Environment, Land, and Rural Out-migration in the Southern Ecuadorian Andes
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Reardon, Thomas & Taylor, J. Edward, 1996. "Agroclimatic shock, income inequality, and poverty: Evidence from Burkina Faso," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 24(5), pages 901-914, May.
- Beauchemin, Cris & Schoumaker, Bruno, 2005. "Migration to cities in Burkina Faso: Does the level of development in sending areas matter?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(7), pages 1129-1152, July.
- Stark, Oded & Bloom, David E, 1985. "The New Economics of Labor Migration," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(2), pages 173-178, May.
- Halliday, Timothy, 2006.
"Migration, Risk, and Liquidity Constraints in El Salvador,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 54(4), pages 893-925, July.
- Timothy Halliday, 2005. "Migration, Risk and Liquidity Constraints in El Salvador," Working Papers 200511, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Economics, revised 28 Mar 2006.
- Shaw, R Paul, 1974. " Land Tenure and the Rural Exodus in Latin America," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 23(1), pages 123-132, October.
- Arjan de Haan & Ben Rogaly, 2002. "Introduction: Migrant Workers and Their Role in Rural Change," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(5), pages 1-14.
- Ellis, Frank, 2000. "Rural Livelihoods and Diversity in Developing Countries," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198296966, June.
- Rigg, Jonathan, 2006. "Land, farming, livelihoods, and poverty: Rethinking the links in the Rural South," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 180-202, January.
- Mendola, Mariapia, 2008.
"Migration and technological change in rural households: Complements or substitutes?,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 85(1-2), pages 150-175, February.
- Mariapia MENDOLA, 2005. "Migration and technological change in rural households: complements or substitutes?," Departmental Working Papers 2005-15, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
- Rosenzweig, Mark R & Stark, Oded, 1989.
"Consumption Smoothing, Migration, and Marriage: Evidence from Rural India,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(4), pages 905-926, August.
- Rosenzweig, Mark R. & Stark, Oded, 1987. "Consumption Smoothing, Migration and Marriage: Evidence from Rural India," Bulletins 7515, University of Minnesota, Economic Development Center.
- World Bank, 2004. "Ecuador : Poverty Assessment," World Bank Other Operational Studies 14593, The World Bank.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cattaneo, Cristina & Peri, Giovanni, 2016.
"The migration response to increasing temperatures,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 122(C), pages 127-146.
- Cristina Cattaneo & Giovanni Peri, 2015. "The Migration Response to Increasing Temperatures," Working Papers 2015.87, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Cristina Cattaneo & Giovanni Peri, 2015. "The Migration Response to Increasing Temperatures," NBER Working Papers 21622, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Simone Bertoli & Francesca Marchetta, 2014.
"Migration, Remittances and Poverty in Ecuador,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 50(8), pages 1067-1089, August.
- Simone BERTOLI & Francesca MARCHETTA, 2014. "Migration, remittances and poverty in Ecuador," Working Papers 201407, CERDI.
- Simone Bertoli & Francesca Marchetta, 2015. "Migration, remittances and poverty in Ecuador," Working Papers halshs-00964332, HAL.
- Simone Bertoli & Francesca Marchetta, 2014. "Migration, Remittances and Poverty in Ecuador," Post-Print halshs-01058134, HAL.
- Cano Liliana, 2015. "Income Mobility in Ecuador: New Evidence from Individual Income Tax Returns," WIDER Working Paper Series 040, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Lina Eklund & Jonathan Seaquist, 2015. "Meteorological, agricultural and socioeconomic drought in the Duhok Governorate, Iraqi Kurdistan," Natural Hazards: Journal of the International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, Springer;International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, vol. 76(1), pages 421-441, March.
- Vicente Ruiz, 2017. "Do climatic events influence internal migration? Evidence from Mexico," Working Papers 2017.19, FAERE - French Association of Environmental and Resource Economists.
- Mbaye, Linguère Mously & Zimmermann, Klaus F., 2015. "Environmental Disasters and Migration," IZA Discussion Papers 9349, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Mbaye, Linguere Mously & Zimmermann, Klaus F., 2016.
"Natural Disasters and Human Mobility,"
International Review of Environmental and Resource Economics,
now publishers, vol. 10(1), pages 37-56, November.
- Mbaye, Linguère Mously & Zimmermann, Klaus, 2016. "Natural Disasters and Human Mobility," Working Papers 244019, University of Bonn, Center for Development Research (ZEF).
- Mbaye, Linguère M. & Zimmermann, Klaus F., 2016. "Natural disasters and human mobility," MERIT Working Papers 040, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Alem, Yonas & Maurel, Mathilde & Millock, Katrin, 2016. "Migration as an Adaptation Strategy to Weather Variability: An Instrumental Variables Probit Analysis," Working Papers in Economics 665, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Castro-Nunez, Augusto & Mertz, Ole & Quintero, Marcela, 2016. "Propensity of farmers to conserve forest within REDD+ projects in areas affected by armed-conflict," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 22-30.
- Gray, Clark & Mueller, Valerie, 2012. "Drought and Population Mobility in Rural Ethiopia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 134-145.
- Luca Marchiori & Jean Francois Maystadt & Ingmar Schumacher, 2013. "Is environmentally," Working Papers 2013-17, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- repec:eee:eneeco:v:64:y:2017:i:c:p:31-44 is not listed on IDEAS
- López-Feldman, Alejandro & Chávez, Estefanía, 2017. "Remittances and Natural Resource Extraction: Evidence from Mexico," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 132(C), pages 69-79.
More about this item
Keywordsrural out-migration access to land environmental refugees destination choice Andes Ecuador;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:37:y:2009:i:2:p:457-468. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .