2016, Volume 142, Issue C
- 1-8 Phosphorus management on Irish dairy farms post controls introduced under the EU Nitrates Directive
by Buckley, Cathal & Wall, David P. & Moran, Brian & O'Neill, Stephen & Murphy, Paul N.C.
- 9-22 Ex-ante analysis of opportunities for the sustainable intensification of maize production in Mozambique
by Roxburgh, Caspar W. & Rodriguez, Daniel
- 23-32 Producing oat drink or cow's milk on a Swedish farm — Environmental impacts considering the service of grazing, the opportunity cost of land and the demand for beef and protein
by Röös, Elin & Patel, Mikaela & Spångberg, Johanna
- 33-40 The Harrington Seed Destructor: Its role and value in farming systems facing the challenge of herbicide-resistant weeds
by Jacobs, A. & Kingwell, R.
- 41-50 Ambient climate and soil effects on the headspace under clear mulch film
by Lisson, S.N. & Tarbath, M. & Corkrey, R. & Pinkard, E.A. & Laycock, B. & Howden, S.M. & Botwright Acuña, T. & Makin, A.
- 51-69 Field-scale modeling of tree–crop interactions: Challenges and development needs
by Luedeling, Eike & Smethurst, Philip J. & Baudron, Frédéric & Bayala, Jules & Huth, Neil I. & van Noordwijk, Meine & Ong, Chin K. & Mulia, Rachmat & Lusiana, Betha & Muthuri, Catherine & Sinclair, Fergus L.
- 70-83 Scenarios for Australian agricultural production and land use to 2050
by Grundy, Michael J. & Bryan, Brett A. & Nolan, Martin & Battaglia, Michael & Hatfield-Dodds, Steve & Connor, Jeffery D. & Keating, Brian A.
- 84-98 Evaluation of the economic feasibility of water harvesting for irrigation in a large semi-arid tropical catchment in northern Australia
by Petheram, C. & McKellar, L. & Holz, L. & Poulton, P. & Podger, S. & Yeates, S.
- 99-111 Carbon footprint of heliciculture: A case study from an Italian experimental farm
by Forte, Annachiara & Zucaro, Amalia & De Vico, Gionata & Fierro, Angelo
- 112-121 Designing a three-dimensional performance measurement system (SMD3D) for the wine industry: A Chilean example
by Valenzuela, Lionel & Maturana, Sergio
- 122-130 Farmers as agents in innovation systems. Empowering farmers for innovation through communities of practice
by Dolinska, Aleksandra & d'Aquino, Patrick
2015, Volume 141, Issue C
- 1-13 Cooperative agricultural production to exploit individual heterogeneity under a delivery target: The case of cotton in Uzbekistan
by Djanibekov, Nodir & Djanibekov, Utkur & Sommer, Rolf & Petrick, Martin
- 14-23 Trade-offs between profit, production, and environmental footprint on pasture-based dairy farms in the Waikato region of New Zealand
by Doole, Graeme J. & Romera, Alvaro J.
- 24-35 Analysing yield trends in the South African sugar industry
by Jones, M.R. & Singels, A.
- 36-47 Impacts of animal genetic gain on the profitability of three different grassland farming systems producing red meat
by Thompson, B.R. & Stevens, D.R. & Bywater, A.C. & Rendel, J.M. & Cox, N.R.
- 48-57 A spatial micro-econometric approach to estimating climate change impacts on wine firm performance: A case study from Moldavia region, Romania
by De Salvo, Maria & Begalli, Diego & Capitello, Roberta & Signorello, Giovanni
- 58-68 Costs and benefits of ammonia and particulate matter abatement in German agriculture including interactions with greenhouse gas emissions
by Wagner, Susanne & Angenendt, Elisabeth & Beletskaya, Olga & Zeddies, Jürgen
- 69-78 Understanding socio-economic and policy constraints to dairy development in Ethiopia: A coupled functional-structural innovation systems analysis
by Kebebe, E. & Duncan, AJ & Klerkx, L. & de Boer, I.J.M. & Oosting, S.J.
- 79-93 How land allocation and technology innovation affect the sustainability of agriculture in Argentina Pampas: An expanded life cycle analysis
by Rótolo, G.C. & Montico, S. & Francis, C.A. & Ulgiati, S.
- 94-106 Improving operational maize yield forecasting in Hungary
by Bussay, Attila & van der Velde, Marijn & Fumagalli, Davide & Seguini, Lorenzo
- 107-112 Which farm characteristics influence work satisfaction? An analysis of two agricultural systems
by Besser, T. & Mann, S.
- 113-120 Optimizing yield distribution under biological and economic constraints: Florida strawberries as a model for perishable commodities
by Wu, Feng & Guan, Zhengfei & Whitaker, Vance
- 121-125 Taken as a given: Evaluating the accuracy of remotely sensed crop data in the USA
by Larsen, Ashley E. & Hendrickson, Brandon T. & Dedeic, Nicholas & MacDonald, Andrew J.
- 126-137 Resource use and benefits of mixed farming approach in arecanut ecosystem in India
by S., Sujatha & Bhat, Ravi
- 138-148 Faba beans for biorefinery feedstock or feed? Greenhouse gas and energy balances of different applications
by Karlsson, Hanna & Ahlgren, Serina & Strid, Ingrid & Hansson, Per-Anders
- 149-159 Combining participatory approaches and an agent-based model for better planning shrimp aquaculture
by Joffre, Olivier M. & Bosma, Roel H. & Ligtenberg, Arend & Tri, Van Pham Dang & Ha, Tran Thi Phung & Bregt, Arnold K.
