Explorations in Economic History
April 2003, Volume 40, Issue 2
January 2003, Volume 40, Issue 1
- 1-23 Rich and poor before the Industrial Revolution: a comparison between Java and the Netherlands at the beginning of the 19th century
by van Zanden, Jan Luiten
- 24-51 The political economy of state-level fair employment laws, 1940-1964
by Collins, William J.
- 52-77 Factor prices and productivity growth during the British industrial revolution
by Antras, Pol & Voth, Hans-Joachim
- 78-97 Distribution dynamics: stratification, polarization, and convergence among OECD economies, 1870-1992
by Epstein, Philip & Howlett, Peter & Schulze, Max-Stephan
October 2002, Volume 39, Issue 4
- 357-389 Internal versus external convertibility and emerging-market crises: lessons from Argentine history
by della Paolera, Gerardo & Taylor, Alan M.
- 390-424 Agricultural labor productivity in the Lower South, 1720-1800
by Mancall, Peter C. & Rosenbloom, Joshua L. & Weiss, Thomas
- 425-445 Social reformers and regulation: the prohibition of cigarettes in the United States and Canada
by Alston, Lee J. & Dupre, Ruth & Nonnenmacher, Tomas
- 446-469 Wealth and the demand for life insurance: evidence from Ontario, 1892
by Di Matteo, Livio & Herbert Emery, J. C.
- 470-489 'The bull is half the herd': property rights and enclosures in England, 1750-1850
by Tan, Elaine S.
July 2002, Volume 39, Issue 3
- 233-253 From Sickness to Health: The Twentieth-Century Development of U.S. Health Insurance
by Thomasson, Melissa A.
- 254-281 Selective Immigration and Ethnic Economic Achievement: Japanese Americans before World War II
by Suzuki, Masao
- 282-314 Path Dependence in Spatial Networks: The Standardization of Railway Track Gauge
by Puffert, Douglas J.
- 315-354 Hope against Hope: Strike Activity in Canada, 1920-1939
by Huberman, Michael & Young, Denise
April 2002, Volume 39, Issue 2
- 113-153 The U.S. Specie Standard, 1792-1932: Some Monetarist Arithmetic
by Officer, Lawrence H.
- 154-182 Mechanical Refrigeration and the Integration of Perishable Commodity Markets
by Goodwin, Barry K. & Grennes, Thomas J. & Craig, Lee A.
- 183-203 The Great Compression of the 1940s: The Public versus the Private Sector
by Margo, Robert A. & Finegan, T. Aldrich
- 204-231 The British Navy Rules: Monitoring and Incompatible Incentives in the Age of Fighting Sail
by Allen, Douglas W.
January 2002, Volume 39, Issue 1
- 1-28 Was Expansionary Monetary Policy Feasible during the Great Contraction? An Examination of the Gold Standard Constraint
by Bordo, Michael D. & Choudhri, Ehsan U. & Schwartz, Anna J.
- 29-45 Taxing Emerging Stock Markets: A Beneficial Policy? Evidence from the Stockholm Stock Exchange, 1907-1939
by Waldenstrom, Daniel
- 46-60 Price Behavior in Ancient Babylon
by Temin, Peter
- 61-87 Royal African Company Share Prices during the South Sea Bubble
by Carlos, Ann M. & Moyen, Nathalie & Hill, Jonathan
- 88-112 Race, Inequality, and Anti-Chinese Violence in the Netherlands Indies
by Chandra, Siddharth
October 2001, Volume 38, Issue 4
- 411-447 The Great Divergence in European Wages and Prices from the Middle Ages to the First World War
by Allen, Robert C.
- 448-477 The First Great Whale Extinction: The End of the Bowhead Whale in the Eastern Arctic
by Allen, Robert C. & Keay, Ian
- 478-502 Hours and Wages in the Depression: British Engineering, 1926-1938
by Hart, Robert A
- 503-533 Mortality and Voyage Length in the Middle Passage Revisited
by Haines, Robin & McDonald, John & Shlomowitz, Ralph
July 2001, Volume 38, Issue 3
- 315-338 The Slow Assimilation of British Immigrants in Canada: Evidence from Montreal and Toronto, 1901
by Green, Alan & MacKinnon, Mary
- 339-365 Destined for Deprivation: Human Capital Formation and Intergenerational Poverty in Nineteenth-Century England
by Horrell, Sara & Humphries, Jane & Voth, Hans-Joachim
- 366-385 Path Dependence and Britain's "Coal Wagon Problem"
by Scott, Peter
- 386-409 The Skill and Economic Performance of Mexican Immigrants from 1910 to 1990
by Feliciano, Zadia M.
