On the utility consistency of poverty lines
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Menno Pradhan & Martin Ravallion, 2000. "Measuring Poverty Using Qualitative Perceptions Of Consumption Adequacy," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 82(3), pages 462-471, August.
- Ravallion, Martin & Bidani, Benu, 1994. "How Robust Is a Poverty Profile?," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 8(1), pages 75-102, January.
- Paul, Satya, 1989. "A model of constructing the poverty line," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 129-144, January.
- Arie Kapteyn & Peter Kooreman & Rob Willemse, 1988.
"Some Methodological Issues in the Implementation of Subjective Poverty Definitions,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 23(2), pages 222-242.
- Kapteyn, A.J. & Kooreman, P. & Willemse, R., 1987. "Some methodological issues in the implementation of subjective poverty definitions," Research Memorandum FEW 245, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Blackorby, Charles & Donaldson, David, 1987. "Welfare ratios and distributionally sensitive cost-benefit analysis," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 265-290, December.
- Deaton,Angus & Muellbauer,John, 1980. "Economics and Consumer Behavior," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521296762.
- Greer, Joel & Thorbecke, Erik, 1986. "A methodology for measuring food poverty applied to Kenya," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 59-74, November.
- Sen, Amartya, 1979. "The Welfare Basis of Real Income Comparisons: A Survey," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 17(1), pages 1-45, March.
- Ravallion, Martin & Sen, Binayak, 1996. "When Method Matters: Monitoring Poverty in Bangladesh," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 44(4), pages 761-792, July.
- Quentin Wodon, 1997. "Food energy intake and cost of basic needs: Measuring poverty in Bangladesh," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(2), pages 66-101.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lisa Grace S. Bernales, 2009. "Issues on the Official Poverty Estimation Methodology in the Philippines : Comparability of Estimates across Space and over Time," Development Economics Working Papers 23092, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Alfani, Federica & Azzarri, Carlo & d'Errico, Marco & Molini, Vasco, 2012. "Poverty in Mozambique : new evidence from recent household surveys," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6217, The World Bank.
- Radwan Shaban & Hiromi Asoaka & Bob Barnes & Vladimir Drebentsov & John Langenbrunner & Sajaia Zurab & James Stevens & David Tarr & Emil Tesliuc & Olga Shabalina & Ruslan Yemtsov, 2006. "Reducing Poverty through Growth and Social Policy Reform in Russia," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6955, April.
- Indraneel Dasgupta & Ravi Kanbur, 2005. "Community and anti-poverty targeting," The Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 3(3), pages 281-302, December.
- Kenneth R. Simler & Channing Arndt, 2007.
"Poverty Comparisons With Absolute Poverty Lines Estimated From Survey Data,"
Review of Income and Wealth,
International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 53(2), pages 275-294, June.
- Simler. Kenneth R. & Arndt, Channing, 2006. "Poverty comparisons with absolute poverty lines estimated from survey data," FCND discussion papers 211, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Albert, Jose Ramon G. & Molano, Wilma, 2009. "Estimation of the Food Poverty Line," Discussion Papers DP 2009-14, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Sanjaya Acharya, 2004. "Measuring and Analyzing Poverty," European Journal of Comparative Economics, Cattaneo University (LIUC), vol. 1(2), pages 195-215, December.
- Jose Ramon Alber & Wilma Molano, 2016. "Estimation of the Food Poverty Line," Working Papers id:11226, eSocialSciences.
- Arndt, Channing & Simler, Kenneth R., 2005. "Estimating utility-consistent poverty lines," FCND discussion papers 189, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- World Bank, 2006. "Making the New Indonesia Work for the Poor," World Bank Other Operational Studies 8172, The World Bank.
- Bersales, Lisa Grace S., 2009. "Issues on the Official Poverty Estimation Methodology in the Philippines: Comparability of Estimates across Space and over Time," Discussion Papers DP 2009-17, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- World Bank, 2008. "Mozambique - Beating the Odds : Sustaining Inclusion in a Growing Economy - A Mozambique Poverty, Gender, and Social Assessment, Volume 1. Main Report," World Bank Other Operational Studies 7981, The World Bank.
- Jose Ramon Albert & Wilma Molano, 2009. "Estimation of the Food Poverty Line," Development Economics Working Papers 22948, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- ALi Abdel Gadir Ali, "undated". "Poverty in the Arab Region: A Selective Review," API-Working Paper Series 0402, Arab Planning Institute - Kuwait, Information Center.
- World Bank, 2005. "Russia : Reducing Poverty through Growth and Social Policy Reform," World Bank Other Operational Studies 8523, The World Bank.
- Marcelo Bérgolo & Martín Leites & Gonzalo Salas, 2006. "Privaciones nutricionales : su vínculo con la pobreza y el ingreso monetario," Documentos de Trabajo (working papers) 06-03, Instituto de Economía - IECON.
- Lisa Grace S. Bersales, 2009. "Issues on the Official Poverty Estimation Methodology in the Philippines : Comparability of Estimates across Space and Over Time," Development Economics Working Papers 22950, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Julia Johannsen & Manfred Zeller & Stephan Klasen, 2007. "The capability dilemma in operational poverty assessment," Ibero America Institute for Econ. Research (IAI) Discussion Papers 159, Ibero-America Institute for Economic Research.
- Kanbur, Ravi & Shaffer, Paul, 2007.
"Epistemology, Normative Theory and Poverty Analysis: Implications for Q-Squared in Practice,"
Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 183-196, February.
- Kanbur, Ravi & Shaffer, Paul, 2006. "Epistemology, Normative Theory and Poverty Analysis:Implications for Q-Squared in Practice," Working Papers 127034, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
More about this item
KeywordsHealth Information&Communications Technologies; Environmental Economics&Policies; Poverty Reduction Strategies; Services&Transfers to Poor; Health Indicators; Poverty Lines; Poverty Assessment; Environmental Economics&Policies; Achieving Shared Growth; Urban Partnerships&Poverty;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-08-16 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:3157. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .