Contact information of Elsevier
Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Access and download statisticsTop item:
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help
correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecoedu. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/econedurev .
2013, Volume 35, Issue C
2013, Volume 34, Issue C
- 1-16 The effect of administrative pay and local property taxes on student achievement scores: Evidence from New Jersey public schools
by Mensah, Yaw M. & Schoderbek, Michael P. & Sahay, Savita P.
- 17-28 The importance of intrinsic and extrinsic motivation for measuring IQ
by Borghans, Lex & Meijers, Huub & ter Weel, Bas
- 29-44 The gateway to the profession: Assessing teacher preparation programs based on student achievement
by Goldhaber, Dan & Liddle, Stephanie & Theobald, Roddy
- 45-68 The effect of siblings’ education on school-entry in the Ethiopian highlands
by Lindskog, Annika
- 69-75 The effect of same-gender teacher assignment on student achievement in the elementary and secondary grades: Evidence from panel data
by Winters, Marcus A. & Haight, Robert C. & Swaim, Thomas T. & Pickering, Katarzyna A.
- 76-84 Conditional cash transfers and education quality in the presence of credit constraints
by Del Rey, Elena & Estevan, Fernanda
- 85-95 Educational mismatch and self-employment
by Bender, Keith A. & Roche, Kristen
- 96-106 Allocation of students in public schools: Theory and new evidence
by Cohen-Zada, Danny & Gradstein, Mark & Reuven, Ehud
- 107-121 Is curriculum quality uniform? Evidence from Florida
by Bhatt, Rachana & Koedel, Cory & Lehmann, Douglas
- 122-134 The impact of business cycle fluctuations on graduate school enrollment
by Johnson, Matthew T.
- 135-145 Does weight affect children's test scores and teacher assessments differently?
by Zavodny, Madeline
- 146-161 The effect of early childhood developmental program attendance on future school enrollment in rural North India
by Hazarika, Gautam & Viren, Vejoya
- 162-174 The international market for MBA qualifications: The relationship between tuition fees and applications
by Elliott, Caroline & Soo, Kwok Tong
- 175-190 Evaluating the provision of school performance information for school choice
by Allen, Rebecca & Burgess, Simon
- 191-218 Do vouchers lead to sorting under random private school selection? Evidence from the Milwaukee voucher program
by Chakrabarti, Rajashri
- 219-226 Ramadan, fasting and educational outcomes
by Oosterbeek, Hessel & van der Klaauw, Bas
- 227-242 Changes in test scores distribution for students of the fourth grade in Brazil: A relative distribution analysis for the years 1997–2005
by Rodrigues, Clarissa Guimarães & Rios-Neto, Eduardo Luiz Gonçalves & de Xavier Pinto, Cristine Campos
- 243-257 The demand for higher education: A static structural approach accounting for individual heterogeneity and nesting patterns
by Flannery, Darragh & O’Donoghue, Cathal
- 258-268 High school dropout and teen childbearing
by Marcotte, Dave E.
- 269-285 Responses of private and public schools to voucher funding
by Filer, Randall K. & Münich, Daniel
- 286-295 Graduate competencies and employability: The impact of matching firms’ needs and personal attainments
by Teijeiro, Mercedes & Rungo, Paolo & Freire, Mª Jesús
2013, Volume 33, Issue C
- 1-7 Assets and educational achievement: Theory and evidence
by Elliott, William & Sherraden, Michael
- 8-18 Saving in childhood and adolescence: Insights from developmental psychology
by Otto, Annette
- 19-30 Economic socialization, saving and assets in European young adults
by Webley, Paul & Nyhus, Ellen K.
- 31-51 Testing an asset-building approach for young people: Early access to savings predicts later savings
by Friedline, Terri & Elliott, William & Chowa, Gina A.N.
- 52-57 Asset building for and by young people
by Beverly, Sondra G.
- 58-68 Long-term effects of Individual Development Accounts on postsecondary education: Follow-up evidence from a randomized experiment
by Grinstein-Weiss, Michal & Sherraden, Michael & Gale, William G. & Rohe, William M. & Schreiner, Mark & Key, Clinton
- 69-81 The impact of household possessions on youth's academic achievement in the Ghana Youthsave experiment: A propensity score analysis
by Chowa, Gina A.N. & Masa, Rainier D. & Wretman, Christopher J. & Ansong, David
- 82-94 Do mothers’ educational expectations differ by race and ethnicity, or socioeconomic status?
by Kim, Youngmi & Sherraden, Michael & Clancy, Margaret
- 95-111 The effects of family college savings on postsecondary school enrollment rates of students with disabilities
by Cheatham, Gregory A. & Elliott, William
- 112-123 Intergenerational transmission of educational attainment: The role of household assets
by Huang, Jin
- 124-133 Parental asset accumulation trajectories and children's college outcomes
by Loke, Vernon
- 134-153 “You pay your share, we’ll pay our share”: The college cost burden and the role of race, income, and college assets
by Elliott, William & Friedline, Terri
- 154-170 Assets, economic opportunity and toxic stress: A framework for understanding child and educational outcomes
by Williams Shanks, Trina R. & Robinson, Christine
- 171-178 Integrating resource-based and person-based approaches to understanding wealth effects on school achievement
by Destin, Mesmin
- 179-190 Not just any path: Implications of identity-based motivation for disparities in school outcomes
by Oyserman, Daphna
2013, Volume 32, Issue C
- 1-28 Does private tutoring improve students’ National College Entrance Exam performance?—A case study from Jinan, China
by Zhang, Yu
- 29-48 Retaining through training even for older workers
by Picchio, Matteo & van Ours, Jan C.
- 49-65 Does the availability of parental health insurance affect the college enrollment decision of young Americans?
by Jung, Juergen & Hall, Diane M. Harnek & Rhoads, Thomas
- 66-77 Contributions of qualitative research to understanding savings for children and youth
by Sherraden, Margaret & Peters, Clark & Wagner, Kristen & Guo, Baorong & Clancy, Margaret
- 78-91 Stuck in a mismatch? The persistence of overeducation during twenty years of the post-communist transition in Poland
by Kiersztyn, Anna
- 92-103 Estimating the distributional effects of education reforms: A look at Project STAR
by Jackson, Erika & Page, Marianne E.
- 104-121 A multilevel decomposition of school performance using robust nonparametric frontier techniques
by Thieme, Claudio & Prior, Diego & Tortosa-Ausina, Emili
- 122-139 The impact of Chile's school feeding program on education outcomes
by McEwan, Patrick J.
- 140-150 Incentives from curriculum tracking
by Koerselman, Kristian
- 151-167 Future skill shortages in the U.S. economy?
by Neumark, David & Johnson, Hans & Mejia, Marisol Cuellar
- 168-180 Promoting scientific faculties: Does it work? Evidence from Italy
by Maestri, Virginia
- 181-195 The role of noncognitive traits in undergraduate study behaviours
by Delaney, Liam & Harmon, Colm & Ryan, Martin
- 196-206 Why women are progressive in education? Gender disparities in human capital, labor markets, and family arrangement in the Philippines
by Yamauchi, Futoshi & Tiongco, Marites
- 207-218 Over-education of recent higher education graduates: New Australian panel evidence
by Carroll, David & Tani, Massimiliano
- 219-233 Pomp and circumstance: University presidents and the role of human capital in determining who leads U.S. research institutions
by Singell, Larry D. & Tang, Hui-Hsuan
- 234-246 The effect of immigration on the school performance of natives: Cross country evidence using PISA test scores
by Brunello, Giorgio & Rocco, Lorenzo
- 247-261 The full extent of student-college academic undermatch
by Smith, Jonathan & Pender, Matea & Howell, Jessica
- 262-274 Can failure succeed? Using racial subgroup rules to analyze the effect of school accountability failure on student performance
by Sims, David P.
2012, Volume 31, Issue 6
- 861-870 The effects of high school math curriculum on college attendance: Evidence from the NLSY97
by Aughinbaugh, Alison
- 871-889 Funding higher education and wage uncertainty: Income contingent loan versus mortgage loan
by Migali, Giuseppe
- 890-907 Does generosity beget generosity? Alumni giving and undergraduate financial aid
by Meer, Jonathan & Rosen, Harvey S.
