Contact information of Elsevier
Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Access and download statisticsTop item:
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help
correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecoedu. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/econedurev .
2020, Volume 75, Issue C
- S0272775717305903 The effects of student composition on teacher turnover: Evidence from an admission reform
by Karbownik, Krzysztof
- S0272775717308038 Does relative grading help male students? Evidence from a field experiment in the classroom
by Czibor, Eszter & Onderstal, Sander & Sloof, Randolph & van Praag, C. Mirjam
- S0272775718307179 Students’ behavioural responses to a fallback option - Evidence from introducing interim degrees in german schools
by Obergruber, Natalie & Zierow, Larissa
- S0272775719300378 What is good for the goose is good for the gander?
by Boggio, Cecilia & Coda Moscarola, Flavia & Gallice, Andrea
- S0272775719300512 Should we sort it out later? The effect of tracking age on long-run outcomes
by Borghans, By Lex & Diris, Ron & Smits, Wendy & de Vries, Jannes
- S0272775719300676 The impact of pay-for-percentile incentive on low-achieving students in rural China
by Chang, Fang & Wang, Huan & Qu, Yaqiong & Zheng, Qiang & Loyalka, Prashant & Sylvia, Sean & Shi, Yaojiang & Dill, Sarah-Eve & Rozelle, Scott
- S0272775719300950 School infrastructure spending and educational outcomes: Evidence from the 2012 earthquake in Northern Italy
by Belmonte, Alessandro & Bove, Vincenzo & D’Inverno, Giovanna & Modica, Marco
- S0272775719301281 Jack-of-all-subjects? The association between individual grade variance and educational attainment
by Sandsør, Astrid Marie Jorde
- S0272775719302183 Language assimilation and performance in achievement tests among Hispanic children in the U.S.: Evidence from a field experiment
by Mukhopadhyay, Sankar
- S0272775719302675 What do student jobs on graduate CVs signal to employers?
by Van Belle, Eva & Caers, Ralf & Cuypers, Laure & De Couck, Marijke & Neyt, Brecht & Van Borm, Hannah & Baert, Stijn
- S0272775719302961 The value of using early-career earnings data in the College Scorecard to guide college choices
by Mabel, Zachary & Libassi, C.J. & Hurwitz, Michael
- S0272775719303796 Are federal student loan accountability regulations effective?
by Lau, Christopher V.
- S0272775719304492 The dropout effects of career pathways: Evidence from California
by Bonilla, Sade
- S0272775719305679 Virtual advising for high-achieving high school students
by Gurantz, Oded & Pender, Matea & Mabel, Zachary & Larson, Cassandra & Bettinger, Eric
- S027277571930531X Does simplifying the college financial aid process matter?
by Narayan, Ayushi
2020, Volume 74, Issue C
- S0272775718301213 The decreased popularity of the teaching sector in the 1970s
by Steingrimsdottir, Herdis
- S0272775718303327 Recruiting and supporting low-income, high-achieving students at flagship universities
by Andrews, Rodney J. & Imberman, Scott A. & Lovenheim, Michael F.
- S0272775718305028 Restricting seniority as a factor in public school district layoffs: Analyzing the impact of state legislation on graduation rates
by Dabbs, Christine M.
- S0272775718305910 Math acceleration in elementary school: Access and effects on student outcomes
by Hemelt, Steven W. & Lenard, Matthew A.
- S0272775718307507 Within-family differences in Head Start participation and parent investment
by Gonzalez, Kathryn E.
