2012, Volume 113, Issue C
- 57-63 Building crop models within different crop modelling frameworks
by Adam, M. & Corbeels, M. & Leffelaar, P.A. & Van Keulen, H. & Wery, J. & Ewert, F.
- 64-72 Quantification of greenhouse gas emissions from open field-grown Florida tomato production
by Jones, Curtis D. & Fraisse, Clyde W. & Ozores-Hampton, Monica
2012, Volume 112, Issue C
- 1-10 A bioeconomic model for analysis of integrated weed management strategies for annual barnyardgrass (Echinochloa crus-galli complex) in Philippine rice farming systems
by Beltran, Jesusa C. & Pannell, David J. & Doole, Graeme J. & White, Benedict
- 11-16 Exploring the relationship between climate change and rice yield in Bangladesh: An analysis of time series data
by Sarker, Md. Abdur Rashid & Alam, Khorshed & Gow, Jeff
- 17-26 Tactical planning of the production and distribution of fresh agricultural products under uncertainty
by Ahumada, Omar & Rene Villalobos, J. & Nicholas Mason, A.
- 27-37 Assessing costs of soil carbon sequestration by crop-livestock farmers in Western Australia
by Kragt, Marit E. & Pannell, David J. & Robertson, Michael J. & Thamo, Tas
- 38-47 Farm level assessments of a novel drought tolerant forage: Tedera (Bituminaria bituminosa C.H. Stirt var. albomarginata)
by Finlayson, John & Real, Daniel & Nordblom, Tom & Revell, Clinton & Ewing, Mike & Kingwell, Ross
- 48-54 Changes in soil organic carbon and climate change – Application of the RothC model in agro-silvo-pastoral Mediterranean systems
by Francaviglia, Rosa & Coleman, Kevin & Whitmore, Andrew P. & Doro, Luca & Urracci, Giulia & Rubino, Mariateresa & Ledda, Luigi
2012, Volume 110, Issue C
- 1-9 Public policies for rural poverty alleviation: The case of agricultural households in the Plateau Central area of Burkina Faso
by Sanfo, Safiétou & Gérard, Françoise
- 10-16 Economic effects of climate change in the Murray–Darling Basin, Australia
by Jiang, Qiang & Grafton, R. Quentin
- 17-29 Coupling the Tradeoff Analysis Model with a market equilibrium model to analyze economic and environmental outcomes of agricultural production systems
by Valdivia, Roberto O. & Antle, John M. & Stoorvogel, Jetse J.
- 30-40 Water footprinting – A comparison of methods using New Zealand dairy farming as a case study
by Zonderland-Thomassen, M.A. & Ledgard, S.F.
- 41-53 Factors influencing farmers’ adoption of modern rice technologies and good management practices in the Philippines
by Mariano, Marc Jim & Villano, Renato & Fleming, Euan
- 54-62 Adoption of water conservation practices: A socioeconomic analysis of small-scale farmers in Central Chile
by Jara-Rojas, Roberto & Bravo-Ureta, Boris E. & Díaz, José
- 63-77 Multi-objective optimization and design of farming systems
by Groot, Jeroen C.J. & Oomen, Gerard J.M. & Rossing, Walter A.H.
- 78-89 Fertilizer use patterns in Yunnan Province, China: Implications for agricultural and environmental policy
by Yunju, Li & Kahrl, Fredrich & Jianjun, Pan & Roland-Holst, David & Yufang, Su & Wilkes, Andreas & Jianchu, Xu
- 90-106 Energy intensity in livestock operations – Modeling of dairy farming systems in Germany
by Kraatz, Simone
- 107-118 Assessing rural landholders diversity in the Wet Tropics region of Queensland, Australia in relation to natural resource management programs: A market segmentation approach
by Emtage, Nicholas & Herbohn, John
- 119-130 Local knowledge of impacts of tree cover on ecosystem services in smallholder coffee production systems
by Cerdán, C.R. & Rebolledo, M.C. & Soto, G. & Rapidel, B. & Sinclair, F.L.
- 131-141 Modeling herd development and revenues for Jabal Akhdar goats under current and intensified management practices
by Dickhoefer, Uta & Nagieb, Maher & dos Santos Neutzling, Aline & Buerkert, Andreas & Schlecht, Eva
- 142-151 Greenhouse gas emission intensities and economic efficiency in crop production: A systems analysis of 95 farms
by Bonesmo, Helge & Skjelvåg, Arne Oddvar & Henry Janzen, H. & Klakegg, Ove & Tveito, Ole Einar
- 152-161 Why has small-scale irrigation not responded to expectations with traditional subsistence farmers along the Senegal River in Mauritania?
by Comas, Jordi & Connor, David & Isselmou, Mohamed El Moctar & Mateos, Luciano & Gómez-Macpherson, Helena
- 162-172 Which policy would work better for improved soil fertility management in sub-Saharan Africa, fertilizer subsidies or carbon credits?
by Marenya, Paswel & Nkonya, Ephraim & Xiong, Wei & Deustua, Jose & Kato, Edward
- 173-177 Land-saving approaches and beef production growth in Brazil
by Martha, Geraldo B. & Alves, Eliseu & Contini, Elisio
2012, Volume 109, Issue C
- 1-8 Optimising control of an agricultural weed in sheep-production pastures
by Chalak, Morteza & Pannell, David J.
- 9-15 Agricultural information exchange and organizational ties: The effect of network topology on managing agrodiversity
by Isaac, Marney E.
- 16-24 Whole-farm effects of livestock intensification in smallholder systems in Gansu, China
by Komarek, Adam M. & McDonald, Cam K. & Bell, Lindsay W. & Whish, Jeremy P.M. & Robertson, Michael J. & MacLeod, Neil D. & Bellotti, William D.
- 25-34 Simulations of plant productivity are affected by modelling approaches of farm management
by Martin, G. & Duru, M. & Schellberg, J. & Ewert, F.
- 35-42 Water use in rain-fed farming at different scales in the Pampas of Argentina
by Frank, F.C. & Viglizzo, E.F.
- 43-52 Survey of nitrogen fertilizer use on corn in Minnesota
by Bierman, Peter M. & Rosen, Carl J. & Venterea, Rodney T. & Lamb, John A.
- 53-64 Farm systems assessment of bioenergy feedstock production: Integrating bio-economic models and life cycle analysis approaches
by Glithero, N.J. & Ramsden, S.J. & Wilson, P.
- 65-75 Field experiments on irrigation dilemmas
by Janssen, Marco A. & Bousquet, François & Cardenas, Juan-Camilo & Castillo, Daniel & Worrapimphong, Kobchai
- 76-89 Grazing as a post-mining land use: A conceptual model of the risk factors
by Maczkowiack, R.I. & Smith, C.S. & Slaughter, G.J. & Mulligan, D.R. & Cameron, D.C.
- 90-100 Policy options to enhance agricultural irrigation in Afghanistan: A canal systems approach
by Reeling, Carson J. & Lee, John & Mitchell, Peter & Halimi, Ghulam Hazrat & Carver, Andrew
- 101-112 Improving irrigated rice production in the Senegal River Valley through experiential learning and innovation
by Krupnik, Timothy J. & Shennan, Carol & Settle, William H. & Demont, Matty & Ndiaye, Alassane B. & Rodenburg, Jonne
2012, Volume 108, Issue C
- 1-9 The crop yield gap between organic and conventional agriculture
by de Ponti, Tomek & Rijk, Bert & van Ittersum, Martin K.
- 10-18 Networks of practice for co-construction of agricultural decision support systems: Case studies of precision dairy farms in Australia
by Eastwood, C.R. & Chapman, D.F. & Paine, M.S.
- 19-28 Strategic agricultural land-use planning in response to water-supplier variation in a China’s rural region
by Lu, H.W. & Huang, G.H. & Zhang, Y.M. & He, L.
- 29-41 Impact of farming on water resources: Assessing uncertainty with Monte Carlo simulations in a global change context
by Graveline, N. & Loubier, S. & Gleyses, G. & Rinaudo, J.-D.
- 42-49 Comparing energy balances, greenhouse gas balances and biodiversity impacts of contrasting farming systems with alternative land uses
by Tuomisto, H.L. & Hodge, I.D. & Riordan, P. & Macdonald, D.W.
- 50-63 Social norms, tenure security and soil conservation: Evidence from Burundi
by Beekman, Gonne & Bulte, Erwin H.
- 64-73 Understanding the adoption of system technologies in smallholder agriculture: The system of rice intensification (SRI) in Timor Leste
by Noltze, Martin & Schwarze, Stefan & Qaim, Matin
- 74-83 An innovation systems approach to institutional change: Smallholder development in West Africa
by Hounkonnou, Dominique & Kossou, Dansou & Kuyper, Thomas W. & Leeuwis, Cees & Nederlof, E. Suzanne & Röling, Niels & Sakyi-Dawson, Owuraku & Traoré, Mamoudou & van Huis, Arnold
- 84-93 A case study of the potential environmental impacts of different dairy production systems in Georgia
by Belflower, Jeff B. & Bernard, John K. & Gattie, David K. & Hancock, Dennis W. & Risse, Lawrence M. & Alan Rotz, C.
- 94-103 Engaging project proponents in R&D evaluation using bio-economic and socio-economic tools
by Kuehne, Geoff & Nicholson, Cam & Robertson, Michael & Llewellyn, Rick & McDonald, Cam
- 104-111 Global warming impact of Florida’s Not-From-Concentrate (NFC) orange juice
by Dwivedi, Puneet & Spreen, Thomas & Goodrich-Schneider, Renée
- 112-122 Social capital and agricultural innovation in Sub-Saharan Africa
by van Rijn, Fédes & Bulte, Erwin & Adekunle, Adewale
2012, Volume 107, Issue C
- 1-12 Sequence effects among crops on alluvial-derived soil compared with those on glacial till-derived soil in the northern Great Plains, USA
by Merrill, Stephen D. & Tanaka, Donald L. & Liebig, Mark A. & Krupinsky, Joseph M. & Hanson, Jonathan D. & Anderson, Randy L.
- 13-20 Nitrogen use and the effects of nitrogen taxation under consideration of production and price risks
by Finger, Robert
- 21-32 Groundwater markets under the water scarcity and declining watertable conditions: The upland Balochistan Region of Pakistan
by Khair, Syed M. & Mushtaq, Shahbaz & Culas, Richard J. & Hafeez, Mohsin
- 33-46 A life cycle assessment of seasonal grass-based and confinement dairy farms
by O’Brien, Donal & Shalloo, Laurence & Patton, Joe & Buckley, Frank & Grainger, Chris & Wallace, Michael
- 47-55 Bt cotton and sustainability of pesticide reductions in India
by Krishna, Vijesh V. & Qaim, Matin
- 56-64 A system dynamics approach to land use changes in agro-pastoral systems on the desert margins of Sahel
by Rasmussen, Laura Vang & Rasmussen, Kjeld & Reenberg, Anette & Proud, Simon
- 65-73 The intuitive world of farmers – The case of grazing management systems and experts
by Nuthall, Peter L.
- 74-82 Modelling rice and cotton acreage response in the Murray Darling Basin in Australia
by Agbola, Frank W. & Evans, Nigel
- 83-91 The social and other impacts of a cattle/crop innovation in Cambodia
by Maxwell, T.W. & Songly, You & Ung, Boratana & Peou, Leakhna & Reid, Jenny
2012, Volume 106, Issue 1
- 1-10 The life cycle impacts of feed for modern grow-finish Northern Great Plains US swine production
by Stone, James J. & Dollarhide, Christopher R. & Benning, Jennifer L. & Gregg Carlson, C. & Clay, David E.
- 11-22 Agricultural land management strategies to reduce phosphorus loads in the Gippsland Lakes, Australia
by Roberts, Anna M. & Pannell, David J. & Doole, Graeme & Vigiak, Olga
- 23-32 Influence of plant traits on production costs and profitability of strawberry in southeast Queensland
by Herrington, Mark E. & Wegener, Malcolm & Hardner, Craig & Woolcock, Louella L. & Dieters, Mark J.
- 33-45 Farmers use intuition to reinvent analytic decision support for managing seasonal climatic variability
by McCown, R.L. & Carberry, P.S. & Dalgliesh, N.P. & Foale, M.A. & Hochman, Z.
- 46-58 Review and analysis of documented patterns of agricultural research impacts in Southeast Asia
by Maredia, Mywish K. & Raitzer, David A.
- 59-71 Extending results from agricultural fields with intensively monitored data to surrounding areas for water quality management
by Heilman, P. & Malone, R.W. & Ma, L. & Hatfield, J.L. & Ahuja, L.R. & Boyle, K.P. & Kanwar, R.S.
- 72-83 Managing the grazing landscape: Insights for agricultural adaptation from a mid-drought photo-elicitation study in the Australian sheep-wheat belt
by Sherren, Kate & Fischer, Joern & Fazey, Ioan
- 84-93 Potassium carryover dynamics and optimal application policies in cotton production
by Harper, David C. & Lambert, Dayton M. & Larson, James A. & Gwathmey, C. Owen
- 94-101 A longitudinal examination of business performance indicators for drought-affected farms
by Lawes, R.A. & Kingwell, R.S.
- 102-112 A bio-economic evaluation of the profitability of adopting subtropical grasses and pasture-cropping on crop–livestock farms
by Finlayson, J.D. & Lawes, R.A. & Metcalf, T. & Robertson, M.J. & Ferris, D. & Ewing, M.A.
2011, Volume 104, Issue 9
- 655-665 Second-order cybernetics as a tool to understand why pastoralists do what they do
by Kaufmann, Brigitte A.
- 666-670 Using automated monitoring systems to uncover pest population dynamics in agricultural fields
by Okuyama, Toshinori & Yang, En-Cheng & Chen, Chia-Pang & Lin, Tzu-Shiang & Chuang, Cheng-Long & Jiang, Joe-Air
- 671-678 Revenue risk management, risk aversion and the use of Livestock Gross Margin for Dairy Cattle insurance
by Valvekar, Mayuri & Chavas, Jean P. & Gould, Brian W. & Cabrera, Victor E.
- 679-688 Emergy assessment of a coffee farm in Brazilian Cerrado considering in a broad form the environmental services, negative externalities and fair price
by Giannetti, B.F. & Ogura, Y. & Bonilla, S.H. & Almeida, C.M.V.B.
- 689-693 Competitiveness of beef farming in Rio Grande do Sul State, Brazil
by Marques, P.R. & Barcellos, J.O.J. & McManus, C. & Oaigen, R.P. & Collares, F.C. & Canozzi, M.E.A. & Lampert, V.N.
- 694-702 Spatially targeting the distribution of agricultural input stockists in Malawi
by Farrow, Andrew & Risinamhodzi, Kumbirai & Zingore, Shamie & Delve, Robert J.
- 703-713 Exploring global irrigation patterns: A multilevel modelling approach
by Neumann, Kathleen & Stehfest, Elke & Verburg, Peter H. & Siebert, Stefan & Müller, Christoph & Veldkamp, Tom
- 714-728 How does research address the design of innovative agricultural production systems at the farm level? A review
by Le Gal, P.-Y. & Dugué, P. & Faure, G. & Novak, S.
- 729-745 Building a climate resilient farm: A risk based approach for understanding water, energy and emissions in irrigated agriculture
by Jackson, T.M. & Hanjra, Munir A. & Khan, S. & Hafeez, M.M.
- 746-754 The effects of changing regional Agricultural Knowledge and Innovation System on Italian farmers’ strategies
by Pascucci, Stefano & de-Magistris, Tiziana
- 755-769 Crop management based on field observations: Case studies in sugarcane and coffee
by Cock, James & Oberthür, Thomas & Isaacs, Camilo & Läderach, Peter Roman & Palma, Alberto & Carbonell, Javier & Victoria, Jorge & Watts, Geoff & Amaya, Alvaro & Collet, Laure & Lema, Germán & Anderson, Einar
- 770-780 Mitigating environmental externalities in livestock production through feed biotechnologies
by Kaufman, James & Kalaitzandonakes, Nicholas G.
2011, Volume 104, Issue 8
- 589-599 Pasture and forage crop systems for non-irrigated dairy farms in southern Australia: 3. Estimated economic value of additional home-grown feed
by Chapman, D.F. & Kenny, S.N. & Lane, N.
- 600-608 Modelling the fate of water and nitrogen in the mixed vegetable farming systems of northern Tasmania, Australia
by Lisson, S.N. & Cotching, W.E.
- 609-614 Cattle, ethanol, and biogas: Does closing the loop make economic sense?
by DeVuyst, Eric A. & Pryor, Scott W. & Lardy, Greg & Eide, Wallace & Wiederholt, Ron
- 615-622 Analyzing the effects of risk and uncertainty on optimal tillage and nitrogen fertilizer intensity for field crops in Germany
by Gandorfer, Markus & Pannell, David & Meyer-Aurich, Andreas
- 623-633 Environmental and economic impacts of reducing total phosphorous runoff in an agricultural watershed
by Rodriguez, Hector German & Popp, Jennie & Gbur, Edward & Chaubey, Indrajeet
- 634-644 Adaptive optimization of crop production and nitrogen leaching abatement under yield uncertainty
by Hyytiäinen, Kari & Niemi, Jarkko K. & Koikkalainen, Kauko & Palosuo, Taru & Salo, Tapio
- 645-653 Precipitation or water capacity indices? An analysis of the benefits of alternative underlyings for index insurance
by Kellner, Ulla & Musshoff, Oliver
2011, Volume 104, Issue 7
- 513-521 The whole-farm benefits of controlled traffic farming: An Australian appraisal
by Kingwell, Ross & Fuchsbichler, Amy
- 522-532 Changing environmental characteristics of European cropland
by Bakker, M.M. & Hatna, E. & Kuhlman, T. & Mücher, C.A.
- 533-540 Crop protection in European maize-based cropping systems: Current practices and recommendations for innovative Integrated Pest Management
by Vasileiadis, V.P. & Sattin, M. & Otto, S. & Veres, A. & Pálinkás, Z. & Ban, R. & Pons, X. & Kudsk, P. & van der Weide, R. & Czembor, E. & Moonen, A.C. & Kiss, J.
- 541-550 The profitability and risk of dairy cow wintering strategies in the Southland region of New Zealand
by Beukes, P.C. & Gregorini, P. & Romera, A.J. & Dalley, D.E.
- 551-561 Identifying and controlling critical sources of farm phosphorus imbalances for Vermont dairy farms
by Ghebremichael, Lula T. & Watzin, Mary C.
- 562-571 Cropcheck: Farmer benchmarking participatory model to improve productivity
by Lacy, John
- 572-579 Sustainable agriculture: A case study of a small Lopez Island farm
by Reeve, J.R. & Carpenter-Boggs, L. & Sehmsdorf, H.
- 580-587 Insecticide use impacts of Integrated Pest Management (IPM) Farmer Field Schools: Evidence from onion farmers in the Philippines
by Yorobe Jr., J.M. & Rejesus, R.M. & Hammig, M.D.
2011, Volume 104, Issue 6
- 441-450 Emerging consensus on desirable characteristics of tools to support farmers' management of climate risk in Australia
by Hochman, Z. & Carberry, P.S.
- 451-458 Does the adoption of zero tillage reduce greenhouse gas emissions? An assessment for the grains industry in Australia
by Maraseni, T.N. & Cockfield, G.
- 459-469 The impact of various parameters on the carbon footprint of milk production in New Zealand and Sweden
by Flysjö, Anna & Henriksson, Maria & Cederberg, Christel & Ledgard, Stewart & Englund, Jan-Eric
- 470-479 Generating crop sequences in land-use models using maximum entropy and Markov chains
by Aurbacher, Joachim & Dabbert, Stephan
- 480-490 Sensitivity to information upscaling of agro-ecological assessments: Application to soil organic carbon management
by Bechini, Luca & Castoldi, Nicola & Stein, Alfred
- 491-499 Methods for mapping local food production capacity from agricultural statistics
by Morrison, Kathryn T. & Nelson, Trisalyn A. & Ostry, Aleck S.
- 500-511 Breaking down the growth of family farms: A case study of an intensive Mediterranean agriculture
by Moreno-Pérez, Olga M. & Arnalte-Alegre, Eladio & Ortiz-Miranda, Dionisio
2011, Volume 104, Issue 5
- 371-382 Dairy farm nutrient management model. 1. Model description and validation
by Nousiainen, J. & Tuori, M. & Turtola, E. & Huhtanen, P.
- 383-391 Dairy farm nutrient management model: 2. Evaluation of different strategies to mitigate phosphorus surplus
by Huhtanen, Pekka & Nousiainen, Juha & Turtola, Eila
- 392-402 The impact of integrated aquaculture-agriculture on small-scale farm sustainability and farmers' livelihoods: Experience from Bangladesh
by Murshed-E-Jahan, Khondker & Pemsl, Diemuth E.
- 403-410 Environmental impacts from herbicide tolerant canola production in Western Canada
by Smyth, Stuart J. & Gusta, Michael & Belcher, Kenneth & Phillips, Peter W.B. & Castle, David
- 411-418 An agronomic, economic and behavioral analysis of N application to cotton and wheat in post-Soviet Uzbekistan
by Kienzler, Kirsten M. & Djanibekov, Nodir & Lamers, John P.A.
- 419-428 Sugar and ethanol production as a rural development strategy in Brazil: Evidence from the state of São Paulo
by Martinelli, Luiz A. & Garrett, Rachael & Ferraz, Silvio & Naylor, Rosamond
- 429-439 Nitrate transport modeling to evaluate source water protection scenarios for a municipal well in an agricultural area
by Bonton, Alexandre & Rouleau, Alain & Bouchard, Christian & Rodriguez, Manuel J.
2011, Volume 104, Issue 4
- 297-306 Developing environmental principles, criteria, indicators and norms for potato production in South Africa through field surveys and modelling
by Franke, A.C. & Steyn, J.M. & Ranger, K.S. & Haverkort, A.J.
- 307-314 The effect of parameter uncertainty on whole-field nitrogen recommendations from nitrogen-rich strips and ramped strips in winter wheat
by Roberts, David C. & Brorsen, B. Wade & Solie, John B. & Raun, William R.
- 315-325 Economic and environmental evaluation of three goal-vision based scenarios for organic dairy farming in Denmark
by Oudshoorn, Frank W. & Sørensen, Claus Aage G. & de Boer, Imke I.J.M.
- 326-334 Agronomic and economic benefits of coffee-banana intercropping in Uganda's smallholder farming systems
by van Asten, P.J.A. & Wairegi, L.W.I. & Mukasa, D. & Uringi, N.O.
- 335-347 Submergence risks and farmers' preferences: Implications for breeding Sub1 rice in Southeast Asia
by Manzanilla, D.O. & Paris, T.R. & Vergara, G.V. & Ismail, A.M. & Pandey, S. & Labios, R.V. & Tatlonghari, G.T. & Acda, R.D. & Chi, T.T.N. & Duoangsila, K. & Siliphouthone, I. & Manikmas, M.O.A. & Mackill, D.J.
- 348-353 The impact of climate change on maize yields in the United States and China
by Li, Xiang & Takahashi, Taro & Suzuki, Nobuhiro & Kaiser, Harry M.
- 354-364 Targeting rural development interventions: Empirical agent-based modeling in Nigerien villages
by Saqalli, M. & Gérard, B. & Bielders, C.L. & Defourny, P.
- 365-370 Redirecting technology to support sustainable farm management practices
by Rains, G.C. & Olson, D.M. & Lewis, W.J.
2011, Volume 104, Issue 3
- 217-232 Life cycle assessment of Swiss farming systems: I. Integrated and organic farming
by Nemecek, Thomas & Dubois, David & Huguenin-Elie, Olivier & Gaillard, Gérard
- 233-245 Life cycle assessment of Swiss farming systems: II. Extensive and intensive production
by Nemecek, Thomas & Huguenin-Elie, Olivier & Dubois, David & Gaillard, Gérard & Schaller, Britta & Chervet, Andreas
- 246-257 A resource demand model of indigenous production: The Jivaroan cultivation systems of Western Amazonia
by López, Santiago & Sierra, Rodrigo
- 258-270 Interpretation of commercial production information: A case study of lulo (Solanum quitoense), an under-researched Andean fruit
by Jiménez, Daniel & Cock, James & Jarvis, Andy & Garcia, James & Satizábal, Héctor F. & Damme, Patrick Van & Pérez-Uribe, Andrés & Barreto-Sanz, Miguel A.
- 271-280 The effect of situational variability in climate and soil, choice of animal type and N fertilisation level on nitrogen leaching from pastoral farming systems around Lake Taupo, New Zealand
by Bryant, J.R. & Snow, V.O. & Cichota, R. & Jolly, B.H.
- 281-291 Modelling the interactions between regional farming structure, nitrogen losses and environmental regulation
by Happe, K. & Hutchings, N.J. & Dalgaard, T. & Kellerman, K.
- 292-296 The contribution of maize cropping in the Midwest USA to global warming: A regional estimate
by Grace, Peter R. & Philip Robertson, G. & Millar, Neville & Colunga-Garcia, Manuel & Basso, Bruno & Gage, Stuart H. & Hoben, John
2011, Volume 104, Issue 2
- 105-109 Integrated assessment of sustainability of agricultural systems and land use: Methods, tools and applications
by Bezlepkina, Irina & Reidsma, Pytrik & Sieber, Stefan & Helming, Katharina
- 110-121 Regional impacts of abolishing direct payments: An integrated analysis in four European regions
by Uthes, Sandra & Piorr, Annette & Zander, Peter & Bienkowski, Jerzy & Ungaro, Fabrizio & Dalgaard, Tommy & Stolze, Matthias & Moschitz, Heidrun & Schader, Christian & Happe, Kathrin & Sahrbacher, Amanda & Damgaard, Martin & Toussaint, Verena & Sattler, Claudia & Reinhardt, Franz-Josef & Kjeldsen, Chris & Casini, Leonardo & Müller, Klaus
- 122-134 Integration of bio-physical and economic models to analyze management intensity and landscape structure effects at farm and landscape level
by Schönhart, Martin & Schauppenlehner, Thomas & Schmid, Erwin & Muhar, Andreas
- 135-145 Assessing the impact of the Nitrate Directive on farming systems using a bio-economic modelling chain
by Belhouchette, Hatem & Louhichi, Kamel & Therond, Olivier & Mouratiadou, Ioanna & Wery, Jacques & Ittersum, Martin van & Flichman, Guillermo
- 146-161 Integrated participatory modelling of actual farms to support policy making on sustainable intensification
by Vayssières, Jonathan & Vigne, Mathieu & Alary, Véronique & Lecomte, Philippe
- 162-174 Evaluation of the water use efficiency of alternative farm practices at a range of spatial and temporal scales: A conceptual framework and a modelling approach
by Moore, A.D. & Robertson, M.J. & Routley, R.
- 175-190 Competing use of organic resources, village-level interactions between farm types and climate variability in a communal area of NE Zimbabwe
by Rufino, M.C. & Dury, J. & Tittonell, P. & van Wijk, M.T. & Herrero, M. & Zingore, S. & Mapfumo, P. & Giller, K.E.
- 191-203 Communicating complexity: Integrated assessment of trade-offs concerning soil fertility management within African farming systems to support innovation and development
by Giller, K.E. & Tittonell, P. & Rufino, M.C. & van Wijk, M.T. & Zingore, S. & Mapfumo, P. & Adjei-Nsiah, S. & Herrero, M. & Chikowo, R. & Corbeels, M. & Rowe, E.C. & Baijukya, F. & Mwijage, A. & Smith, J. & Yeboah, E. & van der Burg, W.J. & Sanogo, O.M. & Misiko, M. & de Ridder, N. & Karanja, S. & Kaizzi, C. & K'ungu, J. & Mwale, M. & Nwaga, D. & Pacini, C. & Vanlauwe, B.
