Contact information of Elsevier
Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Access and download statisticsTop item:
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help
correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecoedu. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Nithya Sathishkumar (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/econedurev .
2021, Volume 81, Issue C
- S0272775721000017 Birth control, family size and educational stratification: Evidence from the Han and ethnic minorities in China
by Pan, Yao & Liu, Yishen
- S0272775721000029 Choice of majors: are women really different from men?
by Kugler, Adriana D. & Tinsley, Catherine H. & Ukhaneva, Olga
- S0272775721000030 The Impact of Upper Secondary School Flexibility on Sorting and Educational Outcomes
by Berggren, Andrea & Jeppsson, Louise
- S0272775721000042 Does student-teacher race match affect course grades?
by Harbatkin, Erica
- S0272775721000054 Heterogeneous effects of missing out on a place at a preferred secondary school in England
by Gorman, Emma & Walker, Ian
2021, Volume 80, Issue C
- S0272775720305483 Walking in your footsteps: Sibling spillovers in higher education choices
by Aguirre, Josefa & Matta, Juan
- S0272775720305513 No experience, no employment: The effect of vocational education and training work experience on labour market outcomes after higher education
by Oswald-Egg, Maria Esther & Renold, Ursula
- S0272775720305525 Pathways of Disadvantage: Unpacking the Intergenerational Correlation in Welfare
by Bubonya, Melisa & Cobb-Clark, Deborah A.
- S0272775720305537 Teacher Turnover and Financial Incentives in Underprivileged Schools: Evidence from a Compensation Policy in a Developing Country
by Camelo, Rafael & Ponczek, Vladimir
- S0272775720305549 It’s time to learn: School institutions and returns to instruction time
by Barrios-Fernández, Andrés & Bovini, Giulia
- S0272775720305628 Who's minding the kids? Experimental evidence on the demand for child care quality
by Gordon, James A. & Herbst, Chris M. & Tekin, Erdal
- S027277572030563X Gender differences in college applications: Aspiration and risk management
by Delaney, Judith M. & Devereux, Paul J.
2020, Volume 79, Issue C
- S0272775720305264 Weekend feeding (“BackPack”) programs and student outcomes
by Kurtz, Michael D. & Conway, Karen Smith & Mohr, Robert D.
- S0272775720305288 Child bodyweight and human capital: Test scores, teacher assessments and noncognitive skills
by Rouse, Kathryn & Hunziker, Brooke
- S0272775720305318 School bullying is positively associated with support for redistribution in adulthood
by Yamagishi, Atsushi
- S0272775720305458 Higher education and fertility: Evidence from reforms in Greece
by Kountouris, Yiannis
- S0272775720305471 Do income contingent student loans reduce labor supply?
by Britton, Jack & Gruber, Jonathan
- S0272775720305495 Social networks and college performance: Evidence from dining data
by Martin, Darius D. & Wright, Adam C. & Krieg, John M.
- S0272775720305501 Is the math gender gap associated with gender equality? Only in low-income countries
by Anghel, Brindusa & Rodríguez-Planas, Núria & Sanz-de-Galdeano, Anna
- S027277572030529X English learners reclassification and academic achievement: Evidence from Minnesota
by Onda, Masayuki & Seyler, Edward
- S027277572030546X Socio-economic inequality and academic match among post-compulsory education participants
by Maragkou, Konstantina
2020, Volume 78, Issue C
- S0272775718301699 The effects of high school personal financial education policies on financial behavior
by Urban, Carly & Schmeiser, Maximilian & Collins, J. Michael & Brown, Alexandra
- S0272775718303054 Experiential financial education: A field study of my classroom economy in elementary schools
by Batty, Michael & Collins, J. Michael & O’Rourke, Collin & Odders-White, Elizabeth
- S0272775718303480 Benefits left on the table: Evidence from the Servicemembers’ Civil Relief Act
by Castleman, Benjamin L. & Patterson, Richard & Skimmyhorn, William
- S0272775718303959 Assessing the impact of financial education programs: A quantitative model
by Lusardi, Annamaria & Michaud, Pierre-Carl & Mitchell, Olivia S.
- S0272775718304254 Financial education for female foreign domestic workers in Singapore
by Barua, Rashmi & Shastry, Gauri Kartini & Yang, Dean
- S0272775718304837 The Effect of Subway Access on School Choice
by Herskovic, Luis
- S0272775718306514 The impact of financial education for youth
by Frisancho, Veronica
- S0272775718306940 Financial education in schools: A meta-analysis of experimental studies
by Kaiser, Tim & Menkhoff, Lukas
- S0272775719302225 The impact of dual apprenticeship programmes on early labour market outcomes: A dynamic approach
by Neyt, Brecht & Verhaest, Dieter & Baert, Stijn
- S0272775719302821 The effect of ability matching and differentiated instruction in financial literacy education. Evidence from two randomised control trials
by Iterbeke, Kaat & De Witte, Kristof & Declercq, Koen & Schelfhout, Wouter
- S0272775719305217 Culture and adult financial literacy: Evidence from the United States
by Davoli, Maddalena & Rodríguez-Planas, Núria
- S0272775719306041 Is working one job better than many? Assessing the impact of multiple school jobs on teacher performance in Rio de Janeiro
by Elacqua, Gregory & Marotta, Luana
- S0272775719307538 Beauty Premiums Among Academics
by Jobu Babin, J. & Hussey, Andrew & Nikolsko-Rzhevskyy, Alex & Taylor, David A.
- S0272775719307654 Are students in receiving schools hurt by the closing of low-Performing schools? Effects of school closures on receiving schools in Sweden 2000–2016
by Taghizadeh, Jonas Larsson
- S0272775720301552 On the labor market for full-time non-tenure-track lecturers in economics
by Hilmer, Christiana E. & Hilmer, Michael J.
- S0272775720305197 Gritting it out: The importance of non-cognitive skills in academic mismatch
by Saltiel, Fernando
- S0272775720305203 Can conditional grants attract better students? Evidence from Chinese teachers’ colleges
by Han, Li & Xie, Jiaxin
- S0272775720305215 Decomposing financial inequality across U.S. higher education institutions
by Cheslock, John J. & Shamekhi, Yahya
- S0272775720305227 The skill development of children of immigrants
by Hull, Marie & Norris, Jonathan
- S0272775720305239 Conceptualizing grade inflation
by Tyner, Adam & Gershenson, Seth
- S0272775720305240 Is ‘first in family’ a good indicator for widening university participation?
by Adamecz-Völgyi, Anna & Henderson, Morag & Shure, Nikki
- S0272775720305252 Relative age and investment in human capital
by Peña, Pablo A.
- S0272775720305276 School supply constraints in track choices: A French study using high school openings
by Garrouste, Manon & Zaiem, Meryam
- S0272775720305306 Good bye Chiang Kai-shek? The long-lasting effects of education under the authoritarian regime in Taiwan
by Bai, Yu & Li, Yanjun
2020, Volume 77, Issue C
- S0272775718301596 Employer learning, statistical discrimination and university prestige
by Bordón, Paola & Braga, Breno
- S0272775718307635 Intergovernmental transfer under heterogeneous accountabilities: The effects of the 2006 Chinese Education Finance Reform
by Ding, Yanqing & Lu, Fengming & Ye, Xiaoyang
- S0272775718307660 The impact of labor market work and educational tracking on student educational outcomes: Evidence from Taiwan
by Huang, Fung-Mey & Liao, Jen-Che & Yi, Chin-Chun
- S0272775718307714 Boys lag behind: How teachers’ gender biases affect student achievement
by Terrier, Camille
- S0272775719300263 Learning-adjusted years of schooling (LAYS): Defining a new macro measure of education
by Filmer, Deon & Rogers, Halsey & Angrist, Noam & Sabarwal, Shwetlena
- S0272775719303966 The impact of banning mobile phones in Swedish secondary schools
by Kessel, Dany & Hardardottir, Hulda Lif & Tyrefors, Björn
- S0272775719304042 Minimum Spending in Education and the Flypaper Effect
by Cruz, Tassia & Silva, Talita
- S0272775719304698 The gender gap in college major choice in Chile
by Bordón, Paola & Canals, Catalina & Mizala, Alejandra
- S0272775719305369 International Student Flows from Developing Countries: Do Donors Have an Impact?
