Assets and Poverty Traps in Rural Bangladesh
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Naved, Ruchira Tabassum, 2000. "Intrahousehold impact of the transfer of modern agricultural technology," FCND discussion papers 85, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Kraay, Aart & Raddatz, Claudio, 2007. "Poverty traps, aid, and growth," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 82(2), pages 315-347, March.
- Hansen, Bruce E., 1999.
"Threshold effects in non-dynamic panels: Estimation, testing, and inference,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 93(2), pages 345-368, December.
- Bruce E. Hansen, 1997. "Threshold effects in non-dynamic panels: Estimation, testing and inference," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 365, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Kanbur, Ravi & Venables, Anthony J. (ed.), 2005. "Spatial Inequality and Development," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199278633.
- Rania Antonopoulos & Maria Sagrario Floro, 2005. "Asset Ownership along Gender Lines: Evidence from Thailand," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_418, Levy Economics Institute.
- Elizabeth Frankenberg & James P. Smith & Duncan Thomas, 2003. "Economic Shocks, Wealth, and Welfare," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 38(2).
- Naved, Ruchira Tabassum, 2000. "Intrahousehold impact of the transfer of modern agricultural technology," FCND briefs 85, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Carter, Michael R. & Little, Peter D. & Mogues, Tewodaj & Negatu, Workneh, 2007. "Poverty Traps and Natural Disasters in Ethiopia and Honduras," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 835-856, May.
- Travis J. Lybbert & Christopher B. Barrett & Solomon Desta & D. Layne Coppock, 2004.
"Stochastic wealth dynamics and risk management among a poor population,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 114(498), pages 750-777, October.
- Lybbert, Travis J. & Barrett, Christopher B. & Desta, Solomon & Coppock, D. Layne, 2002. "Stochastic Wealth Dynamics And Risk Management Among A Poor Population," Working Papers 14736, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Peter Davis, 2007. "Discussions Among the Poor: Exploring Poverty Dynamics With Focus Groups in Bangladesh," Working Papers id:1106, eSocialSciences.
- Michelle Adato & Michael Carter & Julian May, 2006. "Exploring poverty traps and social exclusion in South Africa using qualitative and quantitative data," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(2), pages 226-247.
- Agnes R. Quisumbing & John A. Maluccio, 2003. "Resources at Marriage and Intrahousehold Allocation: Evidence from Bangladesh, Ethiopia, Indonesia, and South Africa," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 65(3), pages 283-327, July.
- Kanbur, Ravi & Venables, Anthony J., 2005.
"SPATIAL INEQUALITY AND DEVELOPMENT Overview of UNU-WIDER Project,"
127127, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Ravi Kanbur, 2005. "Spatial Inequality and Development: Overview of UNU-WIDER Project," Working Papers id:215, eSocialSciences.
- Christopher B. Barrett, 2005.
"Rural poverty dynamics: development policy implications,"
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 32(s1), pages 45-60, January.
- Barrett, Christopher B., 2003. "Rural Poverty Dynamics: Development Policy Implications," Working Papers 127243, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Barrett, Christopher B., 2003. "Rural Poverty Dynamics: Development Policy Implications," 2003 Annual Meeting, August 16-22, 2003, Durban, South Africa: Plenary Sessions 245921, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Lokshin Michael & Ravallion Martin, 2004. "Household Income Dynamics in Two Transition Economies," Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 8(3), pages 1-33, September.
- Christopher Barrett & Paswel Phiri Marenya & John Mcpeak & Bart Minten & Festus Murithi & Willis Oluoch-Kosura & Frank Place & Jean Claude Randrianarisoa & Jhon Rasambainarivo & Justine Wangila, 2006. "Welfare dynamics in rural Kenya and Madagascar," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(2), pages 248-277.
- Ravi Kanbur & Tony Venables, 2005. "Introduction: Spatial inequality and development," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 5(1), pages 1-2, January.
- Ahmed, Akhter U. & Arends-Kuenning, Mary, 2006. "Do crowded classrooms crowd out learning? Evidence from the food for education program in Bangladesh," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 665-684, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Arunachalam, Raj & Shenoy, Ajay, 2017. "Poverty traps, convergence, and the dynamics of household income," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 126(C), pages 215-230.
- You, Jing, 2014. "Risk, under-investment in agricultural assets and dynamic asset poverty in rural China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 27-45.
- Mburu, Samuel & Kaiser, Micha & Sousa-Poza, Alfonso, 2017. "Livestock asset dynamics among pastoralists in Northern Kenya," Hohenheim Discussion Papers in Business, Economics and Social Sciences 25-2017, University of Hohenheim, Faculty of Business, Economics and Social Sciences.
More about this item
KeywordsAsset dynamics; poverty traps; Bangladesh; land; non land asests; stock; non-parametric; parametric methods; longitudinal survey; Rural Bangladesh; Bangladesh; asset;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2009-08-16 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2009-08-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-CWA-2009-08-16 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-DEV-2009-08-16 (Development)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ess:wpaper:id:2158. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash). General contact details of provider: http://www.esocialsciences.org .