April 2001, Volume 38, Issue 2
- 195-224 Salaries and Career Opportunities in the Banking Industry: Evidence from the Personnel Records of the Union Bank of Australia
by Seltzer, Andrew J. & Simons, Kenneth L.
- 225-251 Income Uncertainty and Consumer Spending during the Great Depression
by Greasley, David & Madsen, Jakob B. & Oxley, Les
- 252-272 Fiscal Dominance and Money Growth in Italy: The Long Record
by Fratianni, Michele & Spinelli, Franco
- 273-295 Membership in a Religious Commune: The Shakers, 1850-1870
by Cosgel, Metin M. & Andrew, Bradley B.
- 296-304 Population, Land, Economic Conditions, and the Allocation of New Deal Spending
by Fleck, Robert K.
- 305-314 The Political Economy of New Deal Spending, Yet Again: A Reply to Fleck
by Wallis, John
January 2001, Volume 38, Issue 1
- 1-5 One Kind of Freedom Revisited
by O'Brien, Anthony Patrick & Shade, William G.
- 6-39 One Kind of Freedom: Reconsidered (and Turbo Charged)
by Ransom, Roger L. & Sutch, Richard
- 40-47 Reflections on One Kind of Freedom and the Southern Economy
by Wright, Gavin
- 48-57 One Kind of Freedom after 20 Years
by Woodman, Harold D.
- 58-63 1KF in the Year of Y2K: Framing Ransom and Sutch
by Coclanis, Peter A.
- 64-67 One Kind of Freedom: A Comparative Perspective
by Engerman, Stanley
- 68-92 Race and Home Ownership: A Century-Long View
by Collins, William J. & Margo, Robert A.
- 93-122 The Impact of the New Deal on Black and White Infant Mortality in the South
by Fishback, Price V. & Haines, Michael R. & Kantor, Shawn
- 123-146 Discouraging Times: The Labor Force Participation of Married Black Women, 1930-1940
by Sundstrom, William A.
- 147-165 Migration and Economic Opportunity in the 1910s: New Evidence on African-American Occupational Mobility in the North
by Maloney, Thomas N.
- 166-180 Economic Progress in the Postbellum South? African-American Incomes in the Mississippi Delta, 1880-1910
by Irwin, James R. & O'Brien, Anthony Patrick
- 181-194 Competition and the Compensation of Sharecroppers by Race: A View from Plantations in the Early Twentieth Century
by Alston, Lee J. & Kauffman, Kyle D.
October 2000, Volume 37, Issue 4
- 301-325 The Political Economy of Interwar Egyptian Cotton Policy
by Yousef, Tarik M.
- 326-350 Income, Cohort Effects, and Occupational Mobility: A New Look at Immigration to the United States at the Turn of the 20th Century
by Minns, Chris
- 351-369 Heights of Men and Women in 19th-Century Bavaria: Economic, Nutritional, and Disease Influences
by Baten, Jorg & Murray, John E.
- 370-400 The Effect of Cost Heterogeneity in the Success and Failure of the New Deal's Agricultural and Industrial Programs
by Alexander, Barbara & Libecap, Gary D.
July 2000, Volume 37, Issue 3
- 217-240 Scapegoats or Responsive Entrepreneurs: Canadian Manufacturers, 1907-1990
by Keay, Ian
- 241-257 The Choice of Agrarian Contracts in Early Renaissance Tuscany: Risk Sharing, Moral Hazard, or Capital Market Imperfections?
by Ackerberg, Daniel A. & Botticini, Maristella
- 258-277 Economic Opportunity on the Urban Frontier: Wealth and Nativity in Early San Francisco
by Walker, Thomas R.