by Lanati, Mauro & Thiele, Rainer
- S0272775719305795 The effects of the great recession on college majors
by Ersoy, Fulya Y.
- S0272775719305801 Industry Fluctuations and College Major Choices: Evidence from an Energy Boom and Bust
by Han, Luyi & Winters, John V.
- S0272775719306934 Child beliefs, societal beliefs, and teacher-student identity match
by Eble, Alex & Hu, Feng
- S0272775719307344 Does sibling gender affect personality traits?
by Golsteyn, Bart H.H. & Magnée, Cécile A.J.
- S0272775719307605 Free Lunch for All! The Effect of the Community Eligibility Provision on Academic Outcomes
by Gordanier, John & Ozturk, Orgul & Williams, Breyon & Zhan, Crystal
- S0272775719307642 The impact of standardized test feedback in math: Exploiting a natural experiment in 3rd grade
by Beuchert, Louise & Eriksen, Tine Louise Mundbjerg & Krægpøth, Morten Visby
- S0272775719308465 Choosing differently? College application behavior and the persistence of educational advantage
by Delaney, Judith M. & Devereux, Paul J.
- S0272775720301515 Paralysis by analysis? Effects of information on student loan take-up
by Marx, Benjamin M. & Turner, Lesley J.
2020, Volume 76, Issue C
- S0272775718305922 Does closing schools close doors? The effect of high school closings on achievement and attainment
by Larsen, Matthew F.
- S0272775718307003 Assimilation of immigrants: Does earlier school exposure matter?
by Galloway, Taryn Ann & Gjefsen, Hege Marie
- S0272775718307805 State partisanship and higher education
by Ortega, Alberto
- S0272775719301955 Girls to the front: How redshirting and test-score gaps are affected by a change in the school-entry cut date
by Cook, Philip J. & Kang, Songman
- S0272775719301992 Selecting or rewarding teachers? International evidence from primary schools
by Braga, Michela & Checchi, Daniele & Scervini, Francesco & Garrouste, Christelle
- S0272775719302729 Technology and educational choices: Evidence from a one-laptop-per-child program
by Yanguas, Maria Lucia
- S0272775719303668 Social returns to private choice? Effects of charter schools on behavioral outcomes, arrests, and civic participation
by McEachin, Andrew & Lauen, Douglas Lee & Fuller, Sarah Crittenden & Perera, Rachel M.
- S0272775719304832 High school start times and student achievement: Looking beyond test scores
by Lenard, Matthew & Morrill, Melinda Sandler & Westall, John
- S0272775719306478 Education and health over the life cycle
by Kaestner, Robert & Schiman, Cuiping & Ward, Jason
- S027277571830147X Explaining the gender gaps in mathematics achievement and attitudes: The role of societal gender equality
by Gevrek, Z. Eylem & Gevrek, Deniz & Neumeier, Christian
2020, Volume 75, Issue C
- S0272775717305903 The effects of student composition on teacher turnover: Evidence from an admission reform
by Karbownik, Krzysztof
- S0272775717308038 Does relative grading help male students? Evidence from a field experiment in the classroom
by Czibor, Eszter & Onderstal, Sander & Sloof, Randolph & van Praag, C. Mirjam
- S0272775718307179 Students’ behavioural responses to a fallback option - Evidence from introducing interim degrees in german schools
by Obergruber, Natalie & Zierow, Larissa
- S0272775719300378 What is good for the goose is good for the gander?
