Economics of Education Review
2017, Volume 56, Issue C
- 1-8 The influence of height on academic outcomes
by Gorry, Devon
- 9-23 The impact of education on political ideology: Evidence from European compulsory education reforms
by Meyer, Andrew G.
- 24-39 Is it the way they use it? Teachers, ICT and student achievement
by Comi, Simona Lorena & Argentin, Gianluca & Gui, Marco & Origo, Federica & Pagani, Laura
- 40-51 Heterogeneous treatment effects in the low track: Revisiting the Kenyan primary school experiment
by Cummins, Joseph R.
- 52-64 The effect of education on time preferences
by Perez-Arce, Francisco
- 65-79 The information value of central school exams
by Schwerdt, Guido & Woessmann, Ludger
- 80-94 Life-cycle educational choices in a system with early tracking and ‘second chance’ options
by Biewen, Martin & Tapalaga, Madalina
- 95-109 Can targeted information affect academic performance and borrowing behavior for college students? Evidence from administrative data
by Stoddard, Christiana & Urban, Carly & Schmeiser, Maximilian
- 110-117 Are low-performing students more likely to exit charter schools? Evidence from New York City and Denver, Colorado
by Winters, Marcus A. & Clayton, Grant & Carpenter, Dick M.
- 118-132 The impact of computer usage on academic performance: Evidence from a randomized trial at the United States Military Academy
by Carter, Susan Payne & Greenberg, Kyle & Walker, Michael S.
- 133-140 The impact of grade ceilings on student grades and course evaluations: Evidence from a policy change
by Gorry, Devon
- 141-151 Something in the air? Air quality and children's educational outcomes
by Marcotte, Dave E.
- 152-176 Creating winners and losers: Date of birth, relative age in school, and outcomes in childhood and adulthood
by Peña, Pablo A.
2016, Volume 55, Issue C
- 1-20 Motivation and incentives in education: Evidence from a summer reading experiment
by Guryan, Jonathan & Kim, James S. & Park, Kyung H.
- 21-38 Does learning in mother tongue matter? Evidence from a natural experiment in Ethiopia
by Seid, Yared
- 39-56 Should we increase instruction time in low achieving schools? Evidence from Southern Italy
by Battistin, Erich & Meroni, Elena Claudia
- 57-69 The effect of supplemental instruction on academic performance: An encouragement design experiment
by Paloyo, Alfredo R. & Rogan, Sally & Siminski, Peter
- 70-87 Assessing the effect of school days and absences on test score performance
by Aucejo, Esteban M. & Romano, Teresa Foy
- 88-102 The effect of the business cycle at college graduation on fertility
by Hofmann, Barbara & Hohmeyer, Katrin
- 103-116 Title IX and the education of teen mothers
by Guldi, Melanie
- 117-131 Fully integrating upper-secondary vocational and academic courses: A flexible new way?
by Polidano, Cain & Tabasso, Domenico
- 132-148 Dynamic effects of teacher turnover on the quality of instruction
by Hanushek, Eric A. & Rivkin, Steven G. & Schiman, Jeffrey C.
- 149-167 Do educational vouchers reduce inequality and inefficiency in education?
by Akyol, Metin
- 168-181 The impact of universal prekindergarten on family behavior and child outcomes
by Chor, Elise & Andresen, Martin Eckhoff & Kalil, Ariel
- 182-197 Nearly-efficient tuitions and subsidies in American public higher education
by Burer, Samuel & Fethke, Gary
- 198-219 Doing it twice, getting it right? The effects of grade retention and course repetition in higher education
by Tafreschi, Darjusch & Thiemann, Petra
- 220-232 Measuring inflation in grades: An application of price indexing to undergraduate grades
by Hernández-Julián, Rey & Looney, Adam
2016, Volume 54, Issue C
- 1-15 The educational consequences of language proficiency for young children
by Yao, Yuxin & Ohinata, Asako & van Ours, Jan C.
- 16-35 The effects of compulsory military service exemption on education and labor market outcomes: Evidence from a natural experiment
by Torun, Huzeyfe & Tumen, Semih
- 36-61 Time preferences, study effort, and academic performance
by Non, Arjan & Tempelaar, Dirk
- 62-78 Good peers or good teachers? Evidence from a French University
by Brodaty, Thibault & Gurgand, Marc
- 79-94 Gender, ethnicity and teaching evaluations: Evidence from mixed teaching teamsAuthor-Name: Wagner, Natascha
by Rieger, Matthias & Voorvelt, Katherine
- 95-112 Improving academic performance through conditional benefits: Open/closed campus policies in high school and student outcomes
by Lichtman-Sadot, Shirlee
- 113-123 The role of testing noise in the estimation of achievement-based peer effects
by Zhang, Hongliang
- 124-142 Does access to secondary education affect primary schooling? Evidence from India
by Mukhopadhyay, Abhiroop & Sahoo, Soham
- 143-154 The importance of family income in the formation and evolution of non-cognitive skills in childhood
by Fletcher, Jason M. & Wolfe, Barbara
- 155-172 Post-baccalaureate migration and merit-based scholarships
by Fitzpatrick, Maria D. & Jones, Damon
- 173-184 Unintended consequences of rewards for student attendance: Results from a field experiment in Indian classrooms
by Visaria, Sujata & Dehejia, Rajeev & Chao, Melody M. & Mukhopadhyay, Anirban
- 185-210 Gender-differential effects of terrorism on education: The case of the 1981–1993 Punjab insurgency
by Singh, Prakarsh & Shemyakina, Olga N.
- 211-213 Introduction to the Special Issue on Education and Crime
by Anderson, D. Mark & Lochner, Lance
- 214-226 Crime, compulsory schooling laws and educationAuthor-Name: Bell, Brian
by Costa, Rui & Machin, Stephen
- 227-241 The effect of school starting age policy on crime: Evidence from U.S. microdata
by McAdams, John M.
- 242-258 Returns to education in criminal organizations: Did going to college help Michael Corleone?
by Campaniello, Nadia & Gray, Rowena & Mastrobuoni, Giovanni
- 259-273 The effect of degree attainment on arrests: Evidence from a randomized social experiment
by Amin, Vikesh & Flores, Carlos A. & Flores-Lagunes, Alfonso & Parisian, Daniel J.
- 274-305 Separating state dependence, experience, and heterogeneity in a model of youth crime and education
by Mancino, Maria Antonella & Navarro, Salvador & Rivers, David A.
- 306-320 Spillovers from conditional cash transfer programs: Bolsa Família and crime in urban Brazil
by Chioda, Laura & De Mello, João M.P. & Soares, Rodrigo R.
- 321-339 Causal effects of mental health treatment on education outcomes for youth in the justice systemAuthor-Name: Cuellar, Alison
by Dave, Dhaval M.
2016, Volume 53, Issue C
- 1-15 Losing HOPE: Financial aid and the line between college and work
by Carruthers, Celeste K. & Özek, Umut
- 16-30 The Impact of Education Tax Benefits on College Completion
by Elsayed, Mahmoud A.A.
- 31-45 Teacher quality differences between teacher preparation programs: How big? How reliable? Which programs are different?
by von Hippel, Paul T. & Bellows, Laura & Osborne, Cynthia & Lincove, Jane Arnold & Mills, Nick
- 46-71 Can a summer make a difference? The impact of the American Economic Association Summer Program on minority student outcomesAuthor-Name: Becker, Charles M
by Rouse, Cecilia Elena & Chen, Mingyu
- 72-86 Educational mobility across three generations of American women
by Kroeger, Sarah & Thompson, Owen
- 87-98 The effects of universal state pre-kindergarten on the child care sector: The case of Florida's voluntary pre-kindergarten programAuthor-Name: Bassok, Daphna
by Miller, Luke C. & Galdo, Eva
- 99-115 The relative benefits of live versus online delivery: Evidence from virtual algebra I in North Carolina
by Heissel, Jennifer
- 116-132 Bilingual education in Peru: Evidence on how Quechua-medium education affects indigenous children's academic achievement
by Hynsjö, Disa & Damon, Amy
- 133-142 Do schools discriminate against homosexual parents? Evidence from a randomized correspondence experiment
by Diaz-Serrano, Luis & Meix-Llop, Enric
- 143-158 Does Investing in School Capital Infrastructure Improve Student Achievement?
by Hong, Kai & Zimmer, Ron
- 159-163 “(Un)informed College and Major Choice”: Verification in an alternate setting
by Huntington-Klein, Nick
- 164-181 Kindergarten for all: Long run effects of a universal intervention
by Drange, Nina & Havnes, Tarjei & Sandsør, Astrid M.J.
