Economics of Education Review
2014, Volume 43, Issue C
- 1-20 HOPE for community college students: The impact of merit aid on persistence, graduation, and earnings
by Welch, Jilleah G.
- 21-35 Localized competition in the non-resident student market
by Gonzalez Canche, Manuel Sacramento
- 36-46 Compulsory schooling, education, depression and memory: New evidence from SHARELIFE
by Crespo, Laura & López-Noval, Borja & Mira, Pedro
- 47-65 The effect of personality traits on subject choice and performance in high school: Evidence from an English cohort
by Mendolia, Silvia & Walker, Ian
- 66-78 Money for nothing: Estimating the impact of student aid on participation in higher education
by Dearden, Lorraine & Fitzsimons, Emla & Wyness, Gill
- 79-90 The faculty Flutie factor: Does football performance affect a university's US News and World Report peer assessment score?
by Mulholland, Sean E. & Tomic, Aleksandar (Sasha) & Sholander, Samuel N.
- 91-105 The costs of failure: Negative externalities in high school course repetition
by Hill, Andrew J.
- 106-124 Knocking on the door to the teaching profession? Modeling the entry of prospective teachers into the workforce
by Goldhaber, Dan & Krieg, John & Theobald, Roddy
- 125-140 The labor market returns to a for-profit college education
by Cellini, Stephanie Riegg & Chaudhary, Latika
- 141-147 The impact of college football on academic achievement
by Hernández-Julián, Rey & Rotthoff, Kurt W.
2014, Volume 42, Issue C
- 1-11 Investigating the effects of furloughing public school teachers on juvenile crime in Hawaii
by Akee, Randall Q. & Halliday, Timothy J. & Kwak, Sally
- 12-33 The effects of early tracking on student performance: Evidence from a school reform in Bavaria
by Piopiunik, Marc
- 34-42 Private transfers and college students’ decision to work
by Bachmann, Andreas & Boes, Stefan
- 43-52 Affirmative action bans and college graduation rates
by Hinrichs, Peter
- 53-63 The impact of parental layoff on higher education investment
by Pan, Weixiang & Ost, Ben
- 64-77 Measuring value-added in higher education: Possibilities and limitations in the use of administrative data
by Cunha, Jesse M. & Miller, Trey
- 78-92 Access to college and heterogeneous returns to education in China
by Wang, Xiaojun & Fleisher, Belton M. & Li, Haizheng & Li, Shi
- 93-108 Heterogeneous paths through college: Detailed patterns and relationships with graduation and earnings
by Andrews, Rodney & Li, Jing & Lovenheim, Michael F.
- 109-129 Risks and returns to educational fields – A financial asset approach to vocational and academic education
by Glocker, Daniela & Storck, Johanna
- 130-146 Making it real: The benefits of workplace learning in upper-secondary vocational education and training courses
by Polidano, Cain & Tabasso, Domenico
- 147-164 Measuring the efficiency of teaching activities in Italian universities: An information theoretic approach
by Laureti, Tiziana & Secondi, Luca & Biggeri, Luigi
- 165-174 Estimating the relationship between calculated financial need and actual aid received using quarter of birth instruments
by Shao, Ling
2014, Volume 41, Issue C
- 1-13 Does working during higher education affect students’ academic progression?
by Triventi, Moris
- 14-23 The effects of tuition fees on transition from high school to university in Germany
by Bruckmeier, Kerstin & Wigger, Berthold U.
- 24-39 College course scarcity and time to degree
by Kurlaender, Michal & Jackson, Jacob & Howell, Jessica S. & Grodsky, Eric
- 40-54 Determinants of the international mobility of students
by Beine, Michel & Noël, Romain & Ragot, Lionel
- 55-70 Gender ratios at top PhD programs in economics
by Hale, Galina & Regev, Tali
- 71-88 Evaluating students’ evaluations of professors
by Braga, Michela & Paccagnella, Marco & Pellizzari, Michele
- 89-104 Do children spend too much time in schools? Evidence from a longer school year in Indonesia
by Parinduri, Rasyad A.
- 105-119 The impact of community schools on student dropout in pre-vocational education
by Heers, Marieke & Van Klaveren, Chris & Groot, Wim & van den Brink, Henriëtte Maassen
- 120-136 Incentives for teacher relocation: Evidence from the Gambian hardship allowance
by Pugatch, Todd & Schroeder, Elizabeth
- 137-160 The distributional impacts of a universal school reform on mathematical achievements: A natural experiment from Canada
by Haeck, Catherine & Lefebvre, Pierre & Merrigan, Philip
- 161-175 Local human capital externalities and wages at the firm level: Evidence from Italian manufacturing
by Bratti, Massimiliano & Leombruni, Roberto
- 176-187 Gender gaps in primary school achievement
by Golsteyn, Bart H.H. & Schils, Trudie
2014, Volume 40, Issue C
- 1-24 Reading to young children: A head-start in life?
by Kalb, Guyonne & van Ours, Jan C.
- 25-42 The long-lasting effects of family background: A European cross-country comparison
by Mazzonna, Fabrizio
- 43-54 Intergenerational analysis of social interaction and social skills: An analysis of U.S. and U.K. panel data
by Brown, Sarah & McHardy, Jolian & Taylor, Karl
- 55-75 Understanding the role of time-varying unobserved ability heterogeneity in education production
by Ding, Weili & Lehrer, Steven F.
- 76-92 Teacher heterogeneity, value-added and education policy
by Condie, Scott & Lefgren, Lars & Sims, David
- 93-105 Does attending a STEM high school improve student performance? Evidence from New York City
by Wiswall, Matthew & Stiefel, Leanna & Schwartz, Amy Ellen & Boccardo, Jessica
- 106-122 Until when does the effect of age on academic achievement persist? Evidence from Korean data
by Nam, Kigon
- 123-139 The impact of Israel's class-based affirmative action policy on admission and academic outcomes
by Alon, Sigal & Malamud, Ofer
- 140-151 Analysis of group performance with categorical data when agents are heterogeneous: The evaluation of scholastic performance in the OECD through PISA
by Herrero, Carmen & Mendez, Ildefonso & Villar, Antonio
- 152-166 Public expenditures, educational outcomes and grade inflation: Theory and evidence from a policy intervention in the Netherlands
by De Witte, Kristof & Geys, Benny & Solondz, Catharina
- 167-182 Money, mentoring and making friends: The impact of a multidimensional access program on student performance
by Denny, Kevin & Doyle, Orla & McMullin, Patricia & O'Sullivan, Vincent
- 183-204 Skills, productivity and the evaluation of teacher performance
by Harris, Douglas N. & Sass, Tim R.
- 205-220 Higher education expansion and unskilled labour market outcomes
by Oppedisano, Veruska
- 221-237 One year of preschool or two: Is it important for adult outcomes?
by Arteaga, Irma & Humpage, Sarah & Reynolds, Arthur J. & Temple, Judy A.
2014, Volume 39, Issue C
- 1-21 A comparative analysis of education costs and outcomes: The United States vs. other OECD countries
by Wolff, Edward N. & Baumol, William J. & Saini, Anne Noyes
- 22-37 The impact of a Caribbean home-visiting child development program on cognitive skills
by Janssens, Wendy & Rosemberg, Cristina
- 38-49 A teacher like me or a student like me? Role model versus teacher bias effect
by Paredes, Valentina
- 50-64 Skill premia and intergenerational education mobility: The French case
by Ben-Halima, B. & Chusseau, N. & Hellier, J.
- 65-77 Peer effects in higher education: A look at heterogeneous impacts
by Griffith, Amanda L. & Rask, Kevin N.
- 78-96 Does promoting school attendance reduce child labor? Evidence from Burkina Faso's BRIGHT project
by de Hoop, Jacobus & Rosati, Furio C.
- 97-109 School based management effects: Resources or governance change? Evidence from Mexico
by Santibañez, Lucrecia & Abreu-Lastra, Raúl & O’Donoghue, Jennifer L.
- 110-130 Family learning environment and early literacy: A comparison of bilingual and monolingual children
by Feng, Li & Gai, Yunwei & Chen, Xiaoning
2014, Volume 38, Issue C
- 1-8 Educational attainment of children of immigrants: Evidence from the national longitudinal survey of youth
by Siahaan, Freddy & Lee, Daniel Y. & Kalist, David E.
