Are price controls necessarily bad? The case of rice in Vietnam
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Dawe, David, 2001. "How far down the path to free trade? The importance of rice price stabilization in developing Asia," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 163-175, April.
- Goletti, Francesco & Minot, Nicholas, 1997. "Rice markets, agricultural growth, and policy options in Viet Nam," MTID discussion papers 14, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Jha, Shikha & Srinivasan, P. V., 1999. "Grain price stabilization in India: Evaluation of policy alternatives," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 21(1), pages 93-108, August.
- Piggott, John & Whalley, John, 1996. "The Tax Unit and Household Production," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 104(2), pages 398-418, April.
- Adelman, Irma & Berck, Peter, 1990.
"Food security policy in a stochastic world,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 34(1-2), pages 25-55, November.
- Adelman, Irma & Berck, Peter, 1989. "Food Security Policy in a Stochastic World," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt2mc7132p, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Gulati, Ashok & Narayanan, Sudha, 2002. "Rice trade liberalization and poverty," MTID discussion papers 51, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- David, Cristina C & Huang, Jikun, 1996. "Political Economy of Rice Price Protection in Asia," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 44(3), pages 463-483, April.
- Nicholas Minot & Francesco Goletti, 1998. "Export Liberalization and Household Welfare: The Case of Rice in Vietnam," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 80(4), pages 738-749.
- Jha, Shikha & Srinivasan, P.V., 1999. "Grain price stabilization in India: Evaluation of policy alternatives," Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 21(1), August.
- Dani Rodrik, 1998. "Globalisation, Social Conflict and Economic Growth," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 21(2), pages 143-158, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nguyen Chan & Tran Kim Dung, 2006. "The Impact of Trade Liberalization on Household Welfare in Vietnam," Working Papers MPIA 2006-02, PEP-MPIA.
- International Monetary Fund, 2008. "Mauritius; Selected Issues," IMF Staff Country Reports 08/237, International Monetary Fund.
- Sina Xie & Orachos Napasintuwong, 2014. "Review of Rice Policies in China, Thailand and Vietnam," Working Papers 201403, Kasetsart University, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Vasco Molini & Guanghua Wan, 2008. "Discovering sources of inequality in transition economies: a case study of rural Vietnam," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 41(1), pages 75-96, March.
- Chan, Nguyen & Dung, Tran Kim & Ghosh, Madanmohan & Whalley, John, 2005. "Adjustment costs in labour markets and the distributional effects of trade liberalization: Analytics and calculations for Vietnam," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 27(9), pages 1009-1024, December.
- Thomas Barré, 2010. "Overemployment, Underemployment and the opportunity cost of time," Working Papers halshs-00452809, HAL.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:deveco:v:73:y:2004:i:1:p:215-232. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/devec .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.