- 908-917 Federal policies, state responses, and community college outcomes: Testing an augmented Bennett hypothesis
by Frederick, Allison B. & Schmidt, Stephen J. & Davis, Lewis S.
- 918-931 The impact of educational mismatch on firm productivity: Evidence from linked panel data
by Kampelmann, Stephan & Rycx, François
- 932-948 Every child matters? An evaluation of “Special Educational Needs” programmes in England
by Keslair, Francois & Maurin, Eric & McNally, Sandra
- 949-960 Do tuition fees affect enrollment behavior? Evidence from a ‘natural experiment’ in Germany
by Hübner, Malte
- 961-969 Adolescent drug use and the deterrent effect of school-imposed penalties
by Waddell, G.R.
- 970-983 Early to rise? The effect of daily start times on academic performance
by Edwards, Finley
- 984-995 The spatial geography of teacher labor markets: Evidence from a developing country
by Jaramillo, Miguel
- 996-1016 College major choice and ability: Why is general ability not enough?
by Bartolj, Tjaša & Polanec, Sašo
- 1017-1027 Sibling composition and child educational attainment: Evidence from native Amazonians in Bolivia
by Zeng, Wu & Undurraga, Eduardo A. & Eisenberg, Dan T.A. & Rubio-Jovel, Karla & Reyes-García, Victoria & Godoy, Ricardo
- 1028-1036 Evidence on the efficacy of school-based incentives for healthy living
by Cuffe, H.E. & Harbaugh, W.T. & Lindo, J.M. & Musto, G. & Waddell, G.R.
- 1037-1057 Maternal work conditions and child development
by Felfe, Christina & Hsin, Amy
- 1058-1066 Combination classes and educational achievement
by Thomas, Jaime L.
- 1067-1083 Strategic pay reform: A student outcomes-based evaluation of Denver's ProComp teacher pay initiative
by Goldhaber, Dan & Walch, Joe
- 1084-1101 Choice of for-profit college
by Chung, Anna S.
- 1102-1115 Peer effects in college academic outcomes – Gender matters!
by Ficano, Carlena Cochi
- 1116-1135 High Schools That Work and college preparedness: Measuring the model's impact on mathematics and science pipeline progression
by Miller, Luke C. & Mittleman, Joel
- 1136-1142 Peer effects and measurement error: The impact of sampling variation in school survey data (evidence from PISA)
by Micklewright, John & Schnepf, Sylke V. & Silva, Pedro N.
- 1143-1161 Earnings benefits of Tulsa's pre-K program for different income groups
by Bartik, Timothy J. & Gormley, William & Adelstein, Shirley
- 1162-1176 University rankings in action? The importance of rankings and an excellence competition for university choice of high-ability students
by Horstschräer, Julia
- 1177-1190 Does competition improve public school efficiency? A spatial analysis
by Misra, Kaustav & Grimes, Paul W. & Rogers, Kevin E.
2012, Volume 31, Issue 5
- 515-523 Family background variables as instruments for education in income regressions: A Bayesian analysis
by Hoogerheide, Lennart & Block, Joern H. & Thurik, Roy
- 524-542 High school grades and university performance: A case study
by Cyrenne, Philippe & Chan, Alan
- 543-562 The impact of a universal class-size reduction policy: Evidence from Florida's statewide mandate
by Chingos, Matthew M.
- 563-574 Student and teacher attendance: The role of shared goods in reducing absenteeism
by Banerjee, Ritwik & King, Elizabeth M. & Orazem, Peter F. & Paterno, Elizabeth M.
- 575-586 On the allocation of resources for secondary schools
by Haelermans, Carla & De Witte, Kristof & Blank, Jos L.T.
- 587-600 The impact of international students on measured learning and standards in Australian higher education
by Foster, Gigi
- 601-614 Pennies from heaven? Using exogenous tax variation to identify effects of school resources on pupil achievement
by Hægeland, Torbjørn & Raaum, Oddbjørn & Salvanes, Kjell G.
