78-90 Data Envelopment Analysis of sustainability indicators of European agricultural systems at regional level
by Gerdessen, Johanna C. & Pascucci, Stefano
- 91-104 Courting the rain: Rethinking seasonality and adaptation to recurrent drought in semi-arid southern Africa
by Milgroom, J. & Giller, K.E.
2013, Volume 117, Issue C
- 1-12 Adapting to uncertainty associated with short-term climate variability changes in irrigated Mediterranean farming systems
by Dono, Gabriele & Cortignani, Raffaele & Doro, Luca & Giraldo, Luca & Ledda, Luigi & Pasqui, Massimiliano & Roggero, Pier Paolo
- 13-18 Framing integrated research to address a dynamically complex issue: The red headed cockchafer challenge
by Miller, Craig & Newell, Barry
- 19-29 Cropping system effects on sorghum grain yield, soil organic carbon, and global warming potential in central and south Texas
by Meki, Manyowa N. & Kemanian, Armen R. & Potter, Steven R. & Blumenthal, Jürg M. & Williams, Jimmy R. & Gerik, Thomas J.
- 30-34 Climate change awareness is associated with enhanced adaptive capacity
by Marshall, N.A. & Park, S. & Howden, S.M. & Dowd, A.B. & Jakku, E.S.
- 35-44 The relative profitability of dairy, sheep, beef and grain farm enterprises in southeast Australia under selected rainfall and price scenarios
by Browne, Natalie & Kingwell, Ross & Behrendt, Ralph & Eckard, Richard
- 45-54 Climate change and coconut plantations in India: Impacts and potential adaptation gains
by Naresh Kumar, S. & Aggarwal, P.K.
- 55-65 Adapting crop management practices to climate change: Modeling optimal solutions at the field scale
by Lehmann, Niklaus & Finger, Robert & Klein, Tommy & Calanca, Pierluigi & Walter, Achim
- 66-77 Comparing the determinants of cropland abandonment in Albania and Romania using boosted regression trees
by Müller, Daniel & Leitão, Pedro J. & Sikor, Thomas
- 78-89 Climate change and water security: Estimating the greenhouse gas costs of achieving water security through investments in modern irrigation technology
by Mushtaq, S. & Maraseni, T.N. & Reardon-Smith, K.
- 90-97 Contribution of Non-Timber Forest Products livelihood strategies to rural development in drylands of Sudan: Potentials and failures
by Adam, Yahia Omar & Pretzsch, Jürgen & Pettenella, Davide
2013, Volume 115, Issue C
- 1-9 Autonomy and sustainability: An integrated analysis of the development of new approaches to agrosystem management in family-based farming in Carnaubais Territory, Piauí, Brazil
by Oliveira, Francisco das Chagas & Calle Collado, Ángel & Carvalho Leite, Luiz Fernando
- 10-20 An integrated assessment of business risk for pasture-based dairy farm systems intensification
by Fariña, S.R. & Alford, A. & Garcia, S.C. & Fulkerson, W.J.
- 21-28 Evaluation of mitigation strategies for nitrate leaching on pasture-based dairy systems
by Vogeler, I. & Beukes, P. & Burggraaf, V.
- 29-40 Encouraging system learning in two poultry subsectors
by van Mierlo, Barbara & Janssen, Arni & Leenstra, Ferry & van Weeghel, Ellen
- 41-50 Simulation modelling of temperate grassland based dairy calf to beef production systems
by Ashfield, A. & Crosson, P. & Wallace, M.
- 51-62 A guide for choosing the most appropriate method for multi-criteria assessment of agricultural systems according to decision-makers’ expectations
by Carof, M. & Colomb, B. & Aveline, A.
- 63-71 Mathematical model for strategic planning optimization in the pome fruit industry
by Catalá, Luis P. & Durand, Guillermo A. & Blanco, Aníbal M. & Alberto Bandoni, J.
- 72-82 Contribution of sorghum to productivity of small-holder irrigation schemes: On-farm research in the Senegal River Valley, Mauritania
by García-Ponce, E. & Gómez-Macpherson, H. & Diallo, O. & Djibril, M. & Baba, C. & Porcel, O. & Mathieu, B. & Comas, J. & Mateos, L. & Connor, D.J.
