Economics of Education Review
2008, Volume 27, Issue 3
- 253-265 Where class size really matters: Class size and student ratings of instructor effectiveness
by Bedard, Kelly & Kuhn, Peter
- 266-275 Three measures of returns to education: An illustration for the case of Spain
by Arrazola, María & de Hevia, José
- 276-284 Effects of decentralization on school resources
by Ahlin, Åsa & Mörk, Eva
- 285-298 Efficiency, technology and productivity change in Australian universities, 1998-2003
by Worthington, Andrew C. & Lee, Boon L.
- 299-307 The role of education in health system performance
by Grignon, Michel
- 308-318 Unequal education, poverty and low growth--A theoretical framework for rural education of China
by Wu, Fangwei & Zhang, Deyuan & Zhang, Jinghua
- 319-331 A multinomial logit model of college stopout and dropout behavior
by Stratton, Leslie S. & O'Toole, Dennis M. & Wetzel, James N.
- 332-341 Education, educational mismatch, and wage inequality: Evidence for Spain
by Budría, Santiago & Moro-Egido, Ana I.
- 342-353 Language, high school leadership and the postsecondary outcomes of Hispanic students
by Lozano, Fernando A.
- 354-362 Birth order and participation in school sports and other extracurricular activities
by Rees, Daniel I. & Lopez, Elizabeth & Averett, Susan L. & Argys, Laura M.
2008, Volume 27, Issue 2
- 125-139 The effects of over-education on earnings in the graduate labour market
by Dolton, Peter J. & Silles, Mary A.
- 140-148 School attendance and district and school size
by Jones, John T. & Toma, Eugenia F. & Zimmer, Ron W.
- 149-160 Estimating returns to education using different natural experiment techniques
by Leigh, Andrew & Ryan, Chris
- 161-172 In sickness and in health--Till education do us part: Education effects on hospitalization
by Arendt, Jacob Nielsen
- 173-183 What makes a leader? Relative age and high school leadership
by Dhuey, Elizabeth & Lipscomb, Stephen
- 184-196 The causal effect of graduating from a top university on promotion: Evidence from the University of Tokyo's 1969 admission freeze
by Kawaguchi, Daiji & Ma, Wenjie
- 197-210 Who goes to graduate/professional school? The importance of economic fluctuations, undergraduate field, and ability
by Bedard, Kelly & Herman, Douglas A.
- 211-220 Gains in standardized test scores: Evidence of diminishing returns to achievement
by Driscoll, Donna & Halcoussis, Dennis & Svorny, Shirley
- 221-233 The effects of class size on student grades at a public university
by Kokkelenberg, Edward C. & Dillon, Michael & Christy, Sean M.
- 234-242 Benefits of bilingualism: Evidence from Mormon missionaries
by Pope, Devin G.
2008, Volume 27, Issue 1
- 14-21 Educational attainment and HIV/AIDS prevalence: A cross-country study
by Lakhanpal, Manisha & Ram, Rati
- 22-38 How schools and students respond to school improvement programs: The case of Brazil's PDE
by Carnoy, Martin & Gove, Amber K. & Loeb, Susanna & Marshall, Jeffery H. & Socias, Miguel
- 39-47 Perceived rates of return to higher education: Further evidence from Cyprus
by Menon, Maria Eliophotou
- 48-57 Comparing teacher salaries: Insights from the U.S. census
by Taylor, Lori L.
- 58-68 Strategic responses to school accountability measures: It's all in the timing
by Sims, David P.
- 69-78 Teens' alcohol consumption and schooling
by Renna, Francesco
- 79-93 Field of study choice by community college students in Canada
by Boudarbat, Brahim
- 94-107 Education and Italian regional development
by Di Liberto, Adriana
- 108-110 List of Editorial Referees
by Cohn, Elchanan
2007, Volume 26, Issue 6
- 643-644 In memoriam: Jean-Claude Eicher
by Millot, Benoit
- 645-647 Introduction to the special issue in memory of Jean-Claude Eicher: The Second Dijon Conference
by Millot, Benoit
- 648-659 Student achievement conditioned upon school selection: Religious and secular secondary school quality in Bangladesh
by Niaz Asadullah, Mohammad & Chaudhury, Nazmul & Dar, Amit
- 660-672 Do teachers' wages matter for proficiency? Evidence from a funding reform in Brazil
by Menezes-Filho, Naercio & Pazello, Elaine
- 673-682 Teacher credentials and student achievement: Longitudinal analysis with student fixed effects
by Clotfelter, Charles T. & Ladd, Helen F. & Vigdor, Jacob L.
