Economics of Education Review
2009, Volume 28, Issue 6
- 716-727 Students' academic self-perception
by Chevalier, Arnaud & Gibbons, Steve & Thorpe, Andy & Snell, Martin & Hoskins, Sherria
- 728-738 Distance and intrastate college student migration
by Alm, James & Winters, John V.
- 739-749 The impact of internal migration on educational outcomes: Evidence from Turkey
by Berker, Ali
- 750-758 Does educational expansion encourage female workforce participation? A study of the 1968 reform in Taiwan
by Tsai, Wehn-Jyuan & Liu, Jin-Tan & Chou, Shin-Yi & Thornton, Robert
- 759-766 Do sheepskin effects help explain racial earnings differences?
by Bitzan, John D.
2009, Volume 28, Issue 5
- 523-537 Can you earn a Ph.D. in economics in five years?
by Stock, Wendy A. & Finegan, T. Aldrich & Siegfried, John J.
- 538-550 Immigration and its effect on the college-going outcomes of natives
by Neymotin, Florence
- 551-560 The rational adolescent: Discipline policies, lawsuits, and skill acquisition
by Babcock, Philip
- 561-570 Tuition fees and the demand for university places
by Neill, Christine
- 571-584 The impact of charter schools on the efficiency of traditional public schools: Evidence from Michigan
by Ni, Yongmei
- 585-599 Mission matters: The cost of small high schools revisited
by Stiefel, Leanna & Schwartz, Amy Ellen & Iatarola, Patrice & Chellman, Colin C.
- 600-610 Direct and indirect effects of education on job satisfaction: A structural equation model for the Spanish case
by Fabra, M. Eugenia & Camisón, Cesar
- 611-619 Do academically deficient scholarship athletes earn higher wages subsequent to graduation?
by Olbrecht, Alexandre
- 620-628 Can't get there from here: The decision to apply to a selective college
by Griffith, Amanda L. & Rothstein, Donna S.
- 629-640 Does lengthening the school day increase students' academic achievement? Results from a natural experiment in Chile
by Bellei, Cristián
- 641-644 Education returns of wage earners and self-employed workers: Comment
by Jordahl, Henrik & Poutvaara, Panu & Tuomala, Juha
- 645-647 Education returns of wage earners and self-employed workers: Response
by García-Mainar, Inmaculada & Montuenga-Gómez, Víctor M.
- 648-648 Education returns of wage earners and self-employed workers: Rejoinder
by Jordahl, Henrik & Poutvaara, Panu & Tuomala, Juha
2009, Volume 28, Issue 4
- 415-427 Kindergarten skills and fifth-grade achievement: Evidence from the ECLS-K
by Claessens, Amy & Duncan, Greg & Engel, Mimi
- 428-433 Am I still too Black for you?: Schooling and secular change in skin tone effects
by Loury, Linda Datcher
- 434-443 Educational progression of second-generation immigrants and immigrant children
by Colding, Bjørg & Husted, Leif & Hummelgaard, Hans
- 444-453 Faculty: Thy administrator's keeper? Some evidence
by Cunningham, Brendan M.
- 454-464 A meta-analysis of the effect of education on social capital
by Huang, Jian & Maassen van den Brink, Henriëtte & Groot, Wim
- 465-473 Crowding Peter to educate Paul: Lessons from a class size reduction externality
by Sims, David P.
- 474-484 Determinants of schooling for boys and girls in Nigeria under a policy of free primary education
by Lincove, Jane Arnold
- 485-496 The adverse effects of parents' school selection errors on academic achievement: Evidence from the Beijing open enrollment program
by Lai, Fang & Sadoulet, Elisabeth & de Janvry, Alain
- 497-504 Teenage dropouts and drug use: Does the specification of peer group structure matter?
by Glaser, Darrell J.