- 278-299 Could the United States Iron Industry Have Survived Free Trade after the Civil War?
by Irwin, Douglas A.
April 2000, Volume 37, Issue 2
- 121-148 The Advent of the Federal Reserve and the Efficiency of the Payments System: The Collection of Checks, 1915-1930
by Gilbert, R. Alton
- 149-173 Market Integration and Transport Costs in France 1825-1903: A Threshold Error Correction Approach to the Law of One Price
by Ejrnaes, Mette & Persson, Karl Gunnar
- 174-188 Rowntree Revisited: Poverty in Britain, 1900
by Gazeley, Ian & Newell, Andrew
- 189-216 The Diffusion of Tractors on the Canadian Prairies: The Threshold Model and the Problem of Uncertainty
by Lew, Byron
January 2000, Volume 37, Issue 1
- 1-41 International Comparisons of Real Product, 1820-1990: An Alternative Data Set
by Prados de la Escosura, Leandro
- 42-75 The Statutory Regulation of Colonial Servitude: An Incomplete-Contract Approach
by Grubb, Farley
- 76-97 The Market for Confederate Cotton Bonds
by Weidenmier, Marc D.
- 98-119 British Industrialization, 1815-1860: A Disaggregate Time-Series Perspective
by Greasley, David & Oxley, Les
October 1999, Volume 36, Issue 4
- 305-343 Universal Banking in Pre-World War I Germany: Model or Myth?
by Fohlin, Caroline
- 344-359 Technological Development and Foreign Patenting: Evidence from 19th-Century Australia
by Magee, Gary Bryan
- 360-386 The Rise of Multiunit Firms in U.S. Manufacturing
by Kim, Sukkoo
- 387-408 Farm Value and Retirement of Farm Owners in Early-Twentieth-Century America
by Lee, Chulhee
- 409-427 Risk Structure of Postbellum U.S. Deposit Rates
by Gendreau, Brian C.
- 428-444 Financial Crises and Structural Change in English Commercial Bank Assets, 1860-1913
by Baker, Mae & Collins, Michael
July 1999, Volume 36, Issue 3
- 181-203 Suez and Sterling, 1956
by Klug, Adam & Smith, Gregor W.
- 204-231 Cross-Border Unions: Internationals in Canada, 1901-1914
by Huberman, Michael & Young, Denise
- 232-245 A Theoretical Basis for 19th-Century Changes to the Port of New York Imported Goods Auction
by Engelbrecht-Wiggans, Richard & Nonnenmacher, Tomas
- 246-277 Labor Mobility, Market Integration, and Wage Convergence in Late 19th Century India
by Collins, William J.
- 278-302 An Engine of Growth: Real Bills and Schumpeterian Banking in Antebellum New York
by Bodenhorn, Howard
April 1999, Volume 36, Issue 2
- 109-127 The Industrial Revolution, Political Transition, and the Subsequent Decline in Inequality in 19th-Century Britain
by Justman, Moshe & Gradstein, Mark
- 128-143 Regional Wage Gaps and the Settlement of the Midwest
by Margo, Robert A.
- 144-179 Business Activity and the Boston Stock Market, 1835-1869
by Atack, Jeremy & Rousseau, Peter L.
January 1999, Volume 36, Issue 1
- 1-29 The Political Economy of Agriculture in France's Fifth Republic
by Adams, William James
- 30-55 To Part or Not to Part: Emigration and Inheritance Institutions in Nineteenth-Century Hesse-Cassel
by Wegge, Simone A.
- 56-71 Population Growth and the Dynamics of Canadian Development: A Multivariate Time Series Approach
by Green, Alan G. & Sparks, Gordon R.
- 72-106 State Child Labor Laws and the Decline of Child Labor
by Moehling, Carolyn M.
October 1998, Volume 35, Issue 4
- 347-380 Microcredit in Prefamine Ireland
by Hollis, Aidan & Sweetman, Arthur
- 381-404 Gold Shocks, Liquidity, and the United States Economy during the National Banking Era
by Tallman, Ellis & Moen, Jon
- 405-430 Tsarist Russia and the World Wheat Market
by Goodwin, Barry K. & Grennes, Thomas J.
- 431-446 The Contributions of Early Health-Insurance Programs to Mortality Declines in Pre-World War I Europe: Evidence from Fixed-Effects Models
by Winegarden, C. R. & Murray, John E.
July 1998, Volume 35, Issue 3
- 241-271 Growth, Distribution, and Demography: Some Lessons from History
by Williamson, Jeffrey G.
- 272-295 Racial Segregation, Working Conditions, and Workers' Health: Evidence from the A. M. Byers Company, 1916-1930
by Maloney, Thomas N.
- 296-324 Wealth Accumulation and the Life-Cycle in Economic History: Implications of Alternative Approaches to Data
by Di Matteo, Livio
- 325-345 Purely Animal: Pastoral Production and Early Argentine Economic Growth 1825-1865
by Newland, Carlos & Poulson, Barry
April 1998, Volume 35, Issue 2
- 109-139 The Political Economy of Workers' Compensation Benefit Levels, 1910-1930
by Fishback, Price V. & Kantor, Shawn Everett
- 140-170 The Political Economy of New Deal Spending Revisited, Again: With and without Nevada
by Wallis, John Joseph
- 171-195 Comparing British and American Economic and Industrial Performance 1860-1993: A Time Series Perspective
by Greasley, David & Oxley, Les
- 196-220 The Risk Environment of Film Making: Warner Bros in the Inter-War Years
by Sedgwick, John & Pokorny, Michael
- 221-238 The Origins of the Eurodollar Market in London: 1955-1963
by Schenk, Catherine R.
January 1998, Volume 35, Issue 1
- 1-30 Sources of Risk, Institutions for Survival, and a Game against Nature in Premodern Iceland
by Eggertsson, Thrainn
- 31-58 Ability and Willingness to Pay in the Age of Pax Britannica, 1890-1914
by Kelly, Trish
- 59-82 Land Hunger: Land as a Commodity and as a Status Good, England, 1500-1910
by Clark, Gregory
- 83-107 Fiduciariand Firm Liquidity Constraints: The Italian Experience with German-Style Universal Banking
by Fohlin, Caroline
October 1997, Volume 34, Issue 4
- 387-410 Agricultural Marketing and the Possibilities for Industrialization in the Soviet Union in the 1930s
by Allen, Robert C.
- 411-432 Goldsmith-Banking: Mutual Acceptance and Interbanker Clearing in Restoration London
by Quinn, Stephen
- 433-459 On the Puzzling Cycle in the Biological Standard of Living: The Case of Antebellum Georgia
by Komlos, John & Coclanis, Peter
- 460-494 Land, Factor Markets, and Inequality in Rural China: Historical Evidence
by Benjamin, Dwayne & Brandt, Loren
- 495-521 Trade, Institutions, and Credit
by Clay, Karen
July 1997, Volume 34, Issue 3
- 243-264 Manufacturing Where Agriculture Predominates: Evidence from the South and Midwest in 1860
by Sokoloff, Kenneth L. & Tchakerian, Viken
- 265-294 Italy and the Great Depression: An Analysis of the Italian Economy, 1929-1936
by Mattesini, Fabrizio & Quintieri, Beniamino
- 295-330 The Entry into the U.S. Labor Market of Antebellum European Immigrants, 1840-1860
by Ferrie, Joseph P.
- 331-367 New Data on Minting, Seigniorage, and the Money Supply in Spain (Castile), 1597-1643
by Motomura, Akira
- 368-386 Shifts in the Seasonality of Infant Deaths in Nine English Towns during the 19th Century: A Case for Reduced Breast Feeding?
by Huck, Paul
April 1997, Volume 34, Issue 2
- 135-154 Agriculture and the Origins of the State in Ancient Egypt
by Allen, Robert C.
- 155-173 Collusion in the Indian Tea Industry in the Great Depression: An Analysis of Panel Data
by Gupta, Bishnupriya
- 174-194 Crash! Expectational Aspects of the Departures of the United Kingdom and the United States from the Inter-War Gold Standard
by Hallwood, C. Paul & MacDonald, Ronald & Marsh, Ian W.