- 9-23 Value-added models and the measurement of teacher productivity
by Sass, Tim R. & Semykina, Anastasia & Harris, Douglas N.
- 24-37 Differentiated demand for private supplementary tutoring: Patterns and implications in Hong Kong secondary education
by Bray, Mark & Zhan, Shengli & Lykins, Chad & Wang, Dan & Kwo, Ora
- 38-50 Working (and studying) day and night: Heterogeneous effects of working on the academic performance of full-time and part-time students
by Darolia, Rajeev
- 51-63 Gender peer effects in university: Evidence from a randomized experiment
by Oosterbeek, Hessel & van Ewijk, Reyn
- 64-75 A regression discontinuity analysis of graduation standards and their impact on students’ academic trajectories
by Ahn, Tom
- 76-88 The kid's speech: The effect of stuttering on human capital acquisition
by Rees, Daniel I. & Sabia, Joseph J.
- 89-103 The externalities of crime: The effect of criminal involvement of parents on the educational attainment of their children
by Rud, Iryna & Van Klaveren, Chris & Groot, Wim & Maassen van den Brink, Henriëtte
- 104-123 The effects of tuition reforms on school enrollment in rural China
by Chyi, Hau & Zhou, Bo
- 124-138 The impact of the Gates Millennium Scholars Program on college and post-college related choices of high ability, low-income minority students
by DesJardins, Stephen L. & McCall, Brian P.
- 139-150 School choice and student wellbeing
by Green, Colin P. & Navarro-Paniagua, María & Ximénez-de-Embún, Domingo P. & Mancebón, María-Jesús
- 151-166 2004 Minority Education Reform and pupil performance in Latvia
by Ivlevs, Artjoms & King, Roswitha M.
2013, Volume 37, Issue C
- 1-12 Do you get what you pay for with school-based health programs? Evidence from a child nutrition experiment in rural China
by Sylvia, Sean & Luo, Renfu & Zhang, Linxiu & Shi, Yaojiang & Medina, Alexis & Rozelle, Scott
- 13-33 Education policy and early fertility: Lessons from an expansion of upper secondary schooling
by Grönqvist, Hans & Hall, Caroline
- 34-45 Catholic school effectiveness in Australia: A reassessment using selection on observed and unobserved variables
by Cardak, Buly A. & Vecci, Joe
- 46-57 The impact of online learning on students’ course outcomes: Evidence from a large community and technical college system
by Xu, Di & Jaggars, Shanna Smith
- 58-65 The impact of peer achievement and peer heterogeneity on own achievement growth: Evidence from school transitions
by Kiss, David
- 66-84 The returns to education for opportunity entrepreneurs, necessity entrepreneurs, and paid employees
by Fossen, Frank M. & Büttner, Tobias J.M.
- 85-94 Disability and returns to education in a developing country
by Lamichhane, Kamal & Sawada, Yasuyuki
- 95-112 Aid and Universal Primary Education
by d’Aiglepierre, Rohen & Wagner, Laurent
- 113-125 The effect of Teach for America on the distribution of student achievement in primary school: Evidence from a randomized experiment
by Antecol, Heather & Eren, Ozkan & Ozbeklik, Serkan
- 126-137 Do in-state tuition benefits affect the enrollment of non-citizens? Evidence from universities in Texas
by Dickson, Lisa & Pender, Matea
- 138-147 Math skills and market and non-market outcomes: Evidence from an Amazonian society of forager-farmers
by Undurraga, Eduardo A. & Behrman, Jere R. & Grigorenko, Elena L. & Schultz, Alan & Yiu, Julie & TAPS Bolivia Study Team, & Godoy, Ricardo A.
- 148-164 Teacher behavior under performance pay incentives
by Jones, Michael D.
- 165-182 The effect of household hospitalizations on the educational attainment of youth
by Johnson, Eric & Reynolds, C. Lockwood
- 183-199 The impact of pre-school on adolescents’ outcomes: Evidence from a recent English cohort
by Apps, Patricia & Mendolia, Silvia & Walker, Ian
- 200-203 Introduction to the special issue on Economic Research for Education Policy
by Chapman, Bruce & Lounkaew, Kiatanantha
- 204-212 Economic growth in developing countries: The role of human capital
by Hanushek, Eric A.