- 505-511 Multi-product total cost functions for higher education: The case of Chinese research universities
by Longlong, Hou & Fengliang, Li & Weifang, Min
- 512-522 Non-formal basic education as a development priority: Evidence from Nicaragua
by Handa, Sudhanshu & Pineda, Heiling & Esquivel, Yannete & Lopez, Blancadilia & Gurdian, Nidia Veronica & Regalia, Ferdinando
2009, Volume 28, Issue 3
- 287-294 The impact of athletic performance on alumni giving: An analysis of microdata
by Meer, Jonathan & Rosen, Harvey S.
- 295-307 Selection bias in college admissions test scores
by Clark, Melissa & Rothstein, Jesse & Schanzenbach, Diane Whitmore
- 308-317 Can a public scholarship program successfully reduce school drop-outs in a time of economic crisis? Evidence from Indonesia
by Cameron, Lisa
- 318-328 Do universities benefit local youth? Evidence from the creation of new universities
by Frenette, Marc
- 329-336 Estimating peer effects in Swedish high school using school, teacher, and student fixed effects
by Sund, Krister
- 337-344 Religion and education gender gap: Are Muslims different?
by Hajj, Mandana & Panizza, Ugo
- 345-356 The French zones d'éducation prioritaire: Much ado about nothing?
by Bénabou, Roland & Kramarz, Francis & Prost, Corinne
- 357-369 Effort allocation in tournaments: The effect of gender on academic performance in Italian universities
by Castagnetti, Carolina & Rosti, Luisa
- 370-381 Using school scholarships to estimate the effect of private education on the academic achievement of low-income students in Chile
by Anand, Priyanka & Mizala, Alejandra & Repetto, Andrea
- 382-392 Is there "white flight" into private schools? New evidence from High School and Beyond
by Li, Mingliang
- 393-402 On reconstructing school segregation: The efficacy and equity of single-sex schooling
by Billger, Sherrilyn M.
- 403-414 The effect of kindergarten classroom size reduction on second grade student achievement: Evidence from California
by Funkhouser, Edward
2009, Volume 28, Issue 2
- 162-169 The international transferability of immigrants' human capital
by Chiswick, Barry R. & Miller, Paul W.
- 170-177 An empirical analysis of borrowing behaviour of higher education students in the Netherlands
by Oosterbeek, Hessel & van den Broek, Anja
- 178-188 Cognitive skills among children in Senegal: Disentangling the roles of schooling and family background
by Glick, Peter & Sahn, David E.
- 189-198 Differences in the distribution of high school achievement: The role of class-size and time-in-term
by Corak, Miles & Lauzon, Darren
- 199-206 The effect of community college enrollment on bachelor's degree completion
by Doyle, William R.
- 207-216 School quality and learning gains in rural Guatemala
by Marshall, Jeffery H.
- 217-226 Aggregate unemployment decreases individual returns to education
by Ammermueller, Andreas & Kuckulenz, Anja & Zwick, Thomas
- 227-236 Effects of school choice on the margin: The cream is already skimmed
by Walsh, Patrick
- 237-248 University decision making and prestige: An empirical study
by Cyrenne, Philippe & Grant, Hugh
- 249-257 Social trust and the growth of schooling
by Bjrnskov, Christian
- 258-267 Congratulations or condolences? The role of human capital in the cultivation of a university administrator
by McDowell, John & Singell Jr., Larry D. & Stater, Mark
- 268-276 School-year employment and academic performance of young adolescents
by Sabia, Joseph J.
- 277-285 Monetary returns to academic ability in the public teacher labor market
by Player, Daniel
2009, Volume 28, Issue 1
- 11-17 Non-market effects of education on crime: Evidence from Italian regions
by Buonanno, Paolo & Leonida, Leone
- 18-28 Prestige, charitable deductions and other determinants of alumni giving: Evidence from a highly selective liberal arts college
by Holmes, Jessica
- 29-37 An alternative instrument for private school competition
by Cohen-Zada, D.
- 38-48 The mythical 'boy crisis'?
by Husain, Muna & Millimet, Daniel L.