- 204-215 Impacts of population growth, economic development, and technical change on global food production and consumption
by Schneider, Uwe A. & Havlík, Petr & Schmid, Erwin & Valin, Hugo & Mosnier, Aline & Obersteiner, Michael & Böttcher, Hannes & Skalský, Rastislav & Balkovic, Juraj & Sauer, Timm & Fritz, Steffen
2011, Volume 104, Issue 1
- 1-12 Development and evaluation of an integrated simulation model for assessing smallholder crop-livestock production in Yucatán, Mexico
by Parsons, David & Nicholson, Charles F. & Blake, Robert W. & Ketterings, Quirine M. & Ramírez-Aviles, Luis & Fox, Danny G. & Tedeschi, Luis O. & Cherney, Jerome H.
- 13-19 Application of a simulation model for assessing integration of smallholder shifting cultivation and sheep production in Yucatán, Mexico
by Parsons, David & Nicholson, Charles F. & Blake, Robert W. & Ketterings, Quirine M. & Ramírez-Aviles, Luis & Cherney, Jerome H. & Fox, Danny G.
- 20-29 The influence of agronomic advice upon soil water thresholds used for planting decisions in Southern Queensland's grains region
by Darbas, Toni & Lawrence, David
- 30-41 IPM of mirids in Australian cotton: Why and when pest managers spray for mirids
by Whitehouse, M.E.A.
- 42-53 Livelihoods and agro-ecological gradients: A meso-level analysis in the Indo-Gangetic Plains, India
by Erenstein, Olaf & Thorpe, William
- 54-62 Cropping systems and crop residue management in the Trans-Gangetic Plains: Issues and challenges for conservation agriculture from village surveys
by Erenstein, Olaf
- 63-74 Heterogeneity in farmers' production decisions and its impact on soil nutrient use: Results and implications from northern Nigeria
by Berkhout, E.D. & Schipper, R.A. & Van Keulen, H. & Coulibaly, O.
- 75-81 The contribution of carbon-based payments to wetland conservation compensation on agricultural landscapes
by Neuman, Amber D. & Belcher, Ken W.
- 82-93 Policies to support economic and environmental goals at farm and regional scales: Outcomes for rice farmers in Southern India depend on their resource endowment
by Senthilkumar, K. & Lubbers, M.T.M.H. & de Ridder, N. & Bindraban, P.S. & Thiyagarajan, T.M. & Giller, K.E.
- 94-103 Coordinated pest management decisions in the presence of management externalities: The case of greenhouse whitefly in California-grown strawberries
by McKee, Gregory J.
2010, Volume 103, Issue 9
- 599-608 Life cycle assessment of high- and low-profitability commodity and deep-bedded niche swine production systems in the Upper Midwestern United States
by Pelletier, N. & Lammers, P. & Stender, D. & Pirog, R.
- 609-620 Modelling agricultural expansion in Kenya's Eastern Arc Mountains biodiversity hotspot
by Maeda, Eduardo Eiji & Clark, Barnaby J.F. & Pellikka, Petri & Siljander, Mika
- 621-638 How much land is needed for global food production under scenarios of dietary changes and livestock productivity increases in 2030?
by Wirsenius, Stefan & Azar, Christian & Berndes, Göran
- 639-646 Steps toward sustainable ranching: An emergy evaluation of conventional and holistic management in Chiapas, Mexico
by Alfaro-Arguello, Rigoberto & Diemont, Stewart A.W. & Ferguson, Bruce G. & Martin, Jay F. & Nahed-Toral, José & David Álvarez-Solís, J. & Ruíz, René Pinto
- 647-655 Modeling spatio-temporal crop allocation patterns by a stochastic decision tree method, considering agronomic driving factors
by Sorel, Luc & Viaud, Valérie & Durand, Patrick & Walter, Christian
- 656-665 Regional simulation of maize production in tropical savanna fallow systems as affected by fallow availability
by Gaiser, Thomas & Judex, Michael & Hiepe, Claudia & Kuhn, Arnim
- 666-674 Bio-economic assessment of climate change impacts on managed grassland production
by Finger, Robert & Lazzarotto, Patrick & Calanca, Pierluigi
- 675-682 A conceptual framework for guiding the participatory development of agricultural decision support systems
by Jakku, E. & Thorburn, P.J.
- 683-694 Recent changes in the climatic yield potential of various crops in Europe
by Supit, I. & van Diepen, C.A. & de Wit, A.J.W. & Kabat, P. & Baruth, B. & Ludwig, F.
- 695-695 Erratum to "Quantifying economic and environmental tradeoffs of walnut arthropod pest management" [Agricultural Systems 103 (2010) pp. 294-306]
by Steinmann, Kimberly P. & Zhang, Minghua & Grant, Joseph A. & Pickel, Carolyn & Goodhue, Rachael E. & Klonsky, Karen
2010, Volume 103, Issue 8
- 509-520 Simulating the effects of tax exemptions on fertiliser use in Benin by linking biophysical and economic models
by Kuhn, Arnim & Gaiser, Thomas & Gandonou, Esaïe
- 521-534 Conserving natural resources in olive orchards on sloping land: Alternative goal programming approaches towards effective design of cross-compliance and agri-environmental measures
by Fleskens, Luuk & Graaff, Jan de
- 535-542 Conserving water in arid regions: Exploring the economic feasibility of alternative crops
by Bishop, Carol D. & Curtis, Kynda R. & Kim, Man-Keun
- 543-550 The agronomic and economic benefits of fertilizer and mulch use in highland banana systems in Uganda
by Wairegi, L.W.I. & van Asten, P.J.A.