- 160-173 Sustainable agricultural development in a rural area in the Netherlands? Assessing impacts of climate and socio-economic change at farm and landscape level
by Reidsma, Pytrik & Bakker, Martha M. & Kanellopoulos, Argyris & Alam, Shah J. & Paas, Wim & Kros, Johannes & de Vries, Wim
2015, Volume 140, Issue C
- 1-10 Comparison of the DNDC, LandscapeDNDC and IAP-N-GAS models for simulating nitrous oxide and nitric oxide emissions from the winter wheat–summer maize rotation system
by Zhang, Wei & Liu, Chunyan & Zheng, Xunhua & Zhou, Zaixing & Cui, Feng & Zhu, Bo & Haas, Edwin & Klatt, Steffen & Butterbach-Bahl, Klaus & Kiese, Ralf
- 11-18 Environmental and economic impacts of agri-environmental schemes designed in French West Indies to enhance soil C sequestration and reduce pollution risks. A modelling approach
by Blazy, Jean-Marc & Barlagne, Carla & Sierra, Jorge
- 19-25 Assessing sustainability of winter wheat production under climate change scenarios in a humid climate — An integrated modelling framework
by El Chami, D. & Daccache, A.
- 26-39 MOSAICA: A multi-scale bioeconomic model for the design and ex ante assessment of cropping system mosaics
by Chopin, Pierre & Doré, Thierry & Guindé, Loïc & Blazy, Jean-Marc
- 40-47 Whole-farm phosphorus loss from grazing-based dairy farms
by Vadas, Peter A. & Mark Powell, J. & Brink, Geoff E. & Busch, Dennis L. & Good, Laura W.
- 48-55 Developing a nationally appropriate mitigation measure from the greenhouse gas GHG abatement potential from livestock production in the Brazilian Cerrado
by de Oliveira Silva, Rafael & Barioni, Luis G. & Albertini, Tiago Zanett & Eory, Vera & Topp, Cairistiona F.E. & Fernandes, Fernando A. & Moran, Dominic
- 56-73 Combined analysis of climate, technological and price changes on future arable farming systems in Europe
by Wolf, Joost & Kanellopoulos, Argyris & Kros, Johannes & Webber, Heidi & Zhao, Gang & Britz, Wolfgang & Reinds, Gert Jan & Ewert, Frank & de Vries, Wim
- 74-86 A recipe for co-management of forest and livestock — Results of bio-economic model at a village level in Iran
by Soltani, Arezoo & Sankhayan, Prem L. & Hofstad, Ole
2015, Volume 139, Issue C
- 1-16 An economic theory-based explanatory model of agricultural land-use patterns: The Netherlands as a case study
by Diogo, V. & Koomen, E. & Kuhlman, T.
- 17-28 Tradeoffs between production and perennial vegetation in dairy farming systems vary among counties in the northeastern U.S
by Franklin Egan, J. & Hafla, Aimee & Goslee, Sarah
- 29-37 Integrated manure management to reduce environmental impact: I. Structured design of strategies
by De Vries, J.W. & Hoogmoed, W.B. & Groenestein, C.M. & Schröder, J.J. & Sukkel, W. & De Boer, I.J.M. & Groot Koerkamp, P.W.G.
- 38-49 Generating transformative agency among horticultural producers: An activity-theoretical approach to transforming Integrated Pest Management
by Vänninen, Irene & Pereira-Querol, Marco & Engeström, Yrjö
- 50-65 Boosting the productivity and profitability of northern Australian beef enterprises: Exploring innovation options using simulation modelling and systems analysis
by Ash, Andrew & Hunt, Leigh & McDonald, Cam & Scanlan, Joe & Bell, Lindsay & Cowley, Robyn & Watson, Ian & McIvor, John & MacLeod, Neil
- 66-75 Occasional mouldboard ploughing slows evolution of resistance and reduces long-term weed populations in no-till systems
by Renton, Michael & Flower, Ken C.
- 76-81 Management flexibility of a grassland agroecosystem: A modeling approach based on viability theory
by Sabatier, R. & Oates, L.G. & Jackson, R.D.
- 82-92 Nitrogen soil surface balance of organic vs conventional cash crop farming in the Seine watershed
by Anglade, J. & Billen, G. & Garnier, J. & Makridis, T. & Puech, T. & Tittel, C.
- 93-99 Representative soil profiles for the Harmonized World Soil Database at different spatial resolutions for agricultural modelling applications
by Jones, Peter G. & Thornton, Philip K.
- 100-109 A framework for quantitative analysis of livestock systems using theoretical concepts of production ecology
by van der Linden, Aart & Oosting, Simon J. & van de Ven, Gerrie W.J. & de Boer, Imke J.M. & van Ittersum, Martin K.
- 110-121 Social seed networks: Identifying central farmers for equitable seed access
by Ricciardi, Vincent
- 122-143 Economic evaluation of irrigated forage production in a beef cattle operation in the semi-arid tropics of northern Australia
by Monjardino, M. & MacLeod, N. & McKellar, L. & Prestwidge, D.
- 144-152 Support system for decision making in the management of the greenhouse environmental based on growth model for sweet pepper
by Sánchez-Molina, J.A. & Pérez, N. & Rodríguez, F. & Guzmán, J.L. & López, J.C.
- 153-165 How to avoid unsustainable side effects of managing climate risk in drylands — The supplementary feeding controversy
by Müller, Birgit & Schulze, Jule & Kreuer, David & Linstädter, Anja & Frank, Karin
- 166-179 Untangling crop management and environmental influences on wheat yield variability in Bangladesh: An application of non-parametric approaches
by Krupnik, Timothy J. & Ahmed, Zia Uddin & Timsina, Jagadish & Yasmin, Samina & Hossain, Farhad & Al Mamun, Abdullah & Mridha, Aminul Islam & McDonald, Andrew J.
- 180-195 Environmental implications of using ‘underutilised agricultural land’ for future bioenergy crop production
by Miyake, Saori & Smith, Carl & Peterson, Ann & McAlpine, Clive & Renouf, Marguerite & Waters, David
- 196-209 Farm biogas production in organic agriculture: System implications
by Siegmeier, Torsten & Blumenstein, Benjamin & Möller, Detlev
- 210-222 Understanding farm trajectories and development pathways: Two decades of change in southern Mali
by Falconnier, Gatien N. & Descheemaeker, Katrien & Van Mourik, Thomas A. & Sanogo, Ousmane M. & Giller, Ken E.