- 182-193 How does education affect adolescents’ political development?
by Persson, Mikael & Lindgren, Karl-Oskar & Oskarsson, Sven
- 194-206 Do `Skills Beget Skills'? Evidence on the effect of kindergarten entrance age on the evolution of cognitive and non-cognitive skill gaps in childhoodAuthor-Name: Lubotsky, Darren
by Kaestner, Robert
- 207-216 Student loans or marriage? A look at the highly educated
by Gicheva, Dora
- 217-229 Academic performance and type of early childhood care
by Datta Gupta, Nabanita & Simonsen, Marianne
- 230-253 Gender streaming and prior achievement in high school science and mathematics
by Friedman-Sokuler, Naomi & Justman, Moshe
- 254-267 Estimating the education-earnings equation using geographic variation
by Doyle, William R. & Skinner, Benjamin T.
- 268-283 Public or private? The influence of immigration on native schooling choices in the United States
by Murray, Thomas J.
- 284-295 An evaluation of the Mellon Mays Undergraduate Fellowship's effect on PhD production at non-UNCF institutions
by Prenovitz, Sarah J. & Cohen, Gary R. & Ehrenberg, Ronald G. & Jakubson, George H.
- 296-310 Are college costs worth it? How ability, major, and debt affect the returns to schooling
by Webber, Douglas A.
- 311-328 The Marginal effect of K-12 English language development programs: Evidence from Los Angeles Schools
by Pope, Nolan G.
2016, Volume 52, Issue C
- 1-18 Should student employment be subsidized? Conditional counterfactuals and the outcomes of work-study participation
by Scott-Clayton, Judith & Minaya, Veronica
- 19-28 Class size and teacher effects in higher education
by Sapelli, Claudio & Illanes, Gastón
- 29-50 Why has wage inequality evolved so differently between Japan and the US? The role of the supply of college-educated workers
by Kawaguchi, Daiji & Mori, Yuko
- 51-62 The returns to voucher-financed training on wages, employment and job tasks
by Görlitz, Katja & Tamm, Marcus
- 63-76 When inputs are outputs: The case of graduate student instructorsAuthor-Name: Bettinger, Eric P
by Long, Bridget Terry & Taylor, Eric S.
- 91-104 The differential effects of competitive funding on the production frontier and the efficiency of universities
by Bolli, Thomas & Olivares, Maria & Bonaccorsi, Andrea & Daraio, Cinzia & Aracil, Adela Garcia & Lepori, Benedetto
- 105-119 When you say nothing at all: The predictive power of student effort on surveysAuthor-Name: Hitt, Collin
by Trivitt, Julie & Cheng, Albert
- 120-133 Gender differences in preferences for taking risk in college applications
by Saygin, Perihan Ozge
- 134-154 Does early educational tracking increase migrant-native achievement gaps? Differences-in-differences evidence across countries
by Ruhose, Jens & Schwerdt, Guido
- 155-175 Mean and distributional impact of single-sex high schools on students’ cognitive achievement, major choice, and test-taking behavior: Evidence from a random assignment policy in Seoul, Korea
by Sohn, Hosung
- 176-191 Does other people's education make us less happy?
by Nikolaev, Boris
- 192-208 The effect of university attended on graduates’ labour market prospects: A field study of Great Britain
by Drydakis, Nick
- 209-224 Who believes in me? The effect of student–teacher demographic match on teacher expectationsAuthor-Name: Gershenson, Seth
by Holt, Stephen B. & Papageorge, Nicholas W.
- 225-250 Credit constraints in higher education in a context of unobserved heterogeneity
by Rojas, Eugenio & Sánchez, Rafael & Villena, Mauricio G.