- 213-225 Explaining urban–rural differences in educational achievement in Thailand: Evidence from PISA literacy data
by Lounkaew, Kiatanantha
- 226-239 What is behind the decline in student achievement in Australia?
by Ryan, Chris
- 240-257 The influence of family wealth on the educational attainments of youths in Thailand
by Lathapipat, Dilaka
- 258-272 Impact of household factors on youth's school decisions in Thailand
by Tharmmapornphilas, Rubkwan
- 273-285 Modeling income dynamics for public policy design: An application to income contingent student loans
by Higgins, Tim & Sinning, Mathias
- 286-297 Educating bright students in urban schools
by Cortes, Kalena E. & Moussa, Wael S. & Weinstein, Jeffrey M.
- 298-308 Repayment burdens of student loans for Vietnamese higher education
by Chapman, Bruce & Liu, Amy Y.C.
2013, Volume 36, Issue C
- 1-11 The effectiveness of extended day programs: Evidence from a randomized field experiment in the Netherlands
by Meyer, Erik & Van Klaveren, Chris
- 12-25 Educational evaluation schemes and gender gaps in student achievement
by Falch, Torberg & Naper, Linn Renée
- 26-40 Information, college decisions and financial aid: Evidence from a cluster-randomized controlled trial in China
by Loyalka, Prashant & Song, Yingquan & Wei, Jianguo & Zhong, Weiping & Rozelle, Scott
- 41-59 The long-run impacts of early childhood education: Evidence from a failed policy experiment
by DeCicca, Philip & Smith, Justin
- 60-72 Principal turnover and student achievement
by Miller, Ashley
- 73-87 Single-sex classes & student outcomes: Evidence from North Carolina
by Strain, Michael R.
- 88-107 Not just for poor kids: The impact of universal free school breakfast on meal participation and student outcomes
by Leos-Urbel, Jacob & Schwartz, Amy Ellen & Weinstein, Meryle & Corcoran, Sean
- 108-121 Peer effects and academic achievement: a regression discontinuity approach
by Vardardottir, Arna
- 122-134 What makes special-education teachers special? Teacher training and achievement of students with disabilities
by Feng, Li & Sass, Tim R.
- 135-152 The academic achievement of American Indians
by Fischer, Stefanie & Stoddard, Christiana
- 153-165 The male–female gap in post-baccalaureate school quality
by Stevenson, Adam
- 166-180 Ova and out: Using twins to estimate the educational returns to attending a selective college
by Smith, Jonathan
- 181-197 Tax benefits for graduate education: Incentives for whom?
by Bednar, Steven & Gicheva, Dora
- 198-215 The Returns to Private Education: Evidence from Mexico
by Binelli, Chiara & Rubio-Codina, Marta
- 216-228 Is a good elementary teacher always good? Assessing teacher performance estimates across subjects
by Goldhaber, Dan & Cowan, James & Walch, Joe
- 229-244 Occupation–education mismatch of immigrant workers in Europe: Context and policies
by Aleksynska, Mariya & Tritah, Ahmed
- 245-262 Estimating an educational production function for five countries of Latin America on the basis of the PISA data
by Deutsch, Joseph & Dumas, Audrey & Silber, Jacques
- 263-275 The impact of surplus skills on earnings: Extending the over-education model to language proficiency
by Chiswick, Barry R. & Miller, Paul W.
- 276-294 Pure ethnic gaps in educational attainment and school to work transitions: When do they arise?
by Baert, Stijn & Cockx, Bart
- 295-310 Involuntary volunteering: The impact of mandated service in public schools
by Helms, Sara E.
2013, Volume 35, Issue C
- 1-11 The willingness to pay to reduce school bullying
by Persson, Mattias & Svensson, Mikael
- 12-23 Render unto primary the things which are primary's: Inherited and fresh learning divides in Italian lower secondary education
by De Simone, Gianfranco
- 24-40 The relationship between schooling and migration: Evidence from compulsory schooling laws
by McHenry, Peter
- 41-52 Reward or punishment? Class size and teacher quality
by Barrett, Nathan & Toma, Eugenia F.