- 223-237 Impact of potential climate change on crop yield and water footprint of rice in the Po valley of Italy
by Bocchiola, D.
- 238-249 Carbon dioxide emission reduction by heating poultry houses from renewable energy sources in Central Europe
by Kapica, Jacek & Pawlak, Halina & Ścibisz, Marek
- 250-259 Biomass supply and nutrient runoff abatement under alternative biofuel feedstock production subsidies
by Zhou, Xia “Vivian” & Clark, Christopher D. & Lambert, Dayton M. & English, Burton C. & Larson, James A. & Boyer, Christopher N.
- 260-270 Simulated impacts of climate change on water use and yield of irrigated sugarcane in South Africa
by Jones, M.R. & Singels, A. & Ruane, A.C.
- 271-281 Distributional consequences of upstream tree plantations on downstream water users in a Public–Private Benefit Framework
by Nordblom, T.L. & Hume, I.H. & Finlayson, J.D. & Pannell, D.J. & Holland, J.E. & McClintock, A.J.
2015, Volume 138, Issue C
- 1-9 Assessing the SIMDualKc model for estimating evapotranspiration of hot pepper grown in a solar greenhouse in Northwest China
by Qiu, Rangjian & Du, Taisheng & Kang, Shaozhong & Chen, Renqiang & Wu, Laosheng
- 10-17 Economics of nutrient management systems for compliance with phosphorus regulations: Method and case study
by Mann, Janelle & Grant, Charles
- 18-30 Coordination of perishable crop production using auction mechanisms
by Mason, A. Nicholas & Villalobos, J. Rene
- 31-37 Using a team survey to improve team communication for enhanced delivery of agro-climate decision support tools
by Prokopy, Linda S. & Hart, Chad E. & Massey, Raymond & Widhalm, Melissa & Klink, Jenna & Andresen, Jeffrey & Angel, James & Blewett, Thomas & Doering, Otto C. & Elmore, Roger & Gramig, Benjamin M. & Guinan, Patrick & Hall, Beth L. & Jain, Atul & Knutson, Cody L. & Lemos, Maria Carmen & Morton, Lois Wright & Niyogi, Dev & Power, Rebecca & Shulski, Martha D. & Song, Carol X. & Takle, Eugene S. & Todey, Dennis
- 38-45 Environmental impact of Agaricus bisporus mycelium production
by Leiva, F.J. & Saenz-Díez, J.C. & Martínez, E. & Jiménez, E. & Blanco, J.
- 46-54 Management opportunities for boosting productivity of cool-temperate dairy farms under climate change
by Phelan, David C. & Harrison, Matthew T. & Kemmerer, Ernst P. & Parsons, David
- 55-65 Analysis of animal monitoring technologies in Germany from an innovation system perspective
by Busse, M. & Schwerdtner, W. & Siebert, R. & Doernberg, A. & Kuntosch, A. & König, B. & Bokelmann, W.
- 66-76 Modeling crop rotation in agricultural LCAs — Challenges and potential solutions
by Brankatschk, Gerhard & Finkbeiner, Matthias
- 77-87 Economic feasibility of sugar and ethanol production in Brazil under alternative future prices outlook
by Rezende, Marcelo L. & Richardson, James W.
- 88-99 Integrated manure management to reduce environmental impact: II. Environmental impact assessment of strategies
by De Vries, J.W. & Groenestein, C.M. & Schröder, J.J. & Hoogmoed, W.B. & Sukkel, W. & Groot Koerkamp, P.W.G. & De Boer, I.J.M.
- 100-115 Assessment of functional forms of crop yield loss models of invasive plant species applied in decision support tools and bioeconomic modelling
by Dhakal, Bhubaneswor & Scanlan, Joe
2015, Volume 137, Issue C
- 1-11 Optimizing ration formulation as a strategy for greenhouse gas mitigation in intensive dairy production systems
by Hawkins, James & Weersink, Alfons & Wagner-Riddle, Claudia & Fox, Glenn
- 12-23 Modelling farmer decision-making to anticipate tradeoffs between provisioning ecosystem services and biodiversity
by Guillem, E.E. & Murray-Rust, D. & Robinson, D.T. & Barnes, A. & Rounsevell, M.D.A.
- 24-38 Production potential of Lentil (Lens culinaris Medik.) in East Africa
by Ghanem, Michel Edmond & Marrou, Hélène & Biradar, Chandrashekhar & Sinclair, Thomas R.
- 39-50 Applying a transdisciplinary process to define a research agenda in a smallholder irrigated farming system in South Africa
by Musvoto, Constansia & Mason, Nathaniel & Jovanovic, Nebo & Froebrich, Jochen & Tshovhote, Jane & Nemakhavhani, Mpho & Khabe, Themba
- 51-63 Simulation study of the impact of changed cropping practices in conventional and GM maize on weeds and associated biodiversity
by Bürger, Jana & Darmency, Henri & Granger, Sylvie & Guyot, Sébastien H.M. & Messéan, Antoine & Colbach, Nathalie
- 64-75 Quantification of greenhouse gas emissions for carbon neutral farming in the Southeastern USA
by Torres, Carlos M.M. Eleto & Kohmann, Marta M. & Fraisse, Clyde W.
- 76-88 A systematic approach for assessing spatially and temporally differentiated opportunity costs of biodiversity conservation measures in grasslands
by Mewes, Melanie & Drechsler, Martin & Johst, Karin & Sturm, Astrid & Wätzold, Frank
- 89-100 Higher energy concentration traits in perennial ryegrass (Lolium perenne L.) may increase profitability and improve energy conversion on dairy farms
by Ludemann, C.I. & Eckard, R.J. & Cullen, B.R. & Jacobs, J.L. & Malcolm, B. & Smith, K.F.
- 101-107 Closing the technological gap of animal and crop production through technical assistance
by Pacín, Fernando & Oesterheld, Martín
- 108-118 Farmer risk-aversion limits closure of yield and profit gaps: A study of nitrogen management in the southern Australian wheatbelt
by Monjardino, M. & McBeath, T. & Ouzman, J. & Llewellyn, R. & Jones, B.
- 119-125 The net contribution of dairy production to human food supply: The case of Austrian dairy farms
by Ertl, Paul & Klocker, Hannes & Hörtenhuber, Stefan & Knaus, Wilhelm & Zollitsch, Werner
- 126-138 Stochastic uncertainty and sensitivities of nitrogen flows on dairy farms in The Netherlands
by Oenema, Jouke & Burgers, Saskia & van Keulen, Herman & van Ittersum, Martin
- 139-153 A comparison of farming practices and performance for wheat production in Haryana, India
by Coventry, D.R. & Poswal, R.S. & Yadav, Ashok & Riar, Amritbir Singh & Zhou, Yi & Kumar, Anuj & Chand, Ramesh & Chhokar, R.S. & Sharma, R.K. & Yadav, V.K. & Gupta, R.K. & Mehta, Anil & Cummins, J.A.
- 154-165 Motivations and attitudes influence farmers' willingness to participate in biodiversity conservation contracts
by Greiner, Romy
- 166-179 Improving crop production for food security and improved livelihoods on the East India Plateau. I. Rainfall-related risks with rice and opportunities for improved cropping systems
by Cornish, Peter S. & Karmakar, Dinabandhu & Kumar, Ashok & Das, Sudipta & Croke, Barry
- 180-190 Improving crop production for food security and improved livelihoods on the East India Plateau II. Crop options, alternative cropping systems and capacity building
by Cornish, Peter S. & Choudhury, Avijit & Kumar, Ashok & Das, Sudipta & Kumbakhar, Kuntalika & Norrish, Shane & Kumar, Shivendra
- 191-205 Quantifying crop water stress factors from soil water measurements in a limited irrigation experiment
by Saseendran, S.A. & Trout, T.J. & Ahuja, L.R. & Ma, L. & McMaster, G.S. & Nielsen, D.C. & Andales, A.A. & Chávez, J.L. & Ham, J.
- 206-219 Soil improvement and mitigation of greenhouse gas emissions for integrated crop–livestock systems: Case study assessment in the Pantanal savanna highland, Brazil
by Buller, Luz Selene & Bergier, Ivan & Ortega, Enrique & Moraes, Anibal & Bayma-Silva, Gustavo & Zanetti, Marilia Ribeiro
- 220-226 Whole-farm economic and risk effects of conservation agriculture in a crop-livestock system in western China
by Komarek, Adam M. & Li, LingLing & Bellotti, William D.
- 227-235 Quantifying production losses due to drought and submergence of rainfed rice at the household level using remotely sensed MODIS data
by Mottaleb, Khondoker Abdul & Gumma, Murali K. & Mishra, Ashok K. & Mohanty, Samarendu
2015, Volume 136, Issue C
- 1-13 Using agro-environmental models to design a sustainable benchmark for the sustainable value method
by Merante, Paolo & Van Passel, Steven & Pacini, Cesare
- 14-29 Possible implications of dietary changes on nutrient fluxes, environment and land use in Austria
by Thaler, S. & Zessner, M. & Weigl, M. & Rechberger, H. & Schilling, K. & Kroiss, H.
- 30-38 Impacts of agricultural water interventions on farm income: An example from the Kothapally watershed, India
by Karlberg, L. & Garg, K.K. & Barron, J. & Wani, S.P.
- 39-45 Organic agriculture values and practices in Portugal and Italy
by Dinis, Isabel & Ortolani, Livia & Bocci, Riccardo & Brites, Cláudia
- 46-60 Eco-efficient production of spring barley in a changed climate: A Life Cycle Assessment including primary data from future climate scenarios
by Niero, Monia & Ingvordsen, Cathrine H. & Peltonen-Sainio, Pirjo & Jalli, Marja & Lyngkjær, Michael F. & Hauschild, Michael Z. & Jørgensen, Rikke B.
- 61-69 Organic versus conventional systems in viticulture: Comparative effects on spiders and carabids in vineyards and adjacent forests
by Caprio, Enrico & Nervo, Beatrice & Isaia, Marco & Allegro, Gianni & Rolando, Antonio
- 70-78 Increasing the cost-effectiveness of EU agri-environment policy measures through evaluation of farm and field-level environmental and economic performance
by Pacini, G. Cesare & Merante, Paolo & Lazzerini, Giulio & Van Passel, Steven
- 79-84 Science for food, climate protection and welfare: An economic analysis of plant breeding research in Germany
by Lotze-Campen, Hermann & von Witzke, Harald & Noleppa, Steffen & Schwarz, Gerald
- 85-95 The profitability of harvesting grass silages at early maturity stages: An analysis of dairy farming systems in Norway
by Flaten, O. & Bakken, A.K. & Randby, Å.T.
- 96-105 Toward sustainable coffee production in Vietnam: More coffee with less water
by Amarasinghe, Upali A. & Hoanh, Chu Thai & D'haeze, Dave & Hung, Tran Quoc
- 106-113 Substitution of corn silage with sorghum silages in lactating cow diets: In vivo methane emission and global warming potential of milk production
by Colombini, Stefania & Zucali, Maddalena & Rapetti, Luca & Crovetto, G. Matteo & Sandrucci, Anna & Bava, Luciana
- 114-124 Dry sowing increases farm level wheat yields but not production risks in a Mediterranean environment
by Fletcher, Andrew L. & Robertson, Michael J. & Abrecht, Doug G. & Sharma, Darshan L. & Holzworth, Dean P.
- 125-137 Effects of technical interventions on flexibility of farming systems in Burkina Faso: Lessons for the design of innovations in West Africa
by Andrieu, Nadine & Descheemaeker, Katrien & Sanou, Thierry & Chia, Eduardo
- 138-146 Improving greenhouse gas emissions intensities of subtropical and tropical beef farming systems using Leucaena leucocephala
by Harrison, Matthew T. & McSweeney, Chris & Tomkins, Nigel W. & Eckard, Richard J.
2015, Volume 135, Issue C
- 1-9 Managing greenhouse gas emissions in two major dairy regions of New Zealand: A system-level evaluation
by Adler, Alfredo A. & Doole, Graeme J. & Romera, Alvaro J. & Beukes, Pierre C.
- 10-19 Dynamic changes in spatial competition for the nitrogen fertilizer industry in the United States
by Wilson, William W. & Shakya, Sumadhur & Dahl, Bruce
- 20-30 An analysis of the socio-economic factors influencing the adoption of conservation agriculture as a climate change mitigation activity in Australian dryland grain production
by Rochecouste, Jean-Francois & Dargusch, Paul & Cameron, Donald & Smith, Carl
- 31-47 Parameter and uncertainty estimation for maize, peanut and cotton using the SALUS crop model
by Dzotsi, K.A. & Basso, B. & Jones, J.W.
- 48-56 When do I want to know and why? Different demands on sugarcane yield predictions
by Bocca, Felipe Ferreira & Rodrigues, Luiz Henrique Antunes & Arraes, Nilson Antonio Modesto
- 57-65 The financial implications of converting farmland to state-supported environmental plantings in the Darling Downs region, Queensland
by Maraseni, Tek Narayan & Cockfield, Geoff
- 66-76 Leverages for on-farm innovation from farm typologies? An illustration for family-based dairy farms in north-west Michoacán, Mexico
by Cortez-Arriola, José & Rossing, Walter A.H. & Massiotti, Ricardo D. Améndola & Scholberg, Johannes M.S. & Groot, Jeroen C.J. & Tittonell, Pablo
- 77-89 Resource use assessment of an agricultural system from a life cycle perspective – a dairy farm as case study
by Huysveld, Sophie & Van linden, Veerle & De Meester, Steven & Peiren, Nico & Muylle, Hilde & Lauwers, Ludwig & Dewulf, Jo
- 90-104 Evaluation of the DSSAT-CSM for simulating yield and soil organic C and N of a long-term maize and wheat rotation experiment in the Loess Plateau of Northwestern China
by Li, Zhuo Ting & Yang, J.Y. & Drury, C.F. & Hoogenboom, G.
- 105-111 Long-term reduction of nitrogen fertilizer use through knowledge training in rice production in China
by Huang, Jikun & Huang, Zhurong & Jia, Xiangping & Hu, Ruifa & Xiang, Cheng
- 112-121 Application of partial order ranking to identify enhancement potentials for the provision of selected ecosystem services by different land use strategies
by Tsonkova, Penka & Böhm, Christian & Quinkenstein, Ansgar & Freese, Dirk
- 122-132 Information networks that generate economic value: A study on clusters of adopters of new or improved technologies and practices among oil palm growers in Mexico
by Aguilar-Gallegos, Norman & Muñoz-Rodríguez, Manrrubio & Santoyo-Cortés, Horacio & Aguilar-Ávila, Jorge & Klerkx, Laurens
- 133-140 Sustainable intensification in drylands: What resilience and vulnerability can tell us
by Robinson, Lance W. & Ericksen, Polly J. & Chesterman, Sabrina & Worden, Jeffrey S.
- 143-158 A conceptual study of value chain analysis as a tool for assessing a veterinary surveillance system for poultry in Great Britain
by Irvine, Richard M.
2015, Volume 134, Issue C
- 6-16 Crop residue management and soil health: A systems analysis
by Turmel, Marie-Soleil & Speratti, Alicia & Baudron, Frédéric & Verhulst, Nele & Govaerts, Bram
- 17-23 Determinants of maize stover utilization as feed, fuel and soil amendment in mixed crop-livestock systems, Ethiopia
by Jaleta, Moti & Kassie, Menale & Erenstein, Olaf
- 24-35 Feeding, crop residue and manure management for integrated soil fertility management – A case study from Kenya
by Castellanos-Navarrete, A. & Tittonell, P. & Rufino, M.C. & Giller, K.E.
- 36-47 Trade-offs around the use of biomass for livestock feed and soil cover in dairy farms in the Alaotra lake region of Madagascar
by Naudin, K. & Bruelle, G. & Salgado, P. & Penot, E. & Scopel, E. & Lubbers, M. & de Ridder, N. & Giller, K.E.
- 48-60 Economic trade-offs of biomass use in crop-livestock systems: Exploring more sustainable options in semi-arid Zimbabwe
by Homann-Kee Tui, Sabine & Valbuena, Diego & Masikati, Patricia & Descheemaeker, Katrien & Nyamangara, Justice & Claessens, Lieven & Erenstein, Olaf & van Rooyen, Andre & Nkomboni, Daniel
- 61-75 Social and income trade-offs of conservation agriculture practices on crop residue use in Mexico’s central highlands
by Beuchelt, Tina D. & Camacho Villa, Carolina T. & Göhring, Lutz & Hernández Rodríguez, Víctor M. & Hellin, Jon & Sonder, Kai & Erenstein, Olaf
- 76-83 Property rights enforcement and no-till adoption in crop-livestock systems
by Magnan, Nicholas
- 84-96 From farm scale synergies to village scale trade-offs: Cereal crop residues use in an agro-pastoral system of the Sudanian zone of Burkina Faso
by Andrieu, N. & Vayssières, J. & Corbeels, M. & Blanchard, M. & Vall, E. & Tittonell, P.
- 97-106 Multi-scale trade-off analysis of cereal residue use for livestock feeding vs. soil mulching in the Mid-Zambezi Valley, Zimbabwe
by Baudron, Frédéric & Delmotte, Sylvestre & Corbeels, Marc & Herrera, Juan M. & Tittonell, Pablo
- 107-118 Identifying determinants, pressures and trade-offs of crop residue use in mixed smallholder farms in Sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia
by Valbuena, Diego & Tui, Sabine Homann-Kee & Erenstein, Olaf & Teufel, Nils & Duncan, Alan & Abdoulaye, Tahirou & Swain, Braja & Mekonnen, Kindu & Germaine, Ibro & Gérard, Bruno
- 119-128 Tradeoffs around crop residue biomass in smallholder crop-livestock systems – What’s next?
by Tittonell, Pablo & Gérard, Bruno & Erenstein, Olaf
2015, Volume 133, Issue C
- 1-13 Taking from cotton to grow maize: The shifting practices of small-holder farmers in the cotton belt of Mali
by Laris, Paul & Foltz, Jeremy D. & Voorhees, Briton
- 14-21 A succession-energy framework for reducing non-target impacts of annual crop production
by Smith, Richard G.
- 22-34 Socioeconomic and environmental assessment of biodiesel crops on family farming systems in Brazil
by Dal Belo Leite, João Guilherme & Justino, Flávio Barbosa & Silva, João Vasco & Florin, Madeleine J. & van Ittersum, Martin K.
- 35-53 A diagnostic system to assess sustainability at a farm level: The SOSTARE model
by Paracchini, Maria Luisa & Bulgheroni, Claudia & Borreani, Giorgio & Tabacco, Ernesto & Banterle, Alessandro & Bertoni, Danilo & Rossi, Graziano & Parolo, Gilberto & Origgi, Roberto & De Paola, Claudio
- 54-62 Conceptualising farming systems for agricultural development research: Cases from Eastern and Southern Africa
by Whitfield, Stephen & Dixon, Jami L. & Mulenga, Brian P. & Ngoma, Hambulo
- 63-72 Whole-farm economic, risk and resource-use trade-offs associated with integrating forages into crop–livestock systems in western China
by Komarek, Adam M. & Bell, Lindsay W. & Whish, Jeremy P.M. & Robertson, Michael J. & Bellotti, William D.
- 73-84 Efficient economic and environmental management of pastoral systems: Theory and application
by Doole, Graeme J. & Kingwell, Ross
- 85-96 Efficiency and stability in subtropical beef cattle grazing systems in the northwest of Argentina
by Nasca, J.A. & Feldkamp, C.R. & Arroquy, J.I. & Colombatto, D.
- 97-108 The economics of irrigating wheat in a humid climate – A study in the East of England
by El Chami, D. & Knox, J.W. & Daccache, A. & Weatherhead, E.K.
- 109-118 Resource use and greenhouse gas intensity of Australian beef production: 1981–2010
by Wiedemann, S.G. & Henry, B.K. & McGahan, E.J. & Grant, T. & Murphy, C.M. & Niethe, G.
- 119-130 Diversity in success: Interaction between external interventions and local actions in three rice farming areas in Benin
by Totin, Edmond & van Mierlo, Barbara & Mongbo, Roch & Leeuwis, Cees
- 131-142 Spatio-temporal performance of large-scale Gezira Irrigation Scheme, Sudan
by Al Zayed, Islam Sabry & Elagib, Nadir Ahmed & Ribbe, Lars & Heinrich, Jürgen
- 143-157 Impact of prospective climate change on water resources and crop yields in the Indrawati basin, Nepal
by Palazzoli, I. & Maskey, S. & Uhlenbrook, S. & Nana, E. & Bocchiola, D.
- 158-166 Systemic adaptations to climate change in southern Australian grasslands and livestock: Production, profitability, methane emission and ecosystem function
by Ghahramani, Afshin & Moore, Andrew D.
- 167-176 Ecological recycling agriculture can reduce inorganic nitrogen losses – model results from three Finnish catchments
by Granlund, Kirsti & Rankinen, Katri & Etheridge, Randall & Seuri, Pentti & Lehtoranta, Jouni
- 177-189 Potential effects of perfect seasonal climate forecasting on agricultural markets, welfare and land use: A case study of Spain
by Choi, Hyung Sik & Schneider, Uwe A. & Rasche, Livia & Cui, Junbo & Schmid, Erwin & Held, Hermann
2015, Volume 132, Issue C
- 1-11 RAAIS: Rapid Appraisal of Agricultural Innovation Systems (Part I). A diagnostic tool for integrated analysis of complex problems and innovation capacity
by Schut, Marc & Klerkx, Laurens & Rodenburg, Jonne & Kayeke, Juma & Hinnou, Léonard C. & Raboanarielina, Cara M. & Adegbola, Patrice Y. & van Ast, Aad & Bastiaans, Lammert
- 12-24 RAAIS: Rapid Appraisal of Agricultural Innovation Systems (Part II). Integrated analysis of parasitic weed problems in rice in Tanzania
by Schut, Marc & Rodenburg, Jonne & Klerkx, Laurens & Kayeke, Juma & van Ast, Aad & Bastiaans, Lammert
- 25-34 Can animal genetics and flock management be used to reduce greenhouse gas emissions but also maintain productivity of wool-producing enterprises?
by Alcock, Douglas J. & Harrison, Matthew T. & Rawnsley, Richard P. & Eckard, Richard J.
- 35-39 Tillage systems effects on soil carbon stock and physical fractions of soil organic matter
by Pinheiro, Érika Flávia Machado & de Campos, David Vilas Boas & de Carvalho Balieiro, Fabiano & dos Anjos, Lúcia Helena Cunha & Pereira, Marcos Gervasio
- 40-51 Environmental consequences of adaptation to climate change in Swiss agriculture: An analysis at farm level
by Tendall, Danielle M. & Gaillard, Gérard
- 52-61 A conceptual framework to support adaptation of farming systems – Development and application with Forage Rummy
by Martin, G.
- 62-72 Identifying management strategies to improve sustainability and household income for herders on the desert steppe in Inner Mongolia, China
by Li, Zhiguo & Han, Guodong & Zhao, Mengli & Wang, Jing & Wang, Zhongwu & Kemp, David R. & Michalk, David L. & Wilkes, Andreas & Behrendt, Karl & Wang, Hong & Langford, Colin
- 73-84 A review of post-war changes in rice farming and biodiversity in Japan
by Katayama, Naoki & Baba, Yuki G. & Kusumoto, Yoshinobu & Tanaka, Koichi
- 93-106 Land health surveillance and response: A framework for evidence-informed land management
by Shepherd, Keith D. & Shepherd, Gemma & Walsh, Markus G.
- 107-120 An analysis of Northern Ireland farmers' experiences of using a target-driven beef heifer growth management plan and development of an empirical model leading to the launch of a decision support tool to promote first calving of beef heifers at 24 months
by Titterington, F.M. & Morrison, S.J. & Lively, F.O. & Wylie, A.R.G. & Gordon, A.W. & Browne, M.R.
- 121-132 Economic impacts of nitrogen and phosphorus use efficiency on nineteen intensive grass-based dairy farms in the South of Ireland
by Mihailescu, E. & Ryan, W. & Murphy, P.N.C. & Casey, I.A. & Humphreys, J.
- 133-144 Climate change impacts on phenology and yields of five broadacre crops at four climatologically distinct locations in Australia
by Anwar, Muhuddin Rajin & Liu, De Li & Farquharson, Robert & Macadam, Ian & Abadi, Amir & Finlayson, John & Wang, Bin & Ramilan, Thiagarajah
- 145-156 The impacts of differentiated markets on the relationship between dairy processors and smallholder farmers in the Peruvian Andes
by Fuentes Navarro, E. & Faure, G. & Cortijo, E. & De Nys, E. & Bogue, J. & Gómez, C. & Mercado, W. & Gamboa, C. & Le Gal, P.-Y.
- 157-166 On-farm impact of the System of Rice Intensification (SRI): Evidence and knowledge gaps
by Berkhout, Ezra & Glover, Dominic & Kuyvenhoven, Arie
- 167-173 Integrating irrigation management for improved grain yield of winter wheat and rhizosphere AM fungal diversity in a semi-arid cropping system
by Liu, Run Jin & Sheng, Ping Ping & Hui, Hai Bin & Lin, Qi & Chen, Ying Long
2014, Volume 131, Issue C
- 1-10 Simulating potential growth and yield of oil palm (Elaeis guineensis) with PALMSIM: Model description, evaluation and application
by Hoffmann, M.P. & Castaneda Vera, A. & van Wijk, M.T. & Giller, K.E. & Oberthür, T. & Donough, C. & Whitbread, A.M.
- 11-22 The ‘One cow per poor family’ programme: Current and potential fodder availability within smallholder farming systems in southwest Rwanda
by Klapwijk, C.J. & Bucagu, C. & van Wijk, M.T. & Udo, H.M.J. & Vanlauwe, B. & Munyanziza, E. & Giller, K.E.
- 23-33 Increasing ewe genetic fecundity improves whole-farm production and reduces greenhouse gas emissions intensities
by Harrison, Matthew T. & Jackson, Tom & Cullen, Brendan R. & Rawnsley, Richard P. & Ho, Christie & Cummins, Leo & Eckard, Richard J.
- 34-44 Minimum tillage adoption among commercial smallholder cotton farmers in Zambia, 2002 to 2011
by Grabowski, Philip P. & Haggblade, Steven & Kabwe, Stephen & Tembo, Gelson
- 45-55 Narrowing the rice yield gap in East and Southern Africa: Using and adapting existing technologies
by Nhamo, Nhamo & Rodenburg, Jonne & Zenna, Negussie & Makombe, Godswill & Luzi-Kihupi, Ashura
- 56-63 Effects of modernization and medium term perspectives on water and energy use in irrigation districts
by Fernández García, I. & Rodríguez Díaz, J.A. & Camacho Poyato, E. & Montesinos, P. & Berbel, J.
- 64-76 Integrated assessment of biodiesel policies aimed at family farms in Brazil
by Leite, João Guilherme Dal Belo & Silva, João Vasco & van Ittersum, Martin K.
- 77-86 Location specific climate change scenario and its impact on rice and wheat in Central Indian Punjab
by Jalota, S.K. & Vashisht, B.B. & Kaur, Harsimran & Kaur, Samanpreet & Kaur, Prabhjyot
- 87-93 Farmland fragmentation due to anthropogenic activity in rapidly developing region
by Su, Shiliang & Hu, Yi’na & Luo, Fanghan & Mai, Gengchen & Wang, Yaping
- 94-104 Varying pasture growth and commodity prices change the value of traits in sheep breeding objectives
by Rose, G. & Mulder, H.A. & Thompson, A.N. & van der Werf, J.H.J. & van Arendonk, J.A.M.
- 105-115 Potential of life cycle assessment to support environmental decision making at commercial dairy farms
by Meul, Marijke & Van Middelaar, Corina E. & de Boer, Imke J.M. & Van Passel, Steven & Fremaut, Dirk & Haesaert, Geert
- 116-122 Determining the optimal harvest cycle for copaíba (Copaifera spp.) oleoresin production
by Klauberg, Carine & Vidal, Edson & Rodriguez, Luiz C.E. & Diaz-Balteiro, Luis
2014, Volume 130, Issue C
- 1-12 Optimizing diet and pasture management to improve sustainability of U.S. beef production
by White, Robin R. & Brady, Michael & Capper, Judith L. & Johnson, Kristen A.
- 13-22 Management of harvested C in smallholder mixed farming in Ethiopia
by Rimhanen, Karoliina & Kahiluoto, Helena
- 23-34 Impacts of climate change and variability on cattle production in southern Ethiopia: Perceptions and empirical evidence
by Megersa, Bekele & Markemann, André & Angassa, Ayana & Ogutu, Joseph O. & Piepho, Hans-Peter & Valle Zaráte, Anne
- 35-43 Feed conversions, ration compositions, and land use efficiencies of major livestock products in U.S. agricultural systems
by Peters, Christian J. & Picardy, Jamie A. & Darrouzet-Nardi, Amelia & Griffin, Timothy S.
- 44-54 Attitudes and behaviour of adopters of technological innovations in agricultural tractors: A case study in Italian agricultural system
by Cavallo, Eugenio & Ferrari, Ester & Bollani, Luigi & Coccia, Mario
- 55-66 The farm to biorefinery continuum: A techno-economic and LCA analysis of ethanol production from sweet sorghum juice
by Caffrey, Kevin R. & Veal, Matthew W. & Chinn, Mari S.
- 67-76 Synergies between cover crops and corn stover removal
by Pratt, Michelle R. & Tyner, Wallace E. & Muth, David J. & Kladivko, Eileen J.
- 77-88 Evaluation of the profitability of a new precision fungicide application system for strawberry production
by Vorotnikova, Ekaterina & Borisova, Tatiana & VanSickle, John J.
- 89-104 Virtual experiments using a participatory model to explore interactions between climatic variability and management decisions in extensive grazing systems in the basaltic region of Uruguay
by Dieguez Cameroni, F.J. & Terra, R. & Tabarez, S. & Bommel, P. & Corral, J. & Bartaburu, D. & Pereira, M. & Montes, E. & Duarte, E. & Morales Grosskopf, H.
- 105-115 Determinants of parasitic weed infestation in rainfed lowland rice in Benin
by N’cho, Simon Akahoua & Mourits, Monique & Rodenburg, Jonne & Demont, Matty & Oude Lansink, Alfons
- 116-125 A GIS-based agricultural land-use allocation model coupling increase and decrease in land demand
by Pilehforooshha, Parastoo & Karimi, Mohammad & Taleai, Mohammad
2014, Volume 128, Issue C
- 1-12 Integrated analysis of land use changes and their impacts on agrarian livelihoods in the western highlands of Kenya
by Mutoko, Morgan C. & Hein, Lars & Bartholomeus, Harm
- 13-24 From transfer to translation: Using systemic understandings of technology to understand drip irrigation uptake
by Garb, Yaakov & Friedlander, Lonia
- 25-34 Does investment in irrigation technology necessarily generate rebound effects? A simulation analysis based on an agro-economic model
by Berbel, J. & Mateos, L.
- 35-43 Analyzing diversification possibilities on specialized tobacco farms in Argentina using a bio-economic farm model
by Chavez, M.D. & Berentsen, P.B.M. & Oude Lansink, A.G.J.M.
- 44-54 Livelihood strategies and the role of livestock in the processes of adaptation to drought in the Coastal Zone of Western Desert (Egypt)
by Alary, V. & Messad, S. & Aboul-Naga, A. & Osman, M.A. & Daoud, I. & Bonnet, P. & Juanes, X. & Tourrand, J.F.
- 55-65 Livestock farmer perceptions of successful collaborative arrangements for manure exchange: A study in Denmark
by Asai, Masayasu & Langer, Vibeke & Frederiksen, Pia & Jacobsen, Brian H.
- 66-78 Emergy analysis of grain production systems on large-scale farms in the North China Plain based on LCA
by Wang, Xiaolong & Chen, Yuanquan & Sui, Peng & Gao, Wangsheng & Qin, Feng & Zhang, Jiansheng & Wu, Xia
2014, Volume 127, Issue C
- 1-8 Integration of forage, beef, and hog production systems in Western Canada: An economic assessment
by Brewin, Derek G. & Undi, Michael & Kulshreshtha, Suren & Wittenberg, Karin & Tenuta, Mario & Ominski, Kimberly H.
- 9-18 Effects of regional variation in climate and SOC decay on global warming potential and eutrophication attributable to cereal production in Norway
by Korsaeth, Audun & Henriksen, Trond Maukon & Roer, Anne-Grete & Hammer Strømman, Anders
- 19-27 Feeding high concentrations of corn dried distillers’ grains decreases methane, but increases nitrous oxide emissions from beef cattle production
by Hünerberg, Martin & Little, Shannan M. & Beauchemin, Karen A. & McGinn, Sean M. & O’Connor, Don & Okine, Erasmus K. & Harstad, Odd M. & Kröbel, Roland & McAllister, Tim A.
- 28-40 Merging remote sensing data and national agricultural statistics to model change in irrigated agriculture
by Brown, Jesslyn F. & Pervez, Md Shahriar
- 41-52 SyNE: An improved indicator to assess nitrogen efficiency of farming systems
by Godinot, O. & Carof, M. & Vertès, F. & Leterme, P.
- 53-60 Generating global crop distribution maps: From census to grid
by You, Liangzhi & Wood, Stanley & Wood-Sichra, Ulrike & Wu, Wenbin
- 61-69 The impact of field size and energy cost on the profitability of supplemental corn irrigation
by Boyer, Christopher N. & Larson, James A. & Roberts, Roland K. & McClure, Angela T. & Tyler, Donald D.
- 70-80 Long-term implications of water erosion in olive-growing areas in southern Spain arising from a model-based integrated assessment at hillside scale
by Ibáñez, Javier & Martínez-Valderrama, Jaime & Taguas, Encarnación V. & Gómez, José A.
- 81-89 An evaluation of the statistical methods for testing the performance of crop models with observed data
by Yang, J.M. & Yang, J.Y. & Liu, S. & Hoogenboom, G.
- 90-96 Analysis of conservation agriculture preferences for researchers, extension agents, and tribal farmers in Nepal using Analytic Hierarchy Process
by Reed, Brinton & Chan-Halbrendt, Catherine & Tamang, B.B. & Chaudhary, Narendra
- 97-114 Farm-level multifunctionality associated with farming techniques in olive growing: An integrated modeling approach
by Carmona-Torres, Carmen & Parra-López, Carlos & Hinojosa-Rodríguez, Ascensión & Sayadi, Samir