The Effect of Hydro-meteorological Emergencies on Internal Migration
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Robalino, Juan & Jimenez, José & Chacón, Adriana, 2015. "The Effect of Hydro-Meteorological Emergencies on Internal Migration," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 438-448.
References listed on IDEAS
- Cebula, Richard J. & Alexander, Gigi M., 2006. "Determinants of Net Interstate Migration, 2000-2004," Journal of Regional Analysis and Policy, Mid-Continent Regional Science Association, vol. 36(2), pages 1-8.
- Mathilde MAUREL & Zaneta KUBIK, 2014.
"Climate Variability and Migration: Evidence from Tanzania,"
- Zaneta Kubik & Mathilde Maurel, 2016. "Climate Variability and Migration: Evidence from Tanzania," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-01225366, HAL.
- Mathilde MAUREL & Zaneta KUBIK, 2014. "Climate Variability and Migration: Evidence from Tanzania," Working Papers P104, FERDI.
- Shuaizhang Feng & Michael Oppenheimer & Wolfram Schlenker, 2012. "Climate Change, Crop Yields, and Internal Migration in the United States," NBER Working Papers 17734, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stark, Oded & Bloom, David E, 1985. "The New Economics of Labor Migration," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(2), pages 173-178, May.
- Halliday, Timothy, 2006.
"Migration, Risk, and Liquidity Constraints in El Salvador,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 54(4), pages 893-925, July.
- Timothy Halliday, 2005. "Migration, Risk and Liquidity Constraints in El Salvador," Working Papers 200511, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Economics, revised 28 Mar 2006.
- Marchiori, Luca & Maystadt, Jean-François & Schumacher, Ingmar, 2012.
"The impact of weather anomalies on migration in sub-Saharan Africa,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 63(3), pages 355-374.
- Luca MARCHIORI & Jean-François MAYSTADT & Ingmar SCHUMACHER, 2011. "The Impact of Weather Anomalies on Migration in sub-Saharan Africa," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 2011034, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Graves, Philip E., 1980. "Migration and climate," MPRA Paper 19916, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Fields, Gary S, 1982. "Place-to-Place Migration in Colombia," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 30(3), pages 539-558, April.
- Wadycki, Walter J, 1974. "Alternative Opportunities and Interstate Migration: Some Additional Results," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 56(2), pages 254-257, May.
- Kaivan Munshi, 2003. "Networks in the Modern Economy: Mexican Migrants in the U. S. Labor Market," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 118(2), pages 549-599.
- Gray, Clark & Mueller, Valerie, 2012. "Drought and Population Mobility in Rural Ethiopia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 134-145.
- Cebula, Richard & Vedder, Richard, 1972. "A Note on Migration, Economic Opportunity, and the Quality of Life," MPRA Paper 49824, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 06 Jul 1972.
- Papke, Leslie E & Wooldridge, Jeffrey M, 1996.
"Econometric Methods for Fractional Response Variables with an Application to 401(K) Plan Participation Rates,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(6), pages 619-632, Nov.-Dec..
- Leslie E. Papke & Jeffrey M. Wooldridge, 1993. "Econometric Methods for Fractional Response Variables with an Application to 401(k) Plan Participation Rates," NBER Technical Working Papers 0147, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Drabo, Alassane & Mbaye, Linguère Mously, 2011. "Climate Change, Natural Disasters and Migration: An Empirical Analysis in Developing Countries," IZA Discussion Papers 5927, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Robert McLeman, 2013. "Developments in modelling of climate change-related migration," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 117(3), pages 599-611, April.
- Elisabeth Meze-Hausken, 2000. "Migration caused by climate change: how vulnerable are people inn dryland areas?," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 5(4), pages 379-406, December.
- Harris, John R & Todaro, Michael P, 1970. "Migration, Unemployment & Development: A Two-Sector Analysis," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 60(1), pages 126-142, March.
- repec:bla:blaboo:1557860300 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Isabelle Chort & Maëlys Rupelle, 2016.
"Determinants of Mexico-U.S. Outward and Return Migration Flows: A State-Level Panel Data Analysis,"
Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 53(5), pages 1453-1476, October.
- Isabelle Chort & Maëlys de la Rupelle, 2015. "Determinants of Mexico-US outward and return migration flows: a state-level panel data analysis," Working Papers DT/2015/03, DIAL (Développement, Institutions et Mondialisation).
- Isabelle Chort & Maëlys de la Rupelle, 2017. "Determinants of Mexico-US outwards and return migration flows: A state-level panel data analysis," Working Papers hal-01516057, HAL.
- Maëlys de La Rupelle & Isabelle Chort, 2016. "Determinants of Mexico-US outward and return migration flows: A state-level panel data analysis," Post-Print hal-01507730, HAL.
- Naqvi, Asjad & Monasterolo, Irene, 2019. "Natural Disasters, Cascading Losses, and Economic Complexity: A Multi-layer Behavioral Network Approach," Ecological Economic Papers 6914, WU Vienna University of Economics and Business.
- Koubi, Vally & Spilker, Gabriele & Schaffer, Lena & Bernauer, Thomas, 2016. "Environmental Stressors and Migration: Evidence from Vietnam," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 79(C), pages 197-210.
- Maria Waldinger & Centre for Climate Change Economics and Policy, 2015. "The Effects of Climate Change on Internal and International Migration: Implications for Developing Countries," Working Papers id:7569, eSocialSciences.
More about this item
Keywordsseparated by commas;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rff:dpaper:dp-13-17-efd. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Webmaster). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/degraus.html .