- S0272775719300779 What drives the quality of schools in Africa? Disentangling social capital and ethnic divisions
by Hollard, Guillaume & Sene, Omar
- S0272775719300901 Who benefits from selective education? Evidence from elite boarding school admissions
by Shi, Ying
- S0272775719302559 Free lunch for all? The impact of universal school lunch on student misbehavior
by Altindag, Duha T. & Baek, Deokrye & Lee, Hong & Merkle, Jessica
- S0272775719303449 Gender, culture and STEM: Counter-intuitive patterns in Arab society
by Friedman-Sokuler, Naomi & Justman, Moshe
- S0272775719303474 School choice and parents’ preferences for school attributes in Chile
by Hofflinger, Alvaro & Gelber, Denisse & Tellez Cañas, Santiago
2019, Volume 73, Issue C
- v:73:y:2019:i:c:s0272775718306630 An empirical examination of the Bennett hypothesis in law school prices
by Kelchen, Robert
- v:73:y:2019:i:c:s0272775717305551 Does public infrastructure affect human capital? The effect of improved transport connectivity on children's education in the Philippines
by Francisco, Kris A. & Tanaka, Makoto
- v:73:y:2019:i:c:s0272775719301219 Your peers’ parents: Spillovers from parental education
by Fruehwirth, Jane Cooley & Gagete-Miranda, Jessica
- v:73:y:2019:i:c:s0272775719301736 Is the remedy worse than the disease? The impact of teacher remediation on teacher and student performance in Chile
by Lombardi, María
- v:73:y:2019:i:c:s0272775719304108 Any press is good press? The unanticipated effects of Title IX investigations on university outcomes
by Lindo, Jason M. & Marcotte, Dave E. & Palmer, Jane E. & Swensen, Isaac D.
- v:73:y:2019:i:c:s0272775719302791 LGBT students: New evidence on demographics and educational outcomes
by Sansone, Dario
- v:73:y:2019:i:c:s0272775718303972 Primary education expansion and quality of schooling
by Valente, Christine
- v:73:y:2019:i:c:s0272775718306976 Educational equity and teacher discretion effects in high stake exams
by Cornelisz, Ilja & Meeter, Martijn & van Klaveren, Chris
- v:73:y:2019:i:c:s0272775719302717 An experimental evaluation of three teacher quality measures: Value-added, classroom observations, and student surveys
by Bacher-Hicks, Andrew & Chin, Mark J. & Kane, Thomas J. & Staiger, Douglas O.
- v:73:y:2019:i:c:s0272775719301839 Does the healthcare educational market respond to short-run local demand?
by Dillender, Marcus & Friedson, Andrew & Gian, Cong & Simon, Kosali
- v:73:y:2019:i:c:s0272775718306162 Constrained optimisation? Teacher salaries, school resources and student achievement
by Greaves, Ellen & Sibieta, Luke
- v:73:y:2019:i:c:s0272775718307817 Oil discoveries and education provision in the Postbellum South
by Maurer, Stephan E.
- v:73:y:2019:i:c:s0272775719303784 College major, college coursework, and post-college wages
by Light, Audrey & Schreiner, Sydney
- v:73:y:2019:i:c:s0272775719301104 Are men intimidated by highly educated women? Undercover on Tinder
by Neyt, Brecht & Vandenbulcke, Sarah & Baert, Stijn
- v:73:y:2019:i:c:s0272775718306216 Affirmative action in Brazilian universities: Effects on the enrollment of targeted groups
by Vieira, Renato Schwambach & Arends-Kuenning, Mary
- v:73:y:2019:i:c:s0272775718306174 Grading on a curve: When having good peers is not good
by Calsamiglia, Caterina & Loviglio, Annalisa
- v:73:y:2019:i:c:s0272775719300767 Students are almost as effective as professors in university teaching
by Feld, Jan & Salamanca, Nicolás & Zölitz, Ulf
- v:73:y:2019:i:c:s027277571930024x The impact of grade inflation on higher education enrolment and earnings
by Nordin, Martin & Heckley, Gawain & Gerdtham, Ulf
- v:73:y:2019:i:c:s027277571830503x Education savings plans, matching contributions, and household financial allocations: Evidence from a Canadian reform
by Messacar, Derek & Frenette, Marc
- v:73:y:2019:i:c:s027277571830150x Away from home, better at school. The case of a British boarding school
by Foliano, Francesca & Green, Francis & Sartarelli, Marcello
- v:73:y:2019:i:c:s027277571830596x Preschool attendance, schooling, and cognitive skills in East Africa
by Bietenbeck, Jan & Ericsson, Sanna & Wamalwa, Fredrick M.
- v:73:y:2019:i:c:s027277571930189x Labor demand shocks at birth and cognitive achievement during childhood
by Regmi, Krishna & J. Henderson, Daniel
2019, Volume 72, Issue C
- 1-18 The effects of physical education on student fitness, achievement, and behavior
by Packham, Analisa & Street, Brittany
- 19-22 Legal access to alcohol and academic performance: Who is affected?
by Ha, Joung Yeob & Smith, Austin C.
- 23-29 Early intervention in college classes and improved student outcomes
by Gordanier, John & Hauk, William & Sankaran, Chandini
- 30-43 Center-based care for infants and toddlers: The aeioTU randomized trial
by Nores, Milagros & Bernal, Raquel & Barnett, W. Steven
- 44-54 Are school officials held accountable for fiscal stress? Evidence from school district financial intervention systems
by Thompson, Paul N.
- 55-65 Gender stereotypes: The case of MisProfesores.com in Mexico
by Arceo-Gomez, Eva O. & Campos-Vazquez, Raymundo M.
- 66-79 Young, gifted and lazy? The role of ability and labor market prospects in student effort decisions
by Chadi, Adrian & de Pinto, Marco & Schultze, Gabriel
- 80-106 Why Brazil fell behind in college education?
by Binelli, Chiara & Menezes-Filho, Naercio
- 107-120 Effects of adult health interventions at scale on children’s schooling: Evidence from antiretroviral therapy in Zambia
by Lucas, Adrienne M. & Chidothe, Margaret & Wilson, Nicholas L.
- 121-130 Scholarships and student effort: Evidence from Colombia’s Ser Pilo Paga program
by Bernal, Gloria L. & Penney, Jeffrey
- 131-146 Study-group diversity and early college academic outcomes: Experimental evidence from a higher education inclusion program in Peru
by Agurto Adrianzén, Marcos & Fiestas Chevez, Hugo & Nuñez Morales, Wenceslao & Quevedo, Valeria & Vegas Chiyón, Susana
- 147-165 Increased learning or GPA inflation? Evidence from GPA-based university admission in Chile
by Fajnzylber, Eduardo & Lara, Bernardo & León, Tomás
- 166-186 The benefits of adult learning: Work-related training, social capital, and earnings
by Ruhose, Jens & Thomsen, Stephan L. & Weilage, Insa
- 187-203 Compulsory schooling for whom? The role of gender, poverty, and religiosity
by Erten, Bilge & Keskin, Pinar
- 204-218 Snooze or lose: High school start times and academic achievement
by Groen, Jeffrey A. & Pabilonia, Sabrina Wulff
- 219-238 Understanding gender differences in STEM: Evidence from college applications✰
by Delaney, Judith M. & Devereux, Paul J.
- 239-257 Call me educated: Evidence from a mobile phone experiment in Niger✰
by Aker, Jenny C. & Ksoll, Christopher
2019, Volume 71, Issue C
- 7-22 The end of free college in England: Implications for enrolments, equity, and quality
by Murphy, Richard & Scott-Clayton, Judith & Wyness, Gill
- 23-31 Financing higher education in an imperfect world
by Long, Ngo Van
- 32-48 The US college loans system: Lessons from Australia and England
by Barr, Nicholas & Chapman, Bruce & Dearden, Lorraine & Dynarski, Susan
- 49-64 Evaluating and designing student loan systems: An overview of empirical approaches
by Dearden, Lorraine
- 65-82 Income contingent student loan design: Lessons from around the world
by Britton, Jack & van der Erve, Laura & Higgins, Tim
- 83-94 Modelling alternative student loan schemes for Brazil
by Dearden, Lorraine & Nascimento, Paulo Meyer
- 95-108 Repayment burdens of mortgage-style student loans in China and steps toward income-contingent loans
by Cai, Yu & Chapman, Bruce & Wang, Qing
- 109-119 Modelling higher education financing reform for Ireland
by Chapman, Bruce & Doris, Aedín
- 120-134 Student loans in Japan: Current problems and possible solutions
by Armstrong, Shiro & Dearden, Lorraine & Kobayashi, Masayuki & Nagase, Nobuko
- 135-145 How useful are default rates? Borrowers with large balances and student loan repayment
by Looney, Adam & Yannelis, Constantine
2019, Volume 70, Issue C
- 1-19 Monetary substitution of loans, earnings, and need-based aid in postsecondary education: The impact of Pell Grant eligibility
by Evans, Brent J. & Nguyen, Tuan D.
- 20-34 Signaling or better human capital: Evidence from Colombia
by Barrera-Osorio, Felipe & Bayona-Rodríguez, Hernando
- 35-47 School resources and labor market outcomes: Evidence from early twentieth-century Georgia
by Baker, Richard B.
- 48-60 Does education foster trust? Evidence from compulsory schooling reform in the UK
by Yang, Songtao
- 61-74 Does primary school duration matter? Evaluating the consequences of a large Chinese policy experiment
by Eble, Alex & Hu, Feng
- 75-93 Are changes of major major changes? The roles of grades, gender, and preferences in college major switching
by Astorne-Figari, Carmen & Speer, Jamin D.
- 94-108 Inequalities in adolescent learning: Does the timing and persistence of food insecurity at home matter?
by Aurino, Elisabetta & Fledderjohann, Jasmine & Vellakkal, Sukumar
- 109-126 School bus emissions, student health and academic performance
by Austin, Wes & Heutel, Garth & Kreisman, Daniel
- 127-143 The spillover benefits of expanding access to preschool
by Williams, Breyon J.
- 144-158 The STEM requirements of “Non-STEM” jobs: Evidence from UK online vacancy postings
by Grinis, Inna
- 159-172 Moving the classroom to the computer lab: Can online learning with in-person support improve outcomes in community colleges?
by Kozakowski, Whitney
- 173-191 Promoting cognitive and soft skills acquisition in a disadvantaged public school system: Evidence from the Nurture thru Nature randomized experiment
by Jagannathan, Radha & Camasso, Michael J. & Delacalle, Maia
- 192-214 The longer the better? The impact of the 2012 apprenticeship reform in England on achievement and labour market outcomes
by Nafilyan, Vahé & Speckesser, Stefan
2019, Volume 69, Issue C
- 1-24 From high school to the high chair: Education and fertility timing
by James, Jonathan & Vujić, Sunčica
- 25-60 The effects of closing urban schools on students’ academic and behavioral outcomes: Evidence from Philadelphia
by Steinberg, Matthew P. & MacDonald, John M.
- 61-72 The effect of charter schools on districts’ student composition, costs, and efficiency: The case of New York state
by Buerger, Christian & Bifulco, Robert
- 73-93 The effect of introducing a Research Evaluation Exercise on student enrolment: Evidence from Italy
by Biancardi, Daniele & Bratti, Massimiliano
- 94-107 Schooling with learning: The effect of free primary education and mother tongue instruction reforms in Ethiopia
by Chicoine, Luke
- 108-124 Occupational knowledge and educational mobility: Evidence from the introduction of job information centers
by Saniter, Nils & Schnitzlein, Daniel D. & Siedler, Thomas
- 125-137 First impressions in the classroom: How do class characteristics affect student grades and majors?
by Griffith, Amanda L. & Main, Joyce B.