- 49-57 Do teacher characteristics matter? New results on the effects of teacher preparation on student achievement
by Kukla-Acevedo, Sharon
- 58-66 Local amenities, unobserved quality, and market clearing: Adjusting teacher compensation to provide equal education opportunities
by Tuck, Bradford & Berman, Matthew & Hill, Alexandra
- 67-73 What level of education matters most for growth?: Evidence from Portugal
by Pereira, João & St. Aubyn, Miguel
- 74-79 Differences in community colleges' missions: Evidence from California
by Gill, Andrew M. & Leigh, Duane E.
- 80-89 The over-education of UK immigrants and minority ethnic groups: Evidence from the Labour Force Survey
by Lindley, Joanne
- 90-98 Education inputs, student performance and school finance reform in Michigan
by Chaudhary, Latika
- 99-106 The impact of merit-based financial aid on college enrollment: A field experiment
by Monks, James
- 107-113 Higher education institutions' costs and efficiency: Taking the decomposition a further step
by Johnes, Geraint & Johnes, Jill
- 114-121 Overqualification: Major or minor mismatch?
by Brynin, Malcolm & Longhi, Simonetta
- 122-128 The causal effect of education on health: Evidence from the United Kingdom
by Silles, Mary A.
- 129-134 The gender difference of peer influence in higher education
by Han, Li & Li, Tao
- 135-142 The effects of exemptions to Florida's test-based promotion policy: Who is retained?: Who benefits academically?
by Greene, Jay P. & Winters, Marcus A.
- 143-151 Testing implications of a tournament model of school district salary schedules
by Heutel, Garth
- 152-160 The implications of changing educational and family circumstances for children's grade progression in rural Pakistan: 1997-2004
by Lloyd, Cynthia B. & Mete, Cem & Grant, Monica J.
2008, Volume 27, Issue 6
- 615-631 What does certification tell us about teacher effectiveness? Evidence from New York City
by Kane, Thomas J. & Rockoff, Jonah E. & Staiger, Douglas O.
- 632-645 Community college student success: What institutional characteristics make a difference?
by Calcagno, Juan Carlos & Bailey, Thomas & Jenkins, Davis & Kienzl, Gregory & Leinbach, Timothy
- 646-654 Course scheduling and academic performance
by Dills, Angela K. & Hernández-Julián, Rey
- 655-663 An estimation of technical efficiency for Florida public elementary schools
by Conroy, Stephen J. & Arguea, Nestor M.
- 664-675 The role of mathematical and verbal skills on the returns to graduate and professional education
by Song, Moohoun & Orazem, Peter F. & Wohlgemuth, Darin
- 676-687 The role of grade sensitivity in explaining the gender imbalance in undergraduate economics
by Rask, Kevin & Tiefenthaler, Jill
- 688-696 School cost functions: A meta-regression analysis
by Colegrave, Andrew D. & Giles, Margaret J.
- 697-711 Mixing versus sorting in schooling: Evidence from the equalization policy in South Korea
by Kim, Taejong & Lee, Ju-Ho & Lee, Young
- 712-723 Do reductions in class size "crowd out" parental investment in education?
by Datar, Ashlesha & Mason, Bryce
- 724-740 Returns to education in the economic transition: A systematic assessment using comparable data
by Flabbi, Luca & Paternostro, Stefano & Tiongson, Erwin R.
2008, Volume 27, Issue 5
- 483-503 Does teacher testing raise teacher quality? Evidence from state certification requirements
by Angrist, Joshua D. & Guryan, Jonathan
- 504-516 Teacher licensure status and student achievement: Lessons from private schools
by Sharkey, Nancy S. & Goldhaber, Dan
- 517-535 College majors and the knowledge content of jobs
by Freeman, James A. & Hirsch, Barry T.
- 536-545 Does money buy higher schooling?: Evidence from secondary school track choice in Germany
by Tamm, Marcus
- 546-555 Degree flexibility and university drop-out: The Italian experience
by Di Pietro, Giorgio & Cutillo, Andrea
- 556-563 The influence of an NCLB accountability plan on the distribution of student test score gains
by Springer, Matthew G.
- 564-574 The labour market effects of Alma Mater: Evidence from Italy
by Brunello, Giorgio & Cappellari, Lorenzo
- 575-587 Child labour and educational success in Portugal
by Goulart, Pedro & Bedi, Arjun S.
