First Cabin Fares from New York to the British Isles, 1826-1914
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Brandon Dupont & Drew Keeling & Thomas Weiss, 2017. "First Cabin Fares from New York to the British Isles, 1826–1914," Research in Economic History,in: Research in Economic History, volume 33, pages 19-63 Emerald Publishing Ltd.
References listed on IDEAS
- Brandon Dupont & Thomas Weiss, 2013. "Variability in overseas travel by Americans, 1820–2000," Cliometrica, Journal of Historical Economics and Econometric History, Association Française de Cliométrie (AFC), vol. 7(3), pages 319-339, September.
- Brandon Dupont & Alka Gandhi & Thomas Weiss, 2012. "The long‐term rise in overseas travel by Americans, 1820–2000," Economic History Review, Economic History Society, vol. 65(1), pages 144-167, February.
- Harley, C. Knick, 1988.
"Ocean Freight Rates and Productivity, 1740–1913: The Primacy of Mechanical Invention Reaffirmed,"
The Journal of Economic History,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 48(04), pages 851-876, December.
- Harley, C.K., 1988. "Ocean Freight Rates And Productivity, 1740-1913: The Primacy Of Mechanical Invention Reaffirmed," UWO Department of Economics Working Papers 8802, University of Western Ontario, Department of Economics.
- Gerald S. Graham, 1956. "The Ascendancy Of The Sailing Ship 1850-85," Economic History Review, Economic History Society, vol. 9(1), pages 74-88, August.
- David S Jacks & Krishna Pendakur, 2010.
"Global Trade and the Maritime Transport Revolution,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 92(4), pages 745-755, November.
- David S. Jacks & Krishna Pendakur, 2008. "Global Trade and the Maritime Transport Revolution," NBER Working Papers 14139, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
- N10 - Economic History - - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics; Industrial Structure; Growth; Fluctuations - - - General, International, or Comparative
- N11 - Economic History - - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics; Industrial Structure; Growth; Fluctuations - - - U.S.; Canada: Pre-1913
- N7 - Economic History - - Economic History: Transport, International and Domestic Trade, Energy, and Other Services
- N71 - Economic History - - Economic History: Transport, International and Domestic Trade, Energy, and Other Services - - - U.S.; Canada: Pre-1913
- R41 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Transportation Economics - - - Transportation: Demand, Supply, and Congestion; Travel Time; Safety and Accidents; Transportation Noise
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2016-08-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-HIS-2016-08-14 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-TRE-2016-08-14 (Transport Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:22426. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: () or (Joanne Lustig). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .