The life cycle of a metropolitan business network: Liverpool 1750-1810
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Sheilagh Ogilvie, 2004.
"Guilds, efficiency, and social capital: evidence from German proto-industry,"
Economic History Review,
Economic History Society, vol. 57(2), pages 286-333, May.
- Sheilagh Ogilvie, 2002. "Guilds, Efficiency, and Social Capital: Evidence from German Proto-Industry," CESifo Working Paper Series 820, CESifo Group Munich.
- Checkland, S. G., 1958. "American Versus West Indian Traders in Liverpool, 1793–1815," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 18(02), pages 141-160, June.
- Ann Carlos & Karen Maguire & Larry Neal, 2008. "'A knavish people…': London Jewry and the stock market during the South Sea Bubble," Business History, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 50(6), pages 728-748.
- Ann Prior & Maurice Kirby, "undated". "The Society of Friends and the Family Firm, 1700-1830," Working Papers ec11/93, Department of Economics, University of Lancaster.
- Hancock, David, 2005. "The Trouble with Networks: Managing the Scots' Early-Modern Madeira Trade," Business History Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 79(03), pages 467-491, September.
- James E. Rauch, 2001. "Business and Social Networks in International Trade," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 39(4), pages 1177-1203, December.
- Haggerty, John & Haggerty, Sheryllynne, 2010. "Visual Analytics of an Eighteenth-Century Business Network," Enterprise & Society, Cambridge University Press, vol. 11(01), pages 1-25, March.
More about this item
KeywordsMetropolitan business networks Liverpool Trade Visual analytics Merchants;
ListsThis item is featured on the following reading lists or Wikipedia pages:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:exehis:v:48:y:2011:i:2:p:189-206. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622830 .