Contact information of Elsevier
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help
correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:exehis. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622830 .
2020, Volume 76, Issue C
- S0014498319302268 Church building and the economy during Europe’s ‘Age of the Cathedrals’, 700–1500 CE
by Buringh, Eltjo & Campbell, Bruce M.S. & Rijpma, Auke & van Zanden, Jan Luiten
- S0014498320300103 Political institutions, resources, and war: Theory and evidence from ancient Rome
by Adamson, Jordan
- S0014498320300139 Frontiers of mobility: Was Australia 1870–2017 a more socially mobile society than England?
by Clark, Gregory & Leigh, Andrew & Pottenger, Mike
- S0014498320300140 Debt and taxes: Fiscal strain and US city budgets during the Great Depression
by Siodla, James
- S0014498320300176 Enterprise form: Theory and history
by Guinnane, Timothy W. & Schneebacher, Jakob
- S001449831930227X Internal immigrant mobility in the early 20th century: evidence from Galveston, Texas
by Aaronson, Daniel & Davis, Jonathan & Schulze, Karl
2020, Volume 75, Issue C
- S0014498318300901 Marriage strategy among the European nobility
by Marcassa, Stefania & Pouyet, Jérôme & Trégouët, Thomas
- S0014498318301554 Inflation expectations and the recovery from the Great Depression in Germany
by Daniel, Volker & Steege, Lucas ter
- S0014498319300646 A machine learning approach to improving occupational income scores
by Saavedra, Martin & Twinam, Tate
- S0014498319302256 Did the communists contribute to China’s rural growth?
by Lu, Yi & Luan, Mengna & Sng, Tuan-Hwee
- S001449831730133X Did military service during World War I affect the economic status of American veterans?
by Tan, Hui Ren
- S001449831930049X Roman technological progress in comparative context: The Roman Empire, Medieval Europe and Imperial China
by Terpstra, Taco
2019, Volume 74, Issue C
- v:74:y:2019:i:c:s0014498318302080 Railroads and Rural Industrialization: evidence from a Historical Policy Experiment
by Berger, Thor
- v:74:y:2019:i:c:s0014498318301682 Social Networks in Economic History: Opportunities and Challenges
by Esteves, Rui & Geisler Mesevage, Gabriel
- v:74:y:2019:i:c:s0014498318301888 Changes in the demographics of American inventors, 1870–1940
by Sarada, Sarada & Andrews, Michael J. & Ziebarth, Nicolas L.
- v:74:y:2019:i:c:s0014498318301335 Were capital flows the culprit in the Weimar economic crisis?
by Ho, Tai-kuang & Yeh, Kuo-chun
- v:74:y:2019:i:c:s0014498319300403 The economic assimilation of Irish Famine migrants to the United States
by Collins, William J. & Zimran, Ariell
- v:74:y:2019:i:c:s0014498318300949 Globalization, agricultural markets and mass migration: Italy, 1881–1912
by Gray, Rowena & Narciso, Gaia & Tortorici, Gaspare
2019, Volume 73, Issue C
- 1-1 Labor income inequality in pre-industrial Mediterranean Spain: The city of Murcia in the 18th century
by Espín-Sánchez, José-Antonio & Gil-Guirado, Salvador & Giraldo-Paez, W. Daniel & Vickers, Chris
- 1-1 The making of a liberal education: Political economy of the Austrian school reform, 1865 – 1880
by Cvrcek, Tomas & Zajicek, Miroslav
- 1-1 Diasporas, diversity, and economic activity: Evidence from 18th-century Berlin
by Hornung, Erik
- 1-1 Expropriation of church wealth and political conflict in 19th century Colombia
by Uribe-Castro, Mateo
- 1-1 Displacement and development: Long term impacts of population transfer in India
by Bharadwaj, Prashant & Ali Mirza, Rinchan
- 1-1 Children’s work and wages in Britain, 1280–1860
by Horrell, Sara & Humphries, Jane
2019, Volume 72, Issue C
- 1-22 Japan and the great divergence, 730–1874
by Bassino, Jean-Pascal & Broadberry, Stephen & Fukao, Kyoji & Gupta, Bishnupriya & Takashima, Masanori
- 23-37 Russian real wages before and after 1917
by Allen, Robert C. & Khaustova, Ekaterina
- 38-56 Budget deficits and money creation: Exploring their relation before Bretton Woods
by Sabaté, Marcela & Fillat, Carmen & Escario, Regina
- 57-73 Missed opportunities? Human welfare in Western Europe and the United States, 1913–1950
by Gallardo-Albarrán, Daniel
- 74-92 Seigniorage in the Civil War South
by Cutsinger, Bryan P. & Ingber, Joshua S.
- 93-113 Finding the fat: The relative impact of budget fluctuations on African-American schools
by Baker, Richard B.
- 114-122 Occupational income scores and immigrant assimilation. Evidence from the Canadian census
by Inwood, Kris & Minns, Chris & Summerfield, Fraser
2019, Volume 71, Issue C
- 1-24 Canal carriers and creative destruction in English transport
by Bogart, Dan & Lefors, Michael & Satchell, A.E.M.
- 25-54 Effects of New Deal Spending and the downturns of the 1930s on private labor markets in 1939/1940
by Liu, Xing & Fishback, Price
- 55-71 Living costs, real incomes and inequality in colonial Jamaica
by Burnard, Trevor & Panza, Laura & Williamson, Jeffrey
- 72-92 Property Rights, Marriage, and Fertility in the Italian Alps, 1790–1820
by Casari, Marco & Lisciandra, Maurizio & Tagliapietra, Claudio
- 93-111 Migration, marriage and social mobility: Women in Sweden 1880–1900
by Dribe, Martin & Eriksson, Björn & Scalone, Francesco
- 112-134 The evolution of ottoman–European market linkages, 1469–1914: Evidence from dynamic factor models
by Li, Zhuo & Panza, Laura & Song, Yong
2018, Volume 70, Issue C
- 1-24 Tax revenues and the fiscal cost of trade liberalization, 1792–2006
by Cagé, Julia & Gadenne, Lucie
- 25-41 Inequality and philanthropy: High-income giving in the United States 1917–2012
by Duquette, Nicolas J.
- 42-72 Explaining declines in US rural mortality, 1910–1933: The role of county health departments
by Hoehn-Velasco, Lauren
- 73-90 Three-generation mobility in the United States, 1850–1940: The role of maternal and paternal grandparents
by Olivetti, Claudia & Paserman, M. Daniele & Salisbury, Laura
- 91-131 Origins of Europe’s north-south divide: Population changes, real wages and the ‘little divergence’ in early modern Europe
by Fochesato, Mattia
- 132-149 Work intensity and worker safety in early twentieth-century coal mining
by Boal, William M.
- 150-163 The prelude and global impact of the Great Depression: Evidence from a new macroeconomic dataset
by Albers, Thilo Nils Hendrik
2018, Volume 69, Issue C
- 1-12 Declining American economic growth despite ongoing innovation
by Gordon, Robert J.
- 13-26 The past and the future of innovation: Some lessons from economic history
by Mokyr, Joel
- 27-49 How was the quantitative easing program of the 1930s Unwound?
by Jaremski, Matthew & Mathy, Gabriel
- 50-63 On the marital status of U. S. slaves: Evidence from Touro Infirmary, New Orleans, Louisiana
by Logan, Trevon D. & Pritchett, Jonathan B.
- 64-80 Disease and child growth in industrialising Japan: Critical windows and the growth pattern, 1917–39
by Schneider, Eric B. & Ogasawara, Kota
- 81-101 Inequality and education in pre-industrial economies: Evidence from Spain
by Beltrán Tapia, Francisco J. & Martinez-Galarraga, Julio
- 102-109 Co-authorship in economic history and economics: Are we any different?
by Seltzer, Andrew J. & Hamermesh, Daniel S.
2018, Volume 68, Issue C
- 1-15 A general equilibrium analysis of Canada’s national policy
by Alexander, Patrick D. & Keay, Ian
- 16-36 Did monetary policy matter? Narrative evidence from the classical gold standard
by Lennard, Jason
- 37-70 The “Hierarchy of Institutions” reconsidered: Monetary policy and its effect on the rule of law in interwar Poland
by Hartwell, Christopher A.
- 71-94 In the eye of a Storm: Manhattan's money center banks during the international financial crisis of 1931
by Richardson, Gary & Van Horn, Patrick
- 95-118 Unions, workers, and wages at the peak of the American labor movement
by Callaway, Brantly & Collins, William J.
- 119-131 The economic origins of the postwar southern elite
by Dupont, Brandon & Rosenbloom, Joshua L.
- 132-142 Prenuptial agreements and matrimonial property regimes in France, 1855–2010
by Frémeaux, Nicolas & Leturcq, Marion
2018, Volume 67, Issue C
- 1-17 Cotton, slavery, and the new history of capitalism
by Olmstead, Alan L. & Rhode, Paul W.
- 18-39 Nation building: The role of central spending in education
by Cinnirella, Francesco & Schueler, Ruth
- 40-61 Does industrialization affect segregation? Evidence from nineteenth-century Cairo
by Lévêque, Christophe & Saleh, Mohamed
- 62-79 The regional dispersion of income inequality in nineteenth-century Norway
by Modalsli, Jørgen
- 80-104 The gun-slave hypothesis and the 18th century British slave trade
by Whatley, Warren C.
- 105-133 Human capital and earnings in eighteenth-century Castile
by Álvarez, Begoña & Palencia, Fernando Ramos
- 134-151 Playing yo-yo with bank competition: New evidence from 1890 to 2014
by De Bonis, Riccardo & Marinelli, Giuseppe & Vercelli, Francesco
- 152-162 ‘Tall and lithe’–The wage-height premium in the Victorian and Edwardian British railway industry
by Anderson, Peter
2017, Volume 65, Issue C
- 1-16 Clean slate: Land-use changes in San Francisco after the 1906 disaster
by Siodla, James
- 17-35 Measuring the extent and implications of corporate political connections in prewar Japan
by Okazaki, Tetsuji & Sawada, Michiru
- 36-54 Protecting the borrower: An experiment in colonial India
by Chaudhary, Latika & Swamy, Anand V.
- 55-67 Monopsony and competition: The impact of rival leagues on player salaries during the early days of baseball
by Bradbury, John Charles
- 68-93 Usury laws and private credit in Lima, Peru. Evidence from notarized records
by Zegarra, Luis Felipe
- 94-105 The boll weevil plague and its effect on the southern agricultural sector, 1889–1929
by Ager, Philipp & Brueckner, Markus & Herz, Benedikt
- 106-114 Social capital and family control
by Amore, Mario Daniele
2017, Volume 64, Issue C
- 1-20 States and economic growth: Capacity and constraints
by Johnson, Noel D. & Koyama, Mark
- 21-36 Prizes, patents and the search for longitude
by Burton, M. Diane & Nicholas, Tom
- 37-52 Birds of passage: Return migration, self-selection and immigration quotas
by Ward, Zachary
- 53-61 Ownership and the price of residential electricity: Evidence from the United States, 1935–1940
by Kitchens, Carl T. & Jaworski, Taylor
- 62-81 Early-life disease exposure and occupational status: The impact of yellow fever during the 19th century
by Saavedra, Martin
- 82-103 Land reform and peasant revolution. Evidence from 1930s Spain
by Domenech, Jordi & Herreros, Francisco
- 104-110 Returns to school resources in the Jim Crow South
by Carruthers, Celeste K. & Wanamaker, Marianne H.
- 111-120 Social mobility in the early middle ages
by Meinzer, Nicholas J.
2017, Volume 63, Issue C
- 8-25 Social-economic change and its impact on violence: Homicide history of Qing China
by Chen, Zhiwu & Peng, Kaixiang & Zhu, Lijun
- 26-43 China's domestic trade during the Treaty-Port Era
by Keller, Wolfgang & Andres Santiago, Javier & Shiue, Carol H.
