Environmental Influences on Human Migration in Rural Ecuador
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Stark, Oded & Bloom, David E, 1985. "The New Economics of Labor Migration," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(2), pages 173-178, May.
- Richard Bilsborrow & Thomas McDevitt & Sherrie Kossoudji & Richard Fuller, 1987. "The impact of origin community characteristics on rural-urban out-migration in a developing country," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 24(2), pages 191-210, May.
- Andrew Dillon & Valerie Mueller & Sheu Salau, 2011.
"Migratory Responses to Agricultural Risk in Northern Nigeria,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 93(4), pages 1048-1061.
- Dillon, Andrew & Mueller, Valerie & Salau, Sheu, 2010. "Migratory responses to agricultural risk in Northern Nigeria," IFPRI discussion papers 1007, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Halliday, Timothy, 2006.
"Migration, Risk, and Liquidity Constraints in El Salvador,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 54(4), pages 893-925, July.
- Timothy Halliday, 2005. "Migration, Risk and Liquidity Constraints in El Salvador," Working Papers 200511, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Economics, revised 28 Mar 2006.
- Stefan Dercon, 2002.
"Income Risk, Coping Strategies, and Safety Nets,"
World Bank Research Observer,
World Bank Group, vol. 17(2), pages 141-166, September.
- Stefan Dercon, 2000. "Income risk, coping strategies and safety nets," CSAE Working Paper Series 2000-26, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Dercon, Stefan, 2002. "Income Risk, Coping Strategies and Safety Nets," WIDER Working Paper Series 022, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Richard Johnson & Julie DaVanzo, 1998.
"Economic and cultural influences on the decision to leave home in Peninsular Malaysia,"
Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 35(1), pages 97-114, February.
- Johnson, R-W & DaVanzo, J, 1997. "Economic and Cultural Influences on the Decision to Leave Home in Peninsular Malaysia," Papers 97-03, RAND - Labor and Population Program.
- Ellis, Frank, 2000. "Rural Livelihoods and Diversity in Developing Countries," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198296966.
- Jeffrey Groen & Anne Polivka, 2010. "Going home after Hurricane Katrina: Determinants of return migration and changes in affected areas," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 47(4), pages 821-844, November.
- Frank Biermann & Ingrid Boas, 2010. "Preparing for a Warmer World: Towards a Global Governance System to Protect Climate Refugees," Global Environmental Politics, MIT Press, vol. 10(1), pages 60-88, February.
- Tina Glasner & Wander Vaart, 2009. "Applications of calendar instruments in social surveys: a review," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 43(3), pages 333-349, May.
- Rosenzweig, Mark R & Stark, Oded, 1989.
"Consumption Smoothing, Migration, and Marriage: Evidence from Rural India,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(4), pages 905-926, August.
- Rosenzweig, Mark R. & Stark, Oded, 1987. "Consumption Smoothing, Migration and Marriage: Evidence from Rural India," Bulletins 7515, University of Minnesota, Economic Development Center.
- Kaivan Munshi, 2003. "Networks in the Modern Economy: Mexican Migrants in the U. S. Labor Market," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 118(2), pages 549-599.
- Gray, Clark & Mueller, Valerie, 2012. "Drought and Population Mobility in Rural Ethiopia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 134-145.
- Kazianga, Harounan & Udry, Christopher, 2006.
"Consumption smoothing? Livestock, insurance and drought in rural Burkina Faso,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 79(2), pages 413-446, April.
- Harounan Kazianga & Christopher Udry, 2004. "Consumption Smoothing? Livestock, Insurance and Drought in Rural Burkina Faso," Working Papers 898, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- Kazianga, Harounan & Udry, Christopher R., 2004. "Consumption Smoothing? Livestock, Insurance and Drought in Rural Burkina Faso," Center Discussion Papers 28497, Yale University, Economic Growth Center.
- Stanislav Kolenikov & Gustavo Angeles, 2009. "Socioeconomic Status Measurement With Discrete Proxy Variables: Is Principal Component Analysis A Reliable Answer?," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 55(1), pages 128-165, March.
- World Bank, 2004. "Ecuador : Poverty Assessment," World Bank Other Operational Studies 14593, The World Bank.
- James P. Smith & Duncan Thomas, 2003.
"Remembrances of things past: test-retest reliability of retrospective migration histories,"
Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A,
Royal Statistical Society, vol. 166(1), pages 23-49.
- James P. Smith & Duncan Thomas, 2004. "Remembrances of Things Past: Test-Retest Reliability of Retrospective Migration Histories," Labor and Demography 0403026, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Stanley Smith & Christopher McCarty, 1996. "Demographic effects of natural disasters: a case study of hurricane andrew," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 33(2), pages 265-275, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jean-François Maystadt & Valerie Mueller & Ashwini Sebastian, 2016.