by Boggio, Cecilia & Coda Moscarola, Flavia & Gallice, Andrea
- S0272775719300512 Should we sort it out later? The effect of tracking age on long-run outcomes
by Borghans, By Lex & Diris, Ron & Smits, Wendy & de Vries, Jannes
- S0272775719300676 The impact of pay-for-percentile incentive on low-achieving students in rural China
by Chang, Fang & Wang, Huan & Qu, Yaqiong & Zheng, Qiang & Loyalka, Prashant & Sylvia, Sean & Shi, Yaojiang & Dill, Sarah-Eve & Rozelle, Scott
- S0272775719300950 School infrastructure spending and educational outcomes: Evidence from the 2012 earthquake in Northern Italy
by Belmonte, Alessandro & Bove, Vincenzo & D’Inverno, Giovanna & Modica, Marco
- S0272775719301281 Jack-of-all-subjects? The association between individual grade variance and educational attainment
by Sandsør, Astrid Marie Jorde
- S0272775719302183 Language assimilation and performance in achievement tests among Hispanic children in the U.S.: Evidence from a field experiment
by Mukhopadhyay, Sankar
- S0272775719302675 What do student jobs on graduate CVs signal to employers?
by Van Belle, Eva & Caers, Ralf & Cuypers, Laure & De Couck, Marijke & Neyt, Brecht & Van Borm, Hannah & Baert, Stijn
- S0272775719302961 The value of using early-career earnings data in the College Scorecard to guide college choices
by Mabel, Zachary & Libassi, C.J. & Hurwitz, Michael
- S0272775719303796 Are federal student loan accountability regulations effective?
by Lau, Christopher V.
- S0272775719304492 The dropout effects of career pathways: Evidence from California
by Bonilla, Sade
- S0272775719305679 Virtual advising for high-achieving high school students
by Gurantz, Oded & Pender, Matea & Mabel, Zachary & Larson, Cassandra & Bettinger, Eric
- S027277571930531X Does simplifying the college financial aid process matter?
by Narayan, Ayushi
2020, Volume 74, Issue C
- S0272775718301213 The decreased popularity of the teaching sector in the 1970s
by Steingrimsdottir, Herdis
- S0272775718303327 Recruiting and supporting low-income, high-achieving students at flagship universities
by Andrews, Rodney J. & Imberman, Scott A. & Lovenheim, Michael F.
- S0272775718305028 Restricting seniority as a factor in public school district layoffs: Analyzing the impact of state legislation on graduation rates
by Dabbs, Christine M.
- S0272775718305910 Math acceleration in elementary school: Access and effects on student outcomes
by Hemelt, Steven W. & Lenard, Matthew A.
- S0272775718307507 Within-family differences in Head Start participation and parent investment
by Gonzalez, Kathryn E.
- S0272775719300779 What drives the quality of schools in Africa? Disentangling social capital and ethnic divisions
by Hollard, Guillaume & Sene, Omar
- S0272775719300901 Who benefits from selective education? Evidence from elite boarding school admissions
by Shi, Ying
- S0272775719302559 Free lunch for all? The impact of universal school lunch on student misbehavior
by Altindag, Duha T. & Baek, Deokrye & Lee, Hong & Merkle, Jessica
- S0272775719303449 Gender, culture and STEM: Counter-intuitive patterns in Arab society
by Friedman-Sokuler, Naomi & Justman, Moshe
- S0272775719303474 School choice and parents’ preferences for school attributes in Chile
by Hofflinger, Alvaro & Gelber, Denisse & Tellez Cañas, Santiago
2019, Volume 73, Issue C
- v:73:y:2019:i:c:s0272775718306630 An empirical examination of the Bennett hypothesis in law school prices
by Kelchen, Robert
- v:73:y:2019:i:c:s0272775717305551 Does public infrastructure affect human capital? The effect of improved transport connectivity on children's education in the Philippines
by Francisco, Kris A. & Tanaka, Makoto
- v:73:y:2019:i:c:s0272775719301219 Your peers’ parents: Spillovers from parental education
by Fruehwirth, Jane Cooley & Gagete-Miranda, Jessica
- v:73:y:2019:i:c:s0272775719301736 Is the remedy worse than the disease? The impact of teacher remediation on teacher and student performance in Chile
by Lombardi, María
- v:73:y:2019:i:c:s0272775719304108 Any press is good press? The unanticipated effects of Title IX investigations on university outcomes
by Lindo, Jason M. & Marcotte, Dave E. & Palmer, Jane E. & Swensen, Isaac D.