- 195-219 The Importance of Adjusting Production to Sales in the Early Automobile Industry
by O'Brien, Anthony Patrick
- 220-241 Bank of England vs the IBRD: Did the Nigerian Colony Deserve a Central Bank?
by Uche, Chibuike Ugochukwu
January 1997, Volume 34, Issue 1
- 1-26 Wage Competition between Agriculture and Industry in Mid-Nineteenth Century France
by Magnac, Thierry & Postel-Vinay, Gilles
- 27-55 Socioeconomic Background, Disease, and Mortality among Union Army Recruits: Implications for Economic and Demographic History
by Lee, Chulhee
- 56-76 Poor Relief, Informal Assistance, and Short Time during the Lancashire Cotton Famine
by Boyer, George R.
- 77-99 Railroads and Property Taxes
by Heckelman, Jac C. & Wallis, John Joseph
- 100-132 Peopling the Pampa: On the Impact of Mass Migration to the River Plate, 1870-1914
by Taylor, Alan M.
October 1996, Volume 33, Issue 4
- 417-439 Adjusting to the Gold Rush: Endogenous Bullion Points and the French Balance of Payments 1846-1870
by Flandreau, Marc
- 440-458 Regional Interest Rate Premia in the American Railroad Bond Market from 1876 to 1890
by Carty, Lea V.
- 459-478 Agrarian Cycles in Germany 1339-1670: A Spectral Analysis of Grain Prices and Output in Nuremberg
by Bauernfeind, Walter & Woitek, Ulrich
- 479-495 "Imaginary" or "Real" Moneys of Account in Medieval Europe? An Econometric Analysis of the Basle Pound, 1365-1429
by Weber, Ernst Juerg
- 496-523 The Market for Montreal Apprentices: Contract Length and Information
by Hamilton, Gillian
- 524-538 Wealth Accumulation and Distribution in the Midwest in the Late Nineteenth Century
by Gregson, Mary Eschelbach
July 1996, Volume 33, Issue 3
- 277-295 Trend Growth in British Industrial Output, 1700-1913: A Reappraisal
by Mills, Terence C. & Crafts, N. F. R.
- 296-318 Wages and Employment in Britain between the Wars: Quarterly Evidence from the Shipbuilding Industry
by Gazeley, Ian & Rice, Patricia
- 319-345 Testing for Occupational Crowding in Eighteenth-Century British Agriculture
by Burnette, Joyce
- 346-366 Quits and Layoffs in Early Twentieth Century Labor Markets
by Hamilton, Barton & MacKinnon, Mary
- 367-383 Big Players and Herding in Asset Markets: The Case of the Russian Ruble
by Koppl, Roger & Yeager, Leland B.
- 384-413 The Talk of the Town: Human Capital, Information, and the Growth of English Cities, 1861 to 1961
by Simon, Curtis J. & Nardinelli, Clark
April 1996, Volume 33, Issue 2
- 141-168 Height and Health in the United Kingdom 1815-1860: Evidence from the East India Company Army
by Mokyr, Joel & O Grada, Cormac
- 169-194 Agricultural Property and the 1948 Palestinian Refugees: Assessing the Loss
by Lewis, Frank D.
- 195-226 Risky Business? Nonactuarial Pricing Practices and the Financial Viability of Fraternal Sickness Insurers
by Emery, J. C. Herbert
- 227-249 Possession is Nine Points of the Law: The Political Economy of Early Public Land Disposal
by Kanazawa, Mark T.
- 250-274 An Econometric Model of World Silk Production, 1870-1914
by Federico, Giovanni
January 1996, Volume 33, Issue 1
- 1-34 What Limits Social Spending?
by Lindert, Peter H.
- 35-64 Immigrants' Relative Rate of Wage Growth in the Late 19th Century
by Hanes, Christopher
- 65-85 Institutional Choice Matters: The Poor Law and Implicit Labor Contracts in Victorian Lancashire
by Kiesling, L. Lynne
- 86-106 Human Capital and Direct Investment in Poor Countries
by Hanson II, John R.
- 107-137 Do Price Wars Facilitate Collusion? A Study of the Bromine Cartel before World War I
by Levenstein, Margaret C.