- 615-618 Expenditures and postsecondary graduation: An investigation using individual-level data from the state of Ohio
by Webber, Douglas A.
- 619-628 Overskilling dynamics and education pathways
by Mavromaras, Kostas & McGuinness, Seamus
- 629-643 Are there peer effects associated with having English Language Learner (ELL) classmates? Evidence from the Early Childhood Longitudinal Study Kindergarten Cohort (ECLS-K)
by Cho, Rosa Minhyo
- 644-662 Potential for significant reductions in dropout rates: Analysis of an entire 3rd grade state cohort
by Cratty, Dorothyjean
- 663-679 Academic achievement, technology and race: Experimental evidence
by Fairlie, Robert W.
- 680-693 Career effects of occupation-related vocational education: Evidence from the military's internal labor market
by Pema, Elda & Mehay, Stephen
- 694-708 Inequality of opportunity for educational achievement in Latin America: Evidence from PISA 2006–2009
by Gamboa, Luis Fernando & Waltenberg, Fábio D.
- 709-719 Do course evaluations truly reflect student learning? Evidence from an objectively graded post-test
by Beleche, Trinidad & Fairris, David & Marks, Mindy
- 720-726 An economic model of workplace mobbing in academe
by Faria, João Ricardo & Mixon, Franklin G. & Salter, Sean P.
- 727-743 Parental risk attitudes and children's secondary school track choice
by Wölfel, Oliver & Heineck, Guido
- 744-748 Methods matter: Improving causal inference in educational and social science research: A review article
by Eide, Eric R. & Showalter, Mark H.
- 749-763 Applying early decision: Student and college incentives and outcomes
by Chapman, Gabrielle & Dickert-Conlin, Stacy
- 764-777 Fairness in education: The Italian university before and after the reform
by Brunori, Paolo & Peragine, Vito & Serlenga, Laura
- 778-798 The effect of social programs and exposure to professionals on the educational aspirations of the poor
by Chiapa, Carlos & Garrido, José Luis & Prina, Silvia
- 799-811 The influence of price on school enrollment under Uganda's policy of free primary education
by Lincove, Jane Arnold
- 812-823 School crowding, year-round schooling, and mobile classroom use: Evidence from North Carolina
by McMullen, Steven C. & Rouse, Kathryn E.
- 824-834 Family background, self-confidence and economic outcomes
by Filippin, Antonio & Paccagnella, Marco
- 835-849 Twice considered: Charter schools and student achievement in Utah
by Ni, Yongmei & Rorrer, Andrea K.
- 850-860 The impact of structured teaching methods on the quality of education in Brazil
by Leme, Maria Carolina & Louzano, Paula & Ponczek, Vladimir & Souza, André Portela
2012, Volume 31, Issue 4
- 345-362 Where to attend? Estimating the effects of beginning college at a two-year institution
by Lockwood Reynolds, C.
- 363-375 Am I missing something? The effects of absence from class on student performance
by Arulampalam, Wiji & Naylor, Robin A. & Smith, Jeremy
- 376-390 Relationship between private schooling and achievement: Results from rural and urban India
by Chudgar, Amita & Quin, Elizabeth
- 391-409 The role of educational quality and quantity in the process of economic development
by Castelló-Climent, Amparo & Hidalgo-Cabrillana, Ana
- 410-430 How do substitute teachers substitute? An empirical study of substitute-teacher labor supply
by Gershenson, Seth
- 431-441 Teacher retention in Appalachian schools: Evidence from Kentucky
by Cowen, Joshua M. & Butler, J.S. & Fowles, Jacob & Streams, Megan E. & Toma, Eugenia F.
