Economics of Education Review
2007, Volume 26, Issue 1
- 126-144 Benefits and costs of investments in preschool education: Evidence from the Child-Parent Centers and related programs
by Temple, Judy A. & Reynolds, Arthur J.
2006, Volume 25, Issue 6
- 575-590 The effects of interrupted enrollment on graduation from college: Racial, income, and ability differences
by DesJardins, Stephen L. & Ahlburg, Dennis A. & McCall, Brian P.
- 591-604 Fertility, relative wages, and labor market decisions: A case of female teachers
by Shin, Jaeun & Moon, Sangho
- 605-617 Institutional research productivity and the connection to average student quality and overall reputation
by Porter, Stephen R. & Toutkoushian, Robert K.
- 619-632 Schools, school quality and achievement growth: Evidence from the Philippines
by Bacolod, Marigee P. & Tobias, Justin L.
- 633-645 Private school location and neighborhood characteristics
by Barrow, Lisa
- 647-658 Asymmetries in progression in higher education in Taiwan: Parental education and income effects
by Liu, Jin-Tan & Chou, Shin-Yi & Liu, Jin-Long
- 659-673 Is there an impact of household computer ownership on children's educational attainment in Britain?
by Schmitt, John & Wadsworth, Jonathan
- 675-676 Elusive Equity--Education Reform in Post-apartheid South Africa, Edward B. Fiske, Helen F. Ladd. Brookings Institution Press, Washington, DC (2004), ISBN 0-8157-2480-9 (xiii+268pp.)
by van der Berg, Servaas
- 677-678 By a thread: How child care centers hold on to teachers, how teachers build lasting careers. M. Whitebook, L. Sakai, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research, Kalamazoo, MI, (2004). ISBN:0-88099-301-4 ($ 40 (cloth); $ 16 (paper), 145 pp)
by Krieg, John M.
- 679-681 P. Teixeira, B. Jongbloed, D. Dill and A. Amaral, Editors, Markets in Higher Education: Rhetoric or Reality?, Kluwer, Dordrecht, The Netherlands (2004) (354pp. (hb). Address: Kluwer Publishers, POB 17, 3300 AA Dordrecht, the Netherlands)
by Becker, William E.
- 682-683 Felix Buchel, Andries de Grip and Antje Mertens, Editors, Overeducation in Europe. Current Issues in Theory and Policy, Edward Elgar, Cheltenam, UK (2003) (Xi+239pp., $105.00)
by Pastore, Francesco
- 684-685 Ronald G. Ehrenberg, Editor, Governing Academia, Cornell University Press, Ithica, NY (2004) (324pp., $35.00 Cloth)
by Frey, Donald E.
- 686-687 Machin Stephen and Vignoles Anna, Editors, What's the Good of Education? The Economics of Education in the UK, Princeton University Press, Princeton, Oxford (2005), p. 272 ($39.50 (paper))
by Adnett, Nick
2006, Volume 25, Issue 5
- 463-471 Alternative paths to college completion: Effect of attending a 2-year school on the probability of completing a 4-year degree
by Sandy, Jonathan & Gonzalez, Arturo & Hilmer, Michael J.
- 472-481 Marijuana consumption and school failure among Spanish students
by Duarte, Rosa & Escario, Jose Julian & Molina, Jose Alberto
- 482-497 Does alcohol use during high school affect educational attainment?: Evidence from the National Education Longitudinal Study
by Chatterji, Pinka
- 498-509 Evidence on the relationship between firm-based screening and the returns to education
by Brown, Sarah & Sessions, John G.
- 510-520 Why we should care if teachers get A's: Teacher test scores and student achievement in Mexico
by Santibanez, Lucrecia
- 521-531 Demand for public education: Evidence from a rural school district
by Stair, Anthony & Rephann, Terance J. & Heberling, Matt
- 532-542 The effects of state funding on property tax rates and school construction
by Plummer, Elizabeth
- 543-553 Cost efficiency in the university: A departmental evaluation model
by Gimenez, Victor M. & Martinez, Jose Luis
- 554-564 Determinants of human capital formation and economic growth of African countries
by Oketch, Moses O.
- 565-573 Does watching television rot your mind? Estimates of the effect on test scores
by Zavodny, Madeline
2006, Volume 25, Issue 4
- 347-350 School-to-work and educational reform symposium: Introduction
by Neumark, David
- 351-373 Cohort changes in the transition from school to work: Evidence from three NLS surveys
by Bacolod, Marigee & Joseph Hotz, V.