- v:73:y:2019:i:c:s0272775719302791 LGBT students: New evidence on demographics and educational outcomes
by Sansone, Dario
- v:73:y:2019:i:c:s0272775718303972 Primary education expansion and quality of schooling
by Valente, Christine
- v:73:y:2019:i:c:s0272775718306976 Educational equity and teacher discretion effects in high stake exams
by Cornelisz, Ilja & Meeter, Martijn & van Klaveren, Chris
- v:73:y:2019:i:c:s0272775719302717 An experimental evaluation of three teacher quality measures: Value-added, classroom observations, and student surveys
by Bacher-Hicks, Andrew & Chin, Mark J. & Kane, Thomas J. & Staiger, Douglas O.
- v:73:y:2019:i:c:s0272775719301839 Does the healthcare educational market respond to short-run local demand?
by Dillender, Marcus & Friedson, Andrew & Gian, Cong & Simon, Kosali
- v:73:y:2019:i:c:s0272775718306162 Constrained optimisation? Teacher salaries, school resources and student achievement
by Greaves, Ellen & Sibieta, Luke
- v:73:y:2019:i:c:s0272775718307817 Oil discoveries and education provision in the Postbellum South
by Maurer, Stephan E.
- v:73:y:2019:i:c:s0272775719303784 College major, college coursework, and post-college wages
by Light, Audrey & Schreiner, Sydney
- v:73:y:2019:i:c:s0272775719301104 Are men intimidated by highly educated women? Undercover on Tinder
by Neyt, Brecht & Vandenbulcke, Sarah & Baert, Stijn
- v:73:y:2019:i:c:s0272775718306216 Affirmative action in Brazilian universities: Effects on the enrollment of targeted groups
by Vieira, Renato Schwambach & Arends-Kuenning, Mary
- v:73:y:2019:i:c:s0272775718306174 Grading on a curve: When having good peers is not good
by Calsamiglia, Caterina & Loviglio, Annalisa
- v:73:y:2019:i:c:s0272775719300767 Students are almost as effective as professors in university teaching
by Feld, Jan & Salamanca, Nicolás & Zölitz, Ulf
- v:73:y:2019:i:c:s027277571930024x The impact of grade inflation on higher education enrolment and earnings
by Nordin, Martin & Heckley, Gawain & Gerdtham, Ulf
- v:73:y:2019:i:c:s027277571830503x Education savings plans, matching contributions, and household financial allocations: Evidence from a Canadian reform
by Messacar, Derek & Frenette, Marc
- v:73:y:2019:i:c:s027277571830150x Away from home, better at school. The case of a British boarding school
by Foliano, Francesca & Green, Francis & Sartarelli, Marcello
- v:73:y:2019:i:c:s027277571830596x Preschool attendance, schooling, and cognitive skills in East Africa
by Bietenbeck, Jan & Ericsson, Sanna & Wamalwa, Fredrick M.
- v:73:y:2019:i:c:s027277571930189x Labor demand shocks at birth and cognitive achievement during childhood
by Regmi, Krishna & J. Henderson, Daniel
2019, Volume 72, Issue C
- 1-18 The effects of physical education on student fitness, achievement, and behavior
by Packham, Analisa & Street, Brittany
- 19-22 Legal access to alcohol and academic performance: Who is affected?
by Ha, Joung Yeob & Smith, Austin C.