- 44-69 Friends from afar: The Taiping Rebellion, cultural proximity and primary schooling in the Lower Yangzi, 1850–1949
by Hao, Yu & Xue, Melanie Meng
- 70-90 Teaching to the tests: An economic analysis of traditional and modern education in late imperial and republican China
by Yuchtman, Noam
- 91-106 Moving to the right place at the right time: Economic effects on migrants of the Manchuria Plague of 1910–11
by Li, Dan & Li, Nan
2016, Volume 62, Issue C
- 1-25 Causes and consequences of the Protestant Reformation
by Becker, Sascha O. & Pfaff, Steven & Rubin, Jared
- 26-50 Inflation expectations and recovery in spring 1933
by Jalil, Andrew J. & Rua, Gisela
- 51-86 Lead exposure and violent crime in the early twentieth century
by Feigenbaum, James J. & Muller, Christopher
- 87-107 International shocks and the balance sheet of the Bank of France under the classical gold standard
by Bazot, Guillaume & Bordo, Michael D. & Monnet, Eric
- 108-123 The value of corporate boards during the Great Depression in Belgium
by Deloof, Marc & Vermoesen, Veronique
- 124-142 Occupations after WWII: The legacy of Rosie the Riveter
by Bellou, Andriana & Cardia, Emanuela
- 143-153 Growing apart in early modern Europe? A comparison of inequality trends in Italy and the Low Countries, 1500–1800
by Alfani, Guido & Ryckbosch, Wouter
2016, Volume 61, Issue C
- 1-31 Estimation of historical inflation expectations
by Binder, Carola Conces
- 32-53 Socioeconomic status and judicial disparities in England and Wales, 1870–1910
by Vickers, Chris
- 54-67 Recovery Spring, Faltering Fall: March to November 1933
by Taylor, Jason E. & Neumann, Todd C.
- 68-84 How Rome enabled impersonal markets
by Arruñada, Benito
- 85-94 Deskilling and decline in skill premium during the age of sail: Swedish and Finnish seamen, 1751–1913
by Ojala, Jari & Pehkonen, Jaakko & Eloranta, Jari
- 95-118 Trading of shares in the Societates Publicanorum?
by Poitras, Geoffrey & Geranio, Manuela
- 119-123 Selection and historical height data: Evidence from the 1892 Boas sample of the Cherokee Nation
by Miller, Melinda
2016, Volume 60, Issue C
- 1-20 Economic growth in the Roman Mediterranean world: An early good-bye to Malthus?
by Erdkamp, Paul
- 21-40 Immigration quotas and immigrant selection
by Massey, Catherine G.
- 41-51 Military spending, fiscal capacity and the democracy puzzle
by Rota, Mauro
- 52-68 Impact of natural disasters on industrial agglomeration: The case of the Great Kantō Earthquake in 1923
by Imaizumi, Asuka & Ito, Kaori & Okazaki, Tetsuji
- 69-92 Intra-household labor allocation in colonial Nigeria
by Arthi, Vellore & Fenske, James
- 93-111 On the divergence between fuel and service prices: The importance of technological change and diffusion in an American frontier economy
by Muller, Nicholas Z.
2016, Volume 59, Issue C
- 1-16 What we can learn from the early history of sovereign debt
by Stasavage, David
- 17-39 On the use of palynological data in economic history: New methods and an application to agricultural output in Central Europe, 0–2000AD
by Izdebski, Adam & Koloch, Grzegorz & Słoczyński, Tymon & Tycner, Marta
- 40-54 How Japan remained on the Gold Standard despite unsustainable external debt
by Pittaluga, Giovanni B. & Seghezza, Elena
- 55-74 Prison crowding, recidivism, and early release in early Rhode Island
by Bodenhorn, Howard
- 75-93 Taking the lord's name in vain: The impact of connected directors on 19th century British banks
by Grossman, Richard S. & Imai, Masami
- 94-113 Skill choice and skill complementarity in eighteenth century England
by Feldman, Naomi E. & van der Beek, Karine
- 114-125 The mortality consequences of distinctively black names
by Cook, Lisa D. & Logan, Trevon D. & Parman, John M.
2015, Volume 58, Issue C
- 1-21 Urbanization without growth in historical perspective
by Jedwab, Remi & Vollrath, Dietrich
- 22-43 Childhood health and sibling outcomes: Nurture Reinforcing nature during the 1918 influenza pandemic
by Parman, John
- 44-73 Intergenerational mobility and institutional change in 20th century China
by Chen, Yuyu & Naidu, Suresh & Yu, Tinghua & Yuchtman, Noam
- 74-92 Variations in the price and quality of English grain, 1750–1914: Quantitative evidence and empirical implications
by Brunt, Liam & Cannon, Edmund
- 93-106 Belgium relief fund, post war food shortages and the “True” cost of living
by Fleissig, Adrian R. & Whitney, Gerald A.