- 551-561 Energy and carbon inventory of Iowa swine production facilities
by Lammers, P.J. & Honeyman, M.S. & Harmon, J.D. & Helmers, M.J.
- 562-568 Enabling natural resource managers to self-assess their adaptive capacity
by Brown, Peter R. & Nelson, Rohan & Jacobs, Brent & Kokic, Phil & Tracey, Jacquie & Ahmed, Mehnaz & DeVoil, Peter
- 569-584 Simulating landscape catena effects in no-till dryland agroecosystems using GPFARM
by Ascough II, J.C. & Andales, A.A. & Sherrod, L.A. & McMaster, G.S. & Hansen, N.C. & DeJonge, K.C. & Fathelrahman, E.M. & Ahuja, L.R. & Peterson, G.A. & Hoag, D.L.
- 585-597 FSSIM, a bio-economic farm model for simulating the response of EU farming systems to agricultural and environmental policies
by Louhichi, Kamel & Kanellopoulos, Argyris & Janssen, Sander & Flichman, Guillermo & Blanco, Maria & Hengsdijk, Huib & Heckelei, Thomas & Berentsen, Paul & Lansink, Alfons Oude & Ittersum, Martin Van
2010, Volume 103, Issue 7
- 403-417 Potential, spatial distribution and economic performance of regional biomass chains: The North of the Netherlands as example
by van der Hilst, F. & Dornburg, V. & Sanders, J.P.M. & Elbersen, B. & Graves, A. & Turkenburg, W.C. & Elbersen, H.W. & van Dam, J.M.C. & Faaij, A.P.C.
- 418-432 Increasing incomes of Malian cotton farmers: Is elimination of US subsidies the only solution?
by Baquedano, Felix G. & Sanders, John H. & Vitale, Jeffrey
- 433-443 Modeling biomass, nitrogen and water dynamics in rice-wheat rotations
by Jing, Qi & Keulen, Herman van & Hengsdijk, Huib
- 444-452 Analysis of information systems and communication networks for organic and conventional hazelnut producers in the Samsun province of Turkey
by Demiryurek, Kursat
- 453-462 Factors influencing potential scale of adoption of a perennial pasture in a mixed crop-livestock farming system
by Byrne, F. & Robertson, M.J. & Bathgate, A. & Hoque, Z.
- 463-477 Ontology-based simulation in agricultural systems modeling
by Beck, Howard & Morgan, Kelly & Jung, Yunchul & Grunwald, Sabine & Kwon, Ho-young & Wu, Jin
- 478-485 Optimal site-specific fertilization and harvesting strategies with respect to crop yield and quality response to nitrogen
by Meyer-Aurich, Andreas & Weersink, Alfons & Gandorfer, Markus & Wagner, Peter
- 486-497 A participatory, farming systems approach to improving Bali cattle production in the smallholder crop-livestock systems of Eastern Indonesia
by Lisson, Shaun & MacLeod, Neil & McDonald, Cam & Corfield, Jeff & Pengelly, Bruce & Wirajaswadi, Lalu & Rahman, Rahmat & Bahar, Syamsu & Padjung, Rusnadi & Razak, Nasruddin & Puspadi, Ketut & Dahlanuddin & Sutaryono, Yusuf & Saenong, Sania & Panjaitan, Tanda & Hadiawati, Lia & Ash, Andrew & Brennan, Lisa
- 498-507 The environmental performance of milk production on a typical Portuguese dairy farm
by Castanheira, É.G. & Dias, A.C. & Arroja, L. & Amaro, R.
2010, Volume 103, Issue 6
- 345-350 Probabilities for decision analysis in agriculture and rural resource economics: The need for a paradigm change
by Hardaker, J. Brian & Lien, Gudbrand
- 351-360 The water needed for Italians to eat pasta and pizza
by Aldaya, M.M. & Hoekstra, A.Y.
- 361-370 Uncertain water supply in an irrigated Mediterranean area: An analysis of the possible economic impact of climate change on the farm sector
by Dono, Gabriele & Mazzapicchio, Graziano
- 371-379 Life cycle assessment of greenhouse gas emissions from beef production in western Canada: A case study
by Beauchemin, Karen A. & Henry Janzen, H. & Little, Shannan M. & McAllister, Tim A. & McGinn, Sean M.
- 380-389 Comparative life cycle environmental impacts of three beef production strategies in the Upper Midwestern United States
by Pelletier, Nathan & Pirog, Rich & Rasmussen, Rebecca
- 390-400 Adaptive management in agricultural innovation systems: The interactions between innovation networks and their environment
by Klerkx, Laurens & Aarts, Noelle & Leeuwis, Cees
- 401-401 Soil Science Simplified, fifth ed., N. Eash, C.J. Green, A. Ravzi, W.J. Bennett. Wiley-Blackwell Publishing, Ames, Iowa, USA (2008). 256 pp., Price US$ 62.99, Hardback, ISBN: 978-0-8138-1823-8
by Braneon, Christian V.
- 401-402 Food, Energy, and Society, third ed., D. Pimentel, M.H. Pimentel (Eds.). CRC Press, Baton Rouge, Florida, USA (2008). 380 pp., Price US$ 89.95, Hardback, ISBN: 978-1-4200-4667-0
by Turano, Brian
2010, Volume 103, Issue 5
- 233-244 Participatory evaluation of integrated pest and soil fertility management options using ordered categorical data analysis
by De Groote, Hugo & Rutto, Esther & Odhiambo, George & Kanampiu, Fred & Khan, Zeyaur & Coe, Richard & Vanlauwe, Bernard
- 245-255 Learning selection revisited: How can agricultural researchers make a difference?
by Douthwaite, Boru & Gummert, Martin
- 256-264 Influence of likelihood function choice for estimating crop model parameters using the generalized likelihood uncertainty estimation method
by He, Jianqiang & Jones, James W. & Graham, Wendy D. & Dukes, Michael D.
- 265-281 Modeling the impact of HIV/AIDS upon food security of diverse rural households in Western Kenya
by Gill, T.B.
- 282-293 Modeling a farm population to estimate on-farm compliance costs and environmental effects of a grassland extensification scheme at the regional scale
by Uthes, Sandra & Sattler, Claudia & Zander, Peter & Piorr, Annette & Matzdorf, Bettina & Damgaard, Martin & Sahrbacher, Amanda & Schuler, Johannes & Kjeldsen, Chris & Heinrich, Uwe & Fischer, Holger
- 294-306 Quantifying economic and environmental tradeoffs of walnut arthropod pest management
by Steinmann, Kimberly P. & Zhang, Minghua & Grant, Joseph A. & Pickel, Carolyn & Goodhue, Rachael E. & Klonsky, Karen
- 307-315 Yield gap of rainfed rice in farmers' fields in Central Java, Indonesia
by Boling, A.A. & Tuong, T.P. & van Keulen, H. & Bouman, B.A.M. & Suganda, H. & Spiertz, J.H.J.
- 316-326 The yield gap of global grain production: A spatial analysis
by Neumann, Kathleen & Verburg, Peter H. & Stehfest, Elke & Müller, Christoph
- 327-341 Integrating agroecology and landscape multifunctionality in Vermont: An evolving framework to evaluate the design of agroecosystems
by Lovell, Sarah Taylor & DeSantis, S'ra & Nathan, Chloe A. & Olson, Meryl Breton & Ernesto Méndez, V. & Kominami, Hisashi C. & Erickson, Daniel L. & Morris, Katlyn S. & Morris, William B.
- 342-343 Indian Agriculture: Challenges of Globalization, A. Vinayak Reddy, M. Yadagira Charyulu (Eds.). New Century Publications, New Delhi, India (2008). 346 pp., US$ 42.50, Hardback, ISBN: 978-81-7708-171-8
by Alagarswamy, Gopal
- 343-343 The Peach: Botany, Production and Uses, D.R. Layne, D. Bassi (Eds.). CABI, Wallingford, UK (2008). 615 pp., US$ 270, Hardback, ISBN: 978-1-84593-386-9
by Rieger, Mark
- 343-344 Biofuels: Production, Application and Development, A.H. Scragg. CABI, Wallingford, Oxfordshire, UK (2009). 240 pp., Price Â£ 39.99/US$ 75.91/[euro] 55.93, Softback, ISBN: 978-1-84593-592-4
by Persson, Tomas
2010, Volume 103, Issue 4
- 171-179 Wandering off the paths of planned innovation: The role of formal and informal intermediaries in a large-scale irrigation scheme in Morocco
by Poncet, J. & Kuper, M. & Chiche, J.
- 180-186 An intrinsic mechanism for the co-existence of different survival strategies within mobile pastoralist communities
by Okayasu, Tomoo & Okuro, Toshiya & Jamsran, Undarmaa & Takeuchi, Kazuhiko
- 187-197 The potential contribution of forage shrubs to economic returns and environmental management in Australian dryland agricultural systems
by Monjardino, Marta & Revell, Dean & Pannell, David J.
- 198-209 Developing greenhouse gas marginal abatement cost curves for agricultural emissions from crops and soils in the UK
by MacLeod, Michael & Moran, Dominic & Eory, Vera & Rees, R.M. & Barnes, Andrew & Topp, Cairistiona F.E. & Ball, Bruce & Hoad, Steve & Wall, Eileen & McVittie, Alistair & Pajot, Guillaume & Matthews, Robin & Smith, Pete & Moxey, Andrew
- 210-220 Long-term stochastic simulation of mountain beef cattle herds under diverse management strategies
by Villalba, D. & Ripoll, G. & Ruiz, R. & Bernués, A.
- 221-232 BANAD: A farm model for ex ante assessment of agro-ecological innovations and its application to banana farms in Guadeloupe
by Blazy, Jean-Marc & Tixier, Philippe & Thomas, Alban & Ozier-Lafontaine, Harry & Salmon, Frédéric & Wery, Jacques
2010, Volume 103, Issue 3
- 117-126 Using a role-playing game to inform the development of land-use models for the study of a complex socio-ecological system
by Washington-Ottombre, C. & Pijanowski, B. & Campbell, D. & Olson, J. & Maitima, J. & Musili, A. & Kibaki, T. & Kaburu, H. & Hayombe, P. & Owango, E. & Irigia, B. & Gichere, S. & Mwangi, A.
- 127-136 Potential benefits of early vigor and changes in phenology in wheat to adapt to warmer and drier climates
by Ludwig, Fulco & Asseng, Senthold
- 137-145 Farm types for beef production and their economic success in a mountainous province of northern Vietnam
by Huyen, Le Thi Thanh & Herold, Pera & Valle Zárate, A.
- 146-152 Evidence of farm-level synergies in mixed-farming systems in the Australian Wheat-Sheep Zone
by Villano, Renato & Fleming, Euan & Fleming, Pauline
- 153-160 Social costs and incentives for optimal control of soil nutrient depletion in the central highlands of Ethiopia
by Yirga, Chillot & Hassan, Rashid M.
- 161-170 Balancing land use to manage river volume and salinity: Economic and hydrological consequences for the Little River catchment in Central West, New South Wales, Australia
by Finlayson, John & Bathgate, Andrew & Nordblom, Tom & Theiveyanathan, Tivi & Farquharson, Bob & Crosbie, Russell & Mitchell, David & Hoque, Ziaul