- 683-698 The determinants and impact of private tutoring classes in Vietnam
by Dang, Hai-Anh
- 699-708 The public returns to public educational investments in African-American males
by Levin, Henry M. & Belfield, Clive & Muennig, Peter & Rouse, Cecilia
- 709-723 What does it take to achieve equality of opportunity in education?: An empirical investigation based on Brazilian data
by Waltenberg, Fabio D. & Vandenberghe, Vincent
- 724-734 Family background, financial constraints and higher education attendance in China
by Li, Wenli
- 735-746 Distributional effects of educational improvements: Are we using the wrong model?
by Bourguignon, Francois & Rogers, F. Halsey
- 747-757 Aspiration levels and educational choices: An experimental study
by Page, Lionel & Levy Garboua, Louis & Montmarquette, Claude
- 758-770 Schools, skills and risk
by Hartog, Joop & Vijverberg, Wim
- 771-788 The effects of education quality on income growth and mortality decline
by Jamison, Eliot A. & Jamison, Dean T. & Hanushek, Eric A.
2007, Volume 26, Issue 5
- 521-531 Overeducation in the graduate labour market: A quantile regression approach
by McGuinness, Seamus & Bennett, Jessica
- 532-545 From districts to schools: The distribution of resources across schools in big city school districts
by Rubenstein, Ross & Schwartz, Amy Ellen & Stiefel, Leanna & Amor, Hella Bel Hadj
- 546-558 The economic impact of colleges and universities
by Siegfried, John J. & Sanderson, Allen R. & McHenry, Peter
- 559-573 Evidence on the returns to secondary vocational education
by Meer, Jonathan
- 574-587 Minimum wage effects on educational enrollments in New Zealand
by Pacheco, Gail A. & Cruickshank, Amy A.
- 588-603 Positive outcomes from poor starts: Predictors of dropping back in
by Hill, Laura E. & Jepsen, Christopher
- 604-614 The influence of childhood maltreatment on adolescents' academic performance
by Slade, Eric P. & Wissow, Lawrence S.
- 615-628 Do school teacher parents make a difference?
by McFarlin Jr., Isaac
- 629-640 Schooling and test scores: A mother-natural experiment
by Marcotte, Dave E.
- 641-642 Our Underachieving Colleges: A Candid Look at How Much Students Learn and Why They Should Be Learning More, Derek Bok. Princeton University Press, Princeton and Oxford (2006). ($29.95), ISBN:978-0-691-12596-1
by Patrick Leonard, W.
2007, Volume 26, Issue 4
- 397-407 Education and job match: The relatedness of college major and work
by Robst, John
- 408-419 Wage effects of an extra year of basic vocational education
by Oosterbeek, Hessel & Webbink, Dinand
- 420-432 Immigrant overeducation: Evidence from recent arrivals to Australia
by Green, Colin & Kler, Parvinder & Leeves, Gareth
- 433-449 Quality, tuition, and applications to in-state public colleges
by McDuff, DeForest
- 450-462 The role of high school performance in explaining women's rising college enrollment
by Cho, Donghun
- 463-472 Secondary school extracurricular involvement and academic achievement: a fixed effects approach
by Lipscomb, Stephen
- 473-486 Does performance related pay for teachers improve student performance? Some evidence from India
by Kingdon, Geeta Gandhi & Teal, Francis
- 487-500 Educational production and teacher preferences
by Bosworth, Ryan & Caliendo, Frank
- 501-515 Parental choice and school quality when peer and scale effects matter
by O'Shaughnessy, Terry
- 516-520 Research note: Athletic graduation rates and Simpson's Paradox
by Matheson, Victor A.
2007, Volume 26, Issue 3
- 271-284 Does examination hell pay off ? A cost-benefit analysis of "ronin" and college education in Japan
by Ono, Hiroshi
- 285-295 For whom the Pell tolls: The response of university tuition to federal grants-in-aid
by Singell, Larry Jr. & Stone, Joe A.