- 83-94 Agrarian change, agricultural modernization and the modelling of agricultural households in Tibet
by Brown, Colin & Waldron, Scott
- 95-103 Economic and environmental impacts of changes in culling parity of cows and diet composition in Japanese beef cow–calf production systems
by Oishi, Kazato & Kato, Yohei & Ogino, Akifumi & Hirooka, Hiroyuki
- 104-116 Bioeconomic model of decision support system for farm management. Part I: Systemic conceptual modeling
by Tanure, Soraya & Nabinger, Carlos & Becker, João Luiz
- 117-128 The distribution of roles and functions for upscaling and outscaling innovations in agricultural innovation systems
by Hermans, Frans & Stuiver, Marian & Beers, P.J. & Kok, Kasper
- 129-136 Man vs. manure: Examining the effects of residential demand on dairy farming in rural America
by Freeman, Tyler & Schoney, Richard & Nolan, James
- 137-143 Satellite detection of earlier wheat sowing in India and implications for yield trends
by Lobell, David B. & Ortiz-Monasterio, J. Ivan & Sibley, Adam M. & Sohu, V.S.
- 144-154 Predicting nitrogen dynamics in a dairy farming catchment using systems synthesis modelling
by Smith, Andrew P. & Western, Andrew W.
2013, Volume 114, Issue C
- 1-5 Generating downscaled weather data from a suite of climate models for agricultural modelling applications
by Jones, Peter G. & Thornton, Philip K.
- 6-14 Analyzing ranch profitability from varying cow sales and heifer replacement rates for beef cow-calf production using system dynamics
by Turner, B.L. & Rhoades, R.D. & Tedeschi, L.O. & Hanagriff, R.D. & McCuistion, K.C. & Dunn, B.H.
- 15-31 Climate change impacts and adaptation scope for agriculture indicated by agro-meteorological metrics
by Rivington, M. & Matthews, K.B. & Buchan, K. & Miller, D.G. & Bellocchi, G. & Russell, G.
- 32-37 Trade-adjusted measures of productivity increases in US hog production
by Mathews, Kenneth H. & Jones, Keithly G. & McConnell, Michael J. & Johnson, Rachel J.
- 38-53 Options to reduce the environmental effects of livestock production – Comparison of two economic models
by Stehfest, Elke & Berg, Maurits van den & Woltjer, Geert & Msangi, Siwa & Westhoek, Henk
- 54-63 Does water harvesting induce fertilizer use among smallholders? Evidence from Ethiopia
by Wakeyo, Mekonnen B. & Gardebroek, Cornelis
- 64-72 Increasing nutrient use efficiency through improved feeding and manure management in urban and peri-urban livestock units of a West African city: A scenario analysis
by Diogo, Rodrigue V.C. & Schlecht, Eva & Buerkert, Andreas & Rufino, Mariana C. & van Wijk, Mark T.
- 73-83 Insights into potato innovation systems in Bolivia, Ethiopia, Peru and Uganda
by Ortiz, Oscar & Orrego, Ricardo & Pradel, Willy & Gildemacher, Peter & Castillo, Renee & Otiniano, Ronal & Gabriel, Julio & Vallejo, Juan & Torres, Omar & Woldegiorgis, Gemebredin & Damene, Belew & Kakuhenzire, Roger & Kasahija, Imelda & Kahiu, Ignatious
- 84-94 Combining agroecology and management science to design field tools under high agrosystem structural or process uncertainty: Lessons from two case studies of grassland management
by Duru, M.
- 95-105 A 2010 map estimate of annually tilled cropland within the conterminous United States
by Johnson, David M.
2012, Volume 113, Issue C
- 1-15 Sustainability assessment of crop protection systems: SustainOS methodology and its application for apple orchards
by Mouron, Patrik & Heijne, Bart & Naef, Andreas & Strassemeyer, Jörn & Hayer, Frank & Avilla, Jesus & Alaphilippe, Aude & Höhn, Heinrich & Hernandez, José & Mack, Gabriele & Gaillard, Gérard & Solé, Joan & Sauphanor, Benoit & Patocchi, Andrea & Samietz, Jörg & Bravin, Esther & Lavigne, Claire & Bohanec, Marko & Golla, Burkhard & Scheer, Christian & Aubert, Ursula & Bigler, Franz
- 16-27 The System of Rice Intensification: Adapted practices, reported outcomes and their relevance in Cambodia
by Ly, Proyuth & Jensen, Lars Stoumann & Bruun, Thilde Bech & Rutz, Dominik & de Neergaard, Andreas
- 28-38 Price induced irrigation water saving: Unraveling conflicts and synergies between European agricultural and water policies for a Greek Water District
by Kampas, Athanasios & Petsakos, Athanasios & Rozakis, Stelios
- 39-49 Design process outputs as boundary objects in agricultural innovation projects: Functions and limitations
by Klerkx, Laurens & van Bommel, Severine & Bos, Bram & Holster, Henri & Zwartkruis, Joyce V. & Aarts, Noelle
- 50-56 Managing mixed wheat–sheep farms with a seasonal forecast
by Asseng, Senthold & Thomas, Dean & McIntosh, Peter & Alves, Oscar & Khimashia, Nirav
- 57-63 Building crop models within different crop modelling frameworks
by Adam, M. & Corbeels, M. & Leffelaar, P.A. & Van Keulen, H. & Wery, J. & Ewert, F.
