Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study and Research in Agriculture (SEARCA)
Asian Journal of Agriculture and Development
2015, Volume 12, Issue 1
- Field-Level Evidences of Climate Change and Coping Strategies of Smallholder Farmers in Molawin-Dampalit Sub-Watershed, Makiling Forest Reserve, Philippines
by Landicho, Leila D. & Visco, Roberto G. & Paelmo, Roselyn F. & Cabahug, Rowena D. & Baliton, Romnick S. & Espaldon, Marya Laya O. & Lasco, Rodel D.
- Economic Cost and Returns from Research and Development: The Case of Chili in Bangladesh
by Hasan, Md. Kamrul & Banik, Bhagya Rani
- Rural Labor Outmigration and Gender Dimension in an Assessment of Farm Technical Efficiency: A Case Study in Selected Rice Villages in the Philippines
by Luis, Joyce S. & Rola-Rubzen, Maria Fay & Paris, Thelma R. & Pede, Valerien O.
- Challenges and Opportunities for Giant Freshwater Prawn Culture through Participatory Learning and Fish Farmer Engagements
by Tambalque, Hermogenes S. III & Perez, Maripaz L. & Nieves, Plutomeo M. & Corre, Valeriano L. & Duarte, Jude A. & Pulido, Neil A. & Dejarme, Henry E. & Tanay, Dennis D. & Garces, Len R.
- Expert Elicitation for Assessing Agricultural Technology Adoption: The Case of Improved Rice Varieties in South Asian Countries
by Tsusaka, Takuji W. & Velasco, Ma. Lourdes & Yamano, Takashi & Pandey, Sushil
- Poverty, Income Inequality, and Irrigation Development: Longitudinal Evidence from Palawan, Philippines
by Shively, Gerald & Yao, Richard
2014, Volume 11, Issue 2
- Role of Participatory Development Communication in Natural Resource Management: A Case in Ratchaburi Province, Thailand
by Kheerajit, Cherdpong & Flor, Alexander G.
- Prospects and Dilemmas of Institutional Networking: Case of the Southeast Asian Network for Agroforestry Education (SEANAFE)
by Fernandez, Jesus C. & Landicho, Leila D.
- Sources of Growth and Instability in Agricultural Production in Western Odisha, India
by Swain, Mrutyunjay
- Strengthening Social Capital for Agricultural Development: Lessons from Guama, Bali, Indonesia
by Sedana, Gede & Ambarawati, I Gusti Agung Ayu & Windia, Wayan
- Competitiveness and Trade Performance of India’s Dairy Industry
by Ohlan, Ramphul
- Drought Risk in Cambodia: Assessing Costs and a Potential Solution
by Chhinh, Nyda & Cheb, Hoeurn & Heng, Naret
2014, Volume 11, Issue 1
- The Fishery Potential of Freshwater Gobies in Mandulog River, Northern Mindanao, Philippines
by Vedra, Sonnie A. & Ocampo, Pablo P.
- Technical Efficiency of Fruit and Vegetable Producers in Tamil Nadu, India: A Stochastic Frontier Approach
by Rajendran, Srinivasulu
- Organic Farming as an Innovative Farming System Development Model toward Sustainable Agriculture in Bali
by Budiasa, I Wayan
- A Qualitative Review of Vietnam’s 2006–2010 Economic Plan and the Performance of the Agriculture Sector
by Hieu, Phan Sy
- Transaction Costs of Exchange in Agriculture: A Survey
by Cuevas, Agham C.
- A Participatory Framework to Identify Gross National Happiness Issues for the Development of Smallholder Mixed Farming Systems in Bhutan
by Samdup, Tashi & Udo, Henk M.J. & van der Zijpp, Akke J.
2013, Volume 10, Issue 2
- Food Safety Concerns and other Factors Affecting Iran’s Pistachio Exports to EU, Australia, and Japan
by Ashktorab, Niloofar & Saghaian, Sayed Hossein & Shahnoushi, Naser
- Economic Cooperation in Natural Rubber: The Impacts on Natural Rubber’s World Supply and Indonesia’s Economy
by Verico, Kiki
- Push and Pull Factors in Rural Filipino Youth’s Outmigration from Agricultural Communities
by Manalo, Jaime A. IV & van de Fliert, Elske
- Assessment of a Farmer Base Network in Promoting an Integrated Farming System at the Mekong Delta in Vietnam
by Vo, Ha Van & Dang, Nhan Kieu & Le, Thach Ngoc & Tran, Be Thanh
- Operationalizing the Ecosystem Approach to Small-Scale Fisheries Management in the Philippines: The Iligan Bay Alliance of Misamis Occidental
by Garces, Len R. & Perez, Maripaz L. & Alolod, Angelito C. & Buendia, Idohna Leah J. & Callanta, Leslie S. & Santos, Lope B. III & Ramirez, Paul Joseph B. & Pido, Michael D.
- Urban and Peri-urban Agriculture in Phnom Penh, Cambodia: Challenges and Opportunities
by Underhill, Simon
2013, Volume 10, Issue 1
- Agricultural Price Policy, Output, and Farm Profitability—Examining Linkages during Post-Reform Period in India
by Tripathi, Ashutosh Kumar
- Determinants of Land Leasing Decisions in Shrimp Farming in West Bengal, India: Implications for Government Policy
by Bhattacharya, Poulomi
- The Role of Social Capital and Local Institutions in Coping with Climate Stresses: The Case of Krapum Chhouk Commune in Rural Cambodia
by Dany, Va & Regan, Michael & Taplin, Ros & Bajracharya, Bhishna
- Management of Coffee Leaf Rust Disease in India: Evidence for Socio-economic and Locational Determinants
by Narayana, M.R.
- Bioeconomics of Spiny Lobster Farming in Indonesia
by Petersen, Elizabeth H. & Jones, Clive & Priyambodo, Bayu
- Rice Yield Gap between Myanmar and Vietnam: A Matter of Price Policy or Public Investment in Technology?
by Kubo, Koji
2010, Volume 07, Issue 1
- Indian Agriculture and Food Security: Current Concerns and Lessons
by Acharya, Shabd S.
2, Volume 09, Issue 2
- Community Dynamics and Ecological Sensibility for Sustainable Mangrove Governance in Sinjai Regency, South Sulawesi, Indonesia
by Sugiana, Astrid Meilasari-
- Determinants of Household Income: A Quantile Regression Approach for Four Rice-Producing Areas in the Philippines
by Pede, Valerien O. & Luis, Joyce S. & Paris, Thelma R. & McKinley, Justin D.
- Governance, Institutional, and Pro-Poor Analysis of Cassava Contract Farming in Quang Tri Province, Vietnam
by Tuan, Nham Phong
- Supply Response and Investment in Agriculture in Andhra Pradesh
by Pandey, Lalmani & Rao, P. Parthasarathy & Birthal, P.S. & Bantilan, Cynthia & Binswanger, Hans P.
- Ex-ante Impact of Direct Seeding of Rice as an Alternative to Transplanting Rice in the Indo-Gangetic Plain
by Malabayabas, Arelene Julia & Templeton, Debbie & Singh, Pratibha
- Estimation of Technical Efficiency for Rice Farms in Central Thailand Using Stochastic Frontier Approach
by Taraka, Kallika & Latif, Ismail Abd. & Shamsudin, Mad Nasir & Sidique, Shaufique bin Ahmad
2, Volume 08, Issue 2
- The Spatial Integration of Vegetable Markets in Nepal
by Mishra, Rojani & Kumar, Anil
- Trends in India’s Agricultural Growth and Its Determinants
by Kannan, Elumalai
- Risk Perceptions, Attitudes, and Influential Factors of Rainfed Lowland Rice Farmers in Ilocos Norte, Philippines
by Lucas, Marilou P. & Pabuayon, Isabelita M.
- Spatial Distribution of Farm-Family Resources in the Mid-Hills of Nepal
by Bhatta, Gopal Datt & Doppler, Werner
- Progress of Mongolian Microfinance: A Case Study of Khan Bank and XacBank
by Dulamragchaa, Orosoo & Izumida, Yoichi
- Hypothesizing ICT4D in Philippine Agriculture: Deriving from Trends, Setting Directions
by Manalo IV, Jaime A. & van de Fliert, Elske
- Away-from-Home Meat Consumption in China
by Liu, Hongbo & Parton, Kevin A. & Zhou, Zhangyue & Cox, Rod
2, Volume 07, Issue 2
- Market Integration and Price Causality in the Myanmar Rice Market
by Myint, Theingi & Bauer, Siegfried
- Global Sustainability Regulation and Coffee Supply Chains in Lampung Province, Indonesia
by Arifin, Bustanul
- Rice-prawn Farming System: Impacts on Soil Quality and Land Productivity of Modern Variety Paddy Production in Bangladesh
by Kondo, Takumi & Osanami, Fumio & Barmon, Basanta Kumar & Yamaguchi, Junichi
- Development Pathways in the Philippine Uplands: Impacts and Influences on Forest Resource Management and Human Well-Being
by Espiritu, Nena O. & Casin, Ma. Cynthia S. & Camacho, Sofronio C.