- 374-393 School-to-career programs and transitions to employment and higher education
by Neumark, David & Rothstein, Donna
- 394-411 Smoothing the transition to college? The effect of Tech-Prep programs on educational attainment
by Cellini, Stephanie Riegg
- 412-429 Educational outcomes of labor-market linking and job placement for students at public and private 2-year colleges
by Person, Ann E. & Rosenbaum, James E.
- 430-446 Do gains in test scores explain labor market outcomes?
by Rose, Heather
- 447-462 Alternative school policies and the benefits of general cognitive skills
by Hanushek, Eric A.
2006, Volume 25, Issue 3
- 237-237 Preface to Special Issue in Honor of W. Pierce Liles
by Cohn, Elchanan
- 238-240 W. Pierce Liles: Dedication
by Kiker, B.F.
- 241-248 Why do field differentials in average faculty salaries vary across universities?
by Ehrenberg, Ronald G. & McGraw, Marquise & Mrdjenovic, Jesenka
- 249-257 The role of 2-year colleges in the improving situation of Hispanic postsecondary education
by Gonzalez, Arturo & Hilmer, Michael J.
- 259-272 College selectivity and the Texas top 10% law
by Niu, Sunny Xinchun & Tienda, Marta & Cortes, Kalena
- 273-288 Data envelopment analysis and its application to the measurement of efficiency in higher education
by Johnes, Jill
- 289-302 Mobility and turnover among school principals
by Gates, Susan M. & Ringel, Jeanne S. & Santibanez, Lucrecia & Guarino, Cassandra & Ghosh-Dastidar, Bonnie & Brown, Abigail
- 303-313 Demand for education in Turkey: A tobit analysis of private tutoring expenditures
by Tansel, AysIt & Bircan, Fatma
- 315-326 Evaluating program effectiveness: A case study of the School-to-Work Opportunities Act in California
by Neumark, David
- 327-333 Measurement error, education production and data envelopment analysis
by Ruggiero, John
- 335-340 International accreditation and brain drain: A simple model
by Lien, Donald
- 341-342 S.S. Donald, Skill-Biased Technological Change, UpJohn Institute for Employment, Kalamazoo, Michigan W.E. (1999) pp. viii+139. Price:$30.00/cloth
by Handel, Michael J.
- 343-344 J.E. Groccia and J.E. Miller, Editors, On Becoming a Productive University: Strategies for Reducing Cost and Increasing Quality in Higher Education, Anker Publishing, London (2005) (pp. xxv+358, $39.95 hardcover)
by Leonard, W. Patrick
- 345-346 Robert E. Martin, Editor, Cost Control, College Access, and Competition in Higher Education, Edward Elgar, Cheltenham, UK (2005) (258pp., price: $100)
by John, Edward P. St.
2006, Volume 25, Issue 2
- 121-132 The effects of age at arrival and enclave schools on the academic performance of immigrant children
by Cortes, Kalena E.
- 133-146 Subsidies, selectivity and the returns to education in urban Papua New Guinea
by Gibson, John & Fatai, Osaiasi Koliniusi
- 147-156 Mexico's labor market: The importance of education-occupation matching on wages and productivity in developing countries
by Quinn, Michael A. & Rubb, Stephen
- 157-171 Should schools be smaller? The size-performance relationship for Welsh schools
by Foreman-Peck, James & Foreman-Peck, Lorraine
- 173-178 Convergence of educational attainment levels in the OECD: More data, more problems?
by Crespo Cuaresma, Jesus
- 179-187 Alcohol abuse and truancy among Spanish adolescents: A count-data approach
by Duarte, R. & Escario, J.J.
- 189-199 A game-theoretic model of curriculum integration and school leadership
by Stull, William J.
- 201-210 Where do the children of professors attend college?
by Siegfried, John & Getz, Malcolm
- 211-219 The validity of two education requirement measures
by van der Meer, Peter H.
- 221-231 Occupational differences between recent male and female college graduates
by Joy, Lois
- 233-234 Robert H. Haveman, Andrew Bershadker and Jonathan A. Schwabish, Human Capital in the United States from 1975 to 2000: Patterns of Growth and Utilization, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research, Kalamazoo, MI (2003) ISBN 0-88099-255-7 (pp. xii+229, $17.00)
by Groothuis, Peter A.