- 107-124 Measuring the military decline of the Western Islamic World: Evidence from Barbary ransoms
by Chaney, Eric
- 125-139 Cooperation, defection and resistance in Nazi Germany
by Geerling, Wayne & Magee, Gary B. & Brooks, Robert
2015, Volume 57, Issue C
- 1-18 Early globalizations: The integration of Asia in the world economy, 1800–1938
by Chilosi, David & Federico, Giovanni
- 19-37 The measurement of production movements: Lessons from the general engineering industry in Italy, 1861–1913
by Fenoaltea, Stefano
- 38-49 Output growth in German manufacturing, 1907–1936. A reinterpretation of time-series evidence
by Veenstra, Joost
- 50-58 Weather shocks and English wheat yields, 1690–1871
by Brunt, Liam
- 59-78 School quality and educational attainment: Japanese American internment as a natural experiment
by Saavedra, Martin
- 79-94 The economics of aesthetics and record prices for art since 1701
by Spaenjers, Christophe & Goetzmann, William N. & Mamonova, Elena
2015, Volume 56, Issue C
- 1-14 Intermarriage in a divided society: Ireland a century ago
by Fernihough, Alan & Ó Gráda, Cormac & Walsh, Brendan M.
- 15-31 Protecting infant industries: Canadian manufacturing and the national policy, 1870–1913
by Harris, Richard & Keay, Ian & Lewis, Frank
- 32-52 Rural crisis and rural exodus? Local migration dynamics during the crisis of the 1840s in Flanders (Belgium)
by Deschacht, Nick & Winter, Anne
- 53-70 The changing relationship between inflation and the economic cycle in Italy: 1861–2012
by Baffigi, Alberto & Bontempi, Maria Elena & Felice, Emanuele & Golinelli, Roberto
- 71-85 Easterlin revisited: Relative income and the baby boom
by Hill, Matthew J.
2015, Volume 55, Issue C
- 3-24 Surnames: A new source for the history of social mobility
by Clark, Gregory & Cummins, Neil & Hao, Yu & Vidal, Dan Diaz
- 25-38 A tale of two Fascisms: Labour productivity growth and competition policy in Italy, 1911–1951
by Giordano, Claire & Giugliano, Ferdinando
- 39-57 Entry, information, and financial development: A century of competition between French banks and notaries
by Hoffman, Philip T. & Postel-Vinay, Gilles & Rosenthal, Jean-Laurent
- 58-75 India and the great divergence: An Anglo-Indian comparison of GDP per capita, 1600–1871
by Broadberry, Stephen & Custodis, Johann & Gupta, Bishnupriya
- 76-96 Immigration quotas, World War I, and emigrant flows from the United States in the early 20th century
by Greenwood, Michael J. & Ward, Zachary
- 97-121 Predicting the past: Understanding the causes of bank distress in the Netherlands in the 1920s
by Colvin, Christopher L. & de Jong, Abe & Fliers, Philip T.
2014, Volume 54, Issue C
- 1-26 The shaping of an institutional choice: Weather shocks, the Great Leap Famine, and agricultural decollectivization in China
by Bai, Ying & Kung, James Kai-sing
- 27-47 Housing and the cost of living in early modern Toledo
by Drelichman, Mauricio & González Agudo, David
- 48-63 Patenting in England, Scotland and Ireland during the Industrial Revolution, 1700–1852
by Bottomley, Sean
- 64-78 Hard times in the land of plenty: The effect on income and disability later in life for people born during the great depression
by Thomasson, Melissa A. & Fishback, Price V.
- 79-106 Latifundia revisited: Market power, land inequality and agricultural efficiency. Evidence from interwar Italian agriculture
by Martinelli, Pablo
- 107-127 Size and dynastic decline: The principal-agent problem in late imperial China, 1700–1850
by Sng, Tuan-Hwee
2014, Volume 53, Issue C
- 1-18 Exchange rate adjustment, monetary policy and fiscal stimulus in Japan's escape from the Great Depression
by Shibamoto, Masahiko & Shizume, Masato
- 19-39 Defying gravity: The Imperial Economic Conference and the reorientation of Canadian trade
by Jacks, David S.
- 40-63 Selective migration, wages, and occupational mobility in nineteenth century America
by Salisbury, Laura
- 64-82 Distinctively black names in the American past
by Cook, Lisa D. & Logan, Trevon D. & Parman, John M.
- 83-100 Labour productivity and human capital in the European maritime sector of the eighteenth century
by van Lottum, Jelle & van Zanden, Jan Luiten
- 101-119 Bank laws, economic growth and early banking in Latin America: 1840–1920
by Zegarra, Luis Felipe
2014, Volume 52, Issue C
- 1-21 The first global emerging markets investor: Foreign & Colonial Investment Trust 1880–1913
by Chambers, David & Esteves, Rui
- 22-43 Cross-sectional predictability of stock returns, evidence from the 19th century Brussels Stock Exchange (1873–1914)
by Annaert, Jan & Mensah, Lord
- 44-62 Local liquidity constraints: What place for central bank regional policy? The French experience during the Belle Époque (1880–1913)
by Bazot, Guillaume
- 63-92 Papers, please! The effect of birth registration on child labor and education in early 20th century USA
by Fagernäs, Sonja
- 93-110 The role of migration in regional wage convergence: Evidence from Sweden 1860–1940
by Enflo, Kerstin & Lundh, Christer & Prado, Svante
- 111-130 Measuring integration in the English wheat market, 1770–1820: New methods, new answers
by Brunt, Liam & Cannon, Edmund
2014, Volume 51, Issue C
- 1-20 Tax farming and the origins of state capacity in England and France
by Johnson, Noel D. & Koyama, Mark
- 21-40 Inherited vs self-made wealth: Theory & evidence from a rentier society (Paris 1872–1927)
by Piketty, Thomas & Postel-Vinay, Gilles & Rosenthal, Jean-Laurent
- 41-59 Economic growth in the Mid-Atlantic region: Conjectural estimates for 1720 to 1800
by Rosenbloom, Joshua L. & Weiss, Thomas
- 60-76 Regulating IPOs: Evidence from going public in London, 1900–1913
by Burhop, Carsten & Chambers, David & Cheffins, Brian
- 77-93 From internal taxes to national regulation: Evidence from a French wine tax reform at the turn of the twentieth century
by Franck, Raphaël & Johnson, Noel D. & Nye, John V.C.
- 94-108 The first poverty line? Davies' and Eden's investigation of rural poverty in the late 18th-century England
by Gazeley, Ian & Verdon, Nicola
2013, Volume 50, Issue 4
- 466-486 New deal or no deal in the Cotton South: The effect of the AAA on the agricultural labor structure
by Depew, Briggs & Fishback, Price V. & Rhode, Paul W.
- 487-507 Cementing the case for collusion under the National Recovery Administration
by Chicu, Mark & Vickers, Chris & Ziebarth, Nicolas L.
- 508-525 Does “skin in the game” reduce risk taking? Leverage, liability and the long-run consequences of new deal banking reforms
by Mitchener, Kris James & Richardson, Gary
- 526-547 The effects of reconstruction finance corporation assistance on Michigan's banks' survival in the 1930s
by Calomiris, Charles W. & Mason, Joseph R. & Weidenmier, Marc & Bobroff, Katherine
- 548-566 The New Deal and the origins of the modern American real estate loan contract
by Rose, Jonathan D. & Snowden, Kenneth A.
- 567-581 The effects of the Works Progress Administration's anti-malaria programs in Georgia 1932–1947
by Kitchens, Carl
- 582-598 The effect of institutional regime change within the new deal on industrial output and labor markets
by Taylor, Jason E. & Neumann, Todd C.
- 599-619 Why did the electorate swing between parties during the Great Depression?
by Fleck, Robert K.
- 620-633 Did the New Deal solidify the 1932 Democratic realignment?
by Kantor, Shawn & Fishback, Price V. & Wallis, John Joseph
2013, Volume 50, Issue 3
- 335-350 The price of human capital in a pre-industrial economy: Premiums and apprenticeship contracts in 18th century England
by Minns, Chris & Wallis, Patrick
- 351-367 Taking technology to task: The skill content of technological change in early twentieth century United States
by Gray, Rowena
- 368-386 Real estate prices in Beijing, 1644 to 1840
by Raff, Daniel & Wachter, Susan & Yan, Se
- 387-404 The internal impact of a customs union; Baden and the Zollverein
by Ploeckl, Florian
- 405-426 Men, women, and the ballot: Gender imbalances and suffrage extensions in the United States
by Braun, Sebastian & Kvasnicka, Michael
- 427-445 The French Great Depression: A business cycle accounting analysis
by Bridji, Slim
- 446-462 Silver fetters? The rise and fall of the Chinese price level 1928–34
by Ho, Tai-kuang & Lai, Cheng-chung
2013, Volume 50, Issue 2
- 161-178 Does the structure of banking markets affect economic growth? Evidence from U.S. state banking markets
by Mitchener, Kris James & Wheelock, David C.
- 179-204 Human development in Africa: A long-run perspective
by Prados de la Escosura, Leandro
- 205-226 Discount rate policy under the Classical Gold Standard: Core versus periphery (1870s–1914)
by Morys, Matthias
- 227-241 On the human capital of Inca Indios before and after the Spanish Conquest. Was there a “Pre-Colonial Legacy”?
by Juif, Dácil-Tania & Baten, Joerg
- 242-266 Under which conditions does religion affect educational outcomes?
by Boppart, Timo & Falkinger, Josef & Grossmann, Volker & Woitek, Ulrich & Wüthrich, Gabriela
- 267-284 Inequality and school funding in the rural United States, 1890
by Vollrath, Dietrich
- 285-307 Women, wealth and economic change: An assessment of the impact of women's property law in Wentworth County, Ontario, 1872–1927
by Di Matteo, Livio
- 308-315 Virtual prices and the impact of house rationing in Belgium on consumer choices
by Fleissig, Adrian R. & Whitney, Gerald
- 316-333 “Rubber will not keep in this country”: Failed development in Benin, 1897–1921
by Fenske, James
2013, Volume 50, Issue 1
- 4-15 1381 and the Malthus delusion
by Clark, Gregory
- 16-27 When did Britain industrialise? The sectoral distribution of the labour force and labour productivity in Britain, 1381–1851
by Broadberry, Stephen & Campbell, Bruce M.S. & van Leeuwen, Bas
- 28-45 The determinants of local population growth: A study of Oxfordshire in the nineteenth century
by Casson, Mark
- 46-68 Europe's many integrations: Geography and grain markets, 1620–1913
by Chilosi, David & Murphy, Tommy E. & Studer, Roman & Tunçer, A. Coşkun
- 69-87 Retail development in the consumer revolution: The Netherlands, c. 1670–c. 1815
by van den Heuvel, Danielle & Ogilvie, Sheilagh
- 88-98 Globalization revisited: Market integration and the wheat trade between North America and Britain from the eighteenth century
by Sharp, Paul & Weisdorf, Jacob
- 99-115 Real wages and the family: Adjusting real wages to changing demography in pre-modern England
by Schneider, Eric B.
- 116-147 Soviet power plus electrification: What is the long-run legacy of communism?
by Carlin, Wendy & Schaffer, Mark & Seabright, Paul
- 148-159 Beyond black and white: Color and mortality in post-reconstruction era North Carolina
by Green, Tiffany L. & Hamilton, Tod G.
2012, Volume 49, Issue 4
- 381-398 Agricultural policy, migration, and malaria in the United States in the 1930s
by Barreca, Alan I. & Fishback, Price V. & Kantor, Shawn
- 399-422 Deadly anchor: Gender bias under Russian colonization of Kazakhstan
by Aldashev, Gani & Guirkinger, Catherine
- 423-442 The price of Cherokee removal
by Gregg, Matthew T. & Wishart, David M.
- 443-460 When did modernization begin? Italy's industrial growth reconsidered in light of new value-added series, 1911–1951
by Felice, Emanuele & Carreras, Albert
- 461-481 The role of the media in a bubble
by Campbell, Gareth & Turner, John D. & Walker, Clive B.
- 482-497 Inequality of land tenure and revolutionary outcome: An economic analysis of China's land reform of 1946–1952
by Kung, James Kai-sing & Wu, Xiaogang & Wu, Yuxiao