- 296-311 The influence of financial aid in leveling group differences in graduating from elite institutions
by Alon, Sigal
- 312-324 Teacher qualifications and early learning: Effects of certification, degree, and experience on first-grade student achievement
by Croninger, Robert G. & Rice, Jennifer King & Rathbun, Amy & Nishio, Masako
- 325-337 Understanding the level and causes of teacher turnover: A comparison with other professions
by Harris, Douglas N. & Adams, Scott J.
- 338-348 Public versus private university presidents pay levels and structure
by Monks, James
- 349-360 Language skills and earnings: Evidence from a pre-industrial economy in the Bolivian Amazon
by Godoy, Ricardo & Reyes-Garcia, Victoria & Seyfried, Craig & Huanca, Tomas & Leonard, William R. & McDade, Thomas & Tanner, Susan & Vadez, Vincent
- 361-374 Academic performance, childhood economic resources, and the choice to leave school at age 16
by Maani, Sholeh A. & Kalb, Guyonne
- 375-386 Using conjoint analysis to estimate employers preferences for key competencies of master level Dutch graduates entering the public health field
by Biesma, R.G. & Pavlova, M. & van Merode, G.G. & Groot, W.
- 387-394 A theoretical assessment of regional development effects on the demand for general education
by Iwahashi, Roki
- 395-396 Erratum to: "Comparative benefit-cost analysis of the Abecedarian program and its policy implications": [Econ. Educ. Rev. 26 (2007) 113-125]
by Barnett, W. Steven & Masse, Leonard N.
2007, Volume 26, Issue 2
- 145-159 Race, poverty, and teacher mobility
by Scafidi, Benjamin & Sjoquist, David L. & Stinebrickner, Todd R.
- 160-172 A descriptive analysis of the distribution of NBPTS-certified teachers in North Carolina
by Goldhaber, Dan & Choi, Hyung-Jai & Cramer, Lauren
- 173-185 On the use of student data in efficiency analysis--Technical efficiency in Swedish upper secondary school
by Waldo, Staffan
- 186-200 The health effects of education
by Groot, Wim & Maassen van den Brink, Henriette
- 201-214 Grades as information
by Grant, Darren
- 215-231 Are successive investments in education equally worthwhile? Endogenous schooling decisions and non-linearities in the earnings-schooling relationship
by Skalli, Ali
- 232-243 Monetizing college reputation: The case of Taiwan's engineering and medical schools
by Tao, Hung-Lin
- 244-255 The influence of the US News and World Report collegiate rankings on the matriculation decision of high-ability students: 1995-2004
by Griffith, Amanda & Rask, Kevin
- 257-258 Rachel Connelly, Deborah S. DeGraff, Rachel A.Willis. Kids at Work: The Value of Employer-Sponsored On-site Child Care Centers. W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research, Kalamazoo, MI (2004), ISBN 0-88099-304-9 (175pp, $16.00, Paper)
by Ribar, David C.
- 259-260 Clive R. Belfield and M. Levin Henry, Editors, Privatizing educational choices: Consequences for parents, schools and public policy, Paradigm Publishers, Boulder, London (2005) ix-225pp
by Glomm, G.
- 261-262 Sara McLanahan (Eds.), School Readiness: Closing Racial and Ethnic Gaps; A special issue of the journal The Future of Children, Princeton University and Brookings Institution, Princeton, NJ, ISBN: 0-8157-5559-7, 2005 ($40.00, 2005, 196pp.)
by Harris, Douglas N.
- 263-264 The Political Economy of Education: Implications for Growth and Inequality. M. Gradstein, M. Justman, V. Meier. The MIT Press, Cambridge, MA (2005). 169 pp., $32, ISBN:0-262-07256-4
by Bifulco, Robert
- 265-266 Sylvia A. Allegretto, Sean P. Corcoran and Lawrence Mishel, How does teacher pay compare? Methodological challenges and answers, Economic Policy Institute, Washington, DC (2004) ISBN 1-932066-14-4 58pp
by Krieg, John M.
