Land, farming, livelihoods, and poverty: Rethinking the links in the Rural South
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kusago, Takayoshi & Barham, Bradford L., 2001. "Preference Heterogeneity, Power, and Intrahousehold Decision-Making in Rural Malaysia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(7), pages 1237-1256, July.
- Adams, Richard H., Jr, 1999.
"Nonfarm income, inequality, and land in Rural Egypt,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
2178, The World Bank.
- Adams, Richard H, Jr, 2002. "Nonfarm Income, Inequality, and Land in Rural Egypt," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 50(2), pages 339-63, January.
- Bryceson, Deborah Fahy, 2002. "The Scramble in Africa: Reorienting Rural Livelihoods," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 725-739, May.
- Colin A. Carter, 1997. "The Urban-Rural Income Gap in China: Implications for Global Food Markets," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(5), pages 1410-1418.
- Rigg, Jonathan & Nattapoolwat, Sakunee, 2001. "Embracing the Global in Thailand: Activism and Pragmatism in an Era of Deagrarianization," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 945-960, June.
- Richard Kirkby, 1999. "Sectoral and Structural Considerations in China's Rural Development," Tijdschrift voor Economische en Sociale Geografie, Royal Dutch Geographical Society KNAG, vol. 90(3), pages 272-284, 08.
- Molle, F. & Srijantr, T. & Latham, L. & Thepsatitsilp, P., 2001. "The impact of the access to irrigation water on the evolution of farming systems: A case study of three villages in the Chao Phraya delta," IWMI Books, Reports H028818, International Water Management Institute.
- Philip F. Kelly, 1999. "Everyday Urbanization: The Social Dynamics of Development in Manila's Extended Metropolitan Region," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 23(2), pages 283-303, 06.
- Molle, F. & Srijantr, T., 1999. "Agrarian change and the land system in the Chao Phraya delta," IWMI Books, Reports H028814, International Water Management Institute.
- Blaikie, Piers & Cameron, John & Seddon, David, 2002. "Understanding 20 Years of Change in West-Central Nepal: Continuity and Change in Lives and Ideas," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(7), pages 1255-1270, July.
- Glassman, Jim, 2004. "Thailand at the Margins: Internationalization of the State and the Transformation of Labour," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199267637, March.
- Foster, Andrew D & Rosenzweig, Mark R, 2004. "Agricultural Productivity Growth, Rural Economic Diversity, and Economic Reforms: India, 1970-2000," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 52(3), pages 509-42, April.
- William L. Parish & Xiaoye Zhe & Fang Li, . "Nonfarm Work and Marketization of the Chinese Countryside," University of Chicago - Population Research Center 95-6, Chicago - Population Research Center.
- Sen, Binayak, 2003. "Drivers of Escape and Descent: Changing Household Fortunes in Rural Bangladesh," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 513-534, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:34:y:2006:i:1:p:180-202. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.