New evidence on the fluctuations in ocean freight rates in the 1850s
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- S. Fairlie, 1965. "The Nineteenth-Century Corn Law Reconsidered," Economic History Review, Economic History Society, vol. 18(3), pages 562-575, December.
- Harley, C. Knick, 1988.
"Ocean Freight Rates and Productivity, 1740–1913: The Primacy of Mechanical Invention Reaffirmed,"
The Journal of Economic History,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 48(04), pages 851-876, December.
- Harley, C.K., 1988. "Ocean Freight Rates And Productivity, 1740-1913: The Primacy Of Mechanical Invention Reaffirmed," UWO Department of Economics Working Papers 8802, University of Western Ontario, Department of Economics.
- Horace Davis, 1894. "California Breadstuffs," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 2, pages 517-517.
- Case, Karl E & Shiller, Robert J, 1989.
"The Efficiency of the Market for Single-Family Homes,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 79(1), pages 125-137, March.
- Karl E. Case & Robert J. Shiller, 1988. "The Efficiency of the Market for Single-Family Homes," NBER Working Papers 2506, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Persson, Karl Gunnar, 2004. "Mind the gap! Transport costs and price convergence in the nineteenth century Atlantic economy," European Review of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 8(02), pages 125-147, August.
- David S Jacks & Krishna Pendakur, 2010.
"Global Trade and the Maritime Transport Revolution,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 92(4), pages 745-755, November.
- David S. Jacks & Krishna Pendakur, 2008. "Global Trade and the Maritime Transport Revolution," NBER Working Papers 14139, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Arthur F. Burns & Wesley C. Mitchell, 1946. "Measuring Business Cycles," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number burn46-1, April.
- Mohammed, Saif I. Shah & Williamson, Jeffrey G., 2004.
"Freight rates and productivity gains in British tramp shipping 1869-1950,"
Explorations in Economic History,
Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 172-203, April.
- Saif I. Shah Mohammed & Jeffrey G. Williamson, 2003. "Freight Rates and Productivity Gains in British Tramp Shipping 1869-1950," NBER Working Papers 9531, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gatzlaff, Dean H & Haurin, Donald R, 1997. "Sample Selection Bias and Repeat-Sales Index Estimates," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 14(1-2), pages 33-50, Jan.-Marc.
- Klovland Jan Tore, 1993. "Zooming in on Sauerbeck: Monthly Wholesale Prices in Britain 1845-1890," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 195-228, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:cup:reveco:v:36:y:2018:i:01:p:87-115_00 is not listed on IDEAS
- Devaney, Steven, 2010. "Trends in office rents in the City of London: 1867-1959," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 198-212, April.
- Absell, Christopher David & Tena-Junguito, Antonio, 2018.
"The Reconstruction Of Brazil’S Foreign Trade Series, 1821-1913,"
Revista de Historia Económica,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 36(01), pages 87-115, March.
- Absell, Christopher David & Tena Junguito, Antonio, 2017. "The Reconstruction of Brazil's Foreign Trade Series, 1821-1913," IFCS - Working Papers in Economic History.WH 24511, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Instituto Figuerola.
More about this item
KeywordsOcean freight rate index The Crimean War Freight market model;
ListsThis item is featured on the following reading lists or Wikipedia pages:
- Business cycle in Wikipedia English ne '')
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:exehis:v:46:y:2009:i:2:p:266-284. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622830 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.