October 1995, Volume 32, Issue 4
- 423-464 The Gold Standard As a Rule: An Essay in Exploration
by Bordo Michael D. & Kydland Finn E.
- 465-484 Productivity in the Transatlantic Slave Trade
by Eltis David & Richardson David
- 485-516 The Exploitation of Little Children: Child Labor and the Family Economy in the Industrial Revolution
by Horrell Sara & Humphries Jane
- 517-539 Strangers' Disease: Determinants of Yellow Fever Mortality during the New Orleans Epidemic of 1853
by Pritchett Jonathan B. & Tunali Insan
- 540-552 Agricultural Decline and the Secular Rise in Male Retirement Rates
by Costa Dora L.
July 1995, Volume 32, Issue 3
- 273-301 The Creative Financing of an Unprofitable Enterprise: The Grand Trunk Railway of Canada, 1853-1881
by Carlos Ann M. & Lewis Frank D.
- 302-326 Monetary Policy in England 1893-1914: A Structural VAR Analysis
by Jeanne Olivier
- 327-349 Real Wages, Productivity, and Unemployment in Britain and Germany during the 1920's
by Broadberry S. N. & Ritschl A.
- 350-364 Real Domestic Income of Indonesia, 1880-1989: A Comment and an Estimate
by Booth Anne
- 365-382 War Finance and Interest Rate Targeting: Regime Changes in 1914-1918
by Kool Clemens J. M.
- 383-408 Occupational Evidence on the Causes of Immigration to the United States, 1836-1853
by Cohn Raymond L.
- 409-420 British Bank Conservatism in the Late 19th Century
by Capie Forrest H. & Mills Terence C.
April 1995, Volume 32, Issue 2
- 141-196 The Evolution of Global Labor Markets since 1830: Background Evidence and Hypotheses
by Williamson Jeffrey G.
- 197-216 The Impact of a Lender of Last Resort during the Great Depression: The Case of the Reconstruction Finance Corporation
by Butkiewicz James L.
- 217-235 Human Capital in Religious Communes: Literacy and Selection of Nineteenth Century Shakers
by Murray John E.
- 236-252 What Can Univariate Models Tell Us about Canadian Economic Growth 1870-1985?
by Evans Lewis T. & Quigley Neil C.
- 253-261 REJOINDER Segmented Trend Models of Canadian Economic Growth
by Inwood Kris & Stengos Thanasis
- 262-272 Balanced versus Compromise Estimates of UK GDP 1870-1913
by Greasley David & Oxley Les
January 1995, Volume 32, Issue 1
- 1-27 Time-Saving Technical Change: The Cotton Industry in the English Industrial Revolution
by Tunzelmann G. N. von
- 28-50 Government Spending, Monetary Policies, and Exchange Rate Regime Switches: The Drachma in the Gold Standard Period
by Lazaretou Sophia
- 51-81 The Causes of the Depression in Australia in the 1930's: A General Equilibrium Evaluation
by Siriwardana Mahinda
- 82-108 The Political Economy of Coalition-Formation: The Case of Livestock Enclosure in the Postbellum South
by Everett Kantor Shawn
- 109-136 Antitrust Regulation before the Sherman Act: The Break-up of the Chicago Gas Trust Company
by Troesken Werner
October 1994, Volume 31, Issue 4
- 409-431 Why Do Banks Fail? Evidence from the 1920s
by Alston Lee J. & Grove Wayne A. & Wheelock David C.
- 432-452 Saving in Settler Economies: Australian and North American Comparisons
by McLean Ian W.
- 453-478 Establishment Size and Economies of Scale in 19th-Century France
by Sicsic Pierre
- 479-500 Structural Rigidity and the Severity of the German Depression: The AVI and the German Steel Cartels 1925-1932
by Barbezat Daniel
- 501-520 African-American Migration and Mechanized Cotton Harvesting, 1950-1960
by Heinicke Craig
- 521-548 Comparative Productivity in British and American Manufacturing during the Nineteenth Century
by Broadberry S. N.