- 588-602 College quality and early adult outcomes
by Long, Mark C.
- 603-612 The cost efficiency impact of the university operation fund on public universities in Taiwan
by Kuo, Jenn-Shyong & Ho, Yi-Cheng
2008, Volume 27, Issue 4
- 363-374 A time allocation study of university faculty
by Link, Albert N. & Swann, Christopher A. & Bozeman, Barry
- 375-386 Double your major, double your return?
by Del Rossi, Alison F. & Hersch, Joni
- 387-401 Bullying, education and earnings: Evidence from the National Child Development Study
by Brown, Sarah & Taylor, Karl
- 402-416 Demand (and supply) in an inter-district public school choice program
by Reback, Randall
- 417-428 Management by results: Student evaluation of faculty teaching and the mis-measurement of performance
by Langbein, Laura
- 429-438 Does school choice increase the rate of youth entrepreneurship?
by Sobel, Russell S. & King, Kerry A.
- 439-449 Social capital and student learning: Empirical results from Latin American primary schools
by Anderson, Joan B.
- 450-459 Costs of attendance and the educational programs of first-time community college students
by Nutting, Andrew W.
- 460-470 Are measured school effects just sorting?: Causality and correlation in the National Education Longitudinal Survey
by Levine, David I. & Painter, Gary
- 471-482 The cost structure of higher education in further education colleges in England
by Lenton, Pamela
2008, Volume 27, Issue 3
- 243-252 Performance pay for teachers: Determinants and consequences
by Belfield, Clive R. & Heywood, John S.
- 253-265 Where class size really matters: Class size and student ratings of instructor effectiveness
by Bedard, Kelly & Kuhn, Peter
- 266-275 Three measures of returns to education: An illustration for the case of Spain
by Arrazola, María & de Hevia, José
- 276-284 Effects of decentralization on school resources
by Ahlin, Åsa & Mörk, Eva
- 285-298 Efficiency, technology and productivity change in Australian universities, 1998-2003
by Worthington, Andrew C. & Lee, Boon L.
- 299-307 The role of education in health system performance
by Grignon, Michel
- 308-318 Unequal education, poverty and low growth--A theoretical framework for rural education of China
by Wu, Fangwei & Zhang, Deyuan & Zhang, Jinghua
- 319-331 A multinomial logit model of college stopout and dropout behavior
by Stratton, Leslie S. & O'Toole, Dennis M. & Wetzel, James N.
- 332-341 Education, educational mismatch, and wage inequality: Evidence for Spain
by Budría, Santiago & Moro-Egido, Ana I.
- 342-353 Language, high school leadership and the postsecondary outcomes of Hispanic students
by Lozano, Fernando A.
- 354-362 Birth order and participation in school sports and other extracurricular activities
by Rees, Daniel I. & Lopez, Elizabeth & Averett, Susan L. & Argys, Laura M.
2008, Volume 27, Issue 2
- 125-139 The effects of over-education on earnings in the graduate labour market
by Dolton, Peter J. & Silles, Mary A.
- 140-148 School attendance and district and school size
by Jones, John T. & Toma, Eugenia F. & Zimmer, Ron W.
- 149-160 Estimating returns to education using different natural experiment techniques
by Leigh, Andrew & Ryan, Chris
- 161-172 In sickness and in health--Till education do us part: Education effects on hospitalization
by Arendt, Jacob Nielsen
- 173-183 What makes a leader? Relative age and high school leadership
by Dhuey, Elizabeth & Lipscomb, Stephen
- 184-196 The causal effect of graduating from a top university on promotion: Evidence from the University of Tokyo's 1969 admission freeze
by Kawaguchi, Daiji & Ma, Wenjie
- 197-210 Who goes to graduate/professional school? The importance of economic fluctuations, undergraduate field, and ability
by Bedard, Kelly & Herman, Douglas A.
- 211-220 Gains in standardized test scores: Evidence of diminishing returns to achievement
by Driscoll, Donna & Halcoussis, Dennis & Svorny, Shirley
- 221-233 The effects of class size on student grades at a public university
by Kokkelenberg, Edward C. & Dillon, Michael & Christy, Sean M.
- 234-242 Benefits of bilingualism: Evidence from Mormon missionaries
by Pope, Devin G.
2008, Volume 27, Issue 1
- 14-21 Educational attainment and HIV/AIDS prevalence: A cross-country study
by Lakhanpal, Manisha & Ram, Rati
- 22-38 How schools and students respond to school improvement programs: The case of Brazil's PDE
by Carnoy, Martin & Gove, Amber K. & Loeb, Susanna & Marshall, Jeffery H. & Socias, Miguel
- 39-47 Perceived rates of return to higher education: Further evidence from Cyprus
by Menon, Maria Eliophotou
- 48-57 Comparing teacher salaries: Insights from the U.S. census
by Taylor, Lori L.
- 58-68 Strategic responses to school accountability measures: It's all in the timing
by Sims, David P.
- 69-78 Teens' alcohol consumption and schooling
by Renna, Francesco
- 79-93 Field of study choice by community college students in Canada
by Boudarbat, Brahim
- 94-107 Education and Italian regional development
by Di Liberto, Adriana
- 108-110 List of Editorial Referees
by Cohn, Elchanan
2007, Volume 26, Issue 6
- 643-644 In memoriam: Jean-Claude Eicher
by Millot, Benoit
- 645-647 Introduction to the special issue in memory of Jean-Claude Eicher: The Second Dijon Conference
by Millot, Benoit
- 648-659 Student achievement conditioned upon school selection: Religious and secular secondary school quality in Bangladesh
by Niaz Asadullah, Mohammad & Chaudhury, Nazmul & Dar, Amit
- 660-672 Do teachers' wages matter for proficiency? Evidence from a funding reform in Brazil
by Menezes-Filho, Naercio & Pazello, Elaine
- 673-682 Teacher credentials and student achievement: Longitudinal analysis with student fixed effects
by Clotfelter, Charles T. & Ladd, Helen F. & Vigdor, Jacob L.
- 683-698 The determinants and impact of private tutoring classes in Vietnam
by Dang, Hai-Anh
- 699-708 The public returns to public educational investments in African-American males
by Levin, Henry M. & Belfield, Clive & Muennig, Peter & Rouse, Cecilia
- 709-723 What does it take to achieve equality of opportunity in education?: An empirical investigation based on Brazilian data
by Waltenberg, Fabio D. & Vandenberghe, Vincent
- 724-734 Family background, financial constraints and higher education attendance in China
by Li, Wenli
- 735-746 Distributional effects of educational improvements: Are we using the wrong model?
by Bourguignon, Francois & Rogers, F. Halsey
- 747-757 Aspiration levels and educational choices: An experimental study
by Page, Lionel & Levy Garboua, Louis & Montmarquette, Claude
- 758-770 Schools, skills and risk
by Hartog, Joop & Vijverberg, Wim
- 771-788 The effects of education quality on income growth and mortality decline
by Jamison, Eliot A. & Jamison, Dean T. & Hanushek, Eric A.
2007, Volume 26, Issue 5
- 521-531 Overeducation in the graduate labour market: A quantile regression approach
by McGuinness, Seamus & Bennett, Jessica
- 532-545 From districts to schools: The distribution of resources across schools in big city school districts
by Rubenstein, Ross & Schwartz, Amy Ellen & Stiefel, Leanna & Amor, Hella Bel Hadj
- 546-558 The economic impact of colleges and universities
by Siegfried, John J. & Sanderson, Allen R. & McHenry, Peter
- 559-573 Evidence on the returns to secondary vocational education
by Meer, Jonathan
- 574-587 Minimum wage effects on educational enrollments in New Zealand
by Pacheco, Gail A. & Cruickshank, Amy A.