- 442-451 Human capital augmentation versus the signaling value of MBA education
by Hussey, Andrew
- 452-462 Forecasting performance of grey prediction for education expenditure and school enrollment
by Tang, Hui-Wen Vivian & Yin, Mu-Shang
- 463-481 Who benefits from student aid? The economic incidence of tax-based federal student aid
by Turner, Nicholas
- 482-500 Girls, girls, girls: Gender composition and female school choice
by Schneeweis, Nicole & Zweimüller, Martina
- 501-514 Measuring the earnings returns to lifelong learning in the UK
by Blanden, Jo & Buscha, Franz & Sturgis, Patrick & Urwin, Peter
2012, Volume 31, Issue 3
- 1-14 An integrated assessment of the effects of Title I on school behavior, resources, and student achievement
by Matsudaira, Jordan D. & Hosek, Adrienne & Walsh, Elias
- 15-29 Teacher salaries and teacher aptitude: An analysis using quantile regressions
by Gilpin, Gregory A.
- 30-40 Cohort crowding and nonresident college enrollment
by Winters, John V.
- 41-53 Teacher pay and teacher aptitude
by Leigh, Andrew
- 54-67 The effect of teacher–student gender matching: Evidence from OECD countries
by Cho, Insook
- 68-76 Effects of age at school entry (ASE) on the development of non-cognitive skills: Evidence from psychometric data
by Mühlenweg, Andrea & Blomeyer, Dorothea & Stichnoth, Holger & Laucht, Manfred
- 77-95 Do reductions in class size raise students’ test scores? Evidence from population variation in Minnesota's elementary schools
by Cho, Hyunkuk & Glewwe, Paul & Whitler, Melissa
- 96-107 University selectivity and earnings: Evidence from UK data on applications and admissions to university
by Broecke, Stijn
2012, Volume 31, Issue 2
- 209-212 Two decades of charter schools: Expectations, reality, and the future
by Toma, Eugenia & Zimmer, Ron
- 213-224 Examining charter student achievement effects across seven states
by Zimmer, Ron & Gill, Brian & Booker, Kevin & Lavertu, Stéphane & Witte, John
- 225-236 Choices for studying choice: Assessing charter school effectiveness using two quasi-experimental methods
by Davis, Devora H. & Raymond, Margaret E.
- 237-253 Using lotteries to evaluate schools of choice: Evidence from a national study of charter schools
by Tuttle, Christina Clark & Gleason, Philip & Clark, Melissa
- 254-267 Charter school authorizers and student achievement
by Carlson, Deven & Lavery, Lesley & Witte, John F.
- 268-279 Explaining the gap in charter and traditional public school teacher turnover rates
by Stuit, David A. & Smith, Thomas M.
- 280-292 New schools, new students, new teachers: Evaluating the effectiveness of charter schools
by Carruthers, Celeste K.
- 293-301 Measuring the effect of charter schools on public school student achievement in an urban environment: Evidence from New York City
by Winters, Marcus A.
- 302-317 The relative efficiency of charter schools: A cost frontier approach
by Gronberg, Timothy J. & Jansen, Dennis W. & Taylor, Lori L.
- 318-330 School innovation in district context: Comparing traditional public schools and charter schools
by Preston, Courtney & Goldring, Ellen & Berends, Mark & Cannata, Marisa
- 331-343 Some economic guidelines for design of a charter school district
by Levin, Henry M.
2012, Volume 31, Issue 1
- 1-8 Students choosing colleges: Understanding the matriculation decision at a highly selective private institution
by Nurnberg, Peter & Schapiro, Morton & Zimmerman, David
- 9-18 Diversifying the faculty across gender lines: Do trustees and administrators matter?
by Ehrenberg, Ronald G. & Jakubson, George H. & Martin, Mirinda L. & Main, Joyce B. & Eisenberg, Thomas
- 19-32 Observed characteristics and teacher quality: Impacts of sample selection on a value added model
by Winters, Marcus A. & Dixon, Bruce L. & Greene, Jay P.
- 33-44 The role of information in the take-up of student loans
by Booij, Adam S. & Leuven, Edwin & Oosterbeek, Hessel
- 45-55 The redistributive equity of affirmative action: Exploring the role of race, socioeconomic status, and gender in college admissions
by Francis, Andrew M. & Tannuri-Pianto, Maria
- 56-65 Assessment drives learning: The effect of central exit exams on curricular knowledge and mathematical literacy
by Jürges, Hendrik & Schneider, Kerstin & Senkbeil, Martin & Carstensen, Claus H.
