Contact information of Elsevier
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help
correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:exehis. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622830 .
April 2004, Volume 41, Issue 2
January 2004, Volume 41, Issue 1
- 1-25 Guilds, laws, and markets for manufactured merchandise in late-medieval England
by Richardson, Gary
- 26-47 Globalization and real wages in New Zealand 1873-1913
by Greasley, David & Oxley, Les
- 48-72 Paying for privilege: the political economy of Bank of England charters, 1694-1844
by Broz, J. Lawrence & Grossman, Richard S.
- 73-100 Family structure, school attendance, and child labor in the American South in 1900 and 1910
by Moehling, Carolyn M.
October 2003, Volume 40, Issue 4
- 347-368 Religious prohibitions against usury
by Reed, Clyde G. & Bekar, Cliff T.
- 369-386 Catching up to the European core: Portuguese economic growth, 1910-1990
by Lains, Pedro
- 387-418 Globalisation versus de-coupling: German emigration and the evolution of the Atlantic labour market 1870-1913
by Grant, Oliver
- 419-442 Slave prices from succession and bankruptcy sales in Mauritius, 1825-1827
by Chenny, Shirley & St-Amour, Pascal & Vencatachellum, Desire
- 443-461 Monetary Union, institutions and financial market integration: Italy, 1862-1905
by Toniolo, Gianni & Conte, Leandro & Vecchi, Giovanni
July 2003, Volume 40, Issue 3
- 223-250 The property tax as a coordinating device: Financing Indiana's Mammoth Internal Improvement System, 1835-1842
by Wallis, John Joseph
- 251-277 The New Deal at war: alphabet agencies' expenditure patterns, 1940-1945
by Bateman, Fred & Taylor, Jason E.
- 278-307 Can the New Deal's three Rs be rehabilitated? A program-by-program, county-by-county analysis
by Fishback, Price V. & Kantor, Shawn & Wallis, John Joseph
- 308-325 Open fields, risk, and land divisibility
by Bekar, Cliff T. & Reed, Clyde G.
- 326-344 The bond market and the legitimacy of Vichy France
by Oosterlinck, Kim
April 2003, Volume 40, Issue 2
- 101-121 The political economy of Reconstruction Finance Corporation assistance during the Great Depression
by Mason, Joseph R.
- 122-142 Paper money but a gold debt: Italy on the gold standard
by Tattara, Giuseppe
- 143-169 Aggregate price shocks and financial stability: the United Kingdom 1796-1999
by Bordo, Michael D. & Dueker, Michael J. & Wheelock, David C.
- 170-194 Productivity in manufacturing and the length of the working day: evidence from the 1880 census of manufactures
by Atack, Jeremy & Bateman, Fred & Margo, Robert A.
- 195-211 Comment: Rules, monitoring, and incentives in the age of sail
by Benjamin, Daniel K. & Thornberg, Christopher F.
- 212-220 Rules and rewards in the age of sail: a reply
by Allen, Douglas W.
January 2003, Volume 40, Issue 1
- 1-23 Rich and poor before the Industrial Revolution: a comparison between Java and the Netherlands at the beginning of the 19th century
by van Zanden, Jan Luiten
- 24-51 The political economy of state-level fair employment laws, 1940-1964
by Collins, William J.
- 52-77 Factor prices and productivity growth during the British industrial revolution
by Antras, Pol & Voth, Hans-Joachim
- 78-97 Distribution dynamics: stratification, polarization, and convergence among OECD economies, 1870-1992
by Epstein, Philip & Howlett, Peter & Schulze, Max-Stephan
October 2002, Volume 39, Issue 4
- 357-389 Internal versus external convertibility and emerging-market crises: lessons from Argentine history
by della Paolera, Gerardo & Taylor, Alan M.
- 390-424 Agricultural labor productivity in the Lower South, 1720-1800
by Mancall, Peter C. & Rosenbloom, Joshua L. & Weiss, Thomas
- 425-445 Social reformers and regulation: the prohibition of cigarettes in the United States and Canada
by Alston, Lee J. & Dupre, Ruth & Nonnenmacher, Tomas
- 446-469 Wealth and the demand for life insurance: evidence from Ontario, 1892
by Di Matteo, Livio & Herbert Emery, J. C.
- 470-489 'The bull is half the herd': property rights and enclosures in England, 1750-1850
by Tan, Elaine S.
July 2002, Volume 39, Issue 3
April 2002, Volume 39, Issue 2
January 2002, Volume 39, Issue 1
- 1-28 Was Expansionary Monetary Policy Feasible during the Great Contraction? An Examination of the Gold Standard Constraint
by Bordo, Michael D. & Choudhri, Ehsan U. & Schwartz, Anna J.
