Economic and Cultural Influences on the Decision to Leave Home in Peninsular Malaysia
Although the departure of children from parental home is an important life-cycle event, few studies have investigated nestleaving in developing countries. We find that the departure of children, especially sons, responds to economic incentives, including housing costs, family business, education and economic growth, and that ethnic differences in nestleaving are important.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:||1997|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: RAND, Labor and Population Program, 1776 Main Street, P.O. Box 2138 Santa Monica, CA 90407-2138.|
Phone: (310) 393-0411, x7359
Web page: http://www.rand.org/labor.html
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lee A. Lillard & Robert J. Willis, 1994.
"Intergenerational Educational Mobility: Effects of Family and State in Malaysia,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 29(4), pages 1126-1166.
- Lillard, L.A. & Willis, R.J., 1993. "Intergenerational Educational Mobility: Efects of Family and State in Malaysia," Papers 93-38, RAND - Labor and Population Program.
- Lillard, L.A. & Willis, R.J., 1995. "Intergenerational Educational Mobility, Effects of Family and State in Malaysia," Papers 95-02, RAND - Reprint Series.
- Winkler, Anne E., 1992. "The impact of housing costs on the living arrangements of single mothers," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 388-403, November.
- Anderson, Kathryn H. & Hill, M. Anne & Butler, J. S., 1987. "Age at marriage in Malaysia : A hazard model of marriage timing," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 223-234, August.
- Borsch-Supan, Axel, 1986. "Household formation, housing prices, and public policy impacts," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 145-164, July. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)