The effects of international remittances on poverty, inequality, and development in rural Egypt:
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Lawrence Brown & Andrew Goetz, 1987. "Development-related contextual effects and individual attributes in third world migration processes: A Venezuelan example," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 24(4), pages 497-516, November.
- Adams, Richard H, Jr, 1989. "Worker Remittances and Inequality in Rural Egypt," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 38(1), pages 45-71, October.
- Stark, Oded & Taylor, J Edward & Yitzhaki, Shlomo, 1986. "Remittances and Inequality," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 96(383), pages 722-740, September.
- Alderman, Harold & von Braun, Joachim & Sakr, Sakr Ahmed, 1982. "Egypt's food subsidy and rationing system: a description," Research reports 34, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Richard Bilsborrow & Thomas McDevitt & Sherrie Kossoudji & Richard Fuller, 1987. "The impact of origin community characteristics on rural-urban out-migration in a developing country," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 24(2), pages 191-210, May.
- Ram, Rati & Singh, Ram D., 1988. "Farm households in rural Burkina Faso: Some evidence on allocative and direct return to schooling, and male-female labor productivity differentials," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 419-424, March.
- Knowles, James C. & Anker, Richard, 1981. "An analysis of income transfers in a developing country : The case of Kenya," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 205-226, April.
- Cox, Donald & Jimenez, Emmanuel, 1990. "Achieving Social Objectives through Private Transfers: A Review," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 5(2), pages 205-218, July.
- Bilsborrow, Richard E., 1981. "Surveys of internal migration in low-income countries: the need for and content of community-level variables," ILO Working Papers 992114393402676, International Labour Organization.
- Russell, Sharon Stanton, 1986. "Remittances from international migration: A review in perspective," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 14(6), pages 677-696, June.
- Lipton, Michael, 1980. "Migration from rural areas of poor countries: The impact on rural productivity and income distribution," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 1-24, January.
- Choucri, Nazli, 1986. "The hidden economy: A new view of remittances in the arab world," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 14(6), pages 697-712, June.
- House, William J. & Rempel, Henry, 1980. "The determinants of interregional migration in Kenya," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 25-35, January.
- Simon Commander & Aly Abdullah Hadhoud, 1986. "From Labour Surplus to Labour Scarcity? The Agricultural Labour Market in Egypt," Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 4(2), pages 161-180, June.
- repec:ilo:ilowps:211439 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bruton, Henry J, 1983. "Egypt's Development in the Seventies," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 31(4), pages 679-704, July.
- Flavin, Marjorie A, 1981. "The Adjustment of Consumption to Changing Expectations about Future Income," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(5), pages 974-1009, October.
- Carvajal, Manuel J & Geithman, David T, 1974. "An Economic Analysis of Migration in Costa Rica," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 23(1), pages 105-122, October.
- Falaris, Evangelos M, 1979. "The Determinants of Internal Migration in Peru: An Economic Analysis," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 27(2), pages 327-341, January.
More about this item
KeywordsRural development Egypt Finance.; Emigrant remittances Egypt.; Rural poor Egypt.; Income distribution Egypt.; Alien labor; Egyptian Economic conditions.;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fpr:resrep:86. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ifprius.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.