Internal migration and rural service provision in northern Ghana:
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Frank Ellis, 2000. "The Determinants of Rural Livelihood Diversification in Developing Countries," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 51(2), pages 289-302.
- Barrett, C. B. & Reardon, T. & Webb, P., 2001. "Nonfarm income diversification and household livelihood strategies in rural Africa: concepts, dynamics, and policy implications," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 315-331, August.
- Henk A. J. Moll, 2005. "Costs and benefits of livestock systems and the role of market and nonmarket relationships," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 32(2), pages 181-193, March.
- Fields, Gary S, 1982. "Place-to-Place Migration in Colombia," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 30(3), pages 539-558, April.
- Stefan Dercon, 2002.
"Income Risk, Coping Strategies, and Safety Nets,"
World Bank Research Observer,
World Bank Group, vol. 17(2), pages 141-166, September.
- Stefan Dercon, 2000. "Income risk, coping strategies and safety nets," CSAE Working Paper Series 2000-26, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Dercon, Stefan, 2002. "Income Risk, Coping Strategies and Safety Nets," WIDER Working Paper Series 022, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- House, William J. & Rempel, Henry, 1980. "The determinants of interregional migration in Kenya," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 25-35, January.
- Edmeades, Svetlana & Smale, Melinda & Renkow, Mitch & Phaneuf, Dan, 2004. "Variety demand within the framework of an agricultural household model with attributes: the case of bananas in Uganda," EPTD discussion papers 125, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Bigsten, Arne, 1996. "The Circular Migration of Smallholders in Kenya," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 5(1), pages 1-20, March.
- Edmeades, Svetlana & Phaneuf, Daniel J. & Smale, Melinda & Renkow, Mitch, 2004. "Variety Demand In An Integrated Agricultural Household Model With Attributes: Implications For Emerging Crop Biotechnologies," 2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO 20318, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Harris, John R & Todaro, Michael P, 1970. "Migration, Unemployment & Development: A Two-Sector Analysis," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 60(1), pages 126-142, March.
- Paolo Mauro, 1995. "Corruption and Growth," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 110(3), pages 681-712.
- Awudu Abdulai & Christopher L. Delgado, 1999. "Determinants of Nonfarm Earnings of Farm-Based Husbands and Wives in Northern Ghana," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 81(1), pages 117-130.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lambrecht, Isabel, 2016. "â€œAs a husband I will love, lead, and provide:â€ Gendered access to land in Ghana:," IFPRI discussion papers 1514, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Ghebru, Hosaena & Khan, Huma & Lambrecht, Isabel, 2016. "Perceived land tenure security and rural transformation: Empirical evidence from Ghana:," IFPRI discussion papers 1545, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
More about this item
KeywordsRural-urban migration; rural services; Development strategies;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2010-02-27 (Africa)
- NEP-AGR-2010-02-27 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2010-02-27 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2010-02-27 (Development)
- NEP-MIG-2010-02-27 (Economics of Human Migration)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fpr:ifprid:952. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ifprius.html .