- 235-236 Hanushel Eric, Editor, The economics of schooling and school quality, Edward Elgar Publishing, Northampton, MA (2003), p. xiv+440 (Vol. 1)+528 (Vol. 2)
by Merrifield, John
2006, Volume 25, Issue 1
- 1-1 Editorial
by Cohn, Elchanan
- 7-11 Ten ways to know Paul A. Samuelson
by Szenberg, Michael & Ramrattan, Lall & Gottesman, Aron
- 13-27 Teacher quality and attrition
by Krieg, John M.
- 29-41 Access: Net prices, affordability, and equity at a highly selective college
by Hill, Catharine B. & Winston, Gordon C.
- 43-62 Does delaying kindergarten entrance give children a head start?
by Datar, Ashlesha
- 63-75 Using shocks to school enrollment to estimate the effect of school size on student achievement
by Kuziemko, Ilyana
- 77-90 Student achievement and efficiency in Missouri schools and the No Child Left Behind Act
by Primont, Diane F. & Domazlicky, Bruce
- 91-107 Private returns to human capital over transition: A case study of Belarus
by Pastore, Francesco & Verashchagina, Alina
- 109-119 Does ending affirmative action in college admissions lower the percent of minority students applying to college?
by Dickson, Lisa M.
2005, Volume 24, Issue 6
- 633-649 Gender gap in returns to schooling in Palestine
by Daoud, Yousef
- 651-663 The demand for higher education in The Netherlands, 1950-1999
by Canton, Erik & de Jong, Frank
- 665-675 Gender imbalance in college applications: Does it lead to a preference for men in the admissions process?
by Baum, Sandy & Goodstein, Eban
- 677-689 School district size and student educational attainment: evidence from Denmark
by Heinesen, Eskil
- 691-704 Growing up in an intact vs. non-intact family and the transition from school to permanent work: A gender approach for Spain in 2000
by Canada-Vicinay, Juan A.
2005, Volume 24, Issue 5
- 491-512 The access implications of income-contingent charges for higher education: lessons from Australia
by Chapman, Bruce & Ryan, Chris
- 513-532 How much more does a disadvantaged student cost?
by Duncombe, William & Yinger, John
- 533-547 The effects of home computers on school enrollment
by Fairlie, Robert W.
- 549-562 Schooling effects on subsequent university performance: evidence for the UK university population
by Smith, Jeremy & Naylor, Robin
- 563-577 School quality and family background in Italy
by Brunello, Giorgio & Checchi, Daniele
- 579-599 Schooling quality in Eastern Europe: Educational production during transition
by Ammermuller, Andreas & Heijke, Hans & Wo[ss]mann, Ludger
- 601-609 Strategic determination of higher education subsidies and tuitions
by Fethke, Gary
2005, Volume 24, Issue 4
- 369-376 Beauty in the classroom: instructors' pulchritude and putative pedagogical productivity
by Hamermesh, Daniel S. & Parker, Amy
- 377-392 Who teaches whom? Race and the distribution of novice teachers
by Clotfelter, Charles T. & Ladd, Helen F. & Vigdor, Jacob
- 393-405 Making SAT scores optional in selective college admissions: a case study
by Robinson, Michael & Monks, James
- 407-416 Optimal scale of a public elementary school with commuting costs--a case study of Taipei county
by Tao, Hung-Lin & Yuan, Ming-Ching
- 417-430 The short term effect of educational debt on job decisions
by Minicozzi, Alexandra
- 431-449 Teacher salaries and teacher attrition
by Imazeki, Jennifer
- 451-457 Charter school location
by Glomm, Gerhard & Harris, Douglas & Lo, Te-Fen
- 459-468 In-school work experience and the returns to two-year and four-year colleges
by Molitor, Christopher J. & Leigh, Duane E.
- 469-483 Determining demand for university education in Ontario by type of student
by Mueller, Richard E. & Rockerbie, Duane
- 485-486 In: Richard S. Ruch, Editor, Higher Ed, Inc.: The Rise of the For-Profit University, The Johns Hopkins University Press, Baltimore, MD (2001) ISBN 0-8018-7447-5 (182pp., $18.95 Paper)
by Roth, Andrew
- 487-488 Edward P. St. John (Ed.), Refinancing the College Dream, The Johns Hopkins University Press, Baltimore, MD (2003) ISBN 0-8018-7265-0 (263pp., $44.95 hardcover)
by Breneman, David W.
2005, Volume 24, Issue 3
- 251-262 Effects of in-class variation and student rank on the probability of withdrawal: cross-section and time-series analysis for UK university students
by Arulampalam, Wiji & Naylor, Robin A. & Smith, Jeremy P.
- 263-274 Differences between public and private institutions of higher education in the enrollment of transfer students
by Cheslock, John J.
- 275-295 Training determinants and productivity impact of training in China: a case of Shanghai
by Ng, Ying Chu
- 297-308 Academic choice behavior of high school students: economic rationale and empirical evidence
by Zietz, Joachim & Joshi, Prathibha
- 309-322 Grade inflation and school competition: an empirical analysis based on the Swedish upper secondary schools
by Wikstrom, Christina & Wikstrom, Magnus
- 323-339 Adjusting teacher salaries for the cost of living: the effect on salary comparisons and policy conclusions
by Stoddard, Christiana
- 341-354 Gender differences in employment and earnings in science and engineering in the US
by Graham, John W. & Smith, Steven A.
- 355-367 The dubious utility of the value-added concept in higher education: the case of accounting
by Yunker, James A.
2005, Volume 24, Issue 2
- 133-147 The effect of charter schools on charter students and public schools
by Bettinger, Eric P.
- 149-160 Does education cause better health? A panel data analysis using school reforms for identification
by Arendt, Jacob Nielsen
- 161-170 Education returns of wage earners and self-employed workers: Portugal vs. Spain
by Garcia-Mainar, Inmaculada & Montuenga-Gomez, Victor M.
- 171-178 Asset distribution and tertiary education expenditure in developing countries
by Hwang, Jinyoung
- 179-188 The effects of gender on salary-at-hire in the academic labor market
by Toumanoff, Peter
- 189-195 Is there a difference between private and public education on college performance?
by Horowitz, John B. & Spector, Lee
- 197-212 The educational outcomes of occupational sub-baccalaureate students: evidence from the 1990s
by Alfonso, Mariana & Bailey, Thomas R. & Scott, Marc
- 213-233 Race, equity, and public schools in post-Apartheid South Africa: Equal opportunity for all kids
by Yamauchi, Futoshi
- 235-236 In: Michael Watts and William B. Walstad, Editors, Reforming Economics and Economic Teaching in the Transition Economies, Edward Elgar, Northampton, MA (2002), p. 247 with index, Price US$ 90.00 (hardcover)
by Getz, Malcolm
- 237-239 In: Richard P. Chait, Editors, The Questions of Tenure, Harvard University Press, Cambridge, MA (2002) pp. 334+xii, Price $35.00 (cloth)
by Becker, William E.
- 240-241 In: Robert K. Toutkoushian, Editors, Conducting Salary-Equity Studies Alternative Approaches to Research 115, Jossey-Bass, San Francisco (2002) (110pp., $ 29.00 paper). In: Robert K. Toutkoushian, Editors, Unresolved Issues in Conducting Salary-Equity Studies 117, Jossey-Bass, San Francisco (2003) (119pp., $ 29.00 paper)
by Cooper, Sam
- 242-243 In: William Howell and Paul Peterson, Editors, The Education Gap, Brookings Institution Press, Washington, DC (2002) (xix+208+67 pp., Appendices and Notes, $28.95 cloth)
by Merrifield, John
- 244-245 In: Caroline Hoxby, Editors, The Economics of School Choice, University of Chicago Press, Chicago (2003) (xiv+352pp., $75.00 cloth)
by Merrifield, John
- 246-247 In: Mark Harrison, Editors, Education Matters: Government, Markets, and New Zealand Schools, Education forum, Wellington, New Zealand (2004) (ix+412 pp., NZ $ 39.58 paper)
by Merrifield, John
- 248-249 Amanda L. Ahlstrand, Laurie J. Bassi, Daniel P. McMurrer. Kalamazoo and W.E. Michigan, Workplace Education for Low-Wage Workers, Upjohn Institute for Employment Research (2003) (pp. ix+175, $40.00 paper).Richard W. Moore, Daniel R. Blake, G. Michael Phillips, Daniel McConaughy. Kalamazoo and W.E. Michigan, Training that works Lessons from California's employment training panel program, Upjohn Institute for Employment Research (2003) (pp. ix+219, $20.00 paper)
by Leonard, W. Patrick
2005, Volume 24, Issue 1
- 1-17 Early childhood behaviours, schooling and labour market outcomes: estimates from a sample of twins
by Le, Anh T. & Miller, Paul W. & Heath, Andrew C. & Martin, Nick
- 19-28 Does cream-skimming curdle the milk? A study of peer effects
by Dills, Angela K.
- 29-43 Parenting practices and children's education outcomes
by Kan, Kamhon & Tsai, Wei-Der
- 45-53 Do modern forms of human capital matter in primitive economies? Comparative evidence from Bolivia
by Godoy, Ricardo & Karlan, Dean S. & Rabindran, Shanti & Huanca, Tomas
- 55-65 Faculty productivity in supervising doctoral students' dissertations at Cornell University
by Crosta, Peter M. & Packman, Iris G.
- 67-83 Graduates' personality characteristics and labor market entry an empirical study among dutch economics graduates
by Semeijn, Judith & Boone, Christophe & van der Velden, Rolf & van Witteloostuijn, Arjen
- 85-95 Does one size fit all? University differences in the influence of wages, financial aid, and integration on student retention
by Kerkvliet, Joe & Nowell, Clifford
- 97-102 From kickoff to commencement: the positive role of intercollegiate athletics in higher education
by Mixon, Franklin Jr & Trevino, Len J.
- 103-108 The real university cost in a "free" higher education country
by Psacharopoulos, George & Papakonstantinou, George
- 109-111 In: Paul T. Hill and Robin J. Lake with Mary Beth Celio, Editors, Charter Schools and Accountability in Public Education, The Brookings Institution, Washington, DC (2002) 160 pp., ISBN 0-8157-0266-3, $ 39.95 (cloth), ISBN 0-8157-0267-1, $16.95 (paperback)
by Kim, Sunwoong
- 112-113 Gender and education for all: the leap to equality, 2003, UNESCO Publishing, United Nations (416pp., price: 24 euros (paper)). SummaryPlus | Full Text + Links | PDF (142 K)
by Weber, William L.
- 114-114 In: J. Patrick Raines and Charles E. Leathers, Editors, The economic institutions of higher education: economic theories of university behavior, Cheltenham, UK and Northampton, MA, Elgar (2003) (pp. 251)
by Frey, Donald E.
- 115-116 In: Claudio de Moura Castro and Norma M. Garcia, Editors, Community Colleges A Model for Latin America?, Inter-American Development Bank. The Johns Hopkins University Press, Washington, DC (2003) (193pp., $24.95 paper)
by Carvajal, Manuel J.
- 117-118 Christopher Avery, Andrew Fairbanks and Richard Zeckhauser, The Early Admissions Game: Joining the Elite, Harvard University Press, Cambridge, MA (2003) (377pp., $29.95 hardcover)
by Hu, Shouping
- 119-120 In: Mosteller Frederick and Boruch Robert, Editors, Evidence Matters: Randomized Trials in Education Research, Brookings Institution Press, Washington, DC (2002), p. viii+231 ($22.95 paper)
by Mulligan, James G.
- 121-123 In: Edward P. Lazear, Editors, Education in the Twenty-first Century, Hoover Institution Press, Stanford, CA (2002) ISBN 0-8179-2892-8 (192 pp., $15.00 paperback)
by McMahon, Walter.W.
- 124-125 Douglas S. Massey, Camille Z. Charles, Garvey F. Lundy and Mary J. Fischer, The Source of the River: The Social Origins of Freshmen at America's Selective Colleges and Universities, Princeton University Press, Princeton, NJ (2003) (283pp., $29.95 cloth)
by Parker, Jeffrey
- 126-127 In: Sheldon A. Danziger and Robert H. Haveman, Editors, Understanding Poverty, Harvard University Press, Cambridge, MA (2002), p. ix+566 $24.95 (paper)
by Ribar, David C. & Toomey, Neal E.
- 128-129 In: Robert B. Archibald, Editors, Redesigning the Financial Aid System Why Colleges and Universities Should Switch Roles with the Federal Government, John Hopkins University Press, Baltimore, MD (2002) (XIV+238 pp., Price $ 42.00 cloth)
by Brown, William Jr
- 130-131 Ham Marteen van, and Delft Eburon, Job access, workplace mobility, and occupational achievement (2002) pp. 165. price 29[euro] (paper)
by Lassibille, Gerard
2004, Volume 23, Issue 6
- 549-549 Preface to special issue in honor of B.F. Kiker
by Cohn, Elchanan
- 553-554 Introduction to special issue in honor of B.F. Kiker
by Heath, Julie
- 555-576 The role of test scores in explaining race and gender differences in wages
by Blackburn, McKinley L.
