Unity or diversity? On the integration and efficiency of rice markets in Indonesia, c. 1920-2006
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Robert J. Barro, 2013. "Inflation and Economic Growth," Annals of Economics and Finance, Society for AEF, vol. 14(1), pages 121-144, May.
- Carol H. Shiue & Wolfgang Keller, 2007.
"Markets in China and Europe on the Eve of the Industrial Revolution,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 97(4), pages 1189-1216, September.
- Carol H. Shiue & Wolfgang Keller, 2004. "Markets in China and Europe on the Eve of the Industrial Revolution," NBER Working Papers 10778, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Keller, Wolfgang & Shiue, Carol Hua, 2004. "Markets in China and Europe on the Eve of the Industrial Revolution," CEPR Discussion Papers 4420, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ismet, Mohammad & Barkley, Andrew P. & Llewelyn, Richard V., 1998.
"Government intervention and market integration in Indonesian rice markets,"
Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists,
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 19(3), December.
- Ismet, Mohammad & Barkley, Andrew P. & Llewelyn, Richard V., 1998. "Government intervention and market integration in Indonesian rice markets," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 19(3), pages 283-295, December.
- C. Peter Timmer, 2005.
"Food Security and Economic Growth: an Asian perspective,"
Asian-Pacific Economic Literature,
Asia Pacific School of Economics and Government, The Australian National University, vol. 19(2), pages 1-17, May.
- Peter Timmer, 2004. "Food Security and Economic Growth: An Asian Perspective," Working Papers 51, Center for Global Development.
- Baten, Jörg & Wallusch, Jacek, 2003. "Market integration and disintegration of Poland and Gemany [Germany] in the 18th century," Tübinger Diskussionsbeiträge 268, University of Tübingen, School of Business and Economics.
- O Grada, Cormac, 2001.
"Markets and Famines: Evidence from Nineteenth-Century Finland,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 49(3), pages 575-590, April.
- Grada, C.O., 1998. "Markets and Famines: Evidence from Nineteenth-Century Finland," Papers 98/08, College Dublin, Department of Political Economy-.
- Cormac Ó Gráda, 2001. "Markets and famines : evidence from nineteenth century Finland," Open Access publications 10197/466, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- O'Rourke, Kevin & Williamson, Jeffrey G., 1994. "Late Nineteenth-Century Anglo-American Factor-Price Convergence: Were Heckscher and Ohlin Right?," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 54(04), pages 892-916, December.
- Williams,Jeffrey C. & Wright,Brian D., 2005. "Storage and Commodity Markets," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521023399, May.
- Neil McCulloch & C. Peter Timmer, 2008. "Rice Policy In Indonesia: A Special Issue," Bulletin of Indonesian Economic Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(1), pages 33-44.
- Federico, Giovanni, 2007. "Market integration and market efficiency: The case of 19th century Italy," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 293-316, April.
- Johansen, Soren & Juselius, Katarina, 1990. "Maximum Likelihood Estimation and Inference on Cointegration--With Applications to the Demand for Money," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 52(2), pages 169-210, May.
- Studer, Roman, 2008.
"India and the Great Divergence: Assessing the Efficiency of Grain Markets in Eighteenth- and Nineteenth-Century India,"
The Journal of Economic History,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 68(02), pages 393-437, June.
- Roman Studer, 2007. "India and the Great Divergence: Assessing the Efficiency of Grain Markets in Eighteenth- and Nineteenth-Century India," Oxford University Economic and Social History Series _068, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Timmer, C. Peter, 1974. "A Model of Rice Marketing Margins in Indonesia," Food Research Institute Studies, Stanford University, Food Research Institute, issue 02.
- P. J. Dawson & P. K. Dey, 2002. "Testing for the law of one price: rice market integration in Bangladesh," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(4), pages 473-484.
- Persson,Karl Gunnar, 1999. "Grain Markets in Europe, 1500â€“1900," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521650960, May.
- Harriss, Barbara, 1979. "There is Method in My Madness: Or is it Vice Versa? Measuring Agricultural Market Performance," Food Research Institute Studies, Stanford University, Food Research Institute, issue 02.
- Granger, C. W. J., 1981. "Some properties of time series data and their use in econometric model specification," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 121-130, May.
- Dawe, David, 1996. "A new look at the effects of export instability on investment and growth," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 24(12), pages 1905-1914, December.
- Gloria González-Rivera & Steven M. Helfand, 2001. "The Extent, Pattern, and Degree of Market Integration: A Multivariate Approach for the Brazilian Rice Market," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 83(3), pages 576-592.
- Johansen, Soren, 1991. "Estimation and Hypothesis Testing of Cointegration Vectors in Gaussian Vector Autoregressive Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(6), pages 1551-1580, November.
- Bob Baulch, 1997. "Transfer Costs, Spatial Arbitrage, and Testing for Food Market Integration," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(2), pages 477-487.
- Timmer, C. Peter, 1989. "Food price policy : The rationale for government intervention," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 17-27, February.
- Johansen, Soren, 1995. "Identifying restrictions of linear equations with applications to simultaneous equations and cointegration," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 69(1), pages 111-132, September.
- C. W. J. Granger & C. M. Elliott, 1967. "A Fresh Look at Wheat Prices and Markets in the Eighteenth Century," Economic History Review, Economic History Society, vol. 20(2), pages 257-265, August.
- Anderson, Jock & Roumasset, James, 1996. "FOOD Insecurity and Stochastic Aspects of Poverty," MPRA Paper 13323, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Piggott, Roley R. & Parton, Kevin A. & Treadgold, Elaine M. & Hutabarat, Budiman, 1993. "Food Price Policy in Indonesia," Monographs, Australian Centre for International Agricultural Research, number 118694.
- Metzer, Jacob, 1974. "Railroad Development and Market Integration: The Case of Tsarist Russia," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 34(03), pages 529-550, September.
- Philip Hans Franses, 2001.
"How to deal with intercept and trend in practical cointegration analysis?,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(5), pages 577-579.
- Franses, Ph.H.B.F., 1999. "How to deal with intercept and trend in pratical cointegration analysis?," Econometric Institute Research Papers EI 9904-/A, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- David Dawe, 2008. "Can Indonesia Trust The World Rice Market?," Bulletin of Indonesian Economic Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(1), pages 115-132.
- Ellis, Frank, 1993. "Private trade and public role in staple food marketing : The case of rice in Indonesia," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 18(5), pages 428-438, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chilosi, David & Federico, Giovanni, 2015.
"Early globalizations: The integration of Asia in the world economy, 1800–1938,"
Explorations in Economic History,
Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 1-18.
- Chilosi, David & Federico, Giovanni, 2015. "Early globalizations: the integration of Asia in the world economy, 1800–1938," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 64785, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
More about this item
KeywordsMarket integration Indonesia Cointegration Market efficiency Rice prices;
ListsThis item is featured on the following reading lists or Wikipedia pages:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:exehis:v:47:y:2010:i:3:p:310-324. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622830 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.