- 588-603 Positive outcomes from poor starts: Predictors of dropping back in
by Hill, Laura E. & Jepsen, Christopher
- 604-614 The influence of childhood maltreatment on adolescents' academic performance
by Slade, Eric P. & Wissow, Lawrence S.
- 615-628 Do school teacher parents make a difference?
by McFarlin Jr., Isaac
- 629-640 Schooling and test scores: A mother-natural experiment
by Marcotte, Dave E.
- 641-642 Our Underachieving Colleges: A Candid Look at How Much Students Learn and Why They Should Be Learning More, Derek Bok. Princeton University Press, Princeton and Oxford (2006). ($29.95), ISBN:978-0-691-12596-1
by Patrick Leonard, W.
2007, Volume 26, Issue 4
- 397-407 Education and job match: The relatedness of college major and work
by Robst, John
- 408-419 Wage effects of an extra year of basic vocational education
by Oosterbeek, Hessel & Webbink, Dinand
- 420-432 Immigrant overeducation: Evidence from recent arrivals to Australia
by Green, Colin & Kler, Parvinder & Leeves, Gareth
- 433-449 Quality, tuition, and applications to in-state public colleges
by McDuff, DeForest
- 450-462 The role of high school performance in explaining women's rising college enrollment
by Cho, Donghun
- 463-472 Secondary school extracurricular involvement and academic achievement: a fixed effects approach
by Lipscomb, Stephen
- 473-486 Does performance related pay for teachers improve student performance? Some evidence from India
by Kingdon, Geeta Gandhi & Teal, Francis
- 487-500 Educational production and teacher preferences
by Bosworth, Ryan & Caliendo, Frank
- 501-515 Parental choice and school quality when peer and scale effects matter
by O'Shaughnessy, Terry
- 516-520 Research note: Athletic graduation rates and Simpson's Paradox
by Matheson, Victor A.
2007, Volume 26, Issue 3
- 271-284 Does examination hell pay off ? A cost-benefit analysis of "ronin" and college education in Japan
by Ono, Hiroshi
- 285-295 For whom the Pell tolls: The response of university tuition to federal grants-in-aid
by Singell, Larry Jr. & Stone, Joe A.
- 296-311 The influence of financial aid in leveling group differences in graduating from elite institutions
by Alon, Sigal
- 312-324 Teacher qualifications and early learning: Effects of certification, degree, and experience on first-grade student achievement
by Croninger, Robert G. & Rice, Jennifer King & Rathbun, Amy & Nishio, Masako
- 325-337 Understanding the level and causes of teacher turnover: A comparison with other professions
by Harris, Douglas N. & Adams, Scott J.
- 338-348 Public versus private university presidents pay levels and structure
by Monks, James
- 349-360 Language skills and earnings: Evidence from a pre-industrial economy in the Bolivian Amazon
by Godoy, Ricardo & Reyes-Garcia, Victoria & Seyfried, Craig & Huanca, Tomas & Leonard, William R. & McDade, Thomas & Tanner, Susan & Vadez, Vincent
- 361-374 Academic performance, childhood economic resources, and the choice to leave school at age 16
by Maani, Sholeh A. & Kalb, Guyonne
- 375-386 Using conjoint analysis to estimate employers preferences for key competencies of master level Dutch graduates entering the public health field
by Biesma, R.G. & Pavlova, M. & van Merode, G.G. & Groot, W.
- 387-394 A theoretical assessment of regional development effects on the demand for general education
by Iwahashi, Roki
- 395-396 Erratum to: "Comparative benefit-cost analysis of the Abecedarian program and its policy implications": [Econ. Educ. Rev. 26 (2007) 113-125]
by Barnett, W. Steven & Masse, Leonard N.
2007, Volume 26, Issue 2
- 145-159 Race, poverty, and teacher mobility
by Scafidi, Benjamin & Sjoquist, David L. & Stinebrickner, Todd R.