- 251-271 Does more general education reduce the risk of future unemployment? Evidence from an expansion of vocational upper secondary education
by Hall, Caroline
- 272-290 Are all schools created equal? Learning environments in small and large public high schools in New York City
by Schwartz, Amy Ellen & Stiefel, Leanna & Wiswall, Matthew
- 291-304 Immigrant student performance in Math: Does it matter where you come from?
by Giannelli, Gianna Claudia & Rapallini, Chiara
2016, Volume 51, Issue C
- 1-3 Access to higher education: Introduction to the special issue
by Scott-Clayton, Judith & Sacerdote, Bruce
- 4-22 Improving college access in the United States: Barriers and policy responses
by Page, Lindsay C. & Scott-Clayton, Judith
- 23-60 The effects of the tax deduction for postsecondary tuition: Implications for structuring tax-based aid
by Hoxby, Caroline M. & Bulman, George B.
- 61-78 Enlist or enroll: Credit constraints, college aid, and the military enlistment margin
by Barr, Andrew
- 79-96 Denying loan access: The student-level consequences when community colleges opt out of the Stafford loan program
by Wiederspan, Mark
- 97-112 Aid for all: College coaching, financial aid, and post-secondary persistence in Tennessee
by Carruthers, Celeste K. & Fox, William F.
- 113-124 Reprint of “Stay late or start early? Experimental evidence on the benefits of college matriculation support from high schools versus colleges”
by Castleman, Benjamin L. & Owen, Laura & Page, Lindsay C.
- 125-135 Reprint of “The relationship between siblings’ college choices: Evidence from one million SAT-taking families”
by Goodman, Joshua & Hurwitz, Michael & Smith, Jonathan & Fox, Julia
- 136-151 (Un)informed college and major choice: Evidence from linked survey and administrative data
by Hastings, Justine S. & Neilson, Christopher A. & Ramirez, Anely & Zimmerman, Seth D.
- 152-168 The costs and benefits of enrolling in an academically matched college
by Howell, Jessica S. & Pender, Matea
- 169-184 The returns to higher education for marginal students: Evidence from Colorado Welfare recipients
by Turner, Lesley J.
2016, Volume 50, Issue C
- 1-16 English language premium: Evidence from a policy experiment in India
by Chakraborty, Tanika & Bakshi, Shilpi Kapur
- 17-28 Local unemployment and the timing of post-secondary schooling
by Sievertsen, Hans Henrik
- 29-44 The link between East Asian ‘mastery’ teaching methods and English children's mathematics skills
by Jerrim, John & Vignoles, Anna
- 45-62 The effects of changes in kindergarten entry age policies on educational achievement
by Fletcher, Jason & Kim, Taehoon
- 63-74 Knowledge decay between semesters
by Dills, Angela & Hernández-Julián, Rey & Rotthoff, Kurt W.
- 75-89 Estimating the impact of language of instruction in South African primary schools: A fixed effects approach
by Taylor, Stephen & von Fintel, Marisa
- 90-112 Adjusting content to individual student needs: Further evidence from an in-service teacher training program
by Bouguen, Adrien
- 113-126 Can incentives for parents and students change educational inputs? Experimental evidence from summer school
by Martorell, Paco & Miller, Trey & Santibañez, Lucrecia & Augustine, Catherine H.
2015, Volume 49, Issue C
- 1-14 Do completed college majors respond to changes in wages?
by Long, Mark C. & Goldhaber, Dan & Huntington-Klein, Nick
- 15-23 The publication of school rankings: A step toward increased accountability?
by Nunes, Luis C. & Reis, Ana Balcão & Seabra, Carmo
- 24-41 Skills and the graduate recruitment process: Evidence from two discrete choice experiments
by Humburg, Martin & van der Velden, Rolf
- 42-54 Changing salary structure and faculty composition within business schools: Differences across sectors and state funding levels
by Cheslock, John J. & Callie, Trina M.
- 55-68 Do administrators respond to their accountability ratings? The response of school budgets to accountability grades
by Craig, Steven G. & Imberman, Scott A. & Perdue, Adam
- 69-90 Returns to education in developing countries: Evidence from the living standards and measurement study surveys
by Peet, Evan D. & Fink, Günther & Fawzi, Wafaie
- 91-109 Away, but not too far from home. The effects of financial aid on university enrolment decisions
by Vergolini, Loris & Zanini, Nadir
- 110-128 The impact of classroom peers in a streaming system
by Vardardottir, Arna
- 129-141 Education and regional mobility in Europe
by Weiss, Christoph T.
- 142-156 What about the non-completers? The labor market returns to progress in community college
by Zeidenberg, Matthew & Scott, Marc & Belfield, Clive
- 157-171 The effect of multi-track year-round academic calendars on property values: Evidence from district imposed school calendar conversions
by Depro, Brooks & Rouse, Kathryn
- 172-179 Why do good performing students highly rate their instructors? Evidence from a natural experiment
by Cho, Donghun & Baek, Wonyoung & Cho, Joonmo
- 180-192 Disruptive peers and the estimation of teacher value added
by Horoi, Irina & Ost, Ben
- 193-215 Health and education expansion
by James, Jonathan
2015, Volume 48, Issue C
- 1-15 The impact of school management practices on educational performance: Evidence from public schools in São Paulo
by Tavares, Priscilla Albuquerque
- 16-29 Effective teaching in elementary mathematics: Identifying classroom practices that support student achievement
by Blazar, David
- 30-40 The impact of time between cognitive tasks on performance: Evidence from advanced placement exams
by Pope, Devin G. & Fillmore, Ian
- 41-55 Systematic differences across evaluation schemes and educational choice
by Rangvid, Beatrice Schindler
- 56-74 Educational attainment in the OECD, 1960–2010. Updated series and a comparison with other sources
by de la Fuente, Angel & Doménech, Rafael
- 75-85 The relationship between siblings’ college choices: Evidence from one million SAT-taking families
by Goodman, Joshua & Hurwitz, Michael & Smith, Jonathan & Fox, Julia
- 86-101 The distribution and mobility of effective teachers: Evidence from a large, urban school district
by Steele, Jennifer L. & Pepper, Matthew J. & Springer, Matthew G. & Lockwood, J.R.
- 102-116 The causal effect of schooling on smoking behavior
by Silles, Mary
- 117-128 Are females scared of competing with males? Results from a field experiment
by De Paola, Maria & Gioia, Francesca & Scoppa, Vincenzo
- 129-147 Money changes everything? Education and regional deprivation revisited
by Ferguson, Neil T.N. & Michaelsen, Maren M.
- 148-164 Student satisfaction, league tables and university applications: Evidence from Britain
by Gibbons, Stephen & Neumayer, Eric & Perkins, Richard
- 165-183 The impact of a vocational education program for childcare providers on children's well-being
by Bernal, Raquel
- 184-197 Does intensive coaching reduce school dropout? Evidence from a randomized experiment
by van der Steeg, Marc & van Elk, Roel & Webbink, Dinand
- 198-207 The effects of a dedicated education savings account on children's college graduation
by Nam, Jaehyun & Ansong, David
- 208-223 The impact of teachers’ unions on educational outcomes: What we know and what we need to learn
by Cowen, Joshua M. & Strunk, Katharine O.
2015, Volume 47, Issue C
- 1-16 The role of maternal education in child health: Evidence from a compulsory schooling law
by Güneş, Pınar Mine
- 17-33 Dynamics of the black–white gap in academic achievement
by McDonough, Ian K.
- 34-48 Does computer-assisted learning improve learning outcomes? Evidence from a randomized experiment in migrant schools in Beijing
by Lai, Fang & Luo, Renfu & Zhang, Linxiu & Huang, Xinzhe & Rozelle, Scott
- 49-63 The underutilized potential of teacher-to-parent communication: Evidence from a field experiment
by Kraft, Matthew A. & Rogers, Todd
- 64-79 The role of paternal risk attitudes in long-run education outcomes and intergenerational mobility
by Huebener, Mathias
- 80-99 The impact of guaranteed tuition policies on postsecondary tuition levels: A difference-in-difference approach
by Delaney, Jennifer A. & Kearney, Tyler D.
- 100-117 The intergenerational transmission of schooling: Are mothers really less important than fathers?
by Amin, Vikesh & Lundborg, Petter & Rooth, Dan-Olof
- 118-127 Determining student satisfaction: An economic analysis of the National Student Survey
by Lenton, Pamela
- 128-142 The achievement and course-taking effects of magnet schools: Regression-discontinuity evidence from urban China
by Dee, Thomas & Lan, Xiaohuan
- 143-167 Towards an optimal teacher salary schedule: Designing base salary to attract and retain effective teachers
by Hendricks, Matthew D.
- 168-179 Stay late or start early? Experimental evidence on the benefits of college matriculation support from high schools versus colleges
by Castleman, Benjamin L. & Owen, Laura & Page, Lindsay C.
- 180-195 Value-added modeling: A review
by Koedel, Cory & Mihaly, Kata & Rockoff, Jonah E.
2015, Volume 46, Issue C
- 1-22 Do the maths: An analysis of the gender gap in mathematics in Africa
by Dickerson, Andy & McIntosh, Steven & Valente, Christine
- 23-38 Brazil's Bolsa Familia: Does it work for adolescents and do they work less for it?
by Reynolds, Sarah Anne
- 39-51 Missed signals: The effect of ACT college-readiness measures on post-secondary decisions
by Foote, Andrew & Schulkind, Lisa & Shapiro, Teny M.
- 52-63 Can you leave high school behind?
by Black, Sandra E. & Lincove, Jane & Cullinane, Jennifer & Veron, Rachel
- 64-77 Does classroom time matter?
by Joyce, Ted & Crockett, Sean & Jaeger, David A. & Altindag, Onur & O'Connell, Stephen D.
- 78-97 The effect of the intergenerational transmission of noncognitive skills on student performance
by Mendez, Ildefonso
- 112-126 Grade-specific experience, grade reassignments, and teacher turnover
by Ost, Ben & Schiman, Jeffrey C.
- 127-143 Increasing educational attainment in Egypt: The impact of early childhood care and education
by Krafft, Caroline
- 144-147 High school grades, admissions policies, and the gender gap in college enrollment
by Conger, Dylan
2015, Volume 45, Issue C
- 1-13 Disruptive school peers and student outcomes
by Kristoffersen, Jannie Helene Grøne & Krægpøth, Morten Visby & Nielsen, Helena Skyt & Simonsen, Marianne
- 14-27 Growing the roots of STEM majors: Female math and science high school faculty and the participation of students in STEM
by Bottia, Martha Cecilia & Stearns, Elizabeth & Mickelson, Roslyn Arlin & Moller, Stephanie & Valentino, Lauren
- 28-43 Long-term effects of school size on students’ outcomes
by Humlum, Maria Knoth & Smith, Nina
- 44-52 Representation in the classroom: The effect of own-race teachers on student achievement
by Egalite, Anna J. & Kisida, Brian & Winters, Marcus A.
- 53-63 Why has for-profit colleges’ share of higher education expanded so rapidly? Estimating the responsiveness to labor market changes
by Gilpin, Gregory A. & Saunders, Joseph & Stoddard, Christiana
- 64-75 The differential impact of compulsory schooling laws on school quality in the United States segregated South
by Sansani, Shahar
- 76-88 Does early schooling narrow outcome gaps for advantaged and disadvantaged children?
by Suziedelyte, Agne & Zhu, Anna
- 89-102 An analysis of Stafford loan repayment burdens
by Chapman, Bruce & Lounkaew, Kiatanantha
- 103-108 Demographic changes and education expenditures: A reinterpretation
by Kurban, Haydar & Gallagher, Ryan M. & Persky, Joseph J.
2015, Volume 44, Issue C
- 1-16 Accountability incentives and academic achievement: Distributional impacts of accountability when standards are set low
by Richardson, J.T.
- 17-28 Screening mechanisms and student responses in the college market
by Smith, Jonathan & Hurwitz, Michael & Howell, Jessica
- 29-41 All work and no play? The effects of ability sorting on students’ non-school inputs, time use, and grade anxiety
by Wang, Liang Choon
- 42-55 The medium-term labor market returns to community college awards: Evidence from North Carolina
by Liu, Vivian Y.T. & Belfield, Clive R. & Trimble, Madeline J.
- 56-82 How learning a musical instrument affects the development of skills
by Hille, Adrian & Schupp, Jürgen
- 83-99 Do cognitive skills moderate the influence of neighborhood disadvantage on subsequent educational attainment?
by Aughinbaugh, Alison & Rothstein, Donna S.
- 100-113 Horseshoes, hand grenades, and treatment effects? Reassessing whether nonexperimental estimators are biased
by Fortson, Kenneth & Gleason, Philip & Kopa, Emma & Verbitsky-Savitz, Natalya
- 114-125 Performance pay, test scores, and student learning objectives
by Balch, Ryan & Springer, Matthew G.
2014, Volume 43, Issue C
- 1-20 HOPE for community college students: The impact of merit aid on persistence, graduation, and earnings
by Welch, Jilleah G.
- 21-35 Localized competition in the non-resident student market
by Gonzalez Canche, Manuel Sacramento
- 36-46 Compulsory schooling, education, depression and memory: New evidence from SHARELIFE
by Crespo, Laura & López-Noval, Borja & Mira, Pedro
- 47-65 The effect of personality traits on subject choice and performance in high school: Evidence from an English cohort
by Mendolia, Silvia & Walker, Ian
- 66-78 Money for nothing: Estimating the impact of student aid on participation in higher education
by Dearden, Lorraine & Fitzsimons, Emla & Wyness, Gill
- 79-90 The faculty Flutie factor: Does football performance affect a university's US News and World Report peer assessment score?
by Mulholland, Sean E. & Tomic, Aleksandar (Sasha) & Sholander, Samuel N.
- 91-105 The costs of failure: Negative externalities in high school course repetition
by Hill, Andrew J.
- 106-124 Knocking on the door to the teaching profession? Modeling the entry of prospective teachers into the workforce
by Goldhaber, Dan & Krieg, John & Theobald, Roddy
- 125-140 The labor market returns to a for-profit college education
by Cellini, Stephanie Riegg & Chaudhary, Latika
- 141-147 The impact of college football on academic achievement
by Hernández-Julián, Rey & Rotthoff, Kurt W.
2014, Volume 42, Issue C
- 1-11 Investigating the effects of furloughing public school teachers on juvenile crime in Hawaii
by Akee, Randall Q. & Halliday, Timothy J. & Kwak, Sally
- 12-33 The effects of early tracking on student performance: Evidence from a school reform in Bavaria
by Piopiunik, Marc
- 34-42 Private transfers and college students’ decision to work
by Bachmann, Andreas & Boes, Stefan
- 43-52 Affirmative action bans and college graduation rates
by Hinrichs, Peter
- 53-63 The impact of parental layoff on higher education investment
by Pan, Weixiang & Ost, Ben
- 64-77 Measuring value-added in higher education: Possibilities and limitations in the use of administrative data
by Cunha, Jesse M. & Miller, Trey
- 78-92 Access to college and heterogeneous returns to education in China
by Wang, Xiaojun & Fleisher, Belton M. & Li, Haizheng & Li, Shi
- 93-108 Heterogeneous paths through college: Detailed patterns and relationships with graduation and earnings
by Andrews, Rodney & Li, Jing & Lovenheim, Michael F.
- 109-129 Risks and returns to educational fields – A financial asset approach to vocational and academic education
by Glocker, Daniela & Storck, Johanna
- 130-146 Making it real: The benefits of workplace learning in upper-secondary vocational education and training courses
by Polidano, Cain & Tabasso, Domenico
- 147-164 Measuring the efficiency of teaching activities in Italian universities: An information theoretic approach
by Laureti, Tiziana & Secondi, Luca & Biggeri, Luigi
- 165-174 Estimating the relationship between calculated financial need and actual aid received using quarter of birth instruments
by Shao, Ling
2014, Volume 41, Issue C
- 1-13 Does working during higher education affect students’ academic progression?
by Triventi, Moris
- 14-23 The effects of tuition fees on transition from high school to university in Germany
by Bruckmeier, Kerstin & Wigger, Berthold U.
- 24-39 College course scarcity and time to degree
by Kurlaender, Michal & Jackson, Jacob & Howell, Jessica S. & Grodsky, Eric
- 40-54 Determinants of the international mobility of students
by Beine, Michel & Noël, Romain & Ragot, Lionel
- 55-70 Gender ratios at top PhD programs in economics
by Hale, Galina & Regev, Tali
- 71-88 Evaluating students’ evaluations of professors
by Braga, Michela & Paccagnella, Marco & Pellizzari, Michele