- 267-268 Getting Choice Right: Ensuring Equity and Efficiency in Education Policy. Betts, J.R., Loveless, T. (Eds.), Brookings Institution, Washington, DC (2005), ISBN 0815753314 (255pp., index. $49.95 (cloth), $19.95 (paper))
by Getz, Malcolm
- 269-270 Who's in charge here? The tangled web of school governance and policy. N. Epstein (Ed.), Brookings Institution Press The Washington, DC and Education Commission of the States, Denver, CO (2004) ISBN: 0-8157-2472-1, (303pp, $ 32.95, cloth); ISBN: 0-8157-2471-3 ($22.95 paper)
by Kim, Sunwoong
2007, Volume 26, Issue 1
- 1-2 Introduction to the special issue `The economics of early childhood education' Economics of education review
by Belfield, Clive R.
- 3-16 Educational vouchers for universal pre-schools
by Levin, Henry M. & Schwartz, Heather L.
- 17-32 The effects of welfare and employment programs on children's participation in Head Start
by Chang, Young Eun & Huston, Aletha C. & Crosby, Danielle A. & Gennetian, Lisa A.
- 33-51 Does prekindergarten improve school preparation and performance?
by Magnuson, Katherine A. & Ruhm, Christopher & Waldfogel, Jane
- 52-66 How much is too much? The influence of preschool centers on children's social and cognitive development
by Loeb, Susanna & Bridges, Margaret & Bassok, Daphna & Fuller, Bruce & Rumberger, Russell W.
- 67-82 Does full-day kindergarten matter? Evidence from the first two years of schooling
by DeCicca, Philip
- 83-99 Getting inside the "Black Box" of Head Start quality: What matters and what doesn't
by Currie, Janet & Neidell, Matthew
- 100-112 Do peers influence children's skill development in preschool?
by Henry, Gary T. & Rickman, Dana K.
- 113-125 Comparative benefit-cost analysis of the Abecedarian program and its policy implications
by Barnett, W.S. & Masse, Leonard N.
- 126-144 Benefits and costs of investments in preschool education: Evidence from the Child-Parent Centers and related programs
by Temple, Judy A. & Reynolds, Arthur J.
2006, Volume 25, Issue 6
- 575-590 The effects of interrupted enrollment on graduation from college: Racial, income, and ability differences
by DesJardins, Stephen L. & Ahlburg, Dennis A. & McCall, Brian P.
- 591-604 Fertility, relative wages, and labor market decisions: A case of female teachers
by Shin, Jaeun & Moon, Sangho
- 605-617 Institutional research productivity and the connection to average student quality and overall reputation
by Porter, Stephen R. & Toutkoushian, Robert K.
- 619-632 Schools, school quality and achievement growth: Evidence from the Philippines
by Bacolod, Marigee P. & Tobias, Justin L.
- 633-645 Private school location and neighborhood characteristics
by Barrow, Lisa
- 647-658 Asymmetries in progression in higher education in Taiwan: Parental education and income effects
by Liu, Jin-Tan & Chou, Shin-Yi & Liu, Jin-Long
- 659-673 Is there an impact of household computer ownership on children's educational attainment in Britain?
by Schmitt, John & Wadsworth, Jonathan
- 675-676 Elusive Equity--Education Reform in Post-apartheid South Africa, Edward B. Fiske, Helen F. Ladd. Brookings Institution Press, Washington, DC (2004), ISBN 0-8157-2480-9 (xiii+268pp.)
by van der Berg, Servaas
- 677-678 By a thread: How child care centers hold on to teachers, how teachers build lasting careers. M. Whitebook, L. Sakai, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research, Kalamazoo, MI, (2004). ISBN:0-88099-301-4 ($ 40 (cloth); $ 16 (paper), 145 pp)
by Krieg, John M.
- 679-681 P. Teixeira, B. Jongbloed, D. Dill and A. Amaral, Editors, Markets in Higher Education: Rhetoric or Reality?, Kluwer, Dordrecht, The Netherlands (2004) (354pp. (hb). Address: Kluwer Publishers, POB 17, 3300 AA Dordrecht, the Netherlands)
by Becker, William E.
