The impact of origin community characteristics on rural-urban out-migration in a developing country
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Anderson, Dennis & Leiserson, Mark W, 1980. "Rural Nonfarm Employment in Developing Countries," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 28(2), pages 227-248, January.
- Mincer, Jacob, 1978. "Family Migration Decisions," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 86(5), pages 749-773, October.
- Richard A. Easterlin, 1980. "Population and Economic Change in Developing Countries," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number east80-1, Juni.
- Bilsborrow, Richard E., 1981. "Surveys of internal migration in low-income countries: the need for and content of community-level variables," ILO Working Papers 992114393402676, International Labour Organization.
- Richard Easterlin, 1980. "Introduction to "Population and Economic Change in Developing Countries"," NBER Chapters, in: Population and Economic Change in Developing Countries, pages 1-4, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bravo-Ureta, B. & Ely, R.D. & Pelto, P.J. & Meneses, L. & Allen, L.H. & Pelto, G.H. & Chavez, A., 1989. "Determinants of Rural-to-Urban Labour Movements in Mexico: Household Perspective," 1989 Occasional Paper Series No. 5 197707, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Michael A. Clemens, 2014. "Does development reduce migration?," Chapters, in: Robert E.B. Lucas (ed.),International Handbook on Migration and Economic Development, chapter 6, pages 152-185, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Ashley Poston & Brian E. Whitacre, 2014.
"How Specialized is “Too” Specialized? Outmigration and Industry Diversification in Nonmetropolitan Counties across America,"
Journal of Economic Insight (formerly the Journal of Economics (MVEA)), Missouri Valley Economic Association, vol. 40(2), pages 37-63.
- Jackson, Ashley & Whitacre, Brian E., 2012. "How Specialized is “too” Specialized? Outmigration and Industry Diversification in Nonmetropolitan Counties across America," 2012 Annual Meeting, February 4-7, 2012, Birmingham, Alabama 119739, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Hammad Gilani & Sohail Ahmad & Waqas Ahmed Qazi & Syed Muhammad Abubakar & Murtaza Khalid, 2020. "Monitoring of Urban Landscape Ecology Dynamics of Islamabad Capital Territory (ICT), Pakistan, Over Four Decades (1976–2016)," Land, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(4), pages 1-23, April.
- Beauchemin, Cris & Schoumaker, Bruno, 2005. "Migration to cities in Burkina Faso: Does the level of development in sending areas matter?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(7), pages 1129-1152, July.
- Lawrence Brown & Andrew Goetz, 1987. "Development-related contextual effects and individual attributes in third world migration processes: A Venezuelan example," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 24(4), pages 497-516, November.
- Sanghamitra Bandyopadhyay & Elliott Green, 2018.
"Urbanization and mortality decline,"
Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 58(2), pages 483-503, March.
- Sanghamitra Bandyopadhyay & Elliott Green, 2013. "Urbanization and Mortality Decline," Working Papers 46, Queen Mary, University of London, School of Business and Management, Centre for Globalisation Research.
- Bandyopadhyay, Sanghamitra & Green, Elliott D., 2018. "Urbanization and mortality decline," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 85897, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Adams, Richard H., Jr., 1991. "The effects of international remittances on poverty, inequality, and development in rural Egypt:," Research reports 86, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Tyler W. Myroniuk & Michael J. White & Mark Gross & Rebecca Wang & Carren Ginsburg & Mark Collinson, 2018. "Does it Take a Village? Migration among Rural South African Youth," Population Research and Policy Review, Springer;Southern Demographic Association (SDA), vol. 37(6), pages 1079-1108, December.
- Williams, Nathaniel J. & Jaramillo, Paulina & Taneja, Jay & Ustun, Taha Selim, 2015. "Enabling private sector investment in microgrid-based rural electrification in developing countries: A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 1268-1281.
- Peter Mueser, 1989. "Measuring the impact of locational characteristics on migration: Interpreting cross-sectional analyses," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 26(3), pages 499-513, August.
- Michael Clemens, 2014. "Does Development Reduce Migration? - Working Paper 359," Working Papers 359, Center for Global Development.
- Arland Thornton & Nathalie E. Williams & Prem Bhandari & Linda Young-DeMarco & Cathy Sun & Jeffrey Swindle & Christina Hughes & Yu Xie, 2019. "Influences of Material Aspirations on Migration," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 56(1), pages 75-102, February.
- Clark Gray & Richard Bilsborrow, 2013. "Environmental Influences on Human Migration in Rural Ecuador," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 50(4), pages 1217-1241, August.
- Khandaker Mursheda, Farhanan & Kazi Abdul, Mannan, 2019. "Socioeconomic impact of rural urban migration: A revisit of slum dwellers in northern region of Bangladesh," MPRA Paper 98152, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2019.
- Jessica Pearlman & Lisa D. Pearce & Dirgha J. Ghimire & Prem Bhandari & Taylor Hargrove, 2017. "Postmarital Living Arrangements in Historically Patrilocal Settings: Integrating Household Fission and Migration Perspectives," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 54(4), pages 1425-1449, August.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:demogr:v:24:y:1987:i:2:p:191-210. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.