FOOD Insecurity and Stochastic Aspects of Poverty
Most works on food security have a macroeconomic orientation, whereas most discussions of famine are rather microeconomic. The intention here is to seek a more unified approach to the economic issues in food insecurity among low-income rural households.
|Date of creation:||1996|
|Publication status:||Published in Asian Journal of Agricultural Economics 1.2(1996): pp. 53-66|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Newbery, D M G & Stiglitz, J E, 1979. "The Theory of Commodity Price Stabilisation Rules: Welfare Impacts and Supply Responses," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 89(356), pages 799-817, December.
- George, P. S. (Poykayil Simon), 1979. "Public distribution of foodgrains in Kerala: income distribution implications and effectiveness," Research reports 7, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Scobie, Grant McDonald, 1981. "Government policy and food imports: the case of wheat in Egypt," Research reports 29, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Otsuka, Keijiro & Cordova, Violeta G. & David, Cristina C., 1990.
"Modern rice technology and regional wage differentials in the Philippines,"
Blackwell, vol. 4(3-4), pages 297-314, December.
- Otsuka, Keijiro & Cordova, Violeta G. & David, Cristina C., 1990. "Modern rice technology and regional wage differentials in the Philippines," Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 4(3-4), December.
- Gavan, James D. & Sri Chandrasekera, Indrani, 1979. "The impact of public foodgrain distribution on food consumption and welfare in Sri Lanka:," Research reports 13, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Reutlinger, Shlomo, 1978. "Food insecurity: Magnitude and remedies," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 6(6), pages 797-811, June.
- Siamwalla, Ammar & Valdes, Alberto, 1980. "Food insecurity in developing countries," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 5(4), pages 258-272, November.
- Reutlinger, Shlomo, 1977. "Malnutrition: A poverty or a food problem?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 5(8), pages 715-724, August.
- Poleman, Thomas T., 1977. "World food: Myth and reality," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 5(5-7), pages 383-394.
- Hay, Roger W., 1978. "The statistics of hunger," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 243-255, November.
- Poleman, Thomas T., 1977. "World Food: Myth and Reality," Staff Papers 184414, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Sarris, Alexander H., 1980. "Grain imports and food security in an unstable international market," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 489-504, December. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:13323. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.