Food Security Policy in a Stochastic World
Food security may be increased by variance-reducing strategies, by food aid, or by development strategies. This paper uses a Korea CGE model, subjected to random fluctuation in world-prices and domestic food productivity, to evaluate these policies. We find that poverty-reducing development strategies are the most effective food-security strategies.
|Date of creation:||01 Feb 1989|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (510) 642-3345
Fax: (510) 643-8911
Web page: http://www.escholarship.org/repec/are_ucb/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Adelman, Irma, 1984. "Beyond export-led growth," CUDARE Working Paper Series 309, University of California at Berkeley, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics and Policy.
- Gavan, James D. & Sri Chandrasekera, Indrani, 1979. "The impact of public foodgrain distribution on food consumption and welfare in Sri Lanka:," Research reports 13, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Robert R. Schneider, 1985. "Food Subsidies: A Multiple Price Model (Subventions alimentaires: modÃ¨les faisant intervenir diverses subventions et leur incidence sur les prix) (Subvenciones alimentarias: Modelo de precios mÃºltip," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 32(2), pages 289-316, June.
- George, P. S. (Poykayil Simon), 1979. "Public distribution of foodgrains in Kerala: income distribution implications and effectiveness," Research reports 7, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Wright, Brian D & Williams, Jeffrey C, 1982. "The Economic Role of Commodity Storage," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 92(367), pages 596-614, September.
- Adelman, Irma & Robinson, Sherman, 1988. "Macroeconomic adjustment and income distribution : Alternative models applied to two economies," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 23-44, July.
- Konandreas, Panos A. & Huddleston, Barbara & Virabongsa Ramangkura, 1978. "Food security: an insurance approach," Research reports 4, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Johnson, D. Gale, 1976. "Increased stability of grain supplies in developing countries: Optimal carryovers and insurance," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 4(12), pages 977-987, December.
- Scandizzo, Pasquale Lucio & Hazell, Peter B.R. & Anderson, Jock R., 1983. "Producers' Price Expectations and the Size of the Welfare Gains from Price Stabilisation," Review of Marketing and Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 51(02), August.
- Kumar, Shubh K., 1979. "Impact of subsidized rice on food consumption and nutrition in Kerala:," Research reports 5, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Sarris, Alexander H., 1985. "Food security and agricultural production strategies under risk in Egypt," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(1-2), pages 85-111.
- Adelman, Irma, 1984. "Beyond export-led growth," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 12(9), pages 937-949, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cdl:agrebk:qt2mc7132p. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lisa Schiff)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.