- 23-29 Early intervention in college classes and improved student outcomes
by Gordanier, John & Hauk, William & Sankaran, Chandini
- 30-43 Center-based care for infants and toddlers: The aeioTU randomized trial
by Nores, Milagros & Bernal, Raquel & Barnett, W. Steven
- 44-54 Are school officials held accountable for fiscal stress? Evidence from school district financial intervention systems
by Thompson, Paul N.
- 55-65 Gender stereotypes: The case of MisProfesores.com in Mexico
by Arceo-Gomez, Eva O. & Campos-Vazquez, Raymundo M.
- 66-79 Young, gifted and lazy? The role of ability and labor market prospects in student effort decisions
by Chadi, Adrian & de Pinto, Marco & Schultze, Gabriel
- 80-106 Why Brazil fell behind in college education?
by Binelli, Chiara & Menezes-Filho, Naercio
- 107-120 Effects of adult health interventions at scale on children’s schooling: Evidence from antiretroviral therapy in Zambia
by Lucas, Adrienne M. & Chidothe, Margaret & Wilson, Nicholas L.
- 121-130 Scholarships and student effort: Evidence from Colombia’s Ser Pilo Paga program
by Bernal, Gloria L. & Penney, Jeffrey
- 131-146 Study-group diversity and early college academic outcomes: Experimental evidence from a higher education inclusion program in Peru
by Agurto Adrianzén, Marcos & Fiestas Chevez, Hugo & Nuñez Morales, Wenceslao & Quevedo, Valeria & Vegas Chiyón, Susana
- 147-165 Increased learning or GPA inflation? Evidence from GPA-based university admission in Chile
by Fajnzylber, Eduardo & Lara, Bernardo & León, Tomás
- 166-186 The benefits of adult learning: Work-related training, social capital, and earnings
by Ruhose, Jens & Thomsen, Stephan L. & Weilage, Insa
- 187-203 Compulsory schooling for whom? The role of gender, poverty, and religiosity
by Erten, Bilge & Keskin, Pinar
- 204-218 Snooze or lose: High school start times and academic achievement
by Groen, Jeffrey A. & Pabilonia, Sabrina Wulff
- 219-238 Understanding gender differences in STEM: Evidence from college applications✰
by Delaney, Judith M. & Devereux, Paul J.
- 239-257 Call me educated: Evidence from a mobile phone experiment in Niger✰
by Aker, Jenny C. & Ksoll, Christopher
2019, Volume 71, Issue C
- 7-22 The end of free college in England: Implications for enrolments, equity, and quality
by Murphy, Richard & Scott-Clayton, Judith & Wyness, Gill
- 23-31 Financing higher education in an imperfect world
by Long, Ngo Van
- 32-48 The US college loans system: Lessons from Australia and England
by Barr, Nicholas & Chapman, Bruce & Dearden, Lorraine & Dynarski, Susan
- 49-64 Evaluating and designing student loan systems: An overview of empirical approaches
by Dearden, Lorraine
- 65-82 Income contingent student loan design: Lessons from around the world
by Britton, Jack & van der Erve, Laura & Higgins, Tim
- 83-94 Modelling alternative student loan schemes for Brazil
by Dearden, Lorraine & Nascimento, Paulo Meyer
- 95-108 Repayment burdens of mortgage-style student loans in China and steps toward income-contingent loans
by Cai, Yu & Chapman, Bruce & Wang, Qing
- 109-119 Modelling higher education financing reform for Ireland
by Chapman, Bruce & Doris, Aedín
- 120-134 Student loans in Japan: Current problems and possible solutions
by Armstrong, Shiro & Dearden, Lorraine & Kobayashi, Masayuki & Nagase, Nobuko
- 135-145 How useful are default rates? Borrowers with large balances and student loan repayment
by Looney, Adam & Yannelis, Constantine
2019, Volume 70, Issue C
- 1-19 Monetary substitution of loans, earnings, and need-based aid in postsecondary education: The impact of Pell Grant eligibility
by Evans, Brent J. & Nguyen, Tuan D.
- 20-34 Signaling or better human capital: Evidence from Colombia
by Barrera-Osorio, Felipe & Bayona-Rodríguez, Hernando
- 35-47 School resources and labor market outcomes: Evidence from early twentieth-century Georgia
by Baker, Richard B.
- 48-60 Does education foster trust? Evidence from compulsory schooling reform in the UK
by Yang, Songtao
- 61-74 Does primary school duration matter? Evaluating the consequences of a large Chinese policy experiment
by Eble, Alex & Hu, Feng
- 75-93 Are changes of major major changes? The roles of grades, gender, and preferences in college major switching
by Astorne-Figari, Carmen & Speer, Jamin D.
- 94-108 Inequalities in adolescent learning: Does the timing and persistence of food insecurity at home matter?
by Aurino, Elisabetta & Fledderjohann, Jasmine & Vellakkal, Sukumar
- 109-126 School bus emissions, student health and academic performance
by Austin, Wes & Heutel, Garth & Kreisman, Daniel
- 127-143 The spillover benefits of expanding access to preschool
by Williams, Breyon J.
- 144-158 The STEM requirements of “Non-STEM” jobs: Evidence from UK online vacancy postings
by Grinis, Inna
- 159-172 Moving the classroom to the computer lab: Can online learning with in-person support improve outcomes in community colleges?
by Kozakowski, Whitney
- 173-191 Promoting cognitive and soft skills acquisition in a disadvantaged public school system: Evidence from the Nurture thru Nature randomized experiment
by Jagannathan, Radha & Camasso, Michael J. & Delacalle, Maia
- 192-214 The longer the better? The impact of the 2012 apprenticeship reform in England on achievement and labour market outcomes
by Nafilyan, Vahé & Speckesser, Stefan
2019, Volume 69, Issue C
- 1-24 From high school to the high chair: Education and fertility timing
by James, Jonathan & Vujić, Sunčica
- 25-60 The effects of closing urban schools on students’ academic and behavioral outcomes: Evidence from Philadelphia
by Steinberg, Matthew P. & MacDonald, John M.
- 61-72 The effect of charter schools on districts’ student composition, costs, and efficiency: The case of New York state
by Buerger, Christian & Bifulco, Robert
- 73-93 The effect of introducing a Research Evaluation Exercise on student enrolment: Evidence from Italy
by Biancardi, Daniele & Bratti, Massimiliano
- 94-107 Schooling with learning: The effect of free primary education and mother tongue instruction reforms in Ethiopia
by Chicoine, Luke
- 108-124 Occupational knowledge and educational mobility: Evidence from the introduction of job information centers
by Saniter, Nils & Schnitzlein, Daniel D. & Siedler, Thomas
- 125-137 First impressions in the classroom: How do class characteristics affect student grades and majors?
by Griffith, Amanda L. & Main, Joyce B.
- 138-148 Access to education and political candidacy: Lessons from school openings in Sweden
by Lindgren, Karl-Oskar & Oskarsson, Sven & Persson, Mikael
- 149-154 Has the college wage premium continued to rise? Evidence from multiple U.S. surveys
by Ashworth, Jared & Ransom, Tyler
2019, Volume 68, Issue C
- 1-12 Achievement gains from reconfiguring early schooling: The case of Brazil's primary education reform
by Rosa, Leonardo & Martins, Marcelo & Carnoy, Martin
- 13-22 Returning special education students to regular classrooms: Externalities on peers’ reading scores
by Rangvid, Beatrice Schindler
- 23-26 The gender gap in K-12 educator salaries
by Fox, Daniel & Gmeiner, Michael & Price, Joseph
- 27-37 Admission mechanisms and the mismatch between colleges and students: Evidence from a large administrative dataset from China
by Bo, Shiyu & Liu, Jing & Shiu, Ji-Liang & Song, Yan & Zhou, Sen
- 38-52 Is it good to be LATE? The impact of a preparatory program on upper secondary schooling
by Arendt, Jacob Nielsen & Greve, Jane & Bergqvist, Mikkel
- 53-67 The economic impact of universities: Evidence from across the globe
by Valero, Anna & Van Reenen, John
- 68-88 The effects of youth transition programs on labor market outcomes of youth with disabilities
by Dean, David & Pepper, John & Schmidt, Robert & Stern, Steven
- 89-103 Is the pen mightier than the keyboard? The effect of online testing on measured student achievement
by Backes, Ben & Cowan, James
- 104-121 Which New Yorkers vote with their wallets? The impact of teacher quality data on household sorting, and residential and school demographics
by Rivera Rodas, Elizabeth I.
