Contact information of Elsevier
Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Access and download statisticsTop item:
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help
correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .
2017, Volume 98, Issue C
2017, Volume 97, Issue C
- 1-13 Financial Inclusion, Bank Concentration, and Firm Performance
by Chauvet, Lisa & Jacolin, Luc
- 14-26 Aiming for a Moving Target: The Dynamics of Household Electricity Connections in a Developing Context
by Harris, Tom & Collinson, Mark & Wittenberg, Martin
- 27-48 Collective Property Leads to Household Investments: Lessons From Land Titling in Afro-Colombian Communities
by Peña, Ximena & Vélez, María Alejandra & Cárdenas, Juan Camilo & Perdomo, Natalia & Matajira, Camilo
- 49-66 Aspirations and the Role of Social Protection: Evidence from a Natural Disaster in Rural Pakistan
by Kosec, Katrina & Mo, Cecilia Hyunjung
- 67-78 Conflict and Collisions in Sub-Saharan African Urban Definitions: Interpreting Recent Urbanization Data From Kenya
by Potts, Deborah
- 79-101 Spillover Effects of International Standards: Working Conditions in the Vietnamese SMEs
by Trifković, Neda
- 102-121 Rags and Riches: Relative Prices, Non-Homothetic Preferences, and Inequality in India
by Almås, Ingvild & Kjelsrud, Anders
- 122-137 Understanding the Process of Community Capacity-Building: A Case Study of Two Programs in Yunnan Province, China
by Moreno, Juan M. & Noguchi, Lori M. & Harder, Marie K.
- 138-152 Risk Perception in a Multi-Hazard Environment
by Sullivan-Wiley, Kira A. & Short Gianotti, Anne G.
- 153-164 What Can the Capabilities Approach Learn from an Ubuntu Ethic? A Relational Approach to Development Theory
by Hoffmann, Nimi & Metz, Thaddeus
- 165-177 Obstacles to Takeup: Ecuador's Conditional Cash Transfer Program, The Bono de Desarrollo Humano
by Rinehart, Chloe S. & McGuire, James W.
- 178-198 The Uneven Effect of Financial Constraints: Size, Public Ownership, and Firm Investment in Ethiopia
by Lashitew, Addisu A.
- 199-211 Agrarian Extractivism in Bolivia
by McKay, Ben M.
- 212-231 Squaring the Circle: Reconciling the Need for Rigor with the Reality on the Ground in Resilience Impact Assessment
by Béné, Christophe & Chowdhury, Fahim S. & Rashid, Mamun & Dhali, Sabbir A. & Jahan, Ferdous
- 232-250 Aid Dispersion: Measurement in Principle and Practice
by Fløgstad, Cathrin & Hagen, Rune Jansen
- 251-265 Productivity and Welfare Effects of Nigeria's e-Voucher-Based Input Subsidy Program
by Wossen, Tesfamicheal & Abdoulaye, Tahirou & Alene, Arega & Feleke, Shiferaw & Ricker-Gilbert, Jacob & Manyong, Victor & Awotide, Bola Amoke
- 266-278 Livelihood Strategies and Dynamics in Rural Cambodia
by Jiao, Xi & Pouliot, Mariève & Walelign, Solomon Zena
- 279-297 Market Accessibility and Economic Growth: Insights from a New Dimension of Inequality
by Hochard, Jacob & Barbier, Edward
- 298-312 Do Development Interventions Confer Adaptive Capacity? Insights from Rural India
by Patnaik, Unmesh & Das, Prasun Kumar
- 313-329 Wage Structure and Gender Earnings Differentials in China and India
by LEE, Jong-Wha & Wie, Dainn
- 330-348 Small Firms, large Impact? A systematic review of the SME Finance Literature
by Kersten, Renate & Harms, Job & Liket, Kellie & Maas, Karen
2017, Volume 96, Issue C
- 1-18 Technology Adoption and Employment in Less Developed Countries: A Mixed-Method Systematic Review
by Ugur, Mehmet & Mitra, Arup
- 19-31 Decomposing the Gender Wealth Gap in Ecuador
by Anglade, Boaz & Useche, Pilar & Deere, Carmen Diana
- 32-51 Learn from the Past, Prepare for the Future: Impacts of Education and Experience on Disaster Preparedness in the Philippines and Thailand
by Hoffmann, Roman & Muttarak, Raya
- 52-64 Does the Development Discourse Learn from History?