- Challenges for Sustainable Agricultural Biotechnology Development in Indonesia
by Siregar, Hermanto & Arifin, Bustanul
- Rice Price Crisis: Causes, Impacts, and Solutions
by Rosegrant, Mark W. & Bhandari, Humnath & Pandey, Sushil & Sulser, Timothy
2, Volume 06, Issue 2
- Technological and Institutional Changes in the Indonesian Rice Sector: From Intensification to Sustainable Revitalization
by Mariyono, Joko
- Risk Management Strategies for Drought-Prone Rice Cultivation: A Case Study of Tamil Nadu, India
by Selvaraj, K.N.
- Impact of Water Management on Agricultural Production
by Haq, Rashida & Shafique, Saima
- The Transformation of Food Retail in the Philippines
by Romo, Glory Dee & Digal, Larry & Reardon, Thomas
- Technical Efficiency of Rice-Producing Households in the Mekong Delta of Vietnam
by Huy, Huynh Truong
- Technical Efficiency of Land Tenure Contracts in West Java Province, Indonesia
by Jamal, Erizal & Dewi, Yovita Anggita
- Soil Conservation Decisions and Upland Corn Productivity: A Philippine Case Study
by Rola, Agnes C. & Sajise, Asa Jose U. & Harder, Dieldre S. & Alpuerto, Joe Marvin P.
2, Volume 05, Issue 2
- Book Review: Voices from the Forests: Integrating Indigenous Knowledge into Sustainable Upland Farming
by Pulhin, Juan M.
- Exploratory Study on Selected Philippine Agricultural Commodity Import Statistics vis-à-vis Export Statistics of the Exporting Countries
by Cubinar, Gloria A. & De Guzman, Estela T.
- Religious Festivities and Marketing of Small Ruminants in Central Java – Indonesia
by Budisatria, I Gede S. & Udo, Henk M.J. & van der Zijpp, Akke J. & Baliarti, Endang & Murti, Tridjoko W.
- Tackling Household Food Insecurity: The Experience of Vietnam
by Nhat, Trang Thi Huy
- Formation of Social Capital for Common Pool Resource Management
by Tatlonghari, Gerlie T. & Sumalde, Zenaida
- Emerging Smallholder Rubber Farming Systems in India and Thailand: A Comparative Economic Analysis
by Viswanathan, P.K.
2, Volume 04, Issue 2
- BOOK REVIEW: ‘E’ Issues in Agribusiness The ‘What,’ ‘Why,’ ‘How’
by Dy, Rolando
- Effects of Small Sustainable Land Use Systems in Developing Countries
by Schindler, Jana & Wüstemann, Henry
- Food Safety in Southeast Asia: Challenges Facing the Region
by Othman, Noraini Mohd
- Overview of the World Broiler Industry: Implications for the Philippines
by Chang, Hui-Shung
- Integrated Agriculture-Aquaculture Systems in the Mekong Delta, Vietnam: An Analysis of Recent Trends
by Phong, Le Thanh & Udo, Henk M.J. & van Mensvoort, Martinus E.F. & Bosma, Roel H. & Tri, Le Quang & Nhan, Dang Kieu & van der Zijpp, Akke J.
- Can Trade Policies Soften the Economic Impacts of an Avian Influenza Outbreak? Simulations From a CGE Model of the Philippines
by Rodríguez, U-Primo E. & Garcia, Yolanda T. & Garcia, Arnulfo G. & Tan, Reynaldo L.
- Overcoming Obstacles to Agricultural Microfinance: Looking at Broader Issues
by Llanto, Gilberto M.
- Managing Microfinance Risks: Some Observations and Suggestions
by Fernando, Nimal A.
2, Volume 01, Issue 2
- Development Sociology and the Interaction Between the Social and Natural Sciences
by Visser, Leontine E.
- Myanmar in Economic Transition : Constraints and Related Issues Affecting the Agriculture Sector
by Soe, Tin
- Analyzing Supply Chains with Pluralistic and Agribusiness Systems Frameworks
by Murray-Prior, R.B. & Concepcion, Sylvia & Batt, Peter J. & Rola-Rubzen, M.F. & McGregor, Murray J. & Rasco, Eufemio & Digal, Larry & Manalili, Nerlita M. & Montiflor, Malou & Hualda, Luis & Migalbin, Lorraine
- Integration Options of ASEAN Transition Economies
by Clarete, Ramon L.