- 66-75 On the relationship between student tastes and motivations, higher education decisions, and annual earnings
by Hilmer, Michael J. & Hilmer, Christiana E.
- 76-83 Economics of corruption in doctoral education: The dissertations market
by Osipian, Ararat L.
- 84-91 How to improve pupils’ literacy? A cost-effectiveness analysis of a French educational project
by Massoni, Sébastien & Vergnaud, Jean-Christophe
- 92-109 Leadership effects: school principals and student outcomes
by Coelli, Michael & Green, David A.
- 110-122 Re-examining the impact of dropping out on criminal and labor outcomes in early adulthood
by Bjerk, David
- 123-130 Student incentives and preferential treatment in college admissions
by Pastine, Ivan & Pastine, Tuvana
- 131-140 Math skills and labor-market outcomes: Evidence from a resume-based field experiment
by Koedel, Cory & Tyhurst, Eric
- 141-154 Estimating the impact of relative expected grade on student evaluations of teachers
by Ewing, Andrew M.
- 155-167 Do tuition fees affect the mobility of university applicants? Evidence from a natural experiment
by Dwenger, Nadja & Storck, Johanna & Wrohlich, Katharina
- 168-178 Back to school: An application of human capital theory for mature workers
by Jepsen, Christopher & Montgomery, Mark
- 179-194 Is it ever too late to study? The economic returns on late tertiary degrees in Sweden
by Hällsten, Martin
- 195-207 Do student migrations affect school performance? Evidence from Wisconsin's inter-district public school program
by Welsch, David M. & Zimmer, David M.
2011, Volume 30, Issue 6
- 1118-1122 Economic returns to education: What We Know, What We Don’t Know, and Where We Are Going—Some brief pointers
by Dickson, Matt & Harmon, Colm
- 1123-1135 The impact of tougher education standards: Evidence from Florida
by Clark, Damon & See, Edward
- 1136-1152 Parental education, grade attainment and earnings expectations among university students
by Delaney, Liam & Harmon, Colm & Redmond, Cathy
- 1153-1166 Earnings returns to the British education expansion
by Devereux, Paul J. & Fan, Wen
- 1167-1176 What determines the return to education: An extra year or a hurdle cleared?
by Dickson, Matt & Smith, Sarah
- 1177-1186 Differences by degree: Evidence of the net financial rates of return to undergraduate study for England and Wales
by Walker, Ian & Zhu, Yu
- 1187-1201 Subject choice and earnings of UK graduates
by Chevalier, Arnaud
- 1202-1214 Heterogeneity in schooling rates of return
by Henderson, Daniel J. & Polachek, Solomon W. & Wang, Le
- 1215-1228 Returning to school for higher returns
by Park, Seonyoung
- 1229-1241 The effectiveness and retention of teachers with prior career experience
by Boyd, Donald & Grossman, Pamela & Ing, Marsha & Lankford, Hamilton & Loeb, Susanna & O’Brien, Rachel & Wyckoff, James
- 1242-1261 Valuing the benefits of the education provided by public universities: A case study of Minnesota
by Damon, Amy & Glewwe, Paul
- 1262-1280 Using longitudinal data to evaluate publicly provided formal education for low skilled
by Stenberg, Anders
- 1281-1305 Effects of year-round schooling on disadvantaged students and the distribution of standardized test performance
by Graves, Jennifer
- 1306-1319 Gender salary differences in economics departments in Japan
by Takahashi, Ana Maria & Takahashi, Shingo
- 1320-1333 The effects of school quality on long-term health
by Sansani, Shahar
- 1334-1347 Overeducation in developing economies: How can we test for it, and what does it mean?
by Mehta, Aashish & Felipe, Jesus & Quising, Pilipinas & Camingue, Sheila
- 1348-1369 Are returns to education on the decline in Venezuela and does Mission Sucre have a role to play?