- 122-135 Better outcomes without increased costs? Effects of Georgia’s University System consolidations
by Russell, Lauren
- 136-147 The effect of preschool participation on intellectual and behavioral disorder diagnoses: Evidence from surveys on children’s health
by Monnet, Jessica
- 148-160 Selective retention bonuses for highly effective teachers in high poverty schools: Evidence from Tennessee
by Swain, Walker A. & Rodriguez, Luis A. & Springer, Matthew G.
- 161-178 Building bridges to life after high school: Contemporary career academies and student outcomes
by Hemelt, Steven W. & Lenard, Matthew A. & Paeplow, Colleen G.
2018, Volume 67, Issue C
- 1-13 Is post-secondary education a safe port and for whom? Evidence from Canadian data
by Alessandrini, Diana
- 14-24 The threat of competition and public school performance: Evidence from Poland
by Bukowski, Paweł & Kobus, Martyna
- 25-39 The role of time preferences in educational decision making
by Kemptner, Daniel & Tolan, Songül
- 40-57 The Effect of Teachers’ Unions on Student Achievement in the Short Run: Evidence from Wisconsin’s Act 10
by Baron, E. Jason
- 58-81 Teacher hiring decisions: How do governments react to an exogenous redistribution of education funds?
by Cruz, Tassia
- 82-93 Gender achievement gaps among Chinese middle school students and the role of teachers’ gender
by Xu, Di & Li, Qiujie
- 94-109 You can't always get what you want: Capacity constraints in a choice-based school system
by Lincove, Jane Arnold & Valant, Jon & Cowen, Joshua M.
- 110-136 Introducing a performance-based component into Jakarta's school grants: What do we know about its impact after three years?
by Al-Samarrai, Samer & Shrestha, Unika & Hasan, Amer & Nakajima, Nozomi & Santoso, Santoso & Wijoyo, Wisnu Harto Adi
- 137-147 Training and changes in job Tasks
by Tamm, Marcus
- 148-157 Aid after enrollment: Impacts of a statewide grant program at public two-year colleges
by Anderson, Drew M. & Goldrick-Rab, Sara
- 158-170 Academic achievement across the day: Evidence from randomized class schedules
by Williams, Kevin M. & Shapiro, Teny Maghakian
- 171-183 Do students benefit from longer school days? Regression discontinuity evidence from Florida's additional hour of literacy instruction
by Figlio, David & Holden, Kristian L. & Ozek, Umut
- 184-206 Teaching styles and achievement: Student and teacher perspectives
by Hidalgo-Cabrillana, Ana & Lopez-Mayan, Cristina
- 207-215 The added value of more accurate predictions for school rankings
by Schiltz, Fritz & Sestito, Paolo & Agasisti, Tommaso & De Witte, Kristof
- 216-234 Learning intensity effects in students’ mental and physical health – Evidence from a large scale natural experiment in Germany
by Hofmann, Sarah & Mühlenweg, Andrea
- 235-253 The effect of multigrade classes on cognitive and non- cognitive skills. Causal evidence exploiting minimum class size rules in Italy✰
by Checchi, Daniele & De Paola, Maria
2018, Volume 66, Issue C