Contact information of International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI)
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help
correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fpr:resrep. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ifprius.html .
- 978-0-89629-788-3 A new era of transformation in Ghana: Lessons from the past and scenarios for the future
by Breisinger, Clemens & Diao, Xinshen & Kolavalli, Shashidhara & Al Hassan, Ramatu & Thurlow, James
- alejandronin-pratt Yield gaps and potential agricultural growth in West and Central Africa:
by Nin-Pratt, Alejandro & Johnson, Michael & Magalhaes, Eduardo & You, Liangzhi & Diao, Xinshen & Chamberlin, Jordan
- andrewdillon Estimating the impact of access to infrastructure and extension services in rural Nepal:
by Dillon, Andrew & Sharma, Manohar & Zhang, Xiaobo
- reginabirner The political economy of agricultural policy reform in India: Fertilizers and electricity for irrigation
by Birner, Regina & Gupta, Surupa & Sharma, Neeru
- jamesgarrett Working multisectorally in nutrition: Principles, practices, and case studies
by Garrett, James, ed. & Natalicchio, Marcela, ed.
- ruthmeinzen-dick Engendering agricultural research, development, and extension:
by Meinzen-Dick, Ruth & Quisumbing, Agnes & Behrman, Julia & Biermayr-Jenzano, Patricia & Wilde, Vicki & Noordeloos, Marco & Ragasa, Catherine & Beintema, Nienke
- samuelbenin Impact of Uganda's National Agricultural Advisory Services program:
by Benin, Samuel & Nkonya, Ephraim & Okecho, Geresom & Randriamamonjy, Josée & Kato, Edward & Lubadde, Geofrey & Kyotalimye, Miriam & Byekwaso, Francis
- 165 Reflections on the global food crisis: How did it happen? How has it hurt? And how can we prevent the next one?
by Headey, Derek & Fan, Shenggen
- 164 Cooperatives for staple crop marketing: Evidence from Ethiopia
by Bernard, Tanguy & Spielman, David J. & Seyoum Taffesse, Alemayehu & Gabre-Madhin, Eleni Z.
- Ephraim Nkonya, et al. From the ground up: Impacts of a pro-poor community-driven development project in Nigeria
by Nkonya, Ephraim & Phillip, Dayo & Mogues, Tewodaj & Pender, John & Kato, Edward
- Futoshi Yamauchi, et al. Human capital formation: History, expectations, and challenges in South Africa
by Yamauchi, Futoshi
- Nicholas Minot, et al. Trade liberalization and poverty in the Middle East and North Africa:
by Minot, Nicholas & Chemingui, Mohamed Abdelbasset & Thomas, Marcelle & Dewina, Reno & Orden, David
- Gerald C. Nelson, et al. Food security, farming, and climate change to 2050: Scenarios, results, policy options
by Nelson, Gerald C. & Rosegrant, Mark W. & Palazzo, Amanda & Gray, Ian & Ingersoll, Christina & Robertson, Richard & Tokgoz, Simla & Zhu, Tingju & Sulser, Timothy B. & Ringler, Claudia & Msangi, Siwa & You, Liangzhi
- 163 Comparing Food and Cash Transfers to the Ultra-Poor in Bangladesh
by Ahmed, Akhter U. & Quisumbing, Agnes R. & Nasreen, Mahbuba & Hoddinott, John F. & Bryan, Elizabeth
- 162 Successful organizational learning in the management of agricultural research and innovation: The Mexican produce foundations
by Ekboir, Javier M. & Dutrénit, Gabriela & Martínez V., Griselda & Vargas, Arturo Torres & Vera-Cruz, Alexandre O.
- 160 The bang for the birr: Public expenditures and rural welfare in Ethiopia
by Mogues, Tewodaj & Ayele, Gezahegn & Paulos, Zelekawork
- 159 Linkages between land management, land degradation, and poverty in Sub-Saharan Africa: The case of Uganda
by Nkonya, Ephraim & Pender, John & Kaizzi, Kayuki C. & Kato, Edward & Mugarura, Samuel & Ssali, Henry & Muwonge, James
- 158 Pakistan's cotton and textile economy: Intersectoral linkages and effects on rural and urban poverty
by Cororaton, Caesar B. & Orden, David
- 157 Determinants and implications of the growing scale of livestock farms in four fast-growing developing countries:
by Delgado, Christopher L. & Narrod, Clare A. & Tiongco, Marites M. & Barros, Geraldo Sant'Ana de Camargo & Catelo, Maria Angeles & Costales, Achilles & Mehta, Rajesh & Naranong, Viroj & Poapongsakorn, Nipon & Sharma, Vijay Paul & de Zen, Sergio
- 156 Improving nutrition as a development priority: Addressing undernutrition in national policy processes in Sub-Saharan Africa
by Benson, Todd
- 155 An economic assessment of banana genetic improvement and innovation in the Lake Victoria Region of Uganda and Tanzania:
by Smale, Melinda & Tushemereirwe, Wilbeforce K.