- 160-172 A descriptive analysis of the distribution of NBPTS-certified teachers in North Carolina
by Goldhaber, Dan & Choi, Hyung-Jai & Cramer, Lauren
- 173-185 On the use of student data in efficiency analysis--Technical efficiency in Swedish upper secondary school
by Waldo, Staffan
- 186-200 The health effects of education
by Groot, Wim & Maassen van den Brink, Henriette
- 201-214 Grades as information
by Grant, Darren
- 215-231 Are successive investments in education equally worthwhile? Endogenous schooling decisions and non-linearities in the earnings-schooling relationship
by Skalli, Ali
- 232-243 Monetizing college reputation: The case of Taiwan's engineering and medical schools
by Tao, Hung-Lin
- 244-255 The influence of the US News and World Report collegiate rankings on the matriculation decision of high-ability students: 1995-2004
by Griffith, Amanda & Rask, Kevin
- 257-258 Rachel Connelly, Deborah S. DeGraff, Rachel A.Willis. Kids at Work: The Value of Employer-Sponsored On-site Child Care Centers. W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research, Kalamazoo, MI (2004), ISBN 0-88099-304-9 (175pp, $16.00, Paper)
by Ribar, David C.
- 259-260 Clive R. Belfield and M. Levin Henry, Editors, Privatizing educational choices: Consequences for parents, schools and public policy, Paradigm Publishers, Boulder, London (2005) ix-225pp
by Glomm, G.
- 261-262 Sara McLanahan (Eds.), School Readiness: Closing Racial and Ethnic Gaps; A special issue of the journal The Future of Children, Princeton University and Brookings Institution, Princeton, NJ, ISBN: 0-8157-5559-7, 2005 ($40.00, 2005, 196pp.)
by Harris, Douglas N.
- 263-264 The Political Economy of Education: Implications for Growth and Inequality. M. Gradstein, M. Justman, V. Meier. The MIT Press, Cambridge, MA (2005). 169 pp., $32, ISBN:0-262-07256-4
by Bifulco, Robert
- 265-266 Sylvia A. Allegretto, Sean P. Corcoran and Lawrence Mishel, How does teacher pay compare? Methodological challenges and answers, Economic Policy Institute, Washington, DC (2004) ISBN 1-932066-14-4 58pp
by Krieg, John M.
- 267-268 Getting Choice Right: Ensuring Equity and Efficiency in Education Policy. Betts, J.R., Loveless, T. (Eds.), Brookings Institution, Washington, DC (2005), ISBN 0815753314 (255pp., index. $49.95 (cloth), $19.95 (paper))
by Getz, Malcolm
- 269-270 Who's in charge here? The tangled web of school governance and policy. N. Epstein (Ed.), Brookings Institution Press The Washington, DC and Education Commission of the States, Denver, CO (2004) ISBN: 0-8157-2472-1, (303pp, $ 32.95, cloth); ISBN: 0-8157-2471-3 ($22.95 paper)
by Kim, Sunwoong
2007, Volume 26, Issue 1
- 1-2 Introduction to the special issue `The economics of early childhood education' Economics of education review
by Belfield, Clive R.
- 3-16 Educational vouchers for universal pre-schools
by Levin, Henry M. & Schwartz, Heather L.
- 17-32 The effects of welfare and employment programs on children's participation in Head Start
by Chang, Young Eun & Huston, Aletha C. & Crosby, Danielle A. & Gennetian, Lisa A.
- 33-51 Does prekindergarten improve school preparation and performance?
by Magnuson, Katherine A. & Ruhm, Christopher & Waldfogel, Jane
- 52-66 How much is too much? The influence of preschool centers on children's social and cognitive development
by Loeb, Susanna & Bridges, Margaret & Bassok, Daphna & Fuller, Bruce & Rumberger, Russell W.
- 67-82 Does full-day kindergarten matter? Evidence from the first two years of schooling
by DeCicca, Philip
- 83-99 Getting inside the "Black Box" of Head Start quality: What matters and what doesn't
by Currie, Janet & Neidell, Matthew
- 100-112 Do peers influence children's skill development in preschool?
by Henry, Gary T. & Rickman, Dana K.
- 113-125 Comparative benefit-cost analysis of the Abecedarian program and its policy implications
by Barnett, W.S. & Masse, Leonard N.