- 53-65 The impact of vouchers on preschool attendance and elementary school readiness: A randomized controlled trial in rural China
by Wong, Ho Lun & Luo, Renfu & Zhang, Linxiu & Rozelle, Scott
- 66-74 The minimum dropout age and student victimization
by Anderson, D. Mark & Hansen, Benjamin & Walker, Mary Beth
- 75-92 Higher education in Turkey: Subsidizing the rich or the poor?
by Caner, Asena & Okten, Cagla
- 93-103 State teacher union strength and student achievement
by Lott, Johnathan & Kenny, Lawrence W.
- 104-119 Gender, single-sex schooling and maths achievement
by Doris, Aedín & O’Neill, Donal & Sweetman, Olive
- 120-133 The public–private test score gap in Brazil
by Oliveira, Pedro Rodrigues de & Belluzzo, Walter & Pazello, Elaine Toldo
- 134-148 Does more schooling improve health outcomes and health related behaviors? Evidence from U.K. twins
by Amin, Vikesh & Behrman, Jere R. & Spector, Tim D.
2013, Volume 34, Issue C
- 1-16 The effect of administrative pay and local property taxes on student achievement scores: Evidence from New Jersey public schools
by Mensah, Yaw M. & Schoderbek, Michael P. & Sahay, Savita P.
- 17-28 The importance of intrinsic and extrinsic motivation for measuring IQ
by Borghans, Lex & Meijers, Huub & ter Weel, Bas
- 29-44 The gateway to the profession: Assessing teacher preparation programs based on student achievement
by Goldhaber, Dan & Liddle, Stephanie & Theobald, Roddy
- 45-68 The effect of siblings’ education on school-entry in the Ethiopian highlands
by Lindskog, Annika
- 69-75 The effect of same-gender teacher assignment on student achievement in the elementary and secondary grades: Evidence from panel data
by Winters, Marcus A. & Haight, Robert C. & Swaim, Thomas T. & Pickering, Katarzyna A.
- 76-84 Conditional cash transfers and education quality in the presence of credit constraints
by Del Rey, Elena & Estevan, Fernanda
- 85-95 Educational mismatch and self-employment
by Bender, Keith A. & Roche, Kristen
- 96-106 Allocation of students in public schools: Theory and new evidence
by Cohen-Zada, Danny & Gradstein, Mark & Reuven, Ehud
- 107-121 Is curriculum quality uniform? Evidence from Florida
by Bhatt, Rachana & Koedel, Cory & Lehmann, Douglas
- 122-134 The impact of business cycle fluctuations on graduate school enrollment
by Johnson, Matthew T.
- 135-145 Does weight affect children's test scores and teacher assessments differently?
by Zavodny, Madeline
- 146-161 The effect of early childhood developmental program attendance on future school enrollment in rural North India
by Hazarika, Gautam & Viren, Vejoya
- 162-174 The international market for MBA qualifications: The relationship between tuition fees and applications
by Elliott, Caroline & Soo, Kwok Tong
- 175-190 Evaluating the provision of school performance information for school choice
by Allen, Rebecca & Burgess, Simon
- 191-218 Do vouchers lead to sorting under random private school selection? Evidence from the Milwaukee voucher program
by Chakrabarti, Rajashri
- 219-226 Ramadan, fasting and educational outcomes
by Oosterbeek, Hessel & van der Klaauw, Bas
- 227-242 Changes in test scores distribution for students of the fourth grade in Brazil: A relative distribution analysis for the years 1997–2005
by Rodrigues, Clarissa Guimarães & Rios-Neto, Eduardo Luiz Gonçalves & de Xavier Pinto, Cristine Campos
- 243-257 The demand for higher education: A static structural approach accounting for individual heterogeneity and nesting patterns
by Flannery, Darragh & O’Donoghue, Cathal
- 258-268 High school dropout and teen childbearing
by Marcotte, Dave E.
