The Effect of Hydro-meteorological Emergencies on Internal Migration
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Robalino, Juan & Jimenez, José & Chacón, Adriana, 2015. "The Effect of Hydro-Meteorological Emergencies on Internal Migration," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 438-448.
References listed on IDEAS
- Cebula, Richard J. & Alexander, Gigi M., 2006. "Determinants of Net Interstate Migration, 2000-2004," Journal of Regional Analysis and Policy, Mid-Continent Regional Science Association, vol. 36(2).
- Mathilde MAUREL & Zaneta KUBIK, 2014.
"Climate Variability and Migration: Evidence from Tanzania,"
- Zaneta Kubik & Mathilde Maurel, 2016. "Climate Variability and Migration: Evidence from Tanzania," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-01225366, HAL.
- Mathilde MAUREL & Zaneta KUBIK, 2014. "Climate Variability and Migration: Evidence from Tanzania," Working Papers P104, FERDI.
- Shuaizhang Feng & Michael Oppenheimer & Wolfram Schlenker, 2012. "Climate Change, Crop Yields, and Internal Migration in the United States," NBER Working Papers 17734, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stark, Oded & Bloom, David E, 1985. "The New Economics of Labor Migration," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(2), pages 173-178, May.
- Halliday, Timothy, 2006.
"Migration, Risk, and Liquidity Constraints in El Salvador,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 54(4), pages 893-925, July.
- Timothy Halliday, 2005. "Migration, Risk and Liquidity Constraints in El Salvador," Working Papers 200511, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Economics, revised 28 Mar 2006.
- Marchiori, Luca & Maystadt, Jean-François & Schumacher, Ingmar, 2012.
"The impact of weather anomalies on migration in sub-Saharan Africa,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 63(3), pages 355-374.
- Luca MARCHIORI & Jean-François MAYSTADT & Ingmar SCHUMACHER, 2011. "The Impact of Weather Anomalies on Migration in sub-Saharan Africa," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 2011034, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Graves, Philip E., 1980. "Migration and climate," MPRA Paper 19916, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Fields, Gary S, 1982. "Place-to-Place Migration in Colombia," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 30(3), pages 539-558, April.
- Wadycki, Walter J, 1974. "Alternative Opportunities and Interstate Migration: Some Additional Results," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 56(2), pages 254-257, May.
- Kaivan Munshi, 2003. "Networks in the Modern Economy: Mexican Migrants in the U. S. Labor Market," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 118(2), pages 549-599.
- Gray, Clark & Mueller, Valerie, 2012. "Drought and Population Mobility in Rural Ethiopia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 134-145.
- Cebula, Richard & Vedder, Richard, 1972. "A Note on Migration, Economic Opportunity, and the Quality of Life," MPRA Paper 49824, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 06 Jul 1972.
- Papke, Leslie E & Wooldridge, Jeffrey M, 1996.
"Econometric Methods for Fractional Response Variables with an Application to 401(K) Plan Participation Rates,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(6), pages 619-632, Nov.-Dec..
- Leslie E. Papke & Jeffrey M. Wooldridge, 1993. "Econometric Methods for Fractional Response Variables with an Application to 401(k) Plan Participation Rates," NBER Technical Working Papers 0147, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Drabo, Alassane & Mbaye, Linguère Mously, 2011. "Climate Change, Natural Disasters and Migration: An Empirical Analysis in Developing Countries," IZA Discussion Papers 5927, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Robert McLeman, 2013. "Developments in modelling of climate change-related migration," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 117(3), pages 599-611, April.
- Elisabeth Meze-Hausken, 2000. "Migration caused by climate change: how vulnerable are people inn dryland areas?," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 5(4), pages 379-406, December.
- Harris, John R & Todaro, Michael P, 1970. "Migration, Unemployment & Development: A Two-Sector Analysis," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 60(1), pages 126-142, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Isabelle Chort & Maëlys Rupelle, 2016.
"Determinants of Mexico-U.S. Outward and Return Migration Flows: A State-Level Panel Data Analysis,"
Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 53(5), pages 1453-1476, October.
- Isabelle Chort & Maëlys de la Rupelle, 2015. "Determinants of Mexico-US outward and return migration flows: a state-level panel data analysis," Working Papers DT/2015/03, DIAL (Développement, Institutions et Mondialisation).
- Isabelle Chort & Maëlys De La Rupelle, 2017. "Determinants of Mexico-US outwards and return migration flows: A state-level panel data analysis," Working Papers hal-01516057, HAL.
- Maëlys De La Rupelle & Isabelle Chort, 2016. "Determinants of Mexico-US outward and return migration flows: A state-level panel data analysis," Post-Print hal-01507730, HAL.
- Koubi, Vally & Spilker, Gabriele & Schaffer, Lena & Bernauer, Thomas, 2016. "Environmental Stressors and Migration: Evidence from Vietnam," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 79(C), pages 197-210.
- Maria Waldinger & Centre for Climate Change Economics and Policy, 2015. "The Effects of Climate Change on Internal and International Migration: Implications for Developing Countries," Working Papers id:7569, eSocialSciences.
More about this item
Keywordsseparated by commas;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-04-11 (All new papers)
- NEP-GER-2014-04-11 (German Papers)
- NEP-MIG-2014-04-11 (Economics of Human Migration)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rff:dpaper:dp-13-17-efd. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Webmaster). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/degraus.html .