2012, Volume 106, Issue 1
- 84-93 Potassium carryover dynamics and optimal application policies in cotton production
by Harper, David C. & Lambert, Dayton M. & Larson, James A. & Gwathmey, C. Owen
- 94-101 A longitudinal examination of business performance indicators for drought-affected farms
by Lawes, R.A. & Kingwell, R.S.
- 102-112 A bio-economic evaluation of the profitability of adopting subtropical grasses and pasture-cropping on crop–livestock farms
by Finlayson, J.D. & Lawes, R.A. & Metcalf, T. & Robertson, M.J. & Ferris, D. & Ewing, M.A.
2011, Volume 104, Issue 9
- 655-665 Second-order cybernetics as a tool to understand why pastoralists do what they do
by Kaufmann, Brigitte A.
- 666-670 Using automated monitoring systems to uncover pest population dynamics in agricultural fields
by Okuyama, Toshinori & Yang, En-Cheng & Chen, Chia-Pang & Lin, Tzu-Shiang & Chuang, Cheng-Long & Jiang, Joe-Air
- 671-678 Revenue risk management, risk aversion and the use of Livestock Gross Margin for Dairy Cattle insurance
by Valvekar, Mayuri & Chavas, Jean P. & Gould, Brian W. & Cabrera, Victor E.
- 679-688 Emergy assessment of a coffee farm in Brazilian Cerrado considering in a broad form the environmental services, negative externalities and fair price
by Giannetti, B.F. & Ogura, Y. & Bonilla, S.H. & Almeida, C.M.V.B.
- 689-693 Competitiveness of beef farming in Rio Grande do Sul State, Brazil
by Marques, P.R. & Barcellos, J.O.J. & McManus, C. & Oaigen, R.P. & Collares, F.C. & Canozzi, M.E.A. & Lampert, V.N.
- 694-702 Spatially targeting the distribution of agricultural input stockists in Malawi
by Farrow, Andrew & Risinamhodzi, Kumbirai & Zingore, Shamie & Delve, Robert J.
- 703-713 Exploring global irrigation patterns: A multilevel modelling approach
by Neumann, Kathleen & Stehfest, Elke & Verburg, Peter H. & Siebert, Stefan & Müller, Christoph & Veldkamp, Tom
- 714-728 How does research address the design of innovative agricultural production systems at the farm level? A review
by Le Gal, P.-Y. & Dugué, P. & Faure, G. & Novak, S.
- 729-745 Building a climate resilient farm: A risk based approach for understanding water, energy and emissions in irrigated agriculture
by Jackson, T.M. & Hanjra, Munir A. & Khan, S. & Hafeez, M.M.
- 746-754 The effects of changing regional Agricultural Knowledge and Innovation System on Italian farmers’ strategies
by Pascucci, Stefano & de-Magistris, Tiziana
- 755-769 Crop management based on field observations: Case studies in sugarcane and coffee
by Cock, James & Oberthür, Thomas & Isaacs, Camilo & Läderach, Peter Roman & Palma, Alberto & Carbonell, Javier & Victoria, Jorge & Watts, Geoff & Amaya, Alvaro & Collet, Laure & Lema, Germán & Anderson, Einar
- 770-780 Mitigating environmental externalities in livestock production through feed biotechnologies
by Kaufman, James & Kalaitzandonakes, Nicholas G.
October 2011, Volume 104, Issue 8
- 589-599 Pasture and forage crop systems for non-irrigated dairy farms in southern Australia: 3. Estimated economic value of additional home-grown feed
by Chapman, D.F. & Kenny, S.N. & Lane, N.
- 600-608 Modelling the fate of water and nitrogen in the mixed vegetable farming systems of northern Tasmania, Australia
by Lisson, S.N. & Cotching, W.E.
- 609-614 Cattle, ethanol, and biogas: Does closing the loop make economic sense?
by DeVuyst, Eric A. & Pryor, Scott W. & Lardy, Greg & Eide, Wallace & Wiederholt, Ron
- 615-622 Analyzing the effects of risk and uncertainty on optimal tillage and nitrogen fertilizer intensity for field crops in Germany
by Gandorfer, Markus & Pannell, David & Meyer-Aurich, Andreas
- 623-633 Environmental and economic impacts of reducing total phosphorous runoff in an agricultural watershed
by Rodriguez, Hector German & Popp, Jennie & Gbur, Edward & Chaubey, Indrajeet
- 634-644 Adaptive optimization of crop production and nitrogen leaching abatement under yield uncertainty
by Hyytiäinen, Kari & Niemi, Jarkko K. & Koikkalainen, Kauko & Palosuo, Taru & Salo, Tapio
- 645-653 Precipitation or water capacity indices? An analysis of the benefits of alternative underlyings for index insurance
by Kellner, Ulla & Musshoff, Oliver
September 2011, Volume 104, Issue 7
- 513-521 The whole-farm benefits of controlled traffic farming: An Australian appraisal
by Kingwell, Ross & Fuchsbichler, Amy
- 522-532 Changing environmental characteristics of European cropland
by Bakker, M.M. & Hatna, E. & Kuhlman, T. & Mücher, C.A.
- 533-540 Crop protection in European maize-based cropping systems: Current practices and recommendations for innovative Integrated Pest Management
by Vasileiadis, V.P. & Sattin, M. & Otto, S. & Veres, A. & Pálinkás, Z. & Ban, R. & Pons, X. & Kudsk, P. & van der Weide, R. & Czembor, E. & Moonen, A.C. & Kiss, J.
- 541-550 The profitability and risk of dairy cow wintering strategies in the Southland region of New Zealand
by Beukes, P.C. & Gregorini, P. & Romera, A.J. & Dalley, D.E.
- 551-561 Identifying and controlling critical sources of farm phosphorus imbalances for Vermont dairy farms
by Ghebremichael, Lula T. & Watzin, Mary C.
- 562-571 Cropcheck: Farmer benchmarking participatory model to improve productivity
by Lacy, John
- 572-579 Sustainable agriculture: A case study of a small Lopez Island farm
by Reeve, J.R. & Carpenter-Boggs, L. & Sehmsdorf, H.
- 580-587 Insecticide use impacts of Integrated Pest Management (IPM) Farmer Field Schools: Evidence from onion farmers in the Philippines
by Yorobe Jr., J.M. & Rejesus, R.M. & Hammig, M.D.
July 2011, Volume 104, Issue 6
- 441-450 Emerging consensus on desirable characteristics of tools to support farmers' management of climate risk in Australia
by Hochman, Z. & Carberry, P.S.
- 451-458 Does the adoption of zero tillage reduce greenhouse gas emissions? An assessment for the grains industry in Australia
by Maraseni, T.N. & Cockfield, G.
- 459-469 The impact of various parameters on the carbon footprint of milk production in New Zealand and Sweden
by Flysjö, Anna & Henriksson, Maria & Cederberg, Christel & Ledgard, Stewart & Englund, Jan-Eric
- 470-479 Generating crop sequences in land-use models using maximum entropy and Markov chains
by Aurbacher, Joachim & Dabbert, Stephan
- 480-490 Sensitivity to information upscaling of agro-ecological assessments: Application to soil organic carbon management
by Bechini, Luca & Castoldi, Nicola & Stein, Alfred
- 491-499 Methods for mapping local food production capacity from agricultural statistics
by Morrison, Kathryn T. & Nelson, Trisalyn A. & Ostry, Aleck S.
- 500-511 Breaking down the growth of family farms: A case study of an intensive Mediterranean agriculture
by Moreno-Pérez, Olga M. & Arnalte-Alegre, Eladio & Ortiz-Miranda, Dionisio
June 2011, Volume 104, Issue 5
- 371-382 Dairy farm nutrient management model. 1. Model description and validation
by Nousiainen, J. & Tuori, M. & Turtola, E. & Huhtanen, P.
- 383-391 Dairy farm nutrient management model: 2. Evaluation of different strategies to mitigate phosphorus surplus
by Huhtanen, Pekka & Nousiainen, Juha & Turtola, Eila
- 392-402 The impact of integrated aquaculture-agriculture on small-scale farm sustainability and farmers' livelihoods: Experience from Bangladesh
by Murshed-E-Jahan, Khondker & Pemsl, Diemuth E.
- 403-410 Environmental impacts from herbicide tolerant canola production in Western Canada
by Smyth, Stuart J. & Gusta, Michael & Belcher, Kenneth & Phillips, Peter W.B. & Castle, David
- 411-418 An agronomic, economic and behavioral analysis of N application to cotton and wheat in post-Soviet Uzbekistan
by Kienzler, Kirsten M. & Djanibekov, Nodir & Lamers, John P.A.
- 419-428 Sugar and ethanol production as a rural development strategy in Brazil: Evidence from the state of São Paulo
by Martinelli, Luiz A. & Garrett, Rachael & Ferraz, Silvio & Naylor, Rosamond
- 429-439 Nitrate transport modeling to evaluate source water protection scenarios for a municipal well in an agricultural area
by Bonton, Alexandre & Rouleau, Alain & Bouchard, Christian & Rodriguez, Manuel J.
April 2011, Volume 104, Issue 4
- 297-306 Developing environmental principles, criteria, indicators and norms for potato production in South Africa through field surveys and modelling
by Franke, A.C. & Steyn, J.M. & Ranger, K.S. & Haverkort, A.J.
- 307-314 The effect of parameter uncertainty on whole-field nitrogen recommendations from nitrogen-rich strips and ramped strips in winter wheat
by Roberts, David C. & Brorsen, B. Wade & Solie, John B. & Raun, William R.
- 315-325 Economic and environmental evaluation of three goal-vision based scenarios for organic dairy farming in Denmark
by Oudshoorn, Frank W. & Sørensen, Claus Aage G. & de Boer, Imke I.J.M.
- 326-334 Agronomic and economic benefits of coffee-banana intercropping in Uganda's smallholder farming systems
by van Asten, P.J.A. & Wairegi, L.W.I. & Mukasa, D. & Uringi, N.O.
- 335-347 Submergence risks and farmers' preferences: Implications for breeding Sub1 rice in Southeast Asia
by Manzanilla, D.O. & Paris, T.R. & Vergara, G.V. & Ismail, A.M. & Pandey, S. & Labios, R.V. & Tatlonghari, G.T. & Acda, R.D. & Chi, T.T.N. & Duoangsila, K. & Siliphouthone, I. & Manikmas, M.O.A. & Mackill, D.J.
- 348-353 The impact of climate change on maize yields in the United States and China
by Li, Xiang & Takahashi, Taro & Suzuki, Nobuhiro & Kaiser, Harry M.
- 354-364 Targeting rural development interventions: Empirical agent-based modeling in Nigerien villages
by Saqalli, M. & Gérard, B. & Bielders, C.L. & Defourny, P.
- 365-370 Redirecting technology to support sustainable farm management practices
by Rains, G.C. & Olson, D.M. & Lewis, W.J.
March 2011, Volume 104, Issue 3
- 217-232 Life cycle assessment of Swiss farming systems: I. Integrated and organic farming
by Nemecek, Thomas & Dubois, David & Huguenin-Elie, Olivier & Gaillard, Gérard
- 233-245 Life cycle assessment of Swiss farming systems: II. Extensive and intensive production
by Nemecek, Thomas & Huguenin-Elie, Olivier & Dubois, David & Gaillard, Gérard & Schaller, Britta & Chervet, Andreas
- 246-257 A resource demand model of indigenous production: The Jivaroan cultivation systems of Western Amazonia
by López, Santiago & Sierra, Rodrigo
- 258-270 Interpretation of commercial production information: A case study of lulo (Solanum quitoense), an under-researched Andean fruit
by Jiménez, Daniel & Cock, James & Jarvis, Andy & Garcia, James & Satizábal, Héctor F. & Damme, Patrick Van & Pérez-Uribe, Andrés & Barreto-Sanz, Miguel A.