- Reconceiving Food Security and Environmental Protection
by Falvey, Lindsay
- Water and Poverty in Southeast Asia – The Research Agenda from a Global Perspective
by Craswell, Eric T.
1-2, Volume 02, Issue 1-2
- Book Review: The African Food Crisis: Lessons from the Asian Green Revolution
by Pandey, Sushil
- Ensuring Food Security - A Case for ASEAN Integration
by Bello, Amelia L.
- Effect of Integrated Rice-Duck Farming on Rice Yield, Farm Productivity, and Rice-Provisioning Ability of Farmers
by Hossain, Shaikh Tanveer & Sugimoto, Hideki & Ahmed, Gazi Jashim Uddin & Islam, Md. Rafiqul
- Environmental Sustainability Issues in Philippine Agriculture
by Briones, Nicomedes D.
- Agriculture Diversification in the Mekong Delta: Farmers’ Motives and Contributions to Livelihoods
by Bosma, Roel H. & Udo, Henk M.J. & Verreth, Johan A.J. & Visser, Leontine E. & Nam, Cao Quoc
- The Rise of Supermarkets and Vertical Relationships in the Indonesian Food Value Chain: Causes and Consequences
by Chowdhury, Shyamal K. & Gulati, Ashok & Gumbira-Sa’id, E.
- Rural Poverty in Southeast Asia: Issues, Policies, and Challenges
by Balisacan, Arsenio M. & Edillon, Rosemarie G. & Piza, Sharon Faye A.
- The Role of Agricultural Colleges and Universities in Rural Development and Lifelong Learning in Asia
by Atchoarena, David & Holmes, Keith
- Biodiversity Research for Sustainable Development: Can It Be Achieved?
by Sajise, Percy E.
1, Volume 09, Issue 1
- Agriculture, Markets, and Poverty: A Comparative Analysis of Lao PDR and Cambodia
by Gaiha, Raghav & Azam, Md Shafiul
- The Dynamics and Potentials of Asian Agro-Food Marketing
by Sulaiman, Jamalludin
- Food Security in Asia and the Pacific: The Role of Smallholders
by Thapa, Ganesh & Gaiha, Raghav Gaiha
- Food Security: Challenges and Opportunities for Eastern Europe and Central Asia
by Swinnen, Johan & Van Herck, Kristine
- Structural Transformation, the Changing Role of Rice, and Food Security in Asia: Small Farmers and Modern Supply Chains
by Timmer, C. Peter
- Economic Transformation of Agriculture in Asia: Past Performance and Future Prospects
by Otsuka, Keijiro
1, Volume 08, Issue 1
- PAFERN: Advancing Philippine Agroforestry Education and Research via Networking
by Landicho, Leila D.
- A Discourse on Agricultural Intensification in the Mid-Hills of Nepal
by Raut, Nani & Sitaula, Bishal Kumar & Bajracharya, Roshan Man
- Crisis-Adjustment Strategies Adopted by SMEs in Coping with the 2008-2009 Global Economic Crisis: The Case of Indonesia
by Tambunan, Tulus T.H.
- Total Factor Productivity Growth and its Determinants for West Bengal Agriculture
by Ghose, Arpita & Bhattacharyya, Debjani
- The Role of Agriculture in Recovery Following Natural Disasters: A Focus on Post-Tsunami Recovery in Aceh, Indonesia
by Tinning, Gavin
- Institutional Arrangements in Seasonal Floodplain Management under Community-based Aquaculture in Bangladesh
by Haque, A.B.M. Mahfuzul & Visser, Leontine E. & Dey, Madan M.
1, Volume 07, Issue 1
- Agricultural Development, Nutrition, and the Policies Behind China’s Success
by Huang, Jikun & Rozelle, Scott
- International Best Practice in Food Policy: Reflections on Food Policy Analysis
by Timmer, C. Peter
- Climate Change and Asian Agriculture
by Zhu, Tingju & Burton, Ian & Huq, Saleemul & Rosegrant, Mark W. & Yohe, Gary & Ewing, Mandy & Valmonte-Santos, Rowena
- The Role of Labor Markets and Human Capital in Poverty Reduction: Evidence from Asia and Africa
by Otsuka, Keijiro & Estudillo, Jonna P. & Yamano, Takashi
- Wither the Economics of Agricultural Development?
by Roumasset, James
1, Volume 06, Issue 1
- The “Tipping Point” in Indian Agriculture: Understanding the Withdrawal of the Indian Rural Youth
by Sharma, Amrita & Bhaduri, Anik
- Price Dynamics and Cointegration in the Major Markets of Aquaculture Species in the Philippines
by Garcia, Yolanda T. & Salayo, Nerissa D.