- 29-45 Taxing Emerging Stock Markets: A Beneficial Policy? Evidence from the Stockholm Stock Exchange, 1907-1939
by Waldenstrom, Daniel
- 46-60 Price Behavior in Ancient Babylon
by Temin, Peter
- 61-87 Royal African Company Share Prices during the South Sea Bubble
by Carlos, Ann M. & Moyen, Nathalie & Hill, Jonathan
- 88-112 Race, Inequality, and Anti-Chinese Violence in the Netherlands Indies
by Chandra, Siddharth
October 2001, Volume 38, Issue 4
July 2001, Volume 38, Issue 3
April 2001, Volume 38, Issue 2
- 195-224 Salaries and Career Opportunities in the Banking Industry: Evidence from the Personnel Records of the Union Bank of Australia
by Seltzer, Andrew J. & Simons, Kenneth L.
- 225-251 Income Uncertainty and Consumer Spending during the Great Depression
by Greasley, David & Madsen, Jakob B. & Oxley, Les
- 252-272 Fiscal Dominance and Money Growth in Italy: The Long Record
by Fratianni, Michele & Spinelli, Franco
- 273-295 Membership in a Religious Commune: The Shakers, 1850-1870
by Cosgel, Metin M. & Andrew, Bradley B.
- 296-304 Population, Land, Economic Conditions, and the Allocation of New Deal Spending
by Fleck, Robert K.
- 305-314 The Political Economy of New Deal Spending, Yet Again: A Reply to Fleck
by Wallis, John
January 2001, Volume 38, Issue 1
- 1-5 One Kind of Freedom Revisited
by O'Brien, Anthony Patrick & Shade, William G.
- 6-39 One Kind of Freedom: Reconsidered (and Turbo Charged)
by Ransom, Roger L. & Sutch, Richard
- 40-47 Reflections on One Kind of Freedom and the Southern Economy
by Wright, Gavin
- 48-57 One Kind of Freedom after 20 Years
by Woodman, Harold D.
- 58-63 1KF in the Year of Y2K: Framing Ransom and Sutch
by Coclanis, Peter A.
- 64-67 One Kind of Freedom: A Comparative Perspective
by Engerman, Stanley
- 68-92 Race and Home Ownership: A Century-Long View
by Collins, William J. & Margo, Robert A.
- 93-122 The Impact of the New Deal on Black and White Infant Mortality in the South
by Fishback, Price V. & Haines, Michael R. & Kantor, Shawn
- 123-146 Discouraging Times: The Labor Force Participation of Married Black Women, 1930-1940
by Sundstrom, William A.
- 147-165 Migration and Economic Opportunity in the 1910s: New Evidence on African-American Occupational Mobility in the North
by Maloney, Thomas N.
- 166-180 Economic Progress in the Postbellum South? African-American Incomes in the Mississippi Delta, 1880-1910
by Irwin, James R. & O'Brien, Anthony Patrick
- 181-194 Competition and the Compensation of Sharecroppers by Race: A View from Plantations in the Early Twentieth Century
by Alston, Lee J. & Kauffman, Kyle D.
October 2000, Volume 37, Issue 4
- 301-325 The Political Economy of Interwar Egyptian Cotton Policy
by Yousef, Tarik M.
- 326-350 Income, Cohort Effects, and Occupational Mobility: A New Look at Immigration to the United States at the Turn of the 20th Century
by Minns, Chris
- 351-369 Heights of Men and Women in 19th-Century Bavaria: Economic, Nutritional, and Disease Influences
by Baten, Jorg & Murray, John E.
- 370-400 The Effect of Cost Heterogeneity in the Success and Failure of the New Deal's Agricultural and Industrial Programs
by Alexander, Barbara & Libecap, Gary D.
July 2000, Volume 37, Issue 3
April 2000, Volume 37, Issue 2
January 2000, Volume 37, Issue 1
October 1999, Volume 36, Issue 4
July 1999, Volume 36, Issue 3
- 181-203 Suez and Sterling, 1956
by Klug, Adam & Smith, Gregor W.
- 204-231 Cross-Border Unions: Internationals in Canada, 1901-1914
by Huberman, Michael & Young, Denise
- 232-245 A Theoretical Basis for 19th-Century Changes to the Port of New York Imported Goods Auction
by Engelbrecht-Wiggans, Richard & Nonnenmacher, Tomas
- 246-277 Labor Mobility, Market Integration, and Wage Convergence in Late 19th Century India
by Collins, William J.
- 278-302 An Engine of Growth: Real Bills and Schumpeterian Banking in Antebellum New York
by Bodenhorn, Howard
April 1999, Volume 36, Issue 2
January 1999, Volume 36, Issue 1
October 1998, Volume 35, Issue 4
- 347-380 Microcredit in Prefamine Ireland
by Hollis, Aidan & Sweetman, Arthur
- 381-404 Gold Shocks, Liquidity, and the United States Economy during the National Banking Era
by Tallman, Ellis & Moen, Jon
- 405-430 Tsarist Russia and the World Wheat Market
by Goodwin, Barry K. & Grennes, Thomas J.
- 431-446 The Contributions of Early Health-Insurance Programs to Mortality Declines in Pre-World War I Europe: Evidence from Fixed-Effects Models
by Winegarden, C. R. & Murray, John E.