- 154 Market opportunities for African agriculture: A General Equilibrium examination of demand-side constraints on agricultural growth in East and Southern Africa
by Diao, Xinshen & Dorosh, Paul A. & Rahman, Shaikh Mahfuzur
- 153 The role of agriculture in development: Implications for Sub-Saharan Africa
by Diao, Xinshen & Hazell, P.B.R. & Resnick, Danielle & Thurlow, James
- 152 Agricultural producer support estimates for developing countries: Measurement issues and evidence from India, Indonesia, China, and Vietnam
by Orden, David & Cheng, Fuzhi & Nguyen, Hoa & Grote, Ulrike & Thomas, Marcelle & Mullen, Kathleen & Sun, Dongsheng
- 151 Scale and access issues affecting smallholder hog producers in an expanding peri-urban market: Southern Luzon, Philippines
by Costales, Achilles & Delgado, Christopher L. & Catelo, Maria Angeles & Lapar, Ma. Lucila & Tiongco, Marites & Ehui, Simeon K. & Bautista, Anne Zillah
- 147SP Políticas de desarrollo rural y uso sostenible de la tierra en las zonas de ladera de Honduras: Un enfoque cuantitativo de los medios de vida
by Jansen, Hans G. P. & Pender, John L. & Damon, Amy & Schipper, Robert A.
- 150 Strategic priorities for agricultural development in Eastern and Central Africa:
by Omamo, Steven Were & Diao, Xinshen & Wood, Stanley & Chamberlin, Jordan & You, Liangzhi & Benin, Samuel & Wood-Sichra, Ulrike & Tatwangire, Alex
- 149 Modeling water resources management at the basin level: methodology and application to the Maipo River Basin
by Cai, Ximing & Ringler, Claudia & Rosegrant, Mark W.
- 148 Poverty and inequality in Vietnam: spatial patterns and geographic determinants
by Minot, Nicholas & Baulch, Bob & Epperecht, Michael
- 147 Rural development policies and sustainable land use in the hillside areas of Honduras: a quantitative livelihoods approach
by Jansen, Hans G. P. & Pender, John L. & Damon, Amy & Schipper, Rob
- 146 Food insecurity in Sub-Saharan Africa: new estimates from household expenditure surveys
by Smith, Lisa C. & Alderman, Harold & Aduayom, Dede
- 145 Income diversification and poverty in the Northern Uplands of Vietnam:
by Minot, Nicholas & Epprecht, Michael & Anh, Tran Thi Tram & Trung, Le Quang
- 144 The Guatemala Community Day Care Program: an example of effective urban programming
by Ruel, Marie T. & Quisumbing, Agnes R. & Hallman, Kelly & de la Brière, Bénédicte & de Salazar, Nora Coj
- 143 Power, politics, and performance: community participation in South African public works programs
by Adato, Michelle & Hoddinott, John & Haddad, Lawrence James
- 142 The impact of agroforestry-based soil fertility replenishment practices on the poor in Western Kenya:
by Place, Frank & Adato, Michelle & Hebinck, Paul & Omosa, Mary
- 141 Impact evaluation of a conditional cash transfer program: the Nicaraguan Red de Protección Social
by Maluccio, John A. & Flores, Rafael
- 140 Policy analysis for sustainable land management and food security in Ethiopia: a bioeconomic model with market imperfections
by Holden, Stein & Shiferaw, Bekele & Pender, John
- 139 PROGRESA and its impacts on the welfare of rural households in Mexico:
by Skoufias, Emmanuel
- 138 Road development, economic growth, and poverty reduction in China:
by Fan, Shenggen & Chan-Kang, Connie
- 137 Evaluating targeted cash transfer programs: a general equilibrium framework with an application to Mexico
by Coady, David & Harris, Rebecca Lee
- 136 Assessing and attributing the benefits from varietal improvement research in Brazil:
by Pardey, Philip G. & Alston, Julian M. & Chan-Kang, Connie & Magalhaes, Eduardo C. & Vosti, Stephen A.
- 135 Managing resources in erratic environments: an analysis of pastoralist systems in Ethiopia, Niger, and Burkina Faso
by McCarthy, Nancy & Dutilly-Diane, Celine & Drabo, Boureima & Kamara, Abdul & Vanderlinden, Jean-Paul
- 134 Human capital, household welfare, and children's schooling in Mozambique:
by Handa, Sudhanshu & Simler, Kenneth R. & Harrower, Sarah
- 133 Strategies for sustainable land management and poverty reduction in Uganda:
by Nkonya, Ephraim M. & Pender, John L. & Jagger, Pamela & Sserunkuuma, Dick & Kaizzi, Crammer & Ssali, Henry
- 130 Agricultural intensification by smallholders in the Western Brazilian Amazon: from deforestation to sustainable land use
by Vosti, Stephen A. & Witcover, Julie & Carpentier, Chantal Line
- 129 Balancing agricultural development and deforestation in the Brazilian Amazon:
by Cattaneo, Andrea
- 128 Macroeconomic policy reforms and agriculture: towards equitable growth in Zimbabwe
by Bautista, Romeo M. & Thomas, Marcelle & Muir-Leresche, Kay & Lofgren, Hans
- 127 Watershed development projects in India: an evaluation
by Kerr, John
- 126 Facing the development challenge in Mozambique: an economywide perspective
by Tarp, Finn & Arndt, Channing & Jensen, Henning Tarp & Robinson, Sherman & Heltberg, Rasmus
- 125 Growth, inequality, and poverty in rural China: the role of public investments
by Fan, Shenggen & Zhang, Linxiu & Zhang, Xiaobo
- 124 Market institutions, transaction costs, and social capital in the Ethiopian grain market:
by Gabre-Madhin, Eleni Z.
- 123 Natural resource management in the hillsides of Honduras: bioeconomic modeling at the micro-watershed level
by Barbier, Bruno & Bergeron, Gilles
- 122 The 1998 floods in Bangladesh: disaster impacts, household coping strategies, and responses
by del Ninno, Carlo & Dorosh, Paul A. & Smith, Lisa C. & Roy, Dilip K.
- 121 Land, trees, and women: evolution of land tenure institutions in Western Ghana and Sumatra
by Quisumbing, Agnes R. & Otsuka, Keijiro
- 120 Group-based financial institutions for the rural poor in Bangladesh: an institutional- and household-level analysis
by Zeller, Manfred & Sharma, Manohar & Ahmed, Akhter U. & Rashid, Shahidur
- 119 The Egyptian food subsidy system: structure, performance, and options for reform
by Ahmed, Akhter U. & Gutner, Tamar & Lofgren, Hans & Bouis, Howarth E.
- 118 Seasonal undernutrition in rural Ethiopia:
by Ferro-Luzzi, Anna & Morris, Saul S. & Taffesse, Samson & Demissie, Tsegaye & D'Amato, Maurizio
- 117 Structural adjustment and intersectoral shifts in Tanzania:
by Wobst, Peter
- 116 Access to credit and its impact on welfare in Malawi:
by Diagne, Aliou & Zeller, Manfred
- 115 Wheat policy reform in Egypt: adjustment of local markets and options for future reforms
by Kherallah, Mylene & Lofgren, Hans & Gruhn, Peter & Reeder, Meyra M.
- 114 Rice market liberalization and poverty in Viet Nam:
by Minot, Nicholas & Goletti, Francesco
- 113 A meta-analysis of rates of return to agricultural R & D: ex pede Herculem?
by Alston, Julian M. & Wyatt, T. J. & Pardey, Philip G. & Marra, Michele C. & Chan-Kang, Connie
- 112 Urban livelihoods and food and nutrition security in Greater Accra, Ghana:
by Maxwell, Daniel G. & Levin, Carol E. & Armar-Klemesu, Margaret & Ruel, Marie T. & Morris, Saul Sutkover & Ahiadeke, Clement
- 111 Explaining child malnutrition in developing countries: a cross-country analysis
by Smith, Lisa C. & Haddad, Lawrence James
- 108 Gender equality and investments in adolescents in the rural Philippines:
by Bouis, Howarth E. & Palabrica-Costello, Marilou & Solon, Orville & Westbrook, M. Daniel & Limbo, Azucena B.