- 64-72 Quantification of greenhouse gas emissions from open field-grown Florida tomato production
by Jones, Curtis D. & Fraisse, Clyde W. & Ozores-Hampton, Monica
2012, Volume 112, Issue C
- 1-10 A bioeconomic model for analysis of integrated weed management strategies for annual barnyardgrass (Echinochloa crus-galli complex) in Philippine rice farming systems
by Beltran, Jesusa C. & Pannell, David J. & Doole, Graeme J. & White, Benedict
- 11-16 Exploring the relationship between climate change and rice yield in Bangladesh: An analysis of time series data
by Sarker, Md. Abdur Rashid & Alam, Khorshed & Gow, Jeff
- 17-26 Tactical planning of the production and distribution of fresh agricultural products under uncertainty
by Ahumada, Omar & Rene Villalobos, J. & Nicholas Mason, A.
- 27-37 Assessing costs of soil carbon sequestration by crop-livestock farmers in Western Australia
by Kragt, Marit E. & Pannell, David J. & Robertson, Michael J. & Thamo, Tas
- 38-47 Farm level assessments of a novel drought tolerant forage: Tedera (Bituminaria bituminosa C.H. Stirt var. albomarginata)
by Finlayson, John & Real, Daniel & Nordblom, Tom & Revell, Clinton & Ewing, Mike & Kingwell, Ross
- 48-54 Changes in soil organic carbon and climate change – Application of the RothC model in agro-silvo-pastoral Mediterranean systems
by Francaviglia, Rosa & Coleman, Kevin & Whitmore, Andrew P. & Doro, Luca & Urracci, Giulia & Rubino, Mariateresa & Ledda, Luigi
2012, Volume 110, Issue C
- 1-9 Public policies for rural poverty alleviation: The case of agricultural households in the Plateau Central area of Burkina Faso
by Sanfo, Safiétou & Gérard, Françoise
- 10-16 Economic effects of climate change in the Murray–Darling Basin, Australia
by Jiang, Qiang & Grafton, R. Quentin
- 17-29 Coupling the Tradeoff Analysis Model with a market equilibrium model to analyze economic and environmental outcomes of agricultural production systems
by Valdivia, Roberto O. & Antle, John M. & Stoorvogel, Jetse J.
- 30-40 Water footprinting – A comparison of methods using New Zealand dairy farming as a case study
by Zonderland-Thomassen, M.A. & Ledgard, S.F.
- 41-53 Factors influencing farmers’ adoption of modern rice technologies and good management practices in the Philippines
by Mariano, Marc Jim & Villano, Renato & Fleming, Euan
- 54-62 Adoption of water conservation practices: A socioeconomic analysis of small-scale farmers in Central Chile
by Jara-Rojas, Roberto & Bravo-Ureta, Boris E. & Díaz, José
- 63-77 Multi-objective optimization and design of farming systems
by Groot, Jeroen C.J. & Oomen, Gerard J.M. & Rossing, Walter A.H.
- 78-89 Fertilizer use patterns in Yunnan Province, China: Implications for agricultural and environmental policy
by Yunju, Li & Kahrl, Fredrich & Jianjun, Pan & Roland-Holst, David & Yufang, Su & Wilkes, Andreas & Jianchu, Xu
- 90-106 Energy intensity in livestock operations – Modeling of dairy farming systems in Germany
by Kraatz, Simone
- 107-118 Assessing rural landholders diversity in the Wet Tropics region of Queensland, Australia in relation to natural resource management programs: A market segmentation approach
by Emtage, Nicholas & Herbohn, John
- 119-130 Local knowledge of impacts of tree cover on ecosystem services in smallholder coffee production systems
by Cerdán, C.R. & Rebolledo, M.C. & Soto, G. & Rapidel, B. & Sinclair, F.L.