- Social Capital and the Local Food Movement in Japan: The Case of the Chiba Prefecture
by Yokoyama, Shigeki & Sakurai, Seiichi
- Spatial Integration of Rice Markets in Vietnam
by Nga, Nguyen Thi Duong & Lantican, Flordeliza A.
- Cereal Price Transmission in Several Large Asian Countries during the Global Food Crisis
by Dawe, David
1, Volume 05, Issue 1
- Rice Crisis and Climate Risk Management: The CURE Approach
by Castillo, Gelia T.
- Tropical Forests and Climate Change Mitigation: The Global Potential and Cases from the Philippines
by Lasco, Rodel D.
- Comparative and Competitive Advantage of the Shrimp Industry in Mekong River Delta, Vietnam
by Kiet, Nguyen Tuan & Sumalde, Zenaida
- The Impact of Integrated Pest Management Technology on Insecticide Use in Soybean Farming in Java, Indonesia: Two Models of Demand for Insecticides
by Mariyono, Joko
- Determinants of Crop Choices by Bangladeshi Farmers: A Bivariate Probit Analysis
by Rahman, Sanzidur
- Agriculture and Pro-Poor Growth: An Asian Perspective
by Timmer, C. Peter
1, Volume 04, Issue 1
- Enforcing TRIPS in Asia: The Implications for Agricultural Trade and Development, and an Agenda for Effective Compliance
by Beronio, Ronilo A. & Payumo, Jane G.
- The Potentials of Agro-Industry for Growth Promotion and Equality Improvement in Indonesia
by Fatah, Luthfi
- Analysis of the Philippine Chicken Industry: Commercial versus Backyard Sectors
by Chang, Hui-Shung (Christie)
- Eating for a Lifetime: Filling the Policy Gaps in Philippine Fisheries
by Briones, Roehlano M.
- Examining Malaysian Household Expenditure Patterns on Food-Away-From-Home
by Lee Siew Heng, Helen & Tan Khee Guan, Andrew
- The Role of Supply Chains and International Networks in Enhancing the Agricultural Sector’s Competitiveness in Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, and Vietnam (CLMV)
by Wong, Larry C.Y.
1, Volume 03, Issue 1
- Spatial Integration of the Rice Market: Empirical Evidence from Mid-west and Far-west Nepal, and the Nepalese-Indian Border
by Sanogo, Issa
- Non-Tariff Measures Faced by Philippine Agricultural Exports in East Asia
by Pasadilla, Gloria O. & Liao, Christine Marie
- NARES Capacity in Relation to International Treaties and Conventions on Intellectual Property Rights, Agricultural Biotechnology, and Plant Genetic Resources Management
by Sebastian, Leocadio & Payumo, Jane G.
- Pig Production in Cambodia, Laos, Philippines, and Vietnam: A Review
by Huynh, T.T.T. & Aarnink, A.J.A. & Drucker, Adam & Verstegen, M.W.A.
- The Ecological and Economic Aspects of the Multifunctional Role of Agroecosystems
by Sajise, Percy E. & Sajise, Asa Jose U.
- MNEs and the Global Integration of Thailand’s Processed Food Exports: A Firm-Level Study
by Kohpaiboon, Archanun
- Sustainability and Governance of Microfinance Institutions: Recent Experiences and Some Lessons for Southeast Asia
by Thapa, Ganesh
- Rural Credit Markets in Myanmar: A Study of Formal and Non-Formal Lenders
by Kaino, Tomoko
1, Volume 01, Issue 1
- Water Resources and Irrigation Policy Issues in Asia
by David, Wilfredo P.
- Rural Institutions, Agricultural Development, and Pro-Poor Economic Growth
by Roumasset, James
- Averting Hunger and Food Insecurity in Asia
by Balisacan, Arsenio M.
- The Three Agricultural Problems in the Disequilibrium of World Agriculture
by Evenson, Robert E.
- The Three Agricultural Problems in the Disequilibrium of World Agriculture
by Hayami, Yujiro & Godo, Yoshihisa