- 682-683 Felix Buchel, Andries de Grip and Antje Mertens, Editors, Overeducation in Europe. Current Issues in Theory and Policy, Edward Elgar, Cheltenam, UK (2003) (Xi+239pp., $105.00)
by Pastore, Francesco
- 684-685 Ronald G. Ehrenberg, Editor, Governing Academia, Cornell University Press, Ithica, NY (2004) (324pp., $35.00 Cloth)
by Frey, Donald E.
- 686-687 Machin Stephen and Vignoles Anna, Editors, What's the Good of Education? The Economics of Education in the UK, Princeton University Press, Princeton, Oxford (2005), p. 272 ($39.50 (paper))
by Adnett, Nick
2006, Volume 25, Issue 5
- 463-471 Alternative paths to college completion: Effect of attending a 2-year school on the probability of completing a 4-year degree
by Sandy, Jonathan & Gonzalez, Arturo & Hilmer, Michael J.
- 472-481 Marijuana consumption and school failure among Spanish students
by Duarte, Rosa & Escario, Jose Julian & Molina, Jose Alberto
- 482-497 Does alcohol use during high school affect educational attainment?: Evidence from the National Education Longitudinal Study
by Chatterji, Pinka
- 498-509 Evidence on the relationship between firm-based screening and the returns to education
by Brown, Sarah & Sessions, John G.
- 510-520 Why we should care if teachers get A's: Teacher test scores and student achievement in Mexico
by Santibanez, Lucrecia
- 521-531 Demand for public education: Evidence from a rural school district
by Stair, Anthony & Rephann, Terance J. & Heberling, Matt
- 532-542 The effects of state funding on property tax rates and school construction
by Plummer, Elizabeth
- 543-553 Cost efficiency in the university: A departmental evaluation model
by Gimenez, Victor M. & Martinez, Jose Luis
- 554-564 Determinants of human capital formation and economic growth of African countries
by Oketch, Moses O.
- 565-573 Does watching television rot your mind? Estimates of the effect on test scores
by Zavodny, Madeline
2006, Volume 25, Issue 4
- 347-350 School-to-work and educational reform symposium: Introduction
by Neumark, David
- 351-373 Cohort changes in the transition from school to work: Evidence from three NLS surveys
by Bacolod, Marigee & Joseph Hotz, V.
- 374-393 School-to-career programs and transitions to employment and higher education
by Neumark, David & Rothstein, Donna
- 394-411 Smoothing the transition to college? The effect of Tech-Prep programs on educational attainment
by Cellini, Stephanie Riegg
- 412-429 Educational outcomes of labor-market linking and job placement for students at public and private 2-year colleges
by Person, Ann E. & Rosenbaum, James E.
- 430-446 Do gains in test scores explain labor market outcomes?
by Rose, Heather
- 447-462 Alternative school policies and the benefits of general cognitive skills
by Hanushek, Eric A.
2006, Volume 25, Issue 3
- 237-237 Preface to Special Issue in Honor of W. Pierce Liles
by Cohn, Elchanan
- 238-240 W. Pierce Liles: Dedication
by Kiker, B.F.
- 241-248 Why do field differentials in average faculty salaries vary across universities?
by Ehrenberg, Ronald G. & McGraw, Marquise & Mrdjenovic, Jesenka
- 249-257 The role of 2-year colleges in the improving situation of Hispanic postsecondary education
by Gonzalez, Arturo & Hilmer, Michael J.
- 259-272 College selectivity and the Texas top 10% law
by Niu, Sunny Xinchun & Tienda, Marta & Cortes, Kalena
- 273-288 Data envelopment analysis and its application to the measurement of efficiency in higher education
by Johnes, Jill
- 289-302 Mobility and turnover among school principals
by Gates, Susan M. & Ringel, Jeanne S. & Santibanez, Lucrecia & Guarino, Cassandra & Ghosh-Dastidar, Bonnie & Brown, Abigail
- 303-313 Demand for education in Turkey: A tobit analysis of private tutoring expenditures
by Tansel, AysIt & Bircan, Fatma
- 315-326 Evaluating program effectiveness: A case study of the School-to-Work Opportunities Act in California
by Neumark, David
- 327-333 Measurement error, education production and data envelopment analysis
by Ruggiero, John
- 335-340 International accreditation and brain drain: A simple model
by Lien, Donald
- 341-342 S.S. Donald, Skill-Biased Technological Change, UpJohn Institute for Employment, Kalamazoo, Michigan W.E. (1999) pp. viii+139. Price:$30.00/cloth
by Handel, Michael J.