July 1994, Volume 31, Issue 3
- 283-312 The Cold War Economy: Opportunity Costs, Ideology, and the Politics of Crisis
by Higgs Robert
- 313-335 Bonding and the Agency Problem: Evidence from the Royal African Company, 1672-1691
by Carlos Ann M.
- 336-356 Explaining the Decline in Southern per Capita Output after Emancipation
by Irwin James R.
- 357-375 The Slack Banker Dances: Deposit Insurance and Risk-Taking in the Banking Collapse of the 1920s
by Wheelock David C. & Kumbhakar Subal C.
- 376-405 The Liverpool Emigrant Servant Trade and the Transition to Slave Labor in the Chesapeake, 1697-1707: Market Adjustments to War
by Grubb Farley & Stitt Tony
April 1994, Volume 31, Issue 2
- 141-175 Cane Contracting and Renegotiation: A Fixed Effects Analysis of the Adoption of New Technologies in the Cuban Sugar Industry, 1899-1929
by Dye Alan
- 176-194 Trends in Real Wages in Britain, 1750-1913
by Crafts N. F. R. & Mills Terence C.
- 195-209 Prices in Interwar Britain
by Gazeley Ian
- 210-224 Real Land Rentals in Early Roman Egypt
by Muth Richard F.
- 225-260 Trends in the Economic Well-Being of South Indians under British Rule: The Anthropometric Evidence
by Brennan Lance & McDonald John & Shlomowitz Ralph
- 261-280 The Economic Decline of the Church in Medieval England
by Clegg Nancy W. & Reed Clyde G.
January 1994, Volume 31, Issue 1
- 1-37 The Rise of Social Spending, 1880-1930
by Lindert Peter H.
- 38-61 A Failed Institutional Transplant: Raiffeisen's Credit Cooperatives in Ireland, 1894-1914
by Guinnane Timothy W.
- 62-90 A Predatory Democracy? An Essay on Taxation in Classical Athens
by Lyttkens Carl Hampus
- 91-119 Patronage to Merit and Control of the Federal Government Labor Force
by Johnson Ronald N. & Libecap Gary D.
- 120-138 The Repeal of the Corn Laws and Irish Emigration
by O'Rourke Kevin
October 1993, Volume 30, Issue 4
- 379-408 Occupational Differences in the Dispersion of Wages and Working Hours: Labor Market Integration in the United States, 1890-1903
by Sundstrom William A. & Rosenbloom Joshua L.
- 409-423 The Labor Force Participation of Older Americans in 1900: Further Results
by Margo Robert A.
- 424-449 Height, Weight, Wartime Stress, and Older Age Mortality: Evidence from the Union Army Records
by Costa Dora L.
- 450-469 Capital Formation during the Industrial Revolution Revisited: Insurance Valuations and Some New Sectoral Estimates
by Pearson Robin
- 470-484 The Concept of Military Economies of Scale
by Latzko David A.
- 485-500 Child Labor and Exploitation in Turn-of-the-Century Cotton Mills
by Holleran Philip M.
July 1993, Volume 30, Issue 3
- 259-293 Interwar Japanese Agriculture: Revisionist Views on the Impact of the Colonial Rice Policy and the Labor-Surplus Hypothesis
by Brandt Loren
- 294-320 The Macroeconomic Consequences of Bank Failures under the National Banking System
by Grossman Richard S.
- 321-335 The Distribution of Wealth in Nineteenth Century Boston: Inequality among Natives and Immigrants, 1860
by Herscovici Steven
- 336-351 Why Was the Mule Used in Southern Agriculture? Empirical Evidence of Principal-Agent Solutions
by Kauffman Kyle D.
- 352-376 War Finance in the Southern Confederacy, 1861-1865
by Burdekin Richard C. K. & Langdana Farrokh K.
April 1993, Volume 30, Issue 2
- 129-157 Credit Markets and Economic Change in Southeastern France 1630-1788
by Rosenthal Jean-Laurent
- 158-181 British Railway Cost Functions and Productivity Growth, 1900-1912
by Dodgson J. S.
- 182-194 State Grain Purchases, Relative Prices, and the Soviet Grain Procurement Crisis
by Gregory Paul R. & Mokhtari Manouchehr