July 1998, Volume 35, Issue 3
- 241-271 Growth, Distribution, and Demography: Some Lessons from History
by Williamson, Jeffrey G.
- 272-295 Racial Segregation, Working Conditions, and Workers' Health: Evidence from the A. M. Byers Company, 1916-1930
by Maloney, Thomas N.
- 296-324 Wealth Accumulation and the Life-Cycle in Economic History: Implications of Alternative Approaches to Data
by Di Matteo, Livio
- 325-345 Purely Animal: Pastoral Production and Early Argentine Economic Growth 1825-1865
by Newland, Carlos & Poulson, Barry
April 1998, Volume 35, Issue 2
- 109-139 The Political Economy of Workers' Compensation Benefit Levels, 1910-1930
by Fishback, Price V. & Kantor, Shawn Everett
- 140-170 The Political Economy of New Deal Spending Revisited, Again: With and without Nevada
by Wallis, John Joseph
- 171-195 Comparing British and American Economic and Industrial Performance 1860-1993: A Time Series Perspective
by Greasley, David & Oxley, Les
- 196-220 The Risk Environment of Film Making: Warner Bros in the Inter-War Years
by Sedgwick, John & Pokorny, Michael
- 221-238 The Origins of the Eurodollar Market in London: 1955-1963
by Schenk, Catherine R.
January 1998, Volume 35, Issue 1
October 1997, Volume 34, Issue 4
- 387-410 Agricultural Marketing and the Possibilities for Industrialization in the Soviet Union in the 1930s
by Allen, Robert C.
- 411-432 Goldsmith-Banking: Mutual Acceptance and Interbanker Clearing in Restoration London
by Quinn, Stephen
- 433-459 On the Puzzling Cycle in the Biological Standard of Living: The Case of Antebellum Georgia
by Komlos, John & Coclanis, Peter
- 460-494 Land, Factor Markets, and Inequality in Rural China: Historical Evidence
by Benjamin, Dwayne & Brandt, Loren
- 495-521 Trade, Institutions, and Credit
by Clay, Karen
July 1997, Volume 34, Issue 3
- 243-264 Manufacturing Where Agriculture Predominates: Evidence from the South and Midwest in 1860
by Sokoloff, Kenneth L. & Tchakerian, Viken
- 265-294 Italy and the Great Depression: An Analysis of the Italian Economy, 1929-1936
by Mattesini, Fabrizio & Quintieri, Beniamino
- 295-330 The Entry into the U.S. Labor Market of Antebellum European Immigrants, 1840-1860
by Ferrie, Joseph P.
- 331-367 New Data on Minting, Seigniorage, and the Money Supply in Spain (Castile), 1597-1643
by Motomura, Akira
- 368-386 Shifts in the Seasonality of Infant Deaths in Nine English Towns during the 19th Century: A Case for Reduced Breast Feeding?
by Huck, Paul
April 1997, Volume 34, Issue 2
January 1997, Volume 34, Issue 1
- 1-26 Wage Competition between Agriculture and Industry in Mid-Nineteenth Century France
by Magnac, Thierry & Postel-Vinay, Gilles
- 27-55 Socioeconomic Background, Disease, and Mortality among Union Army Recruits: Implications for Economic and Demographic History
by Lee, Chulhee
- 56-76 Poor Relief, Informal Assistance, and Short Time during the Lancashire Cotton Famine
by Boyer, George R.
- 77-99 Railroads and Property Taxes
by Heckelman, Jac C. & Wallis, John Joseph
- 100-132 Peopling the Pampa: On the Impact of Mass Migration to the River Plate, 1870-1914
by Taylor, Alan M.
October 1996, Volume 33, Issue 4
July 1996, Volume 33, Issue 3
- 277-295 Trend Growth in British Industrial Output, 1700-1913: A Reappraisal
by Mills, Terence C. & Crafts, N. F. R.
- 296-318 Wages and Employment in Britain between the Wars: Quarterly Evidence from the Shipbuilding Industry
by Gazeley, Ian & Rice, Patricia
- 319-345 Testing for Occupational Crowding in Eighteenth-Century British Agriculture
by Burnette, Joyce
- 346-366 Quits and Layoffs in Early Twentieth Century Labor Markets
by Hamilton, Barton & MacKinnon, Mary
- 367-383 Big Players and Herding in Asset Markets: The Case of the Russian Ruble
by Koppl, Roger & Yeager, Leland B.
- 384-413 The Talk of the Town: Human Capital, Information, and the Growth of English Cities, 1861 to 1961
by Simon, Curtis J. & Nardinelli, Clark
April 1996, Volume 33, Issue 2
January 1996, Volume 33, Issue 1
October 1995, Volume 32, Issue 4
July 1995, Volume 32, Issue 3
April 1995, Volume 32, Issue 2
January 1995, Volume 32, Issue 1
October 1994, Volume 31, Issue 4
July 1994, Volume 31, Issue 3
April 1994, Volume 31, Issue 2