- 343-344 J.E. Groccia and J.E. Miller, Editors, On Becoming a Productive University: Strategies for Reducing Cost and Increasing Quality in Higher Education, Anker Publishing, London (2005) (pp. xxv+358, $39.95 hardcover)
by Leonard, W. Patrick
- 345-346 Robert E. Martin, Editor, Cost Control, College Access, and Competition in Higher Education, Edward Elgar, Cheltenham, UK (2005) (258pp., price: $100)
by John, Edward P. St.
2006, Volume 25, Issue 2
- 121-132 The effects of age at arrival and enclave schools on the academic performance of immigrant children
by Cortes, Kalena E.
- 133-146 Subsidies, selectivity and the returns to education in urban Papua New Guinea
by Gibson, John & Fatai, Osaiasi Koliniusi
- 147-156 Mexico's labor market: The importance of education-occupation matching on wages and productivity in developing countries
by Quinn, Michael A. & Rubb, Stephen
- 157-171 Should schools be smaller? The size-performance relationship for Welsh schools
by Foreman-Peck, James & Foreman-Peck, Lorraine
- 173-178 Convergence of educational attainment levels in the OECD: More data, more problems?
by Crespo Cuaresma, Jesus
- 179-187 Alcohol abuse and truancy among Spanish adolescents: A count-data approach
by Duarte, R. & Escario, J.J.
- 189-199 A game-theoretic model of curriculum integration and school leadership
by Stull, William J.
- 201-210 Where do the children of professors attend college?
by Siegfried, John & Getz, Malcolm
- 211-219 The validity of two education requirement measures
by van der Meer, Peter H.
- 221-231 Occupational differences between recent male and female college graduates
by Joy, Lois
- 233-234 Robert H. Haveman, Andrew Bershadker and Jonathan A. Schwabish, Human Capital in the United States from 1975 to 2000: Patterns of Growth and Utilization, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research, Kalamazoo, MI (2003) ISBN 0-88099-255-7 (pp. xii+229, $17.00)
by Groothuis, Peter A.
- 235-236 Hanushel Eric, Editor, The economics of schooling and school quality, Edward Elgar Publishing, Northampton, MA (2003), p. xiv+440 (Vol. 1)+528 (Vol. 2)
by Merrifield, John
2006, Volume 25, Issue 1
- 1-1 Editorial
by Cohn, Elchanan
- 7-11 Ten ways to know Paul A. Samuelson
by Szenberg, Michael & Ramrattan, Lall & Gottesman, Aron
- 13-27 Teacher quality and attrition
by Krieg, John M.
- 29-41 Access: Net prices, affordability, and equity at a highly selective college
by Hill, Catharine B. & Winston, Gordon C.
- 43-62 Does delaying kindergarten entrance give children a head start?
by Datar, Ashlesha
- 63-75 Using shocks to school enrollment to estimate the effect of school size on student achievement
by Kuziemko, Ilyana
- 77-90 Student achievement and efficiency in Missouri schools and the No Child Left Behind Act
by Primont, Diane F. & Domazlicky, Bruce
- 91-107 Private returns to human capital over transition: A case study of Belarus
by Pastore, Francesco & Verashchagina, Alina
- 109-119 Does ending affirmative action in college admissions lower the percent of minority students applying to college?
by Dickson, Lisa M.
2005, Volume 24, Issue 6
- 633-649 Gender gap in returns to schooling in Palestine
by Daoud, Yousef
- 651-663 The demand for higher education in The Netherlands, 1950-1999
by Canton, Erik & de Jong, Frank
- 665-675 Gender imbalance in college applications: Does it lead to a preference for men in the admissions process?
by Baum, Sandy & Goodstein, Eban
- 677-689 School district size and student educational attainment: evidence from Denmark
by Heinesen, Eskil
- 691-704 Growing up in an intact vs. non-intact family and the transition from school to permanent work: A gender approach for Spain in 2000
by Canada-Vicinay, Juan A.