by Park, Albert Sanghoon
- 65-77 Vulnerability to Drought and Food Price Shocks: Evidence from Ethiopia
by Hill, Ruth Vargas & Porter, Catherine
- 78-86 Hunger and the Experience of Being Well: Absolute and Relative Concerns
by Rojas, Mariano & Guardiola, Jorge
- 87-101 Tax Incentives and Job Creation in the Tourism Sector of Brazil’s SUDENE Area
by Garsous, Grégoire & Corderi, David & Velasco, Mercedes & Colombo, Andrea
- 102-118 The Development Benefits of Maternity Leave
by Fallon, Kathleen M. & Mazar, Alissa & Swiss, Liam
- 119-135 Neighborhood Associations and the Urban Poor: India’s Slum Development Committees
by Auerbach, Adam Michael
- 136-144 Inequality and Charity
by Mastromatteo, Giuseppe & Russo, Francesco Flaviano
- 145-162 Language, Mixed Communes, and Infrastructure: Sources of Inequality and Ethnic Minorities in Vietnam
by Nguyen, Hoa-Thi-Minh & Kompas, Tom & Breusch, Trevor & Ward, Michael B.
- 163-181 Comparing Health Outcomes Across Scheduled Tribes and Castes in India
by Maity, Bipasha
- 182-197 Shared agency: The dominant spouse’s impact on education expenditure
by Fernandez, Antonia & Kambhampati, Uma S.
- 198-215 Explaining Ethiopia’s Growth Acceleration—The Role of Infrastructure and Macroeconomic Policy
by Moller, Lars Christian & Wacker, Konstantin M.
- 216-230 Local Food Prices and International Price Transmission
by Bekkers, Eddy & Brockmeier, Martina & Francois, Joseph & Yang, Fan
- 231-244 Happiness and Health in China: The Paradox of Progress
by Graham, Carol & Zhou, Shaojie & Zhang, Junyi
- 245-263 Raising Consumption Through India’s National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme
by Bose, Nayana
- 264-275 Insurance Function of Livestock: Farmer’s Coping Capacity with Regional Droughts in South-Western Madagascar
by Hänke, Hendrik & Barkmann, Jan
- 276-293 Sons of the Soil Conflict in Africa: Institutional Determinants of Ethnic Conflict Over Land
by Boone, Catherine
- 294-314 Decoupling Standards from Practice: The Impact of In-House Certifications on Coffee Farms’ Environmental and Social Conduct
by Giuliani, Elisa & Ciravegna, Luciano & Vezzulli, Andrea & Kilian, Bernard
- 315-325 Community Forest Management: An Assessment and Explanation of its Performance Through QCA
by Arts, Bas & de Koning, Jessica
- 326-342 Blending Top-Down Federalism with Bottom-Up Engagement to Reduce Inequality in Ethiopia
by Khan, Qaiser & Faguet, Jean-Paul & Ambel, Alemayehu
- 343-358 Participatory Budgeting and the Poor: Tracing Bias in a Multi-Staged Process in Solo, Indonesia
by Grillos, Tara
- 359-374 The Effectiveness of Payments for Environmental Services
by Börner, Jan & Baylis, Kathy & Corbera, Esteve & Ezzine-de-Blas, Driss & Honey-Rosés, Jordi & Persson, U. Martin & Wunder, Sven
- 375-389 Bilateral Donors and the Age of the National Interest: What Prospects for Challenge by Development Agencies?
by Gulrajani, Nilima
- 390-407 Can Gender-Targeted Employment Interventions Help Enhance Community Participation? Evidence from Urban Togo
by Breuer, Anita & Asiedu, Edward
- 408-417 The Effects of Natural Resources on Urbanization, Concentration, and Living Standards in Africa
by Ebeke, Christian Hubert & Ntsama Etoundi, Sabine Mireille
- 418-437 Toward Technology-Sensitive Catching-Up Policies: Insights from Renewable Energy in China
by Binz, Christian & Gosens, Jorrit & Hansen, Teis & Hansen, Ulrich Elmer
- 438-450 International Migration, Workers’ Remittances and Permanent Income Hypothesis
by Lim, Sokchea & Basnet, Hem C.
- 451-473 The Impact of a Computer-based Adult Literacy Program on Literacy and Numeracy: Evidence from India
by Deshpande, Ashwini & Desrochers, Alain & Ksoll, Christopher & Shonchoy, Abu S.
- 474-489 Growing-up Unfortunate: War and Human Capital in Ethiopia
by Weldeegzie, Samuel G.
- 490-502 The ENSO Effect and Asymmetries in Wheat Price Dynamics
by Ubilava, David
- 503-519 Economic Institutions and Comparative Economic Development: A Post-Colonial Perspective
by Bennett, Daniel L. & Faria, Hugo J. & Gwartney, James D. & Morales, Daniel R.
- 520-528 Evidence from Lagos on Discrimination across Ethnic and Class Identities in Informal Trade
by Grossman, Shelby & Honig, Dan
- 529-549 Are “New” Donors Challenging World Bank Conditionality?
by Hernandez, Diego
- 550-561 The Political Economy of Primary Education: Lessons from Rwanda
by Williams, Timothy P.
- 562-577 Do Economic Problems at Home Undermine Worker Safety Abroad?: A Panel Study, 1980–2009
by Lim, Sijeong & Prakash, Aseem
- 578-590 Comparative Advantage in Demand and the Development of Rice Value Chains in West Africa
by Demont, Matty & Fiamohe, Rose & Kinkpé, A. Thierry
- 591-598 The Impact of Regional and Institutional Factors on Labor Productive Performance—Evidence from the Township and Village Enterprise Sector in China
by Zheng, Lucy & Batuo, Michael Enowbi & Shepherd, David
2017, Volume 95, Issue C
- 1-14 Tracing the Causal Loops Through Local Perceptions of Rural Road Impacts in Ethiopia
by Rammelt, Crelis F. & Leung, Maggi W.H.
- 15-26 Estimating Smallholder Opportunity Costs of REDD+: A Pantropical Analysis from Households to Carbon and Back
by Ickowitz, Amy & Sills, Erin & de Sassi, Claudio
- 27-42 Political Effects of Welfare Pluralism: Comparative Evidence from Argentina and Chile
by Wigell, Mikael
- 43-54 Assets, Agency and Legitimacy: Towards a Relational Understanding of Gender Equality Policy and Practice
by Rao, Nitya
- 55-72 Cash for Women’s Empowerment? A Mixed-Methods Evaluation of the Government of Zambia’s Child Grant Program
by Bonilla, Juan & Zarzur, Rosa Castro & Handa, Sudhanshu & Nowlin, Claire & Peterman, Amber & Ring, Hannah & Seidenfeld, David
- 73-87 Contract-farming in Staple Food Chains: The Case of Rice in Benin
by Maertens, Miet & Vande Velde, Katrien
- 88-110 What Determines Access to Piped Water in Rural Areas? Evidence from Small-Scale Supply Systems in Rural Brazil
by Barde, Julia Alexa
- 111-126 Who Are the Global Top 1%?
by Anand, Sudhir & Segal, Paul
- 127-140 Oil Palm Boom, Contract Farming, and Rural Economic Development: Village-Level Evidence from Indonesia
by Gatto, Marcel & Wollni, Meike & Asnawi, Rosyani & Qaim, Matin
- 141-163 Measuring and Explaining Cross-Country Immigration Policies
by Rayp, Glenn & Ruyssen, Ilse & Standaert, Samuel
- 164-176 Racing to the Bottom or to the Top? Decentralization, Revenue Pressures, and Governance Reform in China
by van der Kamp, Denise & Lorentzen, Peter & Mattingly, Daniel
- 177-195 Distributional Effects of Growth and Public Expenditures in Africa: Estimates for Tanzania and Rwanda
by Almanzar, Miguel & Torero, Maximo
- 196-210 Return Migration and Economic Outcomes in the Conflict Context
by Fransen, Sonja & Ruiz, Isabel & Vargas-Silva, Carlos
- 211-230 Resources and Intimate Partner Violence in Sub-Saharan Africa
by Cools, Sara & Kotsadam, Andreas
- 231-253 What’s So Spatial about Diversification in Nigeria?
by Corral, Paul & Radchenko, Natalia
- 254-267 Promoting Democracy in Fragile States: Field Experimental Evidence from Liberia
by Mvukiyehe, Eric & Samii, Cyrus
- 268-284 Do Different Implementing Partnerships Lead to Different Project Outcomes? Evidence from the World Bank Project-Level Evaluation Data
by Shin, Wonkyu & Kim, Youngwan & Sohn, Hyuk-Sang
- 285-302 Ethnic Diversity and Poverty
by Awaworyi Churchill, Sefa & Smyth, Russell
- 303-315 Children’s Diets, Nutrition Knowledge, and Access to Markets
by Hirvonen, Kalle & Hoddinott, John & Minten, Bart & Stifel, David
- 316-333 Irrigation as a Historical Determinant of Social Capital in India? A Large-Scale Survey Analysis
by von Carnap, Tillmann
- 334-347 Economic Life in Refugee Camps
by Alloush, Mohamad & Taylor, J. Edward & Gupta, Anubhab & Rojas Valdes, Ruben Irvin & Gonzalez-Estrada, Ernesto
2017, Volume 94, Issue C
- 2-15 Natural Disaster, Poverty, and Development: An Introduction
by Sawada, Yasuyuki & Takasaki, Yoshito
- 16-26 Do Natural Disasters Affect the Poor Disproportionately? Price Change and Welfare Impact in the Aftermath of Typhoon Milenyo in the Rural Philippines
by Sakai, Yoko & Estudillo, Jonna P. & Fuwa, Nobuhiko & Higuchi, Yuki & Sawada, Yasuyuki
- 27-37 Self-Production, Friction, and Risk Sharing against Disasters: Evidence from a Developing Country
by Sawada, Yasuyuki & Nakata, Hiroyuki & Kotera, Tomoaki
- 38-50 Benefiting From Disaster? Public and Private Responses to the Wenchuan Earthquake
by Park, Albert & Wang, Sangui
- 51-63 Household-Level Recovery after Floods in a Tribal and Conflict-Ridden Society
by Kurosaki, Takashi
- 64-74 Post-disaster Informal Risk Sharing Against Illness
by Takasaki, Yoshito
- 75-89 Do Natural Disasters Decrease the Gender Gap in Schooling?
by Takasaki, Yoshito
- 90-105 Trust, Risk, and Time Preferences After a Natural Disaster: Experimental Evidence from Thailand
by Cassar, Alessandra & Healy, Andrew & von Kessler, Carl
- 106-118 The 1960 Tsunami in Hawaii: Long-Term Consequences of a Coastal Disaster
by Lynham, John & Noy, Ilan & Page, Jonathan
- 119-138 Welfare Impacts of Index Insurance in the Presence of a Poverty Trap
by Chantarat, Sommarat & Mude, Andrew G. & Barrett, Christopher B. & Turvey, Calum G.
- 139-156 The Demand for Microinsurance: A Literature Review
by Platteau, Jean-Philippe & De Bock, Ombeline & Gelade, Wouter
- 157-173 Disaster, Aid, and Preferences: The Long-run Impact of the Tsunami on Giving in Sri Lanka
by Becchetti, Leonardo & Castriota, Stefano & Conzo, Pierluigi
- 174-185 The Impact of Rural Electric Access on Deforestation Rates
by Tanner, Andrew M. & Johnston, Alison L.
- 186-199 Do Democracies Provide Better Education? Revisiting the Democracy–Human Capital Link
by Dahlum, Sirianne & Knutsen, Carl Henrik
- 200-211 Impacts of Migration and Remittances on Ethnic Income Inequality in Rural China
by Howell, Anthony
- 212-231 The Paradox of Plenty: A Meta-Analysis
by Dauvin, Magali & Guerreiro, David
- 232-249 Changes Over Time in Multidimensional Poverty: Methodology and Results for 34 Countries
by Alkire, Sabina & Roche, José Manuel & Vaz, Ana
- 250-267 Formal and Informal Interests of Donors to Allocate Aid: Spending Patterns of USAID, GIZ, and EU Forest Development Policy in Bangladesh
by Rahman, Md Saifur & Giessen, Lukas
- 268-285 Regional Perspectives on the Multidimensional Poverty Index
by Pasha, Atika
- 286-304 The Social Implications of Technology Diffusion: Uncovering the Unintended Consequences of People’s Health-Related Mobile Phone Use in Rural India and China
by Haenssgen, Marco J. & Ariana, Proochista
- 305-320 Grain Price and Volatility Transmission from International to Domestic Markets in Developing Countries
by Ceballos, Francisco & Hernandez, Manuel A. & Minot, Nicholas & Robles, Miguel
- 321-335 Women’s Political Empowerment: A New Global Index, 1900–2012
by Sundström, Aksel & Paxton, Pamela & Wang, Yi-Ting & Lindberg, Staffan I.
- 336-345 Critical Capacity Development: An Action Research Approach in Coastal Brazil
by Bockstael, Erika
- 346-365 Weather Shocks and Agricultural Commercialization in Colonial Tropical Africa: Did Cash Crops Alleviate Social Distress?
by Papaioannou, Kostadis J. & de Haas, Michiel
- 366-374 Least-Developed Countries in a World of Global Value Chains: Are WTO Trade Negotiations Helping?
by Flentø, Daniel & Ponte, Stefano
- 375-392 Characterizing social networks and their effects on income diversification in rural Kerala, India
by Johny, Judit & Wichmann, Bruno & Swallow, Brent M.
- 393-405 Pathways to Better Project Delivery: The Link Between Capacity Factors and Urban Infrastructure Projects in India
by An, Yehyun & Garvin, Michael J. & Hall, Ralph P.
- 406-421 Property Tax Revenues and Multidimensional Poverty Reduction in Colombia: A Spatial Approach
by Ramírez, Juan Mauricio & Díaz, Yadira & Bedoya, Juan Guillermo
- 422-447 Effectiveness of Active Labor Market Tools in Conditional Cash Transfers Programs: Evidence for Argentina
by López Mourelo, Elva & Escudero, Verónica
- 448-464 How Important is Parental Education for Child Nutrition?
by Alderman, Harold & Headey, Derek D.
- 465-477 Modeling Preference and Willingness to Pay for Drought Tolerance (DT) in Maize in Rural Zimbabwe
by Kassie, Girma T. & Abdulai, Awudu & Greene, William H. & Shiferaw, Bekele & Abate, Tsedeke & Tarekegne, Amsal & Sutcliffe, Chloe
- 478-491 Qualitative and Quantitative Evidence on the True Local Welfare Costs of Forest Conservation in Madagascar: Are Discrete Choice Experiments a Valid ex ante Tool?
by Rakotonarivo, O. Sarobidy & Jacobsen, Jette B. & Larsen, Helle O. & Jones, Julia P.G. & Nielsen, Martin R. & Ramamonjisoa, Bruno S. & Mandimbiniaina, Rina H. & Hockley, Neal
- 492-502 Ecological Restoration and Livelihood: Contribution of Planted Mangroves as Nursery and Habitat for Artisanal and Commercial Fishery
by Das, Saudamini
2017, Volume 93, Issue C
- 1-15 Urban Governance and the Politics of Climate change
by Castán Broto, Vanesa
- 16-30 Money Flows, Water Trickles: Understanding Patterns of Decentralized Water Provision in Tanzania
by Carlitz, Ruth D.
- 31-42 Ethnic Integration and Development in China
by Han, Enze & Paik, Christopher
- 43-61 Soil Properties, Crop Yield, and Economics Under Integrated Crop Management Practices in Karnataka, Southern India
by Wani, Suhas P. & Anantha, K.H. & Garg, Kaushal K.
- 62-74 Using National Statistics to Increase Transparency of Large Land Acquisition: Evidence from Ethiopia
by Ali, Daniel Ayalew & Deininger, Klaus & Harris, Anthony
- 75-93 Linking Economic Complexity, Institutions, and Income Inequality
by Hartmann, Dominik & Guevara, Miguel R. & Jara-Figueroa, Cristian & Aristarán, Manuel & Hidalgo, César A.
- 94-107 Enabling Mini-Grid Development in Rural India
by Comello, Stephen D. & Reichelstein, Stefan J. & Sahoo, Anshuman & Schmidt, Tobias S.
- 108-124 Does Local Development Influence Outmigration Decisions? Evidence from Indonesia
by Tiwari, Smriti
- 125-135 Understanding and Resolving Conflict Between Local Communities and Conservation Authorities in Colombia
by De Pourcq, K. & Thomas, E. & Arts, B. & Vranckx, A. & Léon-Sicard, T. & Van Damme, P.