by Gonzalez, Naihobe & Oyelere, Ruth Uwaifo
- 1370-1383 Understanding the black–white school discipline gap
by Kinsler, Josh
- 1384-1398 Does school time matter?—On the impact of compulsory education age on school dropout
by Cabus, Sofie J. & De Witte, Kristof
- 1399-1415 Effects of welfare reform on vocational education and training
by Dave, Dhaval M. & Reichman, Nancy E. & Corman, Hope & Das, Dhiman
- 1416-1429 Frequency of examinations and student achievement in a randomized experiment
by De Paola, Maria & Scoppa, Vincenzo
- 1430-1444 The determinants of teacher mobility: Evidence using Italian teachers’ transfer applications
by Barbieri, Gianna & Rossetti, Claudio & Sestito, Paolo
- 1445-1455 School quality signals and attendance in rural Guatemala
by Marshall, Jeffery H.
- 1456-1467 Does parental employment affect children's educational attainment?
by Schildberg-Hoerisch, Hannah
- 1468-1490 Which children benefit from non-parental care?
by Yamauchi, Chikako & Leigh, Andrew
- 1491-1502 The impact of education investment on Sri Lankan economic growth
by Ganegodage, K. Renuka & Rambaldi, Alicia N.
- 1503-1515 The effect of immigrant concentration in schools on native and immigrant children's reading and math skills
by Jensen, Peter & Rasmussen, Astrid Würtz
- 1516-1526 Do colleges cultivate critical thinking, problem solving, writing and interpersonal skills?
by Saavedra, Anna Rosefsky & Saavedra, Juan Esteban
- 1527-1539 The impact of child labor on schooling outcomes in Nicaragua
by Buonomo Zabaleta, Mariela
October 2011, Volume 30, Issue 5
- 775-777 Introduction to the Special Issue on Education and Health
by Eide, Eric R. & Rees, Daniel I.
- 778-791 Estimating the relation between health and education: What do we know and what do we need to know?
by Eide, Eric R. & Showalter, Mark H.
- 792-812 The impact of education on health knowledge
by Altindag, Duha & Cannonier, Colin & Mocan, Naci
- 813-825 Forward-thinking teens: The effects of college costs on adolescent risky behavior
by Cowan, Benjamin W.
- 826-837 College selectivity and young adult health behaviors
by Fletcher, Jason M. & Frisvold, David E.
- 838-849 Educational gaps in medical care and health behavior: Evidence from US Natality data
by Price, Joseph & Price, Joshua & Simon, Kosali
- 850-861 Back to school blues: Seasonality of youth suicide and the academic calendar
by Hansen, Benjamin & Lang, Matthew
- 862-872 Does schooling affect health behavior? Evidence from the educational expansion in Western Germany
by Jürges, Hendrik & Reinhold, Steffen & Salm, Martin
- 873-888 Poisoning the mind: Arsenic contamination of drinking water wells and children's educational achievement in rural Bangladesh
by Asadullah, M. Niaz & Chaudhury, Nazmul
- 889-900 Recess, physical education, and elementary school student outcomes
by Dills, Angela K. & Morgan, Hillary N. & Rotthoff, Kurt W.
- 901-912 Do child care subsidies influence single mothers' decision to invest in human capital?
by Herbst, Chris M. & Tekin, Erdal
- 913-923 Individual heterogeneity and reverse causality in the relationship between migraine headache and educational attainment
by Sabia, Joseph J. & Rees, Daniel I.
- 924-937 Conditional cash penalties in education: Evidence from the Learnfare experiment
by Dee, Thomas S.
- 938-949 Second-generation Turkish youth in Europe: Explaining the academic disadvantage in Austria, Germany, and Switzerland
by Song, Steve
- 950-961 Are we wasting our children's time by giving them more homework?
by Eren, Ozkan & Henderson, Daniel J.
- 962-979 Can districts keep good teachers in the schools that need them most?
by Guarino, Cassandra M. & Brown, Abigail B. & Wyse, Adam E.
- 980-990 Effects of class size on alternative educational outcomes across disciplines
by Cheng, Dorothy A.
- 991-996 Is it where you go or who you know? On the relationship between students, Ph.D. program quality, dissertation advisor prominence, and early career publishing success
by Hilmer, Michael J. & Hilmer, Christiana E.