2005, Volume 24, Issue 5
- 491-512 The access implications of income-contingent charges for higher education: lessons from Australia
by Chapman, Bruce & Ryan, Chris
- 513-532 How much more does a disadvantaged student cost?
by Duncombe, William & Yinger, John
- 533-547 The effects of home computers on school enrollment
by Fairlie, Robert W.
- 549-562 Schooling effects on subsequent university performance: evidence for the UK university population
by Smith, Jeremy & Naylor, Robin
- 563-577 School quality and family background in Italy
by Brunello, Giorgio & Checchi, Daniele
- 579-599 Schooling quality in Eastern Europe: Educational production during transition
by Ammermuller, Andreas & Heijke, Hans & Wo[ss]mann, Ludger
- 601-609 Strategic determination of higher education subsidies and tuitions
by Fethke, Gary
2005, Volume 24, Issue 4
- 369-376 Beauty in the classroom: instructors' pulchritude and putative pedagogical productivity
by Hamermesh, Daniel S. & Parker, Amy
- 377-392 Who teaches whom? Race and the distribution of novice teachers
by Clotfelter, Charles T. & Ladd, Helen F. & Vigdor, Jacob
- 393-405 Making SAT scores optional in selective college admissions: a case study
by Robinson, Michael & Monks, James
- 407-416 Optimal scale of a public elementary school with commuting costs--a case study of Taipei county
by Tao, Hung-Lin & Yuan, Ming-Ching
- 417-430 The short term effect of educational debt on job decisions
by Minicozzi, Alexandra
- 431-449 Teacher salaries and teacher attrition
by Imazeki, Jennifer
- 451-457 Charter school location
by Glomm, Gerhard & Harris, Douglas & Lo, Te-Fen
- 459-468 In-school work experience and the returns to two-year and four-year colleges
by Molitor, Christopher J. & Leigh, Duane E.
- 469-483 Determining demand for university education in Ontario by type of student
by Mueller, Richard E. & Rockerbie, Duane
- 485-486 In: Richard S. Ruch, Editor, Higher Ed, Inc.: The Rise of the For-Profit University, The Johns Hopkins University Press, Baltimore, MD (2001) ISBN 0-8018-7447-5 (182pp., $18.95 Paper)
by Roth, Andrew
- 487-488 Edward P. St. John (Ed.), Refinancing the College Dream, The Johns Hopkins University Press, Baltimore, MD (2003) ISBN 0-8018-7265-0 (263pp., $44.95 hardcover)
by Breneman, David W.
2005, Volume 24, Issue 3
- 251-262 Effects of in-class variation and student rank on the probability of withdrawal: cross-section and time-series analysis for UK university students
by Arulampalam, Wiji & Naylor, Robin A. & Smith, Jeremy P.
- 263-274 Differences between public and private institutions of higher education in the enrollment of transfer students
by Cheslock, John J.
- 275-295 Training determinants and productivity impact of training in China: a case of Shanghai
by Ng, Ying Chu
- 297-308 Academic choice behavior of high school students: economic rationale and empirical evidence
by Zietz, Joachim & Joshi, Prathibha
- 309-322 Grade inflation and school competition: an empirical analysis based on the Swedish upper secondary schools
by Wikstrom, Christina & Wikstrom, Magnus
- 323-339 Adjusting teacher salaries for the cost of living: the effect on salary comparisons and policy conclusions
by Stoddard, Christiana
- 341-354 Gender differences in employment and earnings in science and engineering in the US
by Graham, John W. & Smith, Steven A.
- 355-367 The dubious utility of the value-added concept in higher education: the case of accounting
by Yunker, James A.
2005, Volume 24, Issue 2
- 133-147 The effect of charter schools on charter students and public schools
by Bettinger, Eric P.
- 149-160 Does education cause better health? A panel data analysis using school reforms for identification
by Arendt, Jacob Nielsen
- 161-170 Education returns of wage earners and self-employed workers: Portugal vs. Spain
by Garcia-Mainar, Inmaculada & Montuenga-Gomez, Victor M.
- 171-178 Asset distribution and tertiary education expenditure in developing countries
by Hwang, Jinyoung
- 179-188 The effects of gender on salary-at-hire in the academic labor market
by Toumanoff, Peter
- 189-195 Is there a difference between private and public education on college performance?
by Horowitz, John B. & Spector, Lee