Agricultural development and pro-poor economic growth in sub-Saharan Africa: potential and policy
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Kydd, Jonathan & Dorward, Andrew & Morrison, Jamie & Cadisch, Georg, 2002. "Agricultural Development And Pro Poor Economic Growth In Sub Saharan Africa: Potential And Policy," ADU Working Papers 10920, Imperial College at Wye, Department of Agricultural Sciences.
References listed on IDEAS
- Dasgupta, Partha, 1998. " The Economics of Poverty in Poor Countries," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 100(1), pages 41-68, March.
- Frank Ellis, 2000. "The Determinants of Rural Livelihood Diversification in Developing Countries," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 51(2), pages 289-302.
- Dorward, Andrew & Kydd, Jonathan & Morrison, Jamie & Urey, Ian, 2004. "A Policy Agenda for Pro-Poor Agricultural Growth," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 73-89, January.
- Larson, Bruce A. & Frisvold, George B., 1996. "Fertilizers to support agricultural development in sub-Saharan Africa: what is needed and why," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 21(6), pages 509-525, December.
- Jayne, Thomas S. & Shaffer, James D. & Staatz, John M. & Reardon, Thomas, 1997. "Improving the Impact of Market Reform on Agricultural Productivity in Africa: How Institutional Design Makes a Difference," Food Security International Development Working Papers 54684, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Ellis, Frank, 2000. "Rural Livelihoods and Diversity in Developing Countries," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198296966.
- Naseem, Anwar & Kelly, Valerie A., 1999. "Macro Trends and Determinates of Fertilizer Use in Sub-Saharan Africa," Food Security International Development Working Papers 54671, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Delgado, Christopher L. & Hopkins, Jane & Kelly , Valerie & Hazell, P. B. R. & McKenna, Anna A. & Gruhn, Peter & Hojjati, Behjat & Sil, Jayashree & Courbois, Claude, 1998. "Agricultural growth linkages in Sub-Saharan Africa:," Research reports 107, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Ravallion, Martin, 1998. "Does aggregation hide the harmful effects of inequality on growth?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 73-77, October.
- Thomas Reardon & J. Edward Taylor & Kostas Stamoulis & Peter Lanjouw & Arsenio Balisacan, 2000. "Effects of Non-Farm Employment on Rural Income Inequality in Developing Countries: An Investment Perspective," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 51(2), pages 266-288.
- Partha Dasgupta, 1998. "The Economics of Poverty in Poor Countries," STICERD - Development Economics Papers - From 2008 this series has been superseded by Economic Organisation and Public Policy Discussion Papers 09, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Somlanare Romuald KINDA & Félix BADOLO, 2014.
"Climatic Variability and Food Security in Developing Countries,"
- Félix Badolo & Somlanaré Romuald Kinda, 2015. "Climatic Variability and Food Security in Developing Countries," Working Papers halshs-00939247, HAL.
- Kinda Somlanare Romuald, 2017. "Working Paper 286 - Climatic Shocks and Food Security The Role of Foreign Aid," Working Paper Series 2408, African Development Bank.
- Rainer Klump & César Miralles Cabrera, 2008. "Biased Technological Change in Agriculture: The Hayami-Ruttan Hypothesis Revisited," DEGIT Conference Papers c013_016, DEGIT, Dynamics, Economic Growth, and International Trade.
- Christian K.M. Kingombe, 2012. "The Linkage between Outcome Differences in Cotton Production and Rural Roads Improvements - A Matching Approach," IHEID Working Papers 12-2012, Economics Section, The Graduate Institute of International Studies.
- Farrow, Andrew & Risinamhodzi, Kumbirai & Zingore, Shamie & Delve, Robert J., 2011. "Spatially targeting the distribution of agricultural input stockists in Malawi," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 104(9), pages 694-702.
- Romero, Cristina & Wollni, Meike, 2015. "Supplier dynamics in horticultural export chains – Evidence from Ecuador. Revised version," Discussion Papers 209961, Georg-August-Universitaet Goettingen, GlobalFood, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development.
- Catherine Boone, 2017. "Legal empowerment of the poor through property rights reform: Tensions and trade-offs of land registration and titling in sub-Saharan Africa," WIDER Working Paper Series 037, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Kelly, Valerie A., 2005. "Farmers' Demand for Fertilizer in Sub-Saharan Africa," Staff Papers 11612, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Christian K.M. Kingombe & Salvatore di Falco, 2012. "The Impact of a Feeder Road Project on Cash Crop Production in Zambia’s Eastern Province between 1997 and 2002, Labour Market and Fiscal Policy," IHEID Working Papers 04-2012, Economics Section, The Graduate Institute of International Studies, revised 28 Feb 2012.
- Jorg Mayer & Pilar Fajarnes, 2008.
"Tripling Africa's Primary Exports: What, How, Where?,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(1), pages 80-102.
- Jörg Mayer & Pilar Fajarnes, 2005. "Tripling Africa´S Primary Exports: What? How? Where?," UNCTAD Discussion Papers 180, United Nations Conference on Trade and Development.
- Wambugu, Stella N. & Okello, Julius Juma & Nyikal, Rose Adhiambo & Bekele, Shiferaw, 2009. "Effect of Social Capital on Performance of Smallholder Producer Organizations: The Case of Groundnut Growers in Western Kenya," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 51466, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Nin Pratt, Alejandro & Diao, Xinshen, 2008.
"Exploring Growth Linkages and Market Opportunities for Agriculture in Southern Africa,"
Journal of Economic Integration,
Center for Economic Integration, Sejong University, vol. 23, pages 104-137.
- Nin Pratt, Alejandro & Diao, Xinshen, 2006. "Exporing growth linkages and market opportunities for agriculture in Southern Africa:," DSGD discussion papers 42, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Somlanare Romuald Kinda, 2016. "Climatic shocks and food security: The role of foreign aid," Working Papers hal-01260846, HAL.
- Kelly, Valerie & Adesina, Akinwumi A. & Gordon, Ann, 2003. "Expanding access to agricultural inputs in Africa: a review of recent market development experience," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 379-404, August.
- Badolo, Felix & Kinda, Somlanare Romuald, 2012. "Climatic shocks and food security in developing countries," MPRA Paper 43006, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Conceição, Pedro & Levine, Sebastian & Lipton, Michael & Warren-Rodríguez, Alex, 2016. "Toward a food secure future: Ensuring food security for sustainable human development in Sub-Saharan Africa," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 1-9.
- Madan M. Dey & Ferdinand J. Paraguas & Patrick Kambewa & Diemuth E. Pemsl, 2010. "The impact of integrated aquaculture-agriculture on small-scale farms in Southern Malawi," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 41(1), pages 67-79, January.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:oxdevs:v:32:y:2004:i:1:p:37-57. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/CODS20 .