- 269-285 Responses of private and public schools to voucher funding
by Filer, Randall K. & Münich, Daniel
- 286-295 Graduate competencies and employability: The impact of matching firms’ needs and personal attainments
by Teijeiro, Mercedes & Rungo, Paolo & Freire, Mª Jesús
2013, Volume 33, Issue C
- 1-7 Assets and educational achievement: Theory and evidence
by Elliott, William & Sherraden, Michael
- 8-18 Saving in childhood and adolescence: Insights from developmental psychology
by Otto, Annette
- 19-30 Economic socialization, saving and assets in European young adults
by Webley, Paul & Nyhus, Ellen K.
- 31-51 Testing an asset-building approach for young people: Early access to savings predicts later savings
by Friedline, Terri & Elliott, William & Chowa, Gina A.N.
- 52-57 Asset building for and by young people
by Beverly, Sondra G.
- 58-68 Long-term effects of Individual Development Accounts on postsecondary education: Follow-up evidence from a randomized experiment
by Grinstein-Weiss, Michal & Sherraden, Michael & Gale, William G. & Rohe, William M. & Schreiner, Mark & Key, Clinton
- 69-81 The impact of household possessions on youth's academic achievement in the Ghana Youthsave experiment: A propensity score analysis
by Chowa, Gina A.N. & Masa, Rainier D. & Wretman, Christopher J. & Ansong, David
- 82-94 Do mothers’ educational expectations differ by race and ethnicity, or socioeconomic status?
by Kim, Youngmi & Sherraden, Michael & Clancy, Margaret
- 95-111 The effects of family college savings on postsecondary school enrollment rates of students with disabilities
by Cheatham, Gregory A. & Elliott, William
- 112-123 Intergenerational transmission of educational attainment: The role of household assets
by Huang, Jin
- 124-133 Parental asset accumulation trajectories and children's college outcomes
by Loke, Vernon
- 134-153 “You pay your share, we’ll pay our share”: The college cost burden and the role of race, income, and college assets
by Elliott, William & Friedline, Terri
- 154-170 Assets, economic opportunity and toxic stress: A framework for understanding child and educational outcomes
by Williams Shanks, Trina R. & Robinson, Christine
- 171-178 Integrating resource-based and person-based approaches to understanding wealth effects on school achievement
by Destin, Mesmin
- 179-190 Not just any path: Implications of identity-based motivation for disparities in school outcomes
by Oyserman, Daphna
2013, Volume 32, Issue C
- 1-28 Does private tutoring improve students’ National College Entrance Exam performance?—A case study from Jinan, China
by Zhang, Yu
- 29-48 Retaining through training even for older workers
by Picchio, Matteo & van Ours, Jan C.
- 49-65 Does the availability of parental health insurance affect the college enrollment decision of young Americans?
by Jung, Juergen & Hall, Diane M. Harnek & Rhoads, Thomas
- 66-77 Contributions of qualitative research to understanding savings for children and youth
by Sherraden, Margaret & Peters, Clark & Wagner, Kristen & Guo, Baorong & Clancy, Margaret
- 78-91 Stuck in a mismatch? The persistence of overeducation during twenty years of the post-communist transition in Poland
by Kiersztyn, Anna
- 92-103 Estimating the distributional effects of education reforms: A look at Project STAR
by Jackson, Erika & Page, Marianne E.
- 104-121 A multilevel decomposition of school performance using robust nonparametric frontier techniques
by Thieme, Claudio & Prior, Diego & Tortosa-Ausina, Emili
- 122-139 The impact of Chile's school feeding program on education outcomes
by McEwan, Patrick J.
- 140-150 Incentives from curriculum tracking
by Koerselman, Kristian
- 151-167 Future skill shortages in the U.S. economy?
