First Cabin Fares from New York to the British Isles, 1826-1914
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Brandon Dupont & Drew Keeling & Thomas Weiss, 2017. "First Cabin Fares from New York to the British Isles, 1826–1914," Research in Economic History,in: Research in Economic History, volume 33, pages 19-63 Emerald Publishing Ltd.
References listed on IDEAS
- Brandon Dupont & Thomas Weiss, 2013. "Variability in overseas travel by Americans, 1820–2000," Cliometrica, Journal of Historical Economics and Econometric History, Association Française de Cliométrie (AFC), vol. 7(3), pages 319-339, September.
- Brandon Dupont & Alka Gandhi & Thomas Weiss, 2012. "The long‐term rise in overseas travel by Americans, 1820–2000," Economic History Review, Economic History Society, vol. 65(1), pages 144-167, February.
- Harley, C. Knick, 1988.
"Ocean Freight Rates and Productivity, 1740–1913: The Primacy of Mechanical Invention Reaffirmed,"
The Journal of Economic History,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 48(04), pages 851-876, December.
- Harley, C.K., 1988. "Ocean Freight Rates And Productivity, 1740-1913: The Primacy Of Mechanical Invention Reaffirmed," UWO Department of Economics Working Papers 8802, University of Western Ontario, Department of Economics.
- Gerald S. Graham, 1956. "The Ascendancy Of The Sailing Ship 1850-85," Economic History Review, Economic History Society, vol. 9(1), pages 74-88, August.
- David S Jacks & Krishna Pendakur, 2010.
"Global Trade and the Maritime Transport Revolution,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 92(4), pages 745-755, November.
- David S. Jacks & Krishna Pendakur, 2008. "Global Trade and the Maritime Transport Revolution," NBER Working Papers 14139, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
- N10 - Economic History - - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics; Industrial Structure; Growth; Fluctuations - - - General, International, or Comparative
- N11 - Economic History - - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics; Industrial Structure; Growth; Fluctuations - - - U.S.; Canada: Pre-1913
- N7 - Economic History - - Economic History: Transport, International and Domestic Trade, Energy, and Other Services
- N71 - Economic History - - Economic History: Transport, International and Domestic Trade, Energy, and Other Services - - - U.S.; Canada: Pre-1913
- R41 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Transportation Economics - - - Transportation: Demand, Supply, and Congestion; Travel Time; Safety and Accidents; Transportation Noise
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2016-08-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-HIS-2016-08-14 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-TRE-2016-08-14 (Transport Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:22426. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.