- 271-280 The effect of situational variability in climate and soil, choice of animal type and N fertilisation level on nitrogen leaching from pastoral farming systems around Lake Taupo, New Zealand
by Bryant, J.R. & Snow, V.O. & Cichota, R. & Jolly, B.H.
- 281-291 Modelling the interactions between regional farming structure, nitrogen losses and environmental regulation
by Happe, K. & Hutchings, N.J. & Dalgaard, T. & Kellerman, K.
- 292-296 The contribution of maize cropping in the Midwest USA to global warming: A regional estimate
by Grace, Peter R. & Philip Robertson, G. & Millar, Neville & Colunga-Garcia, Manuel & Basso, Bruno & Gage, Stuart H. & Hoben, John
February 2011, Volume 104, Issue 2
- 105-109 Integrated assessment of sustainability of agricultural systems and land use: Methods, tools and applications
by Bezlepkina, Irina & Reidsma, Pytrik & Sieber, Stefan & Helming, Katharina
- 110-121 Regional impacts of abolishing direct payments: An integrated analysis in four European regions
by Uthes, Sandra & Piorr, Annette & Zander, Peter & Bienkowski, Jerzy & Ungaro, Fabrizio & Dalgaard, Tommy & Stolze, Matthias & Moschitz, Heidrun & Schader, Christian & Happe, Kathrin & Sahrbacher, Amanda & Damgaard, Martin & Toussaint, Verena & Sattler, Claudia & Reinhardt, Franz-Josef & Kjeldsen, Chris & Casini, Leonardo & Müller, Klaus
- 122-134 Integration of bio-physical and economic models to analyze management intensity and landscape structure effects at farm and landscape level
by Schönhart, Martin & Schauppenlehner, Thomas & Schmid, Erwin & Muhar, Andreas
- 135-145 Assessing the impact of the Nitrate Directive on farming systems using a bio-economic modelling chain
by Belhouchette, Hatem & Louhichi, Kamel & Therond, Olivier & Mouratiadou, Ioanna & Wery, Jacques & Ittersum, Martin van & Flichman, Guillermo
- 146-161 Integrated participatory modelling of actual farms to support policy making on sustainable intensification
by Vayssières, Jonathan & Vigne, Mathieu & Alary, Véronique & Lecomte, Philippe
- 162-174 Evaluation of the water use efficiency of alternative farm practices at a range of spatial and temporal scales: A conceptual framework and a modelling approach
by Moore, A.D. & Robertson, M.J. & Routley, R.
- 175-190 Competing use of organic resources, village-level interactions between farm types and climate variability in a communal area of NE Zimbabwe
by Rufino, M.C. & Dury, J. & Tittonell, P. & van Wijk, M.T. & Herrero, M. & Zingore, S. & Mapfumo, P. & Giller, K.E.
- 191-203 Communicating complexity: Integrated assessment of trade-offs concerning soil fertility management within African farming systems to support innovation and development
by Giller, K.E. & Tittonell, P. & Rufino, M.C. & van Wijk, M.T. & Zingore, S. & Mapfumo, P. & Adjei-Nsiah, S. & Herrero, M. & Chikowo, R. & Corbeels, M. & Rowe, E.C. & Baijukya, F. & Mwijage, A. & Smith, J. & Yeboah, E. & van der Burg, W.J. & Sanogo, O.M. & Misiko, M. & de Ridder, N. & Karanja, S. & Kaizzi, C. & K'ungu, J. & Mwale, M. & Nwaga, D. & Pacini, C. & Vanlauwe, B.
- 204-215 Impacts of population growth, economic development, and technical change on global food production and consumption
by Schneider, Uwe A. & Havlík, Petr & Schmid, Erwin & Valin, Hugo & Mosnier, Aline & Obersteiner, Michael & Böttcher, Hannes & Skalský, Rastislav & Balkovic, Juraj & Sauer, Timm & Fritz, Steffen
January 2011, Volume 104, Issue 1
- 1-12 Development and evaluation of an integrated simulation model for assessing smallholder crop-livestock production in Yucatán, Mexico
by Parsons, David & Nicholson, Charles F. & Blake, Robert W. & Ketterings, Quirine M. & Ramírez-Aviles, Luis & Fox, Danny G. & Tedeschi, Luis O. & Cherney, Jerome H.
- 13-19 Application of a simulation model for assessing integration of smallholder shifting cultivation and sheep production in Yucatán, Mexico
by Parsons, David & Nicholson, Charles F. & Blake, Robert W. & Ketterings, Quirine M. & Ramírez-Aviles, Luis & Cherney, Jerome H. & Fox, Danny G.
- 20-29 The influence of agronomic advice upon soil water thresholds used for planting decisions in Southern Queensland's grains region
by Darbas, Toni & Lawrence, David
- 30-41 IPM of mirids in Australian cotton: Why and when pest managers spray for mirids
by Whitehouse, M.E.A.
- 42-53 Livelihoods and agro-ecological gradients: A meso-level analysis in the Indo-Gangetic Plains, India
by Erenstein, Olaf & Thorpe, William
- 54-62 Cropping systems and crop residue management in the Trans-Gangetic Plains: Issues and challenges for conservation agriculture from village surveys
by Erenstein, Olaf
- 63-74 Heterogeneity in farmers' production decisions and its impact on soil nutrient use: Results and implications from northern Nigeria
by Berkhout, E.D. & Schipper, R.A. & Van Keulen, H. & Coulibaly, O.
- 75-81 The contribution of carbon-based payments to wetland conservation compensation on agricultural landscapes
by Neuman, Amber D. & Belcher, Ken W.
- 82-93 Policies to support economic and environmental goals at farm and regional scales: Outcomes for rice farmers in Southern India depend on their resource endowment
by Senthilkumar, K. & Lubbers, M.T.M.H. & de Ridder, N. & Bindraban, P.S. & Thiyagarajan, T.M. & Giller, K.E.
- 94-103 Coordinated pest management decisions in the presence of management externalities: The case of greenhouse whitefly in California-grown strawberries
by McKee, Gregory J.
November 2010, Volume 103, Issue 9
- 599-608 Life cycle assessment of high- and low-profitability commodity and deep-bedded niche swine production systems in the Upper Midwestern United States
by Pelletier, N. & Lammers, P. & Stender, D. & Pirog, R.
- 609-620 Modelling agricultural expansion in Kenya's Eastern Arc Mountains biodiversity hotspot
by Maeda, Eduardo Eiji & Clark, Barnaby J.F. & Pellikka, Petri & Siljander, Mika
- 621-638 How much land is needed for global food production under scenarios of dietary changes and livestock productivity increases in 2030?
by Wirsenius, Stefan & Azar, Christian & Berndes, Göran
- 639-646 Steps toward sustainable ranching: An emergy evaluation of conventional and holistic management in Chiapas, Mexico
by Alfaro-Arguello, Rigoberto & Diemont, Stewart A.W. & Ferguson, Bruce G. & Martin, Jay F. & Nahed-Toral, José & David Álvarez-Solís, J. & Ruíz, René Pinto
- 647-655 Modeling spatio-temporal crop allocation patterns by a stochastic decision tree method, considering agronomic driving factors
by Sorel, Luc & Viaud, Valérie & Durand, Patrick & Walter, Christian
- 656-665 Regional simulation of maize production in tropical savanna fallow systems as affected by fallow availability
by Gaiser, Thomas & Judex, Michael & Hiepe, Claudia & Kuhn, Arnim
- 666-674 Bio-economic assessment of climate change impacts on managed grassland production
by Finger, Robert & Lazzarotto, Patrick & Calanca, Pierluigi
- 675-682 A conceptual framework for guiding the participatory development of agricultural decision support systems
by Jakku, E. & Thorburn, P.J.
- 683-694 Recent changes in the climatic yield potential of various crops in Europe
by Supit, I. & van Diepen, C.A. & de Wit, A.J.W. & Kabat, P. & Baruth, B. & Ludwig, F.
- 695-695 Erratum to "Quantifying economic and environmental tradeoffs of walnut arthropod pest management" [Agricultural Systems 103 (2010) pp. 294-306]
by Steinmann, Kimberly P. & Zhang, Minghua & Grant, Joseph A. & Pickel, Carolyn & Goodhue, Rachael E. & Klonsky, Karen
October 2010, Volume 103, Issue 8
- 509-520 Simulating the effects of tax exemptions on fertiliser use in Benin by linking biophysical and economic models
by Kuhn, Arnim & Gaiser, Thomas & Gandonou, Esaïe
- 521-534 Conserving natural resources in olive orchards on sloping land: Alternative goal programming approaches towards effective design of cross-compliance and agri-environmental measures
by Fleskens, Luuk & Graaff, Jan de
- 535-542 Conserving water in arid regions: Exploring the economic feasibility of alternative crops
by Bishop, Carol D. & Curtis, Kynda R. & Kim, Man-Keun
- 543-550 The agronomic and economic benefits of fertilizer and mulch use in highland banana systems in Uganda
by Wairegi, L.W.I. & van Asten, P.J.A.
- 551-561 Energy and carbon inventory of Iowa swine production facilities
by Lammers, P.J. & Honeyman, M.S. & Harmon, J.D. & Helmers, M.J.
- 562-568 Enabling natural resource managers to self-assess their adaptive capacity
by Brown, Peter R. & Nelson, Rohan & Jacobs, Brent & Kokic, Phil & Tracey, Jacquie & Ahmed, Mehnaz & DeVoil, Peter
- 569-584 Simulating landscape catena effects in no-till dryland agroecosystems using GPFARM
by Ascough II, J.C. & Andales, A.A. & Sherrod, L.A. & McMaster, G.S. & Hansen, N.C. & DeJonge, K.C. & Fathelrahman, E.M. & Ahuja, L.R. & Peterson, G.A. & Hoag, D.L.
- 585-597 FSSIM, a bio-economic farm model for simulating the response of EU farming systems to agricultural and environmental policies
by Louhichi, Kamel & Kanellopoulos, Argyris & Janssen, Sander & Flichman, Guillermo & Blanco, Maria & Hengsdijk, Huib & Heckelei, Thomas & Berentsen, Paul & Lansink, Alfons Oude & Ittersum, Martin Van
September 2010, Volume 103, Issue 7
- 403-417 Potential, spatial distribution and economic performance of regional biomass chains: The North of the Netherlands as example
by van der Hilst, F. & Dornburg, V. & Sanders, J.P.M. & Elbersen, B. & Graves, A. & Turkenburg, W.C. & Elbersen, H.W. & van Dam, J.M.C. & Faaij, A.P.C.
- 418-432 Increasing incomes of Malian cotton farmers: Is elimination of US subsidies the only solution?
by Baquedano, Felix G. & Sanders, John H. & Vitale, Jeffrey
- 433-443 Modeling biomass, nitrogen and water dynamics in rice-wheat rotations
by Jing, Qi & Keulen, Herman van & Hengsdijk, Huib
- 444-452 Analysis of information systems and communication networks for organic and conventional hazelnut producers in the Samsun province of Turkey
by Demiryurek, Kursat
- 453-462 Factors influencing potential scale of adoption of a perennial pasture in a mixed crop-livestock farming system
by Byrne, F. & Robertson, M.J. & Bathgate, A. & Hoque, Z.
- 463-477 Ontology-based simulation in agricultural systems modeling
by Beck, Howard & Morgan, Kelly & Jung, Yunchul & Grunwald, Sabine & Kwon, Ho-young & Wu, Jin
- 478-485 Optimal site-specific fertilization and harvesting strategies with respect to crop yield and quality response to nitrogen
by Meyer-Aurich, Andreas & Weersink, Alfons & Gandorfer, Markus & Wagner, Peter
- 486-497 A participatory, farming systems approach to improving Bali cattle production in the smallholder crop-livestock systems of Eastern Indonesia
by Lisson, Shaun & MacLeod, Neil & McDonald, Cam & Corfield, Jeff & Pengelly, Bruce & Wirajaswadi, Lalu & Rahman, Rahmat & Bahar, Syamsu & Padjung, Rusnadi & Razak, Nasruddin & Puspadi, Ketut & Dahlanuddin & Sutaryono, Yusuf & Saenong, Sania & Panjaitan, Tanda & Hadiawati, Lia & Ash, Andrew & Brennan, Lisa
- 498-507 The environmental performance of milk production on a typical Portuguese dairy farm
by Castanheira, É.G. & Dias, A.C. & Arroja, L. & Amaro, R.
July 2010, Volume 103, Issue 6
- 345-350 Probabilities for decision analysis in agriculture and rural resource economics: The need for a paradigm change
by Hardaker, J. Brian & Lien, Gudbrand
- 351-360 The water needed for Italians to eat pasta and pizza
by Aldaya, M.M. & Hoekstra, A.Y.
- 361-370 Uncertain water supply in an irrigated Mediterranean area: An analysis of the possible economic impact of climate change on the farm sector
by Dono, Gabriele & Mazzapicchio, Graziano
- 371-379 Life cycle assessment of greenhouse gas emissions from beef production in western Canada: A case study
by Beauchemin, Karen A. & Henry Janzen, H. & Little, Shannan M. & McAllister, Tim A. & McGinn, Sean M.
- 380-389 Comparative life cycle environmental impacts of three beef production strategies in the Upper Midwestern United States
by Pelletier, Nathan & Pirog, Rich & Rasmussen, Rebecca
- 390-400 Adaptive management in agricultural innovation systems: The interactions between innovation networks and their environment
by Klerkx, Laurens & Aarts, Noelle & Leeuwis, Cees
- 401-401 Soil Science Simplified, fifth ed., N. Eash, C.J. Green, A. Ravzi, W.J. Bennett. Wiley-Blackwell Publishing, Ames, Iowa, USA (2008). 256 pp., Price US$ 62.99, Hardback, ISBN: 978-0-8138-1823-8
by Braneon, Christian V.
- 401-402 Food, Energy, and Society, third ed., D. Pimentel, M.H. Pimentel (Eds.). CRC Press, Baton Rouge, Florida, USA (2008). 380 pp., Price US$ 89.95, Hardback, ISBN: 978-1-4200-4667-0
by Turano, Brian
June 2010, Volume 103, Issue 5
- 233-244 Participatory evaluation of integrated pest and soil fertility management options using ordered categorical data analysis
by De Groote, Hugo & Rutto, Esther & Odhiambo, George & Kanampiu, Fred & Khan, Zeyaur & Coe, Richard & Vanlauwe, Bernard
- 245-255 Learning selection revisited: How can agricultural researchers make a difference?
by Douthwaite, Boru & Gummert, Martin
- 256-264 Influence of likelihood function choice for estimating crop model parameters using the generalized likelihood uncertainty estimation method
by He, Jianqiang & Jones, James W. & Graham, Wendy D. & Dukes, Michael D.
- 265-281 Modeling the impact of HIV/AIDS upon food security of diverse rural households in Western Kenya
by Gill, T.B.
- 282-293 Modeling a farm population to estimate on-farm compliance costs and environmental effects of a grassland extensification scheme at the regional scale
by Uthes, Sandra & Sattler, Claudia & Zander, Peter & Piorr, Annette & Matzdorf, Bettina & Damgaard, Martin & Sahrbacher, Amanda & Schuler, Johannes & Kjeldsen, Chris & Heinrich, Uwe & Fischer, Holger
- 294-306 Quantifying economic and environmental tradeoffs of walnut arthropod pest management
by Steinmann, Kimberly P. & Zhang, Minghua & Grant, Joseph A. & Pickel, Carolyn & Goodhue, Rachael E. & Klonsky, Karen
- 307-315 Yield gap of rainfed rice in farmers' fields in Central Java, Indonesia
by Boling, A.A. & Tuong, T.P. & van Keulen, H. & Bouman, B.A.M. & Suganda, H. & Spiertz, J.H.J.
- 316-326 The yield gap of global grain production: A spatial analysis
by Neumann, Kathleen & Verburg, Peter H. & Stehfest, Elke & Müller, Christoph
- 327-341 Integrating agroecology and landscape multifunctionality in Vermont: An evolving framework to evaluate the design of agroecosystems
by Lovell, Sarah Taylor & DeSantis, S'ra & Nathan, Chloe A. & Olson, Meryl Breton & Ernesto Méndez, V. & Kominami, Hisashi C. & Erickson, Daniel L. & Morris, Katlyn S. & Morris, William B.
- 342-343 Indian Agriculture: Challenges of Globalization, A. Vinayak Reddy, M. Yadagira Charyulu (Eds.). New Century Publications, New Delhi, India (2008). 346 pp., US$ 42.50, Hardback, ISBN: 978-81-7708-171-8
by Alagarswamy, Gopal
- 343-343 The Peach: Botany, Production and Uses, D.R. Layne, D. Bassi (Eds.). CABI, Wallingford, UK (2008). 615 pp., US$ 270, Hardback, ISBN: 978-1-84593-386-9
by Rieger, Mark
- 343-344 Biofuels: Production, Application and Development, A.H. Scragg. CABI, Wallingford, Oxfordshire, UK (2009). 240 pp., Price Â£ 39.99/US$ 75.91/[euro] 55.93, Softback, ISBN: 978-1-84593-592-4
by Persson, Tomas
May 2010, Volume 103, Issue 4
- 171-179 Wandering off the paths of planned innovation: The role of formal and informal intermediaries in a large-scale irrigation scheme in Morocco
by Poncet, J. & Kuper, M. & Chiche, J.
- 180-186 An intrinsic mechanism for the co-existence of different survival strategies within mobile pastoralist communities
by Okayasu, Tomoo & Okuro, Toshiya & Jamsran, Undarmaa & Takeuchi, Kazuhiko
- 187-197 The potential contribution of forage shrubs to economic returns and environmental management in Australian dryland agricultural systems
by Monjardino, Marta & Revell, Dean & Pannell, David J.
- 198-209 Developing greenhouse gas marginal abatement cost curves for agricultural emissions from crops and soils in the UK
by MacLeod, Michael & Moran, Dominic & Eory, Vera & Rees, R.M. & Barnes, Andrew & Topp, Cairistiona F.E. & Ball, Bruce & Hoad, Steve & Wall, Eileen & McVittie, Alistair & Pajot, Guillaume & Matthews, Robin & Smith, Pete & Moxey, Andrew
- 210-220 Long-term stochastic simulation of mountain beef cattle herds under diverse management strategies
by Villalba, D. & Ripoll, G. & Ruiz, R. & Bernués, A.
- 221-232 BANAD: A farm model for ex ante assessment of agro-ecological innovations and its application to banana farms in Guadeloupe
by Blazy, Jean-Marc & Tixier, Philippe & Thomas, Alban & Ozier-Lafontaine, Harry & Salmon, Frédéric & Wery, Jacques
March 2010, Volume 103, Issue 3
- 117-126 Using a role-playing game to inform the development of land-use models for the study of a complex socio-ecological system
by Washington-Ottombre, C. & Pijanowski, B. & Campbell, D. & Olson, J. & Maitima, J. & Musili, A. & Kibaki, T. & Kaburu, H. & Hayombe, P. & Owango, E. & Irigia, B. & Gichere, S. & Mwangi, A.
- 127-136 Potential benefits of early vigor and changes in phenology in wheat to adapt to warmer and drier climates
by Ludwig, Fulco & Asseng, Senthold
- 137-145 Farm types for beef production and their economic success in a mountainous province of northern Vietnam
by Huyen, Le Thi Thanh & Herold, Pera & Valle Zárate, A.
- 146-152 Evidence of farm-level synergies in mixed-farming systems in the Australian Wheat-Sheep Zone
by Villano, Renato & Fleming, Euan & Fleming, Pauline
- 153-160 Social costs and incentives for optimal control of soil nutrient depletion in the central highlands of Ethiopia
by Yirga, Chillot & Hassan, Rashid M.
- 161-170 Balancing land use to manage river volume and salinity: Economic and hydrological consequences for the Little River catchment in Central West, New South Wales, Australia
by Finlayson, John & Bathgate, Andrew & Nordblom, Tom & Theiveyanathan, Tivi & Farquharson, Bob & Crosbie, Russell & Mitchell, David & Hoque, Ziaul
February 2010, Volume 103, Issue 2
- 1-1 Editors' note
by Berentsen, Paul & Thornton, Philip
- 63-72 A preliminary assessment of climate change impacts on sugarcane in Swaziland
by Knox, J.W. & Rodríguez Díaz, J.A. & Nixon, D.J. & Mkhwanazi, M.
- 73-82 Adapting to climate change: Agricultural system and household impacts in East Africa
by Thornton, Philip K. & Jones, Peter G. & Alagarswamy, Gopal & Andresen, Jeff & Herrero, Mario
- 83-97 The diversity of rural livelihoods and their influence on soil fertility in agricultural systems of East Africa - A typology of smallholder farms
by Tittonell, P. & Muriuki, A. & Shepherd, K.D. & Mugendi, D. & Kaizzi, K.C. & Okeyo, J. & Verchot, L. & Coe, R. & Vanlauwe, B.
- 98-104 Input management in integrated agriculture-aquaculture systems in Yucatan: Tree spinach leaves as a dietary supplement in tilapia culture
by Poot-López, Gaspar Román & Hernández, Juan M. & Gasca-Leyva, Eucario
- 105-109 Contributing understanding of mitigation options for phosphorus and sediment to a review of the efficacy of contemporary agricultural stewardship measures
by Deasy, Clare & Quinton, John N. & Silgram, Martyn & Bailey, Alison P. & Jackson, Bob & Stevens, Carly J.
- 110-116 Intensive versus low-input cropping systems: What is the optimal partitioning of agricultural area in order to reduce pesticide use while maintaining productivity?
by Gosme, Marie & Suffert, Frédéric & Jeuffroy, Marie-Hélène
January 2010, Volume 103, Issue 1
- 1-9 Life Cycle Assessment of biomass production in a Mediterranean greenhouse using different water sources: Groundwater, treated wastewater and desalinated seawater
by Muñoz, Ivan & del Mar Gómez, María & Fernández-Alba, Amadeo R.
- 10-20 A seasonal model of contracts between a monopsonistic processor and smallholder pepper producers in Costa Rica
by Sáenz-Segura, Fernando & D'Haese, Marijke & Schipper, Robert A.
- 21-35 Intensification of New Zealand beef farming systems
by White, T.A. & Snow, V.O. & King, W.McG.
- 36-40 Evaluation of the utilization of heated sewage sludge for peri-urban horticulture production in the Sahel of West Africa
by Hayashi, Keiichi & Abdoulaye, Tahirou & Wakatsuki, Toshiyuki
- 41-50 Energy consumption, greenhouse gas emissions and economic performance assessments in French Charolais suckler cattle farms: Model-based analysis and forecasts
by Veysset, P. & Lherm, M. & Bébin, D.