- 138-148 Access to education and political candidacy: Lessons from school openings in Sweden
by Lindgren, Karl-Oskar & Oskarsson, Sven & Persson, Mikael
- 149-154 Has the college wage premium continued to rise? Evidence from multiple U.S. surveys
by Ashworth, Jared & Ransom, Tyler
2019, Volume 68, Issue C
- 1-12 Achievement gains from reconfiguring early schooling: The case of Brazil's primary education reform
by Rosa, Leonardo & Martins, Marcelo & Carnoy, Martin
- 13-22 Returning special education students to regular classrooms: Externalities on peers’ reading scores
by Rangvid, Beatrice Schindler
- 23-26 The gender gap in K-12 educator salaries
by Fox, Daniel & Gmeiner, Michael & Price, Joseph
- 27-37 Admission mechanisms and the mismatch between colleges and students: Evidence from a large administrative dataset from China
by Bo, Shiyu & Liu, Jing & Shiu, Ji-Liang & Song, Yan & Zhou, Sen
- 38-52 Is it good to be LATE? The impact of a preparatory program on upper secondary schooling
by Arendt, Jacob Nielsen & Greve, Jane & Bergqvist, Mikkel
- 53-67 The economic impact of universities: Evidence from across the globe
by Valero, Anna & Van Reenen, John
- 68-88 The effects of youth transition programs on labor market outcomes of youth with disabilities
by Dean, David & Pepper, John & Schmidt, Robert & Stern, Steven
- 89-103 Is the pen mightier than the keyboard? The effect of online testing on measured student achievement
by Backes, Ben & Cowan, James
- 104-121 Which New Yorkers vote with their wallets? The impact of teacher quality data on household sorting, and residential and school demographics
by Rivera Rodas, Elizabeth I.
- 122-135 Better outcomes without increased costs? Effects of Georgia’s University System consolidations
by Russell, Lauren
- 136-147 The effect of preschool participation on intellectual and behavioral disorder diagnoses: Evidence from surveys on children’s health
by Monnet, Jessica
- 148-160 Selective retention bonuses for highly effective teachers in high poverty schools: Evidence from Tennessee
by Swain, Walker A. & Rodriguez, Luis A. & Springer, Matthew G.
- 161-178 Building bridges to life after high school: Contemporary career academies and student outcomes
by Hemelt, Steven W. & Lenard, Matthew A. & Paeplow, Colleen G.
2018, Volume 67, Issue C
- 1-13 Is post-secondary education a safe port and for whom? Evidence from Canadian data
by Alessandrini, Diana
- 14-24 The threat of competition and public school performance: Evidence from Poland
by Bukowski, Paweł & Kobus, Martyna
- 25-39 The role of time preferences in educational decision making
by Kemptner, Daniel & Tolan, Songül
- 40-57 The Effect of Teachers’ Unions on Student Achievement in the Short Run: Evidence from Wisconsin’s Act 10
by Baron, E. Jason
- 58-81 Teacher hiring decisions: How do governments react to an exogenous redistribution of education funds?
by Cruz, Tassia
- 82-93 Gender achievement gaps among Chinese middle school students and the role of teachers’ gender
by Xu, Di & Li, Qiujie
- 94-109 You can't always get what you want: Capacity constraints in a choice-based school system
by Lincove, Jane Arnold & Valant, Jon & Cowen, Joshua M.
- 110-136 Introducing a performance-based component into Jakarta's school grants: What do we know about its impact after three years?