- 107 Agricultural growth linkages in Sub-Saharan Africa:
by Delgado, Christopher L. & Hopkins, Jane & Kelly , Valerie & Hazell, P. B. R. & McKenna, Anna A. & Gruhn, Peter & Hojjati, Behjat & Sil, Jayashree & Courbois, Claude
- 96 Poverty, household food security, and nutrition in rural Pakistan:
by Alderman, Harold & Garcia, Marito
- 95 Sectoral growth in Chile: 1962-82
by Coeymans, Juan Eduardo & Mundlak, Yair
- 94 Fertilizer use on smallholder farms in Eastern Province, Zambia:
by Jha, D. (Dayanatha) & Hojjati, Behjat
- 93 Economic incentives and comparative advantage in Indonesian food crop production:
by Gonzales, Leonardo A. & Kasryno, Faisal & Perez, Nicostrato D. & Rosegrant, Mark W.
- 89 Growth in Japan's horticultural trade with developing countries: an economic analysis of the market
by Honma, Masayoshi
- 88 Drought and famine relationships in Sudan: policy implications
by Teklu, Tesfaye & von Braun, Joachim & Zaki, Elsayed & Ali, Ahmed
- 87 Incentives and constraints in the transformation of Punjab agriculture:
by McGuirk, Anya & Mundlak, Yair
- 86 The effects of international remittances on poverty, inequality, and development in rural Egypt:
by Adams, Richard H., Jr.
- 85 Commercialization of agriculture under population pressure: effects on production, and nutrition in Rwanda
by von Braun, Joachim & Haen, Hartwig de & Blanken, Juergen
- 84 Effects of exchange rate and trade policies on agriculture in Pakistan:
by Dorosh, Paul & Valdés, Alberto
- 83 Developmental impact of rural infrastructure in Bangladesh:
by Ahmed, Raisuddin & Hossain, Mahabub
- 82 Agricultural growth and structural changes in the Punjab economy: an input-output analysis
by Bhalla, G. S. & Chadha, G. K. & Kashyap, S. P. & Sharma, R. K.
- 81 Production and consumption of foodgrains in India: implications of accelerated economic growth and poverty alleviation
by Sarma, J. S. & Gandhi, Vasant P.
- 80 Horticultural exports of developing countries: past performances, future prospects, and policy issues
by Islam, Nurul
- 79 Effects of agricultural commercialization on land tenure, household resource allocation, and nutrition in the Philippines:
by Bouis, Howarth E. & Haddad, Lawrence James
- 78 The effects of sugarcane production on food security, health, and nutrition in Kenya: a longitudinal analysis
by Kennedy, Eileen T.
- 76 Agriculture and economic growth in Argentina, 1913-84:
by Mundlak, Yair & Cavallo, Domingo & Domenech, Roberto
- 76 Agriculture and economic growth in Argentina, 1913-84: supplement
by Mundlak, Yair & Cavallo, Domingo & Domenech, Roberto
- 75 Irrigation technology and commercialization of rice in the Gambia: effects on income and nutrition
by von Braun, Joachim & Puetz, Detlev & Webb, Patrick
- 74 Food production in a land-surplus, labor-scarce economy: the Zairian Basin
by Tshibaka, Tshikala B.
- 73 Nontraditional export crops in Guatemala: effects on production, consumption, and nutrition
by von Braun, Joachim & Hotchkiss, David & Immink, Maarten D. C.
- 72 Rice price fluctuation and an approach to price stabilization in Bangladesh:
by Ahmed, Raisuddin & Bernard, Andrew
- 71 Storage, trade, and price policy under production instability: maize in Kenya
by Pinckney, Thomas C.
- 70 Agriculture in the GATT: an analysis of alternative approaches to reform
by Zietz, Joachim A. & Valdés, Alberto
- 69 Consequences of deforestation for women's time allocation, agricultural production, and nutrition in hill areas of Nepal:
by Kumar, Shubh K. & Hotchkiss, David
- 68 Coffee boom, government expenditure, and agricultural prices: the Colombian experience
by García García, Jorge & Montes Llamas, Gabriel
- 67 Nature and impact of the Green Revolution in Bangladesh:
by Hossain, Mahabub
- 66 The Brazilian wheat policy: its costs, benefits, and effects on food consumption
by Calegar, Geraldo M. & Schuh, G. Edward (George Edward)
- 65 Credit for alleviation of rural poverty: the Grameen Bank in Bangladesh
by Hossain, Mahabub
- 64 Cooperative dairy development in Karnataka, India: an assessment
by Alderman, Harold
- 63 Income and nutritional effects of the commercialization of agriculture in southwestern Kenya:
by Kennedy, Eileen T. & Cogill, Bruce
- 62 Agricultural research in Nepal: resource allocation, structure, and incentives
by Yadav, Ram P.
- 61 The pilot food price subsidy scheme in the Philippines: its impact on income, food consumption, and nutritional status
by Garcia, Marito & Pinstrup-Andersen, Per
- 60 Population policy and individual choice: a theoretical investigation
by Nerlove, Marc & Razin, Assaf & Sadka, Efraim
- 59 Production incentives in Philippine agriculture: effects of trade and exchange rate policies
by Bautista, Romeo M.
- 58 The food stamp scheme in Sri Lanka: costs, benefits, and options for modification
by Edirisinghe, Neville
- 42 The effects of food price and subsidy policies on Egyptian agriculture:
by von Braun, Joachim & de Haen, Hartwig
- 41 Rural growth linkages: household expenditure patterns in Malaysia and Nigeria
by Hazell, P. B. R. & Roell, Ailsa
- 40 Food subsidies in Egypt: their impact on foreign exchange and trade
by Scobie, Grant McDonald
- 39 The world rice market: structure, conduct, and performance
by Siamwalla, Ammar & Haykin, Stephen
- 38 Policy modeling of a dual grain market: the case of wheat in India
by Krishna, Raj & Chhibber, Ajay
- 37 Service provision and rural development in India: a study of Miryalguda Taluka
by Wanmali, Sudhir
- 36 Agriculture and economic growth in an open economy: the case of Argentina
by Cavallo, Domingo & Mundlak, Yair
- 35 Policy options for the grain economy of the European Community: implications for developing countries
by Koester, Ulrich
- 34 Egypt's food subsidy and rationing system: a description
by Alderman, Harold & von Braun, Joachim & Sakr, Sakr Ahmed
- 33 Agricultural growth and industrial performance in India:
by Rangarajan, C.
- 32 Food consumption parameters for Brazil and their application to food policy:
by Gray, Cheryl Williamson
- 31 Sustaining rapid growth in India's fertilizer consumption: a perspective based on composition of use
by Desai, Gunvant M.
- 30 Instability in Indian foodgrain production:
by Hazell, P. B. R.
- 21 Agricultural protection in OECD countries: its cost to less-developed countries
by Valdés, Alberto & Zietz, Joachim A.
- 20 Impact of irrigation and labor availability on multiple cropping: a case study of India
by Narain, Dharm & Roy, Shyamal
- 19 A comparative study of FAO and USDA data on production, area, and trade of major food staples:
by Paulino, Leonardo A. & Tseng, Shen Sheng
- 18 The economics of the international stockholding of wheat:
by Morrow, Daniel T.
- 17 Agricultural research policy in Nigeria:
by Idachaba, Francis Sulemanu
- 15 Food production in the People's Republic of China:
by Tang, Anthony M. & Stone, Bruce
- 14 Developed-country agricultural policies and developing-country food supplies: the case of wheat
by Josling, Timothy
- 13 The impact of public foodgrain distribution on food consumption and welfare in Sri Lanka:
by Gavan, James D. & Sri Chandrasekera, Indrani
- 12 Two analyses of Indian foodgrain production and consumption data:
by Sarma, J. S. & Roy, Shyamal & George, P. S. (Poykayil Simon)
- 11 Rapid food production growth in selected developing countries: a comparative analysis of underlying trends, 1961-76
by Bachman, Kenneth Leroy & Paulino, Leonardo A.
- 10 Investment and input requirements for accelerating food production in low-income countries by 1990:
by Oram, Peter A. & Zapata, Juan Antonio & Alibaruho, George & Roy, Shyamal
- 9 Brazil's minimum price policy and the agricultural sector of northeast Brazil:
by Fox, Roger W.
- 8 Foodgrain supply, distribution, and consumption policies within a dual pricing mechanism: a case study of Bangladesh
by Ahmed, Raisuddin
- 7 Public distribution of foodgrains in Kerala: income distribution implications and effectiveness
by George, P. S. (Poykayil Simon)
- 6 Intersectoral factor mobility and agricultural growth:
by Mundlak, Yair
- 5 Impact of subsidized rice on food consumption and nutrition in Kerala:
by Kumar, Shubh K.