- 577-586 Determinants of undergraduate GPAs: SAT scores, high-school GPA and high-school rank
by Cohn, Elchanan & Cohn, Sharon & Balch, Donald C. & Bradley, James Jr.
- 587-603 Economic development, human capital, and gender earnings differentials in China
by Ng, Ying Chu
- 605-614 But can she cook? Women's education and housework productivity
by Sharp, David C. & Heath, Julia A. & Smith, William T. & Knowlton, David S.
- 615-631 Gender-based wage differentials in a predominantly female profession: observations from nursing
by Jones, Cheryl Bland & Gates, Michael
- 633-643 Disentangling the effect of education on emergency department utilization
by Dismuke, Clara E. & Kunz, F. Jr
- 645-653 Students' expectations of the economic returns to college education: results of a controlled experiment
by Botelho, Anabela & Pinto, Ligia Costa
- 655-661 A reexamination of the effect of big-time football and basketball success on graduation rates and alumni giving rates
by Tucker, Irvin B.
- 663-667 Blocking student performance in high school?
by Hughes, Woodrow Jr
2004, Volume 23, Issue 5
- 459-471 Come and stay a while: does financial aid effect retention conditioned on enrollment at a large public university?
by Singell, Larry Jr.
- 473-482 A test of the sorting model of education in Australia
by Miller, Paul W. & Mulvey, Charles & Martin, Nick
- 483-495 Do parental cash transfers weaken performance in college?
by Bodvarsson, Orn B. & Walker, Rosemary L.
- 497-506 The effect of public and private competition on high school outputs in New York State
by Greene, Kenneth V. & Kang, Byung-Goo
- 507-518 The academic quality of public school teachers: an analysis of entry and exit behavior
by Podgursky, Michael & Monroe, Ryan & Watson, Donald
- 519-531 The evolution of the graduation-publication process
by Liu, Haoming & Park, Cheolsung
- 533-546 "No significant distance" between face-to-face and online instruction: evidence from principles of economics
by Coates, Dennis & Humphreys, Brad R. & Kane, John & Vachris, Michelle A.
- 547-548 Higher education in developing countries: peril and promise: The Task Force on Higher Education and Society. Washington, D.C.: The World Bank, 2000, 135 pp. Price: $20.00 (paper)
by Hosni, Djehane
2004, Volume 23, Issue 4
- 315-315 Preface to special issue in honor of Lewis C. Solmon
by Cohn, Elchanan
- 317-317 Introduction to special issue in honor of Lewis C. Solmon
by Psacharopoulos, George
- 319-319 A reminiscence on Lew Solmon
by Krueger, Alan B.
- 321-321 One memory of Lew
by Levin, Henry
- 323-338 Putting computerized instruction to the test: a randomized evaluation of a "scientifically based" reading program
by Rouse, Cecilia Elena & Krueger, Alan B.
- 339-349 The devil's in the details: evidence from the GED on large effects of small differences in high stakes exams
by Tyler, John H. & Murnane, Richard J. & Willett, John B.
- 351-360 Should high school economics courses be compulsory?
by Belfield, Clive R. & Levin, Henry M.
- 361-379 Educational attainment: analysis by immigrant generation
by Chiswick, Barry R. & DebBurman, Noyna
- 381-402 The impacts of career-technical education on high school labor market success
by Bishop, John H. & Mane, Ferran
- 403-410 The economics and politics of cost sharing in higher education: comparative perspectives
by Johnstone, D. Bruce
- 411-430 Paying for high- and low-quality teaching
by Schacter, John & Thum, Yeow Meng
- 431-440 Can parents choose the best schools for their children?
by Bast, Joseph L. & Walberg, Herbert J.
- 441-452 International education quality
by Heyneman, Stephen P.
2004, Volume 23, Issue 3
- 213-219 Siblings and gender differences in African-American college attendance
by Loury, Linda Datcher
- 221-235 Basic skills and the earnings of dropouts
by Tyler, John H.