- 136-152 Vulnerability to Cumulative Hazards: Coping with the Coffee Leaf Rust Outbreak, Drought, and Food Insecurity in Nicaragua
by Bacon, Christopher M. & Sundstrom, William A. & Stewart, Iris T. & Beezer, David
- 153-176 Inequality Between and Within Skill Groups: The Curious Case of India
by Goel, Manisha
- 177-192 The Role of Accountants in Indian Self-Help Groups: A Trade-off between Financial and Non-Financial Benefits
by Vandewalle, Lore
- 193-205 Exploring “The Remote” and “The Rural”: Open Defecation and Latrine Use in Uttarakhand, India
by O'Reilly, Kathleen & Dhanju, Richa & Goel, Abhineety
- 206-218 Transforming or Reproducing Conventional Socioeconomic Relations? Introducing a Regulationist Framework for the Assessment of Fairtrade
by Staricco, Juan Ignacio
- 219-235 Oil Palm Adoption, Household Welfare, and Nutrition Among Smallholder Farmers in Indonesia
by Euler, Michael & Krishna, Vijesh & Schwarze, Stefan & Siregar, Hermanto & Qaim, Matin
- 236-248 Fiscal Federalism at Work? Central Responses to Internal Migration in India
by Bhavnani, Rikhil R. & Lacina, Bethany
- 249-259 Improving Population and Poverty Estimates with Citizen Surveys: Evidence from East Africa
by Carr-Hill, Roy
- 260-278 Mind the Gap: Analyzing the Impact of Data Gap in Millennium Development Goals’ (MDGs) Indicators on the Progress toward MDGs
by Jacob, Arun
- 279-292 What Drives China’s New Agricultural Subsidies?
by Lopez, Rigoberto A. & He, Xi & De Falcis, Eleonora
- 293-315 The Importance of Manufacturing in Economic Development: Has This Changed?
by Haraguchi, Nobuya & Cheng, Charles Fang Chin & Smeets, Eveline
- 316-336 Unconditional Cash Transfers in China: Who Benefits from the Rural Minimum Living Standard Guarantee (Dibao) Program?
by Golan, Jennifer & Sicular, Terry & Umapathi, Nithin
- 337-349 Property Rights Regimes and Natural Resources: A Conceptual Analysis Revisited
by Sikor, Thomas & He, Jun & Lestrelin, Guillaume
- 350-361 Social Capital and Its Contingent Value in Poverty Reduction: Evidence from Western China
by Zhang, Yanlong & Zhou, Xiaoyu & Lei, Wei
- 362-373 Borrowing Money, Exchanging Relationships: Making Microfinance Fit into Local Lives in Kumaon, India
by Goodman, Rachael
- 374-388 Biopolitics Gone to Shit? State Narratives versus Everyday Realities of Water and Sanitation in the Mekong Delta
by Kotsila, Panagiota & Saravanan, V. Subramanian
- 389-401 Participatory Uses of Geospatial Technologies to Leverage Multiple Knowledge Systems within Development Contexts: A Case Study from the Peruvian Amazon
by Young, Jason & Gilmore, Michael
- 402-412 Who are the World’s Food Insecure? New Evidence from the Food and Agriculture Organization’s Food Insecurity Experience Scale
by Smith, Michael D. & Rabbitt, Matthew P. & Coleman- Jensen, Alisha
- 413-426 Escaping and Falling into Poverty in India Today
by Thorat, Amit & Vanneman, Reeve & Desai, Sonalde & Dubey, Amaresh
- 427-446 The Impact of Payments for Environmental Services on Communal Lands: An Analysis of the Factors Driving Household Land-Use Behavior in Ecuador
by Hayes, Tanya & Murtinho, Felipe & Wolff, Hendrik
- 447-459 When Does Economic Growth Improve Life Satisfaction? Multilevel Analysis of the Roles of Social Trust and Income Inequality in 46 Countries, 1981–2012
by Mikucka, Malgorzata & Sarracino, Francesco & Dubrow, Joshua K.
2017, Volume 92, Issue C
- 1-12 The Tragedy of the Grabbed Commons: Coercion and Dispossession in the Global Land Rush
by Dell’Angelo, Jampel & D’Odorico, Paolo & Rulli, Maria Cristina & Marchand, Philippe
- 13-27 Why Have Improved Cook-Stove Initiatives in India Failed?
by Khandelwal, Meena & Hill, Matthew E. & Greenough, Paul & Anthony, Jerry & Quill, Misha & Linderman, Marc & Udaykumar, H.S.
- 28-39 Citizens’ Preferences and the Portfolio of Public Goods: Evidence from Nigeria
by Bunte, Jonas B. & Kim, Alisha A.
- 40-59 Temporary Jobs, Institutions, and Wage Inequality within Education Groups in Central-Eastern Europe
by Perugini, Cristiano & Pompei, Fabrizio
- 60-81 What Constrains Financial Inclusion for Women? Evidence from Indian Micro data
by Ghosh, Saibal & Vinod, D.
- 82-102 What has Driven Deforestation in Developing Countries Since the 2000s? Evidence from New Remote-Sensing Data
by Leblois, Antoine & Damette, Olivier & Wolfersberger, Julien
- 103-116 Learning from Success: How Rwanda Achieved the Millennium Development Goals for Health
by Abbott, Pamela & Sapsford, Roger & Binagwaho, Agnes
- 117-129 Farm Decision Making and Gender: Results from a Randomized Experiment in Ecuador
by Alwang, Jeffrey & Larochelle, Catherine & Barrera, Victor
- 130-142 Can Rights of Nature Make Development More Sustainable? Why Some Ecuadorian lawsuits Succeed and Others Fail
by Kauffman, Craig M. & Martin, Pamela L.
- 143-157 Missing(ness) in Action: Selectivity Bias in GPS-Based Land Area Measurements
by Kilic, Talip & Zezza, Alberto & Carletto, Calogero & Savastano, Sara
- 158-166 Coffee Certification and Forest Quality: Evidence from a Wild Coffee Forest in Ethiopia
by Takahashi, Ryo & Todo, Yasuyuki
- 167-176 The Legal Environment and Incentives for Change in Property Rights Institutions
by Hamilton-Hart, Natasha
- 177-191 How Does Gender Affect Sustainable Intensification of Cereal Production in the West African Sahel? Evidence from Burkina Faso
by Theriault, Veronique & Smale, Melinda & Haider, Hamza
- 192-202 The Role of Microfinance in Household Livelihood Adaptation in Satkhira District, Southwest Bangladesh
by Fenton, Adrian & Paavola, Jouni & Tallontire, Anne
- 203-214 Local Politics of Forest Governance: Why NGO Support Can Reduce Local Government Responsiveness
by Cook, Nathan J. & Wright, Glenn D. & Andersson, Krister P.
- 215-224 The World Bank Improving Environmental and Natural Resource Policies: Power, Deregulation, and Privatization in (Post-Soviet) Armenia
by Burns, Sarah L. & Krott, Max & Sayadyan, Hovik & Giessen, Lukas
- 225-241 Water Governance—An Historical Perspective on Current Debates
by Woodhouse, P. & Muller, M.
- 242-252 The Rush for Land in an Urbanizing World: From Land Grabbing Toward Developing Safe, Resilient, and Sustainable Cities and Landscapes
by Zoomers, Annelies & van Noorloos, Femke & Otsuki, Kei & Steel, Griet & van Westen, Guus
2017, Volume 91, Issue C
- 1-10 The Impact of Growth in Small Commercial Farm Productivity on Rural Poverty Reduction
by Mellor, John W. & Malik, Sohail J.
- 11-27 How Large Are Global Fossil Fuel Subsidies?
by Coady, David & Parry, Ian & Sears, Louis & Shang, Baoping
- 28-52 Community-Driven Development and Social Capital: Evidence from Morocco
by Nguyen, Tu Chi & Rieger, Matthias
- 53-69 Who Governs Socially-Oriented Voluntary Sustainability Standards? Not the Producers of Certified Products
by Bennett, Elizabeth A.