by Al-Samarrai, Samer & Shrestha, Unika & Hasan, Amer & Nakajima, Nozomi & Santoso, Santoso & Wijoyo, Wisnu Harto Adi
- 137-147 Training and changes in job Tasks
by Tamm, Marcus
- 148-157 Aid after enrollment: Impacts of a statewide grant program at public two-year colleges
by Anderson, Drew M. & Goldrick-Rab, Sara
- 158-170 Academic achievement across the day: Evidence from randomized class schedules
by Williams, Kevin M. & Shapiro, Teny Maghakian
- 171-183 Do students benefit from longer school days? Regression discontinuity evidence from Florida's additional hour of literacy instruction
by Figlio, David & Holden, Kristian L. & Ozek, Umut
- 184-206 Teaching styles and achievement: Student and teacher perspectives
by Hidalgo-Cabrillana, Ana & Lopez-Mayan, Cristina
- 207-215 The added value of more accurate predictions for school rankings
by Schiltz, Fritz & Sestito, Paolo & Agasisti, Tommaso & De Witte, Kristof
- 216-234 Learning intensity effects in students’ mental and physical health – Evidence from a large scale natural experiment in Germany
by Hofmann, Sarah & Mühlenweg, Andrea
- 235-253 The effect of multigrade classes on cognitive and non- cognitive skills. Causal evidence exploiting minimum class size rules in Italy✰
by Checchi, Daniele & De Paola, Maria
2018, Volume 66, Issue C
- 1-13 Are two subjects better than one? The effects of developmental English courses on language minority and native English-speaking students’ community college outcomes
by Hodara, Michelle & Xu, Di
- 14-39 The effects of incentives to exercise on student performance in college
by Fricke, Hans & Lechner, Michael & Steinmayr, Andreas
- 40-50 When does it count? The timing of food stamp receipt and educational performance
by Cotti, Chad & Gordanier, John & Ozturk, Orgul
- 51-66 Improving educational and labor outcomes through child labor regulation
by Del Rey, Elena & Jimenez-Martin, Sergi & Vall Castello, Judit
- 67-72 The potential output gains from using optimal teacher incentives: An illustrative calibration of a hidden action model
by Mehta, Nirav
- 73-91 Concentrating efforts on low-performing schools: Impact estimates from a quasi-experimental design
by Barrera-Osorio, Felipe & García, Sandra & Rodríguez, Catherine & Sánchez, Fabio & Arbeláez, Mateo
- 92-103 Parent skills and information asymmetries: Experimental evidence from home visits and text messages in middle and high schools
by Bergman, Peter & Edmond-Verley, Chana & Notario-Risk, Nicole
- 104-113 The effects of making performance information public: Regression discontinuity evidence from Los Angeles teachers
by Bergman, Peter & Hill, Matthew J.
- 114-124 Private schools and student learning achievements in Kenya
by Wamalwa, Fredrick M. & Burns, Justine
- 125-136 Do financial incentives crowd out intrinsic motivation to perform on standardized tests?
by List, John A. & Livingston, Jeffrey A. & Neckermann, Susanne
- 137-141 Why are professors “Poorly paid”?
by Hamermesh, Daniel S.
- 142-153 High times: The effect of medical marijuana laws on student time use
by Chu, Yu-Wei Luke & Gershenson, Seth
- 154-166 Achievement effects from new peers: Who matters to whom?
by McVicar, Duncan & Moschion, Julie & Ryan, Chris
- 167-182 Educational resources and student achievement: Evidence from the Save Harmless provision in New York State
by Gigliotti, Philip & Sorensen, Lucy C.
- 183-190 The effects of relative and absolute age in the measurement of grit from 9th to 12th grade
by Peña, Pablo A. & Duckworth, Angela L.
- 191-205 Understanding and evaluating the SAS® EVAAS® Univariate Response Model (URM) for measuring teacher effectiveness
by Vosters, Kelly N. & Guarino, Cassandra M. & Wooldridge, Jeffrey M.
- 206-222 Do children benefit from universal early childhood education and care? A meta-analysis of evidence from natural experiments
by van Huizen, Thomas & Plantenga, Janneke
- 223-244 Enrollment and degree completion in higher education without admission standards
by Declercq, Koen & Verboven, Frank
2018, Volume 65, Issue C
- 1-17 School closure and educational attainment: Evidence from a market-based system
by Grau, Nicolas & Hojman, Daniel & Mizala, Alejandra
- 18-30 The Effect of Labor Market Information on Community College Students’ Major Choice
by Baker, Rachel & Bettinger, Eric & Jacob, Brian & Marinescu, Ioana
- 31-47 The short-term effects of school consolidation on student achievement: Evidence of disruption?
by Beuchert, Louise & Humlum, Maria Knoth & Nielsen, Helena Skyt & Smith, Nina
- 48-57 Does class size matter for school tracking outcomes after elementary school? Quasi-experimental evidence using administrative panel data from Germany
by Argaw, Bethlehem A. & Puhani, Patrick A.
- 58-92 The impact of college admissions policies on the academic effort of high school students
by Grau, Nicolás
- 93-106 The bad end of the bargain?: Revisiting the relationship between collective bargaining agreements and student achievement
by Marianno, Bradley D. & Strunk, Katharine O.
- 107-125 Boosting school readiness: Should preschool teachers target skills or the whole child?
by Jenkins, Jade M. & Duncan, Greg J. & Auger, Anamarie & Bitler, Marianne & Domina, Thurston & Burchinal, Margaret
- 126-137 Effects of high versus low-quality preschool education: A longitudinal study in Mauritius
by Morabito, Christian & Van de gaer, Dirk & Figueroa, José Luis & Vandenbroeck, Michel
- 138-152 Do bonuses affect teacher staffing and student achievement in high poverty schools? Evidence from an incentive for national board certified teachers in Washington State
by Cowan, James & Goldhaber, Dan
2018, Volume 64, Issue C
- 1-12 A teacher who knows me: The academic benefits of repeat student-teacher matches
by Hill, Andrew J. & Jones, Daniel B.
- 13-30 The rising cost of child care in the United States: A reassessment of the evidence
by Herbst, Chris M.
- 31-39 Juvenile crime and the four-day school week
by Fischer, Stefanie & Argyle, Daniel
- 40-49 Are good researchers also good teachers? The relationship between research quality and teaching quality
by Palali, Ali & van Elk, Roel & Bolhaar, Jonneke & Rud, Iryna
- 50-74 Does the precision and stability of value-added estimates of teacher performance depend on the types of students they serve?
by Stacy, Brian & Guarino, Cassandra & Wooldridge, Jeffrey
- 75-89 Do high school sports build or reveal character? Bounding causal estimates of sports participation
by Ransom, Michael R & Ransom, Tyler
- 90-101 Bilingual schooling and earnings: Evidence from a language-in-education reform
by Cappellari, Lorenzo & Di Paolo, Antonio
- 102-113 English proficiency and mathematics test scores of immigrant children in the US
by Fenoll, Ainhoa Aparicio
- 114-128 Tuition fees and student effort at university
by Beneito, P. & Boscá, J.E. & Ferri, J.
- 129-143 The puzzle of missing female engineers: Academic preparation, ability beliefs, and preferences
by Shi, Ying
- 144-164 The contribution of early childhood and schools to cognitive gaps: New evidence from Peru
by Castro, Juan F. & Rolleston, Caine
- 165-183 Do mentoring, information, and nudge reduce the gender gap in economics majors?
by Li, Hsueh-Hsiang
- 184-198 Can UTeach? Assessing the relative effectiveness of STEM teachers
by Backes, Ben & Goldhaber, Dan & Cade, Whitney & Sullivan, Kate & Dodson, Melissa
- 199-213 Exposure to academic fields and college major choice
by Fricke, Hans & Grogger, Jeffrey & Steinmayr, Andreas
- 214-250 Through the looking glass: Can classroom observation and coaching improve teacher performance in Brazil?
by Bruns, Barbara & Costa, Leandro & Cunha, Nina
- 251-260 Measuring teacher non-cognitive skills and its impact on students: Insight from the Measures of Effective Teaching Longitudinal Database
by Cheng, Albert & Zamarro, Gema
- 261-281 Are states winning the fight? Evidence on the impact of state laws on bullying in schools
by Manzella, Julia
- 282-297 Gendered choices of STEM subjects for matriculation are not driven by prior differences in mathematical achievement
by Justman, Moshe & Méndez, Susan J.
- 298-312 How much does teacher quality vary across teacher preparation programs? Reanalyses from six states
by von Hippel, Paul T. & Bellows, Laura
- 313-342 Nudging in education
by Damgaard, Mette Trier & Nielsen, Helena Skyt
2018, Volume 63, Issue C
- 1-19 Admission to higher education programmes and student educational outcomes and earnings–Evidence from Denmark
by Heinesen, Eskil
- 20-30 Stability of income and school attendance among NYC students of low-income families
by Gennetian, Lisa A. & Rodrigues, Christopher & Hill, Heather D. & Morris, Pamela A.
