Contact information of Elsevier
Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Access and download statisticsTop item:
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help
correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecoedu. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/econedurev .
2018, Volume 64, Issue C
- 1-12 A teacher who knows me: The academic benefits of repeat student-teacher matches
by Hill, Andrew J. & Jones, Daniel B.
- 13-30 The rising cost of child care in the United States: A reassessment of the evidence
by Herbst, Chris M.
- 31-39 Juvenile crime and the four-day school week
by Fischer, Stefanie & Argyle, Daniel
- 40-49 Are good researchers also good teachers? The relationship between research quality and teaching quality
by Palali, Ali & van Elk, Roel & Bolhaar, Jonneke & Rud, Iryna
- 50-74 Does the precision and stability of value-added estimates of teacher performance depend on the types of students they serve?
by Stacy, Brian & Guarino, Cassandra & Wooldridge, Jeffrey
- 75-89 Do high school sports build or reveal character? Bounding causal estimates of sports participation
by Ransom, Michael R & Ransom, Tyler
- 90-101 Bilingual schooling and earnings: Evidence from a language-in-education reform
by Cappellari, Lorenzo & Di Paolo, Antonio
- 102-113 English proficiency and mathematics test scores of immigrant children in the US
by Fenoll, Ainhoa Aparicio
- 114-128 Tuition fees and student effort at university
by Beneito, P. & Boscá, J.E. & Ferri, J.
- 129-143 The puzzle of missing female engineers: Academic preparation, ability beliefs, and preferences
by Shi, Ying
- 144-164 The contribution of early childhood and schools to cognitive gaps: New evidence from Peru
by Castro, Juan F. & Rolleston, Caine
- 165-183 Do mentoring, information, and nudge reduce the gender gap in economics majors?
by Li, Hsueh-Hsiang
- 184-198 Can UTeach? Assessing the relative effectiveness of STEM teachers
by Backes, Ben & Goldhaber, Dan & Cade, Whitney & Sullivan, Kate & Dodson, Melissa
- 199-213 Exposure to academic fields and college major choice
by Fricke, Hans & Grogger, Jeffrey & Steinmayr, Andreas
- 214-250 Through the looking glass: Can classroom observation and coaching improve teacher performance in Brazil?
by Bruns, Barbara & Costa, Leandro & Cunha, Nina
- 251-260 Measuring teacher non-cognitive skills and its impact on students: Insight from the Measures of Effective Teaching Longitudinal Database
by Cheng, Albert & Zamarro, Gema
- 261-281 Are states winning the fight? Evidence on the impact of state laws on bullying in schools
by Manzella, Julia
- 282-297 Gendered choices of STEM subjects for matriculation are not driven by prior differences in mathematical achievement
by Justman, Moshe & Méndez, Susan J.
- 298-312 How much does teacher quality vary across teacher preparation programs? Reanalyses from six states
by von Hippel, Paul T. & Bellows, Laura
- 313-342 Nudging in education
by Damgaard, Mette Trier & Nielsen, Helena Skyt
2018, Volume 63, Issue C
- 1-19 Admission to higher education programmes and student educational outcomes and earnings–Evidence from Denmark
by Heinesen, Eskil
- 20-30 Stability of income and school attendance among NYC students of low-income families
by Gennetian, Lisa A. & Rodrigues, Christopher & Hill, Heather D. & Morris, Pamela A.
- 31-50 How I met your mother: The effect of school desegregation on birth outcomes
by Shen, Menghan
- 51-63 The effects of computers and acquired skills on earnings, employment and college enrollment: Evidence from a field experiment and California UI earnings records
by Fairlie, Robert W. & Bahr, Peter Riley
- 64-77 Do migrant students affect local students’ academic achievements in urban China?
by Wang, Haining & Cheng, Zhiming & Smyth, Russell
- 78-99 The causal effect of age at migration on youth educational attainment
by Lemmermann, Dominique & Riphahn, Regina T.
- 100-115 A ticket to ride: The unintended consequences of school transport subsidies
by Masi, Barbara
- 116-133 Commuting to educational opportunity? School choice effects of mass transit expansion in Mexico City
by Dustan, Andrew & Ngo, Diana K.L.
- 134-153 Test scores, noncognitive skills and economic growth
by Balart, Pau & Oosterveen, Matthijs & Webbink, Dinand
- 154-166 Early impacts of college aid
by Cáceres-Delpiano, Julio & Giolito, Eugenio & Castillo, Sebastián
- 167-179 Does greater primary school autonomy improve pupil attainment? Evidence from primary school converter academies in England✰
by Regan-Stansfield, Joseph
- 180-193 The impact of state-mandated Advanced Placement programs on student outcomes
by Arce-Trigatti, Paula
2018, Volume 62, Issue C
- 1-11 General versus vocational education: Lessons from a quasi-experiment in Croatia
by Zilic, Ivan
- 12-15 Class meeting frequency, start times, and academic performance
by Cotti, Chad & Gordanier, John & Ozturk, Orgul
- 16-34 Competencies, occupational status, and earnings among European university graduates
by Blázquez, Maite & Herrarte, Ainhoa & Llorente-Heras, Raquel
- 35-47 Do single-sex schools enhance students’ STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) outcomes?
by Park, Hyunjoon & Behrman, Jere R. & Choi, Jaesung
- 48-65 The common core conundrum: To what extent should we worry that changes to assessments will affect test-based measures of teacher performance?
by Backes, Ben & Cowan, James & Goldhaber, Dan & Koedel, Cory & Miller, Luke C. & Xu, Zeyu
- 66-81 Smart but unhappy: Independent-school competition and the wellbeing-efficiency trade-off in education
by Heller-Sahlgren, Gabriel
- 82-90 Does learning trigger learning throughout adulthood? Evidence from training participation of the employed population
by Kramer, Anica & Tamm, Marcus
- 91-103 Does choice increase information? Evidence from online school search behavior
by Lovenheim, Michael F. & Walsh, Patrick
- 104-112 Short and long-term impacts of an increase in graduate funding
by Chandler, Vincent
- 113-128 A classroom experiment on effort allocation under relative grading
by Brownback, Andy
- 129-150 TAKS-ing students? Texas exit exam effects on human capital formation
by Polson, Chester
- 151-161 Nudging study habits: A field experiment on peer tutoring in higher education
by Pugatch, Todd & Wilson, Nicholas
- 162-169 School spirit: Exploring the long-term effects of the U.S. temperance movement on educational attainment
by Francis-Tan, Andrew & Tan, Cheryl & Zhang, Ruhan
- 170-182 Thrivers and divers: Using non-academic measures to predict college success and failure
by Beattie, Graham & Laliberté, Jean-William P. & Oreopoulos, Philip
- 183-191 The evolution of returns to education in the Middle East and North Africa: Evidence from comparable education policy changes in Tunisia
by Pellicer, Miquel
- 192-204 The value of earning for learning: Performance bonuses in immigrant language training
by Åslund, Olof & Engdahl, Mattias
- 205-229 Why do boys and girls make different educational choices? The influence of expected earnings and test scores
by Rapoport, Benoît & Thibout, Claire
- 230-253 Let the girls learn! It is not only about math … it's about gender social norms
by Rodríguez-Planas, Núria & Nollenberger, Natalia
- 254-266 The new school advantage? Examining the effects of strategic new school openings on student achievement
by Hashim, Ayesha K. & Strunk, Katharine O. & Marsh, Julie A.
- 267-286 Internationally comparable mathematics scores for fourteen african countries
by Sandefur, Justin
- 287-301 The role of information in the application for highly selective scholarships: Evidence from a randomized field experiment
by Herber, Stefanie P.
- 302-320 School turnaround in North Carolina: A regression discontinuity analysis
by Heissel, Jennifer A. & Ladd, Helen F.
2017, Volume 61, Issue C
- 1-8 Improving teaching quality through training: Evidence from the Caucasus
by Ome, Alejandro & Menendez, Alicia & Elise Le, Huyen
- 9-18 Why does teacher gender matter?
by Sansone, Dario
- 19-34 The effects of Montessori education: Evidence from admission lotteries
by Ruijs, Nienke
- 35-50 Teachers’ unions and school performance: Evidence from California charter schools
by Matsudaira, Jordan D. & Patterson, Richard W.
