Drivers of Escape and Descent: Changing Household Fortunes in Rural Bangladesh
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Foster, James & Greer, Joel & Thorbecke, Erik, 1984. "A Class of Decomposable Poverty Measures," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(3), pages 761-766, May.
- Ellis, Frank, 2000. "Rural Livelihoods and Diversity in Developing Countries," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198296966, November.
- Jonathan Morduch, 1995.
"Income Smoothing and Consumption Smoothing,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 9(3), pages 103-114, Summer.
- Morduch, J., 1995. "Income Smoothing and Consumption Smoothing," Papers 512, Harvard - Institute for International Development.
- Jonathan Morduch, 1995. "Income Smoothing and Consumption Smoothing," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1727, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Ravallion, Martin & Sen, Binayak, 1996. "When Method Matters: Monitoring Poverty in Bangladesh," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 44(4), pages 761-792, July.
- Menno Pradhan & Martin Ravallion, 2000. "Measuring Poverty Using Qualitative Perceptions Of Consumption Adequacy," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 82(3), pages 462-471, August.
- Carter, Michael R. & May, Julian, 2001. "One Kind of Freedom: Poverty Dynamics in Post-apartheid South Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(12), pages 1987-2006, December.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Barrett, Christopher B. & Swallow, Brent M., 2006.
"Fractal poverty traps,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 1-15, January.
- Barrett, Christopher B. & Swallow, Brent M., 2003. "Fractal Poverty Traps," Working Papers 127793, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Björn Gustafsson & Li Shi & Hiroshi Sato, 2004. "Can a subjective poverty line be applied to China? Assessing poverty among urban residents in 1999," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(8), pages 1089-1107.
- Ravallion, Martin & Lokshin, Michael, 2003. "On the utility consistency of poverty lines," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3157, The World Bank.
- World Bank, 2002. "Poverty in Bangladesh : Building on Progress," World Bank Publications - Reports 15303, The World Bank Group.
- Baiyegunhi, L.J.S. & Fraser, Gavin C.G., 2010. "Determinants of Household Poverty Dynamics in Rural Regions of the Eastern Cape Province, South Africa," 2010 AAAE Third Conference/AEASA 48th Conference, September 19-23, 2010, Cape Town, South Africa 97078, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
- Gustafsson, Björn Anders & Yue, Ximing, 2006. "Rural People’s Perception of Poverty in China," IZA Discussion Papers 2486, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Cesar Calvo & Stefan Dercon, 2013. "Vulnerability to individual and aggregate poverty," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 41(4), pages 721-740, October.
- George Gray-Molina & Ernesto Perez de Rada & Wilson Jimenez & Ernesto Yáñez, 1999.
"Pobreza y activos en Bolivia: Qué rol juega el capital social?,"
Research Department Publications
3054, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Wilson Jiménez & George Gray-Molina & Ernesto Yáñez & Ernesto Pérez de Rada, 1999. "Pobreza y activos en Bolivia: ¿Qué rol juega el capital social?," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 6122, Inter-American Development Bank.
- John Whalley & Ximing Yue, 2009.
"Rural Income Volatility and Inequality in China,"
CESifo Economic Studies, CESifo, vol. 55(3-4), pages 648-668.
- John Whalley & Ximing Yue, 2006. "Rural Income Volatility and Inequality in China," NBER Working Papers 12779, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sayema Haque Bidisha & Tanveer Mahmood & Md. Biplob Hossain, 2021. "Assessing Food Poverty, Vulnerability and Food Consumption Inequality in the Context of COVID-19: A Case of Bangladesh," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 155(1), pages 187-210, May.
- Bapu Vaitla & Jennifer Denno Cissé & Joanna Upton & Girmay Tesfay & Nigussie Abadi & Daniel Maxwell, 2020. "How the choice of food security indicators affects the assessment of resilience—an example from northern Ethiopia," Food Security: The Science, Sociology and Economics of Food Production and Access to Food, Springer;The International Society for Plant Pathology, vol. 12(1), pages 137-150, February.