- 31-50 How I met your mother: The effect of school desegregation on birth outcomes
by Shen, Menghan
- 51-63 The effects of computers and acquired skills on earnings, employment and college enrollment: Evidence from a field experiment and California UI earnings records
by Fairlie, Robert W. & Bahr, Peter Riley
- 64-77 Do migrant students affect local students’ academic achievements in urban China?
by Wang, Haining & Cheng, Zhiming & Smyth, Russell
- 78-99 The causal effect of age at migration on youth educational attainment
by Lemmermann, Dominique & Riphahn, Regina T.
- 100-115 A ticket to ride: The unintended consequences of school transport subsidies
by Masi, Barbara
- 116-133 Commuting to educational opportunity? School choice effects of mass transit expansion in Mexico City
by Dustan, Andrew & Ngo, Diana K.L.
- 134-153 Test scores, noncognitive skills and economic growth
by Balart, Pau & Oosterveen, Matthijs & Webbink, Dinand
- 154-166 Early impacts of college aid
by Cáceres-Delpiano, Julio & Giolito, Eugenio & Castillo, Sebastián
- 167-179 Does greater primary school autonomy improve pupil attainment? Evidence from primary school converter academies in England✰
by Regan-Stansfield, Joseph
- 180-193 The impact of state-mandated Advanced Placement programs on student outcomes
by Arce-Trigatti, Paula
2018, Volume 62, Issue C
- 1-11 General versus vocational education: Lessons from a quasi-experiment in Croatia
by Zilic, Ivan
- 12-15 Class meeting frequency, start times, and academic performance
by Cotti, Chad & Gordanier, John & Ozturk, Orgul
- 16-34 Competencies, occupational status, and earnings among European university graduates
by Blázquez, Maite & Herrarte, Ainhoa & Llorente-Heras, Raquel
- 35-47 Do single-sex schools enhance students’ STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) outcomes?
by Park, Hyunjoon & Behrman, Jere R. & Choi, Jaesung
- 48-65 The common core conundrum: To what extent should we worry that changes to assessments will affect test-based measures of teacher performance?
by Backes, Ben & Cowan, James & Goldhaber, Dan & Koedel, Cory & Miller, Luke C. & Xu, Zeyu
- 66-81 Smart but unhappy: Independent-school competition and the wellbeing-efficiency trade-off in education
by Heller-Sahlgren, Gabriel
- 82-90 Does learning trigger learning throughout adulthood? Evidence from training participation of the employed population
by Kramer, Anica & Tamm, Marcus
- 91-103 Does choice increase information? Evidence from online school search behavior
by Lovenheim, Michael F. & Walsh, Patrick
- 104-112 Short and long-term impacts of an increase in graduate funding
by Chandler, Vincent
- 113-128 A classroom experiment on effort allocation under relative grading
by Brownback, Andy
- 129-150 TAKS-ing students? Texas exit exam effects on human capital formation
by Polson, Chester
- 151-161 Nudging study habits: A field experiment on peer tutoring in higher education
by Pugatch, Todd & Wilson, Nicholas
- 162-169 School spirit: Exploring the long-term effects of the U.S. temperance movement on educational attainment
by Francis-Tan, Andrew & Tan, Cheryl & Zhang, Ruhan
- 170-182 Thrivers and divers: Using non-academic measures to predict college success and failure
by Beattie, Graham & Laliberté, Jean-William P. & Oreopoulos, Philip
- 183-191 The evolution of returns to education in the Middle East and North Africa: Evidence from comparable education policy changes in Tunisia
by Pellicer, Miquel
- 192-204 The value of earning for learning: Performance bonuses in immigrant language training
by Åslund, Olof & Engdahl, Mattias
- 205-229 Why do boys and girls make different educational choices? The influence of expected earnings and test scores
by Rapoport, Benoît & Thibout, Claire