- 51-58 What happens when econometrics and psychometrics collide? An example using the PISA data
by Jerrim, John & Lopez-Agudo, Luis Alejandro & Marcenaro-Gutierrez, Oscar D. & Shure, Nikki
- 59-78 Tracking and the intergenerational transmission of education: Evidence from a natural experiment
by Lange, Simon & von Werder, Marten
- 79-84 A self-reference problem in test score normalization
by Penney, Jeffrey
- 85-97 The effect of Vietnam-era conscription and genetic potential for educational attainment on schooling outcomes
by Schmitz, Lauren L. & Conley, Dalton
- 98-111 Can learning communities boost success of women and minorities in STEM? Evidence from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology
by Russell, Lauren
- 112-129 What's in a teacher test? Assessing the relationship between teacher licensure test scores and student STEM achievement and course-taking
by Goldhaber, Dan & Gratz, Trevor & Theobald, Roddy
- 130-139 Does the transition into daylight saving time affect students’ performance?
by Herber, Stefanie P. & Quis, Johanna Sophie & Heineck, Guido
- 140-161 A question of degree: The effects of degree class on labor market outcomes
by Feng, Andy & Graetz, Georg
- 162-173 Books or laptops? The effect of shifting from printed to digital delivery of educational content on learning
by Bando, Rosangela & Gallego, Francisco & Gertler, Paul & Fonseca, Dario Romero
- 174-190 Local signals and the returns to foreign education
by Tani, Massimiliano
2017, Volume 60, Issue C
- 1-4 State divestment and tuition at public institutions
by Webber, Douglas A.
- 5-19 Do returns to education depend on how and whom you ask?
by Serneels, Pieter & Beegle, Kathleen & Dillon, Andrew
- 20-35 Fetal malnutrition and academic success: Evidence from Muslim immigrants in Denmark
by Greve, Jane & Schultz-Nielsen, Marie Louise & Tekin, Erdal
- 36-53 Is college remedial education a worthy investment? New evidence from a sharp regression discontinuity design
by Duchini, Emma
- 54-67 Labor market frictions and production efficiency in public schools
by Kim, Dongwoo & Koedel, Cory & Ni, Shawn & Podgursky, Michael
- 68-85 Effects of class size reduction in upper grades: Evidence from Seoul, Korea
by Han, Joseph & Ryu, Keunkwan
- 86-96 Do college admissions counselors discriminate? Evidence from a correspondence-based field experiment
by Hanson, Andrew
- 97-111 No student left behind? Evidence from the Programme for School Guidance in Spain
by Ignacio García-Pérez, J. & Hidalgo-Hidalgo, Marisa
- 112-124 Explaining international differences in wage inequality: Skills matter
by Broecke, Stijn & Quintini, Glenda & Vandeweyer, Marieke
- 125-141 Intended college enrollment and educational inequality: Do students lack information?
by Peter, Frauke H. & Zambre, Vaishali
- 142-158 The Spanish or the German apartment? Study abroad and the acquisition of permanent skills
by Sorrenti, Giuseppe
- 159-167 Are male teachers headed for extinction? The 50-year decline of male teachers in Australia
by McGrath, Kevin F. & Van Bergen, Penny
2017, Volume 59, Issue C
- 1-12 Is education the mechanism through which family background affects economic outcomes? A generalised approach to mediation analysis
by Mendolia, Silvia & Siminski, Peter
- 13-28 Impacts of new school facility construction: An analysis of a state-financed capital subsidy program in Ohio
by Conlin, Michael & Thompson, Paul N.
- 29-42 Acculturational homophily
by Xu, Dafeng
- 43-62 Shying away from demanding tasks? Experimental evidence on gender differences in answering multiple-choice questions
by Riener, Gerhard & Wagner, Valentin
- 63-80 Short-term impacts of an unconditional cash transfer program on child schooling: Experimental evidence from Malawi
by Kilburn, Kelly & Handa, Sudhanshu & Angeles, Gustavo & Mvula, Peter & Tsoka, Maxton
- 81-86 Do learning rates differ by race/ethnicity over kindergarten? Reconciling results across gain score, first-difference, and random effects models
by Quinn, David M. & McIntyre, Joe
- 87-104 Academic salary compression across disciplines and over time
by McDonald, James B. & Sorensen, Jeff
2017, Volume 58, Issue C
- 1-14 Compressing instruction time into fewer years of schooling and the impact on student performance
by Huebener, Mathias & Marcus, Jan
- 15-31 The impact of special needs students on classmate performance
by Ruijs, Nienke
- 32-42 The gender gap in mathematics achievement: Evidence from Italian data
by Contini, Dalit & Tommaso, Maria Laura Di & Mendolia, Silvia
- 43-54 Putting dollars before scholars? Evidence from for-profit charter schools in Florida
by Singleton, John D.
- 55-67 Accountability pressure: Regression discontinuity estimates of how No Child Left Behind influenced student behavior
by Holbein, John B. & Ladd, Helen F.
- 68-85 The effects of class size in online college courses: Experimental evidence
by Bettinger, Eric & Doss, Christopher & Loeb, Susanna & Rogers, Aaron & Taylor, Eric
- 86-107 Effects of differentiated school vouchers: Evidence from a policy change and date of birth cutoffs
by Navarro-Palau, Patricia
- 108-122 Does temporary interruption in postsecondary education induce a wage penalty? Evidence from Canada
by Fortin, Bernard & Ragued, Safa
- 123-140 The impact of an accountability intervention with diagnostic feedback: Evidence from Mexico
by de Hoyos, Rafael & Garcia-Moreno, Vicente A. & Patrinos, Harry Anthony
- 141-161 Objective course placement and college readiness: Evidence from targeted middle school math acceleration
by Dougherty, Shaun M. & Goodman, Joshua S. & Hill, Darryl V. & Litke, Erica G. & Page, Lindsay C.
- 162-174 College prospects and risky behavior among Mexican immigrant youth: The effects of in-state tuition policies on schooling and childbearing
by Koohi, Shiva
- 175-187 The effect of adaptive versus static practicing on student learning - evidence from a randomized field experiment
by van Klaveren, Chris & Vonk, Sebastiaan & Cornelisz, Ilja
2017, Volume 57, Issue C
- 1-9 Risk-sharing and student loan policy: Consequences for students and institutions
by Webber, Douglas A.
- 10-19 The effects of computers on children's social development and school participation: Evidence from a randomized control experiment
by Fairlie, Robert W. & Kalil, Ariel
- 20-30 Workload and teacher absence
by Ost, Ben & Schiman, Jeffrey C.
- 31-40 State affirmative action bans and STEM degree completions
by Hill, Andrew J.
- 41-51 The effects of Greek affiliation on academic performance
by De Donato, Andrew & Thomas, James
- 52-65 The effect of choice options in training curricula on the demand for and supply of apprentices
by Jansen, Anika & de Grip, Andries & Kriechel, Ben
- 66-79 Computers and productivity: Evidence from laptop use in the college classroom
by Patterson, Richard W. & Patterson, Robert M.
- 80-90 Knowledge of earnings risk and major choice: Evidence from an information experiment
by Ruder, Alexander I. & Van Noy, Michelle
- 91-110 The academic progress of Hispanic immigrants
by Hull, Marie C.
2017, Volume 56, Issue C
- 1-8 The influence of height on academic outcomes
by Gorry, Devon
- 9-23 The impact of education on political ideology: Evidence from European compulsory education reforms
by Meyer, Andrew G.
- 24-39 Is it the way they use it? Teachers, ICT and student achievement
by Comi, Simona Lorena & Argentin, Gianluca & Gui, Marco & Origo, Federica & Pagani, Laura
- 40-51 Heterogeneous treatment effects in the low track: Revisiting the Kenyan primary school experiment
by Cummins, Joseph R.
- 52-64 The effect of education on time preferences
by Perez-Arce, Francisco
- 65-79 The information value of central school exams
by Schwerdt, Guido & Woessmann, Ludger
- 80-94 Life-cycle educational choices in a system with early tracking and ‘second chance’ options
by Biewen, Martin & Tapalaga, Madalina
- 95-109 Can targeted information affect academic performance and borrowing behavior for college students? Evidence from administrative data
by Stoddard, Christiana & Urban, Carly & Schmeiser, Maximilian
- 110-117 Are low-performing students more likely to exit charter schools? Evidence from New York City and Denver, Colorado
by Winters, Marcus A. & Clayton, Grant & Carpenter, Dick M.