- Rahman, Mohammad Chhiddikur & Rahaman, Md. Shajedur & Islam, Mohammad Ariful & Omar, Md. Imran & Siddique, Md. Abu Bakr, 2021. "Deployment Strategies for Golden Rice in Bangladesh: A Study on Affordability and Varietal Choice with the Target Beneficiaries," EconStor Preprints 241994, ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics.
- Lønborg, Jonas Helth & Rasmussen, Ole Dahl, 2014. "Can Microfinance Reach the Poorest: Evidence from a Community-Managed Microfinance Intervention," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 460-472.
- Simone Schotte & Rocco Zizzamia & Murray Leibbrandt, 2022. "Snakes and ladders and loaded dice: Poverty dynamics and inequality in South Africa between 2008 and 2017," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 90(2), pages 214-242, June.
- Md. Shafiul Azam & Katsushi Imai, 2009.
"Vulnerability and Poverty in Bangladesh,"
Economics Discussion Paper Series
0905, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- Md. Shafiul Azam & Katsushi S. Imai, 2010. "Vulnerability and poverty in Bangladesh," Working Papers id:2675, eSocialSciences.
- Md. Shafiul Azam & Katsushi S. Imai, 2009. "Vulnerability and Poverty in Bangladesh," ASARC Working Papers 2009-02, The Australian National University, Australia South Asia Research Centre.
- Jiao, Xi & Pouliot, Mariève & Walelign, Solomon Zena, 2017. "Livelihood Strategies and Dynamics in Rural Cambodia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 97(C), pages 266-278.
- François Bourguignon & Satya R. Chakravarty, 2019.
"The Measurement of Multidimensional Poverty,"
Themes in Economics, in: Satya R. Chakravarty (ed.), Poverty, Social Exclusion and Stochastic Dominance, pages 83-107,
- François Bourguignon & Satya Chakravarty, 2003. "The Measurement of Multidimensional Poverty," The Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 1(1), pages 25-49, April.
- Bourguignon, F. & Chakravarty, S.R., 1998. "The Measurement of Multidimensional Poverty," DELTA Working Papers 98-12, DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure).
- François Bourguignon & Satya R. Chakravarty, 2019. "The Measurement of Multidimensional Poverty," Post-Print halshs-02489834, HAL.
- François Bourguignon & Satya R. Chakravarty, 2019. "The Measurement of Multidimensional Poverty," PSE-Ecole d'économie de Paris (Postprint) halshs-02489834, HAL.
- Bigsten, Arne & Shimeles, Abebe, 2008. "Poverty Transition and Persistence in Ethiopia: 1994-2004," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(9), pages 1559-1584, September.
- Tomáš Želinský & Martina Mysíková & Thesia I. Garner, 2022.
"Trends in Subjective Income Poverty Rates in the European Union,"
The European Journal of Development Research, Palgrave Macmillan;European Association of Development Research and Training Institutes (EADI), vol. 34(5), pages 2493-2516, October.
- Želinský, Tomáš & Mysíková, Martina & Garner, Thesia I., 2021. "Trends in subjective income poverty rates in the European Union," EconStor Open Access Articles and Book Chapters, ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics.
- Želinský, Tomáš & Mysíková, Martina & Garner, Thesia I., 2021. "Trends in subjective income poverty rates in the European Union," GLO Discussion Paper Series 892, Global Labor Organization (GLO).
- Želinský, Tomás & Mysíková, Martina & Garner, Thesia I., 2021. "Trends in subjective income poverty rates in the European Union," GLO Discussion Paper Series 892 [pre.], Global Labor Organization (GLO).
- Notten, Geranda & de Crombrugghe, Denis, 2006. "Poverty risk and consumption smoothing abilities in Russia," MPRA Paper 5314, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 27 Jul 2007.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:31:y:2003:i:3:p:513-534. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.