"Environmental Migration and Labor Markets in Nepal,"
Journal of the Association of Environmental and Resource Economists,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 3(2), pages 417-452.
- Maystadt, Jean-FranÃ§ois & Mueller, Valerie & Sebastian, Ashwini, 2014. "Environmental migration and labor markets in Nepal:," IFPRI discussion papers 1364, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Jean-Francois Maystadt & Valerie Mueller & Ashwini Sebastian, 2014. "Environmental migration and labor markets in Nepal," Working Papers 66401053, Lancaster University Management School, Economics Department.
- Michel Beine & Lionel Jeusette, 2018. "A Meta-Analysis of the Literature on Climate Change and Migration," CREA Discussion Paper Series 18-05, Center for Research in Economic Analysis, University of Luxembourg.
- Javier Baez & German Caruso & Valerie Mueller & Chiyu Niu, 2017. "Droughts augment youth migration in Northern Latin America and the Caribbean," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 140(3), pages 423-435, February.
- Cattaneo, Cristina & Peri, Giovanni, 2016.
"The migration response to increasing temperatures,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 122(C), pages 127-146.
- Cristina Cattaneo & Giovanni Peri, 2015. "The Migration Response to Increasing Temperatures," Working Papers 2015.87, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Cristina Cattaneo & Giovanni Peri, 2015. "The Migration Response to Increasing Temperatures," NBER Working Papers 21622, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mbaye, Linguere Mously & Zimmermann, Klaus F., 2016.
"Natural Disasters and Human Mobility,"
International Review of Environmental and Resource Economics,
now publishers, vol. 10(1), pages 37-56, November.
- Mbaye, Linguère Mously & Zimmermann, Klaus, 2016. "Natural Disasters and Human Mobility," Working Papers 244019, University of Bonn, Center for Development Research (ZEF).
- Mbaye, Linguère M. & Zimmermann, Klaus F., 2016. "Natural disasters and human mobility," MERIT Working Papers 040, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Clark Gray & Erika Wise, 2016. "Country-specific effects of climate variability on human migration," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 135(3), pages 555-568, April.
- repec:dem:demres:v:38:y:2018:i:14 is not listed on IDEAS
- Vally Koubi & Sebastian Stoll & Gabriele Spilker, 2016. "Perceptions of environmental change and migration decisions," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 138(3), pages 439-451, October.
- repec:gam:jlands:v:5:y:2016:i:2:p:10:d:68661 is not listed on IDEAS
- Margaret Buck Holland & Sierra Zaid Shamer & Pablo Imbach & Juan Carlos Zamora & Claudia Medellin Moreno & Efraín J. Leguía Hidalgo & Camila I. Donatti & M. Ruth Martínez-Rodríguez & Celia A. Harvey, 2017. "Mapping adaptive capacity and smallholder agriculture: applying expert knowledge at the landscape scale," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 141(1), pages 139-153, March.
- Olper, A. & Falco, C. & Galeotti, M., 2018. "Climate Change, Agriculture and Migration: Is there a Causal Relationship ?," 2018 Conference, July 28-August 2, 2018, Vancouver, British Columbia 277488, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Chiara Falco & Marzio Galeotti & Alessandro Olper, 2018. "Climate change and Migration: Is Agriculture the Main Channel?," IEFE Working Papers 100, IEFE, Center for Research on Energy and Environmental Economics and Policy, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy.
- Karl S. Zimmerer & Steven J. Vanek, 2016. "Toward the Integrated Framework Analysis of Linkages among Agrobiodiversity, Livelihood Diversification, Ecological Systems, and Sustainability amid Global Change," Land, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 5(2), pages 1-28, April.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:10:y:2018:i:5:p:1405-:d:144280 is not listed on IDEAS
- Raphael J. Nawrotzki & Jack DeWaard & Maryia Bakhtsiyarava & Jasmine Trang Ha, 2017. "Climate shocks and rural-urban migration in Mexico: exploring nonlinearities and thresholds," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 140(2), pages 243-258, January.
- Thiede, Brian C., 2014. "Rainfall Shocks and Within-Community Wealth Inequality: Evidence from Rural Ethiopia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 181-193.
- Solomon Asfaw & Giuseppe Maggio & Alessandro Palma, 2018. "Climate Resilience Pathways of Rural Households. Evidence from Ethiopia," SPRU Working Paper Series 2018-18, SPRU - Science Policy Research Unit, University of Sussex Business School.
More about this item
KeywordsInternational migration; Internal migration; Climate; Environment; Event history;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:demogr:v:50:y:2013:i:4:p:1217-1241. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.