- 118-132 The impact of computer usage on academic performance: Evidence from a randomized trial at the United States Military Academy
by Carter, Susan Payne & Greenberg, Kyle & Walker, Michael S.
- 133-140 The impact of grade ceilings on student grades and course evaluations: Evidence from a policy change
by Gorry, Devon
- 141-151 Something in the air? Air quality and children's educational outcomes
by Marcotte, Dave E.
- 152-176 Creating winners and losers: Date of birth, relative age in school, and outcomes in childhood and adulthood
by Peña, Pablo A.
2016, Volume 55, Issue C
- 1-20 Motivation and incentives in education: Evidence from a summer reading experiment
by Guryan, Jonathan & Kim, James S. & Park, Kyung H.
- 21-38 Does learning in mother tongue matter? Evidence from a natural experiment in Ethiopia
by Seid, Yared
- 39-56 Should we increase instruction time in low achieving schools? Evidence from Southern Italy
by Battistin, Erich & Meroni, Elena Claudia
- 57-69 The effect of supplemental instruction on academic performance: An encouragement design experiment
by Paloyo, Alfredo R. & Rogan, Sally & Siminski, Peter
- 70-87 Assessing the effect of school days and absences on test score performance
by Aucejo, Esteban M. & Romano, Teresa Foy
- 88-102 The effect of the business cycle at college graduation on fertility
by Hofmann, Barbara & Hohmeyer, Katrin
- 103-116 Title IX and the education of teen mothers
by Guldi, Melanie
- 117-131 Fully integrating upper-secondary vocational and academic courses: A flexible new way?
by Polidano, Cain & Tabasso, Domenico
- 132-148 Dynamic effects of teacher turnover on the quality of instruction
by Hanushek, Eric A. & Rivkin, Steven G. & Schiman, Jeffrey C.
- 149-167 Do educational vouchers reduce inequality and inefficiency in education?
by Akyol, Metin
- 168-181 The impact of universal prekindergarten on family behavior and child outcomes
by Chor, Elise & Andresen, Martin Eckhoff & Kalil, Ariel
- 182-197 Nearly-efficient tuitions and subsidies in American public higher education
by Burer, Samuel & Fethke, Gary
- 198-219 Doing it twice, getting it right? The effects of grade retention and course repetition in higher education
by Tafreschi, Darjusch & Thiemann, Petra
- 220-232 Measuring inflation in grades: An application of price indexing to undergraduate grades
by Hernández-Julián, Rey & Looney, Adam
2016, Volume 54, Issue C
- 1-15 The educational consequences of language proficiency for young children
by Yao, Yuxin & Ohinata, Asako & van Ours, Jan C.
- 16-35 The effects of compulsory military service exemption on education and labor market outcomes: Evidence from a natural experiment
by Torun, Huzeyfe & Tumen, Semih
- 36-61 Time preferences, study effort, and academic performance
by Non, Arjan & Tempelaar, Dirk
- 62-78 Good peers or good teachers? Evidence from a French University
by Brodaty, Thibault & Gurgand, Marc
- 79-94 Gender, ethnicity and teaching evaluations: Evidence from mixed teaching teamsAuthor-Name: Wagner, Natascha
by Rieger, Matthias & Voorvelt, Katherine
- 95-112 Improving academic performance through conditional benefits: Open/closed campus policies in high school and student outcomes
by Lichtman-Sadot, Shirlee
- 113-123 The role of testing noise in the estimation of achievement-based peer effects
by Zhang, Hongliang
- 124-142 Does access to secondary education affect primary schooling? Evidence from India
by Mukhopadhyay, Abhiroop & Sahoo, Soham
- 143-154 The importance of family income in the formation and evolution of non-cognitive skills in childhood
by Fletcher, Jason M. & Wolfe, Barbara
- 155-172 Post-baccalaureate migration and merit-based scholarships
by Fitzpatrick, Maria D. & Jones, Damon
- 173-184 Unintended consequences of rewards for student attendance: Results from a field experiment in Indian classrooms
by Visaria, Sujata & Dehejia, Rajeev & Chao, Melody M. & Mukhopadhyay, Anirban
- 185-210 Gender-differential effects of terrorism on education: The case of the 1981–1993 Punjab insurgency
by Singh, Prakarsh & Shemyakina, Olga N.
- 211-213 Introduction to the Special Issue on Education and Crime
by Anderson, D. Mark & Lochner, Lance
- 214-226 Crime, compulsory schooling laws and educationAuthor-Name: Bell, Brian
by Costa, Rui & Machin, Stephen
- 227-241 The effect of school starting age policy on crime: Evidence from U.S. microdata
by McAdams, John M.
- 242-258 Returns to education in criminal organizations: Did going to college help Michael Corleone?
by Campaniello, Nadia & Gray, Rowena & Mastrobuoni, Giovanni
- 259-273 The effect of degree attainment on arrests: Evidence from a randomized social experiment
by Amin, Vikesh & Flores, Carlos A. & Flores-Lagunes, Alfonso & Parisian, Daniel J.
- 274-305 Separating state dependence, experience, and heterogeneity in a model of youth crime and education
by Mancino, Maria Antonella & Navarro, Salvador & Rivers, David A.
- 306-320 Spillovers from conditional cash transfer programs: Bolsa Família and crime in urban Brazil
by Chioda, Laura & De Mello, João M.P. & Soares, Rodrigo R.
- 321-339 Causal effects of mental health treatment on education outcomes for youth in the justice systemAuthor-Name: Cuellar, Alison
by Dave, Dhaval M.
2016, Volume 53, Issue C
- 1-15 Losing HOPE: Financial aid and the line between college and work
by Carruthers, Celeste K. & Özek, Umut
- 16-30 The Impact of Education Tax Benefits on College Completion
by Elsayed, Mahmoud A.A.
- 31-45 Teacher quality differences between teacher preparation programs: How big? How reliable? Which programs are different?
by von Hippel, Paul T. & Bellows, Laura & Osborne, Cynthia & Lincove, Jane Arnold & Mills, Nick
- 46-71 Can a summer make a difference? The impact of the American Economic Association Summer Program on minority student outcomesAuthor-Name: Becker, Charles M
by Rouse, Cecilia Elena & Chen, Mingyu
- 72-86 Educational mobility across three generations of American women
by Kroeger, Sarah & Thompson, Owen
- 87-98 The effects of universal state pre-kindergarten on the child care sector: The case of Florida's voluntary pre-kindergarten programAuthor-Name: Bassok, Daphna
by Miller, Luke C. & Galdo, Eva
- 99-115 The relative benefits of live versus online delivery: Evidence from virtual algebra I in North Carolina
by Heissel, Jennifer
- 116-132 Bilingual education in Peru: Evidence on how Quechua-medium education affects indigenous children's academic achievement
by Hynsjö, Disa & Damon, Amy
- 133-142 Do schools discriminate against homosexual parents? Evidence from a randomized correspondence experiment
by Diaz-Serrano, Luis & Meix-Llop, Enric
- 143-158 Does Investing in School Capital Infrastructure Improve Student Achievement?
by Hong, Kai & Zimmer, Ron
- 159-163 “(Un)informed College and Major Choice”: Verification in an alternate setting
by Huntington-Klein, Nick
- 164-181 Kindergarten for all: Long run effects of a universal intervention
by Drange, Nina & Havnes, Tarjei & Sandsør, Astrid M.J.
- 182-193 How does education affect adolescents’ political development?
by Persson, Mikael & Lindgren, Karl-Oskar & Oskarsson, Sven
- 194-206 Do `Skills Beget Skills'? Evidence on the effect of kindergarten entrance age on the evolution of cognitive and non-cognitive skill gaps in childhoodAuthor-Name: Lubotsky, Darren
by Kaestner, Robert
- 207-216 Student loans or marriage? A look at the highly educated
by Gicheva, Dora
- 217-229 Academic performance and type of early childhood care
by Datta Gupta, Nabanita & Simonsen, Marianne
- 230-253 Gender streaming and prior achievement in high school science and mathematics
by Friedman-Sokuler, Naomi & Justman, Moshe
- 254-267 Estimating the education-earnings equation using geographic variation
by Doyle, William R. & Skinner, Benjamin T.
- 268-283 Public or private? The influence of immigration on native schooling choices in the United States
by Murray, Thomas J.
- 284-295 An evaluation of the Mellon Mays Undergraduate Fellowship's effect on PhD production at non-UNCF institutions
by Prenovitz, Sarah J. & Cohen, Gary R. & Ehrenberg, Ronald G. & Jakubson, George H.
- 296-310 Are college costs worth it? How ability, major, and debt affect the returns to schooling
by Webber, Douglas A.
- 311-328 The Marginal effect of K-12 English language development programs: Evidence from Los Angeles Schools
by Pope, Nolan G.
2016, Volume 52, Issue C
- 1-18 Should student employment be subsidized? Conditional counterfactuals and the outcomes of work-study participation
by Scott-Clayton, Judith & Minaya, Veronica
- 19-28 Class size and teacher effects in higher education
by Sapelli, Claudio & Illanes, Gastón
- 29-50 Why has wage inequality evolved so differently between Japan and the US? The role of the supply of college-educated workers
by Kawaguchi, Daiji & Mori, Yuko
- 51-62 The returns to voucher-financed training on wages, employment and job tasks
by Görlitz, Katja & Tamm, Marcus
- 63-76 When inputs are outputs: The case of graduate student instructorsAuthor-Name: Bettinger, Eric P
by Long, Bridget Terry & Taylor, Eric S.
- 91-104 The differential effects of competitive funding on the production frontier and the efficiency of universities
by Bolli, Thomas & Olivares, Maria & Bonaccorsi, Andrea & Daraio, Cinzia & Aracil, Adela Garcia & Lepori, Benedetto
- 105-119 When you say nothing at all: The predictive power of student effort on surveysAuthor-Name: Hitt, Collin
by Trivitt, Julie & Cheng, Albert
- 120-133 Gender differences in preferences for taking risk in college applications
by Saygin, Perihan Ozge
- 134-154 Does early educational tracking increase migrant-native achievement gaps? Differences-in-differences evidence across countries
by Ruhose, Jens & Schwerdt, Guido
- 155-175 Mean and distributional impact of single-sex high schools on students’ cognitive achievement, major choice, and test-taking behavior: Evidence from a random assignment policy in Seoul, Korea
by Sohn, Hosung
- 176-191 Does other people's education make us less happy?
by Nikolaev, Boris
- 192-208 The effect of university attended on graduates’ labour market prospects: A field study of Great Britain
by Drydakis, Nick
- 209-224 Who believes in me? The effect of student–teacher demographic match on teacher expectationsAuthor-Name: Gershenson, Seth
by Holt, Stephen B. & Papageorge, Nicholas W.
- 225-250 Credit constraints in higher education in a context of unobserved heterogeneity
by Rojas, Eugenio & Sánchez, Rafael & Villena, Mauricio G.
- 251-271 Does more general education reduce the risk of future unemployment? Evidence from an expansion of vocational upper secondary education
by Hall, Caroline
- 272-290 Are all schools created equal? Learning environments in small and large public high schools in New York City
by Schwartz, Amy Ellen & Stiefel, Leanna & Wiswall, Matthew
- 291-304 Immigrant student performance in Math: Does it matter where you come from?
by Giannelli, Gianna Claudia & Rapallini, Chiara
2016, Volume 51, Issue C
- 1-3 Access to higher education: Introduction to the special issue
by Scott-Clayton, Judith & Sacerdote, Bruce
- 4-22 Improving college access in the United States: Barriers and policy responses
by Page, Lindsay C. & Scott-Clayton, Judith
- 23-60 The effects of the tax deduction for postsecondary tuition: Implications for structuring tax-based aid
by Hoxby, Caroline M. & Bulman, George B.
- 61-78 Enlist or enroll: Credit constraints, college aid, and the military enlistment margin
by Barr, Andrew
- 79-96 Denying loan access: The student-level consequences when community colleges opt out of the Stafford loan program
by Wiederspan, Mark
- 97-112 Aid for all: College coaching, financial aid, and post-secondary persistence in Tennessee
by Carruthers, Celeste K. & Fox, William F.