- 51-62 Constraints to farmers' adoption of direct-seeding mulch-based cropping systems: A farm scale modeling approach applied to the mountainous slopes of Vietnam
by Affholder, François & Jourdain, Damien & Quang, Dang Dinh & Tuong, To Phuc & Morize, Marion & Ricome, Aymeric
October 2009, Volume 102, Issue 1-3
- 1-10 Social and economic impacts of agricultural productivity intensification: The case of brush park fisheries in Lake Volta
by Béné, Christophe & Obirih-Opareh, Nelson
- 11-16 Crop rotations in Argentina: Analysis of water balance and yield using crop models
by Salado-Navarro, Luis R. & Sinclair, Thomas R.
- 17-23 A decision tool for evaluating the agronomic risk of exposure to fumonisins of different maize crop management systems in Italy
by Maiorano, Andrea & Reyneri, Amedeo & Magni, Aronne & Ramponi, Cesare
- 24-32 Tactical management of pasture fallows in Western Australian cropping systems
by Doole, Graeme J. & Weetman, Ellen
- 33-40 Livestock water productivity in mixed crop-livestock farming systems of the Blue Nile basin: Assessing variability and prospects for improvement
by Haileslassie, Amare & Peden, Don & Gebreselassie, Solomon & Amede, Tilahun & Descheemaeker, Katrien
- 41-47 Agronomic and gross margin analysis of an insect pest suppressive broccoli cropping system
by Broad, S.T. & Lisson, S.N. & Mendham, N.J.
- 48-57 Identifying the value of pasture improvement using wholefarm modelling
by Bathgate, A. & Revell, C. & Kingwell, R.
- 58-66 Application of crop growth simulation and mathematical modeling to supply chain management in the Thai sugar industry
by Piewthongngam, Kullapapruk & Pathumnakul, Supachai & Setthanan, Kanchana
- 67-76 Tractive power in organic farming based on fuel cell technology - Energy balance and environmental load
by Ahlgren, S. & Baky, A. & Bernesson, S. & Nordberg, Å. & Norén, O. & Hansson, P.-A.
- 77-88 A dynamic bio-economic model to simulate optimal adjustments of suckler cow farm management to production and market shocks in France
by Mosnier, C. & Agabriel, J. & Lherm, M. & Reynaud, A.
- 89-101 Identifying key entry-points for strategic management of smallholder farming systems in sub-Saharan Africa using the dynamic farm-scale simulation model NUANCES-FARMSIM
by van Wijk, Mark T. & Tittonell, Pablo & Rufino, Mariana C. & Herrero, Mario & Pacini, Cesare & Ridder, Nico de & Giller, Ken E.
July 2009, Volume 101, Issue 3
- 113-127 The impacts of climate change on livestock and livestock systems in developing countries: A review of what we know and what we need to know
by Thornton, P.K. & van de Steeg, J. & Notenbaert, A. & Herrero, M.
- 128-138 GAMEDE: A global activity model for evaluating the sustainability of dairy enterprises Part I - Whole-farm dynamic model
by Vayssières, Jonathan & Guerrin, François & Paillat, Jean-Marie & Lecomte, Philippe
- 139-151 GAMEDE: A global activity model for evaluating the sustainability of dairy enterprises. Part II - Interactive simulation of various management strategies with diverse stakeholders
by Vayssières, Jonathan & Bocquier, François & Lecomte, Philippe
- 152-161 Economic evaluation of current and alternative dual-purpose cattle systems for smallholder farms in the central Peruvian highlands
by Bartl, K. & Mayer, A.C. & Gómez, C.A. & Muñoz, E. & Hess, H.D. & Holmann, F.
- 162-172 The early economic impact of a nutrient management decision support system (NuMaSS) on small farm households cultivating maize on acidic, upland soils in the Philippines
by Walker, T. & Friday, J. & Casimero, M. & Dollentas, R. & Mataia, A. & Acda, R. & Yost, R.
- 173-185 A quantitative framework to analyse cooperation between rural households
by Gerichhausen, M. & Berkhout, E.D. & Hamers, H.J.M. & Manyong, V.M.
- 186-196 Development of a mathematical model to study the impacts of production and management policies on the herd dynamics and profitability of dairy goats
by Guimarães, Vinícius Pereira & Tedeschi, Luis Orlindo & Rodrigues, Marcelo Teixeira
- 197-199 Can large-scale biofuels production be sustainable by 2020?
by Bindraban, Prem S. & Bulte, Erwin H. & Conijn, Sjaak G.
June 2009, Volume 101, Issue 1-2
- 1-19 Beyond resource constraints - Exploring the biophysical feasibility of options for the intensification of smallholder crop-livestock systems in Vihiga district, Kenya
by Tittonell, P. & van Wijk, M.T. & Herrero, M. & Rufino, M.C. & de Ridder, N. & Giller, K.E.
- 20-29 Socioeconomic and institutional factors influencing adoption of conservation farming by vulnerable households in Zimbabwe
by Mazvimavi, Kizito & Twomlow, Steve
- 30-41 A methodological framework that accounts for farm diversity in the prototyping of crop management systems. Application to banana-based systems in Guadeloupe
by Blazy, Jean-Marc & Ozier-Lafontaine, Harry & Doré, Thierry & Thomas, Alban & Wery, Jacques
- 42-48 Risk programming and sparse data: how to get more reliable results
by Lien, Gudbrand & Hardaker, J. Brian & Asseldonk, Marcel A.P.M. van & Richardson, James W.
- 49-56 A model to evaluate the consequences of GM and non-GM segregation scenarios on GM crop placement in the landscape and cross-pollination risk management
by Coléno, F.C. & Angevin, F. & Lécroart, B.
- 57-68 An integrated evaluation of strategies for enhancing productivity and profitability of resource-constrained smallholder farms in Zimbabwe
by Zingore, S. & González-Estrada, E. & Delve, R.J. & Herrero, M. & Dimes, J.P. & Giller, K.E.