by Neumark, David & Johnson, Hans & Mejia, Marisol Cuellar
- 168-180 Promoting scientific faculties: Does it work? Evidence from Italy
by Maestri, Virginia
- 181-195 The role of noncognitive traits in undergraduate study behaviours
by Delaney, Liam & Harmon, Colm & Ryan, Martin
- 196-206 Why women are progressive in education? Gender disparities in human capital, labor markets, and family arrangement in the Philippines
by Yamauchi, Futoshi & Tiongco, Marites
- 207-218 Over-education of recent higher education graduates: New Australian panel evidence
by Carroll, David & Tani, Massimiliano
- 219-233 Pomp and circumstance: University presidents and the role of human capital in determining who leads U.S. research institutions
by Singell, Larry D. & Tang, Hui-Hsuan
- 234-246 The effect of immigration on the school performance of natives: Cross country evidence using PISA test scores
by Brunello, Giorgio & Rocco, Lorenzo
- 247-261 The full extent of student-college academic undermatch
by Smith, Jonathan & Pender, Matea & Howell, Jessica
- 262-274 Can failure succeed? Using racial subgroup rules to analyze the effect of school accountability failure on student performance
by Sims, David P.
2012, Volume 31, Issue 6
- 861-870 The effects of high school math curriculum on college attendance: Evidence from the NLSY97
by Aughinbaugh, Alison
- 871-889 Funding higher education and wage uncertainty: Income contingent loan versus mortgage loan
by Migali, Giuseppe
- 890-907 Does generosity beget generosity? Alumni giving and undergraduate financial aid
by Meer, Jonathan & Rosen, Harvey S.
- 908-917 Federal policies, state responses, and community college outcomes: Testing an augmented Bennett hypothesis
by Frederick, Allison B. & Schmidt, Stephen J. & Davis, Lewis S.
- 918-931 The impact of educational mismatch on firm productivity: Evidence from linked panel data
by Kampelmann, Stephan & Rycx, François
- 932-948 Every child matters? An evaluation of “Special Educational Needs” programmes in England
by Keslair, Francois & Maurin, Eric & McNally, Sandra
- 949-960 Do tuition fees affect enrollment behavior? Evidence from a ‘natural experiment’ in Germany
by Hübner, Malte
- 961-969 Adolescent drug use and the deterrent effect of school-imposed penalties
by Waddell, G.R.
- 970-983 Early to rise? The effect of daily start times on academic performance
by Edwards, Finley
- 984-995 The spatial geography of teacher labor markets: Evidence from a developing country
by Jaramillo, Miguel
- 996-1016 College major choice and ability: Why is general ability not enough?
by Bartolj, Tjaša & Polanec, Sašo
- 1017-1027 Sibling composition and child educational attainment: Evidence from native Amazonians in Bolivia
by Zeng, Wu & Undurraga, Eduardo A. & Eisenberg, Dan T.A. & Rubio-Jovel, Karla & Reyes-García, Victoria & Godoy, Ricardo
- 1028-1036 Evidence on the efficacy of school-based incentives for healthy living
by Cuffe, H.E. & Harbaugh, W.T. & Lindo, J.M. & Musto, G. & Waddell, G.R.
- 1037-1057 Maternal work conditions and child development
by Felfe, Christina & Hsin, Amy
- 1058-1066 Combination classes and educational achievement
by Thomas, Jaime L.
- 1067-1083 Strategic pay reform: A student outcomes-based evaluation of Denver's ProComp teacher pay initiative
by Goldhaber, Dan & Walch, Joe
- 1084-1101 Choice of for-profit college
by Chung, Anna S.
- 1102-1115 Peer effects in college academic outcomes – Gender matters!
by Ficano, Carlena Cochi
- 1116-1135 High Schools That Work and college preparedness: Measuring the model's impact on mathematics and science pipeline progression
by Miller, Luke C. & Mittleman, Joel
- 1136-1142 Peer effects and measurement error: The impact of sampling variation in school survey data (evidence from PISA)
by Micklewright, John & Schnepf, Sylke V. & Silva, Pedro N.
- 1143-1161 Earnings benefits of Tulsa's pre-K program for different income groups
by Bartik, Timothy J. & Gormley, William & Adelstein, Shirley
- 1162-1176 University rankings in action? The importance of rankings and an excellence competition for university choice of high-ability students
by Horstschräer, Julia
- 1177-1190 Does competition improve public school efficiency? A spatial analysis
by Misra, Kaustav & Grimes, Paul W. & Rogers, Kevin E.
2012, Volume 31, Issue 5
- 515-523 Family background variables as instruments for education in income regressions: A Bayesian analysis
by Hoogerheide, Lennart & Block, Joern H. & Thurik, Roy