- 70-83 The Importance of Interplay Between Leadership and Social Capital in Shaping Outcomes of Rights-Based Fisheries Governance
by Crona, Beatrice & Gelcich, Stefan & Bodin, Örjan
- 84-99 Spice Price Spikes: Simulating Impacts of Saffron Price Volatility in a Gendered Local Economy-Wide Model
by Filipski, Mateusz & Aboudrare, Abdellah & Lybbert, Travis J. & Taylor, J. Edward
- 100-112 Reclaiming the Authority to Plan: How the Legacy of Structural Adjustment Affected Bolivia’s Effort to Recentralize Nutrition Planning
by Hoey, Lesli
- 113-124 Implications of Non-Farm Work to Vulnerability to Food Poverty-Recent Evidence From Northern Ghana
by Zereyesus, Yacob A. & Embaye, Weldensie T. & Tsiboe, Francis & Amanor-Boadu, Vincent
- 125-143 Evaluating the Performance of Alternative Municipal Water Tariff Designs: Quantifying the Tradeoffs between Equity, Economic Efficiency, and Cost Recovery
by Nauges, Celine & Whittington, Dale
- 144-155 The Consequences of Child Market Work on the Growth of Human Capital
by Sim, Armand & Suryadarma, Daniel & Suryahadi, Asep
- 156-172 Rainfall Shocks and the Gender Wage Gap: Evidence from Indian Agriculture
by Mahajan, Kanika
- 173-192 Intergenerational Education Effects of Early Marriage in Sub-Saharan Africa
by Delprato, Marcos & Akyeampong, Kwame & Dunne, Máiréad
- 193-207 Food Riots and Protest: Agrarian Modernizations and Structural Crises
by Bush, Ray & Martiniello, Giuliano
2017, Volume 90, Issue C
- 1-5 Reforming Performance-Based Aid Allocation Practice
by McGillivray, Mark & Pham, Thi Kim Cuong
- 6-16 Does Aid Availability Affect Effectiveness in Reducing Poverty? A Review Article
by Bourguignon, François & Platteau, Jean-Philippe
- 17-26 Performance Assessment, Vulnerability, Human Capital, and the Allocation of Aid Among Developing Countries
by Guillaumont, Patrick & McGillivray, Mark & Wagner, Laurent
- 27-40 How to Take into Account Vulnerability in Aid Allocation Criteria and Lack of Human Capital as Well: Improving the Performance Based Allocation
by Guillaumont, Patrick & Guillaumont Jeanneney, Sylviane & Wagner, Laurent
- 41-62 Women, Weather, and Woes: The Triangular Dynamics of Female-Headed Households, Economic Vulnerability, and Climate Variability in South Africa
by Flatø, Martin & Muttarak, Raya & Pelser, André
- 63-76 Positioning Missionaries in Development Studies, Policy, and Practice
by Smith, Jonathan D.
- 77-88 Can Agricultural Traders be Trusted? Evidence from Coffee in Ethiopia
by Minten, Bart & Assefa, Thomas & Hirvonen, Kalle
- 89-103 Taxing the unobservable: The impact of the shadow economy on inflation and taxation
by Mazhar, Ummad & Méon, Pierre-Guillaume
- 104-114 The Impact of Foreign Aid Allocation on Access to Social Services in sub-Saharan Africa: The Case of Water and Sanitation
by Ndikumana, Léonce & Pickbourn, Lynda
- 115-127 How Does Corruption Affect Public Debt? An Empirical Analysis
by Cooray, Arusha & Dzhumashev, Ratbek & Schneider, Friedrich
- 128-146 How the New International Goal for Child Mortality is Unfair to Sub-Saharan Africa (Again)
by Lange, Simon & Klasen, Stephan
- 147-168 Looking at Pro-Poor Growth from an Agricultural Perspective
by Klasen, Stephan & Reimers, Malte
- 169-183 Husband and Wife Perspectives on Farm Household Decision-making Authority and Evidence on Intra-household Accord in Rural Tanzania
by Anderson, C. Leigh & Reynolds, Travis W. & Gugerty, Mary Kay
- 184-198 Water, Law, and Development in Chile/California Cooperation, 1960–70s
by Bauer, Carl & Catalán, Luis
- 199-212 Imagined Statehood: Wartime Rebel Governance and Post-war Subnational Identity in Sri Lanka
by Kubota, Yuichi
- 213-228 Unpacking the Effect of Decentralized Governance on Routine Violence: Lessons from Indonesia
by Pierskalla, Jan H. & Sacks, Audrey
- 229-241 Market Access, Well-being, and Nutrition: Evidence from Ethiopia
by Stifel, David & Minten, Bart
- 242-255 Did FDI Really Cause Chinese Economic Growth? A Meta-Analysis
by Gunby, Philip & Jin, Yinghua & Robert Reed, W.
- 269-280 Colonial Revenue Extraction and Modern Day Government Quality in the British Empire
by Broms, Rasmus
- 281-293 New Estimates on Educational Attainment Using a Continuous Approach (1970–2010)
by Jordá, Vanesa & Alonso, José M.
- 294-310 Large-Scale Agricultural Investments and Smallholder Welfare: A Comparison of Wage Labor and Outgrower Channels in Tanzania
by Herrmann, Raoul T.
- 311-328 Female-Headed Households and Living Conditions in Latin America
by Liu, Chia & Esteve, Albert & Treviño, Rocío