- 69-79 Grazing institutions in Castilla-La Mancha, dynamic or downward trend in the Spanish cereal-sheep system
by Caballero, R. & Fernández-Santos, X.
- 80-90 Potential value of GCM-based seasonal rainfall forecasts for maize management in semi-arid Kenya
by Hansen, James W. & Mishra, Ashok & Rao, K.P.C. & Indeje, Matayo & Ngugi, Robinson Kinuthia
- 91-100 A comparison of the climate risks of cereal, citrus, grapevine and olive production in Spain
by Quiroga, Sonia & Iglesias, Ana
- 101-109 A GIS-integrated fuzzy rule-based inference system for land suitability evaluation in agricultural watersheds
by Reshmidevi, T.V. & Eldho, T.I. & Jana, R.
- 110-110 Managing agricultural landscapes for environmental quality. Strengthening the science base, M. Schnepf, C. Cox (Eds.). Soil and Water Conservation Society, Ankeny, Iowa, USA(2007). 196pp., US$32.00 (softback), ISBN: 978-0-9769432-4-2
by Dabney, Seth
- 110-111 Biological globalisation: Bio-invasions and their impacts on nature, the economy and public health, W. van der Weijden, R. Leewis, P. Bol. KNNV Publishing, Utrecht, The Netherlands (2007), 224 p., Price [euro]49.95 (softback), ISBN: 978-90-5011-243-7
by Rabbinge, Rudy
- 111-112 Starved for science: How biotechnology is being kept out of Africa, Robert Paarlberg. Harvard University Press, Cambridge, 2008, 235pp. US$24.95 (hardback) ISBN 978-0-674-02973-6
by Brown, Douglas R.
April 2009, Volume 100, Issue 1-3
- 1-10 Using on-field data to develop the EFIÂ© information system to characterise agronomic productivity and labour efficiency in peach (Prunus persica L. Batsch) orchards in France
by Plénet, Daniel & Giauque, Pierre & Navarro, Eric & Millan, Muriel & Hilaire, Christian & Hostalnou, Eric & Lyoussoufi, Abder & Samie, Jean-François
- 11-21 Maize ethanol feedstock production and net energy value as affected by climate variability and crop management practices
by Persson, Tomas & Garcia y Garcia, Axel & Paz, Joel & Jones, Jim & Hoogenboom, Gerrit
- 22-30 Evaluating an environmental indicator: Case study of MERLIN, a method for assessing the risk of nitrate leaching
by Aveline, A. & Rousseau, M.L. & Guichard, L. & Laurent, M. & Bockstaller, C.
- 31-42 Modeling the impact of global change on regional agricultural land use through an activity-based non-linear programming approach
by Henseler, Martin & Wirsig, Alexander & Herrmann, Sylvia & Krimly, Tatjana & Dabbert, Stephan
- 43-50 Adaptive management of stocking rates to reduce effects of drought on cow-calf production systems in semi-arid rangelands
by Díaz-Solís, H. & Grant, W.E. & Kothmann, M.M. & Teague, W.R. & Díaz-García, J.A.
- 51-60 Regional crop modelling in Europe: The impact of climatic conditions and farm characteristics on maize yields
by Reidsma, Pytrik & Ewert, Frank & Boogaard, Hendrik & Diepen, Kees van
- 61-71 Soil management: The key factors for higher productivity in the fields utilizing the system of rice intensification (SRI) in the central highland of Madagascar
by Tsujimoto, Yasuhiro & Horie, Takeshi & Randriamihary, Hamon & Shiraiwa, Tatsuhiko & Homma, Koki
- 72-79 Integration of geospatial and cattle nutrition information to estimate paddock grazing capacity in Northern US prairie
by Phillips, Rebecca & Beeri, Ofer & Scholljegerdes, Eric & Bjergaard, David & Hendrickson, John
- 80-87 Uncertainty and investment in precision agriculture - Is it worth the money?
by Tozer, Peter R.
- 88-88 Agricultural Research at the Crossroads: Revisited Resource-poor Farmers and the Millennium Development Goals, Bo M.I. Bengtsson. Science Publishers, New Hampshire, USA (2007). 339 pp., Price: US$59.50 Hardback, ISBN: 9781578085149
by Bowen, Walter T.
- 88-89 A history of world agriculture from the neolithic age to the current crisis, Earthscan, M. Mazoyer, L. Roudart, London, United Kingdom (2006). 512 pp., Price Â£22.95 (softback), ISBN: 978-1-84407-399-3
by Coffey, David M.
- 89-89 Modern Soil Microbiology, second ed
by Whitman, William B.
February 2009, Volume 99, Issue 2-3
- 67-75 A review of the efficacy of contemporary agricultural stewardship measures for ameliorating water pollution problems of key concern to the UK water industry
by Kay, Paul & Edwards, Anthony C. & Foulger, Miles
- 76-85 A modelling approach to explore nitrogen fertilisation practices of growers and their consequences in apple orchards
by Nesme, Thomas & Lescourret, Françoise & Bellon, Stéphane & Habib, Robert
- 86-104 Motivations, risk perceptions and adoption of conservation practices by farmers
by Greiner, Romy & Patterson, Louisa & Miller, Owen
- 105-116 Identifying indicators of the spatial variation of agricultural practices by a tree partitioning method: The case of weed control practices in a vine growing catchment
by Biarnès, A. & Bailly, J.S. & Boissieux, Y.
- 117-125 Is it possible to increase the sustainability of arable and ruminant agriculture by reducing inputs?
by Glendining, M.J. & Dailey, A.G. & Williams, A.G. & Evert, F.K. van & Goulding, K.W.T. & Whitmore, A.P.
- 126-140 Generating plausible crop distribution maps for Sub-Saharan Africa using a spatially disaggregated data fusion and optimization approach
by You, Liangzhi & Wood, Stanley & Wood-Sichra, Ulrike