- 237-247 Can effective teacher behavior be identified?
by Bonesronning, Hans
- 249-257 The effects of local colleges on the quality of college attended
by Do, Chau
- 259-271 Do charter schools skim students or drain resources?
by Dee, Thomas S. & Fu, Helen
- 273-286 Changing returns to education in times of prosperity and crisis, Thailand 1985-1998
by Hawley, Joshua D.
- 287-299 The scholastic progress of students with entrepreneurial parents
by Davila, Alberto & Mora, Marie T.
- 301-314 The inequality implications of highly selective promotion practices
by Mete, Cem
2004, Volume 23, Issue 2
- 103-113 Can students predict starting salaries? Yes!
by Webbink, Dinand & Hartog, Joop
- 115-131 Advanced Placement: do minorities have equal opportunity?
by Klopfenstein, Kristin
- 133-141 Adolescent marijuana use and school attendance
by Roebuck, M. Christopher & French, Michael T. & Dennis, Michael L.
- 143-151 Do school inspections improve school quality? Ofsted inspections and school examination results in the UK
by Rosenthal, Leslie
- 153-165 Anomalies in economics enrollment: 1991-1992 to 1995-1996
by Lombardi, Waldo & Ramrattan, Lall B. & Szenberg, Michael
- 167-175 Factors affecting initial enrollment intensity: part-time versus full-time enrollment
by Stratton, Leslie S. & O'Toole, Dennis M. & Wetzel, James N.
- 177-189 Tuition discounting without tears
by Martin, Robert E.
- 191-202 Research spillovers among European and North-American economics departments
by Kalaitzidakis, Pantelis & Mamuneas, Theofanis P. & Savvides, Andreas & Stengos, Thanasis
- 203-208 Seeking every advantage: the phenomenon of taking both the SAT and ACT
by Thomas, M. Kathleen
- 209-210 Beyond college for all: career paths for the forgotten half: by James Rosenbaum. New York, NY: Russell Sage Foundation, 2001, pp. 300. Price $29.95 (cloth)
by Robst, John
2004, Volume 23, Issue 1
- 1-9 The determinants of parental effort in education production: do parents respond to changes in class size?
by Bonesronning, Hans
- 11-28 Analyzing the success of student transitions from 2- to 4-year institutions within a state
by Ehrenberg, Ronald G. & Smith, Christopher L.
- 29-45 The overqualified Canadian graduate: the role of the academic program in the incidence, persistence, and economic returns to overqualification
by Frenette, Marc
- 47-55 Does education at all levels cause growth? India, a case study
by Self, Sharmistha & Grabowski, Richard
- 57-65 Cost, quality and enrollment demand at liberal arts colleges
by Buss, Christian & Parker, Jeffrey & Rivenburg, Jon
- 67-74 Budgetary allocations and efficiency in the human resources policy of a university following multiple criteria
by Caballero, Rafael & Galache, Teodoro & Gomez, Trinidad & Molina, Julian & Torrico, Angel
- 75-83 Education and earnings growth: evidence from 11 European countries
by Brunello, Giorgio & Comi, Simona
- 85-94 Federal contributions to high-income school districts: the use of tax deductions for funding K-12 education
by Loeb, Susanna & Socias, Miguel
- 95-102 The effect of community colleges on changing students' educational aspirations
by Leigh, Duane E. & Gill, Andrew M.
2003, Volume 22, Issue 6
- 547-560 The effective use of student time: a stochastic frontier production function case study
by Dolton, Peter & Marcenaro, Oscar D. & Navarro, Lucia
- 561-566 Smoking, discount rates, and returns to education
by Fersterer, Josef & Winter-Ebmer, Rudolf
- 567-580 Family background, school enrollments and wastage: evidence from Arab countries
by AL-Qudsi, Sulayman S.
- 581-589 Firm-related training tracks: a random effects ordered probit model
by Groot, Wim & van den Brink, Henriette Maassen
- 591-601 Endowment spending rates, intergenerational equity and the sources of capital gains
by Woglom, Geoffrey
- 603-609 The changing quality of business education
by Mason, Paul M. & Steagall, Jeffrey W. & Fabritius, Michael M.
- 611-620 Demand for private supplementary tutoring: conceptual considerations, and socio-economic patterns in Hong Kong
by Bray, Mark & Kwok, Percy
- 621-629 Overeducation in the labor market: a comment and re-analysis of a meta-analysis
by Rubb, S.
- 